PDA

View Full Version : Bracket #5: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)

mae
01-30-2018, 06:27 PM
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three, 1984
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/DOTT_face.jpg

Please vote for The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_II:_The_Drawing_of_the_Three) using the following scale:

Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

Girlystevedave
01-30-2018, 07:52 PM
The best from the DT series.

Sai Sheb
01-31-2018, 12:20 AM
5 5 5......

stroppygoblin
01-31-2018, 03:51 AM
Can I give it 6?

Heather19
01-31-2018, 06:00 AM
Wow, I thought I was going to be the only low vote for this one but I guess I'm not alone. I know I'm in the minority on this site, but the Dark Tower is just not for me. I just re-read this one a few weeks ago for a SK bookclub I go to. I wasn't a fan the first time, so I was hoping this time maybe I would see what others saw in it, but that did not happen. It was just so boring, I didn't even want to finish it. It really was a struggle, and if it wasn't for bookclub I would have stopped and not wasted any time on it. To me it just felt like it could have been condensed down into a few chapters of a larger book.

jsmcmullen92
01-31-2018, 06:28 AM
Wow, I thought I was going to be the only low vote for this one but I guess I'm not alone. I know I'm in the minority on this site, but the Dark Tower is just not for me. I just re-read this one a few weeks ago for a SK bookclub I go to. I wasn't a fan the first time, so I was hoping this time maybe I would see what others saw in it, but that did not happen. It was just so boring, I didn't even want to finish it. It really was a struggle, and if it wasn't for bookclub I would have stopped and not wasted any time on it. To me it just felt like it could have been condensed down into a few chapters of a larger book.

yup... that's how I felt with almost the WHOLE Dark Tower Series. Except #4 that is, that one was great. I guess I enjoy character building histories/lore more than a guy walking through a desert stealing a junkie, a crazy woman, and a 3rd person that I am not going to ruin in case someone hasn't read it.

Randall Flagg
01-31-2018, 06:46 AM
My favorite book from the series.

amd013
01-31-2018, 08:27 AM
I thought it was "meh". It felt a little boring at the time. Wanted it to be more mid-world centric. Maybe a reread will change my mind, but it probably would only because now I am familiar with all the new characters introduced.

St. Troy
01-31-2018, 09:30 AM
Overall I found DT2 to be a pretty blunt instrument of a book with much that didn't hit the mark for me, but there are parts that are quite gripping and (if done right) would absolutely crackle on the screen.

mae
02-07-2018, 02:10 PM
The poll has closed. The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.214285714 or 84.29%. It received a rating of 5 with 15 votes.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-14-2018, 05:49 AM
Missed the poll. 5. Not the best of the series for me, but up there.

fernandito
02-14-2018, 08:48 AM
5 from me. I love its raw, visceral power.