PDA

View Full Version : Brady Hartsfield Tech Support Line

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-16-2018, 11:15 AM
A general technical question. I recently had a flash drive malfunction on me. Anyone know a reliable make and model to buy?

jsmcmullen92
01-16-2018, 01:16 PM
A general technical question. I recently had a flash drive malfunction on me. Anyone know a reliable make and model to buy?

I have used both Sea gate and WD. Both have been great. I recommend NOT buying from eBay, there is a hack you can do to make them appear larger than they actually are (making an 8GB look like a 64GB Flash). stick to amazon or other reputable electronics dealers.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-16-2018, 01:19 PM

I have used both Sea gate and WD. Both have been great. I recommend NOT buying from eBay, there is a hack you can do to make them appear larger than they actually are (making an 8GB look like a 64GB Flash). stick to amazon or other reputable electronics dealers.

Thanks! I'll probably try one of each, since I need two of them. I'm backing the files up this time!

jsmcmullen92
01-16-2018, 01:25 PM

Thanks! I'll probably try one of each, since I need two of them. I'm backing the files up this time!

I usually just get a TB external HD and use that for back up (they plug in through USB just like flashdrive) then also a cloud storage. if I need it anywhere there is the cloud but I still have a hard copy stored if needed.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-16-2018, 05:48 PM
I don't trust or understand the cloud. I think it's over my head.

stroppygoblin
01-17-2018, 09:39 AM
New thread. Use this rather than "Tech questions about the site" to discuss any tech help or advice you have/need that is not related to the site.

Br!an
01-17-2018, 02:58 PM
New thread. Use this rather than "Tech questions about the site" to discuss any tech help or advice you have/need that is not related to the site.

You might want to move this to the top of the thread. :orely:

stroppygoblin
01-17-2018, 04:27 PM

You might want to move this to the top of the thread. :orely:

It was at the top, then I merged from the other thread and it got bumped down...

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-17-2018, 04:45 PM
I think the person at the top is a distinguished, talented, greatly admired gentleman of rare taste and discernment who has never lied once in his entire life until now and what a strange feeling!

Br!an
01-17-2018, 05:27 PM
I think the person at the top is a distinguished, talented, greatly admired gentleman of rare taste and discernment who has never lied once in his entire life until now and what a strange feeling!

I heartily concur!!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-31-2018, 03:28 AM
I forgot about this thread.

Sometimes, when I boot up my PC with Windows 10, a window opens saying it can not connect to Onedrive. I do not even know what Onedrive is, and I would like to know how to stop this window from popping up.

ELazansky
07-31-2018, 04:25 AM

Sometimes, when I boot up my PC with Windows 10, a window opens saying it can not connect to Onedrive. I do not even know what Onedrive is, and I would like to know how to stop this window from popping up.

OneDrive is Microsoft's cloud service, like Dropbox. It is probably set as a startup process. In the Search bar, type Startup Tasks. It will bring you into the Startup Apps page. Just change it and any others you don't want starting at Startup to Off.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-31-2018, 04:45 AM

OneDrive is Microsoft's cloud service, like Dropbox. It is probably set as a startup process. In the Search bar, type Startup Tasks. It will bring you into the Startup Apps page. Just change it and any others you don't want starting at Startup to Off.

Thanks! I tried that and it was enabled somehow. I disabled it!

jhanic
07-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Is there any downside to disabling the OneDrive?

John

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-31-2018, 02:26 PM
I've been on this thing all day since doing so, and I think I accidentally enabled it in the 1st place. Everything is working fine. Almost wish it wasn't since I've spent almost $400 on books the last couple of days. Things that come up once and you take them or most likely never see them again, so I took them.

Br!an
07-31-2018, 03:55 PM

John

Only the loss of cloud storage.

jhanic
08-01-2018, 01:42 AM

John

Only the loss of cloud storage.

Thanks, Brian!

John

jhanic
08-07-2018, 07:17 AM
I've discovered one thing that's changed when I disabled OneDrive--I no longer have the auto-save function in my Office programs--Excel, Word, etc. No big thing, but interesting.

John

Br!an
08-07-2018, 07:32 AM
I've discovered one thing that's changed when I disabled OneDrive--I no longer have the auto-save function in my Office programs--Excel, Word, etc. No big thing, but interesting.

John

They must be using the cloud for that feature. Just go old school and remember to save.

Randall Flagg
08-07-2018, 08:10 AM
https://support.office.com/client/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RWeWdm?pid=ocpVideo0-innerdiv-oneplayer&jsapi=true&postJsllMsg=true&maskLevel=20&market=en-us

jhanic
08-07-2018, 10:24 AM

John

They must be using the cloud for that feature. Just go old school and remember to save.

That's just what I've been doing.

John

jhanic
08-07-2018, 10:26 AM
https://support.office.com/client/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RWeWdm?pid=ocpVideo0-innerdiv-oneplayer&jsapi=true&postJsllMsg=true&maskLevel=20&market=en-us

Sorry, RF. That video was just too out-of-focus for me to see anything.

John

Randall Flagg
08-07-2018, 10:52 AM
· File
· Under Help, choose options
· Under Options, click the Save button
o SSelect Auto-Recovery and you can choose how often the document is AutoSaved. The default is 10 minutes, but you can choose your own time.

jhanic
08-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Just tried it. We'll see if it works. Thanks a bunch, RF!!

John

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-14-2019, 06:04 PM
I've got a bunch of old programs like First Aid, Netscape Navigator, McAfee, Windows 90 whatever, etc. etc. in the original boxes. Is there any use for these whatsoever, or should I just chuck them all in the trash can?

Joe315
09-14-2019, 08:10 PM
I've got a bunch of old programs like First Aid, Netscape Navigator, McAfee, Windows 90 whatever, etc. etc. in the original boxes. Is there any use for these whatsoever, or should I just chuck them all in the trash can?

May be a collectors market for them if the boxes are in good condition etc. Otherwise I wouldn’t think there is any reason to hang on to them. Hopefully someone else speaks up.

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-15-2019, 06:51 AM

May be a collectors market for them if the boxes are in good condition etc. Otherwise I wouldn’t think there is any reason to hang on to them. Hopefully someone else speaks up.

I always keep everything as mint as I can. I'll try to gather them all up for a group shot and have them all say "cheese".

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-15-2019, 08:08 AM
These boxes are complete. One of them is missing a supplementary disc only. I have more boxes (I think), but I'd have to dig them out, and only if someone is interested in this stuff. I'd like to get a few bucks for it if it's still worth anything.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/UTILTY_discs1.JPG

These are the discs, etc. without boxes, although I may be able to find the boxes up in the attic if it's worthwhile to do so:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/UTILITY_discs2.JPG

I also have a few plastic storage containers for old style floppy discs if anyone has use for them. I can post a picture if someone wants to see them.