PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

webstar1000
06-27-2018, 05:18 AM
That's $550 more than the lifetime numbered subscription cost.

Which underscores the value of the subscription, I might add.

I will say this now.. that lifetime Gold was the single best investment I have made in my adult life. Period.

St. Troy
06-27-2018, 05:26 AM
I will say this now.. that lifetime Gold was the single best investment I have made in my adult life. Period.

You've got a lot to look forward to (so don't scrimp on posting photos).

webstar1000
06-27-2018, 05:27 AM

You've got a lot to look forward to (so don't scrimp on posting photos).

I think so to brother. I’ll try to keep up with pics:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beverly Marsh
06-27-2018, 06:05 AM
Upgrades? How can it possibly get any better?
Oh and by the way Paul, I watched the typewriter video a couple of times just for the accent :smile_002:

webstar1000
06-27-2018, 06:09 AM
Upgrades? How can it possibly get any better?
Oh and by the way Paul, I watched the typewriter video a couple of times just for the accent :smile_002:

Email going out today!!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!

jsweet
06-27-2018, 06:19 AM
Has anyone purchased the folio box to store their prints? Thoughts on it?

zelig
06-27-2018, 06:33 AM

I have one. It’s pretty sweet.

wolfehr
06-27-2018, 06:58 AM

Haha, I also have one and concur :)

herbertwest
06-27-2018, 07:22 AM

Technically, that is not (yet) true, since nothing has been released since ;-)

webstar1000
06-27-2018, 07:28 AM

Technically, that is not (yet) true, since nothing has been released since ;-)

If thats what you say... BUT by the values posted, the books released, the proofs... I shall have to beg to differ. With another lifetime of books coming from Paul, how can it not be true?

Aronstg
06-27-2018, 10:30 AM
I absolutely love the new look of the limited edition! Can't wait to see what the other secret is.

lotuz
06-27-2018, 10:36 AM
I absolutely love the new look of the limited edition! Can't wait to see what the other secret is.

Ditto on both accounts.

I think the new look is much darker and is very appropriate to the style of the story inside. :belial:

sentinel
06-27-2018, 10:37 AM
Ditto-love the folio box, best thing to keep the prints!

FlyerPhan0826
06-27-2018, 10:59 AM
I absolutely love the new look of the limited edition! Can't wait to see what the other secret is.Absolutely agree! Not that I had any doubt but this is shaping up to be amazing!

Father Cody
06-27-2018, 11:12 AM
Just saw the new mockup and wow! That sure looks like something special. :clap: :clap: :clap:

wolfehr
06-27-2018, 11:14 AM
+1 Love the updates!

becca69
06-27-2018, 11:18 AM

Yes, super sweet. Both sizes are awesome.

becca69
06-27-2018, 11:19 AM

It's good. :ninja:

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Paul has transformed MISERY into MAGNIFICENCE.

Ricky
06-27-2018, 02:57 PM
The new numbered Misery design looks (in my opinion) much better than the original, Paul. I like the coloring--very ominous. Nice work. Now, do me a favor and stop making cool adjustments to ease the pain of me not getting one. :lol:

Room 217 Caretaker
06-27-2018, 03:23 PM
Where is everyone seeing the changes?

Thanks

Mulleins

becca69
06-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Where is everyone seeing the changes?

Thanks

Mulleins

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/photos/a.1417779431625802.1073741829.1348570651880014/2037466802990392/?type=3&theater

zelig
06-27-2018, 04:00 PM
Here's a pic.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MiseryNumberedClamshellStanding-1.jpg

Merlin1958
06-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Here's a pic.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/MiseryNumberedClamshellStanding-1.jpg

I'm not complaining nor casting any aspersions what so ever. It looks to be another stellar production by, Paul. Just food for thought? I would like to see future editions include a dust jacket. I can't recall the titles off hand (maybe some inferior PS Pub editions) but I recall some with nice DJ art that I am sure nestled in, Paul's hands could be a nice addition to future editions. I don't think that would really apply in this case, but if others are under consideration for Suntup I'd love to see (and own) what, Paul could come up with.

Pardon me if this is off base with other Suntup works. I think "Misery" is my first actual foray with his work. I ordered the GE which, I am looking forward to receiving. Paul, FWIW that is one handsome looking edition you created there. Kudo's!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
06-27-2018, 04:14 PM
I can't imagine the book being improved by having a dustjacket. Sorry Bill, but that's a terrible idea.

Merlin1958
06-27-2018, 04:47 PM
I can't imagine the book being improved by having a dustjacket. Sorry Bill, but that's a terrible idea.

perhaps you're right. I am just a big fan of the art especially, generally speaking, the UK jackets. Don't get me wrong, I like the no jacket versions as well and it sure seems appropriate for "Misery". The art for editions like "IT" and "The Stand" for instance is really nice and adds to the edition. Like I said it is more appropriate for some editions and not for others. IDK maybe it's just a matter of opinion, but "Terrible idea"? IDK that I agree with that, J. Remember, I didn't say that "Misery" would be improved or whatever with a DJ. IMO a no jacket edition as, Paul has done is spot on.

I think certain books like "Misery", Short story collections and maybe 'Danse Macabre"/"On Writing" are better served with no Jacket. Whereas, "Christine", "Firestarter" and the DT books for instance lend themselves to DJ art IMO. Anyway, I do love and respect, Paul's work. I'm just doing a little "mental masturbation" here (Let the remarks begin now!! LOL).

Father Cody
06-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Here's a pic.

I always think these types of boards with the multi-colored lines are wooden at first and that the lines are a sort of stain application. I was blown away the first time I learned they’re fabric. If I can ask, how is that even accomplished with fabric? Is the whole thing sewn with interchanging colors of thread?

Again, that’s “if” I can ask. Totally understand if that’s not something you’ll disclose at this stage. Guess I’m just wondering if each book will be unique in a way, each with slightly different variations of line colors.

zelig
06-27-2018, 04:51 PM

perhaps you're right. I am just a big fan of the art especially, generally speaking, the UK jackets. Don't get me wrong, I like the no jacket versions as well and it sure seems appropriate for "Misery". The art for editions like "IT" and "The Stand" for instance is really nice and adds to the edition. Like I said it is more appropriate for some editions and not for others. IDK maybe it's just a matter of opinion, but "Terrible idea"? IDK that I agree with that, J. Remember, I didn't say that "Misery" would be improved or whatever with a DJ. IMO a no jacket edition as, Paul has done is spot on.

I think certain books like "Misery", Short story collections and maybe 'Danse Macabre"/"On Writing" are better served with no Jacket. Whereas, "Christine", "Firestarter" and the DT books for instance lend themselves to DJ art IMO. Anyway, I do love and respect, Paul's work. I'm just doing a little "mental masturbation" here (Let the remarks begin now!! LOL).

I'm not trying to sound 'snooty', cause I'm really not, but this book should not have a jacket. The whole point of this design is to focus on the book. The book. The beauty of the book. Publications of this nature do not typically have jackets. It's about the binding, the materials, the tactile experience when you hold it in your hands. The way the cloth feels to the touch, the way the leather smells. Yes, you sure do see some stunning jacket art, and I love beautiful art like that. But this isn't the book for a jacket. It would just cover up an important part of the complete production. The Gift Edition has one Bill, so it sounds like you got he right one for yourself. :-)

firemonkey66
06-27-2018, 04:52 PM
I love the upgrades, Paul, Becca, and Suntup team! That material is going to have a very nice texture and I love a good leather quarter binding:)

Room 217 Caretaker
06-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Thank you for the picture and updates. I don't have or use Facebook.

Again, thanks for posting here.

Mulleins

Merlin1958
06-27-2018, 04:59 PM
I'm not trying to sound 'snooty', cause I'm really not, but this book should not have a jacket. The whole point of this design is to focus on the book. The book. The beauty of the book. Publications of this nature do not typically have jackets. It's about the binding, the materials, the tactile experience when you hold it in your hands. The way the cloth feels to the touch, the way the leather smells. Yes, you sure do see some stunning jacket art, and I love beautiful art like that. But this isn't the book for a jacket. It would just cover up an important part of the complete production. The Gift Edition has one Bill, so it sounds like you got he right one for yourself. :-)

Just for the record, if you go back and review my thoughts I NEVER said that THIS book would be better with a DJ or should in any way have one. I was just speculating I guess for future editions. Paul, this looks absolutely GRAND and you have definitely hit one out of the park!!!

Geez, you guys just jump all over a guy for sharing a thought. To be sure, I'll refrain from sharing any thoughts in the future. Great work, Paul!!!! I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Also for the record, do not misconstrue. I'm not upset, miffed or have my nose bent out of shape in any way. It's all good folks. Panties aren't in a bunch either!! lol

zelig
06-27-2018, 05:04 PM
I always think these types of boards with the multi-colored lines are wooden at first and that the lines are a sort of stain application. I was blown away the first time I learned they’re fabric. If I can ask, how is that even accomplished with fabric? Is the whole thing sewn with interchanging colors of thread?

Again, that’s “if” I can ask. Totally understand if that’s not something you’ll disclose at this stage. Guess I’m just wondering if each book will be unique in a way, each with slightly different variations of line colors.

I don't really know the answer to that one Adam. I'm not real close to the manufacturing process of the cloth, but this is a Japanese bookcloth. Depending on the angle you hold the book, it goes from light to dark across the surface. In general, the appearance is the same across all books, but the length of the vertical lines and the positioning can differ based on where the cloth is cut. There you go. My non-technical answer!

firemonkey66
06-27-2018, 05:15 PM

I don't really know the answer to that one Adam. I'm not real close to the manufacturing process of the cloth, but this is a Japanese bookcloth. Depending on the angle you hold the book, it goes from light to dark across the surface. In general, the appearance is the same across all books, but the length of the vertical lines and the positioning can differ based on where the cloth is cut. There you go. My non-technical answer!

It reminds me of the fabric used on the lettered CD IT and the lettered Sub Press Silence of the Lambs, and both of those books have great texture and a luxurious feel.

Father Cody
06-27-2018, 05:16 PM

Sounds awesome! However it’s made, I can’t wait to see it in real life. Oh and did you need my address for the original’s prototype? You know, if you’re just going to toss it or whatever. :biggrin:

zelig
06-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Oh and did you need my address for the original’s prototype? You know, if you’re just going to toss it or whatever. :biggrin:

Shoot, I'll go look in the trash. I don't think they collected it yet. If I find it, I'll get it shipped to you. I can't guarantee there won't be any stains from last night's spaghetti bolognese.

firemonkey66
06-27-2018, 05:28 PM
Oh and did you need my address for the original’s prototype? You know, if you’re just going to toss it or whatever. :biggrin:

Shoot, I'll go look in the trash. I don't think they collected it yet. If I find it, I'll get it shipped to you. I can't guarantee there won't be any stains from last night's spaghetti bolognese.

You could always claim that it's blood and gore splatter from Annie's axe... :)

Father Cody
06-27-2018, 05:29 PM

Ha! I’m a quarter Sicilian. Sauce stains are welcome in this house. :lol:

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-27-2018, 06:41 PM
I think the book should have two dust jackets, and they should come in ten different formats, half printed backwards like REDRUM, so to be a completist you'll need to buy, let's see, carry the 3, minus the dividend of the apostrophe, 972 copies to have them all. Since there's only 180 copies or so, this might be on the slightly difficult side to accomplish, but I'll give it my best shot.

zelig
06-27-2018, 08:52 PM
I think the book should have two dust jackets, and they should come in ten different formats, half printed backwards like REDRUM, so to be a completist you'll need to buy, let's see, carry the 3, minus the dividend of the apostrophe, 972 copies to have them all. Since there's only 180 copies or so, this might be on the slightly difficult side to accomplish, but I'll give it my best shot.

Love it.

Hunchback Jack
06-27-2018, 10:52 PM
The new book design looks amazing, Paul. I love the more bold lettering on the book spine and the new case design. And the silk covers of course! Just incredible.

peripheral
06-27-2018, 10:58 PM
New design looks very classic...Really like it.

Question re the gift edition - what was the final limitation?

firemonkey66
06-27-2018, 11:11 PM
New design looks very classic...Really like it.

Question re the gift edition - what was the final limitation?

It was 1250:)

St. Troy
06-28-2018, 09:29 AM
Dust Jackets: An Exposition

Dust jackets were originally designed to be temporary and disposable; for that reason, surviving early (pre-1890s) dust jackets are scarce.

Of course, I'm not quite that old; in my time, dust jackets were what drove my first impressions of new books, anything but disposable, while the dullness of physical book design was an admission that they deserved hiding.

Some kicked ass (It, Needful Things), some were cool enough to rekindle interest in things already read (like this Salem's Lot reissue : https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEQBaK1aiWBoF1osweTIx9BwMA2CKnK XqbQJSLOYaiWXVoBb4EoQ), some were just ok (The Tommyknockers, Firestarter), and some (an early edition of Atlas Shrugged, many vintage editions of Lovecraft) were so terrible they guaranteed that I'd never even want the book and would content myself with a cheap paperback (the horror).

I've always tried to keep mine in good condition; when I read, the dust jacket is tucked away in a safe place, and when I lend books, the dust jacket stays home with me (as a consequence of this, I still have the dust jacket from my Different Seasons hardcover, but not the book itself, which was lent out, never to return...).

Generally, I loved them and considered them a vital part of each book...until around 10 years ago, when I noticed that most books now looked better to me without them. And my bookshelf wasn't exactly filled with the likes of the upcoming numbered Suntup Misery; I'm referring to conventional trade hardcovers of things like It (the black with the red foil letters on the spine - just awesome), the Harry Potter series, and several others. Since I don't want to have a big bin of loose dust jackets in my storage (and on my conscience), they remain on the books.

I also have a not actually a special edition but it's special to me set of Lord Of The Rings, which comprises three deceptively heavy clothbound volumes that would look quite nice even without the incredible artwork of Alan Lee.

More recently, I've begun buying some of the less common stuff; I have a few Cemetery Dance gift editions (Carrie, Salem's Lot, The Shining), which all came with very nice dust jackets, and although I do really like their art, I feel these, too, look best without them. In this case, I have the option of turning the book's spine to the back of the bookcase, displaying the spine of the slipcase (which generally resembles the book's spine). My general feeling toward CD's books is these don't need jackets; my feeling towards their dust jackets is wheeeee! look at this! The one point on which I have no need to waffle is that dust jackets that do grace special editions should not have words on them (and I'm sure others may disagree).

When it comes to the Suntup numbered Misery, my thoughts were pretty much captured by this:

The whole point of this design is to focus on the book...The beauty of the book...It's about the binding, the materials, the tactile experience when you hold it in your hands. The way the cloth feels to the touch, the way the leather smells...this isn't the book for a jacket.

I wonder about the Japanese book cloth used in this Misery and Cemetery Dance's lettered It (my absolute "holy grail"); they aren't necessarily the very same cloth and definitely have different colors, but are both described as Japanese book cloth. It looks a bit like silk, incredibly nice - is it soft? - if I saw either book, I would immediately want to touch it (stroke it, really, but let's not explore that thought too closely), but I would also be afraid of permanently marking up the cloth with finger oils or whatnot.

Jesus I love books. What was I talking about again?

Beverly Marsh
06-29-2018, 10:31 AM
I love the design. Misery is in my personal top 5 King books list and I STILL can't believe there's going to be an S/L.(with penguin mind you. Can't forget him!) On my signed shelves I have the "bigger" limiteds displayed facing out( Stand, Regulators etc). I have a feeling this will be at the very top :)

P.S. Somebody posted on Instagram that it's an Oct release. Did it change from Aug to Oct? Not that I mind at all if it did but I hadn't heard anything like that myself....

webstar1000
06-29-2018, 10:56 AM
I now own letter U for Misery and Hill House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock::roc k::rock::rock::rock:

firemonkey66
06-29-2018, 02:24 PM
I now own letter U for Misery and Hill House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock::roc k::rock::rock::rock:

So you are going to own two of each?! That’s awesome, congrats! Are you going to reveal the purchase price?:) inquiring minds want to know!

peripheral
06-29-2018, 02:39 PM

Cool bananas... Is this in addition to your lifetime subscription? What letter does your lifetime subscription give you?

Randall Flagg
06-29-2018, 02:41 PM
Damn Kris.
Corner the market. :)

webstar1000
06-29-2018, 02:44 PM

Cool bananas... Is this in addition to your lifetime subscription? What letter does your lifetime subscription give you?

No and Paul had not revealed the way of numbering or lettering. I am VERY interested in how and hope it’s a ancient way of symbols or Roman numerals or something like that. I can’t wait to find out! Lol

I bought the set as an investment. Suntup’s books will keep going and going. I had money saved for regualtors and was waiting for a deal to come through but he has put that on hold and I decided this was a opportunity. I will be selling it and I paid about what David sold the one for in auction for the set:) happy with the price for sure. Love Paul as a person and his companies. How can one go wrong!

peripheral
06-29-2018, 02:48 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Roman numerals, like CP, would be cool.

Father Cody
06-29-2018, 03:42 PM
Hell yeah, Kris. Congrats. Both of those lettered editions look like they’re gonna be tits.

MikeDuke
06-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Wow. That's pretty cool. I have a numbered Hill House so I am in the game a bit too.

MikeDuke
06-29-2018, 03:59 PM
Hell yeah, Kris. Congrats. Both of those lettered editions look like they’re gonna be tits.
You may want to do a word check :P

webstar1000
06-29-2018, 04:05 PM

Lolololol

Father Cody
06-29-2018, 04:06 PM

Haha oops. Sorry, ladies.

Randall Flagg
06-30-2018, 12:08 PM

I have it on good authority there will be 28 lettered editions...

Br!an
06-30-2018, 12:16 PM

Afrikaans?

Randall Flagg
06-30-2018, 12:33 PM
Not Roman Numerals, not Roman alphabet...

T-Dogz_AK47
06-30-2018, 01:07 PM

Not Roman Numerals, not Roman alphabet...

The Arabic alphabet has 28 letters.

Randall Flagg
06-30-2018, 03:00 PM
Yes it does. Btw, I'm just toying around. I have no idea what Paul has planned for us.

Jason Sechrest
07-02-2018, 07:34 AM
Hi all! I feel as if I know many of you although we have never spoken, lol... I confess, I am a "lurker" to TDT forum. Always curious, and never quite brave enough to dive into the waters. Everyone on this particular thread though seems so kind and so supportive of Suntup Editions, I thought this might be a good place to take my first plunge.

I'm really grateful to Paul for giving me an opportunity to write a new monthly column for his Suntup Editions blog. The column is called "Keys to the Kingdom" and it will be this Constant Reader's humble attempt to interview many of the "key" players from the world of Stephen King. You can read the introductory column at the link below, but more importantly if there is anyone you would like me to interview in particular for this series, shout 'em out here and I'll do my best to round up as many of them as possible.

Thank you, and please be kind. I'm new here. lol *runs and hides in the corner*

https://suntup.press/keys-to-the-kingdom/an-introduction/

zelig
07-02-2018, 07:47 AM
Hi all! I feel as if I know many of you although we have never spoken, lol... I confess, I am a "lurker" to TDT forum. Always curious, and never quite brave enough to dive into the waters. Everyone on this particular thread though seems so kind and so supportive of Suntup Editions, I thought this might be a good place to take my first plunge.

I'm really grateful to Paul for giving me an opportunity to write a new monthly column for his Suntup Editions blog. The column is called "Keys to the Kingdom" and it will be this Constant Reader's humble attempt to interview many of the "key" players from the world of Stephen King. You can read the introductory column at the link below, but more importantly if there is anyone you would like me to interview in particular for this series, shout 'em out here and I'll do my best to round up as many of them as possible.

Jason buddy. Great to see you here, and I'm looking forward to the column!

jsmcmullen92
07-02-2018, 08:02 AM

Bought damn time you show up around here! Now you gotta join the conversations everywhere.

Father Cody
07-02-2018, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the fray! Just kidding, everyone here is friendly and helpful and I’m sure quite a few members are “key players.” I’ll just reiterate what I said on Facebook that I’m looking forward to reading your new column. Good luck to you!

zelig
07-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Jesus I love books. What was I talking about again?

I think it was something to do with dust jackets... :wtf:

P.S. Somebody posted on Instagram that it's an Oct release. Did it change from Aug to Oct? Not that I mind at all if it did but I hadn't heard anything like that myself....

Still on track for August publication. I will update everyone when I have specific timeframes.

Congratulations Kris! Looks like these books are a good investment. I should keep a few myself.

Jason Sechrest
07-02-2018, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the fray! Just kidding, everyone here is friendly and helpful and I’m sure quite a few members are “key players.” I’ll just reiterate what I said on Facebook that I’m looking forward to reading your new column. Good luck to you!

Wait, who are you on Facebook?!! lol... Gotta keep everyone straight here. (Except for me. har har) Behind the mask of Father Cody, lies ______________.

Bought damn time you show up around here! Now you gotta join the conversations everywhere.

On it! :thumbsup:

Jason buddy. Great to see you here, and I'm looking forward to the column!

Thanks for the welcome, Paul!

Father Cody
07-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Ha! Good one. I’m Adam with the yellow smiley face for my profile picture. :thumbsup:

vincent
07-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Hi Jason, nice to see you here. I enjoy what you do, great website and great writing.

And what a dream-job you've got yourself here, congrats!

A few names come to mind. It would have been great to ask Elaine Koster to tell her side of reading Carrie and paying $400.000 for the PB rights, but google tells me she has passed away.

His boyhood friend Chris Chesley would be great. I don't know anything about how he is at the moment.

King's brother Dave, has he ever been interviewed? (again, I don't know what his present situation is)

All the best on this exciting endeavor!

Jason Sechrest
07-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Ha! Good one. I’m Adam with the yellow smiley face for my profile picture. :thumbsup:

Ahhh! Got it! Thanks Adam. :-)

Hi Jason, nice to see you here. I enjoy what you do, great website and great writing.

A few names come to mind. It would have been great to ask Elaine Koster to tell her side of reading Carrie and paying $400.000 for the PB rights, but google tells me she has passed away.

His boyhood friend Chris Chesley would be great. I don't know anything about how he is at the moment.

King's brother Dave, has he ever been interviewed? (again, I don't know what his present situation is)

ALL great ideas! I'll do some digging. And thank you so much for the kind words. Really appreciate it.

ICry4Oy
07-02-2018, 08:59 AM

ALL great ideas! I'll do some digging. And thank you so much for the kind words. Really appreciate it.

Welcome to the asylum Jason! Looking forward to reading your stuff.

If you ever run out of people to interview, I know the step-daughter of Stephen King's college roommate.

herbertwest
07-02-2018, 11:20 AM

Nice to see you Jason

MikeDuke
07-03-2018, 03:16 PM
This is a cross post from IT DR. I sure hope the next book is one that I can get. But dammit, how come it's not Dec yet.

ICry4Oy
07-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Nice to see you Jason

He IS easy on the eyes! :nana:

firemonkey66
07-09-2018, 11:34 PM
Hey, we're famous! Paul's latest installment on 'the road to misery' talks about the site:) Check it out!

https://suntup.press/the-road-to-misery-part-8

The Library Policeman
07-10-2018, 01:45 AM
Hey, we're famous! Paul's latest installment on 'the road to misery' talks about the site:) Check it out!

https://suntup.press/the-road-to-misery-part-8

Enjoyed that :)

stroppygoblin
07-10-2018, 02:59 AM
Another great part to the story and wonderful promotion of the site Paul - top man! :thumbsup:

biomieg
07-10-2018, 03:00 AM
Yes, I loved reading all the installments.

MikeDuke
07-10-2018, 05:09 AM
That was a good one. And to see the site mentioned as well was also neat. I started late but have read every one and they have all been great.

jeffingoff
07-10-2018, 10:13 AM
Sooooo . . . what's the next book, Paul?

Can you share some of the requests you received when you sent out that survey ages ago? Was there a book that got the most requests for the Suntup treatment?

zelig
07-10-2018, 10:46 AM

Can you share some of the requests you received when you sent out that survey ages ago? Was there a book that got the most requests for the Suntup treatment?

The next book... I wish I could say, but alas, I cannot! At least, not right now. I will tell you though that I have been wanting to do this book for quite some time, and I recently received approval on it. I'm really really excited for this one. In the words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

As for the survey, I studied the results very carefully, and have proposals in for a few on that list.

stroppygoblin
07-10-2018, 10:58 AM
The next book... I wish I could say, but alas, I cannot! At least, not right now. I will tell you though that I have been wanting to do this book for quite some time, and I recently received approval on it. I'm really really excited for this one. In the words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that

:smile_002:

biomieg
07-10-2018, 11:31 AM

The next book... I wish I could say, but alas, I cannot! At least, not right now. I will tell you though that I have been wanting to do this book for quite some time, and I recently received approval on it. I'm really really excited for this one. In the words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

As for the survey, I studied the results very carefully, and have proposals in for a few on that list.

Any chance to see a 'spoiler-free' list of entries? I'm also curious to see which books people came up with.

jeffingoff
07-10-2018, 11:49 AM

Thanks for pumping my imagination full of adrenaline, spinning it around, and cutting it loose in a random direction. :)

I don't know what it is. But I'll buy whatever it is.

Can't wait for next month!!!

webstar1000
07-10-2018, 12:21 PM

Any chance to see a 'spoiler-free' list of entries? I'm also curious to see which books people came up with.

That’s such a cool idea!!

Br!an
07-10-2018, 12:50 PM

That’s such a cool idea!!

I'd like to see the suggestions too.

I was asked to make suggestions. I was really busy for 3~4 days and couldn't reply. When I finally clicked the link, Paul said, "Fuck off. I don't need any more suggestions." (I'm paraphrasing here.)

becca69
07-10-2018, 01:32 PM
I'd like to see the suggestions too.

I was asked to make suggestions. I was really busy for 3~4 days and couldn't reply. When I finally clicked the link, Paul said, "Fuck off. I don't need any more suggestions." (I'm paraphrasing here.)

Yep, sounds exactly like Paul :lol:

Brian861
07-10-2018, 01:38 PM
I can't purchase any of Paul's books until I find a bookcase worthy enough :cry:

jeffingoff
07-10-2018, 01:42 PM
I can't purchase any of Paul's books until I find a bookcase worthy enough :cry:

I had one made. It's constructed with 100% vibranium. Had it imported from overseas.

Brian861
07-10-2018, 01:49 PM

I had one made. It's constructed with 100% vibranium. Had it imported from overseas.

From Wakanda I'm assuming.

zelig
07-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Here you go. On sale for $20K

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180710/478df7d0ae6bfd56f883b00f5ec53e44.png

And this one for an oversized book I have planned.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180710/026686cc90fec4278c6e4ee0a082c4ba.jpg

Father Cody
07-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Hmmm if I sell my Suntup books I’ll be a quarter of the way to that Lorenzo. Should’ve bought a lettered dammit.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-10-2018, 03:37 PM
That looks like a good book to steal. I mean, what could go wrong, right?

Brian James Freeman
07-10-2018, 07:07 PM

Geez, at that price they're practically giving it away! :coo3l:

Brian861
07-10-2018, 09:02 PM

I thought that was the case for Knowing Darkness that everyone keeps talking about.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-11-2018, 03:36 AM

I thought that was the case for Knowing Darkness that everyone keeps talking about.

Please see the movie AMERICAN ANIMALS

Beverly Marsh
07-11-2018, 05:04 AM

:lol:

Beverly Marsh
07-11-2018, 05:08 AM
Agree on the blog posts! Keep 'em coming and feel free to drop not so subtle hints as to the next book. You know, for fun :evil:

Side note: saw a post on Instagram with one of the remarqued UK It prints. Both were absolutely stunning.

jeffingoff
07-11-2018, 05:37 AM

That's the Suntup Coffin so you can be buried with your fine Suntup editions. It's the best sendoff for the most discerning of collectors.

But don't take our word for it, listen to some of our satisfied customers:
"I'll be damned if my kids sell my Suntups!" Otis Claypool, distiller
"Keep yer fecking hands offa mah Suntups!" Madame Pimp, cat wrangler
"I swear to God if you don't bury me with my books I will f**king haunt you until you dig me up and give me my Suntups!" Frederick Pullman III, sun-shunner

Subscribe to our newletter and be among the first to purchase the Suntup Memorial Library and Mausoleum!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Does that Mausoleum take payments from the Afterlife?

jeffingoff
07-11-2018, 09:39 AM

You can talk with one of our Suntup Estate Planners!

Br!an
07-11-2018, 10:48 AM

You can talk with one of our Suntup Estate Planners!

That could actually be a thing with the value of DR and Suntup editions.

I told a friend about Misery S/L Numbered going for $4050 and the Rebounds/Portfolio/Paperweight going for $12000.

She said, "Well, you could use $16,000."

She's right. I could. And perhaps an estate planner. :orely:

Br!an
07-11-2018, 11:37 AM
ICYMI....

I've listed a Stephen King Misery Artist Gift Edition by Suntup Editions Signed by Rick Berry (https://www.ebay.com/itm/223045328789) on eBay.

One bid of $199. One recently sold by a member for $250 and one for $310.

Auction ends tonight at seven on the west coast and ten on the east. I'll cover shipping for site members.

jeffingoff
07-12-2018, 09:19 AM

From Wakanda I'm assuming.

Yeah, that's what the little sticker on the back says! :D

scarface
07-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Any chance you will drop us hints like you did for Misery and Haunting of Hill House? :nana::nana:

zelig
07-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Any chance you will drop us hints like you did for Misery and Haunting of Hill House? :nana::nana:

Absolutely!

firemonkey66
07-15-2018, 06:42 PM
Hey Paul, is misery still slated for an 8/8/18 publication date?

zelig
07-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Hey Paul, is misery still slated for an 8/8/18 publication date?

We’re posting an official update on this in the week.

Brian James Freeman
07-16-2018, 07:55 AM

I'm not speaking for Paul, BUT the rumor mill says that fans of Danielle Steel's children's books will be very happy!

:onfire::eek::cowboy:

Brian861
07-17-2018, 07:15 AM
If I purchase a copy of Haunting of Hill House aftermarket, will that guarantee my spot for your next book, Paul? That stuff got so confusing and I wasn't really in the game at the time to pay enough attention. If so, if anyone is selling, I'm looking to buy if we can come to an agreement. Please PM me. Thanks!

Father Cody
07-17-2018, 08:04 AM
If so, if anyone is selling, I'm looking to buy if we can come to an agreement. Please PM me. Thanks!

Are they still valued at list price?

jeffingoff
07-17-2018, 08:14 AM
If so, if anyone is selling, I'm looking to buy if we can come to an agreement. Please PM me. Thanks!

I haven't seen anyone selling their preorder.

MikeDuke
07-17-2018, 08:16 AM
Brain, I know it's confusing but if my conversations with Paul are correct, you will have first rights to the next Non-King book but not the next King book. You would need Misery for that. I don't know what the
worth would be though for Haunting of Hill house is now. Unless Paul makes more then what he did for Misery, or people who bought Misery do not buy the next King book (assuming there is one) then people might have a shot. But I don't know if you would need Hill house for that.
I am sure Paul will correct me if I got anything wrong.

jeffingoff
07-17-2018, 08:26 AM
If I purchase a copy of Haunting of Hill House aftermarket, will that guarantee my spot for your next book, Paul? That stuff got so confusing and I wasn't really in the game at the time to pay enough attention. If so, if anyone is selling, I'm looking to buy if we can come to an agreement. Please PM me. Thanks!

I think if you purchase the copy during the preorder phase, then I'd bet the right to that number (for the future non-King books) would be part of what you're buying. But I guess that would be up to the seller.

After the book is published and out in the wild, I wouldn't expect the right to that number.

I'll hang up and listen for Paul's response.

zelig
07-17-2018, 08:38 AM

I'm not speaking for Paul, BUT the rumor mill says that fans of Danielle Steel's children's books will be very happy!

:onfire::eek::cowboy:

So hard to keep a secret these days.

MikeDuke
07-17-2018, 08:41 AM
Hey Paul, just sent you an email, but your Suntup site seems to be down.

zelig
07-17-2018, 08:43 AM

Hey Brian. If you purchase a book aftermarket before it is released, yourself and the seller would need to fill out and send in the 'Transfer of Ownership' form. There's a link to it in the footer of suntup.press called "Support". Then yes, rights to future non-King are transferred to the new owner.

zelig
07-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Hey Paul, just sent you an email, but your Suntup site seems to be down.

Fixed. A security plugin malfunctioned. Bah.

webstar1000
07-17-2018, 09:06 AM
I kept an extra letter of Haunting as from what I have seen coming from Paul.. the next is gonna be earth shattering....

lotuz
07-17-2018, 09:07 AM

I haven't seen anyone selling their preorder.

I'm curious to see how a non-King Suntup will do on the secondary market. Given

(a) that it sold out quickly
(b) that the limitation is rather small
(c) that it comes with future non-King rights

I expect it to do pretty well!

And the combination of those three things is pretty important, too. I could be wrong, but I can't imagine that Paul's distribution list is as big as Sub Press, Cemetery Dance, or Centipede Press, who have all been amassing emails for more than a decade. Yet the two titles so far have sold as well as a very good performing title from each of those publishers would have. Part of that has to do with the generally smaller limitation (185 vs 300+), and part has to do with the sheer number of titles that each of those presses puts out each year compared to the 2-3 Suntup Editions we'll see in 2018.

But what I really think is going on is that a small group of collectors (including a number of people on these forums) are all-in on Suntup and plan to keep purchasing matching titles. And some of those people missed out on Misery and then Hill House and are looking to get in now. So the rights alone will probably drive up the price of the earliest books - the opportunity to secure a number/letter this early in the life of a fine press is a rare event.

And last but not least, the books are worth it. I like Sub Press a lot, but their books are all very similarly produced: nice paper, better-than-average binding, some new jacket art, and a limitation page. Yet I am still surprised by some of the prices out there on the secondary market. They have a lot to do with scarcity, rather than the particular qualities of each book. The exception to this is when they go all out for a lettered and do something unique or different (think Smoke & Mirrors or the recent Stories of Your Life and Others). Those books command an even bigger premium because collectors rightly see them as more special than their standard lettereds. And both of Paul's productions are carefully crafted in this same way.

There are a subset of collectors that are interested in books as objects of art, and will seek out the most creatively made editions. Suntup Editions is enormously appealing to that market. To make another comparison, Charnel House is a publisher for people who appreciate books as art. Joe Stefko makes no bones about it when discussing his target market - if you're not willing to pay $1000 for a book, he's happy not to sell you one. And you can tell by looking at a shelf stocked with Charnel House books - they are different sizes and shapes and materials and bindings. They don't have the uniformity of a shelf of Sub Press books because each book is approached as a separate and independent work. And Suntup Editions looks to be the same in that regard. I think Suntup Editions even has a leg up now, judging from the choice of Hill House. Charnel House is mostly a vehicle for the works of Tim Powers and Dean Koontz, which limits the appeal to some collectors. If Suntup Editions continues to plumb into the horror cannon, or even branch out further, then any single book will have a larger collector base and more individuals competing for it, beyond just those who are trying to get in early so that they can have matching sets. Which of course will keep prices on the secondary market up, up, up.

Wow - that was a lot more words than I had originally planned to write, but it all supports my thesis: if anything, Suntup Editions books are probably undervalued right now (I know that sounds crazy but I think I made the point in an earlier post about the very limited audience that DRE and SE auctions have reached, despite being public auctions). It will be very interesting to watch the secondary market for these, especially in the coming months, as the actual books are released and people can hold them in their hands and take flattering pictures and point to the rave reviews. From what I can tell, DRE prices really took off around the publication of Firestarter, when people had physical evidence that there was really something special happening.

Beverly Marsh
07-17-2018, 10:14 AM
A lovely new update today! :dance:

I tell ya, and I mean no disrespect at all to other publishers, it's going to be weird getting a book around the date it was promised :cool:

Brian861
07-17-2018, 10:18 AM

Hey Brian. If you purchase a book aftermarket before it is released, yourself and the seller would need to fill out and send in the 'Transfer of Ownership' form. There's a link to it in the footer of suntup.press called "Support". Then yes, rights to future non-King are transferred to the new owner.

Thanks, Paul. You had me at Danielle Steel's children's books :)

MikeDuke
07-17-2018, 11:10 AM
Well, I missed out on Misery, but I got Hill House. I have no idea what is coming next but if it's a non-King book that I know I can get already, it is going to be bought by me.

LetoAtreides
07-17-2018, 06:13 PM
I am also an owner of the lettered Hill House but do not have Misery or the Portfolio. If one of the lettered Misery owners who did not order Hill House is reading this, please send me a PM if you are interested in selling.

MikeDuke
07-18-2018, 05:55 AM
I am just wondering when the announcement will be. And when the ordering will take place. I hope there is some space. Like we don't have to order next week. But if we do, we do. I am
not missing out on the next one if I am able to get it.

St. Troy
07-18-2018, 06:00 AM
Has Paul stated why Hill House had no gift edition? Specifically, I wonder if future non-King books will have gift editions (as I'm rather counting on that).

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Has Paul stated why Hill House had no gift edition? Specifically, I wonder if future non-King books will have gift editions (as I'm rather counting on that).

Think so. No gift.

zelig
07-18-2018, 06:50 AM

It was a contractual requirement. As for future GE’s, it’s an interesting debate. Short answer is that it will be determined on a book by book basis.

St. Troy
07-18-2018, 06:51 AM
Thanks Paul.

firemonkey66
07-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Hey Paul, have you gotten back any or have you seen/held any of the lettered Miserys? Just wondering:) If you have, any first impressions?

zelig
07-22-2018, 04:42 PM
Not yet. They are finishing them off now. I’ll have them soon. I did see a copy of the numbered edition and Paul is very happy. I don’t want to gush too much because that would seem weird coming from the guy who is publishing them. But I love it.

firemonkey66
07-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Not yet. They are finishing them off now. I’ll have them soon. I did see a copy of the numbered edition and Paul is very happy. I don’t want to gush too much because that would seem weird coming from the guy who is publishing them. But I love it.

I think that's a good sign, the publisher being very happy with them. It sounds like the enhancements you made to the numbered edition really hit the mark:)

Ben Mears
07-23-2018, 03:42 AM
...I don’t want to gush too much because that would seem weird coming from the guy who is publishing them. But I love it.

Makes perfect sense. I don't want to assume to know your mission with DR and SE but it is apparent you are creating and designing books that first and foremost, please you. The sign of a true, and passionate, artist.

St. Troy
07-23-2018, 05:31 AM
...it is apparent you are creating and designing books that first and foremost, please you. The sign of a true, and passionate, artist.

This reminds me of a question I had for Paul (and apologies if the answer has already been stated somewhere, or if it's a just plain dumb question, which it may be):

Do you (Paul) keep any copies of what you make, either Suntup or DRE? I imagine it would kill me not to have one of everything on hand, given all you put into it, the love for the books, both of the written work they contain and for the physical objects that you put together.

zelig
07-23-2018, 05:40 AM
Yes I keep a copy of everything for myself.

MikeDuke
07-23-2018, 05:51 AM
As you should. All the work you put into these books. What do we got, about 2 1/2 weeks before Misery gets sent out? I am sure the people who got them are on pins and needles with
excitement right about now.

St. Troy
07-23-2018, 05:55 AM
Yes I keep a copy of everything for myself.

Good to hear.

Brian861
07-23-2018, 06:05 PM

I think you have every right to gush, my good man! After all, these are your babies in a way that you take great pride in from start to finish, and it shows. I seriously doubt you'll ever publish a book that only a publisher can love :)

peripheral
07-23-2018, 06:09 PM
But I love it.

That's all we need to hear... :rock:

shaq
07-25-2018, 05:46 AM
So, in my quest to get a foot into the suntup sl world (king, of course), my suggestion for an sl would be Pet Sematary.

I am just rereading this after a long time, and dread to think what you would do for this.

Last time i read it i didnt have a 17 month old daughter so it is scaring the life out of me and only 30 lages into it.

Anyway, i know there was ann anniversary edition but know you could nail this one (option for the person suggesting to buy a copy???) Although not sure if Mr King is happy to go down a signing route with this.

The Library Policeman
07-25-2018, 11:20 AM
Great news that Dave Christensen is now involved in the Misery project.

https://suntup.press/misery-updates/dave-christensen-misery-illustrations/?utm_source=Suntup+Editions+%28BLOG+UPDATES%29&utm_campaign=64b02e5a13-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a93d557cb0-64b02e5a13-463863277&mc_cid=64b02e5a13&mc_eid=f2838cf557

It just keeps getting better.

Patrick
07-25-2018, 11:25 AM
Great news that Dave Christensen is now involved in the Misery project.

https://suntup.press/misery-updates/dave-christensen-misery-illustrations/?utm_source=Suntup+Editions+%28BLOG+UPDATES%29&utm_campaign=64b02e5a13-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a93d557cb0-64b02e5a13-463863277&mc_cid=64b02e5a13&mc_eid=f2838cf557

It just keeps getting better.
Agreed. Suntup continues to exceed expectations.

webstar1000
07-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Man.... what publisher... charges you a price, and at his OWN cost keeps making it better??? WHILE THE WHOLE TIME... making a deadline which no other publisher I know does? Anyone know any? Other than Suntup???? I don’t.

Br!an
07-25-2018, 11:37 AM
Man.... what publisher... charges you a price, and at his OWN cost keeps making it better??? WHILE THE WHOLE TIME... making a deadline which no other publisher I know does? Anyone know any? Other than Suntup???? I don’t.

He's like, "I just thought it would be better if we did it this way. So that's how I did it."

Paul has definitely raised the bar.

T-Dogz_AK47
07-25-2018, 12:19 PM

He's like, "I just thought it would be better if we did it this way. So that's how I did it."

Paul has definitely raised the bar.

Raised the bar?

Paul has launched the bar into frikkin orbit!!! :clap::clap::excited:

MikeDuke
07-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Yep, he is setting the standard for these kind of books. I missed Misery but got Hill House so I have that going for me.

FlyerPhan0826
07-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Wow this is awesome!!

jeffingoff
07-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Yep, he is setting the standard for these kind of books. I missed Misery but got Hill House so I have that going for me.

IT PAINS me that I missed out on the numbered Misery. I was there on launch day at the very minute the window opened and CHROME wouldn't play nice with the site and here I am. I'm thrilled to get the gift edition, but it would have been euphoric to get the numbered. And those secondary market prices are already to tall for me to scale.

MikeDuke
07-25-2018, 12:52 PM
I was hemming and hawing on the gift ed that I even missed that. So you are one up on me there.

Randall Flagg
07-25-2018, 01:24 PM
I've run out of superlatives for Suntup. Time to start making new ones and getting them onto the public lexicon.

Hunchback Jack
07-25-2018, 01:25 PM

My sentiments exactly. Paul is setting the bar in so many ways.

Apart from the IT paperweight, Misery S/L will be the first Suntup/DRE project I own. These announcement of improvements to the original design just make me more and more excited. I cannot wait to get this!

jeffingoff
07-25-2018, 01:26 PM
I was hemming and hawing on the gift ed that I even missed that. So you are one up on me there.

I JUMPED on the gift edition (even as I wiped mournful tears for my missed numbered) and I was amazed that copies of the gift edition lasted as long as they did.

I also JUMPED on the numbered Hill House. Because I like jumping.

zelig
07-25-2018, 01:59 PM
http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/tumblr_mk3fgePTW41rdg4nvo1_400.gif

lotuz
07-25-2018, 02:23 PM
I've run out of superlatives for Suntup. Time to start making new ones and getting them onto the public lexicon.

Suntup should be a verb for making something better after the fact without increasing the price:

"The restaurant really suntupped my order when they replaced the sirloin with the filet."

At least it'll be google-able after the site gets crawled next...

firemonkey66
07-25-2018, 02:45 PM
Hey Paul, very exciting news about Dave Christensen's involvement! That's awesome! It really does just keep getting better:)

Now for the inevitable question: is his contribution going to delay the publication date?

ruderabbit
07-25-2018, 03:07 PM

Thunderstorm Books

zelig
07-25-2018, 03:54 PM
Hey Paul, very exciting news about Dave Christensen's involvement! That's awesome! It really does just keep getting better:)

Now for the inevitable question: is his contribution going to delay the publication date?

Thanks and no. This has been in the works for months. Just had not announced it yet. The art is already done and sheets are signed.

Patrick
07-25-2018, 04:38 PM
^ Excellent!

firemonkey66
07-25-2018, 04:39 PM

Thanks and no. This has been in the works for months. Just had not announced it yet. The art is already done and sheets are signed.

Sweeeeeeeet, playing it close to the chest, eh? :)

zelig
07-25-2018, 04:53 PM

Yes, that and a couple other things too. :evil:

firemonkey66
07-25-2018, 04:59 PM

Hahahha, now that's just mean :)

becca69
07-25-2018, 06:27 PM

And I thought you would be able to keep this one a secret :wtf:

MikeDuke
07-26-2018, 05:02 AM
Paul just keeps making this book better and better.

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 06:14 AM

You are going to kill us. We are going to overdose. But please don't hold back. I'm happy to take that risk.

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 06:15 AM
http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/tumblr_mk3fgePTW41rdg4nvo1_400.gif

And that's exactly how high I can jump. Love the Misery penguin tie-in, too.

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 06:16 AM

Suntup should be a verb for making something better after the fact without increasing the price:

"The restaurant really suntupped my order when they replaced the sirloin with the filet."

At least it'll be google-able after the site gets crawled next...

Fantastic. I couldn't agree more. You really suntupped this thread.

Beverly Marsh
07-26-2018, 06:17 AM
Does everyone realize August 1st is next Wednesday? I just realized this myself! July has flown by and in a mere several weeks we'll be caressing(that's right, caressing. Don't judge)our copies of this book. The addition of Dave was a fantastic surprise!

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 06:19 AM
Does everyone realize August 1st is next Wednesday? I just realized this myself! July has flown by and in a mere several weeks we'll be caressing(that's right, caressing. Don't judge)our copies of this book. The addition of Dave was a fantastic surprise!

Maybe one of Paul's upcoming surprises is a free pair of Suntup caressing gloves so you can get your rub on without devaluing your fine edition.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-26-2018, 06:23 AM
What's Suntip Pres? I never heard of it.

Father Cody
07-26-2018, 06:32 AM

Haha no judgment here! Can’t wait!

Beverly Marsh
07-26-2018, 06:33 AM

Maybe one of Paul's upcoming surprises is a free pair of Suntup caressing gloves so you can get your rub on without devaluing your fine edition.
:emot-roflolmao:

St. Troy
07-26-2018, 06:44 AM

What is someone (not me - asking for a friend) doesn't own/hasn't ordered any books from Suntup...but would still like a pair of these rubbing gloves? :ninja:

Brian861
07-26-2018, 06:44 AM

And that's exactly how high I can jump. Love the Misery penguin tie-in, too.

That is pretty much the reaction of all Paul's customers when he announces anything new lol.

Father Cody
07-26-2018, 06:45 AM

What is someone (not me - asking for a friend) doesn't own/hasn't ordered any books from Suntup...but would still like a pair of these rubbing gloves? :ninja:

You can have mine for $2K.

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 06:47 AM

I think they might be able to get them if they previously bought the Suntup moisturizing lotion. Otherwise, they have to wait until a preorder opportunity becomes available.

Brian861
07-26-2018, 06:50 AM

I think they might be able to get them if they previously bought the Suntup moisturizing lotion. Otherwise, they have to wait until a preorder opportunity becomes available.

:doh:

MikeDuke
07-26-2018, 06:51 AM
Congrats to all of those anxiously waiting. Only a few more days for you guys.

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 06:59 AM

Very Fine Books is auctioning off one now and the price isn't outrageous (yet).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-MISERY-Signed-limited-gift-artist-edition-Rick-Berry-SEALED-VF/323362189621?hash=item4b49e37135%3Ag%3A~sEAAOSw5KF bPmvZ&_sacat=267&_nkw=misery+suntup&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

amd013
07-26-2018, 08:40 AM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-MISERY-Signed-limited-gift-artist-edition-Rick-Berry-SEALED-VF/323362189621?hash=item4b49e37135%3Ag%3A~sEAAOSw5KF bPmvZ&_sacat=267&_nkw=misery+suntup&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

reserve not meet though

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 08:42 AM

reserve not meet though

Yeah. Hence my (yet). I wonder where VFB has set the reserve. If it's $200, I'd say that's still reasonable and even on the low end.

Brian861
07-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Overlook has a copy as well. I seriously doubt VFB reserve is below their asking price. I'd guess $250-$300.

Misery Artist Gift (https://www.stephenkingcatalog.com/catalog/misery-artist-gift-limited-p-2581.html)

MikeDuke
07-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Well, I think it's at about $193 so we will see if that breaks the reserve.

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Overlook has a copy as well. I seriously doubt VFB reserve is below their asking price. I'd guess $250-$300.

Misery Artist Gift (https://www.stephenkingcatalog.com/catalog/misery-artist-gift-limited-p-2581.html)

You're probably spot on.

Brian861
07-26-2018, 09:00 AM

You're probably spot on.

Not to mention that it would be silly to pay more just to win an auction. Again, no dog in the fight so I haven't been paying attention, but have you guys noticed any other sells for the gift edition?

Br!an
07-26-2018, 09:10 AM

You're probably spot on.

Not to mention that it would be silly to pay more just to win an auction. Again, no dog in the fight so I haven't been paying attention, but have you guys noticed any other sells for the gift edition?

Rick sold one BIN for $250. I ran an auction with one bidder at $199. Members here should PM me before paying more than $250.

Brian861
07-26-2018, 09:21 AM

You're probably spot on.

Rick sold one BIN for $250. I ran an auction with one bidder at $199. Members here should PM me before paying more than $250.

Just goes to show what the quality of Paul's work is. If you don't get it at retail from the get go, you probably never will......

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 09:25 AM
Any guesses on potential future surprises that Paul has in store for buyers?

Here's mine:
Kathy Bates has signed all three editions and for one lucky winner, she'll show up at that customer's house and "hobble" them in a reenactment of the scene in the movie.

MikeDuke
07-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Any guesses on potential future surprises that Paul has in store for buyers?

Here's mine:
Kathy Bates has signed all three editions and for one lucky winner, she'll show up at that customer's house and "hobble" them in a reenactment of the scene in the movie.
Better she do that kind of reenactment then what the character did in the book :wink1:

Br!an
07-26-2018, 10:47 AM
I would prefer that Paul remain faithful to the book.

Allusions to the movie notwithstanding, the book is the thing.

amd013
07-26-2018, 10:53 AM

You're probably spot on.

Just goes to show what the quality of Paul's work is. If you don't get it at retail from the get go, you probably never will......

Just curious if there has been any appreciation for the "cover edition" prints? In fact are they even sold out? Looks like subscriptions are still available, and I think the print run on most of these is only 50 (per size).

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 10:56 AM

You're probably spot on.

Just curious if there has been any appreciation for the "cover edition" prints? In fact are they even sold out? Looks like subscriptions are still available, and I think the print run on most of these is only 50 (per size).

I love them. But I have more shelf space than wall space. There were more than a few I wanted to get, like the DT IV and Black House covers. But I didn't bite because I really have nowhere to display them.

webstar1000
07-26-2018, 11:02 AM
They are super high end and I don’t have them ONLY because I have a strict no print collection. Just not my thing. Love original artwork

becca69
07-26-2018, 12:43 PM
I would prefer that Paul remain faithful to the book.

Allusions to the movie notwithstanding, the book is the thing.

He is and they are.

becca69
07-26-2018, 12:45 PM

The prints are beautiful. You really have to see them in person to appreciate the rich colors and the beautiful paper they are printed on. You can see the artists' brush strokes and the textures from the type of medium they used. Really amazing.

MikeDuke
07-26-2018, 12:55 PM
I think people know what I am talking about with the book. She doesn't just "hobble" him. She does something much worse. That's all I meant. But I don't know what else he could do to make
the book any more special.

zelig
07-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Just to balance things out here, I think Paul is a real jerk. I don't know why you all like him so much.

Brian861
07-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Just to balance things out here, I think Paul is a real jerk. I don't know why you all like him so much.

Bad rep for you, Zelig! The nerve!

jeffingoff
07-26-2018, 01:10 PM

You're taking on an indefensible position. This is the worst thing you've ever said.

becca69
07-26-2018, 01:16 PM

So true. Ugh, he really is awful!

:rofl:

Cook
07-26-2018, 01:21 PM

So true. Ugh, he really is awful!

:rofl:

Agreed.. why would anyone waste time dealing with this guy.

Randall Flagg
07-26-2018, 02:26 PM

Sorry to say that I agree.

Jk
Jk

jhanic
07-26-2018, 02:55 PM
May the world have more jerks like him.

John

zelig
07-26-2018, 02:57 PM
There you go. Makes for a change! Now back to our normal programming.

Was supervising the finishing touches today on the numbered. Things are looking good folks!

stroppygoblin
07-26-2018, 03:14 PM

Sorry to say that I agree.

Jk

Oh thank god! I thought it was just me...
he actually stole one of my designs. Then made an amazing rebound from it. The nerve of this guy! :evil:

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-26-2018, 06:44 PM
Paul who?

I am so confused...

Randall Flagg
07-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Paul who?

I am so confused...
If you read the recent blog from Suntup backwards, it's clear-Paul is Dead

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-26-2018, 07:11 PM
I think he's in this photo somewhere, but I'm not sure:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/paul.jpg

becca69
07-27-2018, 06:16 AM
https://s20.postimg.cc/o644mmbb1/paul.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-27-2018, 10:06 AM
But...I thought that guy was The Walrus...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2018, 10:11 AM
I am the Walrus!

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Koo Koo Ka Choo!

Ricky
07-27-2018, 01:10 PM
Bless you.

Brian861
07-28-2018, 04:07 PM

Awhile back in the bookcase thread, Becca was asking me if I was going to put my Suntup editions in that! They are really, really cheap bookshelves so my post there was mainly tongue in cheek. Especially since I know a lot of you have really nice cases. I told Becca that I didn't own any of Paul's books nor would I probably ever be able too. She stated to me, "Never say never". Well, apparently she knew something I didn't.

Flash forward to a few short weeks later to my original question. Kris and Chad responded to my request; Kris with a lettered and Chad with a numbered. I told Kris a lettered was way beyond my reach but thanked him for the offer. I figured my next best shot would be for a numbered (depending on the asking price) and that's where Chad stepped in.

I usually don't like to post the details of a transaction except from where or whom I obtained an item. I spoke to Chad about this and said he was ok with it. I'm very glad that he was because I feel it shows the true nature of his character, what an outstanding person he is, and how valuable he is to this community.

Chad could have asked any price he wanted for his extra copy of Hill House but he choose to sell it to me at retail. I was prepared to go a little higher should he had wanted more but honestly, my max offer probably couldn't have gone too much above that. I feel without Chad's generosity, I may not have had been able to get in on the ground floor of Paul's Non-King books.

So, Chad, here's to you, my friend. My copy of Hill House will not be haunted, but rather a reminder of a great person who helped a guy become a member of the Suntup Press family. Hopefully for many years to come for us all.

firemonkey66
07-28-2018, 04:38 PM

Awhile back in the bookcase thread, Becca was asking me if I was going to put my Suntup editions in that! They are really, really cheap bookshelves so my post there was mainly tongue in cheek. Especially since I know a lot of you have really nice cases. I told Becca that I didn't own any of Paul's books nor would I probably ever be able too. She stated to me, "Never say never". Well, apparently she knew something I didn't.

Flash forward to a few short weeks later to my original question. Kris and Chad responded to my request; Kris with a lettered and Chad with a numbered. I told Kris a lettered was way beyond my reach but thanked him for the offer. I figured my next best shot would be for a numbered (depending on the asking price) and that's where Chad stepped in.

I usually don't like to post the details of a transaction except from where or whom I obtained an item. I spoke to Chad about this and said he was ok with it. I'm very glad that he was because I feel it shows the true nature of his character, what an outstanding person he is, and how valuable he is to this community.

Chad could have asked any price he wanted for his extra copy of Hill House but he choose to sell it to me at retail. I was prepared to go a little higher should he had wanted more but honestly, my max offer probably couldn't have gone too much above that. I feel without Chad's generosity, I may not have had been able to get in on the ground floor of Paul's Non-King books.

So, Chad, here's to you, my friend. My copy of Hill House will not be haunted, but rather a reminder of a great person who helped a guy become a member of the Suntup Press family. Hopefully for many years to come for us all.

Great deal, fellas:) congrats!

becca69
07-28-2018, 07:04 PM

:thumbsup:

MikeDuke
07-28-2018, 08:38 PM
That is an awesome story Brian. I remember when Becca posted "Never say never". Now we are both in the Suntup family. If this has taught me one thing, it's that everyone involved in the company is top notch. I am really happy that you got a Hill house. I mean that. I meant what I said about Paul, Becca and everyone else who seems to be connected to these projects. They are all top notch.

Brian861
07-29-2018, 03:24 AM
Thanks, guys! Really looking forward to all that Paul has in store for us.

MikeDuke
07-29-2018, 05:44 AM
I am sure Paul has some killer non-King books in store. I didn't understand either that you needed the previous one to get the next one. Having the DR EOTD being first and then needing that to get was confusing to me
a little. And I also learned about this whole company late. But I am not complaining. I am excited as I am sure you are as well.
EDIT: I just want to add that Paul is a stand up guy (plus everyone he works with as well). We have had several conversations and they have always been very nice. He is one of the good ones and again, I can't wait to start the Suntup part of my shelf :biggrin:.

Ben Staad
07-29-2018, 06:32 AM
Great story and shows the character of the members on this forum.

Father Cody
07-29-2018, 07:42 AM

Agreed emphatically!

Ben Mears
07-29-2018, 10:09 AM

+1

peripheral
07-29-2018, 10:23 AM

+1

Add another +1, please.

Beverly Marsh
07-29-2018, 12:27 PM
And yet another +1 . That's awesome Brian. Chad is a stand up guy and congrats on Hill House! I imagine it will be a beautiful production.

Brian861
07-29-2018, 01:37 PM
And yet another +1 . That's awesome Brian. Chad is a stand up guy and congrats on Hill House! I imagine it will be a beautiful production.

Thanks, Lori! That he is.

MikeDuke
07-29-2018, 01:42 PM
And another plus one for Kris and Chad. The people on this forum are really incredibly nice and generous. I speak from personal experience as well.

becca69
07-29-2018, 06:26 PM
I am sure Paul has some killer non-King books in store. I didn't understand either that you needed the previous one to get the next one. Having the DR EOTD being first and then needing that to get was confusing to me
a little. And I also learned about this whole company late. But I am not complaining. I am excited as I am sure you are as well.
EDIT: I just want to add that Paul is a stand up guy (plus everyone he works with as well). We have had several conversations and they have always been very nice. He is one of the good ones and again, I can't wait to start the Suntup part of my shelf :biggrin:.

Just to clarify, you didn’t have to own the DR EOTD rebound book to purchase Misery… you could pre-order if you owned the Suntup EOTD portfolio which was not sold out when Misery was announced.

firemonkey66
07-29-2018, 09:54 PM
Hey Paul, how are things going with the incoming and imminent outgoing of Misery? You guys must be busy as all hell!

Father Cody
07-29-2018, 10:14 PM
Hard to believe we’re just weeks away!

zelig
07-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Hey Paul, how are things going with the incoming and imminent outgoing of Misery? You guys must be busy as all hell!

Things are going very well. Right now it’s the calm before the storm. Watch for an update soon!

jeffingoff
07-30-2018, 03:23 AM

Congrats all around! Great books bring great people together!

MikeDuke
07-30-2018, 03:45 AM

Just to clarify, you didn’t have to own the DR EOTD rebound book to purchase Misery… you could pre-order if you owned the Suntup EOTD portfolio which was not sold out when Misery was announced.
I understood that. But not until later. I was getting confused because again, to me, it seemed like two separate companies. Your right Becca and I am not complaining. I had my own calculations
going on in my head. It was my mistake and I own it. I am not blaming anybody but myself.

becca69
07-30-2018, 06:09 AM

I understood that. But not until later. I was getting confused because again, to me, it seemed like two separate companies. Your right Becca and I am not complaining. I had my own calculations
going on in my head. It was my mistake and I own it. I am not blaming anybody but myself.

No worries. Just wanted to point out that DRs EOTD had nothing to do with preorders and that they are separate companies. Maybe having two EOTD products from two related companies confused some people?? :orely:

MikeDuke
07-30-2018, 06:43 AM
In my original post I should have said DR EOTD portfolio. That would have made things clearer if I said it that way. Thanks for understanding my mis-understanding :doh:.

racerx45
07-30-2018, 08:00 AM
Got a shipping notice…

For some Valium so I can stay calm until Paul starts sending out his shipping notices :panic:

stroppygoblin
07-30-2018, 08:30 AM
Got a shipping notice…

For some Valium so I can stay calm until Paul starts sending out his shipping notices :panic:

http://media2.giphy.com/media/MdtGlWzYwvS7K/200.gif

becca69
07-30-2018, 08:39 AM
In my original post I should have said DR EOTD portfolio. That would have made things clearer if I said it that way. Thanks for understanding my mis-understanding :doh:.

But it's not DR, the portfolio is a Suntup publication. :D

MikeDuke
07-30-2018, 08:48 AM

I figured (mistakenly) that since DR did the book that they did the portfolio as well. Again, it was my mistake %100. Sorry if I came off harsh. I feel like crawling under a rock now.

becca69
07-30-2018, 08:50 AM
I'm not trying to make you feel bad Mike. Just trying to clear up that the Suntup editions are different than the DR - since they are only rebinds.

Br!an
07-30-2018, 09:07 AM

I figured (mistakenly) that since DR did the book that they did the portfolio as well. Again, it was my mistake %100. Sorry if I came off harsh. I feel like crawling under a rock now.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad Mike. Just trying to clear up that the Suntup editions are different than the DR - since they are only rebinds.

I've been involved from the start of the rebound editions. I own letter B, and I've helped purchase the books for the rebound editions.

It's confusing. Don't even worry about it. You are certainly not the only person who is confused by the two efforts.

Doing TEOTD rebound and befriending Mr. Pallidini inspired Paul to start Suntup Press and publish TEOTD portfolio. So the two are intertwined.

The best way to remember is that the rebound books are Dragon Rebound and the original publications are Suntup Press.

MikeDuke
07-30-2018, 09:08 AM
You are not making me feel bad. I thought I was making you feel bad. I just got confused that's all. I understood what the rebounds were and I missed out on that side.
Then I mis-interpreted what was needed for getting Misery. Don't worry about Becca. It's all good and again, you are not making me feel bad

MikeDuke
07-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Hey Brian. Thanks for the reply. I missed out on Rebound because I was injured and King was the last thing on my mind. And I missed out on Suntup from the beginning simply because I did not know about it. I think I explained why I was confused so no need to do that again. At least I am in Sunup with Hill House. Anyway, all is fine and I apologize for de-railing the the thread.

Randall Flagg
07-30-2018, 10:55 AM
Anyway, all is fine and I apologize for de-railing the the thread.
Apology accepted. Back to other things about Suntup Press.

amd013
07-30-2018, 01:31 PM

No worries. Just wanted to point out that DRs EOTD had nothing to do with preorders and that they are separate companies. Maybe having two EOTD products from two related companies confused some people?? :orely:

Just curious, if I am remembering correctly, didn't you need to have a DR EOTD in order to order the Lettered edition of the EOTD portfolio, which in turn was required for the Misery Lettered? Just trying to remember why I didn't buy a lettered copy of EOTD portfolio. Maybe I was too late?

firemonkey66
07-30-2018, 01:38 PM
If you owned the DR EoTD you could preorder the portfolio and match your letter. After that it was open to public sale.

Br!an
07-30-2018, 01:42 PM

Just curious, if I am remembering correctly, didn't you need to have a DR EOTD in order to order the Lettered edition of the EOTD portfolio, which in turn was required for the Misery Lettered? Just trying to remember why I didn't buy a lettered copy of EOTD portfolio. Maybe I was too late?

Yes. If you had the DR TEOTD then you had first opportunity to purchase the Suntup portfolio with matching letter.

The Suntup portfolio gave you the first opportunity to purchase Misery whether lettered or numbered.

becca69
07-30-2018, 01:48 PM
Yep, to get in on the lettered editions, you pretty much had to be grandfathered-in on the rebounds or purchase second hand.

Br!an
07-30-2018, 03:55 PM

reserve not meet though

Yeah. Hence my (yet). I wonder where VFB has set the reserve. If it's $200, I'd say that's still reasonable and even on the low end.

It didn't sell. High bid of $227.50 with reserve not met.

Brian861
07-30-2018, 04:08 PM

reserve not meet though

I figured it wouldn't. It's been relisted with a reserve still. Will be interesting to see if that high bid in now the reserve.

jeffingoff
08-01-2018, 09:54 AM

reserve not meet though

That's interesting! Can you change the reserve after your listing goes live?? Because I checked before the auction ended to see where it was and the high bid at the time was $201 and the "reserve not met" message was gone. So I assumed the reserve was $200. Maybe I wasn't paying close attention. I seriously doubt you can raise the reserve once people start bidding.

jeffingoff
08-01-2018, 10:01 AM

reserve not meet though

I figured it wouldn't. It's been relisted with a reserve still. Will be interesting to see if that high bid in now the reserve.

It's probably $250.Don't see the point of having a reserve. I know it affects the listing price. But just start the bidding at $250!

Br!an
08-01-2018, 10:58 AM

reserve not meet though

It's probably $250.Don't see the point of having a reserve. I know it affects the listing price. But just start the bidding at $250!

It doesn't make any sense. It cost's money to place a reserve too.

VFB has one listed BIN on eBay for $395. :orely: They have it listed on their site at $275.

Rick has one listed on eBay at $249.

I have one listed on eBay at $249 too. (Link in signature)