PDA

View Full Version : My little Angel

mia/susannah
02-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I am not sure you would consider this poetry. I am not sure you would even want me to post it. But here goes. I wrote a little poem or letter really to my daughter after she passed away. She was only 16 hours old when she died and I wrote the letter and read it at her memorial service.

My Little Angel by Milissa Stockholm

My little Angel, you died so young.
Was not given a chance to live. I will not be able to see you take your first steps or say your first words. I will not be able to see you graduate High School and see you off to make a life for yourself.
We love and miss you. We will always know that you are watching us from heaven. Our little guardian angel.

Letti
02-10-2008, 03:52 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, Mia.
Thank you for sharing it.
It's a really nice piece of love.

mia/susannah
02-10-2008, 04:05 PM
:)
I am so sorry for your loss, Mia.
Thank you for sharing it.
It's a really nice piece of love.

Thank you Letti, I have 3 daugters living and they have helped me to get on with life althoug it has been hard sometimes. Miranda would have been 11 years old this october. Still hurts and I cry sometimes but it is getting easier.

Girlystevedave
02-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Beautiful words Mia.
I hope you get to meet your little angel one day.

Jean
02-11-2008, 12:56 AM
mia/susannah: thank you for sharing it, love.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Erin
02-11-2008, 02:38 AM
mia/susannah, that was beautiful.

Jon
02-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Beautiful words. I hope you can manage the loss. I have lost three...I know it can be so tough.

If you ever wish to talk, I am a moron, but I am happy to listen.

-Jon

mia/susannah
02-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Beautiful words. I hope you can manage the loss. I have lost three...I know it can be so tough.

-Jon

:huglove: Thanks jon, I am sorry to hear about your losses as well. I know how it feels to lose a child. I was told when I was 4 months pregnant with Miranda that the chances of her surviving were not good but knowing does not make it any easier to handle. I don't talk about my loss with anyone because no one really understands. The few that I have talked to always say I know how you feel, I lost a parent. I know that hurts but it is just not the same as losing a child.

Thanks to everyone for reading and responding to my post. Was not sure it was appropriate.

Storyslinger
02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Very touching, I'm soory for the loss.
Beautifully done.

mia/susannah
02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
:
Very touching, I'm soory for the loss.
Beautifully done.

:rose: Thanks you Storyslinger. I have not talked about her death to anyone in a while. But then I don't really have anyone to talk to. Don't have any friends where I live now and most people would not understand. Posting this thread and one of the letters that I wrote her has helped. I have written several.

Storyslinger
02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I've found that the best way to deal with the hurt is to talk about it with those who will lend an ear. I'm sorry to hear that there is no one there for you to talk too. We are here if you need someone to talk too. You have our hearts.

mia/susannah
02-13-2008, 07:04 AM
:)
I've found that the best way to deal with the hurt is to talk about it with those who will lend an ear. I'm sorry to hear that there is no one there for you to talk too. We are here if you need someone to talk too. You have our hearts.

Thank you, Storyslinger, I really appreciate that. Maybe I can post some of the letters and stuff that I have written for her. They are not very good.

Storyslinger
02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
We always welcome new writings. Even if you may not think they are good, we may have a different opinion.

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 10:49 PM
They are beautiful words. The fifteenth at 1210AM it will have been 3 years since we lost our little girl. She was 6. I know it's absolutely important to share your grief... Please feel free to write to me anytime you need.

mia/susannah
02-15-2008, 06:31 PM
They are beautiful words. The fifteenth at 1210AM it will have been 3 years since we lost our little girl. She was 6. I know it's absolutely important to share your grief... Please feel free to write to me anytime you need.

I am so sorry about your little girl. I know your pain. I wish no parent ever had to go through the loss of a child. Please feel free to write me if you ever want to talk about your loss as well. I am a very good listener. Thanks for your post and offer. I may take you up on it sometime myself.

Jon
02-16-2008, 03:44 AM

-Jon

The few that I have talked to always say I know how you feel, I lost a parent. I know that hurts but it is just not the same as losing a child.

I have lost a parent and children...they do not compare.

LadyHitchhiker
02-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Anytime dear. I live to help.