PDA

View Full Version : Bracket #4: Pet Sematary (1983)

mae
01-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Pet Sematary, 1983
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/510/medium/Pet_Semetary_face.jpg

Please vote for Pet Sematary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sematary) using the following scale:

Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Heather19
01-25-2018, 01:36 PM
5 Really wish I could give it more. Pet Sematary was my first King book so it holds a very special place in my heart. I just finally re-read it a few months ago, and it was even better than I remembered. And a lot scarier too.

mae
01-25-2018, 01:42 PM
The best, period.

Sai Sheb
01-25-2018, 02:06 PM
5 Really wish I could give it more. Pet Sematary was my first King book so it holds a very special place in my heart. I just finally re-read it a few months ago, and it was even better than I remembered. And a lot scarier too.

Totally agree. It was also my first sk experience and it scared the shit out of me... re-reading it at the moment... its great..

DoctorZaius
01-25-2018, 07:42 PM

Totally agree. It was also my first sk experience and it scared the shit out of me... re-reading it at the moment... its great..

Add me to the growing list. One of my favorites!

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-26-2018, 01:45 PM
5. Easy. My first SK book. The one I've read the most times, and the scariest of all SK books in my opinion.

Heather19
01-27-2018, 06:08 PM
I am really curious about what the person who gave it a 1 didn't like about it.

firemonkey66
01-27-2018, 06:22 PM
I am really curious about what the person who gave it a 1 didn't like about it.

Too scary? :)

Heather19
01-29-2018, 05:40 AM
The scarier it was the more points it would get from me :lol:

Girlystevedave
01-29-2018, 08:05 AM
I think I really need to make it a point to read this one this year. I've shied away from it because of the whole death of a child aspect of it, but it's bothering me that there's some classic King out there that I haven't read.

Iwritecode
01-29-2018, 11:17 AM
I think I really need to make it a point to read this one this year. I've shied away from it because of the whole death of a child aspect of it, but it's bothering me that there's some classic King out there that I haven't read.

I was already a parent when I first read this and that part was a little difficult to get through. Remembering that it's all fiction helps a little. It's really a sad book overall more than scary IMO.

St. Troy
01-29-2018, 12:32 PM
Most SK works are a blend of light and dark, but PS to me is really just a "down" book (The Tommyknockers also stuck me as a "down" book, but nowhere near as good as PS).

Girlystevedave
01-30-2018, 07:11 AM

I was already a parent when I first read this and that part was a little difficult to get through. Remembering that it's all fiction helps a little. It's really a sad book overall more than scary IMO.

I grew up seeing the movie a lot and never realized just how unsettling and crushing the story was until I became a parent.

mae
02-01-2018, 02:16 PM
The poll has closed. Pet Sematary has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.365384615 or 87.31%. It received a rating of 5 with 11 votes.