PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tower Compendium

HanzouNorak
02-17-2008, 04:36 PM
well, it said internet entertainment so i thought this would be a good place to put this. also,im not sure if this is already a thread.

has anyone ever been to Darktowercompendium.com? (http://http://www.darktowercompendium.com/) whats you opinion on the site?

fernandito
02-17-2008, 05:24 PM
I can't wait to see Matt's response to this :rofl:

Well, the site navigation handles a bit clumsily, and it is in serious need of an update. The only thing I like about the site is that it has the original artwork from the books.

RUBE
02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
It used to be a decent site when the guy running it kept up-to-date. Then he got married and forgot about the site or something. I still like the music he used and even downloaded part of the video game he got it from because of that. The look is ok too but most of the easter eggs still did not lead to anything the last time I was on there.

Spencer
02-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I'd agree with that. It's a good site for what it is, but it hasn't been updated in forever, and I could have done without his condecending "I have a life" post as his excuse for not updating. :lol: It does have some good stuff on there though.

Daghain
02-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Ummm...crap, crap, and more crap. :lol:

I personally HATE embedded music in sites - makes for a hard time navigating when you're trying to "stealth-surf" from work. :lol:

And the content is minimal, at best, IMHO. You can spend 10 minutes on this site and learn a hell of a lot more. :)

jayson
02-18-2008, 04:45 AM
I personally HATE embedded music in sites - makes for a hard time navigating when you're trying to "stealth-surf" from work. :lol:

:lol: i know the feeling

Storyslinger
02-18-2008, 07:16 AM
I only liked having the original artwork, other than that, crap.

Matt
02-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Interesting topic. :lol:

I think its nice to offer constructive criticism on stuff like this so we'll try to keep the thread out of any kind of "bashing" realm. Not like you guys would, just had to be said. :grouphug:

My first problem with the site is no message board--I just think its hard to actually interact with fans if there is no way for them to post opinions.

Second is flash and ads. I have a fairly fast connection and it still takes forever. Not to mention, it throws an automatic pop up add for his cafepress store. I can't imagine doing that.

Tons of info out there to be sure but overall I find it hard to navigate and while his flash stuff may have been cutting edge at the time, it seems outdated and well...not good to me.

I think flash has its uses (amazing stuff on Michael Whelan's site and Kings as well) but it has to be done right. I considered it briefly for the home page and decided I wanted the place to come up fast regardless of a persons connection speed.

And also that they wouldn't have to constantly download new versions of flash and stuff to see the site. :nana:

ZoNeSeeK
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I visited in 1963 but haven't been back since.

fernandito
02-18-2008, 05:07 PM
I hate to say it, but there's some fucking sweet merchandise there.

Matt
02-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Yep, looks like his store is pretty well developed. I assume I could put those types of graphics on shirts for ours if it ever takes off.

Wuducynn
02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
well, it said internet entertainment so i thought this would be a good place to put this. also,im not sure if this is already a thread.

has anyone ever been to Darktowercompendium.com? (http://http://www.darktowercompendium.com/) whats you opinion on the site?

The best website ever made or ever will be made. The Alpha and the Omega. The Antman is the greatest genius and Dark Tower fan ever.

Brice
02-19-2008, 08:42 AM

The best website ever made or ever will be made. The Alpha and the Omega. The Antman is greatest genius and Dark Tower fan ever.

Hey, Antman! :) How's it going?

Wuducynn
02-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Hush! I was trying to be inconspicious! :angry:

Brice
02-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Sorry man! :(

Jon
02-24-2008, 03:38 AM
Never liked the damned thing from the beginning.

CyberGhostface
02-24-2008, 06:38 AM
I remembet DT.net was enemies with this guy, and the DT.net wiki had a whole article dedicated to bashing the way he looks. They accused him of being a slow mutant or something.

fernandito
02-24-2008, 06:50 AM
I remembet DT.net was enemies with this guy, and the DT.net wiki had a whole article dedicated to bashing the way he looks. They accused him of being a slow mutant or something.

I remember that! wasn't there also a picture of him with green skin turning into the Hulk? Or was it Shrek? :rofl:

Woofer
02-24-2008, 08:15 AM

Disclaimer: I only visited DT.net and Compendium sites superficially, so I am sure there is quite a bit of history with which I am unfamiliar.

However, I have to say: how very sad of DT.net. {Insert comment about attacking someone's looks being the last recourse and all that.}

Matt: I commend you for this site sticking to praise of TDT rather than bashing of other DT sites. I agree with everything you've said about the Compendium site. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Spencer: Maybe the "I have a life" was a convenient excuse (the marriage and all that) for backing out of DT stuff (it doesn't sound snotty to me, just...indifferent) - especially if other DT sites were lampooning him in such a manner.

Hearing this kind of crap makes me glad I never really looked for a DT home on the 'net until people around me started reading it in RL.

Wuducynn
02-24-2008, 03:29 PM
*sigh* I guess The Woofster doesn't appreciate the pure genius of The Antman...

Jon
02-25-2008, 05:51 AM
The site was just a clinical, dull void to me. I care not how he looked.

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Yeah, but his giant skull turned you on..

Jon
02-25-2008, 06:14 AM
Yeah, but his giant skull turned you on..

Naw... no wool!

Woofer
02-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Hrm, was this guy a jerk? Do tell! I confess that I never looked at his site beyond actual DT stuff, e.g. never looked at the about me, forums, etc.

Now my curiosity is piqued. Oh discordia! My left foot* for a door through which I could see the DT.net verses DTCompendium.com fight.

*It has to be left. I'm saving my right for the flying car.

Wuducynn
02-25-2008, 05:51 PM
I thought some of the artwork on the site was well done. Being a long time DT.Net'er, I have to say the guy who runs the site Anthony, is just awfully arrogant and when the Dark Tower books were coming out, and he would get an ARC, he was very gloating about it, which I didn't like.
Also his attitude towards the DT.Net was pretty petty and obnoxious to boot. Although I do love his CafePress Dark Tower clothing site...I bought a great All Hail The Crimson King shirt off of it..

Woofer
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
I thought some of the artwork on the site was well done. Being a long time DT.Net'er, I have to say the guy who runs the site Anthony, is just awfully arrogant and when the Dark Tower books were coming out, and he would get an ARC, he was very gloating about it, which I didn't like.
Also his attitude towards the DT.Net was pretty petty and obnoxious to boot. Although I do love his CafePress Dark Tower clothing site...I bought a great All Hail The Crimson King shirt off of it..

{Bold and italics mine.} Oh. One of those types. Thanks for the enlightenment.

:idea: <---enlightened

Jon
03-03-2008, 01:19 AM

You're such a bitch!

Míchéal
03-06-2008, 05:49 AM
the compendium looks well but there's not much in it...