PDA

View Full Version : There are other worlds than these. – Explore The Dark Tower Connections

racerx45
07-29-2017, 10:12 AM
This is kind of cool.

Explore The Dark Tower Connections (https://apps.bostonglobe.com/arts/graphics/2017/07/dark-tower/#)

Pere Jere
09-12-2020, 03:52 PM
For those of you who have finished your journey to the Dark Tower or have done it several times I’m wondering how much you recommend reading tie in books during your first read through? I keep reading that Insomnia is one of the strongest tie ins but it’s quite a long book and I’m eager to finish the last two DT books.

Have any of you regretted not reading tie in books on your first journey? My feeling right now is leaning towards reading some of the short stories and novellas that tie in but then just finish books VI and VII and slot in the tie ins during my next read through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunchback Jack
09-12-2020, 05:21 PM
I would read the more important ones - Salem’s Lot, Insomnia, and Low Men in Yellow Coats. Maybe also Everything’s Eventual and Black House. It’s not absolutely crucial that you do, but it definitely adds context.

(I had “no choice” but to read the ancillary works, as I read them as they came out).

HBJ

George at C-Springs
09-12-2020, 06:29 PM
For those of you who have finished your journey to the Dark Tower or have done it several times I’m wondering how much you recommend reading tie in books during your first read through? I keep reading that Insomnia is one of the strongest tie ins but it’s quite a long book and I’m eager to finish the last two DT books.

Have any of you regretted not reading tie in books on your first journey? My feeling right now is leaning towards reading some of the short stories and novellas that tie in but then just finish books VI and VII and slot in the tie ins during my next read through.

Back when I first read Insomnia I had no idea King had done tie-ins so I was stunned when I read it; I think I actually shouted out loud. After that I looked forward to finding other tie-ins, wherever they might show up. I wouldn't say you need to go out and read them first, but it sure makes it fun when you get the references. Easiest way to do it? Start at the beginning and read everything in the order they were published!

Valuem
01-13-2021, 02:03 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished the DT for the first time and I am in need of more and more fix haha. Last night I got Everything´s eventual. I will check Insomnia afterwards :) I had already read Salem´s Lot long time ago so that part is done.

Merlin1958
02-16-2021, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2vvQUM8udg