PDA

View Full Version : The Silent Hill/Forbidden Siren Thread!!!

GVirus15
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I believe that the two coolest video games (among a great many others) are the Silent Hill and Forbidden Siren series.

For those who don't know:

Silent Hill (in summary):
A town plagued with swarms of monsters because of one girl's nightmares come to life.

Forbidden Siren (in summary):
A town plagued with swarms of undead people and a malevolent alien entity.

Now, although they sound very similar, they are very different in gameplay and style. And to be sure, Silent Hill will forever be my favorite video game series to date. :dance:

fernandito
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
The only Silent Hill game I've ever played and passed is part 4, and I thought there was this eerieness (sp?) about it that no other game could ever touch. Apparently part 4 is considered mediocre by many die hard SH fans, but having nothing else to compare it, I thought it was pretty good.

Mattrick
02-20-2008, 07:07 PM
I played the original when it came out but could never get past that damn part with the piano in the school. I beat four, it was great. Never had a chance to beat 2 or 3 which I've heard are great.

Can't wait for Silent Hill 5, due out any time now.

John Blaze
02-21-2008, 12:46 AM
SH3 is definitely the fucken scariest game I've ever played. What FP called eerieness is present in all 4 games, but the first time I saw the ghost baby shadows or w/e you want to call them I damn near shit myself. I couldn't sleep for days.

Never played Forbidden Siren but it reminded me of my old nes Contra games. Those were fun.

HanzouNorak
02-21-2008, 04:37 PM
god i loved the silent hill games!

.......too bad the moive was bad,
no effects wise, but really, it was a bad storyline.

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I played the original and never got passed the first 20 minutes, I suck at those type of games :(

Fall of Gilead
02-22-2008, 05:14 PM
The best part about the original game is the super dirty way to beat it without fighting the boss.