PDA

View Full Version : The Collectible Paul Tremblay

CyberGhostface
03-21-2019, 06:00 PM
From SST Publications:

https://abload.de/img/54462475_233638766304o1k3h.jpg

Announcing 3 Paul Tremblay Signed Limited Hardcovers

I’m very happy to announce that SST will be publishing three Signed Limited Hardcover editions by award-winning author Paul Tremblay.

The first title is the Bram Stoker Award winning novel A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS of which Stephen King said: “Scared the living hell out of me, and I’m pretty hard to scare.” It is available for preorder now and will be published this summer:

https://sstpublications.co.uk/A-Head-Full-of-Ghosts.html

The second title is DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL’S ROCK which will be available for preorder in a couple of months, and the third title is the Bram Stoker Award nominated THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD.

I’m really excited to be publishing these three outstanding novels. All of which will be illustrated by the award-winning artist Daniele Serra. They will be published as a very limited 400-copy Signed Hardcover editions, all with beautiful wraparound dust jacket art, a full colour illustrated signature sheet, and five interior illustrations.

Here are all the details for A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS and the preorder link for you to secure your copy today:

https://sstpublications.co.uk/A-Head-Full-of-Ghosts.html

This will be a beautiful set to have in your collection, so if you’d like to secure your copy of the first title A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS please order today to avoid disappointment!

CyberGhostface
06-03-2019, 05:26 AM
A Disappearance at Devil's Rock is able to order.

https://sstpublications.co.uk/Disappearance-at-Devils-Rock.html

jeffingoff
06-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Love SST's editions and Serra's work. That's why I have both on order even though I've never read Tremblay's work. Though I hope to love his books as well.

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Another author I know nothing about.
I need to catch up. (or ketchup, as per PULP FICTION)

CyberGhostface
06-04-2019, 08:35 AM
Dark Regions Press is coming out with 'The Cabin at the End of the World'.

https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/announcing-the-cabin-at-the-end-of-the-world-by-paul-tremblay-special-edition-from-dark-regions-press

jeffingoff
06-04-2019, 08:53 AM
Dark Regions Press is coming out with 'The Cabin at the End of the World'.

https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/announcing-the-cabin-at-the-end-of-the-world-by-paul-tremblay-special-edition-from-dark-regions-press

Saw that. Very curious about the details . . .

imatlas
06-12-2019, 10:57 PM
I ordered both of the SST editions the other day, but I'm just not as interested in the DRP release at this point. It's not the first limited release, which is a ding in my book, and I wasn't blown away by my first DRP limited (The Red Brain).

CyberGhostface
07-11-2019, 06:57 AM
SST's Cabin at the End of the World available for pre-order.

https://sstpublications.co.uk/The-Cabin-at-the-End-of-the-World.html

swintek
07-14-2019, 10:15 AM
I ordered both of the SST editions the other day, but I'm just not as interested in the DRP release at this point. It's not the first limited release, which is a ding in my book, and I wasn't blown away by my first DRP limited (The Red Brain).

Glad I wasn't the only one underwhelmed with DRP's RED BRAIN. Didn't they tout this as having equal production standards to Centipede's A MOUNTAIN WALKED? No, not even close. I know they've had some printer issues (this seems to be a huge problem with them and CD- same printer(s)?), so hopefully they improve going forward.

Sorry for the OT!

CyberGhostface
10-10-2019, 10:45 AM
New release from SST of Growing Things:

https://sstpublications.co.uk/Growing-Things-and-Other-Stories.html

Comes with a bonus story.

CyberGhostface
11-05-2019, 07:17 AM
CD announced the Graveyard Edition for A Head Full of Ghosts and it's since gone OOP. Dark Regions has a few copies left by itself and with a bundle of some of the SST editions.

https://darkregions.com/products/a-head-full-of-ghosts-by-paul-tremblay-signed-numbered-limited-hardcover-preorder
https://darkregions.com/products/a-head-full-of-ghosts-by-paul-tremblay-signed-numbered-limited-hardcover-preorder?variant=31099906916405

WeDealInLead
11-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Too bad (for me) CD is already sold out. I still have a few bucks left in credit and I haven't seen anything too exciting in a while until now. I like the simple and timeless look to this edition. I just couldn't make myself pull the trigger on the SST edition because of that damned blurb on the cover. What the hell is the point of that?

Do you know if these editions have any illustrations? Thanks.

jeffingoff
11-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Too bad (for me) CD is already sold out. I still have a few bucks left in credit and I haven't seen anything too exciting in a while.

Do you know if these editions have any illustrations? Thanks.

No illustrations.

WeDealInLead
11-05-2019, 09:57 AM
That was fast. Thanks.

jeffingoff
11-05-2019, 10:03 AM
That was fast. Thanks.

hahahaha
Unfortunately I hear that all the time.

The Graveyard Editions are cool, but they're uniform. Quality materials, nice covers and endpapers, a small print run, and a very modest price. Designed to look great lining the shelf, but none are illustrated. No dust jackets either. They look like CD's take on Easton Press editions.

If you want illustrations, chase down SST's edition--illustrated by the fantastic Daniele Serra. I believe it's sold out at the publisher, but the other SST Tremblay books are still available.

Garrell
11-05-2019, 10:06 AM
I have SST Head full of Ghost, very nice edition. I have the other 3 on preorder and the graveyard edition also. Only read Cabin At The End of the World, loved it, so taking a chance that his other stuff is great also til I get a chance to read them.

jeffingoff
11-05-2019, 10:13 AM
I have SST Head full of Ghost, very nice edition. I have the other 3 on preorder and the graveyard edition also. Only read Cabin At The End of the World, loved it, so taking a chance that his other stuff is great also til I get a chance to read them.

I've only read Head Full of Ghosts. And I'm glad I loved it. I had two other Tremblay books pre-ordered when I read it.

The same tactic didn't turn out so well with the CJ Tudor books I bought from SubPress.

CyberGhostface
11-05-2019, 11:09 AM

Cabin is probably Tremblay's most controversial book so if you liked that you should enjoy his others.

WeDealInLead
11-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Here's my Tremblay order:

A Head Full of Ghosts

Disappearance...

Cabin

Growing Things DNF
Swallowing a Donkey's Eye DNF
Little Sleep DNF

The spaces between titles signify the chasm of difference in quality. Please don't yell at me, there was nothing in those books that worked for me.

Re: CJ Tudor. I don't have the energy to mince words so I'll just say The Chalk Man straight up sucks.

CyberGhostface
11-05-2019, 11:28 AM
I think Tremblay's a great novelist (although I've only read his horror output) but his short stories rarely grab me. A lot of the time I'm not really sure what happened or what the point of the story was.

jeffingoff
11-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Here's my Tremblay order:

A Head Full of Ghosts

Disappearance...

Cabin

Growing Things DNF
Swallowing a Donkey's Eye DNF
Little Sleep DNF

The spaces between titles signify the chasm of difference in quality. Please don't yell at me, there was nothing in those books that worked for me.

Re: CJ Tudor. I don't have the energy to mince words so I'll just say The Chalk Man straight up sucks.

I forgave CHALK MAN because there was no way the book could live up to the hype. My expectations were so high that the book was almost certain to be a disappointment. And it certainly was. But there was something about her style that I enjoyed. Then I read THE HIDING PLACE. God awful. The most consistent criticism I've read about that book had to do with people feeling like Tudor was just copying Stephen King. I WISH she had copied King.

My review on Goodreads for anyone bored enough to know my opinion: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2744338755?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1

WeDealInLead
12-17-2019, 05:27 AM
Not a collectible but possibly a nice inexpensive addition for those who like multiple editions of the same book:
https://forbiddenplanet.com/254349-the-cabin-at-the-end-of-the-world-signed/

CyberGhostface
04-09-2020, 02:08 PM
SST is releasing a special edition for 'Survivor Song'.

https://sstpublications.co.uk/Survivor-Song.html

Garrell
04-09-2020, 05:20 PM
SST is releasing a special edition for 'Survivor Song'.

https://sstpublications.co.uk/Survivor-Song.html
Thank you and ordering.

CyberGhostface
04-24-2020, 06:33 AM
Dark Regions Press announced they’ll be doing the US edition of Survivor Song.

https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/dark-regions-press-to-publish-usa-special-edition-of-paul-tremblays-upcoming-novel-survivor-song

Garrell
04-24-2020, 07:17 AM
Cool, good to know. Already preordered the SST version and the 1st/1st.

jeffingoff
04-24-2020, 08:13 AM
Cool, good to know. Already preordered the SST version and the 1st/1st.

I would love to have both the DRP editions of Cabin and Survivor Song. I have both Off Season and Malorie coming from them. And the other two Tremblay books coming from SST. So I've spread it out as much as I can.

Reading Cabin now and loving it. I think Tremblay is fantastic.

Garrell
04-24-2020, 08:46 AM
Cabin is my favorite so far. Finishing Disappearance in the next couple days.

Nemoh21
04-29-2020, 07:38 AM
I was late to the game and missed out on sst head full of ghosts. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell?

jeffingoff
04-29-2020, 08:24 AM

Just finished the SST edition of Cabin and I absolutely loved it. Reading Tremblay's thoughts and insights into the process of writing the book is also a huge treat. I love additional content like that. I'm moving Disappearance at Devil's Rock higher up my TBR pile. I'm becoming a big Tremblay fan!

Garrell
04-29-2020, 09:20 AM

Just finished the SST edition of Cabin and I absolutely loved it. Reading Tremblay's thoughts and insights into the process of writing the book is also a huge treat. I love additional content like that. I'm moving Disappearance at Devil's Rock higher up my TBR pile. I'm becoming a big Tremblay fan!

Thoughts on the ending? I hated it at first but at time passed and I digested it mentally, I love it.
Finished Disappearance at Devil's Rock today, 3rd favorite of the 3 I've read.

jeffingoff
04-29-2020, 09:48 AM
I loved the ending. For me it was like the ending of Head Full of Ghosts. Allowing the reader to make the call. Tremblay addresses it in the notes in the SST edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garrell
04-29-2020, 10:15 AM
Sadly my SST version is still in transit. Since March 21 :( SST said they will ship another if it doesn't show soon.

jeffingoff
04-29-2020, 10:17 AM
Sadly my SST version is still in transit. Since March 21 :( SST said they will ship another if it doesn't show soon.

WOW! I thought I had it bad! My copy of Blood and Lemonade made it from the UK to Chicago in 3 days!!! But then it sat there from April 11 to April 28. Now it's in Oklahoma. I live in a suburb of Chicago.

Heather19
04-29-2020, 10:56 AM
I loved the ending to Cabin. It's actually one of my favorite endings to a book ever. What did he say about it in that edition? When I saw him last year I told him how much I enjoyed the ending to that book and he thanked me because he said most people hated it :lol:

jeffingoff
04-29-2020, 11:15 AM
I loved the ending to Cabin. It's actually one of my favorite endings to a book ever. What did he say about it in that edition? When I saw him last year I told him how much I enjoyed the ending to that book and he thanked me because he said most people hated it :lol:

Well, I'm sure I need to plop it in a spoiler but first I need to put a whole bunch of words in front of that spoiler box because sometimes, in the preview state, text in the hidden spoiler box can appear and people see things they might not want to see. Anyway:

Paul suggested for those who felt the story was unfinished they could just add the sentence "And then the world ended." or "And the world went on." His position is that the book isn't about whether there's an apocalypse happening or just a crazed cult bent on murder, but rather it's about the decisions the characters make--choosing love and life in the face of everything. The endurance of the human spirit. As Tremblay points out, the dads have suffered a very personal apocalypse. For them, their world has ended. Or at least a very significant part of it. So their choice to persevere is beautiful even if it is selfish. I. think the people wanting that final unwritten sentence are the ones who want to judge the characters to see if what they decided is the correct call. They need to judge the characters on that measure. I don't need that sentence to judge them. If it is a real apocalypse, then we all suffer under an insane god and there's no reason this insanity won't happen again. So what's the point anyway. Better to choose life and your free will while you have it.

swintek
04-29-2020, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I liked the ending a lot myself. The book, too. I hadn't read Tremblay's comments about it yet until you posted that spoiler above, Jeff, but they strike me as smart and insightful, and treating the reader in the same way.

jeffingoff
04-29-2020, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I liked the ending a lot myself. The book, too. I hadn't read Tremblay's comments about it yet until you posted that spoiler above, Jeff, but they strike me as smart and insightful, and treating the reader in the same way.

Yeah he stated it better than I did and he adds a lot more insight worth digging into if you like the book.

Aremag
04-29-2020, 02:15 PM

I'm still mulling over the ending a month or so after reading it. I'm still willing to read more Tremblay and hope to hear Jeff pronounce Tremblay in every one of his videos.

Heather19
04-30-2020, 06:08 AM

Well, I'm sure I need to plop it in a spoiler but first I need to put a whole bunch of words in front of that spoiler box because sometimes, in the preview state, text in the hidden spoiler box can appear and people see things they might not want to see. Anyway:

Paul suggested for those who felt the story was unfinished they could just add the sentence "And then the world ended." or "And the world went on." His position is that the book isn't about whether there's an apocalypse happening or just a crazed cult bent on murder, but rather it's about the decisions the characters make--choosing love and life in the face of everything. The endurance of the human spirit. As Tremblay points out, the dads have suffered a very personal apocalypse. For them, their world has ended. Or at least a very significant part of it. So their choice to persevere is beautiful even if it is selfish. I. think the people wanting that final unwritten sentence are the ones who want to judge the characters to see if what they decided is the correct call. They need to judge the characters on that measure. I don't need that sentence to judge them. If it is a real apocalypse, then we all suffer under an insane god and there's no reason this insanity won't happen again. So what's the point anyway. Better to choose life and your free will while you have it.

Thanks! And I completely agree. I think it's more about the journey than about the end. Also I've always been a fan of endings such as that. I feel like they can be so much more powerful, especially when executed properly.

jeffingoff
04-30-2020, 06:23 AM

Thanks! And I completely agree. I think it's more about the journey than about the end. Also I've always been a fan of endings such as that. I feel like they can be so much more powerful, especially when executed properly.

Have you read The Road? It doesn't necessarily have an ambiguous ending, but it leaves a lot for the reader to think about. Then again, I guess no stories are ever really completely finished. I'm rambling.

But getting back to this book: as I was reading Cabin, I was hoping it would end like the short story "The Nine Billion Names of God" by Arthur C. Clarke. If you've never read it, it's an amazing story that's a great accompaniment to CABIN but I'm glad it didn't. I think it ended perfectly.

Heather19
04-30-2020, 06:31 AM
I have read The Road, but it's been awhile. My favorite ending to a book ever is The Long Walk, it's just perfect. Cabin kind of captured that same feeling for me. There really is no happy ending regardless of whether the world really ends or not. As their life as they knew it is essentially over.
And I'll definitely seek out that short story. Thanks for the recommendation.

jeffingoff
04-30-2020, 06:32 AM
I have read The Road, but it's been awhile. My favorite ending to a book ever is The Long Walk, it's just perfect. Cabin kind of captured that same feeling for me. There really is no happy ending regardless of whether the world really ends or not. As their life as they knew it is essentially over.
And I'll definitely seek out that short story. Thanks for the recommendation.

Been meaning to re-read The Long Walk. It's been decades. I'm hoping Suntup does an edition . . .

swintek
04-30-2020, 10:25 AM
Same and SAME to those last two statements!

GenericEric
06-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Just saw the update on SST saying Growing Things is done and are now shipping them out.

I've read a couple of the short stories in that collection and liked them so I'm looking forward to the rest of the collection. Especially since Daniele Serra is doing the artwork once again.

Also, I've been hearing good things about Survivor Song. I'm debating waiting to read it until I get the SST edition or just buying the trade edition and reading it then.

Garrell
06-28-2020, 05:37 AM
Exciting news

GenericEric
07-24-2020, 12:22 PM
Finally received Growing Things today!

Beautiful editions from SST as always. Love Daniele Serra's art as well. Heard a lot of great things about this short story collection.

https://i.imgur.com/eEPGrcL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ribgIbR.jpg

GenericEric
07-24-2020, 03:29 PM
I'm late to the party on collecting Tremblay. Am I late on the pre-orders of Dark Regions Press editions of Cabin and Survivor Song?

I don't think I am, but I thought I'd ask. I haven't seen any news about either yet. I know DRP announced Cabin last June, but I there hasn't been anything since I think.

jeffingoff
07-24-2020, 03:35 PM
I'm late to the party on collecting Tremblay. Am I late on the pre-orders of Dark Regions Press editions of Cabin and Survivor Song?

I don't think I am, but I thought I'd ask. I haven't seen any news about either yet. I know DRP announced Cabin last June, but I there hasn't been anything since I think.

DRP is implementing a new policy of opening up to preorders only after a book is at the printer. So you are not missing out.

GenericEric
07-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Okay good. I think that's a good policy to have. So you don't have money tied up in something that could be years away....

RichardX
07-24-2020, 05:04 PM
I suppose likes or dislikes of a particular author are somewhat subjective, but there was a lot of good buzz about Tremblay so I tried a couple of his books. And disliked them both. Not kind of or sort of but really didn't like them. The plot of Survivor Song sounded fantastic. A quick spreading rabies virus. Hard to screw that one up. Wrong! What a snooze fest. I almost couldn't believe it. A couple hundred pages on a pregnant woman's attempt to get to the hospital. The book was apparently a rushed opportunity to prove how "hep" the author is by offering his inane political commentary on responding to a "virus." The hospitals are overrun and its all the fault of right wingers. Wow. A breathtaking exercise in boredom.

Cwalker
07-24-2020, 05:50 PM
Even Paul recognizes the ambiguity of much of his writing..http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/774/medium/CFD1501D-91AA-4F5D-A45B-F3E3DAE8047E.jpeg

Cwalker
07-24-2020, 06:49 PM
I suppose likes or dislikes of a particular author are somewhat subjective, but there was a lot of good buzz about Tremblay so I tried a couple of his books. And disliked them both. Not kind of or sort of but really didn't like them. The plot of Survivor Song sounded fantastic. A quick spreading rabies virus. Hard to screw that one up. Wrong! What a snooze fest. I almost couldn't believe it. A couple hundred pages on a pregnant woman's attempt to get to the hospital. The book was apparently a rushed opportunity to prove how "hep" the author is by offering his inane political commentary on responding to a "virus." The hospitals are overrun and its all the fault of right wingers. Wow. A breathtaking exercise in boredom.

I can see how you can feel that way about the story. I am only half way through, so i cant judge more than that, but just so you know Survivor Song was written between July 2018 and August 2019, well before our present pandemic had even appeared. It is just one of those “synchronistic oddities” that sometimes appears. Paul doesn't need to be “hep” and take the easy route. He is a writer and a mathematician. He does his research and extrapolates possible outcomes. This one just happens to be uncomfortably close to reality.

GenericEric
07-24-2020, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I figured this book has been in the works for a couple of years now.

Not trying to be a dick, but perhaps you should refrain from making assumptions about his process of writing the book without actually knowing anything about it.

If this was just some rushed job in response to the current pandemic it probably wouldn't sit right with me either. But that's absolutely not what this is.

RichardX
07-25-2020, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I figured this book has been in the works for a couple of years now.

Not trying to be a dick, but perhaps you should refrain from making assumptions about his process of writing the book without actually knowing anything about it.

If this was just some rushed job in response to the current pandemic it probably wouldn't sit right with me either. But that's absolutely not what this is.

Have you read the book? There is zero doubt that certain aspects of this book were influenced by the current pandemic unless Tremblay is claiming to be Nostradamus. The fact that he may have worked on the book during a certain time period does not preclude the possibility of additions at a later time before publication.

CyberGhostface
07-25-2020, 06:04 AM
Have you read the book? There is zero doubt that certain aspects of this book were influenced by the current pandemic unless Tremblay is claiming to be Nostradamus.

I guess he’s Nostradamus because this book was turned in to the publisher in 2019. :wink:

Garrell
07-25-2020, 09:23 AM
Have you read the book? There is zero doubt that certain aspects of this book were influenced by the current pandemic unless Tremblay is claiming to be Nostradamus.

I guess he’s Nostradamus because this book was turned in to the publisher in 2019. :wink:

Yep

GenericEric
07-25-2020, 09:47 AM
Ah yes, instead of admitting you were way off base, let's double down on being wrong...

Cwalker
07-25-2020, 10:08 AM

Yep

As i said, he does his research. 4 or even 2 years ago it took no stretch of the imagination to see we were not prepared for the kind of shit show we are living through now. He would not have needed to add anything at the last minute to make it topical. He simply built off of the predictions that others had been making for years.

RC65
07-25-2020, 11:44 AM
Man, SST sure does nice work. Here are some pics of the signed/limited HC of GROWING THINGS AND OTHER STORIES that they just released:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/status/1286671516470358017?s=20

If there's a better bang-for-your-buck overseas publisher, I don't know who it is...SST increasingly reminds me of Subterranean Press (with an English accent), which is a good thing indeed.

dnemec
07-25-2020, 12:13 PM
Man, SST sure does nice work. Here are some pics of the signed/limited HC of GROWING THINGS AND OTHER STORIES that they just released:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/status/1286671516470358017?s=20

If there's a better bang-for-your-buck overseas publisher, I don't know who it is...SST increasingly reminds me of Subterranean Press (with an English accent), which is a good thing indeed.

I agree. The customer service is great too. I asked Paul if he could match my numbers when I bought the 2nd released Tremblay - was it Cabin? - and he told me that as long as I order from him, he will automatically match it for me. I know own the 4 Tremblay books, all numbered 20.

RC65
08-23-2020, 10:12 AM
New double set of Paul Tremblay's early crime work, from Thunderstorm Books:

https://thunderstormbooks.com/thunderstorm/book/the-little-sleep/

If interested, you may want to hurry...the max print-run will be 300 and Paul's giving it 24 hours to do so (assuming 200 copies is reached before the clock starts), at which point it will be considered sold out.

Garrell
08-23-2020, 10:46 AM
Ordered. Thanks

GenericEric
08-23-2020, 11:44 AM
Thank you. Also ordered.

Now I need to find Swallowing a Donkey's Eye at a decent price.

RC65
08-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Glad you guys got your copies. Really looking forward to my copies as well...hopefully the wait between this pre-order and publication won't be too long, as Paul's pretty good about turning things around fast.

swintek
08-23-2020, 09:37 PM
Anyone read these? $160 is some good scratch for a couple of books I've never really heard of... still- intrigued!

Cwalker
08-24-2020, 05:16 AM
I have read them both and I consider them two of his best stories with an unforgettable character. The thought of a narcoleptic PI sounds like something out of a Mel Brooks movie and i was expecting tongue in cheek humor but this is far from that. If nothing else you will learns the horrors associated with narcolepsy, particularly the extreme effects. I would be buying this set in a instant if i had the money to spare right now. THAT BEING SAID, it may not be your cup of tea. It is at it’s core, a Straight up mystery novel. If you are not a fan of those, you may want to find some original copies at much cheaper prices and give those a try. Or give them a miss completely.
I have asked, begged, wheedled, and several other forms of annoying pestering for Paul to do another story but as it stands he has no desire to do one. For me, that is a real bummer.
Hope that help some!

Munnecom
08-24-2020, 05:55 AM
I've put my order in and requested #97 to go with the five Tremblay books from SST Publications. I wonder what the final print run of this set will be...

swintek
08-24-2020, 12:30 PM
I have read them both and I consider them two of his best stories with an unforgettable character. The thought of a narcoleptic PI sounds like something out of a Mel Brooks movie and i was expecting tongue in cheek humor but this is far from that. If nothing else you will learns the horrors associated with narcolepsy, particularly the extreme effects. I would be buying this set in a instant if i had the money to spare right now. THAT BEING SAID, it may not be your cup of tea. It is at it’s core, a Straight up mystery novel. If you are not a fan of those, you may want to find some original copies at much cheaper prices and give those a try. Or give them a miss completely.
I have asked, begged, wheedled, and several other forms of annoying pestering for Paul to do another story but as it stands he has no desire to do one. For me, that is a real bummer.
Hope that help some!

Yes it does! Thanks so much!

GenericEric
10-28-2020, 03:38 PM
Just curious if anyone got a shipping notice for the SST edition of Survivor Song?

I noticed it switched from pre-order status to instock. I know Paul Fry recently said it'd be shipping soon.

Garrell
10-28-2020, 04:36 PM
Not yet.

CyberGhostface
11-01-2020, 01:23 PM
Just curious if anyone got a shipping notice for the SST edition of Survivor Song?

I noticed it switched from pre-order status to instock. I know Paul Fry recently said it'd be shipping soon.

I just got it today.

dnemec
11-01-2020, 02:06 PM

I just got it today.

Me too.

GenericEric
11-05-2020, 10:09 AM
Yay! Just received the shipping notice.

I've actually been holding off reading it so I can read the SST edition first.

Garrell
11-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Excited, got mine also.

GenericEric
11-10-2020, 08:14 AM
https://darkregions.com/products/the-cabin-at-the-end-of-the-world-special-edition-by-paul-tremblay-preorder

Dark Regions press just opened up the pre-order for The Cabin at the End of the World. The lettered edition is still available as well.

Garrell
11-10-2020, 08:27 AM
Ordered the regular. Thought about the lettered but I already ordered the Lettered Malorie by Josh Malerman.

GenericEric
11-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Ordered a numbered and a lettered.

Still 4 lettered left as of right now.

jeffingoff
11-10-2020, 09:25 AM
https://darkregions.com/products/the-cabin-at-the-end-of-the-world-special-edition-by-paul-tremblay-preorder

Dark Regions press just opened up the pre-order for The Cabin at the End of the World. The lettered edition is still available as well.

I thought Chris Morey said that Josh Malerman would write the intro and sign these editions, but that's nowhere in the description. Maybe it fell through. I passed on this because I have the SST set and I'm good with those. (I might consider selling the Graveyard edition of Head Full of Ghosts if someone wants to pay me $200!) I have the lettered editions of Offspring and Malorie on order from DRP, so it's not like i don't have those beauties to look forward to.

I'm sure this edition will be a a hot item for DRP.

CyberGhostface
11-10-2020, 09:32 AM
It still says Josh is doing the intro.

Idk if I’ll be getting this. ‘Cabin’ didn’t do much for me and I already have the SST set.

jeffingoff
11-10-2020, 09:43 AM
It still says Josh is doing the intro.

Idk if I’ll be getting this. ‘Cabin’ didn’t do much for me and I already have the SST set.

Hahahaha yeah right there in the description! Shows you what a good reader I am. I was paying closer attention to the "signed by" info. So he's doing the intro but not signing. I don't blame him. I can see how he wouldn't feel right signing another living author's book.

Garrell
11-10-2020, 06:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201111/448b0a8f060b3f8e157b11ec33320a0b.jpg
This SST gem arrived today. Very nicely done.

GenericEric
11-10-2020, 07:21 PM
Ordered a numbered and a lettered.

Still 4 lettered left as of right now.

Down to 1 lettered left! I'm sure it won't last long.

RC65
11-12-2020, 04:11 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201111/448b0a8f060b3f8e157b11ec33320a0b.jpg
This SST gem arrived today. Very nicely done.

Nice! My copy arrived a few days ago, along with its WESTLAKE SOUL companion. Here are a few more pics of the Tremblay:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/status/1326567649980030976?s=20

Scoogs
12-05-2020, 05:06 PM
Any thoughts on the value for an ARC of A Head Full of Ghosts?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50691683373_5f7d17262a_o.jpg

Garrell
12-07-2020, 10:53 AM
No clue really. Free to me? I will pay shipping, I guess. :unsure:

Garrell
01-27-2021, 01:35 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210127/5c754606acf3fc49bfa8a055911320c4.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210127/6bfaedcefcb7496d952f6680a3d2fcab.jpgVery happy with the production on these.

CyberGhostface
01-27-2021, 04:06 PM
Nice. I haven’t read those yet.

Garrell
01-27-2021, 05:42 PM
Nice. I haven’t read those yet.
Me neither. I have the paperback of The Little Sleep and now the hardback versions. They are on my future read list.

CyberGhostface
02-16-2021, 08:20 AM
Dark Regions released the cover art for their upcoming special edition for Survivor Song. It’s not available for order yet.

https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/cover-reveal-for-survivor-song-special-edition-by-paul-tremblay-coming-from-dark-regions-press

Garrell
02-16-2021, 09:17 AM
Yea, saw that. Loved that scene in the book and the cover is sweet. OK, they embellished the scene a little, still cool.

Cwalker
02-16-2021, 10:27 AM
Just got my Little Sleep/No Sleep set and so impressed with the quality! Really glad I got in on these in time.
Plus, i got #15. Lowest number of anything i have. 🙂

GenericEric
02-16-2021, 10:48 AM
Probably have to pass on these editions since I have the SST editions. The two they've revealed do look great though.

Garrell
02-16-2021, 11:18 AM
Yes the Sleep set is very nicely done.

CyberGhostface
02-19-2021, 11:31 AM
Probably have to pass on these editions since I have the SST editions. The two they've revealed do look great though.

Same. If they did 'A Head Full of Ghosts' or 'Disappearance at Devil's Rock' I might get it just because I loved them but his other stuff hasn't blown me away as much.

Garrell
02-19-2021, 07:36 PM
The Cabin.... is still my favorite, not even close. I did really enjoy Survivor Song though.

RC65
02-19-2021, 08:26 PM
For whatever reason, I didn't seem to love CABIN as much as many did...I enjoyed it a great deal, but found the lack of truth and clarity about events frustrating. I know that was kind of part-and-parcel of the story, and maybe spelling things out would have ruined the mystery of it, but, I don't know, maybe I found the characters' struggles too compelling to be okay with that degree of obfuscation.

My order:
1). HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS
2). SURVIVOR SONG
3). THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD
4). DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL'S ROCK

I'm starting the first of his two SLEEP novels tonight, in fact, so we'll see where those fit.

I also enjoyed his two short-story collections, but he is one of those rare authors who I prefer more in the long form than the short.

Garrell
02-20-2021, 08:12 AM
I also put DADR last, didn't like it much. I was on the fence about Cabin and almost hated it immediately when I finished it, but as more time passed I realized I loved it the more I thought about it. The vagueness became the thing that made it such a great story. I still think about which ending conclusion I have in my mind was the true one from time to time.

Cwalker
04-28-2021, 12:47 PM
Thanks to an eagle eyed friend i was able to add this to my collection for the cover price of $19.99!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/774/medium/C733A075-BE16-4F62-9EE5-5ACB27E8DAD3.jpeg

Garrell
04-28-2021, 01:45 PM
Very nice

St. Troy
04-29-2021, 05:22 AM
A quick look at recent comments here shows that The Cabin at the End of the World (which I haven't read) has ambiguity about it, and I know from experience that Head Full of Ghosts (the only Tremblay I've read, which I liked) shares that characteristic, so my question for Tremblay fans: is this something he always does? While I did enjoy HFOG, I wouldn't want a steady diet of this.

Cwalker
04-29-2021, 07:51 AM
A quick look at recent comments here shows that The Cabin at the End of the World (which I haven't read) has ambiguity about it, and I know from experience that Head Full of Ghosts (the only Tremblay I've read, which I liked) shares that characteristic, so my question for Tremblay fans: is this something he always does? While I did enjoy HFOG, I wouldn't want a steady diet of this.

It really does seem to be a theme with him. There is a short story in Growing Things where he even pokes fun at himself for this trait. When i saw him last i had him sign GT as “Mr. Ambiguity” which he did with a laugh so yeah, it is pretty common. Still worth the read as long as you know what you are getting into.

Heather19
04-29-2021, 12:09 PM
I highly recommend Cabin at the End of the World, even though it does have an open ending it is so well done and perfectly fits the story. It's one that I've thought back on often, and I'd even go so far as to say it's one of my all-time favorite endings to a book ever. But in answer to your question, his other novels have more concrete endings than Head Full of Ghosts and Cabin.

St. Troy
04-29-2021, 12:12 PM
Thanks (both).

CyberGhostface
04-29-2021, 04:18 PM
Survivor Song had a pretty definitive ending with no ambiguity.

Garrell
05-05-2021, 10:08 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210505/84b134aeb01f9c076cb47acfeb6c91d1.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210505/f9275409cae031cc816400ce55c40173.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210505/1269515b1d2b60ddf4e4c933fd21c083.jpg
Forgot to post these here. Got these a couple weeks ago. Really cool stuff.

Cwalker
05-06-2021, 05:27 AM
Very nice! A copy of In The Mean Time is next on my list. Quite hard to find. Great score!

CyberGhostface
07-01-2021, 03:56 AM
SST is releasing The Little Sleep and later No Sleep Till Wonderland.

https://sstpublications.co.uk/the-little-sleep.html?fbclid=IwAR2rWvSgLfK1O92-BweRP3gNh4XoYH5sur2OPcd_JqJL2dfl90PIK8Doe4c

Booknutt
02-03-2022, 08:12 AM
Claimed.

Anybody need an ARC of Pallbearers Club? I think I’m ending up with an extra and won’t be able to sell them publicly.

Garrell
02-03-2022, 01:24 PM
That would be awesome

Booknutt
05-11-2022, 06:57 AM
Going to sell my other ARC of Pallbear’s Club. Any takers?

herbertwest
03-07-2023, 05:10 PM
I quite enjoy Shyamalan's movie inspired by "The cabin at the end of the world" :)

Scoogs
03-18-2023, 03:17 PM
Listed my ARC for A Head Full of Ghosts here (https://www.ebay.com/itm/325580251705?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=gDYJX6OITza&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY).

mikeC
04-03-2023, 12:21 PM
I thought the end of Devils Rock was super wishy washy. I'm ok with interpretive ending in short stories but for novels big nope from me.

Do people in Mass really say Yea as question/affirmation thing?
We were riding bikes to Tommy's Yea.

mikeC
06-19-2023, 02:15 PM
Has anyone seen an ARC for Beast You Are? I would love to read this a little earlier.