PDA

View Full Version : March into Madness: 2019 Dark Tower NCAA Tournament Challenge

NeedfulKings
03-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Selection Sunday is a week away and then the brackets begin. You can join the group now and fill in your bracket after the selections on Sunday.

Open to any DT member here.

http://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2019/en/group?groupID=14700

Our group is Palaver Gunslingers - password is roland

We have First and Second Place winners. If you want one of these trophies, choose your games wisely!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/996/medium/IMG_4438.jpg

Merlin1958
03-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Bill,

Surprise, surprise I managed to totally fuck this up. To make things even worse I have apparently forgotten my password. I think I am entered as......................

espn89674676

Help!!! I've fallen and I can't get up!!! Can you fix me? Believe it or not, but I think I am the reigning Champ!!! lol lol Certainly a Champion Fuck up anyway. lol

NeedfulKings
03-11-2019, 04:43 AM
Bill,

Surprise, surprise I managed to totally fuck this up. To make things even worse I have apparently forgotten my password. I think I am entered as......................

espn89674676

Help!!! I've fallen and I can't get up!!! Can you fix me? Believe it or not, but I think I am the reigning Champ!!! lol lol Certainly a Champion Fuck up anyway. lol

I do see you in there and although I have no control over editing your entry name, you are you, so it's a valid entry. No worries...

Garrell
03-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Roarrrrr

BedOfRoses
03-17-2019, 10:05 AM
Woooooot!! :dance:

NeedfulKings
03-17-2019, 07:30 PM
Brackets are live.

GET IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merlin1958
03-19-2019, 01:26 PM
Let's Rock n Roll!!!!!

Go Duke & The Diaper Dandies!!!!!!!

RUBE
03-21-2019, 10:13 AM
I meant to enter a bracket last night and forgot. That means there is a open window for someone to claim last place.

Frondz
03-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Can we just end this thing now?? I figured one of these years, going chalk would surely pay off...:wink:

RUBE
03-26-2019, 11:21 AM
I seriously considered putting in a 100% chalk bracket just so I could get something in last minute. I didn't do it but it would have been sitting pretty good right now.

Merlin1958
03-29-2019, 07:01 PM
Man, I sure suck this year!!!!! Funny though, I think I spent more time watching and evaluating the teams this year than any other before. lol lol

That's probably it. I over-thought things. Good luck to the guys still in it. There's been some great games and moments as always.

My Blue Devils's are still in it as of this moment (Half time vs Vir Tech).

divemaster
03-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Someone take a screen shot and freeze the contest. I win!

LOL--my hold on first place will evaporate any minute now. It is impossible for me to earn any more points than I have right now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Lurker
03-31-2019, 03:10 PM
At least I don't have to watch any more basketball.

NeedfulKings
03-31-2019, 03:17 PM
Well, sh!t!!!

What another epic contest. It's over, but it's not over. Since we are sitting here with a #1 and #2 trophy, I'll reach out to Frondz and Randall Flagg with a tiebreak that will be determined by the final game, when it's set.

At least that's my plan right now....

Stay tuned everyone!

Merlin1958
03-31-2019, 03:38 PM
Fuck!!!!!!!!!!

Kingfan24
03-31-2019, 03:51 PM
Thank god I don’t have to listen to my cousin talk about Zion for the rest of my life. Good riddance.

Garrell
03-31-2019, 04:20 PM
Wow. Quick end to this one this year

NeedfulKings
04-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Tiebreak rules for RF and Frondz:

I'll PM each of them after the Semifinal games for their choice of winner and final score.

If they pick different teams, the winning team breaks the tie.
If they pick the same team, closest to the total points scored breaks the tie.
In the event of an absolute tie, I will flip a coin (with BedofRoses as my witness) and declare the winner and the runner up.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

SpaceMaN
04-03-2019, 02:30 AM
Tails. Nah, just kidding, I'm last.

Jon
04-05-2019, 12:03 PM
[B][SIZE="5"]
In the event of an absolute tie, I will flip a coin (with BedofRoses as my witness) and declare the winner and the runner up.

"As BoR is my witness, your honor, I thought turkeys could fly!"

NeedfulKings
04-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Tails. Nah, just kidding, I'm last.

[B][SIZE="5"]

"As BoR is my witness, your honor, I thought turkeys could fly!"

:) :) :)

NeedfulKings
04-07-2019, 07:31 PM
The tiebreaker is set!!!! Our top two players chose:

Frondz - Texas Tech
Randall Flagg - Virginia

Best of luck to each!

Merlin1958
04-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Good luck you two fucking freaks!!!! LOL You have to be a bit off to have had any kind of success predicting this year's tournament!!! lol lol lol

Frondz
04-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Good luck you two fucking freaks!!!! LOL You have to be a bit off to have had any kind of success predicting this year's tournament!!! lol lol lol

Ha! I'm tellin ya - chalk paid off this year...well, until it didn't. But then again, everyone in the group was busted after the round of 8. Crazy.

Best of luck RF. Virginia is a good pick - seems like a team of destiny after that win over Auburn. But I couldn't bring myself to pick against the team I'd be rooting for (mostly rooting for the Big 12). Will be a good game, I hope. And I'm happy to get some sweet DT March Madness hardware either way.

Merlin1958
04-08-2019, 03:07 PM

Ha! I'm tellin ya - chalk paid off this year...well, until it didn't. But then again, everyone in the group was busted after the round of 8. Crazy.

Best of luck RF. Virginia is a good pick - seems like a team of destiny after that win over Auburn. But I couldn't bring myself to pick against the team I'd be rooting for (mostly rooting for the Big 12). Will be a good game, I hope. And I'm happy to get some sweet DT March Madness hardware either way.

Awww I was just busting balls lol I won it last year though so I got nothing to bitch about. Good luck to both of you and I'm hoping for a good game as well. I'll go with Virginia as well. Then I'm betting on Zion Williamson to the Knicks as the lottery pick!!!! Haven't rooted for the Knicks or any pro's since back when, Ewing dripped sweat courtside all over my son and he declared "Dad!!! Patrick Ewing splashed sweat on me" LOL Same night we ran into "Cyde" and Anthony Bonner on the street just outside the Garden as Nicole Kidman and Alec Baldwin were getting into their Limo!!!! lol What a night!!!

NeedfulKings
04-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Congratulations to both players! With so many of us out early, it's exciting to see our two final players tie and then come down to an overtime game. In the end...

First Place: Randall Flagg
Second Place: Frondz

We'll see ya'll when the NFL kicks off!!! :) :) :)

Frondz
04-08-2019, 08:30 PM

Awww I was just busting balls lol I won it last year though so I got nothing to bitch about. Good luck to both of you and I'm hoping for a good game as well. I'll go with Virginia as well. Then I'm betting on Zion Williamson to the Knicks as the lottery pick!!!! Haven't rooted for the Knicks or any pro's since back when, Ewing dripped sweat courtside all over my son and he declared "Dad!!! Patrick Ewing splashed sweat on me" LOL Same night we ran into "Cyde" and Anthony Bonner on the street just outside the Garden as Nicole Kidman and Alec Baldwin were getting into their Limo!!!! lol What a night!!!

Un F’ing real! How did Virginia escape with a win again!?!? Wild Bill, did you curse me somehow? If anyone, I’d have figured you’d curse RF. Hahaha!
That’s a damn cool story about Ewing. I assume “Cyde” was Clyde the glide? One of my favs to watch growing up.
Thanks to NeedulKings and anyone else responsible for the contest and trophies. Had a blast.

Randall Flagg
04-09-2019, 05:28 AM
I sure got lucky this year. Had a great time. Thanks to Bill (Needfulkings) for running the competition!

Merlin1958
04-09-2019, 05:41 AM
I sure got lucky this year. Had a great time. Thanks to Bill (Needfulkings) for running the competition!

Yes, thanks Bill for doing this every year!!! Great fun, even when, Jerome wins!!! lol

NeedfulKings
04-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Haha..no problem. We love these things!!! And that final game - Tech pretty much had it in hand in the final seconds of regulation, but let VA push it to overtime.

Thanks all for playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jon
04-10-2019, 09:09 PM

Mmmm...Ewing sweat!