PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Horror-thon 2018

Ricky
10-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Hard to believe it, but it's that time of year again. Pumpkin spice is back, the air's turning colder, and blood-curdling screams are emanating from TVs all across America (well, mine at least).

Anyone planning on watching anything good this month?

I finally saw Hereditary last night and it was...umm...I...uh... :scared:

Some new ones I'm hoping to get to: Prom Night, Coraline, Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Vacancy, The Changeling, The Sentinel, Halloween (new), Hellfest, Goosebumps 2, The House with a Clock in its Walls

Re-watches: Scream, Jigsaw, Frankenweenie, Beetlejuice, Halloween, It, The Mist, Misery, Carrie

Here's our thread from last year: Halloween Horror-thon 2017 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21249-Halloween-Horror-thon-2017). Hope to get a few more people sharing their watches and recommendations this month!

mae
10-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Pumpkin spice is back

Love me some PSL :rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZW_6lQqsnQ

Maybe I'll go see the new Halloween, sounds like it might be worth it.

Earl of Popkin
10-03-2018, 07:05 PM
My October list:
Read Needful Things, then watch Needful Things (a virgin to both)
Read Haunting of Hill House, then watch HHH on Netflix

Going to try to go down a Hammer Horror film rabbit hole as I have man love for Christopher Lee. I love all Mummy films but this year I’m gonna try to watch most of his Frankenstein & Dracula efforts.

Mattrick
10-04-2018, 02:33 AM
The Sentinel is pretty good. You should also look into Eyes Without A Face.

I don't have a lot necessarily on my list...but I'll try and watch from this list:

Halloween (to prep for the new one)
The Orphanage
The Witch
Train to Busan
[REC]3: Genesis

Heather19
10-04-2018, 05:55 AM
My October list:

These are the 2 books I'm currently reading :)

mae
10-04-2018, 06:17 AM
I'm also definitely binging Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix the weekend of the 26th!

Earl of Popkin
10-04-2018, 07:17 AM
My October list:

These are the 2 books I'm currently reading :)

That’s wild; and here I thought I was unique & special...we’ll hafta reconvene to share our thoughts on them. I have high hopes for both of them

(FYI last year my October King romp was reading Pet Sematary and then watching it in case we’ve been secretly bonded twins our whole lives and never knew it)

Heather19
10-04-2018, 07:30 AM
That's too funny because I actually read and watched Pet Semetary last Oct too. Maybe we are secretly bonded twins or something :lol:

And this is my first time reading Needful Things, so far I'm really enjoying it. I've read Haunting of Hill House a few times, but it's the pick for our bookclub for the month so I wanted to refresh my memory since it's been awhile.

Earl of Popkin
10-04-2018, 07:46 AM
That's too funny because I actually read and watched Pet Semetary last Oct too. Maybe we are secretly bonded twins or something :lol:

And this is my first time reading Needful Things, so far I'm really enjoying it. I've read Haunting of Hill House a few times, but it's the pick for our bookclub for the month so I wanted to refresh my memory since it's been awhile.

Ok shouldn’t this be the kind of thing that Netflix should be telling us???

Stop trying to recommend me to to watch Scream 4 Netflix! Clearly if it hasn’t happened yet it ain’t going to.
Instead tell me that Heather19 watches the same shit as me, so maybe show me things she’s recently watched instead, etc

I’ve been sitting on Needful Things for a long time, but Castle Rock this summer made me promote it to my October book #1. So far so good

St. Troy
10-04-2018, 07:51 AM
I'm not exactly surrounded by horror fans at home, but I try to do what I can.

We always find time for "family" type Halloween things, such as:
- All 4 Halloweentown movies (which I enjoy, but dropping Mark Mothersbaugh after #2 was bad, minimizing Debbie Reynolds in #4 was ridiculous, using Lucas Grabeel in any capacity was stupid, ignoring the Kalabar mythos after #2 was a waste, and dropping Kimberly Brown for #4 was unconscionable).
- Both Twitches movies (not really favorites of mine, but I have daughters; I can tolerate them well enough, bits are amusing)
- Hocus Pocus, which is fantastic. Yes, it's a cult-fan comedy, and she's quite capable of hitting home runs with serious material, but isn't this movie Bette Midler's tour de force? She can do it all, and in HP, she does it all; the character of Winifred could only have reached its potential in Bette's hands. I would cut off a body part if it would convince them to make a sequel (and how hard could it be to do?)
- 3 key episodes of Hey Arnold: Four-Eyed Jack, Haunted Train and...The Headless Cabbie (imagine this in a loud, echoey voice)
- Disney's old animated adaptation of The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow

As for real horror, that's tougher to come by. Me/wife/1 daughter plan to see the new Halloween when we're out of state in a few weeks, and I hope to fit in two things already sitting in the DVR for which time has not yet been found: Amityville: The Awakening and The Autopsy Of Jane Doe.

If I can find time for some more real horror, I would love to.

Ricky
10-04-2018, 04:49 PM
My October list:

Needful Things is one of my favorites (as for the movie...not so much)! I hope you end up enjoying it.

I'm also definitely binging Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix the weekend of the 26th!

This one does look good, so I'm intrigued.

I'm not exactly surrounded by horror fans at home, but I try to do what I can.

We always find time for "family" type Halloween things, such as:
- All 4 Halloweentown movies (which I enjoy, but dropping Mark Mothersbaugh after #2 was bad, minimizing Debbie Reynolds in #4 was ridiculous, using Lucas Grabeel in any capacity was stupid, ignoring the Kalabar mythos after #2 was a waste, and dropping Kimberly Brown for #4 was unconscionable).
- Both Twitches movies (not really favorites of mine, but I have daughters; I can tolerate them well enough, bits are amusing)
- Hocus Pocus, which is fantastic. Yes, it's a cult-fan comedy, and she's quite capable of hitting home runs with serious material, but isn't this movie Bette Midler's tour de force? She can do it all, and in HP, she does it all; the character of Winifred could only have reached its potential in Bette's hands. I would cut off a body part if it would convince them to make a sequel (and how hard could it be to do?)
- 3 key episodes of Hey Arnold: Four-Eyed Jack, Haunted Train and...The Headless Cabbie (imagine this in a loud, echoey voice)
- Disney's old animated adaptation of The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow

As for real horror, that's tougher to come by. Me/wife/1 daughter plan to see the new Halloween when we're out of state in a few weeks, and I hope to fit in two things already sitting in the DVR for which time has not yet been found: Amityville: The Awakening and The Autopsy Of Jane Doe.

The Halloweentown movies came out when I was a kid, so I have a special fondness for them. They're still pretty fun. And the Headless Cabbie? I haven't thought of that in years!

Heather19
10-04-2018, 04:50 PM

Ok shouldn’t this be the kind of thing that Netflix should be telling us???

Stop trying to recommend me to to watch Scream 4 Netflix! Clearly if it hasn’t happened yet it ain’t going to.
Instead tell me that Heather19 watches the same shit as me, so maybe show me things she’s recently watched instead, etc

I’ve been sitting on Needful Things for a long time, but Castle Rock this summer made me promote it to my October book #1. So far so good

:lol: Unfortunately I haven't really been watching much recently. But here's my list of some stuff I'd like to watch for the season.

Halloween
new Halloween movie
Nightmare on Elm St.
Firestarter (just finished the book and have never seen the movie)
Night of the Living Dead (being released in theaters this year so hopefully I can catch it)
The Shining
Trick r' Treat (this seems to be becoming an annual Halloween movie for me)
Kenny and Company (another annual Halloween movie)

And I'll post my list of what I actually watch as the month progresses :D

Heather19
10-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Ricky you need to watch The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, it's one of my personal favorites. And Nosferatu is a classic as well. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on both of those.

Earl of Popkin
10-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Needful Things is one of my favorites (as for the movie...not so much)! I hope you end up enjoying it.

This seems to be the consensus. Definitely gonna rent not buy but I’m still fired up to see it.

:lol: Unfortunately I haven't really been watching much recently. But here's my list of some stuff I'd like to watch for the season.

Halloween
new Halloween movie
Nightmare on Elm St.
Firestarter (just finished the book and have never seen the movie)
Night of the Living Dead (being released in theaters this year so hopefully I can catch it)
The Shining
Trick r' Treat (this seems to be becoming an annual Halloween movie for me)
Kenny and Company (another annual Halloween movie)

And I'll post my list of what I actually watch as the month progresses :D

Solid list. Am realizing I don’t have an annual Halloween movie like you do. Maybe this October will be when I discover mine.

Ricky
10-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Ricky you need to watch The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, it's one of my personal favorites. And Nosferatu is a classic as well. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on both of those.

They've been on my Halloween to-watch list for years but I never get to them. I've got Caligari on the DVR, so maybe this will be the year. :lol:

Heather19
10-05-2018, 06:07 AM

They've been on my Halloween to-watch list for years but I never get to them. I've got Caligari on the DVR, so maybe this will be the year. :lol:

Yes! No excuses now :lol:

Mushabon
10-05-2018, 06:39 PM
I actually do a 31 days of Horrorfest on my instagram page where I post a still each day of what the night's movie is. Some people try guessing what I'm watching or use it as inspiration for movies I suppose. This is my 4th year of doing it and I have a blast each time :D

https://www.instagram.com/mushabon/

Ricky
10-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Saw Hell Fest today and really enjoyed it. Nothing groundbreaking, but it was nice to see a new slasher in theaters, especially one so Halloween-themed. Likable characters, compelling score, and it did a really nice job of making you question what's real and what isn't, adding a nice flavor to things. (Also, bonus points for a great Halloween atmosphere.) A little meandering at times in terms of plot focus, but I had a lot of fun. I don't think I'll end up re-watching it in the future, but can definitely see having it on in the background.

dnemec
10-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Saw Hell Fest today and really enjoyed it. Nothing groundbreaking, but it was nice to see a new slasher in theaters, especially one so Halloween-themed. Likable characters, compelling score, and it did a really nice job of making you question what's real and what isn't, adding a nice flavor to things. (Also, bonus points for a great Halloween atmosphere.) A little meandering at times in terms of plot focus, but I had a lot of fun. I don't think I'll end up re-watching it in the future, but can definitely see having it on in the background.

I was wondering how this is. The reviews sucked, but don't they always for these type of movies? Might have to wander down to the theater for it!

So far I've watched The Shining, Tales from the Darkside: The Movie, The Conjuring, Chernobyl Diaries, and House on Haunted Hill (with Vincent Price). As I stand back, that is a totally random list. From great to meh. But as long as it's horror, it's on!

Ricky
10-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Finally watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari last night. It was a lot different than I thought it would be. Going in, I didn't know it was a silent film, but it didn't bother me. I think for almost 100 years old, the story still holds up, but I think I was expecting something more in terms of horror or suspense. I can totally see how Tim Burton might've been influenced by it when making Edward Scissorhands.

Heather19
10-15-2018, 10:34 AM
So glad you finally watched it! I'm sure back in the day it was pretty terrifying, but I guess if I were to compare it to Nosferatu, I would say the later was far scarier and creepier. I love all the sets they used for the film.

I haven't had time to watch too much yet, but so far I've seen The Final Girls, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973), and a Don Coscarelli double feature with Kenny & Company and Phantasm. I also have Bubba Ho-Tep by him and was going to watch that the other night but my blu-ray player was on the fritz.

Ricky
10-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Nosferatu DOES look creepy. I might have to get to that one soon, too. I need more time! I'm seriously considering taking Halloween off so I can just stay home and watch movies. :lol:

Heather19
10-15-2018, 04:34 PM
You need to watch Nosferatu! I wish I could take the month off and just watch horror films and shows non-stop :lol:

Girlystevedave
10-17-2018, 10:19 AM
I feel like my Halloween movie watching has gotten off to a good start this year. :lol:
So far, I've watched The Nun, The Final Girls, Lights Out, Sinister, Frankenstein, and Winchester.

As far as "new" movies, I still plan on watching The Conjuring: The Last Key, Halloween (2018 ), and The Visit.

Girlystevedave
10-17-2018, 11:07 AM
And this is my first time reading Needful Things, so far I'm really enjoying it.

I'm so jealous that you're reading it for the first time. :lol: I ended up loving that book way more than I even anticipated going in.

Girlystevedave
10-17-2018, 11:08 AM
You need to watch Nosferatu! I wish I could take the month off and just watch horror films and shows non-stop :lol:

I was thinking the other day that I need to get around to seeing Nosferatu at some point. There are so many classics I've yet to watch.

mae
10-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIDp0nh_Jkk

Ricky
10-17-2018, 02:22 PM
Do I smell a group Nosferatu watch/discussion? :orely:

Ricky
10-17-2018, 02:25 PM
I feel like my Halloween movie watching has gotten off to a good start this year. :lol:
So far, I've watched The Nun, The Final Girls, Lights Out, Sinister, Frankenstein, and Winchester.

As far as "new" movies, I still plan on watching The Conjuring: The Last Key, Halloween (2018 ), and The Visit.

You're killing it, Amanda. :thumbsup:

But I'm kind of jealous that you get to watch all these horror movies for the first time.

Girlystevedave
10-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Do I smell a group Nosferatu watch/discussion? :orely:

That might just be a great idea, Ricky. :o

You're killing it, Amanda. :thumbsup:

But I'm kind of jealous that you get to watch all these horror movies for the first time.

Yeah, I can understand that. I am pretty lucky that I'm so far behind on "new" horror flicks. :lol:

Heather19
10-19-2018, 04:46 AM
So to update my list I've also watched Hereditary (So good! I posted my thoughts in the other thread)
The Lodgers which I came across on Netflix. Has anyone seen this one yet? I enjoyed it. Nothing special, but it was a good atmospheric ghost story.
The Haunting (1963) Just finished reading the book so wanted to go back and re-watch this one since it's been years.

Amanda what did you think of Winchester? I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.

mae
10-19-2018, 06:04 AM
Going to see it this Saturday night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qF4lnbkAos

Ricky
10-19-2018, 06:06 AM
I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.

Me too. I thought that's what it was going to be (but with a horror spin) and was disappointed that it was so forgettable. I mean, all the cool directions they could've taken it (and didn't) made me sad. I wish they would've done more with the house too. I'd like to go see it in person.

Heather19
10-19-2018, 08:29 AM
I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.

Me too. I thought that's what it was going to be (but with a horror spin) and was disappointed that it was so forgettable. I mean, all the cool directions they could've taken it (and didn't) made me sad. I wish they would've done more with the house too. I'd like to go see it in person.

It's definitely worth a visit. I was expecting this large house set on this amazing estate, but the grounds are actually very tiny, and I remember a shopping plaza being right on the other side of the fence :lol: The house itself was pretty interesting though, and I can't even begin to imagine what it was like to live there.

Girlystevedave
10-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Amanda what did you think of Winchester? I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.

You know, I didn't expect a lot going in because I really didn't know too much of Sarah Winchester's story. So I enjoyed it just a a spooky, fun movie to watch during Halloween. I will say that, even though I thought it was okay, there were some cheesy aspects to it, such as the spirits guiding him near the end of the movie. I thought that was kind of corny.
I can see how it could have been a lot better had they focused more on her story. There's a lot left to tell and I think I'd be pretty interested to read up more about her and the house.

Girlystevedave
10-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Going to see it this Saturday night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qF4lnbkAos

Oooh! I'm jealous!

I didn't click the video though because I don't think I want to hear any opinions of it until I see it. :lol:

Heather19
10-19-2018, 10:26 AM
Same here. I'm dying to see it, hopefully sometime this weekend but not sure I'll have time.

Ricky
10-19-2018, 01:14 PM
It's definitely worth a visit. I was expecting this large house set on this amazing estate, but the grounds are actually very tiny, and I remember a shopping plaza being right on the other side of the fence :lol: The house itself was pretty interesting though, and I can't even begin to imagine what it was like to live there.

You went to the house? I'm jealous! Did you do a guided tour kind of thing?

And that's pretty interesting that the grounds are actually small. I guess it wasn't like that when it was being built and people started buying up and developing the land around it.

There's a lot left to tell and I think I'd be pretty interested to read up more about her and the house.

I wanted to read up on her and the house after I saw the movie and was surprised to find there's barely any books out there. I think I found three (one was out of print, one was REALLY short, and one was a scholarly/research-y kind of thing), so I was disappointed. I find it fascinating that there's only one (I think?) known picture of her.

I don't think I want to hear any opinions of it until I see it. :lol:

Me either! I'm going to try not to read any reviews, spoilers or non-spoilers.

Also, I watched Lake Mungo today. It was a pretty interesting take on the documentary/paranormal route, though kind of slow (but not boring). Much more a story of suffering and grief than the scarefest I thought it would be.

Girlystevedave
10-22-2018, 08:35 AM

That's so neat that you visited it, Heather! Did you get to actually "explore" the house itself and everything?

There's a lot left to tell and I think I'd be pretty interested to read up more about her and the house.

I wanted to read up on her and the house after I saw the movie and was surprised to find there's barely any books out there. I think I found three (one was out of print, one was REALLY short, and one was a scholarly/research-y kind of thing), so I was disappointed. I find it fascinating that there's only one (I think?) known picture of her.

Aw, what? Boo. It would be very fun to learn more about her.

Girlystevedave
10-22-2018, 08:38 AM
So I added The Visit and Annabelle to my 2018 watch-list this past weekend. I enjoyed both of them but have to say that Annabelle creeped me out way more than I expected going in. I was a bit skeptical about watching a movie that centered around a doll (I expected a lot of cheesy scenes), but I liked how it was focused more on the evil energy within the doll. That made it way scarier, in my opinion.

Heather19
10-22-2018, 02:48 PM
So I had a Halloween filled weekend. Friday night this historic village nearby was hosting a talk by a local paranormal group. They did several investigations of the buildings recently so they showed their findings. Then Saturday we headed out to Salem for the day. We went to this horror monster museum, it was similar to a wax museum, but only contained horror movie monsters or villains. But they were phenomenal and so realistic looking. They even had a wall of faces, and Stephen King was one of them :lol: We got to meet Tony Moran who played the "face" of Michael Myers in the original Halloween. And then lastly, yesterday we had our family pumpkin carve off and finished the night with a trip to see the new Halloween movie :D

Girlystevedave
10-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Heather, that sounds like an epic weekend!
Were you able to take any pictures at the museum?

Heather19
10-22-2018, 05:14 PM
No, unfortunately they wouldn't allow photos and seemed pretty strict about it. I was dying to though.

Ricky
10-23-2018, 09:23 AM
So I had a Halloween filled weekend. Friday night this historic village nearby was hosting a talk by a local paranormal group. They did several investigations of the buildings recently so they showed their findings. Then Saturday we headed out to Salem for the day. We went to this horror monster museum, it was similar to a wax museum, but only contained horror movie monsters or villains. But they were phenomenal and so realistic looking. They even had a wall of faces, and Stephen King was one of them :lol: We got to meet Tony Moran who played the "face" of Michael Myers in the original Halloween. And then lastly, yesterday we had our family pumpkin carve off and finished the night with a trip to see the new Halloween movie :D

That sounds like the perfect weekend! It's too much awesome to even comment on. :lol:

And no pictures were allowed at all in the Winchester house? That's disappointing.

Heather19
10-23-2018, 09:33 AM
I know, it was Halloween overload :lol: And I do have pictures of the Winchester House, but this was back pre digital camera days. The monster museum we weren't allowed to take photos in though. Which is a shame because it was pretty awesome. Also made a stop by the House of Seven Gables while we were out there.

Ricky
10-23-2018, 09:36 AM
Ah, okay. I misread and thought you guys were referencing Winchester house pics., not the monster museum.

Girlystevedave
10-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Has anyone watched Eli Roth's History of Horror on AMC? I watched one of the episodes last night and enjoyed it.

Ricky
10-25-2018, 03:09 PM
I watched the Zombie episode so far. Next one I have on the DVR is the Slashers one. I'm pretty pumped for it.

Earl of Popkin
10-25-2018, 05:04 PM
I watched the Zombie episode so far. Next one I have on the DVR is the Slashers one. I'm pretty pumped for it.

The slasher eps were good. Ironically they show a bunch of the kills that AMC edits when they air the flicks themselves

Heather19
10-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Has anyone watched Eli Roth's History of Horror on AMC? I watched one of the episodes last night and enjoyed it.

Yes, I'm really enjoying it. The slasher ones are really good.

Girlystevedave
10-26-2018, 08:33 AM

The slasher eps were good. Ironically they show a bunch of the kills that AMC edits when they air the flicks themselves

Yes, I'm really enjoying it. The slasher ones are really good.

They're so fun to watch. I've seen the Zombie one and Slashers pt 1 so far and am looking forward to the rest.

Ricky
10-26-2018, 09:13 AM
I've been wanting to do some horror movie/TV show catch-up this week but I've been too tired. Fingers crossed for tonight. :lol:

I still haven't started Haunting of Hill House...or seen the new Halloween...and Sabrina starts today.

Girlystevedave
10-26-2018, 09:20 AM
I've been wanting to do some horror movie/TV show catch-up this week but I've been too tired. Fingers crossed for tonight. :lol:

I still haven't started Haunting of Hill House...or seen the new Halloween...and Sabrina starts today.

Better drink some coffee when you get home! :lol:

And I was really hoping to watch Haunting of Hill House before Halloween, but am feeling the pressure of running out of time. haha

Ricky
10-26-2018, 01:14 PM
but am feeling the pressure of running out of time. haha

For real! Haha. We're such losers. :lol:

Girlystevedave
10-26-2018, 01:51 PM
but am feeling the pressure of running out of time. haha

For real! Haha. We're such losers. :lol:

Haha. Can't argue that. :lol:

But we're still alright. I think. Maybe.

Ricky
10-26-2018, 02:55 PM
I mean, if I was a stranger I'd still hang out with us. I think. Maybe. :lol:

Girlystevedave
10-26-2018, 06:19 PM
:rofl:

mae
10-26-2018, 06:49 PM

Sabrina is pretty awesome, early on but I'm loving it. Great opening credits, eerie and fun atmosphere, and Kiernan Shipka is perfectly cast.

#CAOS is coming!

Tommy
10-26-2018, 07:44 PM
So far his month I've re-watched ....

Halloween '78
IT (both versions)
The Conjuring
The Shining
Insidious Chapters 1 - 3
Suspiria
American Psycho
Trick 'r Treat
Demons
Creepshow (of course!)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and 2
American Psycho Part 2 (hysterically funny)
Hocus Pocus
Deep Red

and some new watches ....

Halloween 18
Mandy
Episode 1 of The HHH on Netflix
Season 8 of AHS (really good)
Eli Roth's History of Horror
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Special
Halloween Wars
Gingerbread Showdown Something on Food CHannel

mae
10-26-2018, 08:06 PM
I think on Halloween proper I’ll rewatch my favorite and scariest film of all time: Session 9.

Tommy
10-26-2018, 08:12 PM
Adding more to my list I forgot about....

I do love Session 9

Girlystevedave
10-27-2018, 05:14 AM
Halloween Wars

Halloween Wars is so fun to watch. I haven't seen all the episodes so far this year, but can say that I really enjoyed the Boogeyman's Nightmare one.

Heather19
10-27-2018, 07:05 AM
I love Halloween Wars! I watch it every year. It amazes me what they can do with food.

Ricky
10-27-2018, 07:39 AM
So far I've watched Hereditary, Hell Fest, Vacancy, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Lake Mungo, Prince of Darkness, and Jigsaw. For TV, I'm also watching Halloween Wars (and the Gingerbread show, which isn't as good), American Horror Story (which is really good this year), Eli Roth's History of Horror, and The Purge.

Sabrina is pretty awesome, early on but I'm loving it. Great opening credits, eerie and fun atmosphere

That's good to hear, especially that it's eerie. Hoping to get to it soon.

So far his month I've re-watched ....

Halloween '78
IT (both versions)
The Conjuring
The Shining
Insidious Chapters 1 - 3
Suspiria
American Psycho
Trick 'r Treat
Demons
Creepshow (of course!)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and 2
American Psycho Part 2 (hysterically funny)
Hocus Pocus
Deep Red

and some new watches ....

Halloween 18
Mandy
Episode 1 of The HHH on Netflix
Season 8 of AHS (really good)
Eli Roth's History of Horror
Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Special
Halloween Wars
Gingerbread Showdown Something on Food CHannel

Wow, you're killing it on the movie AND TV fronts. :lol:

There's actually a lot of new horror stuff on TV this Halloween season, so I think that's what's keeping me from watching everything. There's not enough time! :panic:

I think on Halloween proper I’ll rewatch my favorite and scariest film of all time: Session 9.

I watched it a few years ago after a few people on here saying how good it was, but I was pretty underwhelmed and didn't find it scary at all. :unsure:

mae
10-27-2018, 07:50 AM
I guess it's a matter of taste but I was so freaked out watching Session 9. The location itself is super creepy and the way it's filmed. Not to mention the amazing sound design and score. To me this has the scariest atmosphere, hands down.