PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Randall Flagg
02-15-2018, 10:57 AM
I love The Dead Zone, (not signed by King, but Easton Press Did A limited), but Different Seasons would be my First choice, Pet Sematary next.
Of course if Paul lucks out, the decision rests with him, and more importantly with Mr King.

Johnny007
02-15-2018, 01:11 PM
I'd like to know about this Joe Blow that Kris mentioned in an earlier post -- his works, possible limited editions, etc.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-15-2018, 01:21 PM
I'd like to know about this Joe Blow that Kris mentioned in an earlier post -- his works, possible limited editions, etc.

Somewhere I heard his best selling book (at least 10 copies), was JOE BLOWS DALLAS.
Paul can look it up, but personally, not my thing.

Br!an
02-15-2018, 01:52 PM

Somewhere I heard his best selling book (at least 10 copies), was JOE BLOWS DALLAS.
Paul can look it up, but personally, not my thing.

:wtf: Ten copies is certainly a limited edition. :wtf:

webstar1000
02-15-2018, 02:06 PM

I was using the figurative name used by Needful Things (Bruce) to describe another writer other than King. Hope that helps.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-15-2018, 02:30 PM
We now return to seriousness, no...really.

Remember when Steve Allen always said, "And now, all seriousness aside?" on his great TV show way back when? I loved that show.

Ari_Racing
02-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions for a limited book. We have taken note!

That has Ari’s name written all over it :evil:

I hope you're right! :)

Don't worry everyone, if Ari wins, I'll just choose again... :evil:

Now that Suntup got such advertising and funding, I wonder if there will be more DRAGON REBOUND books?

Dragon what?

Kidding... I would like to do more, yeah.. time permitting.

Suntup Press Misery mentioned on the official Stephen King Facebook page (do yourself a favor and DON'T read the comments).
Suntup Press Misery mentioned in the official Stephen King newsletter.

CONGRATS PAUL!!! :biggrin1:

Thanks Clay!!

WO WO WO! If Ari wins, Ari wins! :)

Ari_Racing
02-15-2018, 02:49 PM
Hearts in Atlantis Lettered. Oh, yeah! I can even see the extras.
;)

Brian861
02-16-2018, 08:44 AM

Doesn't he have a sister named Debbie?

herbertwest
02-16-2018, 11:20 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions for a limited book. We have taken note!

That has Ari’s name written all over it :evil:

I hope you're right! :)

Don't worry everyone, if Ari wins, I'll just choose again... :evil:

Now that Suntup got such advertising and funding, I wonder if there will be more DRAGON REBOUND books?

Dragon what?

Kidding... I would like to do more, yeah.. time permitting.

Suntup Press Misery mentioned on the official Stephen King Facebook page (do yourself a favor and DON'T read the comments).
Suntup Press Misery mentioned in the official Stephen King newsletter.

CONGRATS PAUL!!! :biggrin1:

Thanks Clay!!

WO WO WO! If Ari wins, Ari wins! :)

Did you??

Ari_Racing
02-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Not that I know. :S

herbertwest
02-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Oh, that"s a shame, you had til last night to contact them back...

Ari_Racing
02-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Wasn't the contest for those who ordered Misery gift?

What am I missing here?

wolfehr
02-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Wasn't the contest for those who ordered Misery gift?

What am I missing here?

I don’t think you’re missing anything. I think you’re getting trolled :) That’s exactly the contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ari_Racing
02-19-2018, 01:45 PM
Ha! Then I gotta win it! :)

ICry4Oy
02-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Didn't want to disappoint, so......

https://i.imgur.com/HzWsJjF.jpg

This sucker is GORGEOUS!!!

(Thanks for the move RF!)

lotuz
02-24-2018, 11:16 AM
I have never had more fun opening books than I have with Suntup Editions! It's a nice treat, and I'm sure that it really adds up in terms of extra costs and time...

FlyerPhan0826
02-24-2018, 11:18 AM
Mine showed up today as well... Absolutely incredible item. So glad that the Misery pre-order made me take the plunge.

Can't wait to add more Suntup items to my collection!

ICry4Oy
02-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Mine showed up today as well... Absolutely incredible item. So glad that the Misery pre-order made me take the plunge.

Couldn't agree more. I've always said I'm not a portfolio collector and had no interest in buying any more cardboard/manila folder portfolios. But this one is stellar and has made me a believer in portfolios!

Tommy
02-24-2018, 11:40 AM

Couldn't agree more. I've always said I'm not a portfolio collector and had no interest in buying any more cardboard/manila folder portfolios. But this one is stellar and has made me a believer in portfolios!

The Lettered Portfolio is perfect. Beautiful.

Randall Flagg
02-24-2018, 01:26 PM
The portfolio is a pain in the ass.

I'm terrible at unwrapping something, and then attempting to put the wrappings back on properly. Had to ask for my wife's help to return it to its original wrapped condition. :crow burp:

Br!an
02-24-2018, 02:53 PM

I'm terrible at unwrapping something, and then attempting to put the wrappings back on properly. Had to ask for my wife's help to return it to its original wrapped condition. :crow burp: At least you're good at picking wives!

stroppygoblin
02-24-2018, 05:04 PM

I'm terrible at unwrapping something, and then attempting to put the wrappings back on properly. Had to ask for my wife's help to return it to its original wrapped condition. :crow burp:

not much chance of you sneaking a look at Christmas presents then... :evil:

Dr. Dawg
02-25-2018, 09:31 AM
I got all of the way down to the paper wrapping and then put it all back together without opening that final layer. I'm waiting until I have time to unwrap and rewrap carefully, but I'm already impressed with the care that was taken putting the package together!

firemonkey66
02-26-2018, 03:26 AM
JonP is selling his lettered Misery over in the collectible classifieds thread in case anyone missed his post...

webstar1000
02-26-2018, 04:05 AM
JonP is selling his lettered Misery over in the collectible classifieds thread in case anyone missed his post...

8-10k I bet

Merlin1958
02-26-2018, 05:26 PM

8-10k I bet

So then you're buying it for 9k? lol lol

If I had your money, Kris I'd throw mine away!!! lol

Just breaking balls a bit and joking around, buddy. lol Hope all is well by you and yours.

zelig
02-26-2018, 10:14 PM
Didn't want to disappoint, so......

https://i.imgur.com/HzWsJjF.jpg

This sucker is GORGEOUS!!!

(Thanks for the move RF!)

Yay! Now I can rest happily knowing that this edition has finally been given the post office box treatment. Well done!

Beverly Marsh
02-27-2018, 06:00 AM
EOTD portfolio out for delivery!! Too bad I have to wait until 5:30 tonight to see it :(

zelig
02-27-2018, 08:11 AM
Any experienced proof readers out there? Send me an email to: paul[at]suntup[dot]press. The position has been filled.

ruderabbit
02-27-2018, 08:14 AM
Hi Paul,
Have you posted what the limitation will be for the Gift of Misery?

zelig
02-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Hi Paul,
Have you posted what the limitation will be for the Gift of Misery?

Not yet. Will be doing that soon.

zelig
02-27-2018, 09:14 PM
For those who missed it on social media, here is a picture of the original Misery painting.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/misery_original.jpg*

Merlin1958
02-27-2018, 09:21 PM
very nice, paul!!!!!!!

stroppygoblin
02-28-2018, 01:42 AM
Beautiful.
Also I should formally thank Paul for posting his covers images, without that Misery cover 'sans title' my latest slipcase design wouldn't have been anywhere near as good. It allowed me to see so much more detail (around Annie Wilkes' hair in particular) than the much darker book cover allowed. :thumbsup:

Beverly Marsh
02-28-2018, 04:50 AM
My EOTD portfolio arrived yesterday and WOW. How had I not heard about the napkin before? I absolutely love that extra along with the entire package. Which I could also not wrap back up properly so the paper has been folded neatly and placed gently in the box :coo3l: So happy to have this gorgeous item!

That Misery painting is awesome.

amd013
02-28-2018, 09:18 AM
Yes, why can't he just do a normal job of wrapping things, so we don't feel guilty about disposing of the packaging. :P

zelig
02-28-2018, 09:40 AM
Don’t worry. For the next release, I will just throw it in a cereal box. :smile:

TravelinJack
02-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Don’t worry. For the next release, I will just throw it in a cereal box. :smile:

Those were the days. Exciting times. So much has changed these days. We can’t have prizes in cereal anymore. You might actually have to do this. Good luck finding big enough cereal boxes. :-)

webstar1000
02-28-2018, 10:09 AM

8-10k I bet

I again... say 8-10K. I also know David is good at telling us auction prices so I suspect we will have confirmation of final number.

jsmcmullen92
02-28-2018, 10:24 AM

8-10k I bet

I again... say 8-10K. I also know David is good at telling us auction prices so I suspect we will have confirmation of final number.

I really hope we get final number. Curious if that number will set the bar or if there will be hype like the IT movie caused on the books and it will drop once it's all out and done.

sentinel
02-28-2018, 11:17 AM

8-10k I bet

I really hope we get final number. Curious if that number will set the bar or if there will be hype like the IT movie caused on the books and it will drop once it's all out and done.

I think, considering the production quality and limited number, a Misery lettered will easily fall into the ranks of Firestarter, Regulators, Salem's Lot (Centipede) in value.

amd013
02-28-2018, 03:26 PM
Hi Paul,

Can you comment on if your next Lettered edition will be for a SK book or not? This would greatly influence how much, if at all, I will bid on the Misery at Betts. I would probably add a little if I knew that got me the rights to a SK book, but other wise, I can't see myself forking out 4K for the next book to hold onto the rights for a potential future SK book.

Thanks,
Mike

Fsmdr
02-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Hi Paul,

Can you comment on if your next Lettered edition will be for a SK book or not? This would greatly influence how much, if at all, I will bid on the Misery at Betts. I would probably add a little if I knew that got me the rights to a SK book, but other wise, I can't see myself forking out 4K for the next book to hold onto the rights for a potential future SK book.

Thanks,
Mike

You will fork out $5K plus....minimum bid is $5K

amd013
02-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks,
Mike

I am talking about the next book. If I buy this book for whatever price, and I want to buy the next SK Lettered, but the next Lettered is not SK, then I have to fork over possible 4K for a book I don't want, just to maintain the rights, so there is less incentive to increase my bid for this book, if it doesn't help me secure my next book.

That's why I want to know whether the next book is SK or not.

zelig
02-28-2018, 04:48 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks,
Mike

I am talking about the next book. If I buy this book for whatever price, and I want to buy the next SK Lettered, but the next Lettered is not SK, then I have to fork over possible 4K for a book I don't want, just to maintain the rights, so there is less incentive to increase my bid for this book, if it doesn't help me secure my next book.

That's why I want to know whether the next book is SK or not.

Hey hey. I cannot comment on what the next book will be at this point.

becca69
02-28-2018, 04:53 PM
If you love books, just remember that any future Suntup book is going to be amazing, whether it's SK or not. :ninja:

firemonkey66
02-28-2018, 05:29 PM
The rights are just a bonus:)

TravelinJack
02-28-2018, 06:05 PM
Cereal Box free of charge.

EXPLORER
03-01-2018, 05:09 AM
While reading this thread with thoughts of Misery this morning, I heard the news state, "China has now banned the letter N from their internet." .... or would that now be Chia?

T-Dogz_AK47
03-01-2018, 07:11 AM
If you love books, just remember that any future Suntup book is going to be amazing, whether it's SK or not. :ninja:

This. + 1 :clap:

lotuz
03-02-2018, 08:23 AM
My EOTD portfolio arrived yesterday and WOW. How had I not heard about the napkin before?

I thought that was a very clever move. I almost mentioned it several times in this and other threads but (1) I wasn't sure if that was a limited item or if it came with all books, and (2) it's such a great surprise!

becca69
03-02-2018, 10:01 AM
My EOTD portfolio arrived yesterday and WOW. How had I not heard about the napkin before?

I thought that was a very clever move. I almost mentioned it several times in this and other threads but (1) I wasn't sure if that was a limited item or if it came with all books, and (2) it's such a great surprise!

The napkins are included in all the portfolios but the embroidery is green for Lettered and black for Numbered.

Br!an
03-02-2018, 01:21 PM

You mean to tell me that you didn't watch my unboxing video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpRxvDs-ep4

EXPLORER
03-02-2018, 01:41 PM

Very nice job sharing the unpacking. Thanks Br!an

Randall Flagg
03-02-2018, 02:48 PM
I still think my video was pretty cool...

zelig
03-02-2018, 03:19 PM

I think that one won an Oscar.

stroppygoblin
03-02-2018, 04:48 PM

I think that one won an Oscar.

If it did, it wasn't for the acting... :evil:

zelig
03-02-2018, 05:08 PM
I think it was for the editing.

EXPLORER
03-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Now that you mention it Your video was full of dramatics and well done.... nicely edited.... overall quite a production..

I appreciated seeing Br!an's video today as my box has sat unopened since it's arrival last week building anticipation while waiting for appropriate space and time to delve in.

firemonkey66
03-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Paul, is there anything you can tell us about the Barry moser print for the lettered edition of misery? Aka, how you got him involved, subject matter and/or any details about the print, etc.? I admit to general ignorance of his work prior to your announcement of the S/L misery, but now that I’ve started looking into him a bit, I find that I like his work very much:)

herbertwest
03-03-2018, 07:22 AM

Thanks a lot Brian for sharing it! That's pretty cool for those that didn't get it
Hope you ordered a lettered MISERY as i'd love to see an unboxing for it !

Dr. Dawg
03-03-2018, 08:02 AM

Thanks a lot Brian for sharing it! That's pretty cool for those that didn't get it
Hope you ordered a lettered MISERY as i'd love to see an unboxing for it !

This inspired me to open my own copy last night. I had good luck opening the paper wrapper at just one end and sliding the portfolio out that way- I think I got it back together pretty close to how it was shipped. I really enjoyed the intro, afterword, and even the colophon (which pointed me back to appreciate the drop cap illustrations). I didn't realize that the Palladini biography was also signed and number, and I think that is a nice, unexpected touch!

becca69
03-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Paul, is there anything you can tell us about the Barry moser print for the lettered edition of misery? Aka, how you got him involved, subject matter and/or any details about the print, etc.? I admit to general ignorance of his work prior to your announcement of the S/L misery, but now that I’ve started looking into him a bit, I find that I like his work very much:)

You can see an in-progress photo of the wood cut on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/photos/a.1417779431625802.1073741829.1348570651880014/1855999187803822/?type=3&theater

zelig
03-03-2018, 10:43 AM

Anthony, thanks for asking this. So much to be said about this piece, and Moser's involvement. I knew very early on that I wanted to include a woodcut in this edition. I love the artistic style of wood engravings, and also that it is one of the most ancient forms of printmaking. You can read more here if you haven't already: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_engraving (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_engraving), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodcut (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodcut).

Barry Moser is a master of this art form, and one of the most celebrated. His works have been displayed in such places as the British Museum, the Metropolitan Museum, Harvard, and the Library of Congress. Look up the illustrations he did for Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, or just Google him, and take a look at the engravings he has done in his career. Amazing when you consider these are engraved into a block of wood.

So I contacted Barry way before the book deal was approved, and told him what I had in mind. We had a few more discussions, and he agreed to do it.

I gave him complete creative control and provided almost no direction. I wanted this to be a Barry Moser piece, without any input from me. When he sent me the 1st rough sketch, I made no changes, and the finished piece is perfect. I absolutely adore it.

It is letterpress printed on a semi-handmade Japanese paper called Kitakata, and is tipped into the book on the page facing the title page, which is the traditional placement for a frontispiece. The Arches paper of the book creates a visual frame around the buff colored Kitakata, and the result is very striking.

Here is another picture of him working on it, and then the final piece.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/moser.jpg

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/annies-axe.jpg

TravelinJack
03-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Fascinating! So much adventure in all that goes into your creations. It’s fun to watch each edition evolve.

needfulthings
03-03-2018, 12:22 PM
"HATS OFF TO PAUL!" Words can not express how EXCITED I am about this project.
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/330/P526zL.jpg

TravelinJack
03-03-2018, 12:55 PM
"HATS OFF TO PAUL!" Words cant not express how EXCITED I am about this project.
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/330/P526zL.jpg

:lol: :lol:

St. Troy
03-03-2018, 02:59 PM
No - keep that hat where it is please...

firemonkey66
03-03-2018, 04:03 PM
That engraving is awesome and also spot on! I can see why you opted to make no changes. I had been wondering if he would do a portrait of King for the frontispiece, since he does a lot of portraits, and I'm glad to see that he went with an image related to the story, and such an iconic one at that! The wood engraving process is incredible in general, it seems like it's kind of where the world of sculpture and the world of drawing meet for coffee before going their normally separate ways:) It complements the edition on multiple levels.

Fantastic stuff! Thank you for sharing:) I've been poking around the internet looking at Moser's work, he's incredibly talented. I especially like the engravings he did for Mark Twain's Book of Animals. So finely detailed.

needfulthings
03-04-2018, 11:44 AM
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/3238/WMzaSo.jpg
SUNTUP LIKE ROY HOBBS....
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/1584/hmx0Co.jpg
"HAVE KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!"
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/7936/jfd5xe.jpg

Beverly Marsh
03-05-2018, 10:59 AM

I have now! I promise to never forsake you again Brian. It wasn't intentional :smile_002: and you did a fabulous job :cool:

webstar1000
03-06-2018, 09:26 AM
1250 Gift Editions and 90% sold out Suntup is reporting today.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-06-2018, 10:06 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

mikeC
03-06-2018, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=firemonkey66;1098559]

Man, that warms my heart. That is incredible.

MikeDuke
03-06-2018, 11:38 AM
I know it's "only" $110 but I am commited to something that is much more and I promised that I would hold off a bit. If I could, I probably would get it. I will wait for the next realse, hoping it's someting that I want and shoot for a S\L of that book.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-06-2018, 01:30 PM
Uh oh.... I just got home from work and there's a big box waiting for me.... :unsure:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/dd985916-ec81-4d57-87a0-0687295cccdc_zpswzezjjqi.jpg

Br!an
03-06-2018, 03:08 PM

Man, that warms my heart. That is incredible.

Everyone knows how I feel about wood. :orely: Perhaps I should rephrase that? :wtf:

TravelinJack
03-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Uh oh.... I just got home from work and there's a big box waiting for me.... :unsure:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/dd985916-ec81-4d57-87a0-0687295cccdc_zpswzezjjqi.jpg

Watch out for inflatable Pennywise Clowns.

biomieg
03-07-2018, 12:26 AM
Love the wood engraving. By the way - I assume most of you know the work of my fellow Dutchman M.C Escher. Most people don't realize that some of his works are also wood engravings: http://www.mcescher.com/gallery/wood-engraving/

Example:

http://mcescher.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LW365-MC-Escher-Double-Planetoid-19491.jpg

biomieg
03-07-2018, 03:00 AM
Anyone know the approximate shipping costs of the gift edition to Europe? I'm contemplating getting a copy after missing out on the limited...

becca69
03-07-2018, 06:15 AM
Love the wood engraving. By the way - I assume most of you know the work of my fellow Dutchman M.C Escher. Most people don't realize that some of his works are also wood engravings: http://www.mcescher.com/gallery/wood-engraving/

Example:

http://mcescher.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LW365-MC-Escher-Double-Planetoid-19491.jpg

Wow, I love Escher's work. You would probably like the game (app) Monument Valley if you haven't tried it.

Bev Vincent
03-07-2018, 07:25 AM

Example:

I'm a big fan of Escher, too -- I have posters, t-shirts and even a necktie with his designs on them. He's sort of the patron saint of crystallographers because so many of his works show symmetric close packing of identical objects, which is how crystals are arranged.

webstar1000
03-07-2018, 09:14 AM
The market has spoken. THERE IS THREE MORE BUYERS THAT WILL PAY 10K FOR A LETTERED. Congrats Paul... congrats.

tippy4
03-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Anyone know the approximate shipping costs of the gift edition to Europe? I'm contemplating getting a copy after missing out on the limited...

I suggest you make up your mind....there are only ten copies left.

RichardX
03-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Any estimate on how many more releases there will be in the covers collection? Just curious in gauging the total number of releases anticipated. I think we are up to about 15 now. All great.

zelig
03-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Any estimate on how many more releases there will be in the covers collection? Just curious in gauging the total number of releases anticipated. I think we are up to about 15 now. All great.

There are still a bunch more planned and a cool announcement coming soon related to these.

needfulthings
03-07-2018, 11:47 AM
:nana:
Another GREAT ART PRINT from SUNTUP!:rolleyes: I think it's about time for a receptacle to hold all the CERTIFICATE OF LIMITATION AND AUTHENTICITY cards.:doh:
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/8225/AZP6YI.jpg

zelig
03-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Another GREAT ART PRINT from SUNTUP!:rolleyes: I think it's about time for a receptacle to hold all the CERTIFICATE OF LIMITATION AND AUTHENTICITY cards.:doh:

I already have one of those..... oh wait, you mean for you? :rolleyes:

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_7317.jpg

TravelinJack
03-07-2018, 12:08 PM

That’s not a bad idea.

TravelinJack
03-07-2018, 12:09 PM

I already have one of those..... oh wait, you mean for you? :rolleyes:

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_7317.jpg

Yowza

zelig
03-07-2018, 12:16 PM
The market has spoken. THERE IS THREE MORE BUYERS THAT WILL PAY 10K FOR A LETTERED. Congrats Paul... congrats.

Thanks Kris. So I found 3 copies of the lettered Misery in the warehouse. $10,000 each, first come first served.

Kidding! :smile:

lotuz
03-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Thanks Kris. So I found 3 copies of the lettered Misery in the warehouse. $10,000 each, first come first served.

It may be worthwhile to invent some new letters for the alphabet... :orely:

needfulthings
03-07-2018, 12:19 PM
:wtf: SUNTUP'S NEXT STEPHEN KING SIGNED LIMITED!
:lol:
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/2320/tu9RuR.jpg

T-Dogz_AK47
03-07-2018, 12:50 PM

Paul, can you use the Khmer (Cambodian) alphabet for the next Lettered Edition? At 74 letters, It's the longest alphabet in the world. ;)

WeDealInLead
03-07-2018, 01:36 PM

Some publishers believe that alphabet has 52 letters. Thank you for not being one of them.

lotuz
03-07-2018, 01:39 PM

Some publishers believe that alphabet has 52 letters. Thank you for not being one of them.

+1

I was just about to say this! I am not a fan of the 52 letters. Either stick with 26 or just do like 50 and use Roman Numerals and call it a "deluxe edition"...

T-Dogz_AK47
03-07-2018, 01:41 PM

That doesn't bother me. It gives an additional 26 people the chance to actually own a copy.

St. Troy
03-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Isn't there at least one publisher that does (or has done) "lettered" runs of 104? (AAAA etc.)

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Isn't there at least one publisher that does (or has done) "lettered" runs of 104? (AAAA etc.)

You are correct. That is indeed a real thing I've seen.

Brian

Randall Flagg
03-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Perhaps people are missing that King himself may not have wanted , or would agree to 52, 70, 104 "lettered copies". There rarely is a magic number that pleases all parties in rarity, cost access, etc,

richardsrarebooks
03-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Dennis McMillan did them. Produced some very nice books, mostly mysteries.

amd013
03-07-2018, 06:01 PM

That doesn't bother me. It gives an additional 26 people the chance to actually own a copy.

+1 :thumbsup:

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2018, 06:13 PM
I've also seen Lettered Edition runs of just 13 copies. :panic:

Brian

zelig
03-07-2018, 06:43 PM

Brian

Good idea. For the next book, anyone who has #14 on up, tough break. :evil:

needfulthings
03-07-2018, 06:56 PM
:evil: #13

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2018, 07:18 PM

Brian

The run could keep getting smaller for each subsequent book until there's only 1 for all of the collectors to fight over...! :unsure: :ninja:

Brian

lotuz
03-07-2018, 08:05 PM
The run could keep getting smaller for each subsequent book until there's only 1 for all of the collectors to fight over...! :unsure: :ninja:

Brian

The first rule of Fight (Book)Club is don't talk about Fight (Book)Club :evil::ninja:

zelig
03-07-2018, 08:28 PM
And then I would be the most hated dude in small press publishing. :panic:

Brian James Freeman
03-07-2018, 09:03 PM
And then I would be the most hated dude in small press publishing. :panic:

Especially if you just kept that one copy for your own collection!

zelig
03-07-2018, 09:37 PM
You have all the good ideas, dontcha!

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-07-2018, 09:40 PM
It would be a smoother, less distraught world if all books were published only in easy to find trade editions.

It would also be a much duller, quite boring and nothing for book collectors to look forward to world.

I prefer the more interesting world.

herbertwest
03-08-2018, 01:34 AM

Brian

Brian

Well, that's what the rebound work from Jerome is, isn't it?

stroppygoblin
03-08-2018, 01:42 AM

Brian

:panic:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
A B C D E F G H I J K L M... :wtf:

zelig
03-08-2018, 04:20 AM
Opinions seem to be split regarding 26/52 lettered runs. The only way for more collectors to get in on a future lettered is to run 52 copies. Two things will impact that decision. One is that I have always been against doing a 52 copy lettered, and the other is that the author may not want to do it. I will say though that I do like the idea of allowing more people to enjoy a lettered book. If I ever decided to run 52 copies, it would not be an easy decision to make.

C1TIZEN_X
03-08-2018, 05:06 AM

Looks like there are only 4 Gift Editions left now!!

webstar1000
03-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Opinions seem to be split regarding 26/52 lettered runs. The only way for more collectors to get in on a future lettered is to run 52 copies. Two things will impact that decision. One is that I have always been against doing a 52 copy lettered, and the other is that the author may not want to do it. I will say though that I do like the idea of allowing more people to enjoy a lettered book. If I ever decided to run 52 copies, it would not be an easy decision to make.

I for one... hope you do not. But the choice is of course yours to make!

Brian861
03-08-2018, 07:58 AM

Looks like there are only 4 Gift Editions left now!!

Camelot did have a copy/s and did I see one list on DRP also?

St. Troy
03-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Was the limitation number of the Misery gift edition ever stated? Just curious what it will be (if it is the same, that is) for future publications (I'm not interested in Misery, but potentially very interested in future Suntup editions).

Aronstg
03-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Was the limitation number of the Misery gift edition ever stated? Just curious what it will be (if it is the same, that is) for future publications (I'm not interested in Misery, but potentially very interested in future Suntup editions).

1250 copies.

webstar1000
03-08-2018, 08:31 AM

wolfehr
03-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Saw a note on Facebook that the artist edition is now sold out.

St. Troy
03-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Thanks. 1250 is good; I'll have a shot at those (quite competitive for the other editions).

sentinel
03-08-2018, 10:49 AM

I too favor 26 over 52 but the real key to me is what you are producing. I really hate publishers that put on a new dust jacket and a 'pretty box' call it lettered and charge ++++$$$$.
The lettered edition has to be unique, extra features, extra value, additional art & copy etc....otherwise why bother. For instance, to me, there is no such thing as a "lettered Cujo" they are all the same numbered or lettered who cares? Why on earth would you pay more for the exact same thing because it has a letter?

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-08-2018, 10:59 AM

I too favor 26 over 52 but the real key to me is what you are producing. I really hate publishers that put on a new dust jacket and a 'pretty box' call it lettered and charge ++++$$$$.
The lettered edition has to be unique, extra features, extra value, additional art & copy etc....otherwise why bother. For instance, to me, there is no such thing as a "lettered Cujo" they are all the same numbered or lettered who cares? Why on earth would you pay more for the exact same thing because it has a letter?

100 percent :thumbsup:

biomieg
03-08-2018, 11:12 AM
I agree. To be fair, the 'classic' lettered editions were never intended for sale so they didn't need to be different. But yeah, it is sort of strange to pay more for a lettered Cujo than for a numbered copy (same goes for Gunslinger and other limiteds from that era).

Ari_Racing
03-08-2018, 11:33 AM
My two cents here:

I have my doubts regarding the extra contents of a lettered. More art, in my opinion, doesn't make a difference. TOP art makes a difference. As a matter of fact, somehow I started to grew tired of books with too many illustrations. There are books that I end up not even looking at all the illustrations. I'd preffer a lot less illustrations but from a top artist. And I have one example in mind: Robert McCammon's I Travel by Night/Last Train from Perdition. The books only have one extra plate, but these (and the covers) are from Michael Whelan. If the lettered edition would include two or three more plates from HIM, I'd really make an effort to buy it (and I'm not a lettered edition collector). We reached a point where there are just too many illustrations. Do buyers care about more? Or would it be the same if the book had 5 less illustrations? Last Tuesday I opened Cemetery Dance Salem's Lot's Artwork Porfolio, an item I LOVE. My amazement is bigger with each of David Pallumbo's pieces and I just skipped Glenn Chadbourne's ones, but then I saw one that I never saw before by accident when I was placing all again back in the folder. And do you know something? It was a really nice piece by Glenn Chadbourne. Why didn't I notice this piece before? Because I've seen so many illustrations by Glenn in the last ten-twelve years that I simply grew tired of his works and my brain just skips it. I really would love the publishers risk more when it comes to artists. Show something different! New artists! David Pallumbo is a great example: his pieces for Salem's Lot made the edition even MORE BEAUTIFUL!

I agree that the rest of the production values SHOULD make a difference, but in a balanced and smart way. What Paul imagined for Misery is one GREAT example. It's not only top materials: there's an original idea behind it, a syntony with the story (and it doesn't have to do with the story itself: The Regulators is not one of King's best novels (far from being one...), but the lettered edition (even the signed edition, in this case) has originality, harmony with the story, and is visually appealing to any book collector). But it has to have balance! If the edition has 50 different features all together without balance, harmony, well...most of those features will be lost.

As an alternative for the 26-52 copies, I'm not really sure about how much would a lettered book cost without King's signature, but I do know that, if the price is right, I'd definitively jump in for a lettered edition of Misery or The Regulators without King's signature. I know I'm probably the minority, but I also know I'm not the only one (after all, Dragonbound is not that far away from this idea). Maybe an unsigned lettered edition? Would that be something King won't complain (since he won't have to sign anything)? Would the 26-52 make a major difference in the collectors' point of view in unsigned editions?

tippy4
03-08-2018, 12:18 PM
ARTIST EDITION SOLD OUT!

TravelinJack
03-08-2018, 01:16 PM
Congrats Paul on selling out each edition!

T-Dogz_AK47
03-08-2018, 01:47 PM
As an alternative for the 26-52 copies, I'm not really sure about how much would a lettered book cost without King's signature, but I do know that, if the price is right, I'd definitively jump in for a lettered edition of Misery or The Regulators without King's signature. I know I'm probably the minority, but I also know I'm not the only one (after all, Dragonbound is not that far away from this idea). Maybe an unsigned lettered edition? Would that be something King won't complain (since he won't have to sign anything)? Would the 26-52 make a major difference in the collectors' point of view in unsigned editions?

Having King's signature in a limited edition is not the driving force behind my collecting habits. For me, it's the book itself. A chance to own (and to enjoy reading) the most deluxe copy available of my most favourite books is what drives my collection.

As an example of this, I recently pre-ordered CD's Artist Lettered edition of The Stand. The fact that this edition is not signed by King, did not faze me. It's one of my favourite King books of all time, so having the chance to own a super deluxe copy of this with the extra production values attached to it, was a no brainer.

Would I purchase an unsigned Lettered edition of Misery if ever given the chance to do so? In a heartbeat and without any hesitation!!!

Ari_Racing
03-08-2018, 02:09 PM

Having King's signature in a limited edition is not the driving force behind my collecting habits. For me, it's the book itself. A chance to own (and to enjoy reading) the most deluxe copy available of my most favourite books is what drives my collection.

As an example of this, I recently pre-ordered CD's Artist Lettered edition of The Stand. The fact that this edition is not signed by King, did not faze me. It's one of my favourite King books of all time, so having the chance to own a super deluxe copy of this with the extra production values attached to it, was a no brainer.

Would I purchase an unsigned Lettered edition of Misery if ever given the chance to do so? In a heartbeat and without any hesitation!!!

Then I'm glad I'm not the only one :D

jcmanske
03-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Paul conducted a fantastic and candid interview of the publisher of Charnel House, Joe Stefko. Like Paul, Joe publishes limited editions books which are works of art such as King's Lettered "The Regulators." You can find the interview here: https://suntup.press/interviews/joe-stefko/

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Paul conducted a fantastic and candid interview of the publisher of Charnel House, Joe Stefko. Like Paul, Joe publishes limited editions books which are works of art such as King's Lettered "The Regulators." You can find the interview here: https://suntup.press/interviews/joe-stefko/

It was an awesome interview :thumbsup:

lotuz
03-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Then I'm glad I'm not the only one :D

I'll third this.

My issue with the 26/52 is very superficial: I just don't see the need to use letters as a designation if you're going to do more or less than 26 copies. Just use Roman Numerals or something. But clearly that's not what the market is into, so I should just get used to it.

I am firmly with T-Dogz - what I really enjoy is the composition of the book. The signature is nice, sure, but it's definitely not what drives my collecting. For example, Canterbury Classics reprints works that are in the public domain and their average price is $20-30. Cheap books. But they have done some really pretty ones! Their H.P. Lovecraft compilation is on a stand on my bookshelf because it's cool-looking and well put together. Granted, at $20/book they are not going to have some of the other luxuries of nice books, like paper with a great texture, or marbled endpapers.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_52181.JPG

On the other end of the spectrum are Paul's books. The Dragon Rebound books are a great example of the bookbinder's art. All of the parts are just perfect, and the sum of the whole is much greater than its constituents. In fact, it was hearing about Dragon Rebound that caused me to make a major shift in my collection. I decided last summer (after having initially missed the boat on DR) that I so greatly enjoyed having quality books, as opposed to having many books, that I decided to start selling a chunk of my collection and dedicating the proceeds to procuring a smaller number of excellently-produced books. I do not regret my decision! And the lack of a signature in the DR books is not important to me at all.

I think there is a great argument to be made for making more copies of the deluxe books so that more people can enjoy them! Is the value eroded with twice as many copies around? Probably. But I don't collect as an investment and I fully expect my family to get ripped off when they sell my books after I die (because I'm sure not selling them while I'm alive unless something catastrophic happens, or my tastes change significantly). I've been wanted a lettered Regulators forever, and I would happily purchase one without the signature page. And I wish there were more copies so that it would be easier to find one! And in this vein I also find it distasteful when a collector sucks up multiple copies of the same lettered edition from the market, but that's a different rant...

All of that said, I of course respect the wishes of the author and publisher. If an author will only agree to a limited edition of 26, so be it. If a publisher wants to make a truly spectacular, but scarce, edition, so be it. I am just along for the ride :cool:

swintek
03-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Agree. More beautiful books for everyone- no limitation. I think it's a real shame that only 26 people- with enough disposable income- will get to put that amazing deluxe edition of MISERY (and, a bunch of other incredible books as well) in their collections. Even more of a shame that many of that select group will not even READ that beautiful book- the whole point! It'll be locked away in an air-tight, no-light-can-penetrate vault until that person dies. Just never made sense to me as a true bibliophile. I know- lots of folks feel differently. It's cool.

Here's a wild idea: Why not make 500 copies (or, whatever the market dictates via the usual pre-order, pre-pay current system) of a signed "deluxe" best-it-can-be edition at $300-$500 a pop. Then offer an unsigned "gift" edition that looks like a great "numbered", say 1,000 copies (or, again, whatever the pre-orders dictate) @ $125-$150 ea.? Too.. socialistic?

TravelinJack
03-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Just a thought, not sure if these last handful of posts (all very good and interesting) should be in a separate thread about various collectible editions. It’s a great topic and that way it doesn’t detract from Suntup focused discussions?

firemonkey66
03-08-2018, 05:34 PM
There are 5 artist editions of Misery still available for issue price at Camelot Books if anyone is looking for one.
https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/misery

lotuz
03-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Just a thought, not sure if these last handful of posts (all very good and interesting) should be in a separate thread about various collectible editions. It’s a great topic and that way it doesn’t detract from Suntup focused discussions?

You are probably right :thumbsup:

To bring this back into focus, this is a really great interview!

I'd like to hear about the circumstances around this. It's actually pretty amazing that two of the best limited edition book craftsmen came together in the first place. Of course everyone here has heard of or seen the lettered "The Regulators", but many of Joe's other books are amazing pieces of art as well. Fully three of his lettered editions are on my Holy Grail list!

I think he has set a pretty high bar, one that Paul looks to clear very early with Suntup Editions... The comparisons between "Misery" and "The Regulators" are very apt, and Ari's comment is spot-on:

I agree that the rest of the production values SHOULD make a difference, but in a balanced and smart way. What Paul imagined for Misery is one GREAT example. It's not only top materials: there's an original idea behind it, a syntony with the story (and it doesn't have to do with the story itself: The Regulators is not one of King's best novels (far from being one...), but the lettered edition (even the signed edition, in this case) has originality, harmony with the story, and is visually appealing to any book collector).

While I very much appreciate the limited editions from the other small publishers, the amount of creativity that these two bookmakers put into their productions is really astounding. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall during that conversation!!

I think that Charnel House is underappreciated precisely because he prices out many book collectors, especially with the lettered editions (and he is very clear that his mission is not to make affordable books). IMO Suntup Editions will probably make more of a splash because (a) the collecting fan base for Stephen King is much larger than for Dean Koontz or Tim Powers, and (b) Suntup Editions has an Artist's Edition that falls in the lower price bracket.

MikeDuke
03-09-2018, 06:06 AM

Is there a link to that or are they already sold out.

MikeDuke
03-09-2018, 06:12 AM
I would have bought the artist ed, but I already spent a lot on books this year, plus I have a big one (for me) coming soon, so I had stop at some point. Hopefully there will be enough for me to get
the next one. Just to follow up on some themes. I would not buy a S\L of King's work just because it has his name in it. I have to enjoy the book. That is number one or it has to look special.

webstar1000
03-09-2018, 06:56 AM
I would have bought the artist ed, but I already spent a lot on books this year, plus I have a big one (for me) coming soon, so I had stop at some point. Hopefully there will be enough for me to get
the next one. Just to follow up on some themes. I would not buy a S\L of King's work just because it has his name in it. I have to enjoy the book. That is number one or it has to look special.

You didn't like Misery? It is easily one of my favs. Top 5 for sure:)

MikeDuke
03-09-2018, 07:15 AM

You didn't like Misery? It is easily one of my favs. Top 5 for sure:)
I did not mean that. Misery is one of my favorite books. So much more detailed than the movie. I just meant that I would not buy a book that maybe was just OK just because it was signed. I also meant that I did not have enough money to buy even buy the gift ed of Misery. If I did have the money, one would be sitting on my shelf right now. Probably one that I liked, but it's not every ones favorite was Gerald's Game. But I doubt there would ever be a S\L of that. If there was, I would buy that if I could. TBH, I haven't read EVERY King book he has written. I have a certain ones that I read that are favorites that I would get. Then there are others that I have not read, but from what I have heard are really good so I would probably get one of those in a S\L version if it came out. That's all I meant. sorry for the confusion.

frik
03-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Not sold out yet, not even a general announcement yet, just offered to the CDCC members.
Stay tuned, an announcement will be coming.

Although....wait...I believe the lettered edition is sold out.
The others (gift and AE) not yet.

sk

Br!an
03-09-2018, 02:12 PM

Not sold out yet, not even a general announcement yet, just offered to the CDCC members.
Stay tuned, an announcement will be coming.

Although....wait...I believe the lettered edition is sold out.
The others (gift and AE) not yet.

sk

It should not have been mentioned.

"You're receiving this email because you're a member of the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club 8. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION OR LINK WITH ANYONE! DOING SO WILL AFFECT OUR ABILITY TO SEND THIS SORT OF ADVANCE NOTICE IN THE FUTURE."

T-Dogz_AK47
03-09-2018, 02:31 PM
It was released to CDCC members... AND to those that had purchased the previous edition in a seperate pre order link.

That link closed a long time ago.

Br!an
03-09-2018, 02:37 PM
And you were told not to mention it, or am I wrong?

T-Dogz_AK47
03-09-2018, 02:56 PM

I think we both know that the pre-order window in question was held and closed over 2 months ago, and thus, my purchase was mentioned in passing whilst discussing a different topic. I did not provide details of a link or information about a current sale in my post, so this is not the transgression you are making it out to be.

Instead, you're making a meal out of a nothing burger and derailing this thread in the process.

DoctorZaius
03-09-2018, 03:06 PM
I am pissed at myself over all this.

I had a lettered EOTD portfolio that I no longer needed. I had purchased a numbered one and a lettered one when they first went on sale at Suntup. When Paul was kind enough to later match my number to a newly purchased red numbered Philtrum Press edition of EOTD, I decided to let the lettered go. To be honest, I don't collect lettered editions - can't afford them long term. So, I reached out to a couple of dealers, and David ends up buying it for his own collection. I was glad to help a brother out! Then we both hear about the Misery edition, and how having the lettered EOTD will help secure the lettered Misery, I let Paul know that David has my copy. Low and behold David gets his rights to the lettered Misery - I want to emphasize, this is NOT the one he auctioned off on his website. Then I come to find out I could have made a $8000 profit? Ugh! That would have helped with my own collecting habits.

Let me be clear, I hold no ill will to David or Paul. They both provide great services to the collecting community. This is all my own angst. And I know that some of you will think it serves me right for trying to make a profit, but then that's how I have been able to expand my collection over the years. Enjoy your book David!

AstroDad
03-09-2018, 03:07 PM
didn't realize it was up to the buyers to decide when it was ok to release info specifically asked not to by the publisher. live and learn.

Randall Flagg
03-09-2018, 03:22 PM

I had a lettered EOTD portfolio that I no longer needed. I had purchased a numbered one and a lettered one when they first went on sale at Suntup. When Paul was kind enough to later match my number to a newly purchased red numbered Philtrum Press edition of EOTD, I decided to let the lettered go. To be honest, I don't collect lettered editions - can't afford them long term. So, I reached out to a couple of dealers, and David ends up buying it for his own collection. I was glad to help a brother out! Then we both hear about the Misery edition, and how having the lettered EOTD will help secure the lettered Misery, I let Paul know that David has my copy. Low and behold David gets his rights to the lettered Misery - I want to emphasize, this is NOT the one he auctioned off on his website. Then I come to find out I could have made a $8000 profit? Ugh! That would have helped with my own collecting habits.

Let me be clear, I hold no ill will to David or Paul. They both provide great services to the collecting community. This is all my own angst. And I know that some of you will think it serves me right for trying to make a profit, but then that's how I have been able to expand my collection over the years. Enjoy your book David!
If you bear no ill will, the last sentence ending with an exclamation point seems odd.

Br!an
03-09-2018, 03:25 PM

I think we both know that the pre-order window in question was held over 2 months ago, and thus, my purchase was mentioned in passing whilst discussing a different topic. It's hardly a leak of state secrets.

You're making a meal out of a nothing burger and derailing this thread in the process.

I received the CDCC email today. Don't mention it means don't mention it. You were told not to mention it and yet you did. As long as that is clear we can stop "derailing this thread."

DoctorZaius
03-09-2018, 03:34 PM

If you bear no ill will, the last sentence ending with an exclamation point seems odd.

I really am happy to have helped out David for once, instead of the other way around. No ill will whatsoever.

Br!an
03-09-2018, 03:35 PM

He said he's pissed at himself. Perhaps he's just enthusiastically suggesting that David enjoy the book. :orely:

Merlin1958
03-09-2018, 07:23 PM

He said he's pissed at himself. Perhaps he's just enthusiastically suggesting that David enjoy the book. :orely:

I could have lived my entire life without knowing about this!! LOL

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-10-2018, 05:28 AM
I got an e-mail notice that my Partially payment failed. I hope this is a legit e-mail? Why would it fail? I will wait for instructions on how to proceed.

Beverly Marsh
03-10-2018, 05:45 AM
I got an e-mail notice that my Partially payment failed. I hope this is a legit e-mail? Why would it fail? I will wait for instructions on how to proceed.

I did too! I called Bank of America to see if maybe they thought it was a fraudulent charge. They told me they were having system issues and didn't see that a charge had even been attempted. This partial.ly site is supposed to try again Monday and what if it still doesn't work ? I'm a little concerned here and not sure what to do.
I love and very much appreciate that we can do a payment plan but I really wish PayPal had been used as an option. I've never heard of this other site.

zelig
03-10-2018, 06:18 AM
I’m looking into this and will let you know what the issue is. Some payments have failed and some have gone through. Soon as I hear back from the service provider I will contact you directly.

zelig
03-10-2018, 06:22 AM
I forgot to add. The important thing is not to panic. :smile:

Randall Flagg
03-10-2018, 06:27 AM
:panic:

Beverly Marsh
03-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Thanks Paul :)
My biggest concern was you seeing it and thinking the funds weren't available which isn't the case.

wolfehr
03-10-2018, 07:59 AM
+1 Thanks for looking into it Paul!

The Library Policeman
03-10-2018, 08:01 AM
I got the same email from Partial.ly, Paul. Called my CC company and they said therd is no problem whatsoever at their end.

zelig
03-10-2018, 08:09 AM
No problem. Will be in touch when I have some answers. Apologies for the inconvenience.

needfulthings
03-10-2018, 08:32 AM
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/3046/K1Nxsb.jpg

Randall Flagg
03-10-2018, 08:40 AM
https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/1Yfeci9q8J0xtCIVjzkXxWMjMl0=/fit-in/1200x9600/http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBeaker.gif

wolfehr
03-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Just got an email that my payment posted successfully. I did not take any action after receiving the failed payment email.

Beverly Marsh
03-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Payment went through. Whatever you did Paul, it worked!

zelig
03-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Okay, this is all sorted out. Apparently there was a temporary issue with the card processor. We re-charged all cards which were then approved. All's well that ends well.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Mine came through too.

What was that addendum included indicating I will now receive all lettered Suntup editions with an 'A' from now on for no charge? That's a mistake I can live with!

Br!an
03-10-2018, 10:37 AM
They haven't billed me yet. :orely:

zelig
03-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Mine came through too.

What was that addendum included indicating I will now receive all lettered Suntup editions with an 'A' from now on for no charge? That's a mistake I can live with!

Yeah we need more mistakes like that for sure. They just don’t happen that often. Like never. Well enjoy your free invisible variant lettered editions for life at no charge! :smile:

The Library Policeman
03-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Mine has gone through successfully too :thumbsup:

zelig
03-10-2018, 10:57 AM
They haven't billed me yet. :orely:

You're good. Payment was captured.

shaq
03-10-2018, 02:49 PM
I’m still gutted I missed out on the numbered limited on this one.

Would have been one that stayed on the shelf, no matter the potential profit was.

needfulthings
03-10-2018, 03:36 PM
DEAR GUTTED!
Look at the bright side a numbered may show up on the 2nd hand market.
HAS BETT'S POSTED A NEW LISTING YET?
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/4057/Yn2w4P.jpg

MikeDuke
03-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Me too. Really sorry I missed this one.

St. Troy
03-10-2018, 07:01 PM

I had to read this a couple times to confirm that you weren’t saying you pissed all over yourself...

ym2000
03-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Finally got my Art Portfolio for The eyes Of The Dragon - what a stunning production, I will have to make some photos to share. Anyway my traycase had a bump and since Im OCD on stuff like that I emailed Paul and asked if they had any extras. He replied right away and sent me a new one.
What a class act all the way - this is exactly the small signs of outstanding customer service that hopefully will allow them to grow his business in the future. Cant wait to see whats coming next.

RC65
03-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Very Fine Books is featuring the 1250 Artist's Edition as now available through them for $225. Given that that's double the cover price of a just a week or two ago, I think that's an extraordinary inflation of pricing, to put it politely, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone missed out on that edition and just has to have a copy, no matter what the price.

Beverly Marsh
03-12-2018, 08:27 AM
I think Dave at Overlook has a couple still available as well if anyone is looking....

jeffingoff
03-13-2018, 06:07 AM
Dark Regions has some and they're offering a Stephen King Bundle that's not outrageously overpriced.

https://darkregions.com/products/stephen-king-limited-collectible-bundle-with-grab-bag

becca69
03-13-2018, 10:08 AM
Ari. How do you do it?

firemonkey66
03-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Ari. How do you do it?

Did he win the artist edition subscription?

becca69
03-13-2018, 10:10 AM
Yep.

firemonkey66
03-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Yep.

Shit.

And congrats, ari!

wolfehr
03-13-2018, 10:16 AM
Congrats Ari!

zelig
03-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Ari. I was floored when your name popped up, as I’m sure you can tell from my reaction!

Randall Flagg
03-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Damn. The only major prize Ari hasn't won is our fundraiser Grand Prize. Of course there is this year...

becca69
03-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Damn. The only major prize Ari hasn't won is our fundraiser Grand Prize. Of course there is this year...

Nope. That's mine for sure ;)

EXPLORER
03-13-2018, 01:17 PM
Congratulations Ari. I was floored when your name popped up, as I’m sure you can tell from my reaction!

I BET IF YOU PUT ANOTHER RANDOM NUMBER IN..... It still would have come up Ari...... He has that much good fortune!
CONGRATS ARI

zelig
03-13-2018, 01:43 PM

I BET IF YOU PUT ANOTHER RANDOM NUMBER IN..... It still would have come up Ari...... He has that much good fortune!
CONGRATS ARI

Just for fun I tried it and it wasn’t him.

Ari_Racing
03-13-2018, 02:00 PM

Your reaction was PRICELESS!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE, SPECIALLY PAUL FOR RUNNING THIS AMAZING CONTEST! :) :) :) :)

Challenge accepted! :) Donation being sent in a couple of minutes.

Room 217 Caretaker
03-13-2018, 02:25 PM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE, SPECIALLY PAUL FOR RUNNING THIS AMAZING CONTEST! :) :) :) :)

Ari

PM being sent. I need to talk with you about the Powerball Lottery numbers you told me to select.....was that a 39 or 59?

$334,000,000 Drawing Saturday night

Mulleins

firemonkey66
03-13-2018, 04:44 PM
All the hubbub with the S/L made me realize I haven't read Misery in waaaaay too long (decades?), so I decided to 'reread' it by listening to it. For anybody that likes audiobooks or wants to give them a try, the audiobook for Misery read by Lindsay Crouse is really good. She does an excellent job reading Annie (so far, anyway, I'm probably a third of the way through) and I find that I like the book even more than I remember. Makes me itch for August to roll around:)

Hunchback Jack
03-13-2018, 11:52 PM
Congratulations, Ari! That's amazing and hilarious.

And Paul, thank you for your generosity in extending the penguin prizes to those who ordered on the twelfth! I won one!

HBJ

peripheral
03-14-2018, 02:00 AM
No way! Congrats Ari!!!

jeffingoff
03-14-2018, 01:05 PM

CONGRATS ARI

Yeah you're aware that we're all dying to know whose name came in second.

Br!an
03-14-2018, 01:42 PM

CONGRATS ARI

Yeah you're aware that we're all dying to know whose name came in second.

We are all tied for second.

Sir_Boomme
03-14-2018, 02:04 PM
anyone else suspicious of Ari's uncanny un-natural abilities to win contests...
yet...again...

what deal has that boy made with the devil?... obviously, a better one than I.

Hunchback Jack
03-14-2018, 02:18 PM
The other obvious question is: just how many Gift editions did he buy to shift the draw in his favour? :)

HBJ

Merlin1958
03-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Very Fine Books is featuring the 1250 Artist's Edition as now available through them for $225. Given that that's double the cover price of a just a week or two ago, I think that's an extraordinary inflation of pricing, to put it politely, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone missed out on that edition and just has to have a copy, no matter what the price.

I saw that too and hadmuch the same reaction. I wonder,did he get a reseller price as well? Just curious.

Brian861
03-14-2018, 07:37 PM
No way! Congrats Ari!!!

Ditto! Congrats, Ari!

Merlin1958
03-14-2018, 08:06 PM
No way! Congrats Ari!!!

Ditto! Congrats, Ari!

Hey, Ari............................................... ..........:FU::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Ari_Racing
03-16-2018, 04:24 AM

Ari

PM being sent. I need to talk with you about the Powerball Lottery numbers you told me to select.....was that a 39 or 59?

$334,000,000 Drawing Saturday night

Mulleins

Hahaha! :) 39 :P

anyone else suspicious of Ari's uncanny un-natural abilities to win contests...
yet...again...

what deal has that boy made with the devil?... obviously, a better one than I.

HAHAHAHA. According to my wife, my luck will never give me the winning numbers of the lottery, but it'll show up at great moments, like when I need to park the car urgently for a meeting...just in front of the place, located at the crowdest place ever in the rush hour :D She calls it "Suerte Solci", which means " 'little sun' luck" (she calls me "little sun"). :D

webstar1000
03-16-2018, 06:15 AM
Paul can you share what a proof of Misery looks like?

Room 217 Caretaker
03-16-2018, 06:46 AM

Proof of Misery.....well, there once was this girl.....oh wait, you mean of the book.

Mulleins

Brian861
03-16-2018, 06:52 AM
Just turn on CNN. All the proof you'll ever need......

Brian861
03-16-2018, 08:00 AM
Another one for Ari :) Win a copy of Misery Artist Edition (http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Articles.asp?ID=137)

zelig
03-16-2018, 10:13 AM

Sure, the only 'proof' we have right now are the unbound manuscript pages. The bound proof hasn't been completed yet.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/IMG_3120.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Just send that right over and I'll proofread it for you, no problem.

MikeDuke
03-16-2018, 10:36 AM
Just send that right over and I'll proofread it for you, no problem.
Hey, Don't be so greedy :tongue1:. Leave some for the little guy.

jsmcmullen92
03-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Another one for Ari :) Win a copy of Misery Artist Edition (http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Articles.asp?ID=137)

Funny enough there is no where to enter the contest. Is say enter below but there is no entry box. If you read the rules it has a link with no box and a URL that doesn't exist. I don't think even Ari could win that one!

becca69
03-16-2018, 10:49 AM

Funny enough there is no where to enter the contest. Is say enter below but there is no entry box. If you read the rules it has a link with no box and a URL that doesn't exist. I don't think even Ari could win that one!

I can see the entry box next to the image of the book.

jsmcmullen92
03-16-2018, 10:54 AM

I can see the entry box next to the image of the book.

Ahh for anyone who uses Ghostery it will block the entry. you need to pause it on the site for things to show up.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-16-2018, 04:21 PM
I have now entered another contest I will never win, yay!

TravelinJack
03-16-2018, 06:50 PM
BTW - didnt realize how cool the ‘Black House’ cover really was until seeing the cover collection version without text. Awesome.

Hunchback Jack
03-16-2018, 08:13 PM
Sure, the only 'proof' we have right now are the unbound manuscript pages. The bound proof hasn't been completed yet.

Paul, believe it or not, my heart rate went up just seeing the proof pages for this edition. Really excited about seeing the final product.

HBJ

zelig
03-17-2018, 06:04 AM
BTW - didnt realize how cool the ‘Black House’ cover really was until seeing the cover collection version without text. Awesome.

Thanks, yes it’s a really nice print. This happens with all of them. I see the art on the screen and then the highlight for me is printing a copy and seeing it in print for the first time, at least in this format, and I am amazed every time. Some very cool ones will be announced in the coming months.

Paul, believe it or not, my heart rate went up just seeing the proof pages for this edition. Really excited about seeing the final product.

HBJ

Good to hear. And we will be posting more updates with pictures along the way.

TravelinJack
03-17-2018, 09:29 AM

Thanks, yes it’s a really nice print. This happens with all of them. I see the art on the screen and then the highlight for me is printing a copy and seeing it in print for the first time, at least in this format, and I am amazed every time. Some very cool ones will be announced in the coming months.

Agreed. It's a completely different experience. Looking forward to seeing what covers are forthcoming to round out this collection.

herbertwest
03-17-2018, 04:10 PM

Ari, can you please enter that contest for me? :)

Ari_Racing
03-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Of course I already entered :D

herbertwest
03-18-2018, 11:31 AM
For me? Oh, thank you sooooo much ! :)

Brian James Freeman
03-18-2018, 12:45 PM
Wow, surprising news out of the USA... Ari won the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, a.k.a March Madness... not the betting pool, but the actual tournament, playing 1 man on 5 basketball! Wowza! :wtf:

Brian

Room 217 Caretaker
03-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Wow, surprising news out of the USA... Ari won the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, a.k.a March Madness... not the betting pool, but the actual tournament, playing 1 man on 5 basketball! Wowza! :wtf:

Brian

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....now that's a good one.

Mulleins

Brian861
03-19-2018, 09:58 AM

Brian

And two weeks before the tournament ended!

Ari_Racing
03-19-2018, 10:00 AM
:D :D :D :D

Did I? :How cool! :P

Beverly Marsh
03-19-2018, 04:22 PM

Brian

And two weeks before the tournament ended!

:rofl: well played fellas

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-21-2018, 11:44 AM
https://suntup.press/interviews/an-interview-with-jerad-walters-the-publisher-responsible-for-one-of-the-most-desirable-stephen-king-limited-editions-salems-lot/

Ben Mears
03-21-2018, 12:26 PM
https://suntup.press/interviews/an-interview-with-jerad-walters-the-publisher-responsible-for-one-of-the-most-desirable-stephen-king-limited-editions-salems-lot/

Thanks for the link. Two publishers who have probably produced (or will be soon) the nicest SK deluxe editions ever done.

Ari_Racing
03-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Nice interview. Thanks for sharing! :)

swintek
03-21-2018, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the link. Two publishers who have probably produced (or will be soon) the nicest SK deluxe editions ever done.

Absolutely.

TravelinJack
03-21-2018, 01:39 PM
That was a good read.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Interesting interview with yet another person I owe money to.

RichardX
03-22-2018, 09:30 AM
I seem to recall King wasn't a big fan of the Centipede Salem's Lot due to the size of the book. My recollection is that there were some hard feelings.

St. Troy
03-22-2018, 09:36 AM
Short version: He loved it - then he complained about its grandiosity - then he went on to approve many, many limiteds with other publishers, many of which were much more expensive than Centipede's.

jeffingoff
03-22-2018, 09:37 AM
Short version: He loved it - then he complained about its grandiosity - then he went on to approve many, many limiteds with other publishers, many of which were much more expensive than Centipede's.

BOOM!

lotuz
03-22-2018, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this! Clearly I need to check suntup.press more often :)

Paul, Joe, and Jerad are quite the "big three"! Together they are responsible for some of the most beautiful books out there.

Very cool of you to do these interviews, Paul.

swintek
03-22-2018, 09:54 AM

BOOM!

Yep! And, most of those other limited's were not only way more expensive- they were nowhere near as wonderful, either. Oh well, as Jerad says in the interview, that book gave him the seed money to get his great press off the ground.

webstar1000
03-22-2018, 10:22 AM
The prices on the secondary market for the Misery S/L.... are just mind boggling. Some of you would be SHOCKED. Man Paul is doing something great here.... is it August 8th yet?

Brian861
03-22-2018, 11:01 AM
The prices on the secondary market for the Misery S/L.... are just mind boggling. Some of you would be SHOCKED. Man Paul is doing something great here.... is it August 8th yet?

Stop rushing August, people :mad1: Some of us actually enjoy summer!

St. Troy
03-22-2018, 11:07 AM
Some of us actually enjoy summer!

"Summer," or, as I call it, the countdown to fall.

zelig
03-23-2018, 10:55 PM
This may be of interest to some of you. This is footage of the photogravure printing process from the lettered dragon Portfolio.

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/1899431886793885/ (https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/1899431886793885/)

cit74
03-24-2018, 10:35 AM
This may be of interest to some of you. This is footage of the photogravure printing process from the lettered dragon Portfolio.

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/1899431886793885/ (https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/1899431886793885/)

Very cool

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-24-2018, 11:56 AM

That is the cat’s pajamas

Zidan
03-24-2018, 12:14 PM

Truly fascinating stuff.

blackie$
03-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Wow. I like the use of a playing card to help with moving the print.

stroppygoblin
03-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Am I the only one who thought ‘Jeez man, go and wash your hands before handling that paper!!’ :panic:

Ivo
03-25-2018, 02:49 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Am I the only one who thought ‘Jeez man, go and wash your hands before handling that paper!!’ :panic:

Right. I was looking for a smudge on the margins.

wizardsrainbow
03-26-2018, 05:36 PM
what numbers are you seeing...Only trade I know of so far happened at $1100 for the S/L but I've told people it is going to $2000

Ari_Racing
03-28-2018, 08:15 AM

BOOM!

Yep! And, most of those other limited's were not only way more expensive- they were nowhere near as wonderful, either. Oh well, as Jerad says in the interview, that book gave him the seed money to get his great press off the ground.

King's version (during Lilja's interview) also mentioned Jerad contacted him with a new proposal (The Shining) right after Salem's Lot. King's complain were related that it'd never end.