PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

HanzouNorak
02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I have heavy doubts as to this already being posted, but does anyone here play Starcraft? if so, do you play online? whats your username if you play online?

this thread is not to discuss Starcraft 2.

Daghain
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
OMG I LOVE STARCRAFT!!!

I don't play online, but DBF and I play a lot. We also get gaming sessions going with up to 6 of our friends, play guys against the girls (we're about even with guy/girl players - a lot of software geeks in our group) or we put the really good players with the really crappy ones to even things up.

I'd play online, but I like to actually PLAY the game, not put it on fastest speed ever and build a bazillion starports and barracks and mow someone down in 34 seconds. :)

HanzouNorak
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
man i was so bad at the actual game, i play the Use Map Settings online.

Daghain
02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
What race do you play? I can play Terran and Zerg, but I've never gotten around to mastering the Protoss tech tree.

When do you usually play online? Maybe we can hook up for a game. :)

HanzouNorak
02-25-2008, 09:13 PM
i have no regular time i go on, but like said before im really bad at the normal games, so i play on the use map settings server.

Daghain
02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, you can only get better the more you play. :)

Part of the fun is getting your ass whooped a few times - you learn a LOT that way. :)

We have a friend who plays who is the king of sneaky. If he's Terran, he'll try to sneak a bunker full of marines at the entrance to your base when you're not looking. If he's Zerg, he'll drop a Nydus Canal in the back of your base out of your Overlord's range and dump a dozen Hydralisks into your backfield.

You learn quick that way. :lol:

HanzouNorak
02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
eh, my time on the UMS has pretty much ruined my minute skills as a normal player, but you should try out a few, RPs are good, RPGs aren't half bad, theres defense games, mass games, and countless other things. but theres a lot of noob-haters on the UMS so seek me out and i can show you how to do some stuff.

Daghain
02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
I have never had a good Battlenet experience. Too many in-a-hurry people who want to win in 10 minutes. :lol:

DBF and I can play two on four with the computer and win 80-90% of the time. Against humans, 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 can last over an hour.

THAT'S fun. :)

HanzouNorak
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Have you even tried some of the stuff on the UMS?

Daghain
02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Nope. I had my fill trying to play Battlenet. I have a bunch of friends I can play with, and it's fun to scream across the room "YOU JERK!" :lol:

cozener
02-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I've had this game on my hard drive for years. Only played online a couple of times though. I wasn't that good at it.

HanzouNorak
02-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I've had this game on my hard drive for years. Only played online a couple of times though. I wasn't that good at it.

try the Use Map Settings online, its for crapy players like myself.

devo133
02-27-2008, 06:34 PM
What race do you play? I can play Terran and Zerg, but I've never gotten around to mastering the Protoss tech tree.

When do you usually play online? Maybe we can hook up for a game. :)

Protoss is probably the easiest to play. Their guys last longer so you do less maintenance. With a bunch of battleships cloaked by arbiters u can do a massive sneak attack anywhere. Those interceptors really confuse the other guys too they end up attacking the interceptors instead of the ships.

Daghain
02-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh, I totally hate the Arbiter drop! :lol: I've had that done to me a time or two - you look up and two dozen dragoons are in your backfield blowing everything up.

BamaChambers
10-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Hello all, I've been wanting to play some old school Starcraft before the release of Starcraft 2 and can't seem to find my case. I have both disks but lack a cd key. if anyone has one i could use for a couple weeks i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Todd

Arthur Heath
10-22-2008, 12:13 PM
I seem to remember reading about a default serial working for Starcraft and Brood War:

I believe I used this about a year ago when I wanted to install the original so I could get hyped when the SC 2 trailers hit. I wound up not being able to play it because of the outdated graphics.
Doesnt hurt to try.

BamaChambers
10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
i'll give it a shot. any idea if it should work on b.net? i'm on like my 5th reinstall w/ generated keys. thanks for the help!

Arthur Heath
10-22-2008, 01:08 PM
doubtful. I have an original CD somewhere...was the serial on the disk?
Edit: You can buy both the original and the expansion for like 20 bucks. A half a tank of gas...
Edit 2: When SC 2 scheduled for release?

valtr0n
10-24-2008, 02:20 PM
SC2 is going to be such a fucking ripoff. You can really tell that all of Blizzard's success has gone to their head. Especially now that they merged with Activision...

SC2 will be a Trilogy. There'll be a disc for the Terran campaign, a disc for the Protoss campaign, and a disc for the Zerg campaign.

That's right. Three seperate standalone games for three seperate races.

Arthur Heath
10-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Are you saying that you have to pay for the three different races? I hadnt heard this.

valtr0n
10-30-2008, 01:23 PM
That is exactly what I'm saying. They've confirmed that each race will have it's own, sold-seperately disc. Terran, Zerg, and Protoss will each be a standalone game disc with their own campaigns.

So, pretty much just like the first Starcraft, except you'll have to buy it three times to play as three races.

Frunobulax
10-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Terran at full retail, then Zerg and Protoss as expansions that will probably be $5 to $10 cheaper than the main SC2 disc. But that still sucks in its own way.

Darkthoughts
11-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Merging as there was an existing Starcraft thread.

Lady_Macbeth
11-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Ah man, this game used to be the bane of my existence. I had the game and the expansion pack, still do in fact, but no matter how many people would try explaining how to play to me (and many have tried), I could never get how this game works. I would enter an online match and within minutes people would start yelling at me O_O.

Merlin1958
03-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Oh Yeah!!!! I play original SC online. Username Merlin[ik] I got almost 5000 wins vs 1000 losses. I play Protoss almost exclusively with a bunch of old farts like me. We play in the East Coast server channel "phred". Drop by sometime. we go easy on ya!!!!

LOL LOL