PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Br!an
10-04-2019, 02:05 PM
"I love books... You don't have to. You could be judging me, and it's fine."

NiceM
10-04-2019, 10:32 PM
"Your order is on the way"

"Items in this shipment: Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin - Artist Gift Edition × 1"

Woot Woot

Munnecom
10-05-2019, 04:03 AM
Poor Rosemary, about to deliver a thousand babies...

NiceM
10-05-2019, 06:45 AM

She knows they will be taken good care of

MikeDuke
10-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Looking forward to getting one of those emails myself for the S\L. Any yes, While it must be a trying experience for her, knowing that they are going to loving
homes I sure is a comfort to Rosemary.

biomieg
10-06-2019, 03:24 AM
So, I received two shipping notifications. Turns out I ordered a copy of the Rosemary's Baby AEG way back when it was first announced. Apparently I forgot all about it and went ahead and ordered another copy this summer...

Since they're already on their way and I'm not planning to keep two copies, I guess I have one for sale... any European forum members interested?

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-06-2019, 04:48 AM
Twins!
Congratulations. But you'll have a devil of a time controlling them...

jeffingoff
10-06-2019, 05:06 AM
So, I received two shipping notifications. Turns out I ordered a copy of the Rosemary's Baby AEG way back when it was first announced. Apparently I forgot all about it and went ahead and ordered another copy this summer...

Since they're already on their way and I'm not planning to keep two copies, I guess I have one for sale... any European forum members interested?

With a reversible dust jacket, you could consider keeping them and displaying each DJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffingoff
10-06-2019, 08:13 AM

And not to be that guy, but the AGE of RB is the absolute lowest print run of Suntup AGEs at only 500. I was kinda hoping Mike would point that out.

Munnecom
10-06-2019, 08:26 AM
I swear, if your last name weren't so easy to spell...

:P

jeffingoff
10-06-2019, 08:28 AM
I swear, if your last name weren't so easy to spell...

:P

Hahahahaha my easy name has allowed me to coast through life.

MikeDuke
10-06-2019, 04:13 PM

And not to be that guy, but the AGE of RB is the absolute lowest print run of Suntup AGEs at only 500. I was kinda hoping Mike would point that out.
I wanted to keep a low profile a bit Jeff. Paul sort of likes things to be organic, if you know what I mean. But I will say there are 39 S\L of IAL and plenty of AGE ed
of that book. And 149 S\L of Brother left. I probably won't get a shipping notice until later because all I bought was the S\L of RB.

becca69
10-07-2019, 06:50 AM
We use a very technical approach when selecting just the right type and color of leather for our books.

https://i.postimg.cc/QMfFFk2w/Lexi-Suntup-Leather2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/d7TsXdtj)

jeffingoff
10-07-2019, 06:55 AM
We use a very technical approach when selecting just the right type and color of leather for our books.

https://i.postimg.cc/QMfFFk2w/Lexi-Suntup-Leather2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/d7TsXdtj)

I want that cat's job. Though I'm sure the cat is far more qualified.

Munnecom
10-07-2019, 08:51 AM
My order for the Horns paperweight is in. It looks stellar!

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-07-2019, 09:07 AM
As usual, my password was refused and I had to order as a guest, but my order did get through.

Brian861
10-07-2019, 09:27 AM

I want that cat's job. Though I'm sure the cat is far more qualified.

He looks none to happy to be disturbed while working also.

wizardsrainbow
10-07-2019, 05:09 PM
i ordered the Horns paperweight

The Library Policeman
10-07-2019, 05:15 PM
i ordered the Horns paperweight

Me too!

Johnny T
10-08-2019, 04:39 AM
I ordered too

Randall Flagg
10-08-2019, 08:18 AM
I was feeling horny, and Paul scratched my itch.

webstar1000
10-08-2019, 09:20 AM
HAS anyone read the newsletter today? WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!! There is some goodies on our way!

racerx45
10-08-2019, 09:28 AM
HAS anyone read the newsletter today? WOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!! There is some goodies on our way!

Yes and WOW

Joe315
10-08-2019, 09:29 AM

Just got it. I’m curious what the exclusive lettered will be and the three book set. I wondering if it is a trilogy or just 3 related books.

webstar1000
10-08-2019, 09:29 AM
AND A SUNTUP ROMAN IS COMING. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

BadHatHarry
10-08-2019, 09:44 AM
There goes my budget for the year.

jeffingoff
10-08-2019, 10:02 AM

YEAH I about died. And I hope the November book is what I think it is.

Munnecom
10-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Would that be Wayward Pines?

webstar1000
10-08-2019, 11:53 AM

Would die if so

jeffingoff
10-08-2019, 11:53 AM

That's my hope. I just finished PINES and loved it.

Brian861
10-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Anyone else in :panic: mode? I'm applying for an additional job as we speak.

jeffingoff
10-08-2019, 12:15 PM

Well, at least I'm off the hook for the December announcement. I seriously doubt any of those babies will be available for a public preorder (especially considering that's the ONLY state the book will appear).

Brian861
10-08-2019, 12:20 PM

Well, at least I'm off the hook for the December announcement. I seriously doubt any of those babies will be available for a public preorder (especially considering that's the ONLY state the book will appear).

Yeppers. Bit of a relief actually. I'm jonesin' for a Roman though.

Munnecom
10-08-2019, 12:22 PM
I wonder what is behind the decision to publish a lettered edition only.

FlyerPhan0826
10-08-2019, 12:22 PM

That's my hope. I just finished PINES and loved it.This would be incredible

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jeffingoff
10-08-2019, 12:25 PM

That's my hope. I just finished PINES and loved it.This would be incredible

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The first 25 to order would get a Suntup issued Ethan Burke ID

Brian861
10-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Not being a lettered owner; I think it's pretty cool actually. Throw a bone to your high-end supporters.

Randall Flagg
10-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Politics. It's always politics. Some believe it's left wing extremists, others belive it's the far right.
Personally I belive it's the Amish.

Joe315
10-08-2019, 02:06 PM

Politics. It's always politics. Some believe it's left wing extremists, others belive it's the far right.

The Amish mafia is a big problem, or so the discovery channel would have me believe.

becca69
10-08-2019, 02:08 PM

It's actually my cat.

https://i.postimg.cc/DzMdSTrL/IMG-9565.jpg (https://postimg.cc/XZ9yPtDY)

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-08-2019, 02:21 PM
I have just adopted a billionaire Amish cat, just in case.

firemonkey66
10-08-2019, 04:45 PM
I’ll just throw it out there, maybe it’s the Bill Hodges trilogy:)

Munnecom
10-08-2019, 08:04 PM
Yup, I thought that too.

In any case, it has to be something pretty damn special to warrant a Roman Numeral edition...

Fsmdr
10-08-2019, 09:37 PM

I'd better apply for a second mortgage on my house....

Johnny T
10-08-2019, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately it won't be the Hodges trilogy, it is not a trilogy but a three book set.

Raenas
10-09-2019, 02:36 AM
Long time lurker here, owner of number 5 since Haunting of Hill House. Wish I also had Misery, but oh well, by the time I learnt about it, it was way too late.

If the set ends up to be the Lord of the Rings for whatever reason, I will lose my mind. Small chance though, but I would definitely love to see a Suntup rendition once from this book, which was a big part of my childhood. Same goes for IT (2-piece I know)...

webstar1000
10-09-2019, 02:41 AM
This is a series.... little different than a trilogy I think...

stroppygoblin
10-09-2019, 03:55 AM

Not sure where you get 'Series' from. Paul announced "A 3 book set". Thats not necessarily the same as a series which would indicate a continuation of a single story or theme.

stroppygoblin
10-09-2019, 03:57 AM
As an example in King terms, The Green Mile is a series, The Bachman paperbacks are a 4 book set.

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 04:00 AM
As an example in King terms, The Green Mile is a series, The Bachman paperbacks are a 4 book set.

What if these are the Bachman books minus RAGE?!

stroppygoblin
10-09-2019, 04:02 AM
Yes! WHAT IF???!!! :evil:

Cry Havoc! and unleash the Jeff's of War!:panic:

SystemCrashOverRide
10-09-2019, 04:07 AM
I remember when he was teasing the road and I desperately wished that it was The Long Walk... if it's the Bachman books, and there's no AGE - I'm going to lose my mind.

webstar1000
10-09-2019, 04:25 AM

Not sure where you get 'Series' from. Paul announced "A 3 book set". Thats not necessarily the same as a series which would indicate a continuation of a single story or theme.

Ill stick with Series:)

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 04:37 AM
I remember when he was teasing the road and I desperately wished that it was The Long Walk... if it's the Bachman books, and there's no AGE - I'm going to lose my mind.

Yeah, THAT would be less than ideal. Being that I don’t have a numbered Misery.

WeDealInLead
10-09-2019, 04:46 AM
The Border trilogy

Anubis2347
10-09-2019, 05:37 AM
Just want to say that I had to reach out to Suntup with a question about a couple of my orders and the customer service is FANTASTIC!!!

I will def not hesitate to purchase from them in the future.

Munnecom
10-09-2019, 06:24 AM

Yeah, THAT would be less than ideal. Being that I don’t have a numbered Misery.

It’s already been announced that this will be numbered, lettered and Roman Numeral editions only, so no AGE - at least for now.

Caliban
10-09-2019, 06:51 AM
You are going to cost me a lot of money in the future Paul! Great job! Still awaiting my first publication, but already do i know i like it

Rosemary, numbered : Check
The Road, numbered : Check
Brother, numbered .. : Check
I am Legend, gift .... : Oh, i`m longing to check this one too as a numbered and probably will .. just have to justify it first and be convinced by the devil on my shoulder and it`s constantly nagging, dragging, pulling and sweet talking

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 07:20 AM
You are going to cost me a lot of money in the future Paul! Great job! Still awaiting my first publication, but already do i know i like it

Rosemary, numbered : Check
The Road, numbered : Check
Brother, numbered .. : Check
I am Legend, gift .... : Oh, i`m longing to check this one too as a numbered and probably will .. just have to justify it first and be convinced by the devil on my shoulder and it`s constantly nagging, dragging, pulling and sweet talking

I'm the devil on your shoulder-devil's shoulder. I'm telling him to tell you to do it. Buy it. Get it. Huff it. Keep it. Because what if you pass and that three book set is on the non-King track and it leaves, completely full, at the private pre-order station? What if it is forever out of reach? And when the EMP attack lands and all gadgets are wiped out and all anyone has for entertainment are books and Suntup Editions become treasured currency, THEN where will you be? I am the DEVIL and my name is FOMO.

This is the script that runs through my head. Obviously you should ignore it and do what's right for you. No matter what, the books you already have on pre-order are gems.

Caliban
10-09-2019, 07:41 AM
The legend. Jeffingoff (what kind of name is that anyway) :coo3l: .. just a reference from one of your videos .. and thanks for them .. videos

No matter what, the books you already have on pre-order are gems. .. which is why i though .. blablabla .. save it .. blabla .. I own the FS LE (lot of potential, but didn`t nail it if you ask me, which you didn`t ..) .. even whattever this (SP edition - numbered) is an upgrade .. aargh .. i will, must anyway act soon

The Gift edition looks smart on the sites, the fine publication of the numbered naturally more sophisticated and vellum is nice .. the choice of the colour used on the numbered would be interesting to know why was picked - just for the sake of curiosity

Oh .. i`ll cave in probably. Cave in and then die with no food someday in the dystopic future .. Hahnemühle Bugra Pastel Paper is probably eatable anyway!

Brian861
10-09-2019, 08:09 AM

And let's not forget the ol' standby; climate change.

Brian861
10-09-2019, 08:12 AM
I'm gonna guess Wayward Pines for the 3 book set, or series, or trilogy, or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days. Broke is my word of choice.

Ben Mears
10-09-2019, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=Joe315;1168598]. I’m curious what the exclusive lettered will be ...QUOTE]

"...the title is not at all what you are accustomed to seeing from us. We do expect it to raise some eyebrows, however it is one of the best-selling books of all time." Let the guessing begin!

Charlotte's Web

Dr. Dawg
10-09-2019, 08:32 AM
Whatever the three book set is, I'm probably going to want to purchase the full set up front. My wallet is hoping that these will be printed offset instead of letterpress...

Munnecom
10-09-2019, 08:38 AM
Whatever the three book set is, I'm probably going to want to purchase the full set up front. My wallet is hoping that these will be printed offset instead of letterpress...

Hear hear! That was my first thought, too.

amd013
10-09-2019, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=Joe315;1168598]. I’m curious what the exclusive lettered will be ...QUOTE]

"...the title is not at all what you are accustomed to seeing from us. We do expect it to raise some eyebrows, however it is one of the best-selling books of all time." Let the guessing begin!

Charlotte's Web

The Bible
The Oxford Dictionary (LOL only Paul could pull this off)

Or maybe, based on the Roman numerals, it is something like "The Aenid" by Vergil. Also thought of "The Illiad" or the "Odyssey" by Homer, but he was Greek not Roman.

Caliban
10-09-2019, 08:48 AM
A series of three? What`s the clues?

Tolkien maybe .. 1 Fellowship of the ring, 2 Two towers, 3 Return of the King ..

Raenas
10-09-2019, 08:59 AM

I would be surprised if it was not letterpress, given it will have the Roman numerals treatment. A truly luxurious book printed offset would look weird in my opinion.

St. Troy
10-09-2019, 09:04 AM
I hereby request that Paul hire in a special photographer to do an extensive shoot of whatever the Roman numeral edition is.

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 09:05 AM

I would be surprised if it was not letterpress, given it will have the Roman numerals treatment. A truly luxurious book printed offset would look weird in my opinion.

THOUGH, maybe the lettereds and roman numerals are the editions that do the letterpress lift and the numbered is a more affordable offset edition--considering there's also no AGE.

webstar1000
10-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Wait.... was I reading that wrong OR can you "pre buy the set of books". I thought it meant the various levels of quality....

Dr. Dawg
10-09-2019, 09:18 AM

I love the letterpress, and I was just showing off that very feature of Horns last weekend. It would just be pretty steep to purchase 3 new letterpress editions just 6 weeks after the most recent letterpress offering. I'm sure it will be amazing either way, though.

Dr. Dawg
10-09-2019, 09:20 AM

THOUGH, maybe the lettereds and roman numerals are the editions that do the letterpress lift and the numbered is a more affordable offset edition--considering there's also no AGE.

That would be an interesting approach. I like it!

Hunchback Jack
10-09-2019, 09:28 AM
I’m interested to know how the opportunity to buy the Roman Numeral editions will be granted. First into the store on preorder day? A lottery among current lettered holders? Random draw of quiz winners?

I’d love to know what Paul has in mind.

Munnecom
10-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Whenever Paul posts one of his updates, I imagine him sitting in a plush chair, holding a glass of whatever strong liquor he prefers, smoking a Cuban and slowly petting a cat or lizard or something, all while laughing maniacally at all of us as we work ourselves into a frenzy.

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 09:32 AM
I’m interested to know how the opportunity to buy the Roman Numeral editions will be granted. First into the store on preorder day? A lottery among current lettered holders? Random draw of quiz winners?

I was puzzling on that, too. Who gets the first shot at those?

Scoogs
10-09-2019, 09:35 AM
A series of three? What`s the clues?

Tolkien maybe .. 1 Fellowship of the ring, 2 Two towers, 3 Return of the King ..

Asimov: Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation.

I hope it isn't them though. Adding that expense right around the holidays would not be a great idea on my part.

becca69
10-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Whenever Paul posts one of his updates, I imagine him sitting in a plush chair, holding a glass of whatever strong liquor he prefers, smoking a Cuban and slowly petting a cat or lizard or something, all while laughing maniacally at all of us as we work ourselves into a frenzy.

Except he doesn't have time to care for a living creature. He just rubs the penguin (that sounds dirty).

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 10:03 AM

Except he doesn't have time to care for a living creature. He just rubs the penguin (that sounds dirty).

Now that you've basically written "Paul sits in a plush chair and reads these posts while rubbing his penguin" I will never worry about anything I post being over the line.

George at C-Springs
10-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Arthur C. Clarke, 2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010: Odyssey Two, 2061:Odyssey Three (ignore book four 3001).

Except he doesn't have time to care for a living creature. He just rubs the penguin (that sounds dirty). :lol::lol:

becca69
10-09-2019, 10:16 AM

Now that you've basically written "Paul sits in a plush chair and reads these posts while rubbing his penguin" I will never worry about anything I post being over the line.

:innocent:

Brian861
10-09-2019, 10:19 AM

Poor penguin.

Raenas
10-09-2019, 10:49 AM

I reckon the biggest expense in letterpress is the plates, not the printing. That's why we got a free upgrade for Haunting of Hill House, which originally was marketed as offset. Paul told us that since he already had the plates for the lettered edition, it made little sense not to also do the numbered edition as letterpress.

So I think one can reasonably expect that if the top tier edition is letterpress, the numbereds will also be.

zelig
10-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Just to clarify, it's a three book set, not a trilogy or a series.

Oh, i`m longing to check this one too as a numbered and probably will .. just have to justify it first and be convinced by the devil on my shoulder and it`s constantly nagging, dragging, pulling and sweet talking

I'm the devil on your shoulder-devil's shoulder. I'm telling him to tell you to do it. Buy it. Get it. Huff it. Keep it. Because what if you pass and that three book set is on the non-King track and it leaves, completely full, at the private pre-order station? What if it is forever out of reach? And when the EMP attack lands and all gadgets are wiped out and all anyone has for entertainment are books and Suntup Editions become treasured currency, THEN where will you be? I am the DEVIL and my name is FOMO.

For once I agree with Jeff. You should buy it. You won't be sorry.

Hear hear! That was my first thought, too.

The set of books (and all three editions) are printed letterpress, however you will be very pleased with the price points. Heck, it's basically a twofer!

I hereby request that Paul hire in a special photographer to do an extensive shoot of whatever the Roman numeral edition is.

That will be done for sure. There will be professional shots of the finished book once it's complete which is a little ways off.

Since the Roman Numeral edition is the first of it's kind offered, it will be opened up for sale to everyone. Lifetime subscribers or Lettered owners will not get early access to this because it's a brand new edition level. There is no connection between Lettered and RN. That's the fairest. So everyone has a crack at it if the funds and desire for it are there.

I've always wanted one of these...and I like where you're going with this, except the cigar part as I don't smoke. But everything else sounds great!

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/IMG_8927.jpg

Well, I do have a malachite penguin that is rather nice to the touch.

Caliban
10-09-2019, 12:46 PM
.. and order the lovely thing!

`For once I agree with Jeff. You should buy it. You won't be sorry`

: That is proper enablement!

I sent a post to your press Paul about the matter

(Saying i`m hoping to cancel the gift edition order and get a refund, so i can buy the numbered edition if that is no trouble, i`m in)

:clap:

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 12:48 PM
I LOVE THAT CHAIR!

It's basically a twofer--on a three book set. is this a riddle?

jeffingoff
10-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Also, it's not Wayward Pines since that is a trilogy.

MikeDuke
10-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Well, Paul has not let us down so I am expecting this three book set to be pretty cool. And I am looking for to seeing the Roman Numeral book. Noticed I said "seeing" because that's as close as
I will ever get to one.

willie3
10-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Looking forward to the Roman Numeral edition of The DaVinci Code
🤪

webstar1000
10-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Looking forward to the Roman Numeral edition of The DaVinci Code
[emoji2957]

I’d buy it

racerx45
10-09-2019, 02:38 PM

I'm hoping for ...

Captian Trips, On the Border, The Stand

Scoogs
10-09-2019, 03:20 PM

I'm hoping for ...

That would be great, but the only way to go a step beyond letterpress printing is if the Roman Numeral edition is instead illuminated and transcribed by hand like a pre-Gutenberg book.
Maybe it turns out Becca has a small army of monks locked in her basement working on them now.
(Not to be confused with an army of small monks. She keeps them in the attic, not the basement)

Brian861
10-09-2019, 07:00 PM
Well, Paul has not let us down so I am expecting this three book set to be pretty cool. And I am looking for to seeing the Roman Numeral book. Noticed I said "seeing" because that's as close as
I will ever get to one.

Go big or go home, Mike!

Scoogs
10-09-2019, 08:15 PM

1Q84

Haven't read it, but from what I know about it, it would be a fun design project for a limited. The first U.S. release was a single hardcover volume, but was split to 3 volumes for the paperback.

MikeDuke
10-09-2019, 08:22 PM
I will ever get to one.

Go big or go home, Mike!
I got you Brian. The numbered are it for me though. I wish I could go big, but I can't run with the big dogs on this one. It looks like I will be on the porch. The thing is, it's got a heck of a view. I still can't wait to see one though. I don't know what Paul can do above the lettered books he is already putting out. They are amazing.

becca69
10-10-2019, 07:10 AM

I'm hoping for ...

That would be great, but the only way to go a step beyond letterpress printing is if the Roman Numeral edition is instead illuminated and transcribed by hand like a pre-Gutenberg book.
Maybe it turns out Becca has a small army of monks locked in her basement working on them now.
(Not to be confused with an army of small monks. She keeps them in the attic, not the basement)

You figured it out…

Except the monks are actually trained calligraphy cats
https://i.postimg.cc/8k922G5X/94e0f85b214b56e7585134839228fa5d.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

St. Troy
10-10-2019, 07:11 AM

That will be done for sure. There will be professional shots of the finished book once it's complete which is a little ways off.

It is a great time to be alive.

Brian861
10-10-2019, 10:15 AM
I will ever get to one.

Go big or go home, Mike!
I got you Brian. The numbered are it for me though. I wish I could go big, but I can't run with the big dogs on this one. It looks like I will be on the porch. The thing is, it's got a heck of a view. I still can't wait to see one though. I don't know what Paul can do above the lettered books he is already putting out. They are amazing.

I hear ya, brother. I'm pulling up a chair next to ya.

MikeDuke
10-10-2019, 01:19 PM
I will ever get to one.

Go big or go home, Mike!

I hear ya, brother. I'm pulling up a chair next to ya.
No problem. I have plenty of space.

jeffingoff
10-11-2019, 07:46 AM
Great surprise FB video, Paul. Awesome contest, too! I’m even more excited for I AM LEGEND.

Hunchback Jack
10-11-2019, 08:06 AM
I just unboxed my RB gift edition, and good lord it’s a beautiful book. I won’t spoil the details for those still waiting for it, but the case, book and dustjacket are a visual and tactile feast.

HBJ

MikeDuke
10-11-2019, 11:58 AM
I just unboxed my RB gift edition, and good lord it’s a beautiful book. I won’t spoil the details for those still waiting for it, but the case, book and dustjacket are a visual and tactile feast.

HBJ
That's awesome. I am sure it is a magnificent book. That is a cool DJ. You have a good one there.

webstar1000
10-11-2019, 12:00 PM

HBJ
That's awesome. I am sure it is a magnificent book. That is a cool DJ. You have a good one there.

How many IAL left Mike?

jeffingoff
10-11-2019, 12:35 PM

HBJ

Pretty goddamned jealous! Congrats!

BTW: what is the limitation on the RB AGEs? I thought it was 500.

MikeDuke
10-11-2019, 01:00 PM

HBJ

How many IAL left Mike?

29 left Kris. 252 GE Still plenty left for people to get one. And after seeing that awesome video, how could you say no to that book. Good luck to winners of the ARC.
I am just anxious for RB.

MikeDuke
10-11-2019, 01:04 PM
Jeff, I think it was 500 for RB.

NiceM
10-12-2019, 02:19 AM

HBJ

I can add to the praise! Simply gorgeous!

NiceM
10-12-2019, 02:59 AM
Love the inside of the dust jacket Paul! Those are the special details that set you apart from other presses! Love it!

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-12-2019, 04:45 AM
Mine will remain shrinkwrapped until I read it. I have about 8 books to read before I get to ROSEMARY'S BABY. My unshrinkwrapping video will be available on YouTube for a low fee of $39.95 and will be approximately 3 hours and 29 minutes long, with a ten minute intermission. Please do not talk or use your cell phone while watching the video. Thank you.

MikeDuke
10-12-2019, 05:52 AM
28 IAL S\L left. Going quick now.

kingfan2323
10-12-2019, 07:42 AM
Mine will remain shrinkwrapped until I read it. I have about 8 books to read before I get to ROSEMARY'S BABY. My unshrinkwrapping video will be available on YouTube for a low fee of $39.95 and will be approximately 3 hours and 29 minutes long, with a ten minute intermission. Please do not talk or use your cell phone while watching the video. Thank you.Will it include really shitty camera angles that hardly show the book, bad audio, and please ramble on for an eternity before the book comes out? My favorite is when they keep holding the book up to show it in only ways that can damage the pages, dust jacket, binding. Love em!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF

Brian861
10-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Mine will remain shrinkwrapped until I read it. I have about 8 books to read before I get to ROSEMARY'S BABY. My unshrinkwrapping video will be available on YouTube for a low fee of $39.95 and will be approximately 3 hours and 29 minutes long, with a ten minute intermission. Please do not talk or use your cell phone while watching the video. Thank you.

Could you post that again, Steve? I was texting.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-12-2019, 09:46 AM
All of the above, including shaky, handheld camera and one quarter second cuts, with constant in and out telephoto shots.

lotuz
10-12-2019, 05:35 PM
All of the above, including shaky, handheld camera and one quarter second cuts, with constant in and out telephoto shots.

:sharepopcorn:

jeffingoff
10-14-2019, 06:06 AM
Question for RB AGE owners: without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it, are any of you going to try displaying the other side of the DJ? Or would that ruin the DJ by forcing a re-fold, essentially?

Hunchback Jack
10-14-2019, 06:33 AM
No, I’ll be displaying it as received.

NiceM
10-14-2019, 06:50 AM
Question for RB AGE owners: without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it, are any of you going to try displaying the other side of the DJ? Or would that ruin the DJ by forcing a re-fold, essentially?

I can try to make a spoiler button with the inside if you want

jeffingoff
10-14-2019, 07:05 AM

I can try to make a spoiler button with the inside if you want

Yeah, I'd love to see it if you're displaying it that way!

zelig
10-14-2019, 08:36 AM
There are some extra jackets available for purchase. If you're concerned about a spoiler, don't click the link:

ROSEMARY'S BABY ARTIST GIFT EDITION DUST JACKET (https://shop.suntup.press/products/rosemarys-baby-artist-gift-edition-dust-jacket)

NiceM
10-14-2019, 08:49 AM
There are some extra jackets available for purchase. If you're concerned about a spoiler, don't click the link:

ROSEMARY'S BABY ARTIST GIFT EDITION DUST JACKET (https://shop.suntup.press/products/rosemarys-baby-artist-gift-edition-dust-jacket)

LOL, here I was trying to upload a far from ideal picture:emot-roflolmao:
This is so much better:) Enjoy Jeff. Tnx Paul

zelig
10-14-2019, 08:50 AM
Since we're at it. There's one for Misery:

MISERY ARTIST GIFT EDITION DUST JACKET (https://shop.suntup.press/products/misery-artist-gift-edition-dust-jacket)

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-14-2019, 10:10 AM
Whoa! Before I even knew what my fingers were doing they ordered a ROSEMARY'S BABY dust jacket! What the heck!
I would have ordered a MISERY one too if I could have saved postage but I moved too fast...

zelig
10-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Whoa! Before I even knew what my fingers were doing they ordered a ROSEMARY'S BABY dust jacket! What the heck!
I would have ordered a MISERY one too if I could have saved postage but I moved too fast...

If you order both separately I will put them in the same tube and refund one of the shipping costs.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-14-2019, 10:19 AM

If you order both separately I will put them in the same tube and refund one of the shipping costs.

DONE!

zelig
10-14-2019, 10:26 AM

DONE!

Refunded.

Brian861
10-14-2019, 10:41 AM

I purchased two copies so I could display both.

Munnecom
10-14-2019, 12:08 PM

I had to look up what it means, but that is very cool!

BadHatHarry
10-15-2019, 04:17 AM
Copies of Rosemary's Baby are still being shipped, right? I know it's a long process, just haven't gotten my email notification and want to make sure that UPS didn't screw something up (again).

zelig
10-15-2019, 04:51 AM
Copies of Rosemary's Baby are still being shipped, right? I know it's a long process, just haven't gotten my email notification and want to make sure that UPS didn't screw something up (again).

If you ordered it with a Numbered edition, it will ship together when those ship toward the end of the month. If you only ordered a Gift edition then please submit the contact form on suntup.press with your order number and we will look into it because all AGE only orders have been shipped. Thanks!

BadHatHarry
10-15-2019, 07:01 AM

If you ordered it with a Numbered edition, it will ship together when those ship toward the end of the month. If you only ordered a Gift edition then please submit the contact form on suntup.press with your order number and we will look into it because all AGE only orders have been shipped. Thanks!

I've got both. Thanks! UPS has had a few mishaps in my neighborhood lately, so just wanted to be sure.

webstar1000
10-15-2019, 07:07 AM

I had to look up what it means, but that is very cool!

Yep that’s bad ass. Nice move Paul!!

MikeDuke
10-15-2019, 07:08 AM
So Paul, if I only ordered a numbed one, that will ship closer to the end of the month also?

zelig
10-15-2019, 07:19 AM
So Paul, if I only ordered a numbed one, that will ship closer to the end of the month also?

Yep that’s correct Mike.

MikeDuke
10-15-2019, 07:32 AM

Yep that’s correct Mike.
Thanks Paul. I am really excited to get this. I am hoping for The Road in Nov :).

zelig
10-15-2019, 07:45 AM
The Road will ship immediately after Rosemary’s Baby. The Horns Art Portfolio will also ship around then. Most likely after The Road.

MikeDuke
10-15-2019, 08:54 AM
The Road will ship immediately after Rosemary’s Baby. The Horns Art Portfolio will also ship around then. Most likely after The Road.
Very nice. Thanks for the clear update Paul.

Munnecom
10-15-2019, 10:02 AM
Will you fit the new paperweight in there too, or has that been delayed?

In any case, back-to-back-to-back Suntup packages, yay!

NiceM
10-15-2019, 10:06 AM

:onfire:

NiceM
10-15-2019, 10:09 AM

Are yours always kept by the bloody dutch customs as well?

zelig
10-15-2019, 10:20 AM

No it's not delayed. This one is still very early on in production because I just finalized the quantity this morning, which is 100 paperweights. Turnaround time on these is usually about 3 weeks. So these will likely follow the Portfolio. It's going to be a heavy shipping month. I didn't even mention Brother. That's going to follow right on the heels of all this.

zelig
10-15-2019, 10:23 AM
Talking about Brother, I received an early bound copy yesterday and it looks fantastic. If you haven't ordered yet, you can grab one here (https://shop.suntup.press/products/brother-by-ania-ahlborn-limited-edition).

NiceM
10-15-2019, 10:24 AM
No it's not delayed. This one is still very early on in production because I just finalized the quantity this morning, which is 100 paperweights. Turnaround time on these is usually about 3 weeks. So these will likely follow the Portfolio. It's going to be a heavy shipping month. I didn't even mention Brother. That's going to follow right on the heels of all this.

And IAL back-to-back with Brother yes?:pirate::smile:

zelig
10-15-2019, 10:26 AM

Yes, pretty much. IAL is already at the bookbinder.

Brian861
10-15-2019, 10:26 AM

Hi, Paul. I thought the number of paperweights were going to be the same as the number of books.

NiceM
10-15-2019, 10:28 AM

:panic:

My hat off to you sir

MikeDuke
10-15-2019, 10:38 AM
Man Paul, you are really rolling now. Great to hear all the stuff is coming up so quickly.

MikeDuke
10-15-2019, 10:49 AM
If what I see is true. There are only two paper weights left. I have to draw the line somewhere and the paper weight is it. Just can't do it.

amd013
10-15-2019, 10:50 AM

Hi, Paul. I thought the number of paperweights were going to be the same as the number of books.

I think that was the cap, the final amount was based strictly on orders.

jeffingoff
10-15-2019, 10:52 AM
This is all fantastic. With a November announcement to boot.

Brian861
10-15-2019, 10:52 AM

I think that was the cap, the final amount was based strictly on orders.

Gotcha.

MikeDuke
10-15-2019, 10:55 AM
This is all fantastic. With a November announcement to boot.
Yea Jeff. Like I said, we are flying now.

zelig
10-15-2019, 10:56 AM
Yes, what amd013 said. The run is based on pre-orders. And there are 2 left. All paperweights will be engraved with your Horns number and/or letter.

Brian861
10-15-2019, 11:00 AM
Yes, what amd013 said. The run is based on pre-orders. And there are 2 left. All paperweights will be engraved with your Horns number and/or letter.

1 now :). Good thing I checked in today. I thought I had more time, but per usual, I probably didn't read all the details.

MikeDuke
10-15-2019, 11:12 AM
Paper weight is now sold out.

Munnecom
10-15-2019, 11:14 AM

So, back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back deliveries?

Munnecom
10-15-2019, 11:23 AM

Are yours always kept by the bloody dutch customs as well?

Oh yes. Whenever the guy at my local post office sees me come in, he heads to the back room and gets my box for me. I don't even have to ask anymore...

Hunchback Jack
10-16-2019, 07:50 AM
So that’s RB, Horns Portfolio, Horns Paperweight, The Road, and Brother all in the space of 3-4 months??? That’s incredible.

(Jeff, you’re gonna need a bigger shelf)

HBJ

MikeDuke
10-16-2019, 08:11 AM
So that’s RB, Horns Portfolio, Horns Paperweight, The Road, and Brother all in the space of 3-4 months??? That’s incredible.

HBJ
Looking forward to the next few months for sure.

webstar1000
10-16-2019, 08:13 AM

HBJ

Two questions Mike:

1) How many IAL left?
2) What most are you excited for my man?

MikeDuke
10-16-2019, 08:27 AM

HBJ

Two questions Mike:

1) How many IAL left?
2) What most are you excited for my man?

Hey Kris
1) Still sitting on 28
2) TBH, I am most excited about that three book set that you can buy all at once.
I would say more but I would seem like a whiner (not even about Misery) so I am keeping my mouth shut about other things.

swintek
10-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Is Suntup still in the process of shipping RB? Should I be worried yet about not getting a shipping notice for either edition I ordered? Seeing it out in the wild (The Gift edition, at least) is making me antsy...

MikeDuke
10-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Is Suntup still in the process of shipping RB? Should I be worried yet about not getting a shipping notice for either edition I ordered? Seeing it out in the wild (The Gift edition, at least) is making me antsy...
As far as I know, the GE are being sent out or all sent out. The numbered ed is going out at the end of the month. So if you ordered both the GE and numbered, it will probably ship out later when your number ships. At least, I think that's how it works. I am waiting for my numbered so I know they are not done shipping.

Joe315
10-16-2019, 12:28 PM

It was said upthread that if you ordered more then one edition they will ship together. Numbered a should be going out soon so if you ordered both a gift and numbered they ship when the numbered is ready to go.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-16-2019, 12:35 PM

The grammar POLICE broke down my door and spray painted THE PAPER WEIGHTS ARE NOW SOLD OUT all over my Stephen King books, so thanks a lot!

MikeDuke
10-16-2019, 12:40 PM

The grammar POLICE broke down my door and spray painted THE PAPER WEIGHTS ARE NOW SOLD OUT all over my Stephen King books, so thanks a lot!
Sorry :cry:. Didn't mean to cause you so much trouble.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Please don't cry, I'm just trying to be funny, as usual. Look on the bright side of life! Believe it or not, I either got kicked off of, or quit other sites because I corrected other people's spelling or grammar, even though I don't not do it all keerectly myself alla the time! But I...just...can't...help...myself!!!! I must now take my medicine, gotta' go!

MikeDuke
10-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Please don't cry, I'm just trying to be funny, as usual. Look on the bright side of life! Believe it or not, I either got kicked off of, or quit other sites because I corrected other people's spelling or grammar, even though I don't not do it all keerectly myself alla the time! But I...just...can't...help...myself!!!! I must now take my medicine, gotta' go!
Steve, I knew your were joking. That's why I put that emoji there. I make all kinds of mistakes. So no worries on my end. Trust me.
Ah I get the joke now, with your mistakes. I told you, I am slow on the uptake sometimes.

zelig
10-16-2019, 02:17 PM

Ron I looked into this and I do see you ordered the AGE independently of the Numbered. So it should have gone out separately. I’m going to ship your AGE order today. Apologies for the mix up.

swintek
10-16-2019, 02:42 PM

Ron I looked into this and I do see you ordered the AGE independently of the Numbered. So it should have gone out separately. I’m going to ship your AGE order today. Apologies for the mix up.

Cool- thanks, Paul! Just got my notice- all is right in the world.

jeffingoff
10-16-2019, 04:27 PM

HBJ

I got space reserved. That’s why my Suntup shelf looks like this:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191017/0605e28da45b91789b5991e2f9026b86.jpg

Brian861
10-16-2019, 04:34 PM
Best get that red velvet rope up and bodyguarded.

MikeDuke
10-16-2019, 05:51 PM

Cool- thanks, Paul! Just got my notice- all is right in the world.
Sorry for giving you wrong or mixed up info, But I am glad that all is right in the world for you.

MikeDuke
10-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Nice looking shelf Jeff. What looks like a Brother proof looks really good also. I take one of mine once I get a few more books.

swintek
10-16-2019, 07:02 PM
No worries, Mikeduke! And, Jeff- nice books, sure, but- killer Mignola Batman statue!

jeffingoff
10-16-2019, 07:25 PM
No worries, Mikeduke! And, Jeff- nice books, sure, but- killer Mignola Batman statue!

Ah! Glad you like it. I was a sucker for those Black And White Batman statues and I have a few of my favorites: the Bisley, Kelley, and Frank Miller statues. But nothing compares to the Mignola. I had to put him up there as the Suntup guardian. I have the Bisley protecting my Lansdales.

swintek
10-16-2019, 07:39 PM

Ah! Glad you like it. I was a sucker for those Black And White Batman statues and I have a few of my favorites: the Bisley, Kelley, and Frank Miller statues. But nothing compares to the Mignola. I had to put him up there as the Suntup guardian. I have the Bisley protecting my Lansdales.

Nice! I've got a few myself. The Kelley Jones Vampire is a fave. Sorry- back OT!

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-19-2019, 05:49 AM
Was the GE of HORNS sent shrink-wrapped and with or without a broad-art cover?

jeffingoff
10-19-2019, 05:58 AM

Shrink wrapped and without.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-19-2019, 06:21 AM

Shrink wrapped and without.

Thanks!

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-19-2019, 09:33 AM
I received my dust jackets today. ROSEMARY'S BABY has a folded flap. Just curious, were they all folded for some reason?

zelig
10-19-2019, 09:56 AM
I received my dust jackets today. ROSEMARY'S BABY has a folded flap. Just curious, were they all folded for some reason?

Yep. I figured this would raise a question so I put that information on the product page. But yes, this is how they came from the binder. They must have been flat from the printer, then the binder folded the flap.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-19-2019, 10:28 AM
Oh, sorry. As you can guess, I did not read the product page! No problem! I still love it to death! And beyond!!!

Munnecom
10-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Fifteen days to go...

I've given up trying to guess what this not-a-trilogy will be, but I'll be damn sure to keep my phone close around six PM local time.

MikeDuke
10-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Can't wait to see what the set of books are and I am very excited to get that shipping notice for RB.

Roseannebarr
10-22-2019, 10:17 AM
I remember reading Suffer the Chilrden when I was young and loved it!! That was on my list for Paul, but CD is now doing a lot of John Saul books. I read a lot of his books, but that was my first and favorite.

jeffingoff
10-24-2019, 06:44 AM
Before the announcements are made both public and private, Id like to predict the 3 book set right here and now (miss you, Wolf!):
Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis

The theme is either: Psychotic Narrator or What Jeff Wants

webstar1000
10-24-2019, 06:46 AM
Before the announcements are made both public and private, Id like to predict the 3 book set right here and now (miss you, Wolf!):

Private is the 1st?

jeffingoff
10-24-2019, 06:48 AM

Private is the 1st?

Yeah, sorry i had them flipped. Just meant the announcements to people who own the Numbered or Lettered IAL first and then everyone else.

Caliban
10-27-2019, 11:46 AM
I`m checking my mailbox everyday now, with that tingling feeling from inside my stomach. It feels like i am soon to recieve a delivered baby. .. has the numbered been sent? .. you see, the water just broke, and i`m a man .. !

.. and a general question probably a good to know for more than me, i know the answer as it contains a logic, but it`s good to verify : .. "If, .. only If .. i should buy a book using the instalment plan - i would not recieve the book before the instalment plan were completed" : True or false?

Br!an
10-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Yeah, you kind of have to pay for it first.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-27-2019, 12:32 PM
I have actually received a couple of books from dealers before I fully paid for them. They trusted me because of former transactions, at least one of them from this site.

Br!an
10-27-2019, 12:35 PM
I have actually received a couple of books from dealers before I fully paid for them. They trusted me because of former transactions, at least one of them from this site.

David is the exception that proves the rule.

Hunchback Jack
10-27-2019, 06:59 PM
Certainly Camelot won’t ship anything before it’s fully paid off. Seems fair to me.

Brian861
10-27-2019, 09:22 PM
Certainly Camelot won’t ship anything before it’s fully paid off. Seems fair to me.

I prefer it that way.

MikeDuke
10-28-2019, 07:54 AM
I don't know if this was there all along and I just missed it, or it's something new but under the "news" tab there is something called "Status Updates". When you click on it you can
see how far along a book is and if it has a date that's the estimated shipping date for the book. Pretty cool.
Here is the page directly
https://suntup.press/status-updates/

Brian861
10-28-2019, 08:07 AM
I don't know if this was there all along and I just missed it, or it's something new but under the "news" tab there is something called "Status Updates". When you click on it you can
see how far along a book is and if it has a date that's the estimated shipping date for the book. Pretty cool.

Never noticed that either, Mike. Thanks for sharing.

Paul, question about the Roman Numerical editions just to clarify. Those won't be offered during a private pre-sale but to everyone at the same time?

Garrell
10-28-2019, 08:45 AM

Really cool addition

MikeDuke
10-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Brain,
from the way I read it there won't be a pre-sale. Everyone will have a chance when it's released. Again, that's the way I read it.

webstar1000
10-28-2019, 09:03 AM
I cannot wait to see it.

MikeDuke
10-28-2019, 09:13 AM
I agree Kris. I mean, if it's above the lettered books it has to be something to behold. And good luck to every one who is planning on getting one.

zelig
10-28-2019, 09:30 AM

Paul, question about the Roman Numerical editions just to clarify. Those won't be offered during a private pre-sale but to everyone at the same time?

Correct, there won't be a private pre-sale for the Roman edition.

The new Status Updates page is something I put together over the weekend, which came out of the Survey responses. There were a good number of people asking for that, so there you go. I'll discuss this and other Survey responses on the FB live on 11/8.

MikeDuke
10-28-2019, 09:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing a replay of the 11/8 FB live announcement since I won't be able to see it live.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-28-2019, 10:21 AM
Whatever it is, I can't afford it, but wish I could!

Munnecom
10-28-2019, 10:52 AM
11/5/20 for the Horns portfolio? That’s not right, is it?

zelig
10-28-2019, 10:59 AM

It's just an estimate, but yes it's correct. We're ahead of schedule on that one.

EDIT: That was supposed to be 2019, not 2020. I fixed it. My bad.

webstar1000
10-28-2019, 11:01 AM

It's just an estimate, but yes it's correct. We're ahead of schedule on that one.

wow... good show brother. You def have a busy few weeks coming up for shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caliban
10-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Thank you Mike and Paul for the page on status updates, that answers my question

Rosemary`s Baby and The Road are certainly going back to back !

Spoiler: Can`t wait to see the Bronte sisters set being confirmed on monday the 4`th !

I love the mystery Paul & co, we all do. Never stop !

MikeDuke
10-28-2019, 11:12 AM
I know these are estimates, and seeing The Road is ready to ship and Brother pretty close is exciting. But I don't understand how the numbered RB has a date of 11/7/19, which is next Thurs when the status still show that the binding and cases need to be done for the numbered. Again, I know these are estimates but that would be impressive.

zelig
10-28-2019, 11:28 AM
I know these are estimates, and seeing The Road is ready to ship and Brother pretty close is exciting. But I don't understand how the numbered RB has a date of 11/7/19, which is next Thurs when the status still show that the binding and cases need to be done for the numbered. Again, I know these are estimates but that would be impressive.

That stage of production is not complete as we sit here today, but they are almost complete. They will be changed to green when complete, which I have been told will be 10/31. 2-3 days to ship to me. 2-3 days to turn around and ship orders. That's how I get to the 11/7 estimate. So it's either green or red. There's no 'progress bar' for each stage of production. If there were, only the last letter of "bookbinding" might be red, but it's not practical for me to maintain the page at that level. I feel it's either complete or not complete, and that is sufficient in terms of status. And if I have a date, I will add the date, despite the fact that 'bookbinding's is in red. If there's a date, that means bookbinding, or any non-shipping stage is at the tail end of production. Hope that all makes sense.

MikeDuke
10-28-2019, 11:47 AM
Got you Paul. I figured that it would turn Green when it is ready. If I said progress bar, I guess I used it in the wrong way. You know me Paul. It takes me a while to figure stuff out. Any way, it's a cool way of keeping
track of where things stand. I really like it.

Patrick
10-28-2019, 06:28 PM
Excited for announcement day!

Brian861
10-28-2019, 09:25 PM
Brain,
from the way I read it there won't be a pre-sale. Everyone will have a chance when it's released. Again, that's the way I read it.

Correct, there won't be a private pre-sale for the Roman edition.

The new Status Updates page is something I put together over the weekend, which came out of the Survey responses. There were a good number of people asking for that, so there you go. I'll discuss this and other Survey responses on the FB live on 11/8.

Thanks, guys. And Mike, you always make me feel so smart :)

Caliban
10-29-2019, 12:11 PM
From the status page of Rosemarys Baby : `We have also spent extra time refining the Numbered edition by implementing several upgrades to the binding design`

Maybe you could tell us a littlebit about that refining process / decisions while we wait Paul. Just for the sake of curiosity, and to keep this thread going .. when and if you find the time in your busy schedule

Sidenote : The Road also went through a state of upgrade to a quarter leather binding. That is a naturally a very noticable change, are the refining concerning Rosemarys Baby something .. well .. noticable, and to which degree?

Munnecom
10-29-2019, 12:15 PM
May I request spoiler tags, if Paul decides to answer?

MikeDuke
10-29-2019, 12:26 PM
I can't imagine what could be done to make it "better" I mean the spine, binding and end papers are great as is. But Paul always finds a way.

Caliban
10-29-2019, 01:00 PM
Paul always finds a way .. and spoiler tags, well .. maybe .. but, curiosity kills the cat and all that ..

Suntup doesn`t overdo the books (so far at least) .. keep it simple (let the quality speak for itself - as the editions so far very much seem to do), less is more etc .. darn i`m excited, think about it everyday now ..

zelig
10-29-2019, 01:20 PM
From the status page of Rosemarys Baby : `We have also spent extra time refining the Numbered edition by implementing several upgrades to the binding design`

Maybe you could tell us a littlebit about that refining process / decisions while we wait Paul. Just for the sake of curiosity, and to keep this thread going .. when and if you find the time in your busy schedule

Sidenote : The Road also went through a state of upgrade to a quarter leather binding. That is a naturally a very noticable change, are the refining concerning Rosemarys Baby something .. well .. noticable, and to which degree?

Sure, I can do that. I'll put my response in spoilers for those who would rather see the book first.

I decided to edge gild the top edge in silver. I experimented with black, but I didn't like how it turned out. Silver looked best. So top edge gilding is one upgrade.

We experimented with several types of foil stamping on the cover for the cross, and nothing was acceptable for me. We couldn't get the foil to strike that note I was looking for. I tried glossy silver, matte silver, clear, blind, matte black, etc. Eventually I ended up using a similar method to the gold cross on Horns. We created a debossing die, and debossed the cover with the shape of the cross. Then we laser cut the crosses out of a silver metallic paper, and inset the cross into the debossed area. The result was exactly what I was looking for, and so much better than the foil stamping.

I took the cross design a little further, and instead of cutting the paper where it reached the top edge of the board, we continued it by wrapping it over the top edge, and then under the pastedown on the back. It's a unique effect.

The final upgrade was to the slipcase. We ended up covering the opening of the slipcase with silver paper. Not much more to say about that. It's best to see it to get a feel for what that looks like. Basically, the mouth of the slipcase is lined with the silver paper, so when the book is seated inside, and you look at it straight on, the silver frames the spine of the book.

Hunchback Jack
10-29-2019, 01:47 PM
The final upgrade was to the slipcase. We ended up covering the opening of the slipcase with silver paper. Not much more to say about that. It's best to see it to get a feel for what that looks like. Basically, the mouth of the slipcase is lined with the silver paper, so when the book is seated inside, and you look at it straight on, the silver frames the spine of the book.

That sounds really neat ...
... I liked how the Horns S/L had that effect with the gold around the book when you looked at it edge-on in the slipcase. Doing that here sounds like a great choice.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/IMG_39031.JPG

HBJ

MikeDuke
10-29-2019, 03:49 PM
I think I am going to resist. I waited this long, might as well ride it out.

zelig
10-30-2019, 11:24 AM
I was honored to have been able to meet up with the WORLD FAMOUS ARIEL BOSI at the Doctor Sleep premier last night! Thanks Ari, it was a really fun time.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ps_ari.jpg

webstar1000
10-30-2019, 11:25 AM
I was honored to have been able to meet up with the WORLD FAMOUS ARIEL BOSI at the Doctor Sleep premier last night! Thanks Ari, it was a really fun time.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ps_ari.jpg

My man with a drink in hand. Looking good boys:)

jeffingoff
10-30-2019, 11:26 AM
Wonderful! LOVE the tie!

webstar1000
10-30-2019, 11:26 AM
JUST noticed Ari's tie!! LOL MINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zelig
10-30-2019, 11:27 AM
And one with director Mike Flanagan.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/IMG_9120.jpg

And finally my best Jack Nicholson impression. I know, really bad.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/IMG_9121.jpg

jeffingoff
10-30-2019, 11:31 AM
So now we can expect a Mike Flanagan collaboration? I hope it wasn't just all fun for you! It's too late to get Mike to sign/intro Haunting of Hill House. BUT WE CAN GET HIM ON THE SUNTUP EDITION OF GERALD'S GAME!! I'm hyperventilating here.

jeffingoff
10-30-2019, 11:41 AM
In the photo with Ari, you look like you're auditioning for the role of Roland Deschain. Or some other steely eyed man in a black (and tan) suit. With Mike, I see you graduated to two drinks at a time! Looks like a fantastic evening. I'd have lost my mind had I been there. Was King in attendance?

zelig
10-30-2019, 11:55 AM
In the photo with Ari, you look like you're auditioning for the role of Roland Deschain. Or some other steely eyed man in a black (and tan) suit. With Mike, I see you graduated to two drinks at a time! Looks like a fantastic evening. I'd have lost my mind had I been there. Was King in attendance?

That 2nd drink wasn't mine. I was holding it for the person taking the shot... And nope, Mr. King was not in attendance.

jeffingoff
10-30-2019, 11:57 AM

That 2nd drink wasn't mine. I was holding it for the person taking the shot... And nope, Mr. King was not in attendance.

Ah, well I love the photos! Thank you so much for giving us a peek.

Brian861
10-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Very cool, guys!

Br!an
10-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Very nice gentlemen.

I am not seeing the pictures in Firefox. Here are the image links to follow if you can't see the pictures...

http://suntup.press/ari.jpg (http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ps_ari.jpg)
http://suntup.press/mike_flanagan.jpg (http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/IMG_9120.jpg)
http://suntup.press/nickolson (http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/IMG_9121.jpg)

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-30-2019, 03:10 PM
A future movie star!

herbertwest
10-31-2019, 02:02 AM
So, when will Mike Flanagan write an introduction for Suntup? ;)

Caliban
10-31-2019, 02:30 AM
Thanks Paul, for the update on Rosemary`s Baby, and probaly for keeping it spoiler free. As i have not yet held a Suntup edition in my hands, i have no references yet. So for me it`s mystical either way.

.. a haunting at Hill House reprint of the book with said Mike Flanagan would be nice, as i lost out on that edition. That is a joke of course, a bad one, but still a joke.

.. i`m reading Dr. Sleep these days. The Cemetery Dance edition. So you all know !

Lastly i would also thank Suntup for producing Horror genre books (which Paul finds in value of the treatment), in fine editions. That is a market that has been lacking ! Though i personally would like a collectible piece of said King (as i missed out on Misery) and do hope for one more chance in the future, there are also so many other treasures out there that also needs to be unlocked.

Note: I thought that Mr.King didn`t like the limited edition business, as it was only for people to show off on the shelves, but not to read. But, times change and that is now a good while ago, and the market change and everything. That said, it`s not entirely wrong either. Though i am going to read mine !

Munnecom
10-31-2019, 02:44 AM
Lastly i would also thank Suntup for producing Horror genre books (which Paul finds in value of the treatment), in fine editions. That is a market that has been lacking !

I disagree. There are myriad small presses that are publishing horror. Granted, most of the books are not on par with Suntup’s level of quality, but it would be almost impossible to keep up with everything.

In other news, I had a dream last night that I got an email from Paul announcing a sale with 50% off everything, including the new set that will be announced next week (sadly, the gods did not show me what it was).

When I woke up, I had an email from Paul...

... with a shipping notice for the Horns portfolio. :P

Caliban
10-31-2019, 04:47 AM
`There are myriad small presses that are publishing horror` : Sure `.. most of the books are not on par with Suntup’s level of quality`: That`s what i mean

You probably have to look at say the likes of Arion Press (or not, but if only as an example this one time) to somewhat compare, as both deal in the league of say letterpress if that`s the thing to compare with. Arion f.ex have the occasional or very seldom horror title, like say `The Sundial` or `Frankenstein`if they even go under the term horror these days of blood and gore, but they are not a horror publisher per se

But you are correct, it`s all a matter of taste, and the definition of fine is in the eyes of the beholder. I have my favourite `gotot` publishers for standard or deluxe editions or whatever the term is, apples or oranges a guess. But for me i have to praise Suntup as it seem to be filling a void that I feel are missing.

Brian861
10-31-2019, 09:14 AM
Received my shipping notice for the portfolio as well!

MikeDuke
10-31-2019, 09:23 AM
Yep. Me too. Very excited.
EDIT: Tracking says next Wed for me. I hope that's right.

MikeDuke
11-01-2019, 07:10 AM
Awesome email update on Brother. It looks really good. Looks like the pics are of the numbered ed and it does look awesome. Very excited for this one.

jeffingoff
11-01-2019, 07:20 AM
Awesome email update on Brother. It looks really good. Looks like the pics are of the numbered ed and it does look awesome. Very excited for this one.

Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies. Like the snakeskin pattern on Horns. I'll say that I've always been excited for this release. But after getting the ARC and seeing photos of the actual edition, I think this is going to be my favorite Suntup Edition. At least in the top three. At least until I see The Road. Or hold Rosemary's Baby. Or unbox I Am Legend.

zelig
11-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies.

I agree. You should purchase several.

MikeDuke
11-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Well, there are still 142 left for people who want seconds.

webstar1000
11-01-2019, 07:31 AM

How many IAL Mike?

MikeDuke
11-01-2019, 08:06 AM

How many IAL Mike?
Still sitting on 27. It's been at that number for a while now. I know that Paul is not in a rush though.

Brian861
11-01-2019, 09:24 AM

Not a fan of the story but I do like the looks of it.

webstar1000
11-01-2019, 09:27 AM

Really? You didn’t like that book????

Brian861
11-01-2019, 09:35 AM

No. So much so that I attempted to cancel my order.

webstar1000
11-01-2019, 09:39 AM

Your the first (and only I think) person I have heard say that. I thought it was brillant. Sorry to hear that man.

NiceM
11-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Any chance of a sneak preview of the lettered Paul ?

Munnecom
11-01-2019, 09:47 AM

Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies.

I agree. You should purchase several.

Salesman of the Year material, folks :emot-roflolmao:

Brian861
11-01-2019, 09:51 AM

Your the first (and only I think) person I have heard say that. I thought it was brillant. Sorry to hear that man.

'Tis ok. I don't care for some of King's or Hill's stuff either.