PDA

View Full Version : All That and A Bag Of Chips

Pages : [1] 2

Still Servant
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Help settle a long standing wonder of mine

I often argue with people about the correct way to use a roll of toilet paper.

Some people use the over method of rolling and some people use the under method. I am of the philosophy that the correct way is the over. It just makes sense.

Whenever I go over somebody's house and they use the under method, I change it to the over.

So I've been wondering, which method do you use, the over or the under?

I'm assuming Zone uses the under method because he's from Australia.:P

ZoNeSeeK
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Do you mean how the roll is in the holder? No I prefer the over method aswell but it doesn't bother me enough to change it :)

Wuducynn
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
No, he just uses the under method because hes a bottom.

ZoNeSeeK
02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
im just a lazy guy

Shelbs
02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
I must, must, must have the TP coming over the top of the roll. If someone happens to have it coming out under the roll, after I've murderated them, I'll change it so that it's correctly coming over the top. :D

Bethany
02-12-2008, 05:19 PM
if the roll actually makes it to the roller, the paper is supposed to come from over the top. but the if at the beginning of that statement is a huge one.

Daghain
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
It comes from over the top - if you've ever seen "decorator" TP (the stuff with the designs on it) you'll notice it's only on the outside if you roll it over the top. :)

Wuducynn
02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I didn't even know this was an issue.

Lance
02-12-2008, 06:00 PM
What's a roller? :P

Randall Flagg
02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Why are there three choices in the poll?
If needed I can remove the "Toilet Paper" choice.

Girlystevedave
02-12-2008, 06:54 PM
It has to be over. It just makes more sense.

Randall Flagg
02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
I changed it to only two choices.
Hope that is ok.

Erin
02-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Over of course. I hate when people have theirs under.

also, there is another age-old toilet paper question. Do you fold or crumple your TP?

ATG
02-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Over, unless you have a two year old, then it's under or you are constantly respooling the wipe.

Girlystevedave
02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Over of course. I hate when people have theirs under.

also, there is another age-old toilet paper question. Do you fold or crumple your TP?

Folding is definitely the way to go:thumbsup:

OchrisO
02-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Over.

Aslo, crumpling is for barbarians.

Erin
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
I crumple. Who has time to fold?

Matt
02-13-2008, 07:19 AM
I gotta fold :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 07:24 AM
I fold usually and do under. Over has always bothered me. For some reason, if it's over it's more likely to be pulled down by the cats, so we do under...

Storyslinger
02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I'd use the over, if I used toilet paper. ;)

Kidding, but I don't think I'd change someone else's.

Jean
02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
`One side of what? The other side of what?' thought Alice to herself.
`Of the mushroom,' said the Caterpillar,

in other words, can someone explain to a foreign bear, over and under what?

funky dredd
02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
It's got to be "over" for me.

Brice
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
`One side of what? The other side of what?' thought Alice to herself.
`Of the mushroom,' said the Caterpillar,

in other words, can someone explain to a foreign bear, over and under what?

Basically, it's just a question of when you hang your toilet paper roll on the dispenser whether you hang it with the end of the TP spooling over the top of the roll or hanging down underneath. :lol:

Jean
02-13-2008, 01:28 PM
thank you! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif I suspected as much, but couldn't be sure, since it is a miracle for me how a whole thread can be made on the subject... though I know at least one person who is a typically "over" guy and gets all nervous when it's not his way. Come to think of it, I'd rather it was over, but it's ok either way. It's the question of background, of course... it make a formerly Soviet bear so happy to have any toilet paper at all (instead of newspaper, leaving even one's hands all stained with lead - dread to think what it did to our asses... but, of course, the compulsory subscription to the Communist Party newspaper had to be justified in some way...) that he is hardly likely to notice which way it hangs.

Brice
02-13-2008, 01:33 PM
:rofl: Well, at least it gave a fitting use to that communist newspaper, no?

...and yes, I was a bit amazed that a whole thread was devoted to the subject too. :lol:

Míchéal
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
this thread is fucked up altogether...

Brice
02-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes, a bit. :lol:

Míchéal
02-13-2008, 02:03 PM
i feel the need to poo...

Aesculapius
02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
I have a sudden urge to rake up a large pile of leaves...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/leafpoop.jpg

OchrisO
02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I crumple. Who has time to fold?

Barbarian.

I bet you get poop on your fingers sometimes.

Still Servant
02-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I suspected as much, but couldn't be sure, since it is a miracle for me how a whole thread can be made on the subject.

I don't think it's a miracle at all. I've had this discussion/arguement with numerous people.

I just find things like this very interesting. Things that we all do on a daily basis since we were children. Some people do it differently and that's what I find interesting.

My friend thought I was crazy when I told him he had been putting the toilet paper on wrong all these years. To him, it's perfectly normal. Call me crazy, I just find stuff like that intriguing.

Another one is how you turn a door knob. Do you turn it clockwise or counter clockwise?

I turn it clockwise. My twin sister turns it counter clockwise. Just plain interesting.

I think the thread is perfectly fine. We all shit, we should be able to talk about it without feeling dirty.

Ka-mai
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM
My high school English teacher once told us this was the longest-running argument in Dear Abby history. I really hope he was kidding, but this is making me think maybe he wasn't. :ninja:

Matt
03-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm a folder but it has to be a long fold because it may have to be doubled up for a second run :ninja:

However, since we seldom have the paper on a roll, I'm not sure how to answer the original question.

obscurejude
03-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Ummm. Me and my room mates go through it too fast. We usually just have a role propped on top of the stand that serves as a book case.

TerribleT
03-06-2008, 01:42 PM
It comes from over the top - if you've ever seen "decorator" TP (the stuff with the designs on it) you'll notice it's only on the outside if you roll it over the top. :)

:rofl: only a fucking accountant

jayson
03-06-2008, 01:46 PM
how's this one... there are two men's bathrooms where i work. one of them almost always has the tp in the "over" fashion, the other in the "under"... since this thread they switched in my mind from "front bathroom" and "bathroom near my office" to "right tp bathroom" and "wrong tp bathroom"

TerribleT
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
LOL Jayson!!!!!

Over and folding, crumpling is wasteful. *see Matt's comments*

jayson
03-06-2008, 01:53 PM
oh, and i fold

cozener
03-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Well...without thinking about it...we generally just put the roll on with absolutely no consideration of it being over or under. In fact, a roll of tp is damn lucky if it even makes it onto the spool around here. This poll is in dire need for a "I don't give a shit" option. ;)

Ah...and I fold. Incidentally, I also wipe from between my legs as opposed to coming at it from the outside...y'know...in case you want to know for that book youre writing. :lol:

Samanthita
03-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Well...without thinking about it...we generally just put the roll on with absolutely no consideration of it being over or under. In fact, a roll of tp is damn lucky if it even makes it onto the spool around here. This poll is in dire need for a "I don't give a shit" option. ;)

Same here. Actually, since I've been home we haven't been putting it on the spool because my puppy gets left in the bathroom durring the day. His favorite thing to do is shred paper and cardboard.. so it stays high up on the counter.

When I lived on my own, it always seemed like it ran out at 3 am or when I was drunk. Either way, I never really cared. Though, when I have no choice but to use a public bathroom, I prefer for it to be over.

Jean
03-06-2008, 11:18 PM
in a public bathroom? of course over, especially in Paris, where in some such establishments the light may go out any moment, and while you feel around the wall for that piece of paper that is clinging to it, your chances to fall upon a cockroach are exceptionally high.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 11:36 AM
The time honored and deeply profound question that tells you everything you need to know about the other person.

*Bites into his cum and cheese sandwich*

Mmmm mmmmm

Girlystevedave
03-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Mayo

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Its stupid, I was going to add a poll to this thread but it took me over three minutes and now it won't let me.

Matt
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Hmmm...not sure on the poll Matthew.

I am personally a mayo person all the way. Miracle Whip is the work of the devil.

Míchéal
03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
whats Miracle Whip?

Girlystevedave
03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
If you don't know, consider yourself lucky.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
whats Miracle Whip?

Exactly.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Hmmm...not sure on the poll Matthew.

It just gave me a message that said something along the lines of "You have to add poll within three minutes of posting a thread".

Rjeso
03-07-2008, 11:59 AM
It depends on what the situation is.

Tuna or chicken salad? On a hamburger or sub? Mayo.

Egg salad or fried egg sandwich? Deviled egg? Miracle Whip.

Míchéal
03-07-2008, 12:02 PM
so its egg? mashed up egg?

Rjeso
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Here, gunslinger:

Miracle Whip (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Whip)

It doesn't actually taste like mayo. It has it's own flavor. Hard to explain.

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Its a dressing, similar to mayonnaise

TerribleT
03-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I was always a Miracle Whip fan, but somewhere along the line I switched over, and now it's Mayo, and not the non-fat stuff, it's just disgusting.

Míchéal
03-07-2008, 12:27 PM
interesting...we just have mayo and low fat mayo... Miracle Whip sounds kinda naughty though...

CRinVA
03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm with Matt - MW is spawn of the devil!

Hellman's Mayo all the way!

Rjeso
03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
So you get Spawn of the Devil or Hellman's.

Damn.

fernandito
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Mayo and Miracle Whip are both the work of the devil! :angry:

She-Oy
03-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Mayo all the way, preferably Kraft. Miracle Whip is a bit runny.

Odetta
03-07-2008, 02:08 PM
mayo... miracle whip is

CENSORED

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
mayo... miracle whip is

CENSORED

I thought it was a law in Canada that you had to like Miracle Whip more.. I love outlaws.. :huglove:

Odetta
03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
mayo... miracle whip is

CENSORED

I thought it was a law in Canada that you had to like Miracle Whip more.. I love outlaws.. :huglove:

You are correct sir. In fact, when you go to court, you have to swear on a bottle of Miracle Whip... also, it is law (well, more of a custom, I guess) that you carry a bottle of Miracle Whip in your car at all times as it makes an excellent de-icer...
and we don't have KY jelly... yeppers, you guessed it! Miracle Whip!(not that I would know this)

:rose:

Wuducynn
03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
http://www.health-care-beauty.com/images/K-Y-Brand-Ultra-Gel-Personal-Lubricant-5-OZ-B000XFAHFA-L.jpg =http://www.slashfood.com/images/2005/09/Miracle_Whip.jpg

jayson
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
mayo. the only "miracle" about miracle whip is that people buy it

alinda
03-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Ditto....
You took the words out of my mouth.
mayo is all I use, nice topic Mattttqew.

blackrose22
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
I was always a Miracle Whip fan, but somewhere along the line I switched over, and now it's Mayo, and not the non-fat stuff, it's just disgusting.
Not pushed on either myself, prefer Chef Salad Cream. Anything non-fat = TASTE LIKE SHIT! Now that is the work of the devil, take the fat out you remove the taste.:scared: :arg:

Woofer
03-07-2008, 05:24 PM
I third the fact that Mayo is angel cum and that the miracle is that people buy Miracle Whip.

Erin
03-07-2008, 07:35 PM
:lol: I actually like both, but I prefer Miracle Whip.

::awaits the backlash::

towerguard
03-08-2008, 09:20 AM
:lol: I actually like both, but I prefer Miracle Whip.

::awaits the backlash::

I'm with Erin on this, except that I can't stand Mayo, it's disgusting.
Miracle Whip is the best.

Bethany
03-08-2008, 07:56 PM
mayo, definitely mayo.
and if you want the mayo of the gods, you have to go with duke's - pronounced "may-nase" by the queen of all southern culinary paula deen. if you live above the mason-dixon line, befriend a southerner and have some sent to you. :P

Mattrick
03-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Both are disgusting. I'm definitely with Mayo when I he says 'I don't see why anyone would want a sauce that looks so much like come'

Jon
03-09-2008, 03:08 AM
Yes... mayo is Satan's cum!

mia/susannah
03-09-2008, 04:37 AM
mayo, definitely mayo.
and if you want the mayo of the gods, you have to go with duke's - pronounced "may-nase" by the queen of all southern culinary paula deen. if you live above the mason-dixon line, befriend a southerner and have some sent to you. :P

I am a southerner from Georgia but currently live in Catskill New York. I will have my family, who are still in Georgia send you some of the Duke May-nase. Personally, I love mayo. I think Mircle whip is disgusting. :orely:

Mattrick
03-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Yes... mayo is Satan's cum!

People look at me like alien when they learn I don't like Ketchu, Mustard, Relish, Mayo...just about ever condoment imaginable. As far as toppings on a hot dog or burger, I'm fine with cheese and onion or bacon if possible, just add more meat and maybe some lettuce but I often don't get it. People always wonder how i can eat a hot dog with nothing on it or a hamburger with nothing on it. I just prefer it. I'll eat a steak cooked in natural juices, I only use Worcheshire and maybe some Cilantro.

You know what crazy condoment consumers? I think you're all weird and crazy, covering up the delicious tastes of food with those hideous gloppy gloops. French Fries taste just fine with a touch of salt.

However, ever since I order a Fajita at Taco Bell with sour cream on it (hadn't had it in years) without knowing it and liking it, I've come to love sour cream - but only with mexican food and perogies.

Lol, I had a create conversation with my uncle on thanksgiving. At big meals involving turkey and stuffing I take a bun/bread, add turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, vegetables if I'm in the mood and add some gravy. My uncle looks at me and says "That's disgusting." then puts mustard on his turkey. I then said "I think that's disgusting." and he hasn't said anything since, that was about six years ago.

I'm sick of the prejudices against those who dislike condoments. I grew up being told by everyone I'm a picky eater. Hell no! So condoments are commonly liked well broccolli and asparagus and brussel sprouts are often hated and I love them like no other vegetable. I make my mom buy be those three because they are more delicious than anything....

John Blaze
03-09-2008, 05:29 AM

:lol: exactly!

I like Kraft Mayo, with lime.

Randall Flagg
03-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Its stupid, I was going to add a poll to this thread but it took me over three minutes and now it won't let me.
I added a poll.
Vote now!
Vote often (voter fraud):nope:

MonteGss
03-09-2008, 04:20 PM
It depends on what the situation is.

On a hamburger or sub? Mayo.

Egg salad? Deviled egg? Miracle Whip.

Agreed. Mayo overall is much better but you can't make egg salad with mayo cuz that's just f*cking gross.

Mayo is necessary for Salsa Rosada too.....Mmmm, Pink Sauce.

towerguard
03-09-2008, 04:22 PM

That stuff is a spanish thing, right?

In the mexican(food) section at walmart, along with the taco kits,refried beans, pinto beans,black beans, peppers,and salsa we have started to keep all those candles with Jesus on them over in that section. I have repeatedly brought up that it seems very racist to assume all mexicans want candles with Jesus on them.

Wuducynn
03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
but you can't make egg salad with mayo cuz that's just f*cking gross.

Not only can you make egg salad with mayo, it is gross without it. What? Do you make your egg salad with Miracle Whip like some kind of douche-bag?

Wuducynn
03-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I added a poll.
Vote now!
Vote often (voter fraud):nope:

Hmmmm, mine was a bit more...colorful...but thanks. I'm not sure why its set up to give you a time limit until you make one.

John Blaze
03-09-2008, 05:18 PM

In the mexican(food) section at walmart, along with the taco kits,refried beans, pinto beans,black beans, peppers,and salsa we have started to keep all those candles with Jesus on them over in that section. I have repeatedly brought up that it seems very racist to assume all mexicans want candles with Jesus on them.

It is very rascist. That's like selling all the Jerry Curl kits on the same shelf as pickled pigs feet.

besides, those are catholic candles....

<<not catholic

towerguard
03-09-2008, 05:52 PM

It is very rascist. That's like selling all the Jerry Curl kits on the same shelf as pickled pigs feet.

<<not catholic

I made the comment that we don't sell basketballs next to the watermelon, whiskey next to the potatoes, self help books next to the polish sausage...

obscurejude
03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
While there are many condiments I enjoy, stuff that looks like cum is not on the top of the list.

ATG
03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Mayo. of course.

Wuducynn
03-09-2008, 08:44 PM

<<not catholic

Stop being a whiney, PC little pussy.

Lance
03-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow. This has to go in with the toilet paper thread as one that I never thought would get to a second page. :P

And FTR, Miracle Whip is nasty. Mayo rules. Especially with it's twinner mustard.

obscurejude
03-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah, fuck Miracle Whip. Mustard is my reason for living.

Mattrick
03-09-2008, 11:12 PM
ewww. I don't even like being in the same room with mustard. Anyone see that Jackass crew member who hated Mustard and they got it all over him and he flipped? That would be me. Mustard is the physical reincarnation of the devil and some of you eat him on your hot dogs, for shame.

John Blaze
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM

<<not catholic

Stop being a whiney, PC little pussy.

You're just talking shit because you like sticking those candles up your ass, when lit.

Mattrick
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Ouch, Burn. And that is topical lol. Speaking of that, you better get some topical cream for those cornhole burns.

John Blaze
03-09-2008, 11:24 PM
but you can't make egg salad with mayo cuz that's just f*cking gross.

Not only can you make egg salad with mayo, it is gross without it. What? Do you make your egg salad with Miracle Whip like some kind of douche-bag?

agreed, how can you NOT make egg salad with mayo? Do you make potato salad without mayo too?

MonteGss
03-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Egg Salad has to have Miracle Whip. As I said mentioned, there are only a couple things I can stand to use it with. Egg salad is one.

I voted Mayo cuz it is great and the Whip is gross. But not as gross as egg salad with mayo. ;)

Unfound One
03-10-2008, 02:48 AM
ha this thread is brilliant.
i'm gonna vote for mayo all the way.
hellmann's preferably.
miracle whip is too sweet...

Brice
03-10-2008, 03:06 AM
I like both okay...although 99% of the time I'll use mayonaisse.

Now, I'm a relocated yankee living in the south, but I must agree with Bethany...Duke's mayo IS the best. When I first moved around this area I'd never heard of Duke's. I thought it was a generic or something. Well, I don't know if it's considered generic or not still, but I've forgotten all about Kraft, Hellman's and every other mayo. Now THEY are generic in my mind.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 04:37 AM
You're just talking shit because you like sticking those candles up your ass, when lit.

Yeah, so? Don't rank my life-style choice to the dogs, because I might start crying about how offended I am and that you're not respecting it blah blah blah.

towerguard
03-10-2008, 04:39 AM
You guys are all weird.

I don't get it, I don't know anyone who prefers Mayo to Miracle Whip. Mayo has a weird flavor and texture.

ps= I want a thread for Menthol vs. Regular cig's

Brice
03-10-2008, 04:46 AM
I am leaning towards the opinion that while a this or that thread isn't a bad thing that it should be one thread for all such questions. Of course this is only my personal opinion, but I can just see how it could get carried away having twenty or more threads that basically just ask this or that.

towerguard
03-10-2008, 04:49 AM
I am leaning towards the opinion that while a this or that thread isn't a bad thing that it should be one thread for all such questions. Of course this is only my personal opinion, but I can just see how it could get carried away having twenty or more threads that basically just ask this or that.

Just change the question in this thread once a week.

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 04:52 AM
Yeah, just change this thread title to "This or That?"

Brice
03-10-2008, 04:52 AM
It's something to consider.

Darkthoughts
03-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Good thinking!

I'm mayo all the way on this one.

Menthols vs. regular cigs though...hmmm, not sure I smoke both.

towerguard
03-10-2008, 04:54 AM

Nothing to consider, it's a no hassle no fuss, easy solution. It'll keep fun conversation going..

Storyslinger
03-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Mayo

cozener
03-10-2008, 06:53 AM
On my sandwiches I prefer creamy salad dressings...preferably russian or a ranch...bacon ranch if its not a ham sandwich. But if I had to use mayo or miracle whip I'd go with the miracle whip...I like it a little more...or rather I dislike it less than mayo. But for casserole recipes that call for mayo I use mayo.

mia/susannah
03-10-2008, 07:02 AM
have to use mayo for egg and potatoe salad, it would be a crime not to use mayo for these

Brice
03-10-2008, 07:03 AM

Nothing to consider, it's a no hassle no fuss, easy solution. It'll keep fun conversation going..

Well part of what makes it something to consider as opposed to just rolling with the idea (which I personally like) is that it's not in my section of the site, so it's not really something I can do.

obscurejude
03-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Towerguard,

John Mayer prefers mayo over miracle whip. Maybe you should reconsider.

towerguard
03-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Towerguard,

John Mayer - Merely a Dick or A Dick Who's Fans are Also Dicks. That should be the next poll. :rock:

obscurejude
03-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Why don't you go suck a fuck? :)

towerguard
03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Why don't you go suck a fuck? :)

How does one suck a fuck, Maggie?

obscurejude
03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Her name is Samantha in the movie moron:) Anyways, she explains on her myspace page.

towerguard
03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Her name is Samantha in the movie moron:) Anyways, she explains on her myspace page.

....Her real name is maggie, I was just using it. Anyway, you're fucking weird.

Mattrick
03-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Towerguard,

John Mayer can derelicte my balls...since we're using movie quotes.

Here is a good one.

Tic or Tac?

obscurejude
03-11-2008, 08:32 AM
:lol:

Samanthita
03-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Also, there should be a both choice because I can't pick between mayo and miracle whip. Except to say that "miracle whip" is a really stupid name.

Menthol. Unless you add clove cigarettes to that, cloves win everytime. (Why'd I quit smoking?)

obscurejude
03-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Miracle Whip is what I call my dog. :(

Samanthita
03-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Miracle Whip is what I call my dog. :(

haha.
That's cute. I call my dog squishy.
But I would not want to eat something called squishy.

obscurejude
03-11-2008, 08:46 AM
So, you would like to eat my dog?

Samanthita
03-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Exactly!

towerguard
03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Also, there should be a both choice because I can't pick between mayo and miracle whip. Except to say that "miracle whip" is a really stupid name.

Menthol. Unless you add clove cigarettes to that, cloves win everytime. (Why'd I quit smoking?)

Because you decided you wanted to quit being awesome?
:cool:

j/k

John Blaze
03-11-2008, 05:48 PM
i got a new one for the this or that thread.

but i got to ask, can the poll be changed?

Randall Flagg
03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
i got a new one for the this or that thread.

but i got to ask, can the poll be changed?
I think it could be.
Shall I try?
It is a quick moving thread, but perhaps a poll per day/week can be done.
We don't know till we try-although over the long run it could confuse.
Thoughts?

Too late. I did it. FYI, the old poll was 17 for Mayonnaise
3 for Miracle Whip
3 for Condiments suck.

towerguard
03-12-2008, 04:13 AM
So... whats the new question?

Wuducynn
03-12-2008, 05:11 AM
You get to pick.

towerguard
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
You get to pick.

Well...I still say we need the Menthol vs Reg smokes debate.

Samanthita
03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
I second that.

Wuducynn
03-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Well I'll be bowing out of this, because I smoke cigars not cigarettes.

Woofer
03-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Menthol. :cool:

Also, the poll for the poll shows I already voted, but I swear I didn't. Unless I sleep-voted. I've just been browsing the forum a bit the past few days as I've not felt well plus my replacement copy of The Stand (complete and uncut) arrived ( :rock: ) so I'm reading it. I'm trying to read slowly and savor it. So far, so good. Crazily, I'm loaning it to a coworker (yet another) when I'm done.

towerguard
03-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Now...someone just needs to change the poll and the thread titles

I think "This or That-New Poll Weekly" would be good

John Blaze
03-12-2008, 06:55 PM
idk

i didn't vote either, and it says I did.

Randall Flagg
03-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Now...someone just needs to change the poll and the thread titles

I think "This or That-New Poll Weekly" would be good
Poll changed.
2 days to vote.

towerguard
03-13-2008, 03:59 AM
It needs to be re-set or something, it says I already voted.

Samanthita
03-13-2008, 04:01 AM
I had the same problem.

Brice
03-13-2008, 04:12 AM
I couldn't vote because I smoke both regularly.

TerribleT
03-13-2008, 04:15 AM
Regular, menthol is just NASTAY

Jean
03-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Regular, menthol is just NASTAY
same here

don't worry about the poll: there seems to be unexpected technical problem, but it is being looked into

alinda
03-13-2008, 04:27 AM
Regular for me is best. When I smoke I prefer
Native American cigs ( off the rez)as they are
100% tobacco, no additives. Ultralite 100's
also only 8 dollars a carton......with connections.
Menthol was good back in the day when I was
intoxicated. Sometimes I miss them tho'.

jayson
03-13-2008, 05:56 AM
regular. i used to smoke menthols but they became too harsh for me after awhile. now i don't smoke anymore, but when i did it was regulars.

TerribleT
03-13-2008, 07:29 AM
For the record, I haven't had a cigarette for almost three years. So I guess the correct answer for me now is....neither. :)

Jean
03-13-2008, 07:33 AM
For the record, I haven't had a cigarette for almost three years. So I guess the correct answer for me now is....neither. :)
I haven't had a cigarette for fourteen months, and the correct answer for me still is: regular; red Gauloises; filter; hard pack.

Brice
03-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Don't worry! I've smoked enough for all of y'all in the time since you've quit.

TerribleT
03-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Don't worry! I've smoked enough for all of y'all in the time since you've quit.

Thanks Brice :rofl:

Brice
03-13-2008, 07:39 AM
:lol: Hey, no problem! That's what friends are for. :grouphug:

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Brice, I didn't know they had cigarettes in Canada...was this recent?

Brice
03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
No, although they are made from maple leaves instead of tobacco.

jayson
03-13-2008, 09:33 AM
the next question should be "darkle or tinct?"
this one makes me want a cigarette

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Both, every day.

jayson
03-13-2008, 09:44 AM

Both, every day.

your doctors must be pleased ;)

IWasSentWest
03-13-2008, 10:12 AM
does anybody in the world even enjoy miracle whip? i know ppl buy it bc its healthier and all that bullshit.....but who the fuck could enjoy marketed asshole tasting cum...anybody?

and i enjoy regulars over menthol's for a variety of reasons...most being bc even though i smoke cancer sticks, menthols are worse for you bc of the fiberglass or something like that

and darkle...bc the word sounds better

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 10:20 AM
your doctors must be pleased ;)

Its a reflex

Odetta
03-13-2008, 11:04 AM

you boys are very close to a beating... :shoot:

but you'd both like it too much!

and... for the record, they're made from donut holes and beaver tails.

towerguard
03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
So...there is no way to make a "rolling poll"?

Woofer
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I darkle AND tinct. Why restrict your choices?

blackrose22
03-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Regular for me. Enjoy the odd menthol but the taste a bit strange after a couple of them.

Wuducynn
03-15-2008, 07:38 AM
I darkle AND tinct. Why restrict your choices?

Thats what I say!

Brice
03-15-2008, 08:06 AM
and i enjoy regulars over menthol's for a variety of reasons...most being bc even though i smoke cancer sticks, menthols are worse for you bc of the fiberglass or something like that

This is an urban legend entirely dude. There is no fiberglass in menthol cigarettes.

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/menthol.asp

you boys are very close to a beating... :shoot:

but you'd both like it too much!

and... for the record, they're made from donut holes and beaver tails.

but...you'd like it too O. :huglove:

jayson
03-15-2008, 08:07 AM
... menthols are worse for you bc of the fiberglass or something like that

that's a myth

John Blaze
03-15-2008, 08:21 AM
before the past two posts I had looked it up myself, because I had heard something like this at work.

it's not true. but I guess we already know that.

jayson
03-15-2008, 08:24 AM
i'd heard it before too [esp when i used to smoke them] but i never got around to looking into it. when i read this thread and that post i finally remembered to check it out. i never could imagine it was true, but it is a prevalent myth bc i heard it from a LOT of very diff people.

Unfound One
04-19-2008, 01:15 PM
While arguing with a friend about this the other day, I thought that there's a mayo/miracle whip thread, but I've not seen a peanut butter one.

So.
Crunchy of Creamy?
JIF or Skippy or something else?

I used to be a creamy fan, but here's my recent addiction:
http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/286519.jpg

What's your favorite?

Fall of Gilead
04-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Werebat likes crunchy, for sure.

Darkthoughts
04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Crunchy!

But...be prepared for a merge me thinks, the mayo/miracle whip thread was changed to a general "dis or dat" thread...;)

Unfound One
04-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Ah alrighty, good to know.

Darkthoughts
04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
:couple:

Girlystevedave
04-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Creamy! You guys are crazy!

And it's gotta be Reeses brand too

Wuducynn
04-19-2008, 02:52 PM
http://www.teddie.com/imagesPeanutButter/pbOldFashionedJars200.jpg

MOst other brands are too sugary for my taste.

Patrick
04-19-2008, 04:02 PM
While arguing with a friend about this the other day, I thought that there's a mayo/miracle whip thread, but I've not seen a peanut butter one.

So.
Crunchy of Creamy?
JIF or Skippy or something else?

I used to be a creamy fan, but here's my recent addiction:
http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/286519.jpg

What's your favorite?
That one right there. Skippy Super Chunk has always been my favorite.

Unfound One
04-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Good choice Patrick! :couple:

John Blaze
04-21-2008, 07:22 AM
chunky munky!

the only problem I have with chunky is when it gets stuck in your teeth.

although it happens rarely. As for brands, store name is ok with me, all peanut butters are created equal.

Girlystevedave
04-21-2008, 07:25 AM

Oh Waah! Cry me a river CK.:dance: Can somebody not handle they're shooga?

Odetta
04-21-2008, 07:28 AM

I LOVE organic peanut butter for primarily the same reason!

mia/susannah
04-21-2008, 07:32 AM
I like any peanut butter, crunchy or creamy, don't matter, brand dont matter either

obscurejude
04-21-2008, 08:23 AM
I like smooth, but I'll eat anything peanut butter related. Being a vegetarian, this is probably my number one source of protein. I eat at least one jar a week.

John Blaze
04-21-2008, 08:27 AM
roaches are high in protein.

just eat meat, you sissy.

obscurejude
04-21-2008, 08:29 AM
:rolleyes:

Matt
04-21-2008, 08:48 AM
I love the butter--crunchy for me.

razz
06-18-2008, 03:45 PM
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animals/animal0062.gif or http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animals/animal0070.gif
being a good friend, I'll vote for you, k turtlesong?

The Lady of Shadows
06-18-2008, 03:46 PM
you just better remember that i know where you live you little wanker. :evil:

well, okay, not really but still.

Jean
06-19-2008, 12:50 AM
warning: after some amount of voting, this thread is going to be merged with Mayo or Miracle Whip? The "This or That" Thread

Letti
06-19-2008, 12:51 AM
Anyway... what's the question? *is unsure*

mia/susannah
06-19-2008, 03:46 AM
I love turtles so had to of course vote for them.

Letti
06-19-2008, 03:54 AM
I have two turtles - Roland and Matu - so let's go for turtles.

theBeamisHome
06-19-2008, 04:42 AM
turtles!!! like Speed from the swan princess

alinda
06-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Turtles here too, and not because they are better to eat either! :lol:

Girlystevedave
06-19-2008, 05:41 AM
OKay, so it depends on the question. Turtles are cuter, but Snails could be destroyed with a salt shaker. So, is your question: Who do I like more? Or..Who would I rather go up against in battle?
Although, they are both rather slow...so :orely: They probbaly both wouldn't put up a good fight...Or I'd be there all day waiting and waiting on them
Can I say neither? :)

Brice
06-19-2008, 05:42 AM
OKay, so it depends on the question. Turtles are cuter, but Snails could be destroyed with a salt shaker. So, is your question: Who do I like more? Or..Who would I rather go up against in battle?
Although, they are both rather slow...so :orely:

What if the question is which is faster? :lol:

Girlystevedave
06-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Oh..we'd be here a while then

Brice
06-19-2008, 05:45 AM
:rofl:

jayson
06-19-2008, 05:51 AM
Turtles are cute, Snails are slugs with shells. Turtles should win this one by a landslide

Girlystevedave
06-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Maybe the poll is: Which one is more hideous? :orely:

theBeamisHome
06-19-2008, 05:55 AM
there's a turtle that stays in the creek by my parents house in jerz that looks like a freakin dinosaur... well he probably is.. anyway one time it was in our back yard and Keylo was going crazy barking at it and running around it.

Odetta
06-23-2008, 06:40 AM
ok... this thread is now being merged with the This or That thread...

The Lady of Shadows
06-23-2008, 01:11 PM
:gasp:

liz, you voted for the snail??????

:faint:

lophophoras
06-24-2008, 03:28 AM
As a kid I hated mayo and would only eat Miracle Whip. These days I refuse to eat MW because it really has a strange taste. Have they changed something about it or do your taste buds change with age? Hmm...

mia/susannah
06-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Mayo all the way. Never could stand Miracle whip

theBeamisHome
06-24-2008, 05:22 AM
Mayo!!! I use MW if i have to but I also don't really like the tanginess.

Odetta
06-24-2008, 06:33 AM
How about the age old question...

:pirate: or :ninja:

jayson
06-24-2008, 06:35 AM
which would I rather be? definitely a ninja. much more badass than a pirate

mia/susannah
06-24-2008, 06:38 AM
ninja as well

theBeamisHome
06-24-2008, 07:02 AM
:ninja:

razz
06-24-2008, 09:23 AM

Brice
06-24-2008, 09:35 AM

As a kid I hated mayo and would only eat Miracle Whip. These days I refuse to eat MW because it really has a strange taste. Have they changed something about it or do your taste buds change with age? Hmm...

Your perception of taste (as does all of your perceptions) changes throughout your entire life.

mia/susannah
06-24-2008, 09:43 AM
What kind of jelly do you prefer?

My favorite is Strawberry. I like grape as well.

Darkthoughts
06-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Bonne Maman Morello Cherry is my favourite jam ever. I really like Bramble jelly, blueberry jam and damson jam too though :thumbsup:

mia/susannah
06-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I have never tried cherry jam. I don't think I have ever even saw it. When In I go to the store tomorrow. I will look for some and try it. I like cherries.

Darkthoughts
06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Its lovely! I'm in the UK so I don't know if you'd get the Bonne Maman brand there.

mia/susannah
06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Probably not. But will look anyways. maybe I will get lucky. I will let you know

Darkthoughts
06-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Well I hope you get lucky! Let me know if not and I'll send you some :)

theBeamisHome
06-24-2008, 10:56 AM
oooo... and along those lines... jelly or jam?

i prefer jam... and i like strawberry or grape

Girlystevedave
06-24-2008, 10:58 AM
My favorite jelly depends on how I'm eating it.
PB & J sandwich: gotta be grape jelly
Buttered toast: Apple jelly all the way

The Lady of Shadows
06-24-2008, 03:36 PM
i'm definitely a strawberry jam girl. :)

also - :ninja: turtle!!!!!

and i don't like slimy stuff on my food so neither mayo nor miracle whip thanks. :bleh:

mia/susannah
06-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I like jam and jelly. Apple jelly is pretty good as well

razz
06-24-2008, 04:38 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a328/duke-cannon/millenium_falcon.jpg

VS.

http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/star_trek_enterprise.jpg

The Lady of Shadows
06-24-2008, 04:49 PM
:unsure:

what is that first thing? is that the millenium falcon? or something else?

ETA: and wtf is an NX-01? i thought all the enterprises were something like ncc17 something or other. or is that a movie rating? :confusedturtle:

razz
06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
yep millenium falcon. and i just pick a random enterprise.

razz
06-24-2008, 04:51 PM
i assume as long as we argue over something, we can't be accused of going off topic, no?

Odetta
06-24-2008, 05:29 PM
millenium falcon... hands down

Erin
06-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Oooohhh, that's a toughie, but i'll have to go with the Falcon.

obscurejude
06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Wouldn't the enterprise be a 100x's the size of the falcon?

razz
06-24-2008, 05:34 PM
i Trekkie. enjoy movies, but no further. i didn't try to build a lightsaber or millennium Falcon. I DID build an enterprise from a floppy disk

Zalia
06-24-2008, 06:26 PM
This is a constant debate in my family. Myself and my sister are mayo all the way. But, my mom, dad, brother-in-law and fiancé are miracle whip.

But defiantly Hellman's mayo for me.

Mmmmm french fries and mayo :drool:

mia/susannah
06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Mmmmm french fries and mayo

theBeamisHome
06-25-2008, 04:02 AM
This is a constant debate in my family. Myself and my sister are mayo all the way. But, my mom, dad, brother-in-law and fiancé are miracle whip.

But defiantly Hellman's mayo for me.

Mmmmm french fries and mayo :drool:

Ditto this mmmm

Oh... and I think I choose the millenium falcon.... cuz i just very recently saw all the star wars and i haven't been forced by Nigel to watch all the Star Trek (impossible!!)... yet.. he makes me watch some.. but I did watch a lil Trek when i was lil.... sooo.... idk... hard choice.

The Lady of Shadows
06-25-2008, 10:17 AM
wooohooo! 19 votes for turtles!!!!! :huglove: and i'm still waiting for that explanation, liz! :lol:

obscurejude
06-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I voted snail.

The Lady of Shadows
06-26-2008, 04:33 PM
liar. :P

jayson
06-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Ryan, did you cast your vote in the State of Florida bc it appears not to have counted :evil:

The Lady of Shadows
06-26-2008, 07:42 PM
it counted. right there he is. he voted turtle like all good and loyal palaverites.

well, jean i forgive cause he's the other half of our beam. :huglove:

liz on the other hand still owes me an explanation. :shoot:

obscurejude
06-26-2008, 08:04 PM
liar. :P

I really thought that I did, but upon further examination, I bore false witness. Hang me and put me out of my existential crises.

The Lady of Shadows
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
you thought you did, but subconsciously you knew you could not vote against the turtle. so it must have been ka! :)

Jon
06-29-2008, 10:24 PM
*Bites into his cum and cheese sandwich*

Mmmm mmmmm

**Just wants all to know that it is MY cum on Matthew's sandwich.**

Wuducynn
06-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Who elses??

theBeamisHome
07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
mine

Wuducynn
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
mine

:huglove:

Still Servant
02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
I need your help in settling an argument. I realized the other day that my Mom and Dad both use the index finger to operate a remote control for the TV.

My sister and I (like normal humans) both use our thumbs. So I thought it might be interesting to see what other people use. I always assumed that most people use their thumbs, but maybe I'm mistaken.

This kind of stuff always interests me. A while back I started a thread about which way people place their rolls of toilet paper, over or under. It was overwhelming for the over on this site and my real life results.

You under people are an odd bunch.

fernandito
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
El Thumb, of course!

Matt
02-26-2009, 03:51 PM
By all that is holy...thumb.

Chap
02-26-2009, 03:52 PM
thumb indeed. :)

ClicheGuevara
02-26-2009, 03:55 PM
so far we got 5 thumbs. . index finger is just strange.

Woofer
02-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I go both ways.

fernandito
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
WOAAAAHHH THERE! :lol:

Heather19
02-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Thumb! Just now for fun I tried to use my index finger, and it was near impossible.

Sam
02-26-2009, 04:32 PM
I use both thumb and index fingers.

SigTauGimp
02-26-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm a thumb kid for the most part.

Still Servant
02-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Great poll results. My Mom is going to feel so dumb. :lol:

I tried using my index finger and it's just wrong.

My Mom feels that since I grew up playing video games, using my thumb seems more natural. I will have to observe more people her age to see if there is some sort of relevance to her age theory.

AlishaRiley
02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
THUMB, of course!

Jon
02-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Index finger.

I am always inputting a variety of numbers in the discovery family of channels. My service provider seems to take delight in splitting up like channels. My "favorites button" only hold 3 channels. I cannot punch the numbers accurately with the thumb.

The Lady of Shadows
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM

isn't this why we have thumbs?

sleeplessdwarf
02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
thumb only for me. Odd thing is I only use my middle finger when I type on my phone's keyboard.

Woofer
02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
There is no vote button for both equally, so I can't vote.