PDA

View Full Version : Funny SPOILER Moments

Woofer
02-22-2008, 03:56 AM
This thread is for relating funny - yet unintentional - spoiler moments. Please be sure to flag all spoilers so that we won't ruin anything for anyone else. Just because something has been out for a while, please don't assume everyone has seen or read it.

Yesterday I was talking about LOST to a coworker (Red-Headed Devil or RHD {she's the one reading TDT}) and my officemate (Lovecraft Lady or LL) was eating her lunch and listening to us. Well, I totally forgot that LL came to LOST late and said "Yeah, Kevin what's his name was in Rose Red, too. You know. He plays Locke's father, Sawyer killed him, etc." Yeah, I said etc.

So LL looks at me and says "What did you say?" Long story short, I realized what I had done and apologized profusely. RHD laughing at us. So LL replies "Don't worry it's not like you said (Serenity spoiler ahead) Wash died or something." I replied "You know I haven't seen that yet, right?"

Man, the look on her face was priceless! Within 2-3 minutes we'd SPOILERED each other!

That's almost as good as the time Half-Blood Prince had JUST been released and a coworker came up to me, thinking I had read it immediately because I love the Potter books, and says "Hey, did you hear about that guy who's driving past bookstores yelling 'Snape kills Dumbledore!'?" I just looked at her and said "Did you just tell me the end?"

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 07:13 AM
When Storm of the Century first came out on the television release, my friend was all excited about watching it. I figured they had already read the screen play, so about one night into the event they say "Man, That whole, Give me what I want shit is great!"

I said "Yeah, he should just say
Give me the kid so I can be on my way.

Needless to say, they hadn't read the screen play.

Letti
02-22-2008, 11:57 AM
As I saw the title of the thread I thought it's about moments when you met a spoiler and you found it funny... no way. Spoilers can't be funny.
But okay, I see the point now.

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 11:59 AM
NOt really funny, but an "oh shit!" kind of funny

Woofer
02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
"Oh, shit!" funny is exactly right! Please feel free to change title to be more indicative.

We were still laughing with (and apologizing to) each other today. :D