PDA

View Full Version : IT Rebound

Pages : [1] 2 3

zelig
07-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Hi All.

So, I'm not quite ready to make an official announcement for the next custom-bound book, however, I have a dilemma which I'd like your opinion on. If I execute this one with the complete vision I have for it, it will not be cheap, and will cost more than Firestarter. It will be amazing, but costly. It involves the work of 4 different artisans, each with a diffetent specialty. I am so excited about this one.

So anyway, I've been thinking it through, and each time I consider scrapping some of the ideas, I just can't bring myself to do it because I really want to produce it in the way I have envisioned.

This morning, I came up with a possible solution. I offer two versions. Without revealing too much at this stage, what I have planned is a full leather binding. One way to cut costs would be to offer a 2nd version that will be quarter bound in leather (so spine in leather, front and back boards in paper, or possibly another non-leather material.) Still exquisite and elegant, but with the benefit of not being as costly as full leather.

I'm thinking it may be helpful to provide a ballpark price, and perhaps we can see how many of you would be willing to invest that for the higher priced version. Right now it's shaking out at somewhere between $1,200 and $1,500. I don't have a ballpark on the lower priced version yet. As usual, there would be interest-free payment terms. I could potentially even extend those over a longer period for the more costly version.

In my heart of hearts, I do not want to scrap my initial vision, but I think the idea of offering two versions, at two price points, may be the best solution. What do you all think?

webstar1000
07-11-2017, 07:39 AM
Paul... I have seen the work your doing thus far. I would be voting... DO WHAT YOUR VISION IS. It will no doubt be one for the books. Period.

Tommy
07-11-2017, 07:39 AM
I don't want you to scrap your original vision. I don't like the idea of two different priced versions. That being said, I would need payments less than $250 if the book goes over $1200.

stroppygoblin
07-11-2017, 07:40 AM
IMHO - If you are keeping to the same limitation as before (Ie all Lettered) Don't do the 2 versions. Stick with the one. For the completists it would actually work out cheaper (they dont need to buy both!) and the book remains consistent across all letters.

Would it be cheaper to buy some calves and raise the leather yourself? :evil:

Randall Flagg
07-11-2017, 08:04 AM
IMHO - If you are keeping to the same limitation as before (Ie all Lettered) Don't do the 2 versions. Stick with the one. For the completists it would actually work out cheaper (they dont need to buy both!) and the book remains consistent across all letters.

Would it be cheaper to buy some calves and raise the leather yourself? :evil:
I agree.
Go with your vision.

surly
07-11-2017, 08:51 AM
My guess is that you would probably be unhappy with anything less than your original vision, so I would vote for that - as long as it doesn't lead you to financial ruin. Maybe get a deposit from interested intenders and then just go with a limitation that only includes the number of confirmed orders (should it be less than 26).

ICry4Oy
07-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Starting to sound like Firestarter will be my last rebound book purchase.

wolfehr
07-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Based on what you've created so far, I vote for the full vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beverly Marsh
07-11-2017, 01:03 PM
I am inclined to agree with everyone else about producing just one. While it pains me a little to say that because I don't think I'll be able to get this I believe your original vision and the one that you truly want to do should be the one that gets done. Put all of your love and care into one.
If it's the one you hinted at before than I can't wait to see the details and who the artists are! I'm going to hold out and see if I can swing it somehow but it all depends.....

shutterlife
07-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Hold true to your vision, and only offer one edition.

peripheral
07-11-2017, 03:33 PM
VISION

sentinel
07-11-2017, 05:00 PM
Paul, I vote for one edition and I think you should try to achieve your vision but I also have to add that $1500 + is steep
for a re-bound book, in my opinion. I adore the Eyes of the Dragon, of course I haven't seen Firestarter yet, but I am hard pressed
to imagine a book priced 3x or more better than the EOTD. There may be a point where the costs of additional artisans exceeds the overall presentation.
As a hard core completist it is getting tougher by the year with so many editions, now, get King to sign it and it will be worth every penny!
You know I love your work, just my 2 cents worth of thoughts.
-K

Merlin1958
07-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Paul, I vote for one edition and I think you should try to achieve your vision but I also have to add that $1500 + is steep
for a re-bound book, in my opinion. I adore the Eyes of the Dragon, of course I haven't seen Firestarter yet, but I am hard pressed
to imagine a book priced 3x or more better than the EOTD. There may be a point where the costs of additional artisans exceeds the overall presentation.
As a hard core completist it is getting tougher by the year with so many editions, now, get King to sign it and it will be worth every penny!
-K

VERY good point.

ICry4Oy
07-11-2017, 08:15 PM
-K

Absolutely!

zelig
07-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Looks like we'll be going with the original plan. Believe me, I always do my best to keep costs down, and when I started adding this one up, well, I hesitated and then thought I'd get your opinions. The fact that there are 4 main 'arts' involved here, does not add significantly to costs. I mean, simply because there are 4 people. The contribution of one of those is so insignificant in terms of added cost, that I am not even including that in the pricing. There are generally two areas which take up the lion's share. One of those, I am absolutely not compromising on because it is just too wild, too cool, and too unique to not do; and the only other major cost factor, which is the binding itself, was the only place I could go to save costs...

Anyway, with these custom bound projects, the work involved is immense. Hundreds of accumulated hours to manage, and co-ordinate all the moving parts. I am doing a teaser video (does not add to the cost) and that will be ready soon, and then I'll make a more official announcement. Working on the prototype now. I want to tell you more, but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut for the moment.

Oh, and yes, getting Mr. King to sign these would sure be cool, but that ain't gonna happen y'all.

Peace...

AstroDad
07-12-2017, 07:59 AM
You know I adore everything you have done and I have bought it all...

That said, when I saw the price for Firestarter, I hesitated. Not due to the price vs value, but just price overall and worries that each production would cost more and more and is this really something I am going to be able to afford long term. Without the payment plans, I just wouldn't be able to do it and if there comes a day I have to pass due to price or my own circumstances I will feel compelled to sell my existing set to someone who can complete the set, as it should be. I so badly want to have the complete letter G of every Dragon Rebound/Suntup Press production and will do everything I can to continue for as long as I can. Realistically, I have a kid starting college in a year, another two years later, and the last three years after that. Who knows if I have to bow out at some point due to my own finances...we'll see.

That said, here are my own personal needs in order to continue to stay all in the Zelig master productions game:

payment plans of less than $250/month
the next production's payment plan doesn't overlap with an existing payment plan, aka if I am still paying on a rebound book and you start taking orders on an art portfolio where I would be paying two separate payment plans at once.

So essentially if you can keep my cost to $250/month (I am not including the covers in this since the cost is more manageable and there is a product with each payment) I can swing it.

Someday when the kids college is paid for and they are all on their own (or mostly at least) I will be able to do this stuff without a blink (God willing)...I am just not there yet :)

So...all of that said...seriously, you do you Paul. What you are doing is incredible and something really special.

zelig
07-12-2017, 08:48 AM
I hear you James... thanks for the comments. I'm hoping for the one after this to come down in price. I don't want each one to start costing more than the previous. Right now, it has just worked out that way, but I don't see it as a trend. Keeping the payments down is important to me. Anyway, back at it.

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-12-2017, 10:45 AM
A little late to the party, but I say absolutely go with your vision. Absolute no doubter.

George at C-Springs
07-12-2017, 06:12 PM
I'm going to differ with everyone just a little bit. Vision is one thing, but running a successful business endeavor is another. You absolutely must create what you want to create, but must keep in mind the business aspect of it all, especially because you are a small business with a very limited customer base. Take a look at your sales and see how they progressed for the different editions. Was EOTD a complete sellout in XX amount of days versus Firestarter in XX amount of days? Was the initial sellout due to the novelty of the item? How many return customers did you have? How many did you lose? For those who bought EOTD but not have Firestarter, were you able to ascertain the reason? (Title, Style, Cost, Value, Personal Finances, etc.) Would your customer base be willing and able to go $1.2K - $1.5K for a rebound? If the answer to that is no, would they be willing to skip one volume and then continue on later, or having broken the sequence would they just say forget it for other volumes? That would affect long term sales, which are necessary to keeping the business and vision going.

So ... you need a happy medium. UNLESS ... you do something a little different, like presell and only create the actual number of books that are ordered, like CD does for some of their limited editions. This would limit your risk. Or do an "Out of Series" publication, so if the owner of letter T or Z or whatever can't do the $1.5K, he/she could skip it, not miss out, and still be on board for the rest of the normal lettered series. Instead of letters, you could always do something else like numbers or be really different and do a small Remarque of a character or something from the story (it would be cool to say instead of "I have letter X", rather "I have The Man in Black".

That's my 5 cents! Whatever you do, it will be welcomed and coveted.

Ari_Racing
07-14-2017, 04:33 AM
I'm going to differ with everyone just a little bit. Vision is one thing, but running a successful business endeavor is another. You absolutely must create what you want to create, but must keep in mind the business aspect of it all, especially because you are a small business with a very limited customer base. Take a look at your sales and see how they progressed for the different editions. Was EOTD a complete sellout in XX amount of days versus Firestarter in XX amount of days? Was the initial sellout due to the novelty of the item? How many return customers did you have? How many did you lose? For those who bought EOTD but not have Firestarter, were you able to ascertain the reason? (Title, Style, Cost, Value, Personal Finances, etc.) Would your customer base be willing and able to go $1.2K - $1.5K for a rebound? If the answer to that is no, would they be willing to skip one volume and then continue on later, or having broken the sequence would they just say forget it for other volumes? That would affect long term sales, which are necessary to keeping the business and vision going.

So ... you need a happy medium. UNLESS ... you do something a little different, like presell and only create the actual number of books that are ordered, like CD does for some of their limited editions. This would limit your risk. Or do an "Out of Series" publication, so if the owner of letter T or Z or whatever can't do the $1.5K, he/she could skip it, not miss out, and still be on board for the rest of the normal lettered series. Instead of letters, you could always do something else like numbers or be really different and do a small Remarque of a character or something from the story (it would be cool to say instead of "I have letter X", rather "I have The Man in Black".

That's my 5 cents! Whatever you do, it will be welcomed and coveted.

I agree with pretty much everything George said.

needfulthings
07-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Looks like we'll be going with the original plan. Believe me, I always do my best to keep costs down, and when I started adding this one up, well, I hesitated and then thought I'd get your opinions. The fact that there are 4 main 'arts' involved here, does not add significantly to costs. I mean, simply because there are 4 people. The contribution of one of those is so insignificant in terms of added cost, that I am not even including that in the pricing. There are generally two areas which take up the lion's share. One of those, I am absolutely not compromising on because it is just too wild, too cool, and too unique to not do; and the only other major cost factor, which is the binding itself, was the only place I could go to save costs...

Anyway, with these custom bound projects, the work involved is immense. Hundreds of accumulated hours to manage, and co-ordinate all the moving parts. I am doing a teaser video (does not add to the cost) and that will be ready soon, and then I'll make a more official announcement. Working on the prototype now. I want to tell you more, but I'm gonna keep my mouth shut for the moment.

Oh, and yes, getting Mr. King to sign these would sure be cool, but that ain't gonna happen y'all.

Peace...

As for me....in for a penny,in for a pound.

zelig
08-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Official Teaser video drops Friday. Don't miss it!

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/dre_teaser.jpg

herbertwest
08-16-2017, 01:41 PM
As always I wont be able to afford it, but I am really intrigued about the design that this book will have !

TravelinJack
08-16-2017, 01:53 PM
At first I thought, with the idea of four artists, that we were going to see another rebound version of Different Seasons. However, if your pic there is the teaser, anything with a red balloon is well, It. Not a bad idea given the current hype and rate of things with the upcoming adaptation. Whatever it is I'm happy to see what it will be. I agree with the gang, go with your vision.

Randall Flagg
08-18-2017, 07:25 AM
Official Teaser video drops Friday. Don't miss it!

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/dre_teaser.jpg
Waiting...:sharepopcorn:

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-18-2017, 07:26 AM
Oh man....so ready :excited:

zelig
08-18-2017, 07:49 AM
9am. 10 minutes to go... be ready.

Shannon
08-18-2017, 07:54 AM
I wanna see, I wanna see!

zelig
08-18-2017, 08:00 AM
Teaser is live!

http://dragonrebound.com/ (http://dragonrebound.com/)

Sit back, crank up the volume, maybe grab some popcorn, and enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/230115815

Randall Flagg
08-18-2017, 08:00 AM
Ready

Randall Flagg
08-18-2017, 08:01 AM
LOVE IT!

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Holy hell!

Shannon
08-18-2017, 08:02 AM
Excellent production, my friend!

Randall Flagg
08-18-2017, 08:03 AM
The 24-26 second mark is very interesting. I think I know what IT is.

Tommy
08-18-2017, 08:05 AM
SCARY!!

TravelinJack
08-18-2017, 08:07 AM
Awesome!

Sir_Boomme
08-18-2017, 08:09 AM
I really enjoy the books, and though I definitely feel a slight completest loss at not having these in my collection....
I'm really glad I didn't jump on board with the first book (which, in my mind, would have obligated me as a collector to get the others)
Because though they are incredibly beautiful.... just way to much money for an unsigned rebound (of any quality)- I would never be able to justify it in my mind. I'd rather spend the same money on trying to complete the collection I have of non-rebounds.

Kudos to those that do get it though, I'm sure this book will be a real prize for ya'll.

stroppygoblin
08-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Nailed IT!

Ideas that didn't quite make it to production...

Rebound IT with actual iron Derry Sewer grate as front cover
Cujo - Bound in real St Bernard Fur
Christine - slipcase is made of metal hammered out of the rear door of a 1958 Plymouth Fury

... Although I think the grate is actually part of the case.

webstar1000
08-18-2017, 08:17 AM
This will be EPIC.... lettered Regulators territory here.

wolfehr
08-18-2017, 08:20 AM
AMAZING teaser. I'm officially stoked :)

webstar1000
08-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Nailed IT!

Ideas that didn't quite make it to production...

Rebound IT with actual iron Derry Sewer grate as front cover
Cujo - Bound in real St Bernard Fur
Christine - slipcase is made of metal hammered out of the rear door of a 1958 Plymouth Fury

... Although I think the grate is actually part of the case.

So funny you said that way back then...

ICry4Oy
08-18-2017, 09:26 AM
No doubt this one will be KILLER! But I admit I am disappointed that the ordering of it will begin before receiving the Firestarter. I mean no offense AT ALL, but we've all seen small publishers go under before and this will be a LOT of money invested with nothing yet to show. For some here it seems money is no object but I ain't one of those people. I also agree with Sir Boomme's assertion that it is a helluva lot of money to spend on a King book NOT signed by King. I mentioned a while back in the Firestarter thread that I feared these books would go up in price exponentially and that truly is what is happening.

bdwyer19
08-18-2017, 09:38 AM
I really enjoy the books, and though I definitely feel a slight completest loss at not having these in my collection....
I'm really glad I didn't jump on board with the first book (which, in my mind, would have obligated me as a collector to get the others)
Because though they are incredibly beautiful.... just way to much money for an unsigned rebound (of any quality)- I would never be able to justify it in my mind. I'd rather spend the same money on trying to complete the collection I have of non-rebounds.

Kudos to those that do get it though, I'm sure this book will be a real prize for ya'll.

That's how I feel as well. I am truly amazed by the work that goes into the rebound books, but it seems like way too much money. I would much rather invest in a Limited or Lettered that has been signed by King.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-18-2017, 10:03 AM
So, how much does one of these rebound editions cost to purchase?

AstroDad
08-18-2017, 10:11 AM

Do you mean the forthcoming copy of IT or the previous books? The Price for IT has not been announced, but Paul previously hinted it would be in the 1200-1500 dollar range. He will have a payment plan available as he has the other books.

Whether you can purchase one depends on how many owners of Firestarter claim their letter for IT. I know there is a wait list to purchase, but not sure if that is specific to each book or an overall list.

The other books have popped up a couple of times elsewhere for sale. There is a set up for both books and the matching Art Portfolio on Gerald Winters site currently.

webstar1000
08-18-2017, 10:37 AM
I am gonna chime in here. Who cares? Paul is putting out one damm fine product AND HE HAS A LONG waiting list. Not to mention.. the first book has sold on the secondary for $1550 right out the gate and one is for sale for $2K now. Firestarter has changed hands at $2200!!! IT is not even here yet. Yes it isn't signed by King... and that sucks BUT I take my Eyes every time I go somewhere. It is my first choice to be signed. These go up in value and are desired. Therefore.. I don't mind they are only signed by the artists. Thats me 2 cents all!

Ari_Racing
08-18-2017, 10:40 AM
I really would love to be able to go for this book but I'm more than sure the price will be out of my range. IT kills me. :(

I'm so looking forward to see the result on Monday!

herbertwest
08-18-2017, 10:44 AM
I wonder how much one of those will sell for, once that Matt gets Steve to sign his copy ;)

St. Troy
08-18-2017, 10:45 AM
...it is a helluva lot of money to spend on a King book NOT signed by King.

While I think we all understand that logical opinion, there is a flip side:

Dragon Rebound books are pretty much custom made art pieces/sculptures wherein multiple media (involving multiple craftsmen/specialists) are brought together to create a conceptual whole that puts an existing work of art (a novel) in your hands in a more tactile, tangible way than the original ever could.

Whereas, other books are just books. (And I detest the phrase "just books" - I spit on you, "just books"! - but hopefully this gets the idea across).

I think of Dragon Rebounds as like a standard sports car, like everyone else's at time of purchase, but then gets tricked out with everything - not just a paintjob, but every performance package there is - until you have a machine unlike any other, one that makes ordinary cars look like pale imitations of your custom hot rod.

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-18-2017, 10:52 AM
I am gonna chime in here. Who cares? Paul is putting out one damm fine product AND HE HAS A LONG waiting list. Not to mention.. the first book has sold on the secondary for $1550 right out the gate and one is for sale for $2K now. Firestarter has changed hands at $2200!!! IT is not even here yet. Yes it isn't signed by King... and that sucks BUT I take my Eyes every time I go somewhere. It is my first choice to be signed. These go up in value and are desired. Therefore.. I don't mind they are only signed by the artists. Thats me 2 cents all!

I agree with this. It's one's prerogative to buy or not buy. Some apparently think it's overpriced while others (myself and others Im sure) feel it's not. Frankly, I feel like the rebounds up until now have if anything, been underpriced. With the work that has obviously goes into these editions, the limited quantities, the innovative designs... But, as with anything..opinions will differ :thumbsup:

ICry4Oy
08-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Just to be clear, the first book so far is a stunning piece of art!!! The second book seems to also be stellar!!! I have purchased both and will most likely, reluctantly, purchase the third but I do have some uneasiness about investing that much money upfront. I don't have the kind of money to just casually spend without serious consideration. As for "who cares?", I do.

webstar1000
08-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Just to be clear, the first book so far is a stunning piece of art!!! The second book seems to also be stellar!!! I have purchased both and will most likely, reluctantly, purchase the third but I do have some uneasiness about investing that much money upfront. I don't have the kind of money to just casually spend without serious consideration. As for "who cares?", I do.

Sorry I meant more the who cares for the people that do not get them yet are only going on about the price. YOU buy them.. so you should care. Apologies.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-18-2017, 12:22 PM

Do you mean the forthcoming copy of IT or the previous books? The Price for IT has not been announced, but Paul previously hinted it would be in the 1200-1500 dollar range. He will have a payment plan available as he has the other books.

Whether you can purchase one depends on how many owners of Firestarter claim their letter for IT. I know there is a wait list to purchase, but not sure if that is specific to each book or an overall list.

The other books have popped up a couple of times elsewhere for sale. There is a set up for both books and the matching Art Portfolio on Gerald Winters site currently.

Sorry I meant more the who cares for the people that do not get them yet are only going on about the price. YOU buy them.. so you should care. Apologies.

I asked, because I wanted to know whether it was something I could possibly afford. There was no ulterior motive behind my question and I was not having a dig about any potential cost.

webstar1000
08-18-2017, 12:25 PM

I asked, because I wanted to know whether it was something I could possibly afford. There was no ulterior motive behind my question and I was not having a dig about any potential cost.

I wasn't referring to your post brother. I knew you were just wondering

needfulthings
08-18-2017, 12:25 PM
:panic: The FULL ECLIPSE & the "IT" FULL REVEAL on the same day!
"BRING'EN ON!"
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/4007/XrXMvp.jpg
:sharepopcorn:

firemonkey66
08-18-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm buying one because I love the rebound series and IT is one of my favorites. I enjoy the craftsmanship, not just of the book, but of Paul's presentation of it. His videos, website, customer service, and the products are refined in a way that 'regular books,' even if signed by king, are not (with a few exceptions). I like a refined experience, from beginning to end product, and I am not rich. I will buy IT on the payment plan and it will be worth every penny.

And 1200-1500 dollars for a refined presentation of IT isn't too expensive considering the IT market. CD IT art portfolios and IT gift editions sell for 500-750+ dollars nowadays and they're not signed by king either. Shit, the gift edition isn't signed by anyone at all.

needfulthings
08-18-2017, 12:47 PM
:wtf: I assumed this TOTAL ECLIPSE was arranged by PAUL to announce his rebound 1st Edition.....
BOX SET of GERALD'S GAME & DOLORES CLAIBORNE.:lol:.

Tommy
08-18-2017, 12:52 PM
I'm buying one because I love the rebound series and IT is one of my favorites. I enjoy the craftsmanship, not just of the book, but of Paul's presentation of it. His videos, website, customer service, and the products are refined in a way that 'regular books,' even if signed by king, are not (with a few exceptions). I like a refined experience, from beginning to end product, and I am not rich. I will buy IT on the payment plan and it will be worth every penny.

And 1200-1500 dollars for a refined presentation of IT isn't too expensive considering the IT market. CD IT art portfolios and IT gift editions sell for 500-750+ dollars nowadays and they're not signed by king either. Shit, the gift edition isn't signed by anyone at all.

Agreed, after seeing what Paul is capable of, IT will totally be worth it.

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-18-2017, 12:55 PM

1000% agreed

webstar1000
08-18-2017, 01:36 PM

1000% agreed

100000000% agreed!

Ben Mears
08-18-2017, 02:02 PM
...it is a helluva lot of money to spend on a King book NOT signed by King.

While I think we all understand that logical opinion, there is a flip side:

Dragon Rebound books are pretty much custom made art pieces/sculptures wherein multiple media (involving multiple craftsmen/specialists) are brought together to create a conceptual whole that puts an existing work of art (a novel) in your hands in a more tactile, tangible way than the original ever could.

Whereas, other books are just books. (And I detest the phrase "just books" - I spit on you, "just books"! - but hopefully this gets the idea across).

I think of Dragon Rebounds as like a standard sports car, like everyone else's at time of purchase, but then gets tricked out with everything - not just a paintjob, but every performance package there is - until you have a machine unlike any other, one that makes ordinary cars look like pale imitations of your custom hot rod.

+1. As a book lover first and foremost production value and design takes priority over a signature, especially with a book/story that has special meaning. I am fortunate to own the Centipede Deluxe edition of 'Salem's Lot and reading it annually is a truly enjoyable experience that has nothing to do with the signature and everything to do with the feel of the pages and binding in my hands. If Paul were to do a rebound version of SL I would definitely buy a copy if it was possible.

sentinel
08-18-2017, 05:53 PM
:wtf: I assumed this TOTAL ECLIPSE was arranged by PAUL to announce his rebound 1st Edition.....

Actually, Paul is missing an awesome opportunity to announce an eclipse rebound edition of these two books. These are two under appreciated stories that could use the attention, I think!

ICry4Oy
08-18-2017, 05:58 PM
...........If Paul were to do a rebound version of SL I would definitely buy a copy if it was possible.

Well I wasn't supposed to say anything, but he will be doing it and using real blood instead of ink!

j/k in case anyone actually believes that!!!

stroppygoblin
08-18-2017, 11:19 PM
...........If Paul were to do a rebound version of SL I would definitely buy a copy if it was possible.

Well I wasn't supposed to say anything, but he will be doing it and using real blood instead of ink!

I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage ...

zelig
08-19-2017, 06:37 AM
...I do have some uneasiness about investing that much money upfront...

Don't worry, you won't have to. :evil:

Ha, yes can you imagine, announcing 3 rebound books at the same time. I think I'd get rotten tomatoes thrown at me. However, it's a good plan for a future release. But in honor of the eclipse, here's a sneak peak of two future covers prints!

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/eclipse.jpg

DoctorZaius
08-19-2017, 06:47 AM

Why not try it? It's been done before - a KISS comic from the 70's.

zelig
08-19-2017, 07:18 AM
By the way, it occurred to me that this may not have been obvious, but all the footage in the teaser video was original, and not stock footage. Which means, that iron pour you were seeing with the fire and sparks, was actual footage shot at a pour for the production of part of this book. The blonde lady in the video is Alisa, who you will be learning more about on Monday with the reveal.

Sir_Boomme
08-19-2017, 08:14 AM

I'm not saying that the work and cost that goes into the books does not justify the price being charged. Having designed and custom bound a traycase copy for The Plant... elaborate but much much less elaborate than these.... I've had a sampling of the time and cost for doing this. And these books are awesomely beautiful.

As far as the going up in value aspect.... doesn't really matter when you never plan to resale the book (I've only resold 4 books out of my collection- back when I got laid off from my job, was unemployed for the first time in 40 years and panicked, and I've regretted selling every one of them since).
For me personally, it is the initial outlay.... I have 1500.00 in my back pocket... do I want to spend it on a beautiful unsigned rebound.... or bank it in case long stand proof pops up, a 1st edition 1st state Salem's Lot comes along, or King decides to sell the guest house he owns that's next door to his Bangor home.

Like I said... anyone who gets one of these I'm sure is going to cherish it... just not my priority. If I had all RF's unlimited bank account... I'd probably have gotten them.... but then I'd also have a Lambo sitting in my driveway where my Fiero is.

Sir_Boomme
08-19-2017, 08:30 AM
BTW... I'm only picking on RF because Carlosdietwiller isn't around anymore (we miss you Bob)
and we ALL know Jerome is banking millions from running this site ;)

zelig
08-19-2017, 08:49 AM
BTW... I'm only picking on RF because Carlosdietwiller isn't around anymore (we miss you Bob)
and we ALL know Jerome is banking millions from running this site ;)

Well, when I bank the millions from this book, I'm buying myself a Lambo. Heck, maybe I'll get two.

http://www.modeltoycars.com/for_sale/pc/catalog/car1/11038YL_BOX-det.jpg

peripheral
08-19-2017, 02:59 PM
I just watched the teaser trailer. AMAZING. Just amazing. I've been reading the comments here and I think St. Troy's comments about this being a custom made art piece are spot on. I think we all know, when we buy Gift editions, S/L or Lettered "Books", they're not really books. Most of us don't read them - we have 'reading copies' for that - these are pieces of art that represent a passion we all share (King). So, as to their price, I think it's helpful that they're viewed as multi-media art pieces.

I personally haven't purchased any of the Suntup Rebound editions, only because they're not exactly in line with my collecting goals (to which I struggle to stay true), and because I only have so much $$$ to spend on this hobby and have to make some tough decisions to prioritise. But, the quality of these editions are staggering. They're stunning, beautiful, glorious (I can't think of enough superlatives). They dwarf the editions produced from the established small publishers (not a clear direct comparison, I know, but I'd go one of these rebounds over any unsigned Lettered from a small publisher).

So, have I been tempted to break some personal rules and purchase - YES! Will I regret that I haven't purchased these in the future - VERY highly likely. But, for now, I enviously look on at my fellow collectors as the editions roll in for vicarious enjoyment (self-flagellation), and feel great that I'm part of a community where this stuff is taking place.

webstar1000
08-19-2017, 03:35 PM
I can't believe that video wasn't stock footage!!!

Randall Flagg
08-19-2017, 04:51 PM
I can't believe that video wasn't stock footage!!!

How little you know about Paul...

ICry4Oy
08-19-2017, 07:43 PM
The video was impressive!

ICry4Oy
08-19-2017, 07:46 PM
...I do have some uneasiness about investing that much money upfront...

Don't worry, you won't have to. :evil:

Aww :cry:

You KNOW I'll buy IT, but anyone who knows me knows I have to bitch first :panic:

zelig
08-19-2017, 08:44 PM

St. Troy, forgot to mention, I appreciate you saying this. It's very insightful. When you see all the details on Monday, your words will ring true.

TCCBodhi
08-20-2017, 01:18 AM

It's been done before, if I'm remembering correctly.... either on a book or artwork where the wriartist'ss blood was mixed in with the ink or paint depending on which is firing my memory.

needfulthings
08-20-2017, 01:35 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/8472/H6o1l9.jpg

Tommy
08-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Some of Bloodletting Press' lettered editions were signed in blood but I cannot find a list of the ones that were....

webstar1000
08-20-2017, 09:29 AM
I am so excited for Monday!!

Sir_Boomme
08-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Some of Bloodletting Press' lettered editions were signed in blood but I cannot find a list of the ones that were....

This isn't blood... but it is real human bones...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4404/35865490404_3fd6991cca_b.jpg

webstar1000
08-20-2017, 03:02 PM

This isn't blood... but it is real human bones...

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4404/35865490404_3fd6991cca_b.jpg

Is it not pig bones?

Randall Flagg
08-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Real human bones. The book is bound in pigskin that looks just like human skin (texture, color, hair pores etc.)
It also comes housed in a locked metal cage.
Vistors to my house ignore the Regulators S/L, and The Stand coffin case. They just want to open the cage.

My book has a rib bone on the cover. Sir_boomme's has what appear to be vertebrae bones.

webstar1000
08-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Real human bones. The book is bound in pigskin that looks just like human skin (texture, color, hair pores etc.)
It also comes housed in a locked metal cage.
Vistors to my house ignore the Regulators S/L, and The Stand coffin case. They just want to open the cage.

My book has a rib bone on the cover. Sir_boomme's has what appear to be vertebrae bones.

I have always loved that production...

Joe315
08-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Looks like a cervical vertebra and the sternum maybe.

Randall Flagg
08-20-2017, 05:11 PM
I'll try to not hijack the thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305226450-IMG_2836.JPG

Randall Flagg
08-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Looks like a cervical vertebra and the sternum maybe.
Looks to be thoracic, or lumbar vertebrae. Most likely thoracic.
The other bone is a mystery to me.

Tommy
08-20-2017, 07:40 PM
anthropodermic bibliopegy.....

The macabre world of books bound in human skin (http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27903742)

St. Troy
08-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Real human bones.

I love books, and I love productions that take it all the way, but...

webstar1000
08-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Annnnnd back on topic... cause full reveal is just a short time away!!

wolfehr
08-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Annnnnd back on topic... cause full reveal is just a short time away!!

:excited:

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-21-2017, 07:31 AM
IT is getting closer :excited:

zelig
08-21-2017, 08:00 AM
IT's Alive!

FULL details at: http://dragonrebound.com (http://dragonrebound.com)

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/16-1.jpg

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/13.jpg

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/9-1.jpg

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/15.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: Firestarter owners will receive an email today with a link to the private order page. I did everything I could to make this affordable for those who love these books and don't want to lose out. I am offering an installment plan of 8 monthly payments. If you can pay in full up-front, please do so because I have a massive deposit to make. Anyway, enough babble. I hope you enjoy what I put together for you!

FULL details at: http://dragonrebound.com (http://dragonrebound.com)

Randall Flagg
08-21-2017, 08:12 AM
An undeniable masterpiece!

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-21-2017, 08:12 AM
WOW

Aronstg
08-21-2017, 08:39 AM
This is absolutely incredible. A huge kudos for all involved and especially Paul. My jaw is dropped.

St. Troy
08-21-2017, 08:40 AM
Let's not make the "it's grate" joke, ok? And no, that doesn't count.

webstar1000
08-21-2017, 08:44 AM
This really is a work of art. I worked with Paul (don't give me too much credit as he did ALL THE HARD WORK!!) on this for about a year now. It really has been a fun and wild ride. I cannot say enough how proud I am of what Paul has built. When I say Lettered Regualtor territory... it is. I have friends (that don't come here) BEGGING me for a hook up as they seen my name on the site. All I could tell them... was GET YOUR NAME ON THE WAIT LIST. I love IT and this production is what RF said.. A MASTERPIECE!!

dnemec
08-21-2017, 08:47 AM
There isn't any part of that book that isn't amazing. Gorgeous, Paul!

ICry4Oy
08-21-2017, 09:20 AM
Any hesitation I had about this book flew the fuck out the window. It is jaw droppingly stunning in every sense of the word.

As the saying goes, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

zelig
08-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Thanks all!

Let's not make the "it's grate" joke, ok? And no, that doesn't count.

Good one. I will say though, that the wait list sure has BALLOONED since announcing this...

webstar1000
08-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Any hesitation I had about this book flew the fuck out the window. It is jaw droppingly stunning in every sense of the word.

As the saying goes, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!

lol

firemonkey66
08-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Paul, IT looks awesome:) congrats!

jsmcmullen92
08-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Paul what's the rough number on the wait-list? I'm guessing 75+? or is it more? After how many do you just stop allowing people on the waitlist

becca69
08-21-2017, 11:28 AM
I'm partial to the paper boat :ninja:

zelig
08-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Paul what's the rough number on the wait-list? I'm guessing 75+? or is it more? After how many do you just stop allowing people on the waitlist

I haven't counted them yet. It's on my list to do. Right now, I don't have plans to close the list. Submissions received in the past couple days though would have very little chance of getting a copy.

BTW, the private order link has been emailed. If anyone who purchased Firestarter has not received the email, please let me know.

wolfehr
08-21-2017, 11:30 AM

I thought it was really cool too! Trying to decide how I'd display it. Maybe perched on top?

The Library Policeman
08-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Yeah that book is pretty fucking amazing, Paul!!

becca69
08-21-2017, 11:31 AM

I thought it was really cool too! Trying to decide how I'd display it. Maybe perched on top?

Well thoughts are you can lay it right under the grate (after it floated down the drain).

Oh, and make sure you read the articles (headlines), they are pretty cool.

wolfehr
08-21-2017, 11:32 AM

Well thoughts are you can lay it right under the grate (after it floated down the drain).

Don't know how I didn't think of that :)

Tommy
08-21-2017, 11:43 AM
It's gorgeous Paul! Ordered my copy and chose the payment option. How long will it take for the second email to show up the ordering page talked about?

wolfehr
08-21-2017, 11:43 AM
It's gorgeous Paul! Ordered my copy and chose the payment option. How long will it take for the second email to show up the ordering page talked about?

I got an email a few minutes later that I started a subscription which will kick off on 8/22.

Lookwhoitis
08-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Amazing!

Tommy
08-21-2017, 11:50 AM

I got an email a few minutes later that I started a subscription which will kick off on 8/22.

I got that one too but I thought there was supposed to be another one regarding payment? Probably just me being obtuse. :doh:

wolfehr
08-21-2017, 11:51 AM

I got that one too but I thought there was supposed to be another one regarding payment? Probably just me being obtuse. :doh:

Ahh, got it. Based on the email I just assumed I'd get an email tomorrow asking for payment. Definitely an assumption I made though.

zelig
08-21-2017, 11:57 AM

Ahh, got it. Based on the email I just assumed I'd get an email tomorrow asking for payment. Definitely an assumption I made though.

So yes, how it works is that you will get that initial email notification, and then tomorrow, you'll get another email with a link to pay. Just make sure if you're selecting the installment option, that you check the box to save the card info per the screenshots I provided.

Tommy
08-21-2017, 12:20 PM

So yes, how it works is that you will get that initial email notification, and then tomorrow, you'll get another email with a link to pay. Just make sure if you're selecting the installment option, that you check the box to save the card info per the screenshots I provided.

Thanks Paul, I sped through the ordering page too fast and should have read more closely.

needfulthings
08-21-2017, 04:13 PM
What a GREAT concept a bookcase DESIGNED to be laid flat to hold the paper boat.
:evil:Any chance of a preorigami BANGOR DAILY NEWS to also be included?

zelig
08-21-2017, 04:19 PM
:evil:Any chance of a preorigami BANGOR DAILY NEWS to also be included?

You mean like an unfolded sheet?

needfulthings
08-21-2017, 04:32 PM
YES & A CERAMIC or RESIN CLAW designed to set on top of the grate with the paper boat.

Randall Flagg
08-21-2017, 04:42 PM
YES & A CERAMIC or RESIN CLAW designed to set on top of the grate with the paper boat.
Everyone always wants to add their great idea. Can't speak for Paul, but I'd guess that such added requests-if even possible, would add a fair amount to the price.

Randall Flagg
08-21-2017, 04:47 PM
FYI, if you view the video for the EOTD portfolio, you might catch a glimpse of the paper boat.

Hints were there all along.

P.S. Thanks to Paul, and Cemetery Dance; over 6.5K views.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheDarkTowerorg-152476578149394/videos/?ref=page_internal

needfulthings
08-21-2017, 04:55 PM
SO? I did not ask you for you'r 2 cents .This is something for Paul to decide. It could be added as an extra option.

Randall Flagg
08-21-2017, 04:55 PM
SO? It could be added as an extra option.
Only Paul can answer...

Randall Flagg
08-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Only Paul can answer...

Oops, only Paul and "The Claw" can answer that...

zelig
08-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Only Paul can answer...

Oops, only Paul and "The Claw" can answer that...

The wheels are turning...

becca69
08-21-2017, 06:39 PM
Just realize that the unfolded paper boat is rearranged so that the sections look good when folded. It's basically broken-up and put back together like Humpty Dumpty :wink:

needfulthings
08-21-2017, 06:51 PM
Is there a PRE- Humpty Dumpty version?

becca69
08-21-2017, 07:04 PM

Technically, yes, but not a printed version... that, again, would be Paul's decision.

zelig
08-21-2017, 07:46 PM

Technically, yes, but not a printed version... that, again, would be Paul's decision.

I know I had extras of the printed "fold-ready" sheets but I can't find them! When you mentioned it earlier, I realized I hadn't seen them in a while so I went looking, and couldn't find them. I know they're around here somewhere. As to the pre-Humpty Dumpty version, like Rebecca said, we never printed those but I have the digital files before they went under the knife.

ruderabbit
08-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Happy to be invited to be a part of this special opportunity.

IT looks so cool.

Thanks Paul.

Ari_Racing
08-22-2017, 09:53 AM
It looks AWESOME!

surly
08-22-2017, 10:33 AM
just...wow. It really is a work of art and embodies everything you would hope a special edition to be.
The only problem with it is...how the hell are you going to follow that up?!?

Tommy
08-22-2017, 10:45 AM
just...wow. It really is a work of art and embodies everything you would hope a special edition to be.

Cujo comes with a St. Bernard and a bat full of rabies so you can play along at home...:evil:

needfulthings
08-22-2017, 10:46 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9966/fnX0RW.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5933/3gLEdt.jpg

Randall Flagg
08-22-2017, 11:37 AM

Special edition of Gerald ' s Game. Leather and lace with a handcuff attached.
You put the handcuff on, then realize the enclosed key doesn't work.
You have to post a video of you reading the book, with the cuff visible then Paul will mail you the proper key (for $99).

St. Troy
08-22-2017, 11:44 AM
I remember that "IT is coming" poster, or something very much like it. Back in the days when you had to go to book stores - and they were a great place to be. Exciting time.

herbertwest
08-22-2017, 01:19 PM

Cujo comes with a St. Bernard and a bat full of rabies so you can play along at home...:evil:

The Stand?
Remember that the publisher from the limited THE STAND had an idea at some point that he could not do? Maybe could contact him...?

herbertwest
08-22-2017, 01:34 PM
Dumb question : 52 books for IT? I dont remember seeing that information on the website

stroppygoblin
08-22-2017, 01:35 PM

The Stand?
Remember that the publisher from the limited THE STAND had an idea at some point that he could not do? Maybe could contact him...?

It's been done.last years HF had a case created by Dolso that matched the original concept. It's owned by jsmcmullen92

TCCBodhi
08-22-2017, 01:53 PM
and it(The Stand) is BEAUTIFUL. I saw it firsthand this summer!

Randall Flagg
08-22-2017, 02:14 PM
The one for the fundraiser was a one of a kind .
I'm sure Paul could make something equally impressive...if not more.

zelig
08-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Happy to be invited to be a part of this special opportunity.

IT looks so cool.

Thanks Paul.

Happy to have you part of it again!

It looks AWESOME!

Thanks Ari.

I was thinking the same thing! At least I have some time to think about it. For now the priority is getting Firestarter finished and keep IT moving forward. ;-)

Dumb question : 52 books for IT? I dont remember seeing that information on the website

Are you referring to this custom bound edition? If so, there are 26 for sale.

herbertwest
08-23-2017, 12:04 AM

The Stand?

It's been done.last years HF had a case created by Dolso that matched the original concept. It's owned by jsmcmullen92

true i forgot. And ok, 26 copies thanks for the reply

saginaw
08-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Don't know if you saw this. http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/this-leather-bound-first-edition-of-stephen-kings-it-can-be-yours-for-1475

webstar1000
08-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Don't know if you saw this. http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/this-leather-bound-first-edition-of-stephen-kings-it-can-be-yours-for-1475

It's all over the place. The buzz is FAR more than I thought it would be!!

zelig
08-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Well, I tell you... the response to this book has been unbelievable. I never expected it to be such a topic of conversation. It has been featured on some very popular blogs, like bloody-disgusting.com, and the SYFY Wire.

The Facebook post has experienced a reach of 25,000+ people, and has been shared 89 times.

For your reading pleasure, I have culled some of my most favorite comments about the book from across the web and social media. I just love them. I present to you, my top 5 list:

#5 - Almost made a cheerio come out of my nose after I saw the price
#4 - So that's pretty much a dollar a page! You can keep it. Highway robbery at its best!
#3 - I like it. But you would have to be out of your fucking mind to pay fifteen hundred for this.
#2 - Jesus, those balloons look fucking awful! Who the hell came up with this monstrosity?
#1 - I don't think even Stephen King could afford this.

webstar1000
08-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Well, I tell you... the response to this book has been unbelievable. I never expected it to be such a topic of conversation. It has been featured on some very popular blogs, like bloody-disgusting.com, and the SYFY Wire.

The Facebook post has experienced a reach of 25,000+ people, and has been shared 89 times.

For your reading pleasure, I have culled some of my most favorite comments about the book from across the web and social media. I just love them. I present to you, my top 5 list:

#4 - So that's pretty much a dollar a page! You can keep it. Highway robbery at its best!
#3 - I like it. But you would have to be out of your fucking mind to pay fifteen hundred for this.
#2 - Jesus, those balloons look fucking awful! Who the hell came up with this monstrosity?

I seen some of those too! Lol I had to laugh. #madtheyaintgettingone

Randall Flagg
08-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Based upon those comments, I think I'm not buying one.

(Waits for dozens of inquiries about getting my letter A)

Don't even think of it

zelig
08-23-2017, 04:42 PM
My bad. I forgot this one, which is worth a mention:

This one doesn't have anything special to be honest. If they lowered the price to around $100 dollars I'm sure more people would be interested. For the price they are asking I'd expect full colored illustrations as well, not just new cover and slip case that looks like a cardboard and the metal part.

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-23-2017, 04:47 PM
As they say "Haters gonna hate":emot-roflolmao: Hopefully I never get to the point where social media influences my book buying...Id never get to buy anything cool:biggrin: (Not counting TDT, as it influences/tempts me into many less-than-sound financial decisions):biggrin1:

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-23-2017, 05:00 PM
My bad. I forgot this one, which is worth a mention:

This one doesn't have anything special to be honest. If they lowered the price to around $100 dollars I'm sure more people would be interested. For the price they are asking I'd expect full colored illustrations as well, not just new cover and slip case that looks like a cardboard and the metal part.

For $100 I might sell them some left over cotton floss and a paper boat that didn't make the cut (maybe folded into a truck or something)

TravelinJack
08-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Late to share some kudos. Paul - as always, an amazing creation. It looks fantastic!

Randall Flagg
08-23-2017, 05:45 PM

The more attention something gets, the more trolls appear. The good news is that nowadays even moronic statements provide publicity. The better news is (for 26 buyers who willing, gleefully, are buying one), that you are raising the bar for what can be done with a King book.

P.S.

The comment about King being able to afford one is silly. I'm sure if King asked for one, you would find a way to work out a mutually agreeable deal.

zelig
08-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Yes I may have to give Mr. King a discount or something. But yeah, I get a good laugh out of the troll comments. Some of these were doozies. It's just really great that the book is getting the attention that it is.

And thanks Luke for the comment.

firemonkey66
08-23-2017, 07:00 PM
To quote an old adage: opinions are like assholes, everybody has one...

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-23-2017, 07:02 PM

The more attention something gets, the more trolls appear. The good news is that nowadays even moronic statements provide publicity. The better news is (for 26 buyers who willing, gleefully, are buying one), that you are raising the bar for what can be done with a King book.

P.S.

The comment about King being able to afford one is silly. I'm sure if King asked for one, you would find a way to work out a mutually agreeable deal.

This about sums it up:thumbsup: i know im downright giddy about getting one

cit74
08-23-2017, 08:56 PM
What I found interesting - at the end of this write up as well as at the end of Larry Fire's blog - the last line is that you can order your copy here...it gives the illusion that it might be available on a larger scale. I do not think either mentioned the small number being produced. So the trolls might come out again as to why they couldn't purchase a copy. BTW just made my first installment

Tommy
08-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Gotta love installments, I wish every publisher offered them.

AKC
08-24-2017, 04:13 AM
You are either a fan of rebound books or you are not.

Not really a middle ground. For me anyway....

Ari_Racing
08-24-2017, 04:33 AM
Yes I may have to give Mr. King a discount or something. But yeah, I get a good laugh out of the troll comments. Some of these were doozies. It's just really great that the book is getting the attention that it is.

And thanks Luke for the comment.

For the last seven years I've been taking care of the social networks of the Spanish Publisher (www.facebook.com/todostephenking) and my bookstore (www.facebook.com/restaurantdelamente) and the percentage of trolls is getting higher. The good thing is that for every troll there's always a couple of people willing to reply them (usually tagging the trolls as people with lack of sex :D ). When my book was published I got some as well (one even saying that the publication was a conspiracy by the publishing house (Penguin Random House) to steal sales of his book (a book by SK published on demand). LOL.

St. Troy
08-24-2017, 05:26 AM
I believe many of these comments are probably not intentional trolling; I'm guessing news of this It is reaching quite a few people who are new to the whole idea, and to whom, therefore, the idea of a $1,500 book is outlandish to the point of being offensive.

The person who mentioned a $100 edition is on to something, in that we know such things can be great indeed (someone should hook that person up with the product page for CD's It GE so they can see it's been done).

herbertwest
08-24-2017, 06:03 AM
Except that the CD Gift ed of IT are now apparently worth about $800 ;)

webstar1000
08-24-2017, 06:51 AM

I don't know if a single sale at $800... $500 to $600 max is the rate.

zelig
08-24-2017, 07:02 AM
I believe many of these comments are probably not intentional trolling; I'm guessing news of this It is reaching quite a few people who are new to the whole idea, and to whom, therefore, the idea of a $1,500 book is outlandish to the point of being offensive.

I think this is exactly the case.

stroppygoblin
08-24-2017, 07:54 AM

May not be selling, but certainly being touted at that price... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Cemetery-Dance-Rare-/152676223693?hash=item238c364acd:g:b4UAAOSwQWlZmFK z)

webstar1000
08-24-2017, 07:54 AM

May not be selling, but certainly being touted at that price... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Limited-Edition-Cemetery-Dance-Rare-/152676223693?hash=item238c364acd:g:b4UAAOSwQWlZmFK z)

I am only speaking sales...

becca69
08-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Recently there have been some Gift editions sell in the $700 range.

wizardsrainbow
08-24-2017, 11:29 AM

Agree 100%, you either ARE or NOT

needfulthings
08-24-2017, 11:58 AM
But with Dragon Rebound Editions you are getting True Art Treasures by Renowned Artisans also.

Kingfan24
08-24-2017, 12:16 PM

Agree 100%, you either ARE or NOT

It's interesting you say that because, didn't Stu do a rebound edition of the Salem's Lot centipede press edition? I believe that has been one of the most clamoured over Editions on this site for many people and those were simply a classic rebound with fine materials. These are on a whole other plane! Not only are you getting a rebound in some of the finest materials available but you are getting the book as a piece of art. The Georgie boat and sewer grate - I mean cmon that's fucking awesome. Not to mention the prints that come with the book signed by the original artist. This site has gone nuts over much, much less than this. These are true works of craftsmanship and vision.

AKC
08-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Neither David or I are questioning the quality of craftsmanship or materials used in conjunction with Paul's projects. They appear to be second-to-none.

Simply suggesting that most collectors are clearly on one side of the fence or the other specific to the collectible appeal of a rebound book.

Paul, well done and congrats on the success.

Randall Flagg
08-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Neither David or I are questioning the quality of craftsmanship or materials used in conjunction with Paul's projects. They appear to be second-to-none.

Simply suggesting that most collectors are clearly on one side of the fence or the other specific to the collectible appeal of a rebound book.

Paul, well done and congrats on the success.
I'm not "on one side of the fence or or the other". I judge each rebound on their own merits. There are some I'm not a fan of, but most I enjoy. As with any book, some want one, some don't. The trolls out there just want to hate, or they are jealous.
I don't collect vintage cars, and I'm sometimes amazed at what old cars fetch at auction-including custom cars (which is similar to rebinding a book-one takes a car and modifies it). I don't go around denigrating the cars, or the people who like them.

Randall Flagg
08-24-2017, 01:13 PM
It's interesting you say that because, didn't Stu do a rebound edition of the Salem's Lot centipede press edition? I believe that has been one of the most clamoured over Editions on this site for many people and those were simply a classic rebound with fine materials.

I love those rebounds. It was a different way to look at the CP book, with page blocks that were mostly thrown away.
I have my eye on one right now...

firemonkey66
08-24-2017, 01:26 PM
If you don't like rebound books and aren't interested in collecting them, that's your prerogagative. But why come into this thread and post that fact?

Randall Flagg
08-24-2017, 01:33 PM
If you don't like rebound books and aren't interested in collecting them, that's your prerogagative. But why come into this thread and post that fact?
Most of the conversation was about third party sites and the trolls. I'm not aware of many members posting anything here in the thread that was derogatory. Maybe they said it wasn't there style, but spirited conversation is good.

Alec
08-24-2017, 01:59 PM
I see nothing derogatory in the comments made, only opinions from respected collectors.
Personally I think Paul has carved out a position for himself that is second to none in the rebound market. I think the product is exquisite in design and quality. I started out supporting him and will continue collecting whatever he has to offer.
I find it interesting that other collectors have a different point of view and are prepared to bring that into the discussion.
As Jerome stated, "spirited conversation is good".

firemonkey66
08-24-2017, 03:50 PM
I wasn't suggesting that any of the comments were derogatory. I was posing a rhetorical question. I'll elaborate for the sake of discussion.

The observation that there are some people that like a thing (aka, a rebound book) and some that don't is just stating the obvious. That's basically neutral information, like stating that the sky is blue.

On the other hand, posting how much you like this rebound IT in this thread is a way of celebrating the book, congratulating Paul on his work, and sharing excitement about a shared interest.

In contrast, what does posting that you're not interested in rebound books serve?

webstar1000
08-24-2017, 04:12 PM
I wasn't suggesting that any of the comments were derogatory. I was posing a rhetorical question. I'll elaborate for the sake of discussion.

The observation that there are some people that like a thing (aka, a rebound book) and some that don't is just stating the obvious. That's basically neutral information, like stating that the sky is blue.

On the other hand, posting how much you like this rebound IT in this thread is a way of celebrating the book, congratulating Paul on his work, and sharing excitement about a shared interest.

In contrast, what does posting that you're not interested in rebound books serve?

I see no issue with any of the statements. Comments were not rude or offensive. Perhaps blowing this a little out of proportion? This is a forum... for discussion... and I welcome all views... as should you.

AKC
08-24-2017, 04:13 PM
I must have missed the post where a member specifically indicated he/she wasn't interested in rebound books.

In the interest of not derailing the thread and burying the overwhelming positive feedback specific to Paul's work, including that which I afforded, I'll leave it to everybody else to debate/discuss while I go make sure the sky is blue....

To those that purchased, enjoy the acquisition. It appears to be a fabulous, one of a kind production.

Randall Flagg
08-24-2017, 04:50 PM

Refer back to post #176.

"If you don't like rebound books and aren't interested in collecting them, that's your prerogagative.(SIC) But why come into this thread and post that fact?"
is not (IMO) a rhetorical question.

This thread is for members. It is not owned or moderated by Dragon Rebound. Thus spirited conversation is encouraged, while trolling is discouraged.

firemonkey66
08-24-2017, 05:39 PM
This thread is for members. It is not owned or moderated by Dragon Rebound. Thus spirited conversation is encouraged, while trolling is discouraged.

Perhaps webstar is right and I'm just in a 'blowing things out of proportion' type of mood, because it sounds like you are likening my posts to trolling, which is ridiculous to the point of being comical. You can't extol the virtues of spirited discussion and then reprimand me - a member - for my posts like I'm some internet troll posting comments for the sake of being an anonymous jerk.

stroppygoblin
08-25-2017, 12:25 AM

Perhaps webstar is right and I'm just in a 'blowing things out of proportion' type of mood, because it sounds like you are likening my posts to trolling, which is ridiculous to the point of being comical. You can't extol the virtues of spirited discussion and then reprimand me - a member - for my posts like I'm some internet troll posting comments for the sake of being an anonymous jerk.

Not quite sure how you interpreted RF's comments as personal to you, but IMHO they were in general regarding the comments made in social media previously. "Discussion is good, trolling is Bad" - so far in this thread, everyone is discussing and NO-ONE is trolling.

firemonkey66
08-25-2017, 01:17 AM

Not quite sure how you interpreted RF's comments as personal to you, but IMHO they were in general regarding the comments made in social media previously. "Discussion is good, trolling is Bad" - so far in this thread, everyone is discussing and NO-ONE is trolling.

His post was replying to my post and literally quoting me right before making that comment about trolling, I don't think it's that far of a stretch.

Randall Flagg
08-25-2017, 05:46 AM
Wasn't saying you are a troll. As mentioned, was talking about social media people. Relax, we like you around here.

Br!an
08-25-2017, 01:01 PM
I just spent some time catching up on this thread.

It was a great read, mostly.

Paul, amazing as always. Love the sewer grate magnetic box! Love the boat! Love the embroidery!

Love the easy payment plan! (I like the claw idea too!)

I love it all!

zelig
08-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Thanks Brian.

So, the deadline for previous owners to place their order has passed, and I thought I'd share the numbers. All but three have purchased their matching IT. I'll contact those on the wait list, which is very long, so there will be three happy campers pretty soon.

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Thanks Brian.

So, the deadline for previous owners to place their order has passed, and I thought I'd share the numbers. All but three have purchased their matching IT. I'll contact those on the wait list, which is very long, so there will be three happy campers pretty soon.

Impressive! There will be three very happy campers to be sure:thumbsup:

Br!an
08-26-2017, 07:16 AM
Thanks Brian.

Only one more than last time.

All but two of the original EOTD buyers have purchased Firestarter, which translates to a 92% retention.

webstar1000
08-28-2017, 02:54 AM
Thanks Brian.

I am surprised 3 passed... I bet you they could have gotten the book, and flipped it for $500 profit. Perhaps it was too much money for them. Were the people on the waiting list happy that you reached out to Paul?

stroppygoblin
08-28-2017, 03:24 AM
Thanks Brian.

I am surprised 3 passed... I bet you they could have gotten the book, and flipped it for $500 profit. Perhaps it was too much money for them. Were the people on the waiting list happy that you reached out to Paul?

$500? at least double that.
EOTD - Original price $425 - a couple of known sales ~$1800
Fire-starter - Original price ~$795 - at least one known sale $2000 (and that's before it's been released!)

With the high demand for IT and the long line of people queuing up for one, secondary market price price will be up around $2.5 - 3K

webstar1000
08-28-2017, 03:50 AM
Thanks Brian.

Fire-starter - Original price ~$795 - at least one known sale $2000 (and that's before it's been released!)

With the high demand for IT and the long line of people queuing up for one, secondary market price price will be up around $2.5 - 3K

I was being conservative. I think 3K is pushing it... But I don't disagree with you. Perhaps $2.5....

zelig
08-29-2017, 08:52 PM
Thanks Brian.

I was being conservative. I think 3K is pushing it... But I don't disagree with you. Perhaps $2.5....

Naw, at least $5K.

zelig
08-29-2017, 08:53 PM
So these are now sold out.

zelig
08-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Oh, and Brian, that avatar is almost as scary as Tina.

Br!an
08-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Oh, and Brian, that avatar is almost as scary as Tina.

It still scares me and so does Talky Tina.

My name is Talky Tina, and I think I'd like to see you float.

zelig
08-30-2017, 02:14 PM
An 80 lb box of IT's is headed to the bookbinder.

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/it-books.jpg

Randall Flagg
08-30-2017, 02:38 PM
80LB?

That's like UPS special ground, or something palatalized. Get help picking it up.

zelig
08-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Yeah, 80 lbs. I can't lift it. That would be the end of my back. I've scheduled a FedEx pickup. I reinforced the walls with extra board. It's pretty solid. And this isn't even all the copies. Will be sending a second box, although not as big.

webstar1000
08-30-2017, 03:28 PM
I never asked ya Paul. But do you have a wish Date for shipping of these bad boys? Obviously next year... just wasn't sure when

zelig
08-31-2017, 07:11 PM
I never asked ya Paul. But do you have a wish Date for shipping of these bad boys? Obviously next year... just wasn't sure when

Yes, the estimated completion date is at the bottom of the web page. May 2018.

webstar1000
09-01-2017, 03:34 AM

Yes, the estimated completion date is at the bottom of the web page. May 2018.

Thanks Paul!

zelig
09-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Sevim posted this short video she made showing her painting Pennywise for the endpapers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQ5sRTTHLE?rel=0

firemonkey66
09-08-2017, 05:43 PM
That is cool as hell. I don't understand how the ink transfers all nicely to the paper without dripping all over the place. Must have something to do with the characteristics of the ink and/or paper?

Edit: Haha, on second thought, she's a master of her craft, so it's probably just a matter of experience. If I were to try it, the ink would drip all over the place.

Br!an
09-08-2017, 05:52 PM
That is cool as hell. I don't understand how the ink transfers all nicely to the paper without dripping all over the place. Must have something to do with the characteristics of the ink and/or paper?

Wiki has a decent article about paper marbling. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_marbling)

This site (http://web.itu.edu.tr/aksind/Personal/ebru.html) and this site (http://www.muslimheritage.com/article/ebru-art-paper-marbling)are specific to Ebru.

firemonkey66
09-08-2017, 05:57 PM

Wiki has a decent article about paper marbling. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_marbling)

This site (http://web.itu.edu.tr/aksind/Personal/ebru.html)is specific to Ebru.

That is a good article. Thanks, Brian:)

stroppygoblin
09-09-2017, 04:57 AM
That is just phenomenal- amazing skills!

webstar1000
09-11-2017, 03:45 AM
That is amazing!

Br!an
01-27-2018, 03:52 AM
All paid off! :thumbsup:

ICry4Oy
02-18-2018, 11:17 AM
Is this still on track for May(ish) Paul?

zelig
02-18-2018, 09:29 PM
Is this still on track for May(ish) Paul?

Yep, still on track. This one should be on schedule as we are not waiting for wood to dry! Boxes are almost done and sewer grates are in the process of being cast. Books are deep into the binding. Thanks for checking.

ICry4Oy
02-19-2018, 07:42 AM
Thanks Paul! SUPER excited for this one!!!!

zelig
02-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Thanks Paul! SUPER excited for this one!!!!

Me too!

zelig
03-25-2018, 08:22 PM
We are still on schedule for a May release of the rebound IT. I thought you'd like to see this. It's an uncut sheet of the bonus print of the preliminary sketch concept by Bob Giusti. This print is included as a bonus with the book, along with a print of the final cover art signed by Bob Giusti.

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/prelim.jpg

Tommy
03-25-2018, 09:18 PM
We are still on schedule for a May release of the rebound IT. I thought you'd like to see this. It's an uncut sheet of the bonus print of the preliminary sketch concept by Bob Giusti. This print is included as a bonus with the book, along with a print of the final cover art signed by Bob Giusti.

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/prelim.jpg

Very cool Paul, thanks for sharing!

Father Cody
03-26-2018, 06:57 AM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I’m way too late to the party here, yeah? I mean all IT rebounds are sold already?

wolfehr
03-26-2018, 07:00 AM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I’m way too late to the party here, yeah? I mean all IT rebounds are sold already?

Yes, it is sold out at this point.

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-26-2018, 10:15 AM
Very cool!

needfulthings
03-26-2018, 01:09 PM
" A WISH IS A DREAM YOUR HEART MAKES!" How LUCKY are we that Paul's wish is about to become part of some of our collections & that Paul has the ability to DREAM BIG.
Did you know this is not the 1st time IT was rebound in leather as a Limited Edition?
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/2276/EI0WBc.jpg

zelig
03-26-2018, 01:18 PM
" A WISH IS A DREAM YOUR HEART MAKES!" How LUCKY are we that Paul's wish is about to become part of some of our collections & that Paul has the ability to DREAM BIG.
Did you know this is not the 1st time IT was rebound in leather as a Limited Edition?

That's cool Bruce.

Talking about dreaming, Larry Fire emailed me last year saying I should make a paperweight of the paper boat that I made for the rebound IT.

It took a while in research and development, but I just received these shots of the prototype.

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/georgies-boat1.jpg

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/georgies-boat2.jpg

webstar1000
03-26-2018, 01:25 PM

That's cool Bruce.

Talking about dreaming, Larry Fire emailed me last year saying I should make a paperweight of the paper boat that I made for the rebound IT.

It took a while in research and development, but I just received these shots of the prototype.

Paul those are SICK!!! I love them!!

Merlin1958
03-26-2018, 01:25 PM

That's cool Bruce.

Ooooh, I want one!!!!!! I would set it next to my TMSG!!!! lol

ruderabbit
03-26-2018, 01:33 PM

That's cool Bruce.

Soooo Sweet

wolfehr
03-26-2018, 01:45 PM
So cool!

stroppygoblin
03-26-2018, 02:13 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/574/takemymoney.jpg

Ricky
03-26-2018, 03:06 PM
Paul, you can't post that paperweight without saying that you're now accepting pre-orders. :lol:

Feel free to send me one to, uh, you know...check for scratches and stuff.

zelig
03-26-2018, 03:38 PM
I’ll post details on how to order soon. Likely tomorrow.

lotuz
03-26-2018, 05:40 PM
What a cool idea - and great execution!

ICry4Oy
03-26-2018, 07:05 PM
I wanna brick my wall up with those paperweights!!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/OTBRkpv.jpg

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-26-2018, 07:17 PM
Well that’s just cool as hell

firemonkey66
03-26-2018, 10:02 PM
Can you letter them? And then sell me letter D?:)

zelig
03-27-2018, 06:12 AM

They will be numbered.

Standby for a link to order. TDT will have first crack.

zelig
03-27-2018, 06:21 AM
Order link: "Georgie's Boat" Limited Edition Paperweight (https://dragonrebound.ecwid.com/Georgies-Boat-Limited-Edition-Paperweight-p103377674)

Room 217 Caretaker
03-27-2018, 06:25 AM
Order link: "Georgie's Boat" Limited Edition Paperweight (https://dragonrebound.ecwid.com/Georgies-Boat-Limited-Edition-Paperweight-p103377674)

I ordered one. I like that it's numbered to show limitation.

Mulleins

Tommy
03-27-2018, 06:26 AM
May we request numbers?

Tommy
03-27-2018, 06:35 AM
May we request numbers?

I just read the description and since I am a rebound customer I get a lettered one! Sorry I did not read more closely, I miss things sometimes.

stroppygoblin
03-27-2018, 06:35 AM
May we request numbers?

NO. Specifically says, numbers will be based on order received. Only letters get matched.

webstar1000
03-27-2018, 06:36 AM

Is it one per house hold Paul?

Randall Flagg
03-27-2018, 06:38 AM
I ordered one. #19

Tommy
May we request numbers?

NO. Specifically says, numbers will be based on order received. Only letters get matched.

Apologies. My eyesight gets worse every day. I miss things sometimes.

webstar1000
I ordered one. #19

haha there is no 19. Numbers start after the letters... and go to 100 only

ruderabbit
03-27-2018, 07:08 AM
I'm in for my letter.

Thanks Paul, cool idea.

lotuz
03-27-2018, 08:09 AM
Ordered! I was temped to get two - at 2 lbs each they would make a cool set of bookends.

webstar1000
03-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Ordered! I was temped to get two - at 2 lbs each they would make a cool set of bookends.

I got two as well. I suspect this will be highly sought after.

firemonkey66
03-27-2018, 10:23 AM

They will be numbered.

Standby for a link to order. TDT will have first crack.

Ahhh, matching letter, paul you’re a gentleman and a scholar:)

wolfehr
03-27-2018, 01:46 PM

I was tempted as well, but ended up just ordering one. I didn’t think of the bookends idea though...

Father Cody
03-27-2018, 01:54 PM

I was tempted as well, but ended up just ordering one. I didn’t think of the bookends idea though...

I ordered one, too. The way I’m looking at it is I can still use the one as a bookend with the other side supported by a shelf wall. If I ever have dead space in my bookshelves I think that’s what I’m going to use this for.

Ricky
03-27-2018, 02:22 PM
$150? Yikes. Don't think I can justify that to myself. Sorry, self.

needfulthings
03-27-2018, 02:25 PM
:evil: I don't have any dead space on my book shelves.....
But I do in my Blu-Ray collection.
:lol:
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/1575/4PLhxA.jpg

Hunchback Jack
03-27-2018, 02:32 PM
$150? Yikes. Don't think I can justify that to myself. Sorry, self.

Sadly, this is also the case for me. But the paperweight looks fantastic.