PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

zelig
09-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Are these things in the Artist Gift Edition as well? I’m seriously considering breaking my promise to myself to read King chronologically and jump ahead to Misery. Reading it with these Easter eggs seems like such a unique experience.

Yes, all editions.

Thanks guys. It was not the unboxing Paul deserved. Once the unboxing begins, it's best to watch with the sound muted.

Loved the video Hef, I mean Jeff. You're a riot. Thanks for making it.

...I also can't wait for the next announcement.

What is the time frame for the next announcement?

Soon.

o45deuce
09-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Are these things in the Artist Gift Edition as well? I’m seriously considering breaking my promise to myself to read King chronologically and jump ahead to Misery. Reading it with these Easter eggs seems like such a unique experience.

Yes, all editions.

Thanks guys. It was not the unboxing Paul deserved. Once the unboxing begins, it's best to watch with the sound muted.

Loved the video Hef, I mean Jeff. You're a riot. Thanks for making it.

Soon.

Hi Paul, any idea when the next batch of remarqued Miserys are shipping?

zelig
09-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Yes, Dave is done with the 2nd batch and they will be delivered tomorrow. Depending on what time they arrive I will turn them around either the same day or the next day.

o45deuce
09-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Great, thanks for the quick response

lotuz
09-06-2018, 03:41 PM
CD's and TDT's very own, Jeffingoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEcXLUVM0Do

this is glorious

:rose::rose::rose:

Also, do you have an Ikea Kallax or whatever bookshelf with a gray curtain added on and books including, but not limited to, the CD Gone Girl release on it?

ALSO DID YOU FILM THIS IN A SLIGHTLY REARRANGED VERSION OF MY HOUSE?? :ninja::ninja::ninja:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7333.jpg

how did i not notice this immediately

jeffingoff
09-06-2018, 03:59 PM

this is glorious

:rose::rose::rose:

Also, do you have an Ikea Kallax or whatever bookshelf with a gray curtain added on and books including, but not limited to, the CD Gone Girl release on it?

ALSO DID YOU FILM THIS IN A SLIGHTLY REARRANGED VERSION OF MY HOUSE?? :ninja::ninja::ninja:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_7333.jpg

how did i not notice this immediately

YES. IKEA + GRAY DRAPES. THAT'S CRAZY! I also have OUT OF THE DARK on that bookshelf though you can't see it in the vid. WOW. I'd be happy to trade collections!

zelig
09-07-2018, 04:39 PM
2nd batch of remarqued copies are in. These will ship Monday as I don’t want them laying around over the weekend.

Ben Staad
09-08-2018, 11:05 AM
I would not want to devalue anything but is there any opportunity for a second printing or cheaper option in the works for the Misery edition?

biomieg
09-08-2018, 01:17 PM
I’d love it if a nice reproduction of the typewriter remarque became available for sale...

Ricky
09-08-2018, 03:43 PM
The typewriter one is also my favorite, so a signed print would be cool. Or the opportunity to have a "remarque" on a sheet of paper (for whose who missed the chance in their books).

LetoAtreides
09-08-2018, 03:54 PM

Soon.

:excited:

zelig
09-08-2018, 04:06 PM
I would not want to devalue anything but is there any opportunity for a second printing or cheaper option in the works for the Misery edition?

No plans for that currently.

I’d love it if a nice reproduction of the typewriter remarque became available for sale...

The typewriter one is also my favorite, so a signed print would be cool. Or the opportunity to have a "remarque" on a sheet of paper (for whose who missed the chance in their books).

I'll give this some thought.

Ben Staad
09-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Thank you for the reply. Based on your business model do you expect that your books will all be at this general price point?

No plans for that currently.

Patrick
09-09-2018, 08:45 AM

This was fantastic. I ended up watching The Tommyknockers and Lisey’s Story unboxing vids as well. The Lisey’s pricing discussion killed me!

ICry4Oy
09-09-2018, 08:54 AM

Screw that, I want a typewriter!:belial:

ICry4Oy
09-09-2018, 08:58 AM

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/tw.jpg

Patrick
09-09-2018, 12:42 PM

Perfect!

shaq
09-09-2018, 02:00 PM

Perfect!

With floating feet and axes please!!

zelig
09-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Thank you for the reply. Based on your business model do you expect that your books will all be at this general price point?

I'll assume you're referring to Misery. But you know what they say about assuming. Anyway, there's a short and a long answer to this question.

Short answer: Yes.

Keep in mind though that the numbered Misery was 'underpriced', which I think has become clear to everyone. I'm not saying it should have had a published price of $4K, or anywhere near there, but due to the fact that I made the decision to upgrade after the fact, the book was a steal at the original published price.

As to the longer answer, I had to read that question several times because really, to me another way to ask the same question is, "Are you going to continue to publish books at the quality level of Misery?"

Yes, absolutely.

I probably don't need to state this, and I'm sure it's all fairly obvious anyway, but the published prices are what they are because of several factors: Materials, printing process, bookbinding. Print run also plays a big part. Could I make these books cheaper? Sure, I could but then we wouldn't have the sort of book that we have seen with Misery.

As it relates to materials, I tend to not go with the cheapest option. On the printing front, I have been printing letterpress. A very costly process, but for me, the results are just beautiful. I will note that not all future titles will be printed letterpress, so certainly that will be reflected in the price. You don't always need to print letterpress to make a beautiful book.

And then there's the bookbinding. Machine binding is much cheaper than hand binding. I don't machine bind the higher end editions. They're all bound by hand. These are just a few of the factors that come into play when it comes to price points. Also, I haven't mentioned the enclosures. That is a whole other discussion.

Point is, I love the book as an object of art; just like many of you have stated, and also as simply, a book. One that can take us out of reality into the worlds the storytellers create. I know many of you don't read the limited books, but I've heard from a good number who do, and it's a sumptuous experience.

Having said all of that, I completely understand that not everyone has the disposable income to invest in the higher end editions. But that's where the 'gift' book comes in. And although there are no current plans for one, I'm not entirely against this concept of a 2nd unsigned printing.

Probably more words than was needed, but there you go.

zelig
09-09-2018, 02:37 PM

Perfect!

Don't you know better by now not to give me any ideas.... :wtf:

peripheral
09-09-2018, 02:45 PM

I'll assume you're referring to Misery. But you know what they say about assuming. Anyway, there's a short and a long answer to this question.

Keep in mind though that the numbered Misery was 'underpriced', which I think has become clear to everyone. I'm not saying it should have had a published price of $4K, or anywhere near there, but due to the fact that I made the decision to upgrade after the fact, the book was a steal at the original published price.

As to the longer answer, I had to read that question several times because really, to me another way to ask the same question is, "Are you going to continue to publish books at the quality level of Misery?"

Yes, absolutely.

I probably don't need to state this, and I'm sure it's all fairly obvious anyway, but the published prices are what they are because of several factors: Materials, printing process, bookbinding. Print run also plays a big part. Could I make these books cheaper? Sure, I could but then we wouldn't have the sort of book that we have seen with Misery.

As it relates to materials, I tend to not go with the cheapest option. On the printing front, I have been printing letterpress. A very costly process, but for me, the results are just beautiful. I will note that not all future titles will be printed letterpress, so certainly that will be reflected in the price. You don't always need to print letterpress to make a beautiful book.

And then there's the bookbinding. Machine binding is much cheaper than hand binding. I don't machine bind the higher end editions. They're all bound by hand. These are just a few of the factors that come into play when it comes to price points. Also, I haven't mentioned the enclosures. That is a whole other discussion.

Point is, I love the book as an object of art; just like many of you have stated, and also as simply, a book. One that can take us out of reality into the worlds the storytellers create. I know many of you don't read the limited books, but I've heard from a good number who do, and it's a sumptuous experience.

Having said all of that, I completely understand that not everyone has the disposable income to invest in the higher end editions. But that's where the 'gift' book comes in. And although there are no current plans for one, I'm not entirely against this concept of a 2nd unsigned printing.

Excellent.. :huglove:

firemonkey66
09-09-2018, 02:45 PM

Yes, absolutely.

Amen:)

Ben Staad
09-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Thank you for the detailed reply. It is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Lurker
09-09-2018, 03:13 PM

Perfect!

I'd vote for floating key caps. And of course if you own an IT cube....:wink:

zelig
09-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Well..... I do have a bunch of extra keys over from a certain recent book project...

ICry4Oy
09-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Well..... I do have a bunch of extra keys over from a certain recent book project...

I'll take letters "C", "L", "A" and "Y". :cool:

stroppygoblin
09-10-2018, 01:22 AM

I'll take letters "C", "L", "A" and "Y". :cool:

ahh I see where you are going with that - "LACY" - very nice. :evil:

jeffingoff
09-10-2018, 06:58 AM
This was fantastic. I ended up watching The Tommyknockers and Lisey’s Story unboxing vids as well. The Lisey’s pricing discussion killed me!

Thanks for watching. I think the Lisey's pricing killed me more. I'm still glad I got it. It's a pristine copy. And I'm convincing myself that Paul is doing Lisey's Story next. (wild guess).

MikeDuke
09-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Did anyone see the changes Paul did to the numbered S\L book. It looks like he changed the color the case as well as putting a Title and Author stamp on the case. I wonder if he did that for the book as well (the stamp that is).
I like it a lot.

Father Cody
09-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Did anyone see the changes Paul did to the numbered S\L book. It looks like he changed the color the case as well as putting a Title and Author stamp on the case. I wonder if he did that for the book as well (the stamp that is).
I like it a lot.

Changes to Hill House you mean? No, I haven’t seen that yet. Didn’t know about it. Is it on the website?

MikeDuke
09-10-2018, 07:55 AM
I like it a lot.

Changes to Hill House you mean? No, I haven’t seen that yet. Didn’t know about it. Is it on the website?
Yep.
here you go
https://suntup.press/the-haunting-of-hill-house/
Scroll down to about half the page.

Father Cody
09-10-2018, 08:08 AM
I see what you’re saying, Mike. I can’t remember exactly how it looked before but it does seem different.

MikeDuke
09-10-2018, 08:11 AM
I see what you’re saying, Mike. I can’t remember exactly how it looked before but it does seem different.
Well, it wasn't grey, and there was no stamp on the front. As far as I remember.

Father Cody
09-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Well, it wasn't grey, and there was no stamp on the front. As far as I remember.

Oh, right. There was a keyhole where the stamp is now. I think that photo is in black and white which would explain the gray. Of course, I could be wrong about that. Whatever the case may be, I’m sure Paul will update this thread about it at some point.

jeffingoff
09-10-2018, 08:15 AM
I like it a lot.

Yep.
here you go
Scroll down to about half the page.

LOVE the updates.

Pasiuk57
09-10-2018, 08:57 AM
I'm waiting to hear that I won the PC edition of Hill House!
I can dream right?

MikeDuke
09-10-2018, 09:28 AM
I can dream right?
You and me both :drool:

zelig
09-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Yes, just making some tweaks as we get further into production on Hill House. I tend to refine and enhance the deeper we get into it. So I loaded some updated designs for the enclosures. There's also a small design update to the numbered book which will follow. One 'upgrade' I made was that we ended up printing both editions letterpress.

zelig
09-10-2018, 09:52 AM
I can dream right?

It's funny, I've had a few people remind me to put the key in their copy when I pack. My memory isn't as good as it used to be, so thanks everyone for the reminders. For some reason though, I only have one key. Oh, wait, I remember. I'm only giving away one lettered edition. I can be very mean sometimes.

playdohman
09-10-2018, 09:57 AM
I can dream right?

It's funny, I've had a few people remind me to put the key in their copy when I pack. My memory isn't as good as it used to be, so thanks everyone for the reminders. For some reason though, I only have one key. Oh, wait, I remember. I'm only giving away one lettered edition. I can be very mean sometimes.

Has the winner of the gift edition lifetime subscription been announced?

MikeDuke
09-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Yes, just making some tweaks as we get further into production on Hill House. I tend to refine and enhance the deeper we get into it. So I loaded some updated designs for the enclosures. There's also a small design update to the numbered book which will follow. One 'upgrade' I made was that we ended up printing both editions letterpress.
I am really excited to see what the final case and book will look like. I am still excited to see the paper behind the window in the numbered ed.
P.S And Paul (THIS IS NOT A SUCK UP, FOR REAL). You are not mean at all.

becca69
09-10-2018, 10:08 AM
I can dream right?

It was Ari (of course).

Brian861
09-10-2018, 11:25 AM

Very excited for these updates!

I can dream right?

It was Ari (of course).

Sorry, Mike but if Ari is in on this, we're all toast :cry:

MikeDuke
09-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Oh well. I will happy with whatever I can get from Suntup.

MikeDuke
09-12-2018, 05:47 AM
If you guys haven't checked out the HHH page again, I suggest you do. Paul added something really cool to the front of the book.
It looks to me like a stained glass window. Pretty freaking awesome. I really have to commend Paul for doing these things that make the book better.

St. Troy
09-12-2018, 05:53 AM
HHH does look fantastic.

I probably missed this, but...what's up with the countdown at the top of the page (which seems to be counting down to a few minutes after noon (NY time) Th 9/27/18 )?

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 05:58 AM
HHH does look fantastic.

I probably missed this, but...what's up with the countdown at the top of the page (which seems to be counting down to a few minutes after noon (NY time) Th 9/27/18)?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Mike Duke just pointed that out to me. That is pretty sick... Next reveal? Must be BIG to do that no? All I CAN SAY FOR SURE... is that my day got a lot better from a little clock. LOL

Br!an
09-12-2018, 05:59 AM
HHH does look fantastic.

I probably missed this, but...what's up with the countdown at the top of the page (which seems to be counting down to a few minutes after noon (NY time) Th 9/27/18)?

My guess...

Soon.

jeffingoff
09-12-2018, 06:04 AM
Big clue! What book involves a countdown? Running Man?!

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 06:05 AM
HHH does look fantastic.

My guess...

Soon.

Oh I assumed the next reveal... BUT what is the question AND what is big/cool enough to get that bad ass clock counting down??? :rock:

MikeDuke
09-12-2018, 06:09 AM
I saw that when I saw the book, but I wanted people to discover that on their own. Pretty exciting stuff.

PennyUnwise
09-12-2018, 06:11 AM

Im pretty sure it's not a King book though.

"Keep in mind though, that if you do pass, you will not have first refusal rights to the book that is published after The Haunting of Hill House."

So the rights with Misery mean nothing to the following book.

MikeDuke
09-12-2018, 06:18 AM
Few know but I am sure many will be happy. Now we wait :sharepopcorn:.

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 06:24 AM

"Keep in mind though, that if you do pass, you will not have first refusal rights to the book that is published after The Haunting of Hill House."

Rights for HHH would as we know and this clock signifies a "big one" in my eyes. I believe it is most likely not King but rather a large sought after author. We will know in 15 Days either way but till then... speculation is some fun eh?

PennyUnwise
09-12-2018, 06:30 AM

Rights for HHH would as we know and this clock signifies a "big one" in my eyes. I believe it is most likely not King but rather a large sought after author. We will know in 15 Days either way but till then... speculation is some fun eh?

Agreed... and I dont have a gosh darn clue.

MikeDuke
09-12-2018, 06:41 AM

I am really glad that I took the plunge and got HHH. The question are what book, and who is the author (alive or passed on). If this person is alive then maybe they signed it as well. Either way, I am very excited.

Brian861
09-12-2018, 06:49 AM
Weren't we promised Danielle Steel :orely: I mean, that's the only reason I went after HHH.

Dr. Dawg
09-12-2018, 07:29 AM
Man, 15 days feels like a long time! I might be wrong, but I feel like HHH was announced just a few days after the "invitation" went out.

Speaking of HHH, I really liked the original design, but I'm loving the updates shown on the Suntup website (just need to figure out how to get a planchette!)- reading the paperback right now in anticipation of its release!

MikeDuke
09-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Man, 15 days feels like a long time! I might be wrong, but I feel like HHH was announced just a few days after the "invitation" went out.

Speaking of HHH, I really liked the original design, but I'm loving the updates shown on the Suntup website (just need to figure out how to get a planchette!)- reading the paperback right now in anticipation of its release!
I really like the new look as well. But I am not worried about getting the planchette because I know it won't happen.
BTW, be careful with the storm. It looks like people in your area could get hit. Be safe.

jeffingoff
09-12-2018, 08:06 AM

I liked the original design. I LOVE the new design.

St. Troy
09-12-2018, 09:24 AM

Oh dear sweet Jesus...let it be this.

Dr. Dawg
09-12-2018, 09:44 AM

I really like the new look as well. But I am not worried about getting the planchette because I know it won't happen.
BTW, be careful with the storm. It looks like people in your area could get hit. Be safe.

Thanks- we're in the western part of the state, so we shouldn't get it nearly as bad as those in the central or coastal parts of the Carolinas...

amd013
09-12-2018, 09:50 AM

I doubt it, I was under the impression SK was resistant to signing Richard Bachman books.

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 09:51 AM
I have a lettered HHH I am looking to trade for a Misery S/L. Anyone a gambler? COULD it be a huge King book or a huge non-king????????

Randall Flagg
09-12-2018, 10:02 AM

I doubt it, I was under the impression SK was resistant to signing Richard Bachman books.
King is not adverse to signing any of the "Bachman Books, other than Rage (which he will still on occasion sign).

MikeDuke
09-12-2018, 11:21 AM
My guess, and it's only a guess, it won't be a Bachman book or King book but some other "big" author. Kind of exciting to see what it is.

biomieg
09-12-2018, 12:03 PM
I know that Paul has a soft spot for Ken Grimwood's Replay. Not a big author but it would certainly be an unexpected and refreshing choice (I'd try and get a copy if he publishes it as a limited). The Running Man or any of the other first four Bachman books would obviously be fantastic.

Ben Staad
09-12-2018, 12:16 PM
http://www.cbcbooks.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/SplatXmasCountdown-hc-c.jpg

shaq
09-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I know that Paul has a soft spot for Ken Grimwood's Replay. Not a big author but it would certainly be an unexpected and refreshing choice (I'd try and get a copy if he publishes it as a limited). The Running Man or any of the other first four Bachman books would obviously be fantastic.

Replay. Excellent book. One I would buy.

MikeDuke
09-12-2018, 12:55 PM
I am still wondering if the countdown has a double meaning. Either invasion like War of The World, or apocalypse like The Road. Or something along those lines.

PennyUnwise
09-12-2018, 01:01 PM
I am still wondering if the countdown has a double meaning. Either invasion like War of The World, or apocalypse like The Road. Or something along those lines.

Who knows. I really like The Road, so I would be down to see a special edition of that!

LetoAtreides
09-12-2018, 01:09 PM
I mean, obviously Paul has secured the rights to the entire Harry Potter series and will produce the first signed limited editions. Duh.

Father Cody
09-12-2018, 01:11 PM
I mean, obviously Paul has secured the rights to the entire Harry Potter series and will produce the first signed limited editions. Duh.

I was starting to think I’m the only who know that.

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 01:15 PM

My goodness can you imagine? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Father Cody
09-12-2018, 01:19 PM

My goodness can you imagine? Lol

Haha it’ll still be worth $20,000

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 02:01 PM
I have a lettered HHH I am looking to trade for a Misery S/L. Anyone a gambler? COULD it be a huge King book or a huge non-king????????

Is the HHH from your lifetime subscription?

No it is not. I bought a second copy on secondary market my man. It is a letter and has rights

firemonkey66
09-12-2018, 02:07 PM

No it is not. I bought a second copy on secondary market my man. It is a letter and has rights

haha, i deleted the post because i reconsidered the question, but you quoted it too fast:) the lifetime subscription description said that books MAY not be in series, if I remember correctly, which doesn't preclude the possibility of getting an in-series letter. Maybe your lifetime subscription HHH will be in-series, and thus, would carry rights.

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 02:11 PM

haha, i deleted the post because i reconsidered the question, but you quoted it too fast:) the lifetime subscription description said that books MAY not be in series, if I remember correctly, which doesn't preclude the possibility of getting an in-series letter. Maybe your lifetime subscription HHH will be in-series, and thus, would carry rights.

No they would not. Nice try though!

Roseannebarr
09-12-2018, 02:18 PM
I have 2 copies of misery. But not interested in hhh. Is it a limit of 1 signed copy per person or per household? A friend gave me a greAt deal on their Misery! They wished to stay anonymous but they did not like the page mix up and I was able to trade a few of my FLATSIGNED extras

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 02:23 PM
I have 2 copies of misery. But not interested in hhh. Is it a limit of 1 signed copy per person or per household? A friend gave me a greAt deal on their Misery! They wished to stay anonymous but they did not like the page mix up and I was able to trade a few of my FLATSIGNED extras

Household. However you can buy whatever you want on the aftermarket.

tippy4
09-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Glen....are you really asking.......

"If Suntup produces another King S/L, do I get to buy two copies if I own two S/L copies of Misery?"

If that is your question.....I would assume the answer is YES....but only Paul could give the definitive answer.

jeffingoff
09-12-2018, 02:35 PM

Who knows. I really like The Road, so I would be down to see a special edition of that!

When Paul sent out that survey asking what books we'd like to see get the limited treatment, THE ROAD was my top choice. But a sig by Cormac McCarthy? I thought he was notoriously hard to wrangle.

webstar1000
09-12-2018, 03:04 PM

When Paul sent out that survey asking what books we'd like to see get the limited treatment, THE ROAD was my top choice. But a sig by Cormac McCarthy? I thought he was notoriously hard to wrangle.

That was on my list too. I loved that book.

firemonkey66
09-12-2018, 04:17 PM

McCarthy has done a few signed limiteds, I'm sure Paul could get him to do it:)

Father Cody
09-12-2018, 04:23 PM

That would be cool. I’ve been meaning to read it but I’d wait if that’s the next book.

stroppygoblin
09-12-2018, 04:49 PM

It has another meaning for me personally, but the explanation would be of no interest to most of you. :evil:

jeffingoff
09-12-2018, 05:03 PM

That would be cool. I’ve been meaning to read it but I’d wait if that’s the next book.

It would be too good to be true if Paul did THE ROAD. So it mustn't be that book.

Roseannebarr
09-12-2018, 10:00 PM

"If Suntup produces another King S/L, do I get to buy two copies if I own two S/L copies of Misery?"

If that is your question.....I would assume the answer is YES....but only Paul could give the definitive answer.

That is the question! With Suntup or even Grant do we send him proof of our number(s) and then we could order the book(s)?

zelig
09-13-2018, 12:25 PM

That is the question! With Suntup or even Grant do we send him proof of our number(s) and then we could order the book(s)?

Yes, that's right. We just need a photograph of you with the book, or with your drivers license and the book. We also need a copy of your birth certificate, social security number, last 3 months tax returns and a recent electric bill. Oh, and we require a DNA sample (we'll send you the kit), and your mother's maiden name. The application takes about 6 months, so be sure to get it in early in case a new book is released while your application is pending.

Br!an
09-13-2018, 12:36 PM

Yes, that's right. We just need a photograph of you with the book, or with your drivers license and the book. We also need a copy of your birth certificate, social security number, last 3 months tax returns and a recent electric bill. Oh, and we require a DNA sample (we'll send you the kit), and your mother's maiden name. The application takes about 6 months, so be sure to get it in early in case a new book is released while your application is pending.

I see you're no longer taking the first born. :orely:

MikeDuke
09-13-2018, 12:47 PM
I'll just be happy that I got HHH and that I have a GE of Misery on it's way as soon as the storm is done. Too all those in the path, be safe.

The Library Policeman
09-13-2018, 12:49 PM

Haha :D

You need to beef up your security, man.

Roseannebarr
09-13-2018, 04:28 PM

Crap! The new book is being announced in 14 days 3 hours 26 minutes. I heard it’s Pet semetey

webstar1000
09-13-2018, 07:05 PM

Crap! The new book is being announced in 14 days 3 hours 26 minutes. I heard it’s Pet semetey

Shawshank.

Father Cody
09-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Obviously it’s gonna be this:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/bb78b56c0aa3fd05e8e3d482e1b22b72.jpg

MikeDuke
09-14-2018, 11:14 AM
Got my GE. It looks really nice. Pics in my thread at some point. But I am very happy I got this.

Ben Staad
09-14-2018, 11:18 AM
Congrats and a little envious. :lol1:

Got my GE. It looks really nice. Pics in my thread at some point. But I am very happy I got this.

o45deuce
09-14-2018, 01:27 PM
Was the Misery shwag kit just randomly given out to buyers or did all the lettered and numbered edition buyers get one?

Br!an
09-14-2018, 01:32 PM
Was the Misery shwag kit just randomly given out to buyers or did all the lettered and numbered edition buyers get one?

It was limited to the early purchasers. More info on suntup.press (https://suntup.press/).

zelig
09-14-2018, 01:36 PM
The final batch of Misery remarques just arrived back. I'll get those out Monday.

zelig
09-14-2018, 01:43 PM

It was limited to the early purchasers. More info on suntup.press (https://suntup.press/).

Basically the 1st 75 private and 1st 75 public pre-orders. All Lettered buyers got the kit, and Lifetime Subscribers.

o45deuce
09-14-2018, 02:31 PM

Basically the 1st 75 private and 1st 75 public pre-orders. All Lettered buyers got the kit, and Lifetime Subscribers.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Received my remarqued copy today and it looks great. Very happy with everything!

zelig
09-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Happy to hear it, thank you!

FlyerPhan0826
09-14-2018, 02:48 PM
Got my GE. It looks really nice. Pics in my thread at some point. But I am very happy I got this.Got mine today as well and couldn't agree more. This thing is awesome!

Jimimck
09-14-2018, 08:22 PM
Paul, my gift edition arrived in NZ yesterday.

Love this thing. An amazing publication.

Thanks again

shaq
09-15-2018, 04:21 AM
My book has had quite a journey. Lightfoot, virginia a couple of days ago.

Now Florence Kentucky, getting ready to fly across to the UK.

Bought from ebay, and waiting patiently to get the beauty in my hands.

Not sure what the packaging will be (suntup orig?) as it was 1 of 25 bought. Hoping original.

jeffingoff
09-15-2018, 05:36 AM
Not sure what the packaging will be (suntup orig?) as it was 1 of 25 bought. Hoping original.

I wondered about the packaging as well. Since Bookmint(?) received 25 copies, I'm sure they were packed differently than individual copies. So I'm assuming the seller would have to repack. Hope it arrives safe and pristine.

Br!an
09-15-2018, 06:23 AM

I wondered about the packaging as well. Since Bookmint(?) received 25 copies, I'm sure they were packed differently than individual copies. So I'm assuming the seller would have to repack. Hope it arrives safe and pristine.

I received four shrink-wrapped books in a box. That box was packed in another box with my other two bubble-wrapped copies. I suppose George received eight boxes of four and one bubble-wrapped copy.

He would repackage to ship to you. He does a great job of packaging.

FlyerPhan0826
09-15-2018, 07:03 AM
My book from George came wrapped in bubble wrap and in a box with packing peanuts. He packaged very well and my book was flawless.

MikeDuke
09-15-2018, 07:58 AM
Same with me. My book was wrapped in bubble wrap with a lot of foam peanuts. My book arrived perfectly and like a few people took a journey to get to me. Had to go south to go north.
But the book is great and I am glad that I got one. It was also still wrapped in the original plastic from Suntup.

Earl of Popkin
09-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Same with me. My book was wrapped in bubble wrap with a lot of foam peanuts. My book arrived perfectly and like a few people took a journey to get to me. Had to go south to go north.
But the book is great and I am glad that I got one. It was also still wrapped in the original plastic from Suntup.

Same as mine - the Louvre would do well to notate George’s methods

Br!an
09-15-2018, 08:24 AM
My book from George came wrapped in bubble wrap and in a box with packing peanuts. He packaged very well and my book was flawless.

Same as mine - the Louvre would do well to notate George’s methods

George successfully shipped pallets full of the Deluxe Knowing Darkness. I doubt there was a single problem with his packaging of that behemoth. He used the peanut filled box within a peanut filled box method there.

Wrapped with bubble-wrap and any voids packed with peanuts is the best way to ship most books IMHO. You don't want any impact to the box to damage the book, and you don't want the book shaking around in the box. It's not rocket science.

shaq
09-15-2018, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the information.

My angle was more from a point of view of getting packing with that Suntup emblem more than quality of packing.

Wanting the Suntup unpacking experience lol

Ricky
09-16-2018, 01:55 PM
Paul, do you have any extra slipcases for the Gift Edition? Just opened the shrinkwrap on my copy from George and it's got a big scratch running down the spine of the slipcase. Wasn't sure whether to tell you or George.

dnemec
09-16-2018, 04:39 PM
Paul, do you have any extra slipcases for the Gift Edition? Just opened the shrinkwrap on my copy from George and it's got a big scratch running down the spine of the slipcase. Wasn't sure whether to tell you or George.

I wasn't going to mention it, but mine has a scratch too. It's weird, as there is no indent but there is a scratch mark down the side.

Ricky
09-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Yup, big ol' thing too. It was definitely there pre-shrinkwrap, though (no scratch on the shrinkwrap), so it must've been during production.

zelig
09-16-2018, 08:02 PM

I wasn't going to mention it, but mine has a scratch too. It's weird, as there is no indent but there is a scratch mark down the side.

I would hang onto those if I were you. It's the scratched slipcase variant, and they will be worth a lot more in the future. ;-)

If you don't mind, could you please submit the form here (http://suntup.press/contact) stating what you said in the posts and we will work on resolving it for you. Thanks!!

Lot guy
09-16-2018, 08:18 PM
Hi Paul,
Wanted to ask have the copies that CD is recieving(Gift Edition) been shipped?
Thanks

zelig
09-17-2018, 02:48 AM
Hi Paul,
Wanted to ask have the copies that CD is recieving(Gift Edition) been shipped?
Thanks

Yes they have their order.

Ricky
09-17-2018, 04:32 AM
I would hang onto those if I were you. It's the scratched slipcase variant, and they will be worth a lot more in the future. ;-)

:lol:

My scratch has a curve to it at the end, would you say that might make it even rarer? :o

MikeDuke
09-17-2018, 06:15 AM
I guess I should feel lucky because mine arrived great from George
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpKclkgAPM.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpTX3LnLPM.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpsigWoQPM.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpAjLHv9PM.jpg
More picks in my thread
BTW, did I mention that I love this book :biggrin:.

Br!an
09-19-2018, 10:22 AM
ICYMI https://suntup.press/HHHPublicProspectusFinal.pdf (https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/HHHPublicProspectusFinal.pdf)

Br!an
09-19-2018, 10:26 AM
07-21-36-37

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fatheistdave.files.wordpress.com%2 F2015%2F09%2Fwhite-rabbit.jpg&f=1

webstar1000
09-19-2018, 10:27 AM
07-21-36-37

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fatheistdave.files.wordpress.com%2 F2015%2F09%2Fwhite-rabbit.jpg&f=1

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Br!an
09-19-2018, 10:31 AM
The next King book? :orely:

Not only that but King's choice. :dance:

MikeDuke
09-19-2018, 10:54 AM
07-21-36-37

Can't wait to see what it is going to be.

Ari_Racing
09-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Paul.
Any hint you can give us? :D

zelig
09-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Paul.

Nope. ;-)

webstar1000
09-19-2018, 11:06 AM
Paul.

I have to refrain from buggin a buddy... cause I am dying to know. I think we are all gonna love this one for some reason!!!! King didn't even get a countdown clock.. :panic:

The Library Policeman
09-19-2018, 11:09 AM
This is good stuff :D

MikeDuke
09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
Paul.

I have to refrain from buggin a buddy... cause I am dying to know. I think we are all gonna love this one for some reason!!!! King didn't even get a countdown clock.. :panic:
I am just wondering if from a living author or one that has passed on. Either way, I will be very excited if I can add this to my collection. All we can do now is wait :sharepopcorn:.

surly
09-19-2018, 11:17 AM
Paul.

Which raises the question: is the clock itself a clue?

MikeDuke
09-19-2018, 11:22 AM
Paul.

I was sort of thinking that myself. The Time Machine? A book that has a dooms day theme? I am sure Paul is just loving watching us go crazy wondering it is.

webstar1000
09-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Paul.

hmmmmmm.... I am not gonna read anymore into it OTHER than... it is the endgame. Meaning... when it runs out, we get the goods on the next beauty of a Suntup production!

MikeDuke
09-19-2018, 11:31 AM
I agree Kris. Whatever it is, I am sure it will be wonderful.

becca69
09-19-2018, 11:49 AM
Oh you guys. :lol:

Ari_Racing
09-19-2018, 12:08 PM
I
need
a
hint.

The countdown is killing me.

Randall Flagg
09-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Ok. I'll get in trouble, but here is a hint:

HINT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9MVRQYmBQ)

Ben Mears
09-19-2018, 03:32 PM
If it's not an SK book I hope Paul's plan for non-SK titles are novels that had an influenced on his writing like The Haunting of Hill House had on 'Salem's Lot. Since I'm partial to SL I wouldn't mind seeing SP limiteds of Peyton Place, Our Town and Invasion of the Body Snatchers as all three helped shape the setting, mood and atmosphere of 'Salem's Lot.

ICry4Oy
09-20-2018, 08:01 AM
The Bachman Books s/l...…….or...…….Blaze s/l...…..

…………..I can dream too!

MikeDuke
09-20-2018, 08:16 AM
I really doubt it's a King book. I think Paul wants to have a variety of books under his brand, not just King. I think the next one will be a non King book then maybe the next might be King. But I really
think Paul wants to be know for more than King. I see more of a CP kind of thing with maybe a leaning towards King. Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Ben Staad
09-20-2018, 11:22 AM
I am happy for Paul and his customers. Coming from someone from a different perspective, it tears me up, to see wonderful productions that I will never own.

This is not a bitter comment just a selfish one. I wish I could enjoy and contribute to the success of a fellow collector while owning one of these precious productions.

Me looking at Paul's work:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/albums/Animals/RG_Weariness_O.jpg

St. Troy
09-20-2018, 12:06 PM

We need to get you out of the house, man.

Ben Staad
09-20-2018, 12:12 PM
I will send you my address.

We need to get you out of the house, man.

zelig
09-20-2018, 12:43 PM
I’ll join you. I should get out a bit myself.

jeffingoff
09-20-2018, 01:06 PM

Wait? Is that a clue about the next Suntup book??
Let's break it down:
"I’ll join" is it a book about a cult? FIGHT CLUB?
"you." Is it YOU by Caroline Kepnes??
"I should get out" AMITYVILLE HORROR???
"a bit" Something small? A portion of something? A drill bit? Was there a drill in AMERICAN PSYCHO?? I never read it.
"myself." A brand new Paul Suntup Autobiography??

zelig
09-20-2018, 02:10 PM
You crack me up dude.

Randall Flagg
09-20-2018, 03:40 PM

Let's break it down:
"a bit" Something small? A portion of something? A drill bit? Was there a drill in AMERICAN PSYCHO?? I never read it.
You missed the clues from 11/22/63...They help bring it all together.

FlyerPhan0826
09-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Haha great analysis

I'd LOVE to see a Fight Club S/L :)

Joe315
09-20-2018, 08:13 PM

Let's break it down:

Centipede press did American psycho recently.

LetoAtreides
09-20-2018, 10:45 PM
So, the announcement date is 9/27/18. At 9 AM.

Paul could probably have picked any day to make the announcement. This day is on a Thursday, which would seem an odd choice, unless maybe the date is significant.

9...27...18...9 AM. All multiples of nine. The number nine has something to do with this book, MARK MY WORDS!

shaq
09-21-2018, 12:08 AM
Maybe its a calendar!!! Lol

Suspense is ramping up!!

firemonkey66
09-21-2018, 01:34 AM

Paul could probably have picked any day to make the announcement. This day is on a Thursday, which would seem an odd choice, unless maybe the date is significant.

9...27...18...9 AM. All multiples of nine. The number nine has something to do with this book, MARK MY WORDS!

Nine rings of power were made for men in the Lord of the Rings....:)

Tommy
09-21-2018, 02:17 AM
9 circles of Hell in Dante's Inferno....

Father Cody
09-21-2018, 03:13 AM
In Scripture, the number 9 symbolizes divine completeness or conveys the meaning of finality. Christ died at the 9th hour of the day and...wait...is there gonna be a Suntup Editions Bible?? Holy shit. Will he get Jesus to sign it you think? Wait a second. Is Paul Jesus?

Ben Mears
09-21-2018, 04:03 AM

The 9th published Stephen King fiction book is Different Seasons. The 9th fiction book (King & Bachman) published overall is Firestarter. I could definitely go for a 4 volume Different Seasons limited!

webstar1000
09-21-2018, 06:13 AM
9? 99? 19. Paul is doing the next DT book. :clap:

jeffingoff
09-21-2018, 06:18 AM
OK. Going off that 9 theme, I located this list of 9 horror books recommended by King Himself (that's right, I always capitalize the H when using pronouns referring to King).

https://the-line-up.com/horror-books-recommended-by-stephen-king

jeffingoff
09-21-2018, 06:21 AM
9? 99? 19. Paul is doing the next DT book. :clap:

That would be HEAVEN. I really think Grant has dropped the ball with their later editions. Both of my copies of WTTK and Black House have binding issues. I actually had to send my first copy of WTTK back and get a replacement. And that one is coming undone. And all my emails go unanswered.

jeffingoff
09-21-2018, 06:22 AM
In Scripture, the number 9 symbolizes divine completeness or conveys the meaning of finality. Christ died at the 9th hour of the day and...wait...is there gonna be a Suntup Editions Bible?? Holy shit. Will he get Jesus to sign it you think? Wait a second. Is Paul Jesus?

Paul once said he's bigger than Jesus. I might be thinking of a different Paul though.

T-Dogz_AK47
09-21-2018, 06:48 AM

Paul once said he's bigger than Jesus. I might be thinking of a different Paul though.

Wrong Beatle - it was actually John Lennon that said that.

jeffingoff
09-21-2018, 06:55 AM

Wrong Beatle - it was actually John Lennon that said that.

AH. Then I must apologize to Sir Paul for the guilt by association.

webstar1000
09-21-2018, 07:37 AM
Again, I throw this out there. The next Suntup book (we assume by clock) is being announced next week. I am offering to trade a copy (letter not my $ copy) with rights for a Misery numbered. I thought I had a deal going but it is now not on the table so... someone could be happy or not.. any gamblers?

firemonkey66
09-21-2018, 09:26 AM
A countdown clock....a clockwork orange, maybe?

Frondz
09-21-2018, 09:55 AM
House With a Clock In Its Walls? Timing would be pretty good with the movie just coming out.
Would LOVE to see any John Bellairs limited edition. Part of the magic of his books was the Gorey illustrations and covers. Would be very cool to see what Paul could do with it. Though, I don't know if anyone would do a limited of a book for younger readers. The Face in the Frost was his only (fantasy) adult book. Fun to speculate for sure.

jeffingoff
09-21-2018, 10:02 AM
A countdown clock....a clockwork orange, maybe?

REAL HORRORSHOW

amd013
09-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but sometimes a countdown clock is just a countdown clock.

This thread has gotten hilarious.

I bet Paul is laughing his ass off.

Earl of Popkin
09-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Paul got a role in hbo watchmen

webstar1000
09-21-2018, 10:49 AM

What he said. lol

MikeDuke
09-21-2018, 10:51 AM

What he said. lol
What he said.

Frondz
09-21-2018, 11:21 AM

Yeah, for sure. I bet he's having as much fun reading them as we are coming up with them. But, yeah, most likely just a countdown.

Br!an
09-21-2018, 11:36 AM

An 27 is 9x3, 18 is 9x2 and 9 is 9x1

So a countdown and 321

Lift off!

2001: A Space Odyssey :orely:

zelig
09-21-2018, 11:39 AM

What he said. lol
What he said.

What you all said.

And yes, this has been very entertaining.

amd013
09-21-2018, 11:58 AM

What he said. lol
What he said.

What you all said.

And yes, this has been very entertaining.

That's what she said!

Cook
09-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Again, I throw this out there. The next Suntup book (we assume by clock) is being announced next week. I am offering to trade a copy (letter not my $ copy) with rights for a Misery numbered. I thought I had a deal going but it is now not on the table so... someone could be happy or not.. any gamblers?

Late to the game..... What are you offering and what are the rules?

webstar1000
09-21-2018, 02:39 PM

Late to the game..... What are you offering and what are the rules?

I have copy y (I think or u.. lol) of lettered HHH. I want a copy of Misery numbered. Straight trade. Could give you rights for the potential next book next week. Could be a huge book.... won’t know till then but could be a score. Even trade. That’s it!

St. Troy
09-21-2018, 04:17 PM
House With a Clock In Its Walls? Timing would be pretty good with the movie just coming out.
Would LOVE to see any John Bellairs limited edition. Part of the magic of his books was the Gorey illustrations and covers. Would be very cool to see what Paul could do with it. Though, I don't know if anyone would do a limited of a book for younger readers. The Face in the Frost was his only (fantasy) adult book. Fun to speculate for sure.

Bellairs was the man.

T-Dogz_AK47
09-21-2018, 07:59 PM

The 9th published Stephen King fiction book is Different Seasons. The 9th fiction book (King & Bachman) published overall is Firestarter. I could definitely go for a 4 volume Different Seasons limited!

Different Seasons is the 10th King (non Bachman) fiction book published. The Gunslinger is the 9th....

King (non Bachman) fiction books by publication date:

1. Carrie (1974)
2. Salem's Lot (1975)
3. The Shining (1977)
4. Night Shift (February 1978)
5. The Stand (September 1978)
6. The Dead Zone (1979)
7. Firestarter (1980)
8. Cujo (1981)
9. The Gunslinger (June 1982)
10. Different Seasons (August 1982)

Father Cody
09-21-2018, 08:01 PM
In all seriousness, an SE Gunslinger would be a dream come true for me.

webstar1000
09-22-2018, 01:36 AM

We don’t need another in my opinion. There’s something beautiful about the simplicity of the one we have. The artwork is some of the best there is too. I just love it.

shaq
09-22-2018, 04:34 AM
Received my artist edition today from George.

A few minor scratches on the end of the slipcase, but gotta say, this is top quality stuff.

Decided that Misery is due a re-read, so going to be great fun reading this.

Cheers Paul

Dave

Cook
09-22-2018, 07:18 AM
Received my artist edition today from George.

A few minor scratches on the end of the slipcase, but gotta say, this is top quality stuff.

Decided that Misery is due a re-read, so going to be great fun reading this.

Cheers Paul

Dave

Totally agree, reading misery now (halfway)

Cook
09-22-2018, 07:21 AM

I’m curious, Why?
What’s drives the need?

DoctorZaius
09-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Love the idea of Different Seasons, especially if it's a four volume edition, with four different artists.

Father Cody
09-22-2018, 08:59 AM

I’m curious, Why?
What’s drives the need?

Purely selfish reasons. It’s possibly my favorite book irrespective of genre or author, and the first thing I ever read that I genuinely enjoyed. I doubt I’d be reading for pleasure had I never come across that book.

Randall Flagg
09-22-2018, 09:40 AM

Love the idea of Different Seasons, especially if it's a four volume edition, with four different artists.
Its been done...

webstar1000
09-22-2018, 09:45 AM

Its been done...

Not aware of this signed limited? Who was the publisher? Haha:tongue:

Ben Mears
09-22-2018, 10:28 AM

Its been done...

Not officially. Your private version is well and good but it would be nice to have a formal limited edition.

Randall Flagg
09-22-2018, 12:58 PM
Mine is signed, and it's limited.

I do agree that an official signed 1/26 lettered, and a ~1/200 signed Limited edition would be fantastic.

Father Cody
09-22-2018, 01:00 PM
What constitutes an “official” signed limited edition?

Randall Flagg
09-22-2018, 01:01 PM
Being sanctioned by SK and his people.

webstar1000
09-22-2018, 01:17 PM

I also think somewhere on the site we discussed all the other parameters of what makes a limited. You know where that thread is RF? I cannot remember

Randall Flagg
09-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Don't recall, but there is this thread:
If you published a Limited edition, or were designing a traycase what would it be? (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?7033-If-you-published-a-Limited-edition-or-were-designing-a-traycase-what-would-it-be)

Br!an
09-22-2018, 01:56 PM

I also think somewhere on the site we discussed all the other parameters of what makes a limited. You know where that thread is RF? I cannot remember

I remember discussing this somewhere. :orely:

Anyway Adam, a signed limited, at the very least, must be both signed and limited.

An official signed limited would be a signed limited, which as RF stated, is sanctioned/approved by King and his people.

I would ad that to be an official signed limited, the book needs to be published as such.

DoctorZaius
09-23-2018, 08:53 AM
I'd also settle for individual volumes of The Bachman Books. Perhaps Tabitha could sign as Bachman's wife, who perhaps found 200+ signed bookplates in the garage. She could do the introduction as well. Husband and wife signature, along with four separate artists, in one signature page would be great.

T-Dogz_AK47
09-23-2018, 11:52 AM
A S/L of The Bachman Books would be great, but getting King to agree to a S/L of Rage, would take nothing less than a miracle.

Father Cody
09-23-2018, 12:18 PM

Anyway Adam, a signed limited, at the very least, must be both signed and limited.

An official signed limited would be a signed limited, which as RF stated, is sanctioned/approved by King and his people.

I would ad that to be an official signed limited, the book needs to be published as such.

Thanks guys. Could be cool to have an authoritative list of the official ones. Of course, I personally have no idea how to even go about making a complete list like that, so I’m just thinking out loud.

HONKYTONKSMASH
09-23-2018, 12:25 PM

Thanks guys. Could be cool to have an authoritative list of the official ones. Of course, I personally have no idea how to even go about making a complete list like that, so I’m just thinking out loud.
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Complete+list+of+Stephen+King+S igned+Limiteds

Br!an
09-23-2018, 07:26 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Complete+list+of+Stephen+King+S igned+Limiteds

While helpful, that isn't a list of "official" signed limited books.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-24-2018, 12:44 AM

Yes it is.

stroppygoblin
09-24-2018, 04:10 AM

I'd be interested to know what you feel is missing/shouldn't be on that list...

webstar1000
09-24-2018, 04:24 AM

I'd be interested to know what you feel is missing/shouldn't be on that list...

Me too. I used this list to complete my limiteds. I feel it’s complete.

WeDealInLead
09-24-2018, 04:27 AM
I think the emphasis was on "official", not on the completeness of the list.

stroppygoblin
09-24-2018, 04:35 AM

again, what is considered "Unofficial" on this list?

Br!an
09-24-2018, 04:46 AM

Yes it is.

No it's not. It's a list that includes the official signed limited books.

A Taylor guitar is not a book. Duddits is not an official signed limited.

webstar1000
09-24-2018, 04:49 AM

Yes it is.

I agree on the guitar . It’s not a book.
Thought we decided though Duddits is... it is not the same as the regular trade... the signature page is white and not Green being the difference

Br!an
09-24-2018, 04:53 AM

Yes it is.

Thought we decided though Duddits is... it is not the same as the regular trade... the signature page is white and not Green being the difference

Duddits is debatable. I forgot about the different color page.

Trading cards aren't books.

Tommy
09-24-2018, 04:57 AM
The Upper Deck Collectible cards are not books either. Neither is the Lithograph or any of the signed artwork portfolios.

webstar1000
09-24-2018, 05:02 AM

Yes it is.

I guess. True true. And if you are doing books only, then the Upper Deck cards, Rainey Season, Letters From Hell, Rock Bottom.... all come to mind too.

Br!an
09-24-2018, 05:02 AM
The Upper Deck Collectible cards are not books either.

That's funny. I was just adding that to my post.

In fairness, the list doesn't claim to be books. It claims to be King signed limiteds.

webstar1000
09-24-2018, 05:03 AM

Yes it is.

And how is Duddits Debatable if its a book, different from the trade, limited, endorsed by King? Honestly I am seriously wondering why you say that is all..

WeDealInLead
09-24-2018, 05:03 AM

again, what is considered "Unofficial" on this list?

I don't have a bone to pick with the list. By "official" I mean the list was compiled by King's fans, not his camp/employees.

Br!an
09-24-2018, 05:14 AM

And how is Duddits Debatable if its a book, different from the trade, limited, endorsed by King? Honestly I am seriously wondering why you say that is all..

Sorry. Bad choice of words.

MikeDuke
09-24-2018, 05:20 AM
How about this from StephenKIng.com
https://www.stephenking.com/library/limited_edition/
Might work. I usually the collector myself to see what S\L are out there but you can't do better than the main site.
Just my thoughts
P.S It even has Misery

webstar1000
09-24-2018, 05:20 AM

Sorry. Bad choice of words.

Kk no problem. Thanks!

Br!an
09-24-2018, 05:21 AM
Here's the exchange that includes discussion of Duddits. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1283-Stephen-King-Collecting-Questions&p=1080731&viewfull=1#post1080731)

Cook
09-24-2018, 05:31 AM
Why has the Suntup Press page been hijacked?
Can this stuff be moved elsewhere.

Br!an
09-24-2018, 08:04 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/suntupcountdown.png

webstar1000
09-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Here's the exchange that includes discussion of Duddits. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1283-Stephen-King-Collecting-Questions&p=1080731&viewfull=1#post1080731)

Thanks Brian, I remember that. Great discussion.

MikeDuke
09-24-2018, 08:18 AM
Can't wait :excited:.

ICry4Oy
09-24-2018, 08:37 AM

I can. Payday ain't till the 1st :(

Brian861
09-24-2018, 08:45 AM

I can. Payday ain't till the 1st :(

It'll probably be a date when the preorder will go live so you may be in luck :)

webstar1000
09-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Usually Paul announces and then to purchase is some time later no?

MikeDuke
09-24-2018, 09:58 AM
I don't know. I did not buy Misery so I did not get a link for a pre-order for HHH. Bought that the day after it became available to be purchased.
It may be just an announcement that says what the next book is, or, I guess it could be the day he sends out the link to those who have HHH.
We just have to wait and see. This part is new to me.

St. Troy
09-24-2018, 11:19 AM

I haven't bought from SE but I'm pretty sure this is how it works (notice is provided). I'm sure someone here can confirm.

Father Cody
09-24-2018, 11:25 AM

I haven't bought from SE but I'm pretty sure this is how it works (notice is provided). I'm sure someone here can confirm.

That’s how I remember it working for both Misery and Hill House. Pre-order date was announced (I want to say a week or so beforehand) and the public order date was the day after pre-orders.

jeffingoff
09-25-2018, 08:18 AM
Sooooooo, anyone want to talk about the teaser video? Exorcist? What's with the tree rings?

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/322000495241742/?utm_source=Suntup%20Editions&utm_campaign=adf2841d51-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_21_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_447f8dd321-adf2841d51-463608901&mc_cid=adf2841d51&mc_eid=01bed3977e

Tommy
09-25-2018, 08:20 AM
Sooooooo, anyone want to talk about the teaser video? Exorcist? What's with the tree rings?

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/322000495241742/?utm_source=Suntup%20Editions&utm_campaign=adf2841d51-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_21_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_447f8dd321-adf2841d51-463608901&mc_cid=adf2841d51&mc_eid=01bed3977e

Wooden stakes?

A spiffy new Dracula edition?

Brian861
09-25-2018, 08:28 AM

I'm pretty sure but I won't spoil it for others with hints and the like. As for me :excited::clap::nana::biggrin1::dance::rock::heart ::drool::flip2::onfire::o:D And this one for Paul :huglove:

MikeDuke
09-25-2018, 08:28 AM

Could be. Or, that could an obvious ploy to through us off the sent. Lonely Road did a limited one of this. It sure is an interesting teaser.

MikeDuke
09-25-2018, 08:29 AM

I'm pretty sure but I won't spoil it for others with hints and the like. As for me :excited::clap::nana::biggrin1::dance::rock::heart ::drool::flip2::onfire::o:D And this one for Paul :huglove:
Agree with your enthusiasm %100.

jeffingoff
09-25-2018, 08:33 AM

Well, I know you're a huge Joe Hill fan. Soooooo N0S4A2?

Br!an
09-25-2018, 08:48 AM

No, no, no. We want hints. Use the spoiler tag.

Brian861
09-25-2018, 08:54 AM
:nope:

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 09:00 AM

No, no, no. We want hints. Use the spoiler tag.

Yeah come on! Let’s hear it. :biggrin:

MikeDuke
09-25-2018, 09:08 AM
I have a few guesses as well but I am not sure. I can wait until Thursday.

Br!an
09-25-2018, 09:12 AM
For The Exorcist Paul would have used a crucifix.

Earl of Popkin
09-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Father Callahan’s leaked sex tape?

Brian861
09-25-2018, 09:16 AM

No inside information, guys. Just pure speculation in my feeble brain. I could be totally out of my "tree" ;)

MikeDuke
09-25-2018, 09:16 AM
There may other "themed" books that don't have a direct link to the cross.

Brian861
09-25-2018, 09:19 AM
Father Callahan’s leaked sex tape?

:wtf:, Earl! +1. Hence my excitement.

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 09:19 AM

No inside information, guys. Just pure speculation in my feeble brain. I could be totally out of my "tree" ;)

Oh I know you meant it was a hunch. I’m just curious what that is. My guess was The Exorcism but Br!an made a good point about the crucifix.

Brian861
09-25-2018, 09:29 AM

Oh I know you meant it was a hunch. I’m just curious what that is. My guess was The Exorcism but Br!an made a good point about the crucifix.

Agree as well. I think Paul's about doing stuff that hasn't been done and would want to create some breathing room before the next King is announced.

MikeDuke
09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Like I said above, The Exorcist was already done recently so that's why I think it won't be that. TBH, whatever it is, I am sure it will be a great choice and a great production of the story.

AKC
09-25-2018, 09:58 AM
Think hard boys and girls, it will come to you.

St. Troy
09-25-2018, 10:03 AM
My first guess: Rosemary's Baby

My second: Hellbound Heart

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 10:04 AM

Ohhh Hellbound Heart would be cool!

Brian861
09-25-2018, 10:05 AM

Great guesses. Makes me rethink mine :orely:

MikeDuke
09-25-2018, 10:06 AM
I thought of Rosemary's Baby as well.
The other, though I don't know if it's a book would have been The Omen.

jeffingoff
09-25-2018, 10:08 AM

Hellbound Heart had very little to do with organized religion or even faith--despite the word Hellbound in the title and references to the Cenobites as Hell Priests. But Rosemary's Baby is intriguing.

And Brian, don't you want it on record that you had a (possibly) winning guess?! Maybe the PAUL GOD will smile and bestow favor upon you!