PDA

View Full Version : Do you change the order you read the series?

steph
02-24-2008, 01:15 PM
And the related books?

I just finished 'Salem's Lot the other day. Which had me thinking about Father Callahan, so I started Wolves of the Calla yesterday. Right now I am thinking maybe Black House next. But, I will finish Wolves first and then see.

This is not the order I normally do things in. Normally it is 1-7 with the Stand and Insomnia either right before or after. And then I will pick up the other related works in no particular order.

But, I think changing things up like this is going to give me some fresh perspective on the series and related works.

So, how do you like to do rereads?

alinda
02-24-2008, 01:23 PM
On a reread, I've read them all mixed up and, in order.
What ever strikes me at the time. (they have so very
many connections ) that with each read perception is varied.

And the related books?

I just finished 'Salem's Lot the other day. Which had me thinking about Father Callahan, so I started Wolves of the Calla yesterday. Right now I am thinking maybe Black House next. But, I will finish Wolves first and then see.

This is not the order I normally do things in. Normally it is 1-7 with the Stand and Insomnia either right before or after. And then I will pick up the other related works in no particular order.

But, I think changing things up like this is going to give me some fresh perspective on the series and related works.

Wuducynn
02-24-2008, 03:23 PM
And the related books?

I haven't normally, but now that you posted this, I'm thinking thats an interesting idea for my next re-read.

jayson
02-24-2008, 03:53 PM
i've done re-reads of individual books as the whim has struck and will then read the series in order from there on out and back up to where i started. so, if i started with Wizard & Glass, i'd finish out thru DT_7 than read the first three after. more often i start at the beginning and go in order.

Letti
02-25-2008, 05:25 AM
In order.

ManOfWesternesse
02-25-2008, 06:04 AM
I read 1 to 7 of the series in order every time.
The other 'associated' books I read as & when they notion takes me - no order.

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 06:24 AM

Listen Mister! You'll read the associated books when I tell you to, do you got that? Or there will be no pudding for you!

ManOfWesternesse
02-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Listen Mister! You'll read the associated books when I tell you to, do you got that? Or there will be no pudding for you!

"Pudding":excited: .......... "Stephen King Book":excited: .......... Hmmmmmmmmm????????:onfire:

Storyslinger
02-25-2008, 09:08 AM
The first time I reread, I started with W & G, then read them from 1-7. The last time I read them, i went 7-1. Thats weird, lets just say.

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Interesting..reading them 7 through 1...ummm do you mean reading them 7 through 1 to 7?

Storyslinger
02-25-2008, 09:42 AM
I don't think so. (confused)

I started with Book 7, then read them to Book 1. That was all.

Now that I think about it, it would make more sense to read back up form 1 again.

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Well 7 is the last book (last time I checked, on this level of the Tower anyway) and 1 is the first (last time I checked) so reading them 7 through 1 would mean you only read 7 and 1...

Storyslinger
02-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Gottcha! Stop being difficult :lol:

This order.
7,6,5,4,3,2,1 :D

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Ohhh backwards!! Gotcha!

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 09:47 AM
That IS weird..I don't think I'd like reading them backwards.

Storyslinger
02-25-2008, 09:47 AM
That IS weird..I don't think I'd like reading them backwards.

It's mightily f'ed up. I don't know what possesd me to do it.

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I think if I do read them in a different order it would be something like 4 first and then Little Sisters of Eluria and then The Gunslinger and on to 7. That might be the way to do it.

Storyslinger
02-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Makes the most, time span wise.

Letti
02-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I think if I do read them in a different order it would be something like 4 first and then Little Sisters of Eluria and then The Gunslinger and on to 7. That might be the way to do it.

It does sound good.

MonteGss
02-26-2008, 06:06 PM
It has never crossed my mind to read the series in any order besides:
Original 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Revised 1

The only other option I can ever see happening with me is to just randomly pick one up and start from that one...

Jean
02-27-2008, 12:41 AM
I am going to reread volumes 5, 6 and 7 now that, thanks to my dear friends http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif, I have them in normal physical paper book format. Then, in a few months, I'll be re-reading 1through 7, but even now I am inclined to think that I'll omit most of volume 4...

mia/susannah
02-27-2008, 05:29 AM
I never thought to read the series out of order. I personally would get to mixed up if I did.:doh:

MonteGss
02-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Jean....
I try and read a lot faster when I am stuck reading book 4. I am right with you. :)