PDA

View Full Version : The Path of The Bear

ATG
02-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Okay, in DT 7, right after King gets hit by the minivan, Roland tells him to return to the path of the Turtle, to finish the tale.
King mentions The Path Of The Bear also, and Roland is confused.

I take this as further proof that the series is not finished. I believe he intends to expand the whole series, perhaps adding more novels.

I, for one, would like to see all seven books rewritten, from the perspective of another level of the Tower; Jake lives, major events are replayed with alternative outcomes.

And then, as a career finale he writes five new Tower novels, for a total of 19 books.

Erin
02-15-2008, 01:25 AM
I personally think Sai King is done for the most part with the Dark Tower series.

Jean
02-15-2008, 02:19 AM
I am afraid that would be an example of turning a work of literature into a commercial project, and then pumping it dry

The Return of the Dark Tower
The Dark Tower Strikes Back
The Dark Tower Rides Again

I like the title of this thread, though... if someone has anything to say about the Path of the Bear, or why King mentions it, they are very welcome.

Erin
02-15-2008, 02:57 AM
The Dark Tower Strikes Back.....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brice
02-15-2008, 03:15 AM
I picked no, you are insane because:

1) I don't think it'll happen. I think it's pretty much done except for maybe the comics and possible minor overlap between future non DT books with the series.

2) You ARE insane. :P

MonteGss
02-15-2008, 03:50 AM
No way, no how. Comics are the best we can hope for.

Woofer
02-15-2008, 03:50 AM

1) I don't think it'll happen. I think it's pretty much done except for maybe the comics and possible minor overlap between future non DT books with the series.

Agreed. Of course, I don't know if you're insane or not, but we all go a little bit mad sometimes.

:cyclops:

Brice
02-15-2008, 03:55 AM

Agreed. Of course, I don't know if you're insane or not, but we all go a little bit mad sometimes.

:cyclops:

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat, "we're all mad here. I'm mad . You're mad ." "How do you know I'm mad ?" said Alice. "You must be, " said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Jean
02-15-2008, 03:55 AM
I voted the same... not because I could be a judge of sanity, but because of what The Cheshire Cat said

EDITED: F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brice beat me to that by a particle of a second! Again????!!!!! we can't be on the same wavelength all the time, can we??????

Brice
02-15-2008, 03:56 AM
I voted the same... not because I could be a judge of sanity, but because of what The Cheshire Cat said

EDITED: F**CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brice beat me to that! Again????!!!!! we can't be on the same wavelength all the time, can we??????

Did you see my post ^^^ before you posted Jean? :lol:

Edit: Nevermind, I see you did. :D

jayson
02-15-2008, 05:19 AM
coming this fall to a bookstore near you... The Return of the Curse of the Ghost of The Dark Tower. I agree with Jean's thoughts that revisions such as those mentioned seem more commercial than literary enterprises. I do not feel King is "done" per se with the Tower, but defintiely done with outright DT novels. This is not to say there won't be another book like Black House or Insomnia with all kinds of DT-type stuff in there, or even a story like Little Sisters that is about Roland's world. As for revisions, not new books, I hated the first set of revisions, so why would I want more?

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 05:34 AM

This covers it to a T for me.

blackrose22
02-15-2008, 05:55 AM
I'd rather have more stories from the time after Mejis to the fall of Gilead and the start of Rolands quest for the dark tower than another book in the series.

ATG
02-15-2008, 06:09 AM
8 of 9 think I'm nuts.

And, I am the one of nine. Great. :dance:

jayson
02-15-2008, 06:10 AM
well to be fair to your sanity ATG, i voted no. the attached "you are nuts" was not a necessity. you may very well be nuts, but i don't know that this evidences such. maybe we should just do an "Is ATG nuts?" poll.

Brice
02-15-2008, 06:18 AM
8 of 9 think I'm nuts.

And, I am the one of nine. Great. :dance:

Apparently, he's already done one. :lol:

ATG
02-15-2008, 06:19 AM
well to be fair to your sanity ATG, i voted no. the attached "you are nuts" was not a necessity. you may very well be nuts, but i don't know that this evidences such. maybe we should just do an "Is ATG nuts?" poll.

You may have not read my Ka (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1813) thread, it says much about my sanity.

I like the poll idea.:panic:

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 06:20 AM
I do have to say I would love more Dark Tower books ATG so I can't say that it wouldn't be cool if something like that happened. :harrier:

ATG
02-15-2008, 06:22 AM
I am afraid that would be an example of turning a work of literature into a commercial project, and then pumping it dry

The Return of the Dark Tower
The Dark Tower Strikes Back
The Dark Tower Rides Again

I like the title of this thread, though... if someone has anything to say about the Path of the Bear, or why King mentions it, they are very welcome.

:thumbsup:

Storyslinger
02-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I went with no, because I believe that the DT story involving the ka-tet is done. He may write some connections but the overall project is finished

ATG
02-15-2008, 08:15 PM
He also mentions, Deepenue, Susanas dad and one other old coot ( john cullum?)as being " ka-tet of the Rose " and describes their story as being one worthy of a novel.

Darkthoughts
02-16-2008, 07:34 AM
I remember thinking "I'd like to read that!" too.

sarah
02-19-2008, 07:58 AM
I personally think Sai King is done for the most part with the Dark Tower series.

yes, I agree. I believe The Dark Tower has been apart of his life for so long that finishing the series was rewarding emotionally and professionally. I think the story will only live on in the comics and not in another novel.

Brice
02-19-2008, 08:41 AM

yes, I agree. I believe The Dark Tower has been apart of his life for so long that finishing the series was rewarding emotionally and professionally. I think the story will only live on in the comics and not in another novel.

not even through connections? :cry:
Say it isn't so, Sarah.