PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 06:41 AM
https://stephenking.com/p/sleeping-beauties/#s111

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 06:41 AM
AND A CANADIAN DATE!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becca69
05-16-2017, 06:54 AM
Wonder if it's a signing or a "pre-signed" event?

bdwyer19
05-16-2017, 06:57 AM
The Sleeping Beauties book tour has been announced for September/October

https://stephenking.com/p/sleeping-beauties/

becca69
05-16-2017, 07:00 AM
There is another earlier thread ;)

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20983-SLEEPING-BEUATIES-SIGNING-TOUR!!!!!!!!!!

Roseannebarr
05-16-2017, 07:03 AM

I am sure most will be a pre signed event. Bookstore 1 might be the only one that is a signing. They have the experience of selling the books and handing out numbers, etc....

Brian861
05-16-2017, 07:03 AM
Will this be the official thread on this subject? I see another one was started as well. I bet pre-signed, Becca but we know how to spot 'em if allow to pick ourselves ;). I'm going to hope for the St. Louis event. Anyone else planning on attending that one?

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 07:09 AM

I am sure most will be a pre signed event. Bookstore 1 might be the only one that is a signing. They have the experience of selling the books and handing out numbers, etc....

Glenn was the one that happened in Toronto an official book signing where he signed anything?

Ivo
05-16-2017, 07:11 AM
I'd love to get to the Hudson Valley one. It would be neat if it were in Tarrytown where Sleepy Hollow is. Great place to visit especially in the fall.

bdwyer19
05-16-2017, 07:18 AM
Milwaukee!! Super excited! Might even try to fit Chicago in as well.

Aronstg
05-16-2017, 07:18 AM
I'm tentatively planning the Milwaukee signing depending on details. Optimistic that they might actually have a signing line to give Owen the experience of having one.

Aronstg
05-16-2017, 07:19 AM
Milwaukee!! Super excited! Might even try to fit Chicago in as well.

Haha.. perhaps I'll see in you Milwaukee!!

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 07:19 AM
I'm tentatively planning the Milwaukee signing depending on details. Optimistic that they might actually have a signing line to give Owen the experience of having one.

I JUST said that to a friend Aron. I bet your right...

surly
05-16-2017, 07:28 AM

Glenn was the one that happened in Toronto an official book signing where he signed anything?

I don't believe the last Toronto event was part of the official DR SLEEP tour. The appearance was a ticketed PEN event that was part of the Festival of Authors - tickets were $100.
The last time King made it to Toronto was the UTD tour which included an on-stage discussion between King and David Cronenberg (not nearly as great as it should have been) and that was a pre-signed lottery.

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 07:29 AM

I don't believe the last Toronto event was part of the official DR SLEEP tour. The appearance was a ticketed PEN event that was part of the Festival of Authors - tickets were $100.
The last time King made it to Toronto was the UTD tour which included an on-stage discussion between King and David Cronenberg (not nearly as great as it should have been) and that was a pre-signed lottery.

Thanks man. I do pray one day to be able to sit in front of him with my favorite book and have him sign it:)

C1TIZEN_X
05-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Can I ask a stupid question? What is a pre-signed event? Does that mean if I had a book I wanted to get signed it wouldn't be possible? In a pre-signed event do you buy a book that has already been signed? Sorry if this is an obvious question or has been explained elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian861
05-16-2017, 08:03 AM
Can I ask a stupid question? What is a pre-signed event? Does that mean if I had a book I wanted to get signed it wouldn't be possible? In a pre-signed event do you buy a book that has already been signed? Sorry if this is an obvious question or has been explained elsewhere.

Exactly what it means.

cit74
05-16-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm actually flying back east for a wedding in VT over that weekend - we get into NYC on the 27th - might try to fly in earlier or make the Boston event that night...not sure how happy the family will be - although they did go to the EOW event and had a nice time

tippy4
05-16-2017, 08:08 AM
Yes....but I suggest we keep both alive...many of us do not venture out of "The Corner".

Aronstg
05-16-2017, 08:19 AM
I'm planning on MKE pending further announcements and ticket availability.

cit74
05-16-2017, 08:20 AM
Haha - just checked where I'm actually flying into - we arrive in Hartford ct around 1030 am on the 28th - for a wedding in VT that weekend - so I've already got my plane tickets and we are less than 2 hours from downtown Boston - so I'm going to shoot for the Boston area event - lucky things so far have worked out

Kingfan24
05-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Just going to guess these will be a random presigned distribution thing.

becca69
05-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Yes....but I suggest we keep both alive...many of us do not venture out of "The Corner".

Expand your World View and hit "new posts" :unsure:

racerx45
05-16-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm going to try for both NYC and Portland, fingers crossed.

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 09:21 AM

Expand your World View and hit "new posts" :unsure:

I look at all the posts on the site. Lots of interesting people and stuff to see:)

Patrick
05-16-2017, 09:24 AM
Cool! I'm going to aim for the October 3rd event.

bdwyer19
05-16-2017, 09:42 AM
I'm definitely going to the Milwaukee event, and probably Chicago the night before. My wife already blocked the weekend on our calendar!

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 09:56 AM
I am so excited. Any Toronto/Canadian peeps going?

surly
05-16-2017, 10:07 AM

I suspect I might try to make the Toronto appearance.
Waiting to see the schedule of which are pre-signed and which (if any) are actual signings to see if I will try to attend any others.

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 10:08 AM

Waiting to see the schedule of which are pre-signed and which (if any) are actual signings to see if I will try to attend any others.

Ahhhh.... good idea. And here I am all like searching flights and looking at hotels and I know nothing. lol I just hope it is like the Dr. Sleep tour and King will do a little "extra" book signings when he is in Toronto again.. that was the last time right?

cit74
05-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Anyone planning on Boston area on the 28th? That's the one I'm shooting for - especially since we already fly into Hartford that morning - and the wedding isn't until Saturday (for our niece).

Roseannebarr
05-16-2017, 10:14 AM

Ahhhh.... good idea. And here I am all like searching flights and looking at hotels and I know nothing. lol I just hope it is like the Dr. Sleep tour and King will do a little "extra" book signings when he is in Toronto again.. that was the last time right?

Others can chime in, but that WAS not a DR. Sleep book tour. It was an international book festival with King as a featured guest. ALL the book tours are strictly the current book promotion. And his office/bookstores/agent are working hard to limit the books to the current book only.

Kingfan24
05-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Anyone planning on Boston area on the 28th? That's the one I'm shooting for - especially since we already fly into Hartford that morning - and the wedding isn't until Saturday (for our niece).

I think we will be there!

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 10:20 AM

Others can chime in, but that WAS not a DR. Sleep book tour. It was an international book festival with King as a featured guest. ALL the book tours are strictly the current book promotion. And his office/bookstores/agent are working hard to limit the books to the current book only.

ok thanks Glenn. My dream may never come true!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRr :arg:

bdwyer19
05-16-2017, 12:59 PM
I have it on good authority that the Milwaukee event is going to be at the Riverside Theater. It has a capacity of 2,400, so that would lead me to believe that this will be another 400 signed copy lottery.

Merlin1958
05-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Willing "Emmisaries" can apply here!!! lol lol

jreitan47
05-16-2017, 01:24 PM
I have not seen King since 2006 when he came to Seattle for a Lisey's Story reading/Q&A. You can bet I'll be in Portland as it's only 30 minutes away!

jsobanski
05-16-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm super excited! I might try to go to the Milwaukee event since it's only about a 5 hour car ride from home. We'll see though once more details are announced.

Ricky
05-16-2017, 01:59 PM
I'd like to try for NYC if you're guaranteed a copy with ticket/wristband, but another lottery doesn't really do anything for me (or if you have to purchase tickets/wristband in person weeks before the actual event).

Randall Flagg
05-16-2017, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to one of the events. Most likely Toronto, or Portland.

jreitan47
05-16-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to one of the events. Most likely Toronto, or Portland.

Come to Portland, we could do dinner!

Phalucha
05-16-2017, 04:00 PM
I will be in Toronto!

Lilja
05-17-2017, 04:10 AM
I would so love to go and meet up with you all. It sounds like you have a wonderful time when you meet. But living in Sweden that would be way to expencive...unless I win the lottery or some rich person sends me a plane ticket :-)

Lilja

webstar1000
05-17-2017, 05:22 AM
SO get this... If I were to book a flight from Halifax (about where I live) to Sarasota... I have a 24hr layover in Toronto. SO.. for NO extra money... I can go to both signings. Wife is all about it cause she gets a few days down south... I get two signings... What would you guys do?

stroppygoblin
05-17-2017, 05:24 AM
SO get this... If I were to book a flight from Halifax (about where I live) to Sarasota... I have a 24hr layover in Toronto. SO.. for NO extra money... I can go to both signings. Wife is all about it cause she gets a few days down south... I get two signings... What would you guys do?

Nah. don't bother. :evil:

The Library Policeman
05-17-2017, 05:26 AM

Definitely got to go for that, Kris. I would.

The Library Policeman
05-17-2017, 05:26 AM

Nah. don't bother. :evil:

Haha :D

bdwyer19
05-17-2017, 05:41 AM

Definitely do it! So you're thinking it will be a signing? My money is on the presigned lottery.

Kingfan24
05-17-2017, 05:44 AM

Definitely do it! So you're thinking it will be a signing? My money is on the presigned lottery.

Definitely going to be a presigned lottery

The Library Policeman
05-17-2017, 05:45 AM
Can't see any of them being a signing to be honest - and if any were, it would ONLY be copies of Sleeping Beauties being signed imo (which would still be cool), otherwise Owen would be sitting there doing very little.

biomieg
05-17-2017, 05:45 AM
I would so love to go and meet up with you all. It sounds like you have a wonderful time when you meet. But living in Sweden that would be way to expencive...unless I win the lottery or some rich person sends me a plane ticket :-)

Lilja

My thoughts exactly :)

The Library Policeman
05-17-2017, 05:47 AM
Yep. Think we Europeans had our last chance in Paris 13.

biomieg
05-17-2017, 05:48 AM
Yep (and I didn't go even though Paris is only a couple of hours away by car...)

The Library Policeman
05-17-2017, 05:50 AM
I went, actually I was ALLOWED to go as my daughter was due a couple of weeks later. Thank goodness she waited :evil:

bdwyer19
05-17-2017, 05:53 AM
I'm not too happy about the size of the venue in Milwaukee. 2,400 would make it tough to get a signed copy. But... the theater has one guest entrance, and then the stage door around the corner. No other main doors. So, I will likely be camped outside the door that afternoon when they come in to sign the 400 copies.

webstar1000
05-17-2017, 05:54 AM

I think the large venues will be presigned.. BUT smaller ones... who knows?

becca69
05-17-2017, 06:13 AM
I'm not too happy about the size of the venue in Milwaukee. 2,400 would make it tough to get a signed copy. But... the theater has one guest entrance, and then the stage door around the corner. No other main doors. So, I will likely be camped outside the door that afternoon when they come in to sign the 400 copies.

Where do you see info on venues?

bdwyer19
05-17-2017, 06:20 AM

Where do you see info on venues?

They aren't listed yet. Milwaukee really only has one major independent bookstore, so I called them and had a really good conversation with the manager. He mentioned the venue, but wouldn't say anything about the signing format.

EDIT: I just heard back from the bookstore that there will not be a formal signing.

RC65
05-17-2017, 06:46 AM
I'm shooting for the Portland date.

C1TIZEN_X
05-17-2017, 07:37 AM
I'm sorry for the probably obvious question, but I have never attended a book tour event before and I am beyond excited to even think I may have a chance to meet my favorite author of all time.

When "presigned" is mentioned, does that mean I would apply for a ticket via lottery drawing? If I were to get a ticket that gives me the right to purchase a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties at the event, correct? If so, any idea of the price of the book?

If the event is not a presigned event, would it still be a "ticket by lottery drawing"? If that is the case is there a guarantee that I would get a book signed if I were to get a ticket, or is the ticket only for the event and there's a chance I may get a book that I bring with me signed?

tippy4
05-17-2017, 07:50 AM
You buy a ticket to an event.

With that ticket comes a book at the end of the night.

Maybe it is signed, maybe it is not.

Typically King signs 400 books per event.

The chances of getting a different book signed are slim and none.

webstar1000
05-17-2017, 07:51 AM
You buy a ticket to an event.

With that ticket comes a book at the end of the night.

Maybe it is signed, maybe it is not.

Typically King signs 400 books per event.

The chances of getting a different book signed are slim and none.

LOL "slim and none". That seems to be so true with these events.

bdwyer19
05-17-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry for the probably obvious question, but I have never attended a book tour event before and I am beyond excited to even think I may have a chance to meet my favorite author of all time.

When "presigned" is mentioned, does that mean I would apply for a ticket via lottery drawing? If I were to get a ticket that gives me the right to purchase a signed copy of Sleeping Beauties at the event, correct? If so, any idea of the price of the book?

If the event is not a presigned event, would it still be a "ticket by lottery drawing"? If that is the case is there a guarantee that I would get a book signed if I were to get a ticket, or is the ticket only for the event and there's a chance I may get a book that I bring with me signed?

At the prior SK events, there were 400 copies of Doctor Sleep or Revival that were signed prior to the night he spoke. Then, once he was done and people would leave the venue, they would exchange their ticket for a book. Maybe it's signed, maybe not. Either way, you get a book, but only a certain number are signed copies.

C1TIZEN_X
05-17-2017, 07:55 AM

At the prior SK events, there were 400 copies of Doctor Sleep or Revival that were signed prior to the night he spoke. Then, once he was done and people would leave the venue, they would exchange their ticket for a book. Maybe it's signed, maybe not. Either way, you get a book, but only a certain number are signed copies.

OK, so it's a crap shoot even if you get a ticket. I'm still going to try to go to at least one of the events. Thanks for the info.

bdwyer19
05-17-2017, 07:59 AM

OK, so it's a crap shoot even if you get a ticket. I'm still going to try to go to at least one of the events. Thanks for the info.

It's well worth it if you've never seen him speak in person before. It makes for a very fun hour.

Aronstg
05-17-2017, 09:30 AM

There are some tips and tricks though. Becca might be able to help you out :) She posted a tip last tour and it helped me snag a signed copy.

EXPLORER
05-17-2017, 09:35 AM
And if tips a tricks get posted HERE...... THERE CAN BE A CHANCE STORES WILL READ OR HEAR OF THEM AND SET ABOUT WAYS TO PREVENT THOSE OPTIONS. It has happened

Keep that in mind

C1TIZEN_X
05-17-2017, 10:04 AM

There are some tips and tricks though. Becca might be able to help you out :) She posted a tip last tour and it helped me snag a signed copy.

How do I go about contacting this Becca you speak of :) I dont' know anyone on here, yet!!

herbertwest
05-17-2017, 10:10 AM

Lilja

+1

Cwalker
05-17-2017, 10:49 AM
As some others may attest to, a lot also depends on who the person is that is responsible for actually getting the signed copies into the flow. The Orono event proved that they don't always pick the best person for the job.....

On a side note, the "Boston Area" could cover a large chunk of northern New England. Anyone up for a return to Bridgton? :)

DoctorZaius
05-17-2017, 11:15 AM
As some others may attest to, a lot also depends on who the person is that is responsible for actually getting the signed copies into the flow. The Orono event proved that they don't always pick the best person for the job.....

On a side note, the "Boston Area" could cover a large chunk of northern New England. Anyone up for a return to Bridgton? :)

Boston area, implies Massachusetts.

Kingfan24
05-17-2017, 11:30 AM

Boston area, implies Massachusetts.

Yeah I would assume that as well. Don't want to do that drive again - Boston to Bridgton was a killer.

Cwalker
05-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I agree that Mass is implied. Just being a little sarcastic as Bridgton is a 30 min drive for me... as it is now I try to take the train anytime I go to Boston. As long as the subway gets me close to whatever venue I'm going to, it's a lot easier and cheaper!

Randall Flagg
05-17-2017, 12:59 PM
How do I go about contacting this Becca you speak of :) I dont' know anyone on here, yet!!
Send her a private Message.

C1TIZEN_X
05-17-2017, 01:00 PM
Send her a private Message.

Thanks. I found the member list and sent her a PM.

RichardX
05-17-2017, 01:45 PM

It's actually worse than that. A lot of folks at pre-signed events leave without even a pre-signed copy because they are randomly distributed at the end of the event. So your odds are dependent on how many signed books are made available and how many folks attend the event. It is a pretty awful format for collectors but it likely has the advantage for King that he doesn't have to sit there for hours.

Robert Fulman
05-17-2017, 02:31 PM
It's times like these that I like to remind people about the time SK spoke about 11/22/63 at the JFK library. Signed books were for sale at cover price. There were so few people who cared about buying the book that collectors were able to buy as many as they wanted simply buy buying one at a time and then going to the back of the line. Good times.

Roseannebarr
05-17-2017, 03:18 PM

It's actually worse than that. A lot of folks at pre-signed events leave without even a pre-signed copy because they are randomly distributed at the end of the event. So your odds are dependent on how many signed books are made available and how many folks attend the event. It is a pretty awful format for collectors but it likely has the advantage for King that he doesn't have to sit there for hours.

The format allows King to pre-sell 2400 or 1500 or 800 books while only having to sign 400 books Usually the price of admission includes 1 book with the chance of getting a signed copy.

some of the venues are so large nobody gets a signed copy. I think almost everyone was shut out in Colorado.

tippy4
05-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Well....I would not say everybody was shut out....at least 400 people got a signed book.

gsvec
05-17-2017, 04:05 PM
I may end up taking some time off and hitting Chicago, Milwaukee, AND St. Louis if I can snag tickets! Perfect for me since I live not toooo far from all three! :rock:

Roseannebarr
05-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Well....I would not say everybody was shut out....at least 400 people got a signed book.

:) I meant the dark tower group, but you are right 400 people went home very happy.

Randall Flagg
05-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Colorado was a tough place for collectors to obtain multiple copies (let alone one). I wasn't one of the ~400. That being said, the money I spent to go to the event, the price for staying at The Stanley hotel, the debauchery at The Stanley, as well as at the cottages in Boulder was money well spent. The signed Doctor Sleep goes for $200, but the fun was priceless.

hairy chicks, fellow members going nuts-some tripping over themselves to attempt to get a signature, standing in the drizzle for over an hour, the pizza..the first known appearance of Lot Guy.....

Ben Staad
05-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Nothing close to me. I will be in Sarasota for business in the summer but not in October. Hope whoever ends up going has a great time and takes lots of pictures.

Beverly Marsh
05-18-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm just happening to take a trip to NYC the last week of Sept(first time visit to the Big Apple!)so I'm going to wait and see what the details are for that particular stop on Sept. 26th. Obviously if it involves waiting in line a few weeks ahead then it 'aint gonna happen. The closest for me would be Boston which I would normally try for but I'll still be in NYC on that date. I have an S/L on order so getting a signed book isn't a priority but I always love watching him speak. Eh, we'll see but I'm not going to stress over it.

ZarkSeven
05-18-2017, 01:13 PM
I'll be going to the St. Louis event. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm for a signed book. My wife and I went to Kansas City for the Revival book tour and my kids came along with us for the Louisville End of Watch tour and we had no luck with signed copies. We enjoyed seeing him at both events though.

Roseannebarr
05-18-2017, 01:52 PM
I'll be going to the St. Louis event. Maybe 3rd time will be the charm for a signed book. My wife and I went to Kansas City for the Revival book tour and my kids came along with us for the Louisville End of Watch tour and we had no luck with signed copies. We enjoyed seeing him at both events though.

Both books are relatively cheap. $200 There is an abundance of these books amongst the members! If you need on request it in the King Books/Items wanted thread.

Randall Flagg
05-18-2017, 06:12 PM
The fun, excitement, charm for tours like these is enjoying SK's speech, and meeting fellow collectors.

I don't believe it's been mentioned, but SK usually gives a speech that is always a bit different at each venue, but 90% joke and anecdotes heard before. This being a "co-author" tour, I'd guess that Owen gets stage time, and after that Stephen will tell cool things about Owen, and give a slightly shorter speech. Just a guess.

TCCBodhi
05-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Yes, This probably won't be a particularly expensive book to find later if you don't go, but if I can get to St. Louis cheaply (and perhaps Hot Springs, AR on the way home) it will be a joy to see both Kings and all of the Corner Commoners.

cit74
05-18-2017, 08:22 PM

Let me know if you're looking for a signed copy of end of watch - I might still have an extra copy around now that my CD slipcases are in route - but you'll need a few more posts before you can send/receive a PM

webstar1000
05-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Yes, This probably won't be a particularly expensive book to find later if you don't go, but if I can get to St. Louis cheaply (and perhaps Hot Springs, AR on the way home) it will be a joy to see both Kings and all of the Corner Commoners.

I think where it is a larger book and with both signing the value will fall in the $225-$275 range when the dust settles... but for the most part I do agree. I sold 3 copies of End Of Watch for $175 shipped last month. They were 1sts and probaly one of the most signed books King has ever done. I did see that Bett's sold one at $199 last week...

C1TIZEN_X
05-19-2017, 06:31 AM
Any estimates on when we will be able to apply for tickets?

jreitan47
05-19-2017, 08:39 AM
I have a message out to my source at Powells Bookstore in Portland (a long-time Administrative employee) to see if she can find out any advance info. I'm assuming Powells will be handling the Oct. 3 event as they are the largest bookstore in the area.

ZarkSeven
05-19-2017, 08:56 AM

Both books are relatively cheap. $200 There is an abundance of these books amongst the members! If you need on request it in the King Books/Items wanted thread.

We were just happy to go to the events. A signed book would have just been icing. He did recycle a few stories in Louisville that we heard in Kansas City, so I'm looking forward to seeing how Owen's presence mixes things up.

Patrick
05-21-2017, 04:25 PM
I have a message out to my source at Powells Bookstore in Portland (a long-time Administrative employee) to see if she can find out any advance info. I'm assuming Powells will be handling the Oct. 3 event as they are the largest bookstore in the area.
I'll be looking forward to any information you can share, Jonathan.

east-tennessee
05-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Hoping they do some Southern U.S Cities...Nashville would be great..:cool2: I"ll be there with balls on ..:biggrin:

Brian861
05-21-2017, 07:55 PM
I"ll be there with balls on ..:biggrin:

:o

NeedfulKings
05-21-2017, 08:06 PM

Agreed. We'll be out of the country for the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed that we don't miss out. SK in Portland is how Jeanne and I met Jonathan in the first place! :)

east-tennessee
05-21-2017, 08:11 PM

It's a Quote from a Cheech & Chong Movie where they were invited to Dolly Parton Party....If I remember correctly LOL

Brian861
05-21-2017, 08:20 PM

It's a Quote from a Cheech & Chong Movie where they were invited to Dolly Parton Party....If I remember correctly LOL

:lol:

RC65
05-22-2017, 07:13 AM

Me, too. :-)

CyberGhostface
05-23-2017, 09:39 AM
For those who have gone to these, are you able to ask SK a question and take a picture as he signs or is it a "wham bam thank you ma'am" type thing? For example Joe Hill's signings are fairly informal and I've been able to ask him things from time to time.

surly
05-23-2017, 09:50 AM
I've only been to a couple of recent signings, but they were pretty formal. You could arrange to have a picture taken while your book was being signed, but there could be no flash, and King didn't stop and pose. They kept the line moving pretty quick, so any time for questions and interaction was minimal. On each occasion I asked for the signature to be dated as well and each time he politely refused and suggested that it would slow things down. Your mileage may vary but the whole experience lasted roughly a minute. And with that in mind, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

webstar1000
05-23-2017, 10:03 AM
I really wanna book my plane tickets... I wish they would give details like.. NOW! lol :emot-roflolmao:

C1TIZEN_X
05-23-2017, 10:13 AM
I really wanna book my plane tickets... I wish they would give details like.. NOW! lol :emot-roflolmao:

Speaking of that, any ideas on when they will release any more information?

webstar1000
05-23-2017, 10:41 AM

Oh it won't be long... I would say next month sometime.

Roseannebarr
05-23-2017, 02:22 PM

I know that the bookstores are currently trying to book venues for the tour and getting all the final details together.

End of Watch book tour was announced on the King site 3/8/17 First tickets for a venue went on sale 3/21. Other venues announced ticket sales up to mid April. Tour started June 7.

I was surprised about the early King book tour announcement May announcement for a September signing!

Brian861
05-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Let's not forget that this book does have a co-author.

RichardX
05-23-2017, 04:19 PM
For those who have gone to these, are you able to ask SK a question and take a picture as he signs or is it a "wham bam thank you ma'am" type thing? For example Joe Hill's signings are fairly informal and I've been able to ask him things from time to time.

King book signings are a machine. You are probably in front of him for about five seconds. Too many people for chats and pictures. You might get in a quick question but don't expect a big conversation.

tippy4
05-23-2017, 06:29 PM

King book signings are a machine. You are probably in front of him for about five seconds. Too many people for chats and pictures. You might get in a quick question but don't expect a big conversation.

Odds are, most of these dates are not going to be "book signings" per se.

One or two of them will probably be like RichardX described above (more like 3-4 seconds in front of the authors), but the lion's share of them will be an "author event", at the end of which you will be handed a book as you leave the venue.

frik
05-24-2017, 02:47 AM
Just wondering how a tour like this works: Like, how many books/items are allowed to be brought to have signed? Or, as it's the Sleeping Beauties signing tour, is that the only book that the Kings will sign?
Signing-virgin here, obviously...

sk

Kingfan24
05-24-2017, 02:55 AM
Just wondering how a tour like this works: Like, how many books/items are allowed to be brought to have signed? Or, as it's the Sleeping Beauties signing tour, is that the only book that the Kings will sign?

sk

Probably no signing at all. Just random distribution of presigned books.

becca69
05-24-2017, 05:28 AM

sk

Probably no signing at all. Just random distribution of presigned books.

This. (Unless you hook-up with Lot Guy :lol: )

webstar1000
05-24-2017, 05:37 AM
I am doing two cities for sure!!! I could not be more excited. Hope to catch up with some of you cool cats in Toronto on the 5th and Sarasota on the 6th!!!!

C1TIZEN_X
05-24-2017, 05:39 AM
I'm shooting for Sarasota. Would be nice to meet someone who's been doing this for a while. Will be my first time.

webstar1000
05-24-2017, 05:43 AM
I'm shooting for Sarasota. Would be nice to meet someone who's been doing this for a while. Will be my first time.

nice! Well we shall keep in touch and have a beer after!! Lot of great members in Florida too.

RichardX
05-24-2017, 06:00 AM

sk

In the last few years, book tours promoting a new book have been strictly limited to signing (or pre-signed copies) of the new book. Try to bring another book into the event and the book store folks might taser you. It is really that uptight. I was about two hundred people back from King at an event when a bookstore guy yelled at my 12-year old daughter for not holding her own copy of the book. Really uptight nonsense with a laundry list of rules. It's only at annual book events/expos that King will now sometimes sign older books but it is typically only one per person. Ticketed events are much better to avoid the long stand in the line. Some of the recent book tours required you to make two trips to the book store. First, to buy a ticket (possibly after spending 8 or more hours in line waiting). Second, to attend the event. That is apparently to cut down on folks traveling to the events from outside the local area since they have to make two long trips to get it done. It has become a real hassle. I've attended plenty of King appearances and he doesn't say enough new things to justify the time and expense now just to get a chance at a presigned copy of the new book (which can be bought for a fraction of the aggravation after the fact). But if you have never been it is well worth the chance. He is not getting any younger and is not a healthy looking guy. Can't imagine he is at this much longer.

C1TIZEN_X
05-24-2017, 06:06 AM

sk

In the last few years, book tours promoting a new book have been strictly limited to signing (or pre-signed copies) of the new book. Try to bring another book into the event and the book store folks might taser you. It is really that uptight. I was about two hundred people back from King at an event when a bookstore guy yelled at my 12-year old daughter for not holding her own copy of the book. Really uptight nonsense with a laundry list of rules. It's only at annual book events/expos that King will now sometimes sign older books but it is typically only one per person. Ticketed events are much better to avoid the long stand in the line. Some of the recent book tours required you to make two trips to the book store. First, to buy a ticket (possibly after spending 8 or more hours in line waiting). Second, to attend the event. That is apparently to cut down on folks traveling to the events from outside the local area since they have to make two long trips to get it done. It has become a real hassle. I've attended plenty of King appearances and he doesn't say enough new things to justify the time and expense now just to get a chance at a presigned copy of the new book (which can be bought for a fraction of the aggravation after the fact). But if you have never been it is well worth the chance. He is not getting any younger and is not a healthy looking guy. Can't imagine he is at this much longer.

You're not saying that in order to get tickets to the event in Sarasota, for example, I would have to fly/drive to Sarasota to get the tickets and then fly/drive again for the event, are you?

webstar1000
05-24-2017, 06:14 AM

sk

You're not saying that in order to get tickets to the event in Sarasota, for example, I would have to fly/drive to Sarasota to get the tickets and then fly/drive again for the event, are you?

This was just one venue I think was it not that did this?

Kingfan24
05-24-2017, 06:15 AM

sk

It's certainly a possibility but we should probably refrain from talking about this publicly.

RichardX
05-24-2017, 10:54 AM

sk

Many recent events have been like that. For example, the signings in Portland, ME and Sewickley, PA were stand in line all night to get a ticket and then come back weeks later for the event. Some others have allowed online or phone purchase of tickets but if book stores are involved it is usually trouble. They are not set up for big events and generally want to cater to the local customers. The most recent trend was for a book store to sponsor the event but hold it at some enormous venue. The good news is that tickets were easier to get because there were so many seats available. The bad news is that it decreases your odds of a random pre-signed book.

Merlin1958
05-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Can anyone, "Hook a Brother up"??????

bdwyer19
05-24-2017, 12:20 PM

No details have been announced, Bill. Your request seems a little premature.

Merlin1958
05-24-2017, 12:25 PM

All due respect, but dates and locations have been announced. When is "too early"? Early bird gets the worm, no? lol

bdwyer19
05-24-2017, 12:37 PM

All due respect, but dates and locations have been announced. When is "too early"? Early bird gets the worm, no? lol

Tickets have not gone on sale yet. I live 20 minutes from the venue. I want to go, but until I hold a ticket in my hand, I'm not going. Nor do we know the availability of signed books, if at all.

Right now, beyond knowing dates and cities, all details are pure speculation.

Merlin1958
05-24-2017, 12:41 PM

Tickets have not gone on sale yet. I live 20 minutes from the venue. I want to go, but until I hold a ticket in my hand, I'm not going. Nor do we know the availability of signed books, if at all.

It's also speculation that anyone will look to "Hook a Brother up". I fail to see your point here. My apologies.

I'm simply stating that while I wish to obtain one of these potentially signed books, I cannot make the trip myself and would someone else be so kind as to offer an assist. I will respond in kind as if it were a "team" effort. Do whatever I can to help out and try to get a signed book as well. That is all. I guess I can count you "out"? Is that what you are saying?

I'd be willing to share costs, info and any insight I can provide. I would think that after all the folks I have done right by in the past, there must be a couple of them willing to share their experience and fortune if, it can be brought to bear.

needfulthings
05-24-2017, 12:47 PM

O.K. BILL...But only if you incist.
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/8073/VjR7dC.jpg

Merlin1958
05-24-2017, 12:49 PM

(Spoken in my best "Denzel" impression) "My Man"!!!! lol lol

:ny-yankees-baseball

bdwyer19
05-24-2017, 12:55 PM

It's also speculation that anyone will look to "Hook a Brother up". I fail to see your point here. My apologies.

I'm simply stating that while I wish to obtain one of these potentially signed books, I cannot make the trip myself and would someone else be so kind as to offer an assist. I will respond in kind as if it were a "team" effort. Do whatever I can to help out and try to get a signed book as well. That is all. I guess I can count you "out"? Is that what you are saying?

I'd be willing to share costs, info and any insight I can provide. I would think that after all the folks I have done right by in the past, there must be a couple of them willing to share their experience and fortune if, it can be brought to bear.

Point understood Bill. If I'm fortunate enough to end up with multiple signed books, I will gladly let you know.

Merlin1958
05-24-2017, 12:57 PM

Point understood Bill. If I'm fortunate enough to end up with multiple signed books, I will gladly let you know.

Thanks

zelig
05-24-2017, 01:02 PM

Always on point Bruce. I had a good snicker with that one.

needfulthings
05-24-2017, 01:25 PM

My idea of a GOOD SNICKERS or even better a BAD SNICKERS without her nickers.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4870/0Vu7E2.jpg

Merlin1958
05-24-2017, 01:28 PM
:wtf::wtf::wtf:

zelig
05-24-2017, 01:30 PM
I'm gonna find a cash machine.

Brian861
05-24-2017, 04:42 PM

My idea of a GOOD SNICKERS or even better a BAD SNICKERS without her nickers.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4870/0Vu7E2.jpg

Really satisfies I hear......

On topic: What would really be a blast is if SK decided not to sign book one. Leaving the majority of the spotlight to his son. Reckon folks probably stay home then.

RichardX
05-25-2017, 03:06 PM
I noticed the tour dates are largely on consecutive days. That almost certainly means these are pre-signed book events as it's unlikely King will sit around for hours after the event signing copies.

Brian861
05-26-2017, 06:39 AM
I noticed the tour dates are largely on consecutive days. That almost certainly means these are pre-signed book events as it's unlikely King will sit around for hours after the event signing copies.

Doubtful that Owen will either if the schedule is so tight.

Br!an
05-28-2017, 02:58 PM
I am doing two cities for sure!!! I could not be more excited. Hope to catch up with some of you cool cats in Toronto on the 5th and Sarasota on the 6th!!!!

I'll likely be in Sarasota. Sarasota might be a real signing if history is any guide.

C1TIZEN_X
05-28-2017, 03:06 PM

I'll likely be in Sarasota. Sarasota might be a real signing if history is any guide.

That would be amazing. Now I just have to wait for further announcements :( I hate waiting...

CaliMark
05-28-2017, 08:07 PM

This was my guess too, eager to plan my trip! Anyone have an experience with events at Powells are they in-house, how many people can attend etc...I am hoping to find another chance like the Reno End of Watch event!

CaliMark

MLG
05-30-2017, 09:12 AM

This was my guess too, eager to plan my trip! Anyone have an experience with events at Powells are they in-house, how many people can attend etc...I am hoping to find another chance like the Reno End of Watch event!

CaliMark

Powell's has a variety of set-ups for these events. They have in-house events at the Beaverton and Downtown locations. These are no charge events and have limited space. They often use the Aladdin theatre in South East Portland for larger events with tickets often including a copy of the book.

MLG
05-30-2017, 09:19 AM

CaliMark

Also just checked there calendar for examples:

In June they have Dennis Lehane, Neal Stephenson, Paula Poundstone, David Dedaris and others at the Downtown and Beaverton stores. These are free events.

They also have Al Franken at the Newmark Theatre in downtown. Tickets are $38.00 and include a copy of his new book. No mention of any signed copies or any signing opportunities. This event also sold out.

NeedfulKings
06-05-2017, 01:56 PM

CaliMark

Powell's has a variety of set-ups for these events. They have in-house events at the Beaverton and Downtown locations. These are no charge events and have limited space. They often use the Aladdin theatre in South East Portland for larger events with tickets often including a copy of the book.

They used The Arlene Schnitzer for his Lisey's Story tour. It was ticketed with a limited number of signed copies - both my wife and I were able to get those. Powell's should be able to do it right, no matter what the circumstances. Their only recent stumble was using a third-rate ticket site for the Bruce Springsteen book event. That site crashed in milliseconds and tickets had to go on sale a second time some days later.

webstar1000
06-06-2017, 03:51 AM
I REALLY WISH they would release some details. I need to book flights now and hotels, etc.... Can anyone provide me an idea of how long after End of Watch or Revival were announced the details were revealed?

Br!an
06-06-2017, 04:49 AM
I REALLY WISH they would release some details. I need to book flights now and hotels, etc.... Can anyone provide me an idea of how long after End of Watch or Revival were announced the details were revealed?

Why can't you book your flights and hotels? They announced the dates. Or are you still deciding if you want to go?

webstar1000
06-06-2017, 05:13 AM

Why can't you book your flights and hotels? They announced the dates. Or are you still deciding if you want to go?
Cause Brian, I am going to Toronto and Sarasota... would hate to book and not allow enough time or what not. I fly into Tornto at 8am and leave the next morning at 10am. So that will be fine... just want to make sure of the Sarasota event time as I may have to do a different flight.

tippy4
06-06-2017, 07:05 AM
To answer your question......the gap between announcement and details for EOW was less than Sleeping Beauties.....in other words....they are taking longer with SB.

webstar1000
06-06-2017, 07:09 AM
To answer your question......the gap between announcement and details for EOW was less than Sleeping Beauties.....in other words....they are taking longer with SB.

Thanks Rick. I hope to hear soon....

RichardX
06-08-2017, 04:49 AM
Ms. Mod indicated there will be no signings on this tour. I assume that means pre-signed books only.

Randall Flagg
06-08-2017, 04:52 AM
Ms. Mod indicated there will be no signings on this tour. I assume that means pre-signed books only.
Sounds like it.

webstar1000
06-08-2017, 05:04 AM

Where was this indicated? Still signed books HOWEVER... disappointing too:(

Lilja
06-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Post #7 (https://stephenking.com/xf/index.php?threads/sleeping-beauties-book-tour.13634/#post-758690)

Lilja

bdwyer19
06-08-2017, 05:29 AM

Where was this indicated? Still signed books HOWEVER... disappointing too:(

Check out this page. Ms. Mod's response to RichardX's question:
https://stephenking.com/xf/index.php?threads/sleeping-beauties-book-tour.13634/#post-758701

webstar1000
06-08-2017, 05:31 AM
Did I read that all events are in the evening though?

webstar1000
06-08-2017, 05:32 AM
and could someone ask when the tickets will be available? I don't wanna book flights and miss tickets

bdwyer19
06-08-2017, 05:33 AM

Yep, that's what Ms. Mod said

C1TIZEN_X
06-08-2017, 05:33 AM
I saw that as well. Would work for me I St. Louis. I'll be traveling through there in the afternoon.

webstar1000
06-08-2017, 05:40 AM

Yep, that's what Ms. Mod said

So that works mint for me. I now just need to know when tickets go on sale AND if I can get them

bdwyer19
06-08-2017, 05:53 AM
and could someone ask when the tickets will be available? I don't wanna book flights and miss tickets

Another Ms. Mod update...

Each store will be putting out their own announcements and we will post simultaneously with them but I don't have dates for each event as they haven't all finished making their plans. They will be announced on stephenking.com News, the official Facebook page, and we will send a tweet from the skdotcom_news Twitter account. Many, but not all, of the venues will post their announcements ahead of ticket sales but checking any or all of the aforementioned sites will keep you up-to-date with ticket sales.

webstar1000
06-08-2017, 06:09 AM

Each store will be putting out their own announcements and we will post simultaneously with them but I don't have dates for each event as they haven't all finished making their plans. They will be announced on stephenking.com News, the official Facebook page, and we will send a tweet from the skdotcom_news Twitter account. Many, but not all, of the venues will post their announcements ahead of ticket sales but checking any or all of the aforementioned sites will keep you up-to-date with ticket sales.

How do they not have dates??! It was announced they did... hmmmm

bdwyer19
06-08-2017, 06:14 AM

My guess is that she meant that they don't have dates AND times finalized.

amd013
06-08-2017, 02:04 PM

I assume she meant dates for when tickets go on sale.

bdwyer19
06-08-2017, 02:18 PM

I assume she meant dates for when tickets go on sale.

Yeah, that actually makes more sense.

Heather19
06-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Do we know where the Boston area one is being held yet? I'm hoping I can get tickets to go to that one.

bdwyer19
06-12-2017, 04:09 AM
Details for Milwaukee have been released:

Amazing news! Boswell Book Company presents an evening with Stephen King and Owen King at the Riverside Theater on Saturday, September 30, 8 pm. Tickets are $32.50 (http://pabsttheater.org/show/stephenkingowenking2017), not including tax and fees. There will be a special presale on Wednesday, June 14, 12 Noon, with sales to the general public starting Friday, June 16, 12 Noon. A limited number of tickets will be available on sale at the Riverside Theater box office for each sale. There is a limit of four tickets per order for this event. The password for the presale is BOSWELL.

Be warned, we expect this event to sell out extremely quickly.

Each ticket guarantees entry to the event, as well as one hardcover edition of Sleeping Beauties. Please note that there will be no author signing at this event. But as a special bonus, up to 400 lucky attendees will randomly receive a pre-signed copy.

Here's the ticket link one last time (http://pabsttheater.org/show/stephenkingowenking2017). More news soon.

C1TIZEN_X
06-12-2017, 04:43 AM
Any idea what venue will be used for the Sarasota date? Looks like if you are a member you get early access and I'd like to sign up for whatever I can.

webstar1000
06-12-2017, 04:47 AM
Details for Milwaukee have been released:

Amazing news! Boswell Book Company presents an evening with Stephen King and Owen King at the Riverside Theater on Saturday, September 30, 8 pm. Tickets are $32.50 (http://pabsttheater.org/show/stephenkingowenking2017), not including tax and fees. There will be a special presale on Wednesday, June 14, 12 Noon, with sales to the general public starting Friday, June 16, 12 Noon. A limited number of tickets will be available on sale at the Riverside Theater box office for each sale. There is a limit of four tickets per order for this event. The password for the presale is BOSWELL.

Be warned, we expect this event to sell out extremely quickly.

Each ticket guarantees entry to the event, as well as one hardcover edition of Sleeping Beauties. Please note that there will be no author signing at this event. But as a special bonus, up to 400 lucky attendees will randomly receive a pre-signed copy.

Here's the ticket link one last time (http://pabsttheater.org/show/stephenkingowenking2017). More news soon.

The others CANNOT be far behind eh?

Bev Vincent
06-12-2017, 06:12 AM
Stephen and Owen King will speak at Riverside Theater September 30 (http://milwaukeerecord.com/arts/stephen-and-owen-king-will-speak-at-riverside-theater-september-30/)

sharki69
06-12-2017, 06:57 AM
Here is the link

http://pabsttheater.org/show/stephenkingowenking2017

Each ticket guarantees entry to the event, as well as one hardcover edition of Stephen King’s new book ‘Sleeping Beauties’ As a special bonus, up to 400 lucky attendees will randomly receive a pre-signed copy, so we wish you luck!

Roseannebarr
06-12-2017, 07:10 AM
Riverside Theater is a concert hall located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The venue seats 2,460 people and hosts many different musical artists and shows. It is leased by the Pabst Theater Foundation. The building, which opened in 1928, was designed by local architects Charles Kirchoff and Thomas Rose, who designed many theaters, including the Palace Theater in New York City.

bdwyer19
06-12-2017, 07:12 AM
Riverside Theater is a concert hall located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The venue seats 2,460 people and hosts many different musical artists and shows. It is leased by the Pabst Theater Foundation. The building, which opened in 1928, was designed by local architects Charles Kirchoff and Thomas Rose, who designed many theaters, including the Palace Theater in New York City.

I've seen several concerts there. It's a very good intimate venue.

Kingfan24
~16% of the audience will get a signed copy IF they are distributed fairly.

tippy4
400 out of 2,400.....ouch.

bdwyer19
06-12-2017, 08:01 AM

Yeah, the odds are not good at all. But since a signed copy will probably be in the $200 range, $32.50 for a ticket to see them is still well worth it.

ICry4Oy
06-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Do we know where the Boston area one is being held yet? I'm hoping I can get tickets to go to that one.

https://stephenking.com/p/sleeping-beauties/#s157

Brian861
06-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Yeah, the odds are not good at all. But since a signed copy will probably be in the $200 range, $32.50 for a ticket to see them is still well worth it.

Which got me to thinking. Would you guys pay $200 for the event with a guaranteed signed book limited to 400 folks per venue? Unless you live in the immediate area of an event; your cost will substantially more than $32.50.

webstar1000
06-12-2017, 09:37 AM
I am going. Whether I get one book or two. There is two couples and two events. Not bad odds. lol The other info should come sooooooooon by the looks of it!

C1TIZEN_X
06-12-2017, 09:42 AM

Which got me to thinking. Would you guys pay $200 for the event with a guaranteed signed book limited to 400 folks per venue? Unless you live in the immediate area of an event; your cost will substantially more than $32.50.

I would probably consider going that route to get a signed copy. The only problem I see is the chance of actually getting a ticket would be substantially reduced if they only released 400 vs. 2,000+.

However, If the price for tickets to the Sarasota show is $32.50 like Milwaukee I'll take the whole family of four and increase my chances. Of course, I don't know how many tickets they are selling for that city yet so the odds may be worse than Milwaukee. I wish they would just release all of the sites' information at the same time :)

shutterlife
06-12-2017, 09:55 AM
The closest location to me is Portland, and that's still a stretch to get to since it's the middle of the week. Waiting for more details for that venue.

Kingfan24
06-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Looks like I'll be heading to Boston!

dnemec
06-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Looks like I'm going to be relying on the kindness of board members. Again. But NEXT year, I will hopefully be living in the northeast...

tippy4
06-12-2017, 11:30 AM
MA details have been posted.

September 28th, 2017

Newtonville Books - Newton Centre, MA

Newtonville Books Newtonville Books is proud to present an evening with Stephen King and his son, Owen King, authors of SLEEPING BEAUTIES. Individual tickets for this event are $35. Each ticket guarantees entry to the event as well as a hardcover edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES.

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS (http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2997320)

TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE VIA THE TICKET AGENT BROWN PAPER TICKETS. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.

PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE TICKETING GUIDELINES BEFORE PURCHASING YOUR TICKET:

—Every attendee must purchase a ticket.

—Due to capacity limits, each person is allowed to purchase a maximum of two 2 tickets.

— You must present the ticket for entry. No ticket, no entry, no exceptions.

—All tickets are non-transferable. No exceptions. If you purchase your ticket from a third party vendor, it will not be honored. At the date of the event you will be required to show a valid ID to enter. If you purchased more than one ticket, your plus one must arrive and enter with you.

—Purchasing a ticket guarantees entry to the event as well as a hardcover edition of SLEEPING BEAUTIES. As a special bonus, we've been told that a limited number of attendees will randomly receive signed copies, so we wish you luck! All books (signed and unsigned) will be distributed at the end of the event. This event will not include a public book signing.

EVENT DETAILS
Date: Thursday, September 28
Start time: 7PM
Doors open: 6PM

Venue: First Baptist Church of Newton, 848 Beacon St, Newton Centre. The venue is accessible via the Green Line (D) to Newton Centre stop. The Newton Centre parking lot is located diagonally across Beacon from the church as well.

Fine Print: We are unable to issue refunds for any reason.

Please note that this event will not be held at the bookstore, but at First Baptist Church in Newton Centre, on the corner of Beacon and Centre Street. (848 Beacon St.)

Doors will open at 6PM. Event will begin promptly at 7PM. Stephen and Owen will read, talk, and take audience questions and then books will be distributed.

Kingfan24
06-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Will be interesting to see how many tickets are sold for Boston. It's in a church.

tippy4
06-12-2017, 11:42 AM
I believe capacity is 700 seats

surly
06-12-2017, 12:03 PM
If it is 700, I like those odds a lot better so I bought a ticket just in case. I like Boston a lot and would be disappointed if I didn't get a signed copy but it will still be a nice getaway, so no real downside.

cymru3
06-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Just bought my ticket for the Boston/Newton event. I've never been and have always wanted to...very excited!

cit74
06-12-2017, 01:22 PM
just bought my 2 for Boston - we already had tickets for a wedding and fly into hartford CT that morning - only a 2 hour drive

cit74
06-12-2017, 01:28 PM
And just created my wife's account so I bought 2 more tickets - heck already flying the whole family out that way. SO we will be spending the day in Boston and cannot wait to meet up with whomever is making the trek. The Tarter can will be there (just like Reno)

Kingfan24
06-12-2017, 02:00 PM
I will see you all there - chad let me know if you would like to meet up pre-event.

cit74
06-12-2017, 02:10 PM
I will see you all there - chad let me know if you would like to meet up pre-event.

Sounds good - I am guessing last 3 digits on ticket numbers were how many actually sold. My initial pair we xxxx4021 and xxxx4022 then 20 minutes later the next two were xxxx4168 and xxxx4169

Will get everyones contact numbers before the event. We get into Hartford at 1030 that morning and will just take a nice drive closer to the event

Heather19
06-12-2017, 02:20 PM

https://stephenking.com/p/sleeping-beauties/#s157

Woohoo! Just got my tickets. Thanks! :)

cymru3
06-12-2017, 02:22 PM

Sounds good - I am guessing last 3 digits on ticket numbers were how many actually sold. My initial pair we xxxx4021 and xxxx4022 then 20 minutes later the next two were xxxx4168 and xxxx4169

Will get everyones contact numbers before the event. We get into Hartford at 1030 that morning and will just take a nice drive closer to the event

If that's the case then I'm VERY glad I checked this thread as soon as I got in from work. Mine is #602.

tippy4
06-12-2017, 02:29 PM
At one King event (Revival) I went to, there was an "overflow room" where some of the attendees were forced to watch King on a monitor.

In theory, they could sell 800 tickets in MA, and put 100 people into another room and pipe in the audio and video......and they would never actually see the Kings.

Hopefully this will not be the case with any of the venues on this tour.

Randall Flagg
06-12-2017, 02:31 PM
I have #7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, 7**, and 7**...

All are +1 tix.

tippy4
06-12-2017, 02:45 PM
So you bought five pairs of tickets?

If the number theory above holds up, they are down to less than 100 tickets.

Randall Flagg
06-12-2017, 02:45 PM
So you bought five pairs of tickets?
No. 10 +1's

Kingfan24
06-12-2017, 02:52 PM
You heading out to Boston jerome?

Lookwhoitis
06-12-2017, 06:17 PM
i've been super busy and not able to check the boards as much lately. can someone who knows please pm me in advance of when the Sarasota tickets goes on sale or kindly sell me an extra?

i always seem to be working a multi day show, on the road, or broke when these events kick off and usually i am not paying attention to when they onsale.

thanks

tippy4
06-12-2017, 07:00 PM
BOSTON SOLD OUT

Merlin1958
06-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Fwiw, you guys always get nervous and despondent about chances of getting a signed book before going into these things and then, more times than not, you folks somehow end up scoring. Go, have a good time, meet up with friends and have a good meal. Then see what comes of it all. I'll bet you will not regret it in the end. JMHO

cit74
06-12-2017, 11:23 PM
BOSTON SOLD OUT

Guess that was still pretty quick - for a short notice and hardly any advertisement - accept of course on here and stephen king.com
Just gotta say one more reason why I enjoy tdt and I am glad I was off today and was able to check in during the day - now I can sit back and relax - good luck to everyone else getting details and tickets to their venues

webstar1000
06-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Man I wish they would announce the other venues....... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

bdwyer19
06-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Three tickets secured for Milwaukee!! 11th row Center.

Kingfan24
06-14-2017, 09:27 AM
I asked how many tix were sold for Boston, but there was no response.

tippy4
06-14-2017, 09:42 AM

The info says four tix per order....but the site allows you to buy ten.

bdwyer19
06-14-2017, 10:01 AM

The info says four tix per order....but the site allows you to buy ten.

Yeah, not the best site. Still... I only needed 3 :)

gsvec
06-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Got my Milwaukee tickets plus an extra 2! :rock: PM me if you're interested!!

webstar1000
06-14-2017, 10:23 AM

Wow.. it already sold out?

bdwyer19
06-14-2017, 10:42 AM

No, but the seats remaining are not very good. Last couple rows of floor seats, or far back in the balcony.

tippy4
06-14-2017, 11:42 AM

No, but the seats remaining are not very good. Last couple rows of floor seats, or far back in the balcony.

First floor sold out....that's like 1,400 tickets.

richardsrarebooks
06-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Got two tickets for Milwaukee. Don't really care where they are. Just hoping for a signed book!

bdwyer19
06-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Details for New York are out: http://www.oblongbooks.com/event/stephen-king-owen-king-fisher-center

Stephen King & Owen King - "Sleeping Beauties" @ The Fisher Center
Event date:
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 7:00pm
Event address:
The Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard
60 Manor Ave
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
Presented by Oblong Books & Music in collaboration with the Richard B. Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard College
Tickets: $40 includes one copy of SLEEPING BEAUTIES*
ADVANCE TICKETS / OBLONG SUBSCRIBERS: Wednesday, June 14 - check your email for Purchase Code
GENERAL PUBLIC ON-SALE: Monday, June 19

Stephen King, author of over 50 worldwide bestsellers and fellow author (and son) Owen King discuss their provocative and gloriously absorbing new collaboration. Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women’s prison, Sleeping Beauties is the highest of high-stakes stories: what might happen if women disappeared from the world of men? Scheduled for release on September 26, this event comes at the start of their national book tour.

*As a special bonus, a limited number of attendees will randomly receive a signed copy / This event includes an audience Q&A but will not include a public book signing.

tippy4
06-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Details for New York are out: http://www.oblongbooks.com/event/stephen-king-owen-king-fisher-center

Stephen King & Owen King - "Sleeping Beauties" @ The Fisher Center
Event date:
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 7:00pm
Event address:
The Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard
60 Manor Ave
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
Presented by Oblong Books & Music in collaboration with the Richard B. Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard College
Tickets: $40 includes one copy of SLEEPING BEAUTIES*
ADVANCE TICKETS / OBLONG SUBSCRIBERS: Wednesday, June 14 - check your email for Purchase Code
GENERAL PUBLIC ON-SALE: Monday, June 19

Stephen King, author of over 50 worldwide bestsellers and fellow author (and son) Owen King discuss their provocative and gloriously absorbing new collaboration. Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women’s prison, Sleeping Beauties is the highest of high-stakes stories: what might happen if women disappeared from the world of men? Scheduled for release on September 26, this event comes at the start of their national book tour.

*As a special bonus, a limited number of attendees will randomly receive a signed copy / This event includes an audience Q&A but will not include a public book signing.

The Sosnoff Theater, an intimate, 900-seat theater with an orchestra, parterre, and two balcony sections, features an orchestra pit for opera and acoustics designed by Yasuhisa Toyota, including an acoustic shell that turns the theater into a concert hall for performances of chamber and symphonic music.

amd013
06-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Got two tickets for Milwaukee.

Was confused by the choices, there were "presale+book" and "ata+book" tickets, (or something like that). Had no idea what the difference was, both same price. Just went with the "presale+book" option.

Not 100% sure I will be able to make it or not. Only "delivery" option was will call. So wonder if I can transfer them if I can't go.

becca69
06-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Ugh, that's not the NY I was hoping for. That's 4 hours away, not the day trip I was planning on :nope:

bdwyer19
06-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Got two tickets for Milwaukee.

Was confused by the choices, there were "presale+book" and "ata+book" tickets, (or something like that). Had no idea what the difference was, both same price. Just went with the "presale+book" option.

Not 100% sure I will be able to make it or not. Only "delivery" option was will call. So wonder if I can transfer them if I can't go.

The other option was ADA seats, for people with disabilities

webstar1000
06-14-2017, 01:05 PM
Man come on TO and Florida!!

Ricky
06-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Ugh, that's not the NY I was hoping for. That's 4 hours away, not the day trip I was planning on :nope:

Same here. Waiting on the NY, NY details that will probably include sleeping on the streets of NYC to get a ticket. :(

racerx45
06-14-2017, 01:50 PM

That is for the 27th date. There is still a 26th date in NYC. I'm hoping to go to the NYC event.

tippy4
06-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Anybody have the code/link for the NY event ?

becca69
06-14-2017, 02:25 PM

That is for the 27th date. There is still a 26th date in NYC. I'm hoping to go to the NYC event.

Thanks, didn't realize that!

becca69
06-14-2017, 02:26 PM

Same here. Waiting on the NY, NY details that will probably include sleeping on the streets of NYC to get a ticket. :(

We can camp together. It's not so bad :evil:

MLG
06-14-2017, 02:31 PM
Anybody have the code/link for the NY event ?

Assuming you need the Hudson Valley appearance here are links to the venue and bookstore:'

It appears that you need a special link to buy today:

http://fishercenter.bard.edu/calendar/event.php?eid=133031

http://www.oblongbooks.com/event/stephen-king-owen-king-fisher-center

tippy4
06-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Sorry....I meant the advance ticket link.

cryptkeeper
06-14-2017, 02:56 PM
I'm waiting for tickets to the Sarasota, FL event to become available. Does anyone have any information about it other than what's posted on StephenKing.com?

Randall Flagg
06-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Sorry....I meant the advance ticket link.
I think you have to be on their mailing list (or social media list).
You can scroll to the bottom of their page and choose numerous ways to join. I have no idea if joining now will get you the link immediately, or at least before the public 6/19/2017 possibility for tickets.

Ricky
06-14-2017, 04:29 PM

If that's how it's going to be and we went together, I'd consider it. I just don't think I'd do it by myself.

cryptkeeper
06-14-2017, 04:39 PM

If that's how it's going to be and we went together, I'd consider it. I just don't think I'd do it by myself.

The one in NYC sounds like fun, but it's too hard for me to get off work that time of year.

Scoogs
06-14-2017, 07:33 PM
I didn't remember that the presale was today until 12:30, but still managed decent seats about 11 rows behind you in the Center.

Lilja
06-15-2017, 03:32 AM
Do we know anything about the event in New York on September 26th? I'm hoping to be able to go but am a bit worried about getting tickets since I live in Sweden. I sure hope you can just get them online and that it's not arranged so you need to stand in line to get the tickets.

Lilja

Beverly Marsh
06-15-2017, 04:11 AM
I would assume(but you know what they say about that) that NYC will be online ticket purchasing just like the other venues. That's the one I might try for as well since I'll be there that week. At least I hope so as I will NOT be driving 7 hours to camp out nor will I wait in line all day to get in. I don't care if I get the nosebleed section as long as it's ticketed!

herbertwest
06-15-2017, 05:28 AM
Do we know anything about the event in New York on September 26th? I'm hoping to be able to go but am a bit worried about getting tickets since I live in Sweden. I sure hope you can just get them online and that it's not arranged so you need to stand in line to get the tickets.
Lilja

Couldnt Marsha hook you up for this? Surely you should be a VIP!

Lilja
06-15-2017, 06:10 AM
That would be fun...

Lilja

wolfehr
06-15-2017, 08:20 AM
I live in NYC so if it turns out to be an in person thing I can try to get some extra tickets.

Lilja
06-15-2017, 08:36 AM
That would be super nice!

Lilja

Beverly Marsh
06-15-2017, 12:31 PM
I live in NYC so if it turns out to be an in person thing I can try to get some extra tickets.

That is a very nice gesture Heath. I imagine there will be a limit on how many one person can get but I might utilize this if it works out. I pay back gestures with alcohol. If you don't drink you might want to start :evil:

becca69
06-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Yep. I would need NYC tix!

becca69
06-15-2017, 05:24 PM
Lilja

Yes. Definitely contact her. You should have a secured ticket!! I'm sure that could be worked out.

wolfehr
06-15-2017, 05:45 PM
If it happens to be in person I will get the maximum they allow and I do accept alcohol as payment :)

Randall Flagg
06-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Lilja

Yes. Definitely contact her. You should have a secured ticket!! I'm sure that could be worked out.

Don't be so sure.
From what I have experienced, Marsha shies away from helping Small Press, websites, etc. obtain any VIP access to these events. She always has recommended contacting the host bookstore/venue.

racerx45
06-16-2017, 02:33 PM
St. Louis, MO Details

Link (http://www.left-bank.com/king)

J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts | Lindenwood University

1,200 seats

Randall Flagg
06-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Tickets on sale June 19 ~07:00 PDT (10 am for the East Coast Slackers), 1400 GMT

bdwyer19
06-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Tickets on sale June 19 ~07:00 PDT (10 am for the East Coast Slackers), 1400 GMT

St. Louis is in the central time zone. Wouldn't it make more sense to say that tickets go on sale at 9am CDT?

Roseannebarr
06-16-2017, 03:30 PM
St louisbis charging $40 ticket. Cheapskates! Most places just charging for book. 1200 people too. Ughhhh. Pick up tickets at will call

tippy4
06-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Gotta pay for the hall rental somehow!

Roseannebarr
06-16-2017, 04:37 PM
Gotta pay for the hall rental somehow!

I assumed the published paid or they took it out of book sale profit. Not Very many charged surcharge in past

Randall Flagg
06-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Why are King Collectors such cheapskates?
Do they bitch at the gas station attendant for the price at the pump?
Do they bitch about the free parking 1/4 of a mile away?
Do they bitch about the fact they each only snagged 1 signed copy?

I'm a bit embarrassed by my brethren.

C1TIZEN_X
06-16-2017, 05:23 PM

I'm hedging my bets. I'm going to buy four tickets, hopefully for both St. Louis and Sarasota. I'm taking the wife and kids, whether they want to go or not. Increases my chances of getting a signed copy :)

MLG
06-16-2017, 05:47 PM
So far I think the prices are all comparable and fare:

Hudson Valley NY = $40
Newton Centre MA = $35.00 + service fees and tax approximately $39.53
Milwaukee WI = $32.50 + service fees and tax
St. Louis MO = $40 includes all fees and taxes

tippy4
06-16-2017, 05:52 PM

We need to be cheap so we can buy more collectibles.

Roseannebarr
06-16-2017, 06:52 PM

Cheap cheap cheap. That's me!