in that place in the mind
where madness dwells
in close proximity a living hell
my body an empty shell
my nose curved like the belly of a whale

What am I

fernandito
02-16-2008, 04:15 PM
taking a stab in the dark here : a bullet?

ATG
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
nope

mia/susannah
02-16-2008, 06:27 PM
A train?

Jon
02-16-2008, 08:23 PM
ATG...there is a riddles section.

We need you!

ATG
02-16-2008, 08:39 PM
A train?
correct.
The fuckers keep me up all night!

We need you!

OMFG, this site has too many sub-forums!:panic:

Jon
02-16-2008, 08:56 PM
A train?
correct.
The fuckers keep me up all night!

We need you!

OMFG, this site has too many sub-forums!:panic:

Well it WAS a poem... but it was more of a riddle.

I am informing the authorities...you'd better get a good lawyer because we have you on a technicality.:cowboy:

Jon
02-16-2008, 09:01 PM
As part of you official interrogation. I must ask you to explain:

"in close proximity a living hell
my body an empty shell"

(I'm not being an ass or challenging you... just curious. we oft do this in riddles.)

Jean
02-17-2008, 01:22 AM
ATG: do you want it to stay here, or to be moved to Riddles?

jayson
02-17-2008, 04:35 AM

my body an empty shell"

(I'm not being an ass or challenging you... just curious. we oft do this in riddles.)

we'll see what ATG really meant, but when he says they keep him up all night I assume that is what he means by the "in close proximity a living hell." As in, the train whistle, when it is close, is the living hell. The "empty shell" part I think we all get. Was that it ATG?

ATG
02-17-2008, 07:39 AM

my body an empty shell"

we'll see what ATG really meant, but when he says they keep him up all night I assume that is what he means by the "in close proximity a living hell." As in, the train whistle, when it is close, is the living hell. The "empty shell" part I think we all get. Was that it ATG?

100%

jayson
02-17-2008, 09:52 AM
prob bc i also have to deal with the living hell of trains running too close to my home

ATG
02-17-2008, 10:06 AM
I live about 2 miles from the tracks. But we're on a hill.
There is something random about the whistles, and something that perhaps triggers my alarm response.
Not a single night goes by when I am able to sleep, even with ear-plugs. My wife is not bothered but many a night I lie awake on the couch imagining an engineers head in my cross hairs.

ZoNeSeeK
02-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Most of our riddles are poems too! :)

Jean: its really up to you guys if you want to keep it here or move it to Solved Riddles @ golgotha, only active riddles stay in Road To Fair Day.

ATG: Riddles Forum (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=85), have a look if you're into puzzles ;)

ATG
02-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks, but I suck at riddles.

I trust the mods to put things where they go, and the pm's are a nice courtesy but really not needed. Just do as ye see fit.

Poems, poetry, prose and song writing are things I do dabble in.

As far as this ' riddle ' it had been spinning around my head, and as I lay in bed, listening to the maddening wail of the trains in the terminal I think of Blaine.

mia/susannah
02-20-2008, 06:22 AM
I live about 2 miles from the tracks. But we're on a hill.
There is something random about the whistles, and something that perhaps triggers my alarm response.
Not a single night goes by when I am able to sleep, even with ear-plugs. My wife is not bothered but many a night I lie awake on the couch imagining an engineers head in my cross hairs.

I live about a mile, give or take, and on a hill as well, I seems like the train whistle is right outside my window, drives me crazy as well. :pullhair: