PDA

View Full Version : The Collectible Pierce Brown

scarface
11-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Since Subpress has released the first book of the Red Rising series I figured it made sense to start a thread here. I must say that while the dusk jacket looks pretty fantastic and I am glad the series is getting the limited edition treatment from Subpress, I kinda wish they went all out on this one. Also, which one of you lucky dogs managed to snag that lettered?
https://subterraneanpress.com/slider-tabs/just-announced/red-rising

Joe315
11-28-2017, 08:56 PM
I have the us and uk hardbacks of the series. I wanted to get the arcs of each as well (have 2nd red rising us arc) but too expensive for me.

And no lettered for me. Did get a regular numbered though.

becca69
11-29-2017, 06:53 AM
I have been collecting the US books - all personalized thru The Signed Page. I also ordered the limited. I've been avoiding SP lettered editions in this price range since they are basically the same book with a traycase. I sold the few I had - Abercrombie and Weir.

ELazansky
11-29-2017, 07:21 AM
I have the three US 1/1 signed - one with the cool inscription to me due to the Signed Page screw up. I skipped buying the s/l from Sub Press. I really enjoyed the trilogy, but I really wish he would have written something new instead of writing another trilogy based on the universe he created. I'll still read it, but I like when authors finish a tale and then move on to the next (or in the case of Hugh Howey, finish a trilogy and then sail the world :) ). I wonder if SP will publish every book as a s/l. I may regret missing it down the line. Time will tell.

scarface
11-29-2017, 03:33 PM
I have been collecting the US books - all personalized thru The Signed Page. I also ordered the limited. I've been avoiding SP lettered editions in this price range since they are basically the same book with a traycase. I sold the few I had - Abercrombie and Weir.

I agree with you there, although the recent Fifth Season traycase had me drooling. I still kick myself for not getting that one but oh well. This lettered would have made for a nice investment I feel, I see this series being at least as popular as the Expanse. Lets see, I might still get lucky if they undersold those lettereds! :ninja:

scarface
11-29-2017, 03:36 PM
(or in the case of Hugh Howey, finish a trilogy and then sail the world :) )

That's the dream my man!

Aronstg
12-02-2017, 10:02 AM
I have the three US 1/1 signed - one with the cool inscription to me due to the Signed Page screw up. I skipped buying the s/l from Sub Press. I really enjoyed the trilogy, but I really wish he would have written something new instead of writing another trilogy based on the universe he created. I'll still read it, but I like when authors finish a tale and then move on to the next (or in the case of Hugh Howey, finish a trilogy and then sail the world :) ). I wonder if SP will publish every book as a s/l. I may regret missing it down the line. Time will tell.

I believe they have plans to do every book in the series. I'm friendly with Pierce and I know that after these next books that he plans to release something different. It's hard to blame the guy for sticking to the same world though. There were a lot of people asking for it and it's still very popular. I think new, young authors should cash in when they can so that they can then move on to write anything they want to. It's important to cement themselves first.

Sadly I also missed out on a lettered but I may have something working in the weeds to take care of that.

Booknutt
12-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Got my ARC in the mail today. Really looking forward to this.

lotuz
01-02-2018, 06:55 PM
This might be of interest, even though the books are paperback trade editions:

https://grimoakshield.org/blogs/news/pierce-brown-signs-for-charity?utm_source=Grim+Oak+Community+News&utm_campaign=a49fe59b9d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f5f6f5d0f6-a49fe59b9d-370272421&mc_cid=a49fe59b9d&mc_eid=e0e2e44292

Booknutt
05-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Selling my Pierce Brown books.
4 books.
Red Rising 1st/1st
Red Rising ARC second state
Golden Son 1st/1st
Morning Star 1st/1st publisher signed copy
Iron Gold 1st/1st publisher signed copy.
$125 PayPal f&f plus $10 shipping for the whole set.
Sale pending