PDA

View Full Version : If I win Grand Prize-My book and inscription will be:

Randall Flagg
05-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Imagine that you win the Grand prize this year. What book would you choose to submit, and what inscription would you want?

webstar1000
05-04-2018, 08:01 AM
Oh my.... I cannot even begin to imagine...

firemonkey66
05-04-2018, 08:03 AM
My Dragon Rebound Firestarter with ‘burn baby burn!’ as the inscription would be nice:)

Father Cody
05-04-2018, 08:04 AM
“Don’t be an asshole.” My first edition Gunslinger.

Sir_Boomme
05-04-2018, 08:05 AM
My copy of The Drum
signed and dated on the back...with the following inscription:

I, Stephen Edwin King, being of sound mind and legal age, declare Terry Lynn Newsom of Pflugerville, Texas to be the sole beneficiary of all my worldly goods, including all proceeds from any literary writings,all movie and visual rights. All personal library items are included. This document supersedes any other existing document.
signed... Stephen Edwin King

Father Cody
05-04-2018, 08:08 AM
My copy of The Drum

I, Stephen Edwin King, being of sound mind and legal age, declare Terry Lynn Newsom of Pflugerville, Texas to be the sole beneficiary of all my worldly goods, including all proceeds from any literary writings,all movie and visual rights. All personal library items are included. This document supersedes any other existing document.

I want to change mine

MikeDuke
05-04-2018, 08:17 AM
I am a little slow on the uptake. What drawing is this referring too.

webstar1000
05-04-2018, 08:21 AM

Your kidding around right man?

MikeDuke
05-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Your kidding around right man?

Nope. Not ashamed to admit it either. The only thing I can think of is the fundraiser that happened. I know something was going on with that but that's it.

Father Cody
05-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Here’s the thread on it, Mike:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20842-2017-Fundraiser-Benefiting-The-Haven-Foundation

MikeDuke
05-04-2018, 08:53 AM
OK. I donated $25 so I am in. I won't win but I did not do it to win. I did it because of what it was going to.

webstar1000
05-04-2018, 09:46 AM
OK. I donated $25 so I am in. I won't win but I did not do it to win. I did it because of what it was going to.

Throw at least 5 more brother... it will be another entry!

MikeDuke
05-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Man, I can't remember that far back. I don't even know how many entries $25 got me.

Father Cody
05-04-2018, 10:39 AM
It’s one per $10. I’d throw another $5 too for that extra chance.

MikeDuke
05-04-2018, 11:00 AM
OK. So right now I have 2 chances. Plus that $5 that just went to the donation pile. $5 more dollars will bring me up to 3 chances.
I need to re-read when the deadline is.
Edit: Got it 5\19.
Thanks for the clarification.

Beverly Marsh
05-04-2018, 12:33 PM
My copy of The Drum

:rofl:

Beverly Marsh
05-04-2018, 12:35 PM
I would have to go with Pet Sematary and he can pick the inscription. I like surprises! You know, for when I win :evil::P

becca69
05-04-2018, 03:37 PM
Probably my IT rebound and ask him for a doodle and whatever else he wants to scribble.

Ben Staad
05-04-2018, 04:56 PM
I don't actually own the book I would want him to scribble in...However if I did I would like to see the first sentence of the gunslinger in his handwriting.

webstar1000
05-04-2018, 05:35 PM
I don't actually own the book I would want him to scribble in...However if I did I would like to see the first sentence of the gunslinger in his handwriting.

Excellent choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tippy4
05-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Jerome....in recent years you would provide a list of four or five books that the winner could choose from, and then you would obtain the book, and send it to King for signature/inscription.

Assuming you are going to do something similar to what you did last year, the list of books I suggest would be:

The Outsider US 1st
Mr. Mercedes US 1st
Finders Keepers US 1st
Charlie The Choo Choo US 1st
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams US 1st
Gwendy's Button Box US 1st

The above are all recent titles, inexpensively obtained, and not many (compared to other recent titles) signed copies exist.

My pick would be The Outsider.

Merlin1958
05-04-2018, 11:44 PM
Jerome....in recent years you would provide a list of four or five books that the winner could choose from, and then you would obtain the book, and send it to King for signature/inscription.

Assuming you are going to do something similar to what you did last year, the list of books I suggest would be:

The Outsider US 1st
Mr. Mercedes US 1st
Finders Keepers US 1st

The above are all recent titles, inexpensively obtained, and not many (compared to other recent titles) signed copies exist.

No, you get to pick a book right out of your collection this year and it being the last year.

Father Cody
05-05-2018, 12:35 AM

The Outsider US 1st
Mr. Mercedes US 1st
Finders Keepers US 1st

Hey tippy I tried to send you a PM just now but your inbox is full.

tippy4
05-05-2018, 07:01 AM
Try now....I freed some space. or you can email me (ornate1@aol.com).

Randall Flagg
05-05-2018, 11:50 AM
I can't win, but if I did, it would be something like this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1525549694-Different%20Seasons%20inscription.jpg

Father Cody
05-05-2018, 01:03 PM
What’s the first word of that inscription, RF?

shaq
05-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Mine would be gunslinger 1st if I could find one, and say..

“To Maisie, happy 21st birthday, your Daddy loves you.

Read and enjoy poppet,

Stephen King ...may 2018”

I would then wrap it and give it on her 21st. She is currently 15 months old.

webstar1000
05-05-2018, 01:09 PM
RF, question... think King would allow a couple of winners where It’s the last one? I mean... he would literally makes dreams come true here for people. Just a thought but would it hurt to ask? Just thinking out loud here.... but damm that be some kicker for the last one!

Randall Flagg
05-05-2018, 02:40 PM
RF, question... think King would allow a couple of winners where It’s the last one? I mean... he would literally makes dreams come true here for people. Just a thought but would it hurt to ask? Just thinking out loud here.... but damm that be some kicker for the last one!

It was made clear that this was the last year King would inscribe a book to our Grand Prize Winner. The deal was one book.
I'm pushing the boundaries by allowing the winner to submit their book of choice, with their inscription request.

webstar1000
05-05-2018, 02:44 PM

It was made clear that this was the last year King would inscribe a book to our Grand Prize Winner. The deal was one book.
I'm pushing the boundaries by allowing the winner to submit their book of choice, with their inscription request.

Cool was just a thought my man.

Randall Flagg
05-05-2018, 02:53 PM
P.S. Mr. King doesn't have the time to pay attention to our fundraiser. I have spoken personally to Mr. King about our accomplishments, but it has always been in the company of others and Mr. King had only a minute or so to thank me/us for our efforts.
Despite what people may imagine; I have no direct communication with Mr. King.
I communicate via the people who represent Mr. King-------Ms. DeFilippo, and previously a person on the board for The Haven Foundation. I do my best to not bother Marsha, as she rarely if ever responds to my emails. BTAIM, the winners book has always been inscribed (close to, but not exactly as requested) with what the winner wants.

webstar1000
05-05-2018, 02:57 PM
P.S. Mr. King doesn't have the time to pay attention to our fundraiser. I have spoken personally to Mr. King about our accomplishments, but it has always been in the company of others and Mr. King had only a minute or so to thank me/us for our efforts.
I communicate via the people who represent Mr. King-------Ms. DeFilippo, and previously a person on the board for The Haven Foundation. I do my best to not bother Marsha, as she rarely if ever responds to my emails. BTAIM, the winners book has always been inscribed (close to, but not exactly as requested) with what the winner wants.

Do you think he cares RF about the work this site has done in his name? I mean I would but I’m not a famous author.

Randall Flagg
05-05-2018, 03:18 PM
From above:
"I have spoken personally to Mr. King about our accomplishments, but it has always been in the company of others and Mr. King had only a minute or so to thank me/us for our efforts."

webstar1000
05-05-2018, 03:23 PM
From above:
"I have spoken personally to Mr. King about our accomplishments, but it has always been in the company of others and Mr. King had only a minute or so to thank me/us for our efforts."

Yes I read that but I was asking your thoughts more so to the effect if he truly cares or was being polite. He probably has no idea how much you (and other members here ) put into the fundraising...

Merlin1958
05-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Do you think he cares RF about the work this site has done in his name? I mean I would but I’m not a famous author.

From above:

Yes I read that but I was asking your thoughts more so to the effect if he truly cares or was being polite. He probably has no idea how much you (and other members here ) put into the fundraising...

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

webstar1000
05-05-2018, 03:46 PM

From above:

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Oh I’m sorry... has this been discussed before today? I’m unaware... perhaps post the link to the thread and I’ll have a look:)

Merlin1958
05-05-2018, 04:07 PM
No apology needed, brutha

shaq
05-05-2018, 06:36 PM

Nice inscription Merlin 😊

Merlin1958
05-05-2018, 06:46 PM

Nice inscription Merlin 😊

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

FlyerPhan0826
05-06-2018, 06:27 AM
I'd go with my Cujo. It's not in perfect condition and is far from rare but it's the first "collectible" book that I got when I started about a year and a half ago. I'd leave the message up to Mr. King but would ask him to make it out to my son.

This thread was also a great reminder to throw in a few more sheckles to increase my odds :)

Ari_Racing
05-07-2018, 10:10 AM
I'd go with my 1st edition Spanish copy of IT.

The inscription would start with "To Ari from Argentina" and then a sentence on what IT means to him.

Aronstg
05-07-2018, 10:25 PM
This is so tough but I think I would steal from someone else on the thread and send in my Gunslinger and have him quote the first line. That is just too iconic to pass up.

Beverly Marsh
05-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Still a couple of weeks out but wanted to wish everyone good luck! It was a successful fundraiser(still is!) and whomever wins will have a great keepsake! As will the charities that receive the funds.