PDA

View Full Version : Friends of SF Library Literary Event (1990)

OneFathom
12-30-2018, 11:31 PM
Came across this today in the Bay Area and thought it was worth sharing. Apparently the SF Examiner (newspaper) produced this piece and incorporated some content from Danse Macabre. Has anyone seen this before? Legit sig, too.

LINK! (https://imgur.com/a/jJKSMFG)

herbertwest
12-31-2018, 04:12 AM
Justin Brook's lists the following item in his bibliography and i think that it matches the picture?

This is an excerpt from King’s book Danse Macabre in broadsheet format, reprinted by the San Francisco Examiner in honor of The Tenth Annual Friends of the San Francisco Public Library Literary
events, produced by City Arts & Lectures, Inc.
Appearances:
1. Berkeley, California: Okeanos Press, September 11, 1990. Note: The print run is estimated to be approximately 300

Therefore I'd say legit and quite rare?

sentinel
12-31-2018, 06:30 AM
I've got one signed and unsigned. From what I was told they handed out the unsigned copies and people personally had them signed individually.
There was no formal signing so a lot less of them are signed.

webstar1000
12-31-2018, 07:43 AM
I've got one signed and unsigned. From what I was told they handed out the unsigned copies and people personally had them signed individually.

Yes this is not a signed limited but rather like having a Finders Keepers Broasdside signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseannebarr
12-31-2018, 10:04 AM

Anyone have an extra? I would like to buy one!

webstar1000
12-31-2018, 10:09 AM

Anyone have an extra? I would like to buy one!

I’ve got one or two but not signed. I’m almost sure I do somewhere. I’ll check when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phalucha
12-31-2018, 04:02 PM
I would welcome a signed copy as well if anyone wants to part with an extra. Thxs.

Fsmdr
12-31-2018, 08:00 PM
I have an unsigned framed copy. Got it eons ago from Betts.