PDA

View Full Version : Wave 1B: Different Seasons vs. Pet Sematary

mae
04-11-2018, 12:29 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/Different_Seasons_face.jpgvs.http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/Pet_Semetary_face.jpg

This is the third and final round of our 2018 Constant Reader Awards. Please vote for the book you deem better. The winner receives 0.1 points added to its score previously acquired in the first two rounds.

If you haven't yet read either book or both of them, please vote Never read one or both titles. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

amd013
04-11-2018, 12:43 PM
very close, eeny meeny miny moe!

Heather19
04-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Pet Semetary

frik
04-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Different Seasons

sk

biomieg
04-11-2018, 11:54 PM
Mannnn.... the first waves are tough as hell... I went for Different Seasons here, but...

Girlystevedave
04-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Didn't read Pet Sematary. Yet.

Tommy
04-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Didn't read Pet Sematary. Yet.

:panic:

Girlystevedave
04-12-2018, 11:16 AM
:lol:
I was just about to mention it in the other thread where we were talking about how growing up on a certain movie takes away your urge to read the book. I am happy to say that I did just buy a copy of Pet Sematary a week or so back because I am determined to read it sometime soon. :)

Tommy
04-12-2018, 11:21 AM
I was just about to mention it in the other thread where we were talking about how growing up on a certain movie takes away your urge to read the book. I am happy to say that I did just buy a copy of Pet Sematary a week or so back because I am determined to read it sometime soon. :)

:thumbsup:

Iwritecode
04-12-2018, 11:26 AM

The movie of Pet Sematary actually follows the book pretty closely.

Tommy
04-12-2018, 11:30 AM

Agreed, but the characters are of course more developed in the book and Jud's wife is left out of the film. Not that big a deal but I think her name was Norma and my sister is a King fan named Norma and was bummed about that, :wtf:

Girlystevedave
04-12-2018, 11:31 AM

I'm thinking I'm pretty close to forgetting most of the details and layers of the story enough to maybe enjoy the book. Maybe. :lol:

mae
04-12-2018, 12:34 PM
The movie was pretty scary for what it was but not as terrifying as the book.

Heather19
04-12-2018, 01:29 PM
I just reread it last fall, and it was far scarier than I remembered it being. It's such a great book. But then I had to go and watch the movie again after I finished reading it because it had also been years since I saw it, and it was not at all scary, and even a bit cheesy now. It follows the book's basic premise, but the book is so much more full. Also the super unrealistic ending really turned me off :lol:

Girlystevedave
04-12-2018, 01:44 PM
It's funny how most movies based off King's books have that cheesy quality to them when the books are just solid stories.

Jean
04-17-2018, 12:18 AM
Pet Semetary
same :rose:

mae
04-18-2018, 12:37 PM
The poll has closed. The winner with 52.94% of the vote was Different Seasons. It receives 0.1 points in addition to its current FAS (Final Average Score), making it 7.777122154 or 87.38%.