PDA

View Full Version : Zen Pencils comic based on On Writing

Bev Vincent
03-02-2017, 06:53 AM
Stephen King: The Desk (http://zenpencils.com/comic/king/)

NoAttitudeThisTime
03-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Should this be seen as an official excerpt? Would they make this comic without King's permission? It's a neat little comic, though

Bev Vincent
03-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Should this be seen as an official excerpt? Would they make this comic without King's permission? It's a neat little comic, though

I'm pretty sure it was done without permission -- but I doubt there will be any issue taken with it.

NoAttitudeThisTime
03-03-2017, 02:23 PM
I see. Then what about the comic adaptation of the story Battleground that was online a number of years ago? Wouldn't some artist need permission to do an online comic based on a story? I remember that it was created as a pdf for everyone to enjoy, so I do have it somewhere in my files

Bev Vincent
03-03-2017, 02:28 PM
I see. Then what about the comic adaptation of the story Battleground that was online a number of years ago? Wouldn't some artist need permission to do an online comic based on a story? I remember that it was created as a pdf for everyone to enjoy, so I do have it somewhere in my files

Battleground was a full adaptation of a short story published via traditional means. I'm sure a lawyer could successfully get a cease and desist on this web comic, but it is using only a very small fragment of the original material, so it isn't a full adaptation and there may be exceptions that allow this as fair use.