PDA

View Full Version : 2017 SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

webstar1000
08-15-2017, 07:42 AM
Well everyone, it is that time of year again:) 132 sleeps from today in fact before the Jolly man visits our homes with lots of gifts and cheer. And the people here.. well we like King related gifts! So, as the last few years have gone, here are the rules. If anyone wants to tweak them, feel free to offer suggestions. The timing will give lots of notice to people to be creative and find that perfect gift. RF has offered to help again and of course we all thank him for that:)

1) Please comment if your in and send RF a PM with your name and full address to be involved.
2) RF will draw names according to region. US/Canada and Europe I think is how that will go.
3) Please try to give gifts that are no more than $100US dollars. Some can afford more yes... but some cannot. No one wants to feel bad for what they give. Creativity is key here...
4) Gifts MUST be mailed before Xmas. You can check how long it takes for your package to arrive BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE IT ARRIVES NO LATE THAN DECEMBER 24th.
5) RF will choose a cut off for joining the fun and will let us all know. I think it was late September last year.
6) PLEASE wrap your gifts. Opening them is part of the fun. Some did an amazing job last year as this.
7) BE CREATIVE. Look through collection threads.. ask friends of the person whom was chosen for you. Spend a little time on it... that is part of the giving process:)

I think that is it everyone:) If you have any questions... just ask! AND Merry Christmas to all for 2017!!!!!!!!!! Let's have some fun!

Shannon
08-15-2017, 07:54 AM
I'm in. I love Secret Santa.

becca69
08-15-2017, 08:18 AM
I'm in.

dnemec
08-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Me too! It has been so much fun in the past!

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Yep, Im in :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseannebarr
08-15-2017, 10:25 AM
im in!

TCCBodhi
08-15-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm in. This is one of my favorite events of the year.

bdwyer19
08-15-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm in!!

Stockerlone
08-15-2017, 12:00 PM
I'm in.

wolfehr
08-15-2017, 02:05 PM
I'm in

jsmcmullen92
08-15-2017, 03:45 PM
Definitely in!

webstar1000
08-15-2017, 04:08 PM
11 so far including me!!! Be nice to get 25+ members:)

Roseannebarr
08-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Well everyone, it is that time of year again:) 132 sleeps from today in fact before the Jolly man visits our homes with lots of gifts and cheer. And the people here.. well we like King related gifts! So, as the last few years have gone, here are the rules. If anyone wants to tweak them, feel free to offer suggestions. The timing will give lots of notice to people to be creative and find that perfect gift. RF has offered to help again and of course we all thank him for that:)

1) Please comment if your in and send RF a PM with your name and full address to be involved.
2) RF will draw names according to region. US/Canada and Europe I think is how that will go.
3) Please try to give gifts that are no more than $100US dollars. Some can afford more yes... but some cannot. No one wants to feel bad for what they give. Creativity is key here...
4) Gifts MUST be mailed before Xmas. You can check how long it takes for your package to arrive BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE IT ARRIVES NO LATE THAN DECEMBER 24th.
5) RF will choose a cut off for joining the fun and will let us all know. I think it was late September last year.
6) PLEASE wrap your gifts. Opening them is part of the fun. Some did an amazing job last year as this.
7) BE CREATIVE. Look through collection threads.. ask friends of the person whom was chosen for you. Spend a little time on it... that is part of the giving process:)

I think that is it everyone:) If you have any questions... just ask! AND Merry Christmas to all for 2017!!!!!!!!!! Let's have some fun!

I would think you would want to set a minimum (not a maximum). But that's just me.

webstar1000
08-15-2017, 05:05 PM

I would think you would want to set a minimum (not a maximum). But that's just me.

We never did that in years past though my man... I don't know. See what RF thinks

sharki69
08-15-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm in. Its my favorite Jewish holiday!!!

C1TIZEN_X
08-15-2017, 06:31 PM
First time I've had the opportunity to do this. Can't decide if I want to commit yet as I am unsure how it works. I don't suppose someone can give me some examples of previous gifts? With the spending limit I assume books are pretty much out.

stroppygoblin
08-16-2017, 01:35 AM
First time I've had the opportunity to do this. Can't decide if I want to commit yet as I am unsure how it works. I don't suppose someone can give me some examples of previous gifts? With the spending limit I assume books are pretty much out.

Here are the threads from previous years:

2014 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18852-Secret-Santa&highlight=secret+santa)
2015 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19299-SECRET-SANTA-2015&highlight=secret+santa)
2016 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20593-SECRET-SANTA-2016&highlight=secret+santa)

As you can see, it's become quite a tradition.

stroppygoblin
08-16-2017, 01:35 AM
Oh and I'm in again, of course!

peripheral
08-16-2017, 02:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Yep, I'm in...

C1TIZEN_X
08-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Okay, I wanna play too. I'm gonna need to reach out to some forum "veterans" for advice once I find out who my recipient is.

Randall Flagg
08-16-2017, 03:22 PM

Books are not out for US participants as Media Mail shipping for a book within the US is usually $6 or less. For international participants (even Canada to GB, Europe etc.) books can be prohibitive to ship.
That's where research, and imagination are your friend.

webstar1000
08-16-2017, 03:59 PM

Books are not out for US participants as Media Mail shipping for a book within the US is usually $6 or less. For international participants (even Canada to GB, Europe etc.) books can be prohibitive to ship.
That's where research, and imagination are your friend.

RF is right... I have gotten some damm cool stuff!

AstroDad
08-17-2017, 08:52 PM
sign me up, I love this!

sentinel
08-18-2017, 05:42 AM
I'm in again.

Shannon
08-18-2017, 08:36 AM
LokiJake was my Secret Santa last year, sent me the perfect gift of the Star Wars blu-ray collection. Woot woot!

burial
08-18-2017, 11:03 AM
I'm in!!!

Brian861
08-22-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm in again as well. My SS hit it out of the park last year and hooked me up with my first ever SK sig! Plus a custom Remarque of my choice!

webstar1000
08-23-2017, 03:28 AM
RF, when do you want the deadline to be for who is in and who is not?

Randall Flagg
08-23-2017, 05:11 AM
September 30, 2017

webstar1000
08-23-2017, 05:32 AM
September 30, 2017

Thanks RF!

wizardsrainbow
08-25-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm on board

Randall Flagg
08-25-2017, 05:59 PM
FYI,

people that post still need to email me their info.

The SS would work best if we have no less than 10 international, and 20 US members that join.

Randall Flagg
09-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Need more people to join the party!

becca69
09-15-2017, 01:25 PM
I emailed a while ago. Just verifying.

Randall Flagg
09-15-2017, 02:11 PM
We have less than 20 US, which is still doable, but only 4 or five international isn't going to work.

webstar1000
09-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Maybe this year put everyone in one basket regardless of country?

bdwyer19
09-15-2017, 03:14 PM

No... I'd rather not ship across the pond. If packages exceed 4 pounds, shipping charges are ridiculous.

HONKYTONKSMASH
09-15-2017, 03:40 PM
I'd be fine with being thrown into the international lot or whatever's clever :thumbsup:

dnemec
09-15-2017, 03:42 PM

No... I'd rather not ship across the pond. If packages exceed 4 pounds, shipping charges are ridiculous.

Agree. Rather spend the money on gifts than postage!

TravelinJack
09-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Late to the party, but I'm in.

peripheral
09-15-2017, 10:01 PM
(And I'm entirely fine to skip this year if international can't work) :thumbsup:

stroppygoblin
09-16-2017, 03:55 AM
I’m happy to ship to US and I have a US mail forwarder, so happy to be in the US group.

peripheral
09-16-2017, 04:05 AM
(And I'm entirely fine to skip this year if international can't work) :thumbsup:

I should add - I don't mind shipping OS, of course. Im in Australia - I'm used to it. But I understand that those used to shipping locally in the US may not want to hit Aus...

Brian861
09-16-2017, 04:19 AM

I should add - I don't mind shipping OS, of course. Im in Australia - I'm used to it. But I understand that those used to shipping locally in the US may not want to hit Aus...

Seems to be so much more ridiculous in cost coming out of here vs. you guys shipping to us (US). I know it doesn't seem to cost me much at all to get stuff from the UK anyway. Other places might be different. My OS stuff is pretty much all UK.

The Library Policeman
09-16-2017, 07:14 AM
I've participated the past few years but giving it a miss going forward.

Enjoy, all who are involved.

webstar1000
09-18-2017, 03:58 AM

Can I ask why?

The Library Policeman
09-18-2017, 10:44 AM

Can I ask why?

Sure, Kris. I just find it very limiting (and a tad unfair) seperating USA and Rest of world. I've had to ship to Canada previously, which was fine, and I could realistically be drawn to ship to Australia, which would also be fine, but it would cost me just as much to ship to America - yet I can't receive anything from there. It also limits what you can RECEIVE as a gift due to the lack of rest of world numbers involved. I was drawn as the recipient for the same guy two years running. The gifts were really great, don't get me wrong - but all the cool stuff is in America - let's be honest! :evil:

Like I said, hope everyone involved has a blast! Just not for me any more.

burial
09-18-2017, 11:32 AM
I think I can ship to US too...

webstar1000
09-18-2017, 01:54 PM
I've participated the past few years but giving it a miss going forward.i

Can I ask why?

Sure, Kris. I just find it very limiting (and a tad unfair) seperating USA and Rest of world. I've had to ship to Canada previously, which was fine, and I could realistically be drawn to ship to Australia, which would also be fine, but it would cost me just as much to ship to America - yet I can't receive anything from there. It also limits what you can RECEIVE as a gift due to the lack of rest of world numbers involved. I was drawn as the recipient for the same guy two years running. The gifts were really great, don't get me wrong - but all the cool stuff is in America - let's be honest! :evil:

Like I said, hope everyone involved has a blast! Just not for me any more.

That makes perfect sense to me!

Randall Flagg
09-18-2017, 02:22 PM
The reason that there isn't one simple pool is that in the past (and Kris you know what I speak of) members tried to send books (heavy) to others. Easy in the USA as a 4lb. media mail book ships for $5.
The same book sent to Australia costs $70.

I have tried, hinted that the best gifts need not be "heavy". A cool print, a promo flyer, a wonderful paperback, a hand written note attached...

all can be sent worldwide.
Stop thinking books, and think outside/inside the box.

A used ticket and the promo flyer for a King event with a handwritten note attached could be sent anywhere in the world for less than $10

becca69
09-18-2017, 02:49 PM
The reason that there isn't one simple pool is that in the past (and Kris you know what I speak of) members tried to send books (heavy) to others. Easy in the USA as a 4lb. media mail book ships for $5.
The same book sent to Australia costs $70.

I have tried, hinted that the best gifts need not be "heavy". A cool print, a promo flyer, a wonderful paperback, a hand written note attached...

all can be sent worldwide.
Stop thinking books, and think outside/inside the box.

A used ticket and the promo flyer for a King event with a handwritten note attached could be sent anywhere in the world for less than $10

Or possibly order something for them thru their version of Amazon/equivalent shipped direct?? And Book Depository ships worldwide for free.

Randall Flagg
09-18-2017, 02:59 PM
I know that in the past, there were several complaints about shipping expenses. People spent quite a bit, and then complained of the "cheap" gift they received from someone else.

If someone has a brilliant solution, please say so.

NeedfulKings
09-20-2017, 05:24 AM
I'm in. The stress of finding gifts is far outweighed by the excitement of the secret sled carrying the secret Santa gifts. :)

I'll send you my info, RF.

webstar1000
09-20-2017, 05:34 AM
Yes PLEASE SEND RF THE INFO. I think Becca hit the nail on the head too. I never thought of that. Say you got a name in the UK... use Ebay UK, Abe or whatever and have it sent direct. NO, you cannot wrap it but at least you can send them something pretty cool.

AstroDad
09-22-2017, 10:52 AM
sign me up, I love this!

I don't think I sent my info to RF, but just to avoid confusion I think it is best I skip it this year. Not a reflection on the event itself at all, I love it and am certain I will participate again, but Harvey cleanup and dealing with the aftermath (not me directly, but a lot of family) has me running in circles and I fear I won't be able to give this the attention it deserves and don't want to disappoint anyone by being late or not a well thought out gift, etc.

Can't wait to see everyone else's gifts!

Priest
09-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Still good to join ? So I'm in - would also pay us shipping if needed

Also have an us forwarder

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

andyg75
09-23-2017, 11:46 AM
I'm in and happy to ship to wherever I need to ship too :thumbsup:

bdwyer19
10-11-2017, 09:41 AM
We’re getting closer to Christmas... When will we be notified of who our recipient will be?

Randall Flagg
10-11-2017, 11:43 AM
We’re getting closer to Christmas... When will we be notified of who our recipient will be?
I still haven't received every participants mailing address.

stroppygoblin
10-11-2017, 02:57 PM

Do you have mine? I don't think i responded specifically to this, but I have sent it recently on another matter.

Randall Flagg
10-11-2017, 03:26 PM

Do you have mine? I don't think i responded specifically to this, but I have sent it recently on another matter.
I store the address PM's in a separate file to make it easier. I even PM'd myself my own address.:coo3l:

burial
10-11-2017, 11:54 PM

What about overseas participants?
Are they in?
Because I don't know if I should ship my address or find a forwarder...

Randall Flagg
10-12-2017, 04:40 AM
Looks like we have 18 US/Canada participants, and 6 international.

webstar1000
10-12-2017, 04:42 AM
Looks like we have 18 US/Canada participants, and 6 international.

Are you missing anyone's address?

Randall Flagg
10-12-2017, 04:51 AM
Yes. I just sent out 2 bulk PM's asking.

Stockerlone
10-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Jerome your PM box is FULL...

Randall Flagg
10-12-2017, 08:05 AM
That should not be the case. I have ~14,000 PM's received and sent, but my limit is 65,000.

Randall Flagg
10-14-2017, 04:12 PM
All Us and Canada participants should have been notified today.

Still waiting on 2 International addressees.

dnemec
10-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Let the stalking begin!!!!!! :ninja:

Shannon
10-14-2017, 06:08 PM
I love Secret Santaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Whoever has me has it easy: I'm a Disney movie collector, and the sections that need the most work are DVDs, VHS, Laserdisc, and Beta. I have tons of Blu-Rays, but only have a few DVDs, mostly limited editions, so that'd be super easy. New in plastic, please and thank you. Or ... some candy. Or ... lint from your dryer. I'm easy and appreciative either way, lol Woot woot! Thanks!

C1TIZEN_X
10-14-2017, 06:17 PM
I love Secret Santaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Whoever has me has it easy: I'm a Disney movie collector, and the sections that need the most work are DVDs, VHS, Laserdisc, and Beta. I have tons of Blu-Rays, but only have a few DVDs, mostly limited editions, so that'd be super easy. New in plastic, please and thank you. Or ... some candy. Or ... lint from your dryer. I'm easy and appreciative either way, lol Woot woot! Thanks!

Dammit, I wish I had your name :)

jsmcmullen92
10-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Sorry for whoever has me... I'll update my thread soon... stupid photobucket.

TCCBodhi
10-14-2017, 06:45 PM
There are LOTS of very reasonable US 1sts that I'm missing for whoever has me. I'd love a package that filled in some of my gaps. My Collection Thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?15046-Book-Collection-TCCBodhi) is up to date.

Randall Flagg
10-15-2017, 10:35 AM
All international participants have been notified.

Room 217 Caretaker
10-16-2017, 07:12 AM
Sorry for whoever has me... I'll update my thread soon... stupid photobucket.

Hahaha...Josh will be easy to buy for...he wants pictures of buckets.

Are you paying attention Secret Santa?

Mulleins

webstar1000
10-16-2017, 07:13 AM
Whoever got me... I have no idea what I want. haha I do need a fine UK IT 1st:):):) Looking for a fine Duddits German hardcover... Other than that I am not sure but I wish you the best of luck!

stroppygoblin
10-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Who ever gets me, I am SO EASY to please...

I don't mind which chapter of the Plant it is...
If the tips of the bullets on the lettered Regulator are tarnished or have left an imprint on the Tray case, thats fine...
If it's a second print in the NLR set, not a problem...
and if that S/L Gunslinger has a faded spine (as long as its not too faded of course!) then I'll be a happy bunny.

(I have no idea why my wife thinks it's difficult to buy me presents :evil:)

burial
10-16-2017, 08:02 AM
Whoever got me...
I'm into US 1st/1st editions (still missing few common - link to the list in my signature below) and also king related gadgets, promo items, postcards, keyrings etc...

C1TIZEN_X
10-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Whoever got my name, I shouldn't be too difficult. Like some others, I am shy some 1st/1st editions, both US and UK.

US 1st editions I am missing are Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, Danse Macabre, Different Seasons, Thinner, The Talisman, The Bachman Books, and On Writing. And, yes, I am aware the value for most of these is way above this exercise. Just wanted to put them all on here. Maybe someone will hit the Powerball and feel generous :)

Other than that, any King related ARC's/Proofs would be cool, as well as anything IT related, especially foreign editions. You can see the one's I currently have in my gallery (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=963).

becca69
10-16-2017, 09:47 AM

If the tips of the bullets on the lettered Regulator are tarnished or have left an imprint on the Tray case, thats fine...
and if that S/L Gunslinger has a faded spine (as long as its not too faded of course!) then I'll be a happy bunny.

I wish I had gotten you for my SS recipient... such an easy and affordable list! :wtf:

Randall Flagg
10-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Whoever got my name, I shouldn't be too difficult. Like some others, I am shy some 1st/1st editions, both US and UK.

and On Writing. And, yes, I am aware the value for most of these is way above this exercise. Just wanted to put them all on here. Maybe someone will hit the Powerball and feel generous :)

On Writing is not an expensive book.

Roseannebarr
10-16-2017, 01:49 PM
Listing the UK books that I own -1st edition 1st printing (all unsigned)

Thinner
Firestarter
Pet Semetary
Christine
Eyes of the Dragon
Misery
Tommyknockers
Dark Half
The Stand Complete and Uncut
Needful Things
Geralds Game
Insomnia
Dolores Claiborne
Desperation
Bag of Bones
Girl who loved tom Gordon
Skeleton Crew
Different Seasons
Blockade Billy
Everythings Eventual
Hearts in Atlantis
Bazaar of Bad Dreams
Revival
Mercedes Trilogy
Dr Sleep
the wind through the keyhole
11/22/63
Duma Key
From a Buick 8
Black House
Blaze
Four past midnite
Dream catcher

Missing UK Books First Editions
Carrie
Salem's Lot
The Shining
Rage
Night Shift
The Stand
The Long Walk
The Dead Zone
Dance Macabre
Road Work
Cujo
The Gunslinger
The Running Man
The COTW paperback
The Talisman
The Bachman Books
Dark Tower II
The Dark Tower Wastelands
Nightmares & Dreamscapes
Rose Madder
Regulators
Green Mile
Dark Tower Wizard&Glass
Storm of The Century
Secret Windows
Dark Tower Wolves of Calla
Dark Tower Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower
Faithful
The Colorado Kid
Cell
Lisey's Story
Just After Sunset
Under the Dome
Full Dark No STars
Joyland-
On Writing
11/22/63
Silver bullet
Little sisters

Proofs that I own, never thought of myself as a proof collector, but I have the reasonably priced proofs.

Pet Semetary
Dark Half
Needful Things
Geralds Game
Insomnia
Dolores Claiborne
Desperation
Dream Catcher
Everythings Eventual
Hearts in atlantis
Bazaar of Bad dreams
Bag of Bones
Revival
Mercedes Trilogy
Just After Sunset
Dr. Sleep
11/22/63
From a Buick 8
Black House
Four Past Midnite
Liseys Story
On Writing
Rose Madder
Talisman
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Regulators
Gunslinger Grant 3 - 6 Missing 1 2 and wind through the keyhole
Blaze

CD Proofs
IT
Shining
Salems Lot
Secretary dreams 1 & 2
Screamplays
Blockade bill
full dark no stars

other

in sunlight of shadows

Randall Flagg
10-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to post what you don't have? Or perhaps a modest wish list?

Roseannebarr
10-16-2017, 02:20 PM
I just copied my personal checklist. I can modify tonight

stroppygoblin
10-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to post what you don't have? Or perhaps a modest wish list?

Yeah, that's what I did... :evil:

Brian861
10-16-2017, 05:42 PM

I wish I had gotten you for my SS recipient... such an easy and affordable list! :wtf:

Take a check, Simon? :evil: Simon is always the best not so SS in the off-season for us UK junkies.

Brian861
10-16-2017, 05:55 PM
I keep my collection thread up to date but have a lot of stuff pending all the time as well. So for my SS, the main two items that come to mind are: US 1st/1st of Gwendy's BB signed by Chizmar or a UK 1st/1st copy of SB signed by Owen that I missed preordering. My fondness of Hill is no secret but I'm either caught up on his stuff or it's pending. Oh, and I love slipcases :excited: I'll never get caught on those!

NeedfulKings
10-16-2017, 06:19 PM
I hope I'm pretty easy. I don't have a lot so there are a lot of options - my collection thread has a few recent pictures (note: I'm NeedfulKings - not needfulthings). :)

Fun stuff!

C1TIZEN_X
10-16-2017, 06:23 PM

US 1st editions I am missing are Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, Danse Macabre, Different Seasons, Thinner, The Talisman, The Bachman Books, and On Writing. And, yes, I am aware the value for most of these is way above this exercise. Just wanted to put them all on here. Maybe someone will hit the Powerball and feel generous :)

Other than that, any King related ARC's/Proofs would be cool, as well as anything IT related, especially foreign editions. You can see the one's I currently have in my gallery (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=963).

The ARC's I have are Bag of Bones, Dream catcher, Lisey's Story and Everything's Eventual.

bdwyer19
10-17-2017, 03:33 AM
I have updated my collection thread with pictures and notes for my Secret Santa.

Room 217 Caretaker
10-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Ralphie’s Secret Santa Wish List:

I love the Shining (that’s a given) and can never have enough.

Folio Shining (unsigned one). I know that’s high, but on my want list
Sleeping Beauties CD Slipcase (I thought I had one order but just found out I don’t. I missed it)
First Printing of The Dark Man
IT Blu-ray (mini-series)
Dark Tower or King related T-Shirts are fun (large)
Christmas cookies…yummy!
Chocolates
Wine

I’m going to be gone December 1st-18th and no connection. Completely unplugged. I’m sending my gifts out early due to this. If you are my SS and want to wait until mid-December to send, it’s OK.

Brian861
10-17-2017, 05:54 AM
Ralphie’s Secret Santa Wish List:

I love the Shining (that’s a given) and can never have enough.

Folio Shining (unsigned one). I know that’s high, but on my want list
Sleeping Beauties CD Slipcase (I thought I had one order but just found out I don’t. I missed it)
First Printing of The Dark Man
IT Blu-ray (mini-series)
Dark Tower or King related T-Shirts are fun (large)
Christmas cookies…yummy!
Chocolates
Wine

I’m going to be gone December 1st-18th and no connection. Completely unplugged. I’m sending my gifts out early due to this. If you are my SS and want to wait until mid-December to send, it’s OK.

Love the unplugged trip, Ralph!

dnemec
10-17-2017, 07:17 AM
Updating thread now, Santa!

Roseannebarr
10-17-2017, 07:41 AM
Any UK sleeping beauties. Except snake. Would be fun too! Especially the peacock

becca69
10-17-2017, 08:21 AM
I added a hint list in my collection thread, but don't feel like you need to use it.

Roseannebarr
10-17-2017, 01:24 PM
I added a hint list in my collection thread, but don't feel like you need to use it.

ditto for me. i have been very lucky in the last few years!

TravelinJack
10-17-2017, 06:32 PM
Been hectic lately with work, haven’t been as active on the site. Whoever has me, I’d like to make it easier for you. If you go to this website https://www.ka-tet19.net I really like their stuff and have a few T-shirts from them, but would be happy to have a random surprise couple of hoodies. I usually go with XL because it will likely shrink after a wash.

Please don’t feel the need to buy the above, if you already have something in mind. I’ve been fortunate to build up my book and art collection and SK Knick Knacks of any kind are fun and I’ll be happy with whatever is sent. A big thank you in advance Santa.

jsmcmullen92
10-20-2017, 10:59 AM
first present I ordered for the SS has now arrived. Just hope they don't have it already :D
pulled 2 from my own shelves so you get a little of my personal collection and some stuff tailored just for you!

andyg75
10-20-2017, 11:26 AM
A couple of Secret Santa gifts ordered today, and the feelers out on a little surprise too. This is fun!!! 😀

Brian861
10-21-2017, 06:37 AM
How do you guys mail out your SS gifts without giving yourselves away? I assume the P.O. requires a return address so one can't leave that blank. I went through a third party last year so it wasn't an issue. Might be an option this year as well but not for certain.

Randall Flagg
10-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Just put a fake name and address on package.

Brian861
10-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Just put a fake name and address on package.

:thumbsup:

Brian861
10-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Dear, SS. If you haven't already purchased a gift for me; instead, I'd ask that you purchase a gift for a less fortunate child in your area via Toys-For-Tots or some other such organization. Thanks!

bdwyer19
10-21-2017, 10:06 AM
Dear, SS. If you haven't already purchased a gift for me; instead, I'd ask that you purchase a gift for a less fortunate child in your area via Toys-For-Tots or some other such organization. Thanks!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian861 again"

Very commendable of you!

becca69
10-21-2017, 11:27 AM

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian861 again"

Very commendable of you!

Yeah, I got that too!

Randall Flagg
10-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Although I understand the sentiment towards making sure a tot has a toy, by signing up for the SS you tacitly agreed to give and receive a gift-likely SK related. There is no reason a person can't participate in SS and also donate a modest new toy to Toys For Tots.

If this is how members want to proceed, we might as well plan on no SS next year.

TCCBodhi
10-21-2017, 04:15 PM
:confused:

Randall Flagg
10-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Why are you confused?

TCCBodhi
10-21-2017, 04:24 PM
If the person wants to be able to have fun looking for moderate SK items for their recipient, but either doesn't want or need those items themselves, why should anyone have an issue with that? It allows them to participate in the Forum, feel joy finding items for their recipient AND allow/encourage charitable giving.

Randall Flagg
10-22-2017, 04:30 AM
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

stroppygoblin
10-22-2017, 04:43 AM
I agree with RF. This is not about a charity fund raiser. Members are more than welcome to opt out and make donations instead of participating in the TDT.org SS. The point of this is two-fold:

1. The enjoyment of stalking investigating your recipient and coming up with a gift that you think they would enjoy.
2. The enjoyment of receiving such a gift and getting an idea of how other members interpret YOUR OWN collection and personal likes.

Removing one side of this affects both parties.

webstar1000
10-22-2017, 09:27 AM
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

I agree with RF...

TCCBodhi
10-22-2017, 11:28 AM
With that added information, which I didn't think of, I'll concede. Looking for gifts IS a lot of the fun. The reaction to shut the whole thing down is not in proportion to the 'offense'. That's my final word on the topic since I want to keep the thread a positive experience. If you would like to discuss further, let's do it via PM.

jsmcmullen92
11-02-2017, 01:02 PM
So when is ship date on this? I feel like I need to find a few more items before I ship out.

Randall Flagg
11-02-2017, 01:21 PM
So when is ship date on this? I feel like I need to find a few more items before I ship out.

Ship date is any date that the package is 100% guaranteed to arrive by the 23rd.

Randall Flagg
11-02-2017, 01:23 PM
And that is dicey.
Only Amazon and such will be delivered Saturday the 24th and even more dicey is Sunday 12.25

Room 217 Caretaker
11-11-2017, 05:29 AM
Full Disclosure: I was told to open this box early-

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/668/medium/Strange_Weather_Signed.JPG

Thank you Secret Santa. What an incredible and thoughtful gift.

Merry Christmas

Ralph Mulleins

dnemec
11-11-2017, 05:34 AM
Sweet doodle, Ralph!

peripheral
11-11-2017, 05:38 AM
That’s awesome!

HONKYTONKSMASH
11-11-2017, 06:11 AM
Very cool doodle :thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
11-11-2017, 06:13 AM
Opening in November?
Damn, I wish it was like that when I was a kid.

C1TIZEN_X
11-11-2017, 06:20 AM
Very cool Ralph, congrats.

webstar1000
11-11-2017, 06:40 AM
That’s cool!!!

Brian861
11-11-2017, 06:41 AM
Very nice, Ralph! Love the doodle also!

bdwyer19
11-11-2017, 07:20 AM
That’s a great way to kick off Secret Santa! Congrats Ralph!!

andyg75
11-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Wow! Happy Early Christmas!

jsmcmullen92
11-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Very nice! I'm really struggling this year. I have some cool items but really want that one personal item that kicks it out of the park.

TCCBodhi
11-13-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm with you Josh! Having a hard time searching for "wanted" items in the range!

NeedfulKings
11-13-2017, 05:21 PM
I've managed to buy, wrap, and box up the gifts. I just need to put a few finishing touches and then get it in the mail.

Randall Flagg
11-25-2017, 06:29 AM
Just over 4 weeks away. Looking forward to seeing what people receive.

Brian861
11-25-2017, 06:33 AM
Sent mine out a few days ago.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-25-2017, 06:44 AM
Shipping my recipients box out this week. My wife and I will be off the grid from December 1st to December 18th. For the most part, unplugged. We may get to see some WiFi/LTE along the way but those chances are slim (and that's a great thing).

Mulleins

Brian861
11-25-2017, 06:49 AM
Shipping my recipients box out this week. My wife and I will be off the grid from December 1st to December 18th. For the most part, unplugged. We may get to see some WiFi/LTE along the way but those chances are slim (and that's a great thing).

Mulleins

Yes it is!

Shannon
11-25-2017, 04:12 PM
I'm waiting for part of my gift to sushi its way over here from far far away land, its been about a month already.

Brian861
11-25-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm waiting for part of my gift to sushi its way over here from far far away land, its been about a month already.

Smells fishy :emot-cthulhu:

webstar1000
11-26-2017, 04:15 AM
I think I did pretty good this year!!!

dnemec
11-26-2017, 05:59 AM
Me too! I am waiting for one more thing to arrive from Cali, then I am good to go. Now...how to creatively wrap...?

jsmcmullen92
11-26-2017, 11:23 AM
Finished up all my shopping last night. Gonna package up today and try and get out tomorrow

Stockerlone
11-29-2017, 02:44 AM
Waiting for one part, sent it out in the next days....

Room 217 Caretaker
11-29-2017, 04:33 AM
MY SS box left the North Pole today. I think my recipient will be happy.

Mulleins

wolfehr
11-29-2017, 07:08 AM
Secret Santa gifts are in hand! Now just need to get them packed and shipped.

becca69
11-29-2017, 07:26 AM
Mine will be going out this week. My son has taken over use my car. I am a prisoner in my own home. :wtf:

TravelinJack
11-29-2017, 07:24 PM
I also have everything ready to pack and ship to my SS recipient. This was fun, a tad challenging, but part of the fun. Here’s hoping that USPS doesn’t fail us.

jsmcmullen92
11-29-2017, 08:01 PM
Just finished wrapping mine. Hoping to get it out in the next few days

dnemec
11-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Did we pick a specific day to open these? I think last year was the 19th...

Randall Flagg
11-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Monday...

dnemec
11-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Monday...

:panic:

becca69
12-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Monday...

:panic:

Uh, which Monday. Mine is ready to go out but it's not out.

Randall Flagg
12-01-2017, 07:01 AM
How about Tuesday 12/19?
Thoughts?

becca69
12-01-2017, 07:02 AM
I'm ok with that.

Priest
12-01-2017, 07:19 AM
Send out on Monday, so that should be fine

dnemec
12-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Dropped mine off at the post office today!

Roseannebarr
12-01-2017, 08:35 AM
Dropped mine off at the post office today!

My secret santa box arrived today. I cant wait until christmas. i cant wait till dec 2.

Thank You! Secret Santa!!!!!!

TCCBodhi
12-02-2017, 09:23 AM
My packages arrived safe and sound. I'll be sending of my own once I can dredge up a little creativity. In the swing of nearly daily choir performances and rehearsals (in fact I'm in rehearsal with the RIchardson Symphony it this very moment) that go through Dec 16!

becca69
12-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Mine is off into the wild!

stroppygoblin
12-02-2017, 05:12 PM
Mine have already been dispatched. :thumbsup:

webstar1000
12-03-2017, 04:53 AM
I’m opened mine soon as it comes. Lol

Randall Flagg
12-03-2017, 05:01 AM
<--------------------Strikes Kris from 2018 SS list.

stroppygoblin
12-03-2017, 09:44 AM
I’m seriously debating any future inclusion in the grammar club too.... :evil:

webstar1000
12-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Hahaha

biomieg
12-04-2017, 07:19 AM
I did not participate in this year's SS but I received a fabulous gift nonetheless... I already opened it since I didn't expect it to be a Christmas gift. I posted a couple of pics in the P&J thread. With many thanks to our own fabulous and generous Ralph Mulleins!!

The Library Policeman
12-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Fantastic gesture. Well done Ralph and congratulations Michaël.

dnemec
12-04-2017, 08:08 AM
A box arrived this morning from Derry. I'm not good at patience, but under the tree it goes. Thanks, Santa! :excited:

bdwyer19
12-04-2017, 08:11 AM
I just got the last piece of my recipient’s gift over the weekend. I hope to wrap it mid-week, and have the box shipped by Friday.

C1TIZEN_X
12-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Sent my SS gift to its recipient. I hope it arrives in good condition. This is exciting.

Of course, I'm nervous because this is the first SS I've participated in. I hope I did OK selecting my SS gift(s)....My wife thinks I did a good job, so that's something.

Brian861
12-04-2017, 09:58 AM
I did not participate in this year's SS but I received a fabulous gift nonetheless... I already opened it since I didn't expect it to be a Christmas gift. I posted a couple of pics in the P&J thread. With many thanks to our own fabulous and generous Ralph Mulleins!!

Congrats, Michaël. That's awesome of you, Ralph!

Roseannebarr
12-04-2017, 01:05 PM

Ralph sent me the very same thing last year for xmas! Completely random and unexpected. i was overwhelmed!

Thanks again Ralph!

Now all i am missing is s/l gunslinger, dt II and My Pretty Pony. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ralph or Merlin (or Alec) comes through with one of these. Or i imagine they will be on my wanted list for a very long time!

wizardsrainbow
12-04-2017, 03:03 PM
I will post some pics shortly! I received 3 items all Shawshank related...AWESOME! Somebody here knew I loved Shawshank!

jsmcmullen92
12-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Just got these in the mail. Top on already had a tear in the paper so I couldn't resist!
Thanks Ralph!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171204/028bc3b02b04ce67cff2ea4ae9208a42.jpg

jsmcmullen92
12-04-2017, 03:57 PM

Ralph sent me the very same thing last year for xmas! Completely random and unexpected. i was overwhelmed!

Thanks again Ralph!

Now all i am missing is s/l gunslinger, dt II and My Pretty Pony. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ralph or Merlin (or Alec) comes through with one of these. Or i imagine they will be on my wanted list for a very long time!Which MPP? I have an old gift edition that was a placeholder I'll send you if that's the one you are talking about? Definitely only in G condition at best probably not even that but it does look like a book lol

webstar1000
12-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Thanks again Ralph!

Now all i am missing is s/l gunslinger, dt II and My Pretty Pony. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ralph or Merlin (or Alec) comes through with one of these. Or i imagine they will be on my wanted list for a very long time!

Better start saving would be my advice!

Shannon
12-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Sent mine out just now, woot woot! Unfortunately I forgot to put a fake return address. Damn mush-brain! :)

Roseannebarr
12-04-2017, 08:02 PM

Thanks again Ralph!

Now all i am missing is s/l gunslinger, dt II and My Pretty Pony. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ralph or Merlin (or Alec) comes through with one of these. Or i imagine they will be on my wanted list for a very long time!Which MPP? I have an old gift edition that was a placeholder I'll send you if that's the one you are talking about? Definitely only in G condition at best probably not even that but it does look like a book lol

I truly appreciate the offer! But I was able to get a trade edition signed by king during the last tour!
Waiting to to buy a signed limited mpp! But such a nice offer!

Do you have a sleeping beauties broadside from the NY book fair? If not, PM me your address and I will send you one!

becca69
12-05-2017, 07:07 AM
I received a large box - 2 of 2 from Krampus!

webstar1000
12-05-2017, 07:42 AM

Thanks again Ralph!

I truly appreciate the offer! But I was able to get a trade edition signed by king during the last tour!

Do you have a sleeping beauties broadside from the NY book fair? If not, PM me your address and I will send you one!

Thought you had none left?

Roseannebarr
12-05-2017, 09:39 AM

Thanks again Ralph!

HMMM.... dont remember that.... i was cleaning out my crate yesterday and found two extra along with two broadsides from end of watch. i might have been trying to keep the sets together.....

webstar1000
12-05-2017, 10:19 AM

Thanks again Ralph!

HMMM.... dont remember that.... i was cleaning out my crate yesterday and found two extra along with two broadsides from end of watch. i might have been trying to keep the sets together.....

Yeah I asked for one as you were offering it to members. You told me no, you had none left. All good...

Brian861
12-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Mine arrived yesterday! Thanks SS! I'm thinking of kicking it old school and not opening til the morning of the 25.

sentinel
12-07-2017, 05:32 PM
I shipped mine today!

TravelinJack
12-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Forgot to mention shipped out the package earlier this week.

Brian861
12-08-2017, 08:35 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_43901.JPG

webstar1000
12-08-2017, 08:36 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_43901.JPG

WOW! Did you get all those?

Brian861
12-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Yea, Kris! I'm beyond surprised and grateful to my SS! Way more than I deserve. Can't wait to see what lies beneath!

wolfehr
12-08-2017, 09:40 AM
To my recipient - Your gift is on the way and scheduled to arrive before the 19th, with some buffer room.

To my Secret Santa - My gift was received safely. It’s in my closet waiting to be opened :)

C1TIZEN_X
12-08-2017, 11:00 AM
I received my SS gift in the mail today.

And I believe the SS gift I sent has been received by recipient.

Stockerlone
12-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I shipped mine

andyg75
12-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Mine shipped a week or so ago, but in my haste I forgot to Xmas wrap them. Is this poor form? I’ll remember for next year 🙂

bdwyer19
12-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Mine shipped a week or so ago, but in my haste I forgot to Xmas wrap them. Is this poor form? I’ll remember for next year 🙂

So if a box arrives for me, and the contents are unwrapped, I guess I’ll know who my Secret Santa is! :biggrin:

andyg75
12-08-2017, 01:37 PM

So if a box arrives for me, and the contents are unwrapped, I guess I’ll know who my Secret Santa is! :biggrin:

Possibly, but don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret... 😂

Randall Flagg
12-08-2017, 02:06 PM
No. Wrapping is optional. It's the thought and the gift that counts.

Brian861
12-08-2017, 02:09 PM

I didn't initially open my box for the fear that they wouldn't be wrapped. I was informed, however, from an anonymous third party that they were wrapped. So out they came :)

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Just received a package from an Edgar Freemantle :biggrin: Nicely nestled under the tree for now :thumbsup:

peripheral
12-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Looking forward to see this year's harvests...

webstar1000
12-10-2017, 08:38 AM
This is great fun!

Brian861
12-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Just received a package from an Edgar Freemantle :biggrin: Nicely nestled under the tree for now :thumbsup:

Hopefully it's not one of those ships in a bottle kit :scared:

Looking forward to see this year's harvests...

This is great fun!

Agreed!

TravelinJack
12-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Received my SS gift on Friday. It’s along with other gifts, not under the tree just yet. Many thanks Secret Santa.

NeedfulKings
12-11-2017, 09:06 PM
My SS box arrived today! Big! Cursory glance shows that the items are packed only in bubble wrap, so I'll dig through the box on opening day (the 19th!). Super excited!!!

Shannon
12-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Came home from vacation and right on top of all my other packages was my Secret Santa package. Woot woot! Haven't opened it ... yet. ;) Thanks Secret Santa!

sentinel
12-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Hmmmm......got a box from Betts Books yesterday and I didn't order anything so I am assuming it's from SS, of course maybe David
just sent me a present? I haven't opened it yet, I think I'll wait.

wolfehr
12-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Hmmmm......got a box from Betts Books yesterday and I didn't order anything so I am assuming it's from SS, of course maybe David
just sent me a present? I haven't opened it yet, I think I'll wait.

I’ve received gifts that were sent from Betts, but were purchased by a Betts’ customer as a gift to me. Just throw in the possibility out there :)

andyg75
12-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Mine arrived today! What day is the grand opening? Did I hear someone say the 16th? :excited:

Randall Flagg
12-12-2017, 02:25 PM
The hope was the 19th ~11am Eastern Standard Time (1600 GMT).

Priest
12-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Got mine today! So curious ;D
hope nobody will be pissed If I also do it the old way and will put it under the tree for the 24th

becca69
12-13-2017, 05:28 AM
I'm good for the 19th :crow burp:

stroppygoblin
12-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Nothing arrived here yet. Not too concerned, still 10 days till Christmas...:unsure:

sharki69
12-13-2017, 05:04 PM
Nothing arrived here yet. Not too concerned, still 10 days till Christmas...:unsure:

Same here, but I'm celebrating Hanukkah which is the next 7 days :), so plenty of time

webstar1000
12-14-2017, 07:05 AM
I have a gift in an envelope that I didn’t open but this came.... and I wasn’t sure what it was.. so I opened it. And shit my damm pants. THIS... made my day. Best gift I have gotten since my wife took me to see my good friend David and Michael Whelan. Thanks!!! I think I know who you are... just waiting for you to confirm my suspicions. Lol check this bad boy out!!!

PS: if you know me.. you know I have the coolest Xmas Tree ever. I’ll post a pic of that too so you know how much this fits in!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171214/7b529e61c46ade925526f98b0eb9d77f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171214/e34ed20478168af40b175b04121d4ce7.jpg

Shannon
12-14-2017, 07:42 AM
That IS a really cool tree!

webstar1000
12-14-2017, 08:02 AM
That IS a really cool tree!

The Star Wars topper will pay the imperial march and theme song while lighting up.. so bad ass. A lot of the ornaments will play songs or saying from the movies or the show they are from. Took me 15 years to collect them so far. It also takes about 12 hours to carefully take each one out of the box too. lol

MikeDuke
12-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Man, I love the General Lee. That tree does look awesome.

Brian861
12-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Congrats, Kris!

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-14-2017, 05:16 PM
That is one RIGHTEOUS tree!

SystemCrashOverRide
12-15-2017, 02:07 PM
I've not been around much lately, I think it's been over a year since my last post. But for some reason or another I got to thinking about TDT SS, and wanted to come and check out how it was going. Glad it's still going strong and that the tradition seems to have caught on so firmly. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos on Tuesday!

bdwyer19
12-16-2017, 12:35 PM
Hoping I can join in the festivities on Tuesday the 19th. Nothing has arrived in the mail yet, but there's still another 9 days until Christmas.

Randall Flagg
12-18-2017, 06:17 AM
Has everyone received their gift?

Roseannebarr
12-18-2017, 06:25 AM
Mine will ship 2 morrow. But my person knows of delay. I blame ebay!

Randall Flagg
12-18-2017, 06:31 AM
Should we push the opening back to the 22nd? Would everything be received by then?

bdwyer19
12-18-2017, 06:33 AM
Nothing has arrived yet for me.

Stockerlone
12-18-2017, 07:12 AM
Nothing arrived...

Randall Flagg
12-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Yours should arrive today or tomorrow.

wolfehr
12-18-2017, 07:34 AM
I have no problems pushing back the opening date if it means everyone will be able to open their gifts “together”.

bdwyer19
12-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Yours should arrive today or tomorrow.

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

sharki69
12-18-2017, 08:32 AM
Nothing here yet

becca69
12-18-2017, 09:10 AM
I've received mine. Any day that's decided is fine.

Brian861
12-18-2017, 02:46 PM
You guys cool with me waiting til the 25th to open mine? We're really tradition around my place and don't open til the morning of.

Randall Flagg
12-18-2017, 03:16 PM
As far as I'm concerned (of course I have no horse in this race), people can open and reveal starting tomorrow, and also waiting up to the 25th (presuming they received their gift).

Starting tomorrow, let the reveal begin!

Shannon
12-18-2017, 06:20 PM
In Queensland, Australia, it's the 19th! Opening my box!

Shannon
12-18-2017, 06:32 PM
I got good stuff! Some bookmarks and a Salem's Lot postcard, two horror prints, two ARCs, one signed, woot woot, a Joe Hill NOS4A2 placard, two Disney movies, a word game, two notebooks, and my favorite, the white apron that reads "Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Friends" with a bloody handprint. Thank you Secret Santa! Merry Christmas! :)

https://preview.ibb.co/j9FXvR/secret_santa.jpg

becca69
12-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Nice stuff Shannon. I love Christopher Moore! That book doesn't come out until April ;)

wizardsrainbow
12-18-2017, 09:22 PM
My Secret Santa clearly knew that I loved Shawshank Redemption.....so I got a way cool hoodie, mug and playing cards, all Shawshank! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Thank you Secret Santa!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/Shank.jpg

Brian861
12-18-2017, 10:00 PM
Cool stuff, guys!

burial
12-19-2017, 12:41 AM
Nothing here yet...

C1TIZEN_X
12-19-2017, 05:39 AM
I am in shock. Secret Santa was VERY good to me this year. I don't know what to say. Such amazing gifts. Thank you so much!!

I received: Rose Madder and Dreamcatcher ARC's, signed Strange Weather, an awesome Dark Tower bookmark and scarf? along with a Constant Reader pin. And, the mack daddy of all; signed/limited Cycle of the Werewolf art portfolio!!!

So cool.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/962/medium/HeD58X2.jpg

bdwyer19
12-19-2017, 06:20 AM
Santa knew I needed cases for signed 1st editions. I got a traycase for The Dead Zone, and one for Desperation. Also got a fun shirt! Thanks Secret Santa!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171219/a6d3023aa9275c2b84a953e204e27a86.jpg

becca69
12-19-2017, 07:06 AM
I am in shock. Secret Santa was VERY good to me this year. I don't know what to say. Such amazing gifts. Thank you so much!!

I received: Rose Madder and Dreamcatcher ARC's, signed Strange Weather, an awesome Dark Tower bookmark and scarf? along with a Constant Reader pin. And, the mack daddy of all; signed/limited Cycle of the Werewolf art portfolio!!!

So cool.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/962/medium/HeD58X2.jpg

Wow! Very, very nice SS!

Brian861
12-19-2017, 07:10 AM
:thumbsup:

becca69
12-19-2017, 07:14 AM
Here is what I got: UK Hearts, Violin ARC, cool Whelan bag, bookmarks, and a signed The Stand themed print. Awesome!

https://s20.postimg.org/psybsz7d9/IMG_6503.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/ww678lcsp/)
https://s20.postimg.org/8fo1e4jrx/IMG_6504.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/vh4mjvjfd/)
https://s20.postimg.org/r7zwhpnvx/IMG_6509.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/5lkw0opbd/)

I also received this from another SS:
https://s20.postimg.org/9njdyv8fx/IMG_6548.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/7vqf3yp2x/)

Brian861
12-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Nice haul, Becca!

dnemec
12-19-2017, 08:23 AM
I am totally floored. Apparently, I have been quite good this year! It's just what I wanted. Thanks so much, Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4589/38280316535_a20d76888b_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/21jGCrv)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4731/25294813158_b9bb6fc516_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/ExdwGf)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4634/39160521101_90873c3d57_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22EtUAi)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4601/39160522211_07f6ee6eed_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/22EtUVr)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

becca69
12-19-2017, 08:35 AM
Very nice Dez! I guess everyone was on the nice list so far!

And I just got a nice surprise - I was told to look inside Violin - signed by Anne Rice! Sweet! Thanks SS!

C1TIZEN_X
12-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Very nice Dez! I guess everyone was on the nice list so far!

And I just got a nice surprise - I was told to look inside Violin - signed by Anne Rice! Sweet! Thanks SS!

Very cool Becca. I love Anne Rice!

webstar1000
12-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Congrats to all and so happy to view this thread and the thoughtful gifts and time that goes into it! I got a super cool ornament for my tree and a sweet $100 gift card for my good buddy David at Bett's. Thanks ever so much!!!! I thank RF too for helping this go so well. You are a big help my man! MERRY HO HO everyone:)

Brian861
12-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Wow! That's a huge score, Dez! Congrats!

Can never go wrong with a Betts GC, Kris :cool:

Randall Flagg
12-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Santa knew I needed cases for signed 1st editions. I got a traycase for The Dead Zone, and one for Desperation. Also got a fun shirt! Thanks Secret Santa!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171219/a6d3023aa9275c2b84a953e204e27a86.jpg

Not to be a nattering naybob of negativity, but isn't the title "The Dead Zone"? Not Dead Zone. Kinda like having a case that says "Stand"...Also, was Desperation spray painted on using a stencil-perhaps going for a garage sale sign look?

Shannon
12-19-2017, 05:07 PM
Where's the Neg Rep button? Boo, RF. Boo.

Randall Flagg
12-19-2017, 06:20 PM
It's the six sided star beneath my member info. Feel free to use it.

Every year I get a complaint or two from recipients about what they feel was a poor gift (bdwyer didn't bitch to me). I don't participate in the SS, I just am the person who gets all the complaints, and sometimes I feel compelled to say something.

TCCBodhi
12-19-2017, 06:33 PM
I was very please by my Secret Santa. Three beautiful first editions, one excerpt chapbook, a magazine and two posters. Thanks SS!!! Cell has been a hard one to find a nice clean copy of.... at least here in Dallas.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/986/medium/20171219_194653_HDR.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/986/medium/Universe.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/986/medium/alphabet.jpg

NeedfulKings
12-19-2017, 08:20 PM
I'm VERY impressed with my take! Not 1, but 2 signed proof sheets for The Stand comic book - both signed by Mike Perkins, the illustrator. Coming from a family of comic geeks, we all geeked! I love Pennywize! And a collection of CD ARCs, including Detours - loaded with great stories!!!

THANK YOU, SECRET SANTA!!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/987/medium/IMG_1360.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/987/medium/IMG_1361.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/987/medium/IMG_1362.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/987/medium/IMG_1365.JPG

Shannon
12-19-2017, 10:02 PM
It's the six sided star beneath my member info. Feel free to use it.

Every year I get a complaint or two from recipients about what they feel was a poor gift (bdwyer didn't bitch to me). I don't participate in the SS, I just am the person who gets all the complaints, and sometimes I feel compelled to say something.

I clicked that, but it said, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Randall Flagg again." Ahhhh, a loophole! lol

stroppygoblin
12-20-2017, 07:16 AM
My Secret Santa present arrived today!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_3859.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_3860.jpg

I don't have a big collection of JH, but I have read all his books and NOS4A2 is by far my favourite, so THANK YOU Secret Santa and when I looked inside, it certainly did make me smile!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_3861.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_38622.jpg

(As always the European community is a lot smaller so it's not too hard to identify who my SS is, but I'll just say, "Danke und Frohe Weihnachten!" :evil:)