PDA

View Full Version : Hearts in Suspension

amd013
09-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Has any one read this? Surprised there is no thread on it already, or did I miss it somewhere else?

I haven't read it yet, and in fact it is still in the shrinkwrap. Being it is non-fiction I am not sure I plan to. Having said that, I have read his other non-fiction novels so far: Danse Macabre, Nightmares in the Sky, On Writing, Secret Windows and even Faithful.

Just wondering how much of it is written by him and how much by classmates. Is it interesting? Just trying to decide if I should remove the shrinkwrap and read it, wait for a paperback version, or skip it.

So far the only books I haven't read yet are Hearts in Suspension, GBB (waiting for paperback). (well also TNLR, and the Plant)

Mike

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Heck, I haven't even gotten to MR. MERCEDES yet. The last King book I read was REVIVAL, which I liked very much, thank you.

Bev Vincent
09-05-2017, 03:59 AM
Has any one read this? Surprised there is no thread on it already, or did I miss it somewhere else?

I haven't read it yet, and in fact it is still in the shrinkwrap. Being it is non-fiction I am not sure I plan to. Having said that, I have read his other non-fiction novels so far: Danse Macabre, Nightmares in the Sky, On Writing, Secret Windows and even Faithful.

Just wondering how much of it is written by him and how much by classmates. Is it interesting? Just trying to decide if I should remove the shrinkwrap and read it, wait for a paperback version, or skip it.

So far the only books I haven't read yet are Hearts in Suspension, GBB (waiting for paperback). (well also TNLR, and the Plant)

Mike

In addition to the "Hearts in Atlantis" reprint, King's essay “Five to One, One in Five” is a little over 50 pages. Here's my review: http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/review-hearts-suspension-stephen-king-others/

Ben Mears
09-06-2017, 03:57 AM
It's an interesting read. Well worth the time to do so.

amd013
09-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Thanks Bev and Ben, I will give it a try. May end up skipping some things if it gets boring.