PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Fundraiser Benefiting The Haven Foundation

Randall Flagg
01-19-2017, 07:39 AM
The 2017 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation kicks off January 19th and will run through May 19, 2017.
Last year we raised over $16,000! Our goal this year is a modest $10,000.

From Stephen King:
"In the summer of 1999, I was struck by a careless driver and nearly killed while taking my daily walk. It was ten months before I was able to work productively again. Some years later, a good friend of mine, audio reader Frank Muller, suffered terrible head injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident. He never worked again. My luck was infinitely better than Muller’s, but the two events set me thinking about the uniquely perilous situation of many freelance artists. The majority of mid-list writers, audio readers, and freelancers in the book and publishing industry have little or no financial cushion in the event of a sudden catastrophic accident such as that suffered by Muller and myself. Many aren’t affiliated with any professional associations or guilds that can help them in the event of such reversals. Even those who are affiliated with organizations such as The Authors’ Guild cannot look for much beyond token help over a short period of time.
My response to this has been the creation of The Haven Foundation. Its goals will be threefold:
First, to establish a compassionate and committed group of board members willing to sift through cases and identify those where the need seems to be the greatest. These “greatest need” cases would be freelance members of the fine arts community – who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident. We will also focus on freelancers who lost their homes and work spaces (with freelancers these are often the same) as a result of natural disasters or other catastrophic events.
Second, to help a number of these individuals each year, based on need.
Third, to establish cut-off points for such help. As I have discovered, the decision to cut off aid is an agonizing one, and best made by a group rather than by an individual. I have come to believe, however, that it must be made if help is to be rendered to the many rather than the few.
Stephen King"

At the top of every page is a donation widget. Keep in mind that $10 gets you an entry for the grand prize. $100 total gets the max 10 entries.
Last year there were less than 120 unique donors and less than 500 total entries.
Pretty good odds considering the prizes.

We are streamlining this year’s event to make it easier to manage and hopefully increase the donation total.
Several book dealers have already committed to donating things that will either be used as giveaways, or auctioned off-we are hoping for more once this official announcement is posted.

100% of the net proceeds from all cash, check, Paypal gift donations and Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/) auctions will be forwarded to The Haven Foundation. (Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/) ad insertion, commission, shipping fees and shipping materials are the expenses that will be paid from the Gross proceeds).

Every person who donates $10 or more, or donates an item used for auction or giveaway (donors need to contact me in advance before sending potential items) will receive one entry into our giveaway*-maximum 10 entries per donor. Items for the giveaway have yet to be finalized, but rest assured they will be really exciting and cool! Please use the donation "widget" that is atop each forum page.

Stephen King has kindly agreed to personalize one of his books to our Grand Prize Winner!**

Personal Paypal donations must be noted as a “Gift” so that Paypal does not take a commission.
The Paypal address is Crownandcola@aol.com (Name is Dolores, don't freak out)

Checks must be made out to Jerome Smith (Please don’t make them out to The Haven Foundation as I will have to forward them and they won’t count towards our fund-raising total) and mailed to:

The Haven Foundation Fundraiser
C/O Jerome Smith
PM me for address

Last years Grand Prize winner received three inscribed First Edition Trade Hardbacks. Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1468434830-Grand%20Prize%20MM.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1468434838-Grand%20Prize%20FK.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1468434845-Grand%20Prize%20EOW.JPG

becca69
01-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Awesome!

AKC
01-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Just sent $100 via Paypal to kick it off.

Thanks for coordinating Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagg......

mikeC
01-19-2017, 09:00 AM
I don't remember those Hodgson books. The winner didn't want them personalized or Steve just wrote Constant Reader?

webstar1000
01-19-2017, 09:50 AM
I don't remember those Hodgson books. The winner didn't want them personalized or Steve just wrote Constant Reader?

IF I were to win.. I would want COnstant Reader in mine.. he calls us all that... so it would be cool to own it that way. I am not sure what was asked for.

Randall Flagg
01-19-2017, 09:51 AM

King inscribed the books exactly how the winning member requested.

wolfehr
01-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Donation sent! Maxed out my entries... feeling lucky this year :)

I also agree that "Constant Reader" is a cool inscription.

mikeC
01-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Very cool of him to sign all three with different inscriptions.

Randall Flagg
01-19-2017, 01:27 PM
That was cool, and unexpected. The request was that he inscribe one of the books of his choosing. He inscribed all 3 and I would say the trio is priceless.

EXPLORER
01-19-2017, 02:00 PM
That was cool, and unexpected. The request was that he inscribe one of the books of his choosing. He inscribed all 3 and I would say the trio is priceless.

I agree!.... There is great appreciation when great things are achieved. Great job by TDT.org and fabulous appreciation shown by Mr. King.

Merlin1958
01-19-2017, 09:08 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sentinel
01-20-2017, 07:28 AM

Cool, Unexpected and Priceless! You stated it perfectly, Jerome. :rock::rock:

mikeC
01-23-2017, 12:28 PM
I got this Stone Brewing WOOT stout this weekend and it supports the hero initiave which is similar to the Haven but but for comic creators.
http://www.heroinitiative.org/

I thought that was cool. 13% beer, looking forward to cracking open that one.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/96528/

Forgive me if this was bad/confusing place to put this. Thought some might find it interesting.

Ari_Racing
01-23-2017, 01:50 PM
As previous years I'll send a donation, of course, but my first donation in the year will be for the portal, not for the HF.

Regarding HF last year I made a suggestion: instead of all auctions it'd be nice to do a test similar to crowdfunding. I don't know if you're open to do this but if you need help don't hesitate to let me know.

Randall Flagg
02-25-2017, 01:37 PM
Just a reminder. Every year our Grand Prize is a mind blower.
Donate now to get your entries in. $100 gets you the max 10 entries (although more than $100 gets you good Karma).

Merlin1958
02-25-2017, 01:50 PM
Just a reminder. Every year our Grand Prize is a mind blower.
Donate now to get your entries in. $100 gets you the max 10 entries (although more than $100 gets you good Karma).

Now, If I was a big supporter and shill for the fundraiser I would say that is a nice deal with pretty good odds to win. However, I don't do that kind of thing anymore so as to not upset the status quo. lol

Randall Flagg
03-01-2017, 09:56 AM
I know there is a lot going on right now, but just a reminder to donate. If the fundraiser closed today, we would have less than 30 unique people with less than 200 total entries.

We aren't certain what the Grand Prize will be, but I have two or three ideas that are potentially life altering (how's that for hype!).

webstar1000
03-01-2017, 09:57 AM
I know there is a lot going on right now, but just a reminder to donate. If the fundraiser closed today, we would have less than 30 unique people with less than 200 total entries.

We aren't certain what the Grand Prize will be, but I have two or three ideas that are potentially life altering (how's that for hype!).

What is your total RF so far?

Randall Flagg
03-01-2017, 12:42 PM

What is your total RF so far?
A bit over $5K.

EXPLORER
03-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Jerome, Bill.
Do you think a Ticket to attend Sarasota Bookstore1 SOLD OUT signing event might raise some $ for Haven Fund? I likely could provide if think there is interest. I'm not sure if there is interest as few comments in the thread. Guarantees 1st print 1st edition EOW signed in front of you.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Jerome, Bill.
Do you think a Ticket to attend Sarasota Bookstore1 SOLD OUT signing event might raise some $ for Haven Fund? I likely could provide if think there is interest. I'm not sure if there is interest as few comments in the thread. Guarantees 1st print 1st edition EOW signed in front of you.

Although I am neither Jerome or Bill, I would personally bet that there would be an AWESOME amount of interest to attend the Sarasota Bookstore signing event. :rock:

The fact that you would even consider donating a ticket to this for the HF, makes you a bonafide HERO in my eyes!! :clap::clap::clap:

Rep points for that. :thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
03-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Jerome, Bill.
If you can sell one, please feel free to do so. Then make a donation.
It's more efficient to do it that way. Thanks for doing that.

Merlin1958
03-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Jerome, Bill.

First off, that is an exceedingly generous offer. Very considerate. I'm not sure how best to realize the value for something like this for the HF. Perhaps, a "Blind Auction" in the classified thread would be best? members can submit their bids via PM up until a prescribed cut-off and then the proceeds could be sent to Jerome in a check for the benefit of the HF?

Or, and I do not know the event details, if the book could be obtained first and then just auctioned as normal for the HF. Just some ideas. Thanks for thinking of the HF, Jim!!!

BTW, I'm looking for 1/1 editions of "Mr. Mercede's" and "Finders keepers". The DJ's need not be intact. PM me if you have a thought or offer.

EXPLORER
03-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Jerome, Bill.

First off, that is an exceedingly generous offer. Very considerate. I'm not sure how best to realize the value for something like this for the HF. Perhaps, a "Blind Auction" in the classified thread would be best? members can submit their bids via PM up until a prescribed cut-off and then the proceeds could be sent to Jerome in a check for the benefit of the HF?

Or, and I do not know the event details, if the book could be obtained first and then just auctioned as normal for the HF. Just some ideas. Thanks for thinking of the HF, Jim!!!

I will post an offering for a low number ticket (under 35) which puts holder toward front of line for the Book Signing in the Collectible Classifieds thread as soon as I can figure out the details which could bring the most for Haven Fund...

Merlin1958
03-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Jerome, Bill.

I will post an offering for a low number ticket (under 35) which puts holder toward front of line in the Collectible Classifieds thread as soon as I can figure out the details which could bring the most for Haven Fund...

You are "Da Man"!!!!! If I can be of any assistance just shout.

BTW, in your avatar you got a real nice ass for an old white guy!!!! lol lol

LokiJake
03-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Years ago when I moved to S. California and started learning to surf, I bought a 7'-9 surfboard that was too short for a taller beginner like me. After my few attempts to try to get on it, I bit the bullet and bought my 9-6 and started lessons. Since moving to N. California in 2014 it has sat in it's sock unused with the same idea in my head when i bought it in 2011 that maybe someday, I will want and be able to use which has never happened :rolleyes3:

I posted pics on Craigslist and will be donating whatever I can sell it for to help achieve our fundraising goal. Thanks Jerome for putting this together. -Jake

http://i.imgur.com/zeHEmlg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gWzWaZE.jpg

Merlin1958
03-04-2017, 06:24 AM

Merlin1958
03-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Hey, El Jefe. I realize a "Total Thermometer" is a PITA, but how about just a number shout out once or twice a month as to where the totals stand?

Randall Flagg
03-04-2017, 12:09 PM
>$5K

Merlin1958
03-04-2017, 12:13 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Randall Flagg
03-28-2017, 11:02 AM
We are currently at $6,800!
Rough year, but I hope people will use the donate button. As always we will have a very cool grand prize that will be personally inscribed by Stephen King.

Don't be left out.

becca69
03-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Rough year, but I hope people will use the donate button. As always we will have a very cool grand prize that will be personally inscribed by Stephen King.

Don't be left out.

When is the fundraiser ending this year?

Merlin1958
03-28-2017, 02:26 PM

Don't be left out.

When is the fundraiser ending this year?

Same as every year, 5/19

EXPLORER
03-28-2017, 05:17 PM

Don't be left out.

MAKE THAT $6900. (at least) $100 raised selling Sarasota Event ticket. I donate to Haven Fund

webstar1000
03-29-2017, 04:14 AM
Ill throw a $100 in now. Zoid email RF?

EDIT: Nevermind. Using the widget at top of page!

Merlin1958
04-05-2017, 02:26 PM
So, El jefe where are we now that the "Gwendy's proof" has sold??????

Randall Flagg
04-05-2017, 03:20 PM
I'm in California.
You should be in Arizona...(Unless Wild Bill kicks in; then all bets are off).

BTW. Your new name is "Wild Bill".

Merlin1958
04-05-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm in California.
You should be in Arizona...(Unless Wild Bill kicks in; then all bets are off).

BTW. Your new name is "Wild Bill".

??????????????????

Of course, I was referiing to the overall totals.

Merlin1958
04-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Turns out I now have a cataract due to the steriods used to revive me from the coma a coupla years ago. I also have an extremely pulled muscle in my leg which is not a picnic and my nephew needs money for his fucked up situation. So. suffice to say I am not in the mood for jokes and innuendo. Sound good, El Jefe???????

Randall Flagg
04-05-2017, 05:28 PM
Turns out I now have a cataract due to the steriods used to revive me from the coma a coupla years ago. I also have an extremely pulled muscle in my leg which is not a picnic and my nephew needs money for his fucked up situation. So. suffice to say I am not in the mood for jokes and innuendo. Sound good, El Jefe???????
Sounds fine to me.
I presume you will hold up your end of the bargain.

Merlin1958
04-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the sympathy, my brother. When have I not held up my end, asshole?

Randall Flagg
04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the sympathy, my brother. When have I not held up my end, asshole?
Your end of the bargain was to hold off on jokes, innuendo, and name calling.

Randall Flagg
04-06-2017, 07:18 AM
After yesterdays stunning auction results, we are currently at $8,650!!! Our goal of $10K is within sight!

Thanks to everyone who has helped!

Randall Flagg
04-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Couple of new things going up soon-in fact, one tomorrow.
Bonus rep to the first person to identify the book.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1491776343-Test%20art%202017.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1491776362-Messed%20up%20gold%20leaf%20edges.jpg

stroppygoblin
04-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Desperation

jsmcmullen92
04-10-2017, 08:46 AM
That is Desperation but I am trying to decide what the art depicts. I am assuming Johnny Marinville but not sure what the other side is depicting. Maybe TAK but sounds like it's almost time for a re-read of one of my favorite SK's

Randall Flagg
04-10-2017, 09:48 AM
The first image is from Erin Wells. It is not DT related, but is very cool.
The second is a "distressed" copy of Desperation. Maitz is doing some very cool stuff with it.

Merlin1958
04-10-2017, 04:57 PM
We should also have some goodies from, Alex McVey coming as well. It wasn't easy to get a hold of the busy man, but when we did he was very generous!!!! Many thanks, Alex and be sure to visit his thread in the near future!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20898-Artist-Alex-McVey

jsmcmullen92
04-11-2017, 07:47 AM
The second is a "distressed" copy of Desperation. Maitz is doing some very cool stuff with it.

oooooh I'm excited for this one!

CRinVA
04-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Well I haven't been around much, but here I am and I just made my annual contribution to the Haven Fund! Feels Good!!!

Randall Flagg
04-11-2017, 08:59 AM

oooooh I'm excited for this one! You might also be excited to know that King signed it...

jcmanske
04-11-2017, 09:54 AM

oooooh I'm excited for this one! You might also be excited to know that King signed it...

I'm in and ready for this one to be up!

jsmcmullen92
04-11-2017, 09:59 AM

Bring it on Jeff! [emoji6]

becca69
04-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Slow start but just put in $20. Will add to this once Spring Break vaca is over.

webstar1000
04-11-2017, 10:18 AM

Going to $1000 + On this one.

Randall Flagg
04-11-2017, 11:06 AM

You are?

Remember, the book was intentionally distressed. It looks like it's been left out in the Nevada desert for quite some time.

Here's a teaser:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1491937574-Clamped%20Book%20edge.jpg

Brian861
04-11-2017, 03:10 PM
I'll guessimate $1750. I foresee a bidding war for this piece :evil:

EXPLORER
04-11-2017, 03:45 PM

You are?

Remember, the book was intentionally distressed. It looks like it's been left out in the Nevada desert for quite some time.

Here's a teaser:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1491937574-Clamped%20Book%20edge.jpg

Bidders will be fore-edge ing for cash for this auction!!!!

EXPLORER
04-11-2017, 04:06 PM

Looks like he was happy to sign it;http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/King%20signing%20Desperation._zpstvsb1gfx.jpeg (http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/jascarpic/media/King%20signing%20Desperation._zpstvsb1gfx.jpeg.htm l)

Randall Flagg
04-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Cute chop...It would help more with a legit image.

EXPLORER
04-12-2017, 12:45 PM
OH.............. I only drop by to help............................... Of course it is LEGIT IMAGE....

Randall Flagg
04-12-2017, 12:47 PM
OH.............. I only drop by to help............................... Of course it is LEGIT IMAGE....
You know I was teasing, I'm just a bit flabbergasted that you somehow obtained it.
Thanks.

Randall Flagg
04-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Slightly larger image:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1492030622-UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4829.jpeg

Merlin1958
04-12-2017, 04:23 PM
You know I was teasing, I'm just a bit flabbergasted that you somehow obtained it.
Thanks.

Amazing that, Don has a camera and, Steve is photogenic!!!! LOL It's all good, my brother and GREAT for the cause!!!! This item should instigate some vigorous bidding I would imagine. lol

Randall Flagg
04-13-2017, 11:48 AM
I love to tease....

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1492112706-Maitz%20distressed%20Desperation%202017%20view%202 .JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1492112725-Maitz%20Tak%20King%20signature.JPG

jcmanske
04-13-2017, 12:30 PM
I love to tease....

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1492112706-Maitz%20distressed%20Desperation%202017%20view%202 .JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1492112725-Maitz%20Tak%20King%20signature.JPG

Now, that's how I like be teased. Cool piece!

jsmcmullen92
04-13-2017, 06:49 PM
I love to tease....

Jeff if you get this one I'll be traveling up there to see it! But if I get it you better be co.ing down this way again and hopefully get to actually see the collection this time

jcmanske
04-13-2017, 06:55 PM
I love to tease....

Jeff if you get this one I'll be traveling up there to see it! But if I get it you better be co.ing down this way again and hopefully get to actually see the collection this time

Sound like a plan! I'd love to get together even if we both miss out. Although I'd be surprised if it gets past us!

herbertwest
04-14-2017, 12:26 AM
I really like that remarque on the pages/spine, even though it the book isn't displayed on this side.
Pretty cool

jhanic
04-14-2017, 12:21 PM
Donated.

John

Merlin1958
04-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Donated.

John

Randall Flagg
04-19-2017, 11:28 AM
1 month left.
You don't want to be the person who misses out. Get your entries/donations in now.

Randall Flagg
04-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Just for the hell of it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1492716208-McVey%20Vampire%20Barlow%20650x813.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1492716218-McVey%20Vampire%20Barlow%202%20691x806.jpeg

dnemec
04-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Whoa

zelig
04-20-2017, 12:16 PM
Whoa

Almost as scary as Tina.

dnemec
04-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Whoa

Almost as scary as Tina.

:emot-roflolmao:

Merlin1958
04-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Those are some really nice pieces!!!! :emot-cthulhu:

BTW. I thought you all might like to know that, "Bomber, The Haven Fund Wonder Dog" is getting older like his, Master. He now needs a daily dose of "Vetprofen" to get up in the morning and has a 90 day supply. I take 5-6 pills a day for BP and such so it's not really a surprise I suppose, but every HF donation still nets him a treat that he dearly enjoys, FWIW folks!!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img840/8607/08ih.jpg

"Buddy Jesus" is watching and judging you!!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4748/5TEHyY.jpg

cit74
04-24-2017, 07:39 AM
Just got my paycheck today - and made my annual donation - cannot wait to see what other auction items come up in the next month

becca69
04-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Another $20 in the pot :rose:

Merlin1958
04-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Merlin1958
04-24-2017, 04:03 PM
Whoa!!! Over $1K for the Maitz/King "Desperation"!!!!!! As usual we have a couple items left for the stretch run. Be sure to keep an eye out and make sure you have your entries for the "Grand Prize Drawing" secured. Heck, we even have a great item or two to kick off. 2018!!!!

Give until it hurts, people!!!!!

After the "Desperation" auction where are we at, El Jefe???????

Randall Flagg
04-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Thanks to Don Maitz and Mr. King, we have exceeded our modest goal of $10,000!!!!!

Merlin1958
04-25-2017, 12:38 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

shaq
04-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Amazing. Another $20 sent.

Managed to send a friends this time!

Merlin1958
04-25-2017, 06:32 PM
I have to say that I am amazed we were able to top the "Goal" this year and maybe even rival previous year totals. Going in, RF and I thought it would be very difficult, but thanks to the dedicated members, our artists and quite frankly, CD we are doing very well this year!!!

Everyone, give yourselves a round of applause!!!! Keep the donations coming if you can!!!

TravelinJack
04-26-2017, 09:54 PM
All - I just read up on the foundation itself, really great. Also, what a fantastic thing you guys do here to raise money and bring people together as well. Also, talk about amazing prizes. Whoever won last years, wow. I couldn't imagine how awesome that was and is to have that personalized set. I'll admit I have the worst luck from a 'winning perspective' but I'm donating for the cause. I know I'm a newbie here, but have really enjoyed my time thus far and all the great folks here. The Haven Foundation is wonderful and I'm thrilled to contribute. My hat goes of to everyone involved!

Br!an
04-27-2017, 11:53 AM
All - I just read up on the foundation itself, really great. Also, what a fantastic thing you guys do here to raise money and bring people together as well. Also, talk about amazing prizes. Whoever won last years, wow. I couldn't imagine how awesome that was and is to have that personalized set. I'll admit I have the worst luck from a 'winning perspective' but I'm donating for the cause. I know I'm a newbie here, but have really enjoyed my time thus far and all the great folks here. The Haven Foundation is wonderful and I'm thrilled to contribute. My hat goes of to everyone involved!

You're a welcome addition to the site, Jack.

Kerry - sentinel - was thrilled that King signed all three books. He'd suggested a quote from each book in order for King to have options. King chose the best option of all!

TravelinJack
04-27-2017, 12:23 PM

Kerry - sentinel - was thrilled that King signed all three books. He'd suggested a quote from each book in order for King to have options. King chose the best option of all!

I appreciate you saying that. King definitely chose wisely. Still in awe at the fascination of those. What a great win!

webstar1000
04-28-2017, 03:54 AM

Did he ever. that was the best Haven Grand prize to date. A PRICELESS set.. AND the fact he made them each out to "constant reader"!!! Priceless set!!

sentinel
04-28-2017, 06:34 AM

Did he ever. that was the best Haven Grand prize to date. A PRICELESS set.. AND the fact he made them each out to "constant reader"!!! Priceless set!!

I've never won anything before, without a doubt the coolest one of a kind item in my collection. I'm still in awe of how Jerome has built this fundraiser and how successful it has become!

TravelinJack
04-28-2017, 06:50 AM

I've never won anything before, without a doubt the coolest one of a kind item in my collection. I'm still in awe of how Jerome has built this fundraiser and how successful it has become!

In awe with you. Man, that would pretty much be tops for the collection. So unique. Don't ever sell it! Unless of course you sell it to me :-) I also do booksitting.

In all seriousness though, super cool! congrats!

Merlin1958
04-29-2017, 03:51 PM
With me going for "cataract" surgery on, Tuesday and thus having to wear a patch it was suggested that this year's "HF theme" should be "Pirates"!!!! So, show your outlaw support for the HF!!!! Donate and become your favorite "Pirate"!!! lol I think my new avatar already reflects this theme. Avast my matey's!!!! lol

Edit: My "Pirate" donation is official!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtfI7hWpwc

T-Dogz_AK47
04-30-2017, 01:44 PM
Arrrrrrr! http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Halloween/keith.gif

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20963-Pirates-of-the-Haven-Foundation!-Arrrr!!!! (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20963-Pirates-of-the-Haven-Foundation!-Arrrr!!!!)

HONKYTONKSMASH
04-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Threw a few more doubloons in the chest. :thumbsup:

dnemec
05-01-2017, 04:31 AM
Threw some more money in last night. Come on, grand prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becca69
05-01-2017, 04:48 AM
Another $20 in the pot... I don't want to walk the plank! :pirate:

Merlin1958
05-01-2017, 07:31 AM
Threw some more money in last night. Come on, grand prize!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another $20 in the pot... I don't want to walk the plank! :pirate:

There ya go, Lassie's!!!! :pirate:

TravelinJack
05-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Threw in another donation as well. Going to have to pirate up.

Randall Flagg
05-02-2017, 01:57 PM
We are down to the last few couple of weeks.
I'm going to be putting up tons of cool stuff, some very inexpensive, and a couple that will be a bit more.
Stay tuned.

jsmcmullen92
05-03-2017, 07:48 AM
I'm going to be putting up tons of cool stuff, some very inexpensive, and a couple that will be a bit more.
Stay tuned.

Whats the current number?

Merlin1958
05-03-2017, 09:24 AM
Stay tuned.

Yeah, El jefe inquiring minds want to know!!!! lol

Randall Flagg
05-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Stay tuned.

$12,500!!!!

Merlin1958
05-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Stay tuned.

$12,500!!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

LokiJake
05-03-2017, 01:11 PM
That is very cool! :cool2:

Rachel Readman
05-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Outstanding :grouphug:

Patrick
05-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Fantastic! I'll throw in some $ tonight.

bdwyer19
05-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Donation made.

becca69
05-09-2017, 05:04 AM
Wow, that's amazing!

Merlin1958
05-09-2017, 07:27 AM

Ari_Racing
05-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Donation sent.

Merlin1958
05-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Donation sent.

Man, between recent "widget" donations and the last auction item we are doing very well this year!!!! You folks :rock:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TravelinJack
05-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Updates on the current running total?

Randall Flagg
05-09-2017, 05:24 PM
None yet until the latest auction is paid for. Not worried in the slightest, but still must receive payment before an update.

TravelinJack
05-09-2017, 06:40 PM
None yet until the latest auction is paid for. Not worried in the slightest, but still must receive payment before an update.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Randall Flagg
05-10-2017, 05:36 AM
$13,500+!!!

TravelinJack
05-10-2017, 07:39 AM
$13,500+!!!

Very good!

Randall Flagg
05-10-2017, 01:00 PM
On Monday or Tuesday, I'll be putting up our last "special project"
We took a "Bill Hodges Trilogy" and had the books bound in "moleskin" (actually nubuck, but in many ways, that's what moleskin is). The books were bound such that they still fit in the original slipcase, with or without the trilogy DJ's. Each book has red/cranberry "moire" endpapers (blood colored to me). To cap it off, two pieces of original art are bound in each book (relevant to that particular story). The art is truly sublime.

Oh, and as a kicker, the last novel (End of Watch) is signed by Stephen King

wolfehr
05-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Oh man, that's going to be epic! The quality of items auctioned never ceases to amaze me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelinJack
05-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Epic indeed!

Patrick
05-10-2017, 08:52 PM
We took a "Bill Hodges Trilogy" and had the books bound in "moleskin" (actually nubuck, but in many ways, that's what moleskin is). The books were bound such that they still fit in the original slipcase, with or without the trilogy DJ's. Each book has red/cranberry "moire" endpapers (blood colored to me). To cap it off, two pieces of original art are bound in each book (relevant to that particular story). The art is truly sublime.

That sounds amazing.

webstar1000
05-11-2017, 01:20 AM
Any pics RF?

Randall Flagg
05-11-2017, 05:00 AM
Two pieces for the MM book:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494507505-Mr%20Mercedes%20McVey%201.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494507519-Mr%20Mercedes%20McVey%20Poison%202.jpeg

TravelinJack
05-11-2017, 05:31 AM
Yummmm - tasty burger!

herbertwest
05-11-2017, 06:05 AM
Still benefiting to the HF fundraiser I guess.

I would personnally think that some similar items / fundraisers could go for funding the expanses of this site...

Aronstg
05-11-2017, 09:03 AM

I would personnally think that some similar items / fundraisers could go for funding the expanses of this site...

I agree. I know that most charity drives usually take out a percentage to pay for operational expenses. The HF auction wouldn't exist without this site and without RF. I've suggested in the past that he should pay himself first and the site upkeep and then send the remaining amount to the HF.

Merlin1958
05-11-2017, 11:57 AM

I agree. I know that most charity drives usually take out a percentage to pay for operational expenses. The HF auction wouldn't exist without this site and without RF. I've suggested in the past that he should pay himself first and the site upkeep and then send the remaining amount to the HF.

That's just not how we roll. The bare minimum of "administrative costs" (mostly postage and ebay fees)are deducted and the remaining net is always turned over to the charity.

Ari_Racing
05-11-2017, 11:59 AM

I agree and mentioned this as well. First DT.org, then the rest. Without this place, there's no fundraiser. I also think Jerome should get from the pot the money needed for the whole year and the remaining money sent to the HF.

Randall Flagg
05-11-2017, 12:29 PM

I agree and mentioned this as well. First DT.org, then the rest. Without this place, there's no fundraiser. I also think Jerome should get from the pot the money needed for the whole year and the remaining money sent to the HF.
It doesn't work that way currently. The only way to do that is to announce it before the Fundraiser starts. I doubt anyone would mind if we did it this year, but I'd be worried; and "worry ain't worth it".

wolfehr
05-11-2017, 12:32 PM
I'd support the change for next year. Maybe skip the site donations and just put up the HF donation widget earlier? Just an idea.

Ari_Racing
05-11-2017, 12:49 PM
I'd support the change for next year. Maybe skip the site donations and just put up the HF donation widget earlier? Just an idea.

I'd also support the change for next year. I like the HF but I LOVE the website and will always put it first.

Merlin1958
05-11-2017, 12:53 PM

I'd also support the change for next year. I like the HF but I LOVE the website and will always put it first.

I would too. Actually, I've said this many times before, but was always told no. I think it's a great and fair idea.

Randall Flagg
05-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Ok. Back on topic.

Two more images from our "Bill Hodges Trilogy" project:

Finders Keepers:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494536688-Finders%20Keepers%20McVey%20Case.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494536695-Finders%20Keepers%20McVey%20Morris%20Bellamy.jpeg

Merlin1958
05-11-2017, 01:10 PM
You guys are gonna LOVE this. The art is perfect in it's simplicity and, RF did magic with the re-binding!!!! Plus, EOW is signed!!!!

Randall Flagg
05-11-2017, 03:45 PM
You guys are gonna LOVE this. The art is perfect in it's simplicity and, RF did magic with the re-binding!!!! Plus, EOW is signed!!!!
So much for a surprise.
We need an emoji for people that shouldn't have givin something away...sort of a spoiler asshole...

Merlin1958
05-11-2017, 03:50 PM
So much for a surprise.
We need an emoji for people that shouldn't have givin something away...sort of a spoiler asshole...

After YOU just spilled the beans? lol lol You crack me up!!!! :ny-yankees-baseball

You crack me up!!!! lol lol

Edit: Dolores, he needs to go to bed!!!

Randall Flagg
05-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Happy I added more emojis.

These are for you Bill:

:FU::FU::emot-cthulhu::emot-aslol::Ball Kick::Shithead emoji::dick:

Patrick
05-12-2017, 03:43 AM

Jerome, Bill can't spoil what you already posted. :grouphug:

The artwork is great! What a fantastic project. Looking forward to seeing the final products.

cit74
05-12-2017, 07:16 AM
i will see if i can get that book back into my library...and yes I agree with patrick - RF spilled the beans in an earlier post

stroppygoblin
05-12-2017, 08:11 AM
:crow burp:

(still my favourite new emoticon)

Randall Flagg
05-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Finders Keepers art from the Trilogy:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494536688-Finders%20Keepers%20McVey%20Case.jpeg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494536695-Finders%20Keepers%20McVey%20Morris%20Bellamy.jpeg

Patrick
05-12-2017, 04:45 PM
This artwork is great stuff!

Randall Flagg
05-13-2017, 11:42 AM
End of Watch art:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704376-Hodges%20EOW%20McVey%20Det%20Hodges.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704384-Hodges%20End%20of%20watch%20Coma.JPG

Books sans DJ's:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704443-Hodges%20sans%20DJs.JPG

Red/Cranberry Moire endpapers:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704461-Hodges%20Moire%20endpapers.JPG

Sewn binding:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704452-Hodges%20sewn%20binding.JPG

King signature:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704598-Hodges%20End%20of%20watch%20King%20sig.JPG

TravelinJack
05-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Looking really good!

Randall Flagg
05-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Goes up for auction tomorrow. I know tomorrow is Mother's day, but the auction will end a week later.

Maybe I'll start on Monday, but either way, the auction will run for 7 days.

Merlin1958
05-13-2017, 05:04 PM
We're getting down to it for this year, folks. If you ain't in it for the GRAND PRIZE now is your chance!!! Only a very few auction items left (and one is a real "doozy"!!!). Get in the game before it is too late!!!

TravelinJack
05-13-2017, 06:11 PM
This one, I'm predicting, will go north.

dnemec
05-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Added one more donation before the end.

As a side note, excellent work on the items for donation this year, guys! The time and effort put into some of the items was incredible! :clap:

becca69
05-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Just put in $40. That should make 10 entries for me! :pirate:

webstar1000
05-16-2017, 03:22 AM
Gonna top 15K for sure!!

Randall Flagg
05-16-2017, 05:59 AM
Gonna top 15K for sure!!
That will be a challenge, unless we receive quite a few more personal donations.

Merlin1958
05-16-2017, 06:01 AM
Gonna top 15K for sure!!
That will be a challenge, unless we receive quite a few more personal donations.

:wink:

Patrick
05-16-2017, 09:26 AM
End of Watch art:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704376-Hodges%20EOW%20McVey%20Det%20Hodges.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704384-Hodges%20End%20of%20watch%20Coma.JPG

Books sans DJ's:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704443-Hodges%20sans%20DJs.JPG

Red/Cranberry Moire endpapers:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704461-Hodges%20Moire%20endpapers.JPG

Sewn binding:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704452-Hodges%20sewn%20binding.JPG

King signature:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1494704598-Hodges%20End%20of%20watch%20King%20sig.JPG

What an outstanding job!

Randall Flagg
05-17-2017, 01:37 PM
We are down to the last 2 days for members to donate and be entered for the Grand Prize.

Donate now. You can't win if you haven't entered.

The Library Policeman
05-17-2017, 01:57 PM
I'll be making a donation tomorrow :)

Randall Flagg
05-17-2017, 03:16 PM
I should mention that as always, we also have several cool items that entrants are eligible for. Some cool Don Maitz original sketches, a McVey original sketch, a signed poster (or maybe more), a book or two.

If you win a "bonus" item, you are still eligible for the Grand Prize!

becca69
05-17-2017, 05:03 PM
We are down to the last 2 days for members to donate and be entered for the Grand Prize.

Is there going to be a list of members with their entry counts to verify donations were received and counted??

Randall Flagg
05-17-2017, 06:06 PM

Is there going to be a list of members with their entry counts to verify donations were received and counted??

No.

As always, a donor may confirm with me that their donation(s) was received.

The Grand Prize winner is always disclosed (member name, not legal name address etc.)

There are quite a few donors that understandably don't want their name on a public "list" as to how much they donated. Most members are happy to say they donated, but not everyone wants the amount they donated disclosed.

becca69
05-17-2017, 06:15 PM

No.

The Grand Prize winner is always disclosed (member name, not legal name address etc.)

There are quite a few donors that understandably don't want their name on a public "list" as to how much they donated. Most members are happy to say they donated, but not everyone wants the amount they donated disclosed.

Gotcha, I thought I remembered a list in years past but maybe it was just how many donated and not who...

Randall Flagg
05-17-2017, 06:27 PM
I mentioned how many specific people donated, and the total amount they donated, but NEVER disclosed who donated and how much.

It was mentioned to let people know that there were very few total donors, and thus a small pool that the winner would be chosen from. Nothing like the 1/1 million chance.

TravelinJack
05-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Nothing like the 1/1 million chance.

Soooooo you're telling me there is a chance?

Randall Flagg
05-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Nothing like the 1/1 million chance.

Soooooo you're telling me there is a chance?

Don't quote me on the exact odds, but without a doubt they are less than 1/1 million. Just a guess, but more like 1/1,000. There were only ~1,000 "tickets" last year and far less than 1,000 individual entrants. Some genius help me with the math, but at ~1,000 single tickets, and no single person allowed more than 10 tickets, the odds are less than 1/1,000 per donor.

webstar1000
05-18-2017, 05:11 AM
It is my dream to win this and have King put in a book what I want (hoping he does and he has in the past mind you)... NOWHERE else in the world can a King collector have this chance. THANKS RF for making that a possibility brother.

divemaster
05-18-2017, 05:16 AM

No.

Gotcha, I thought I remembered a list in years past but maybe it was just how many donated and not who...

Perhaps you are thinking about the "desktop art" (not sure what to really call it) Jerome put together with a list of donors? It had a DT-related backdrop and a list of names. You could choose to have your real name presented, or your forum name.

The Library Policeman
05-18-2017, 05:26 AM
Yeah that was the donation wall. Think that is done every year?

Randall Flagg
05-18-2017, 05:28 AM
Not sure why, but we didn't do a donation wall last year.

Here are previous year's walls:

2015 Donation Wall-$17,219.19 To The Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1441997088-2015%20wall%20v2.jpg)

2014 Donation Wall-$13,900.19 To The Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2014%20wall)

2013 Donation Wall- $12,066.19 To The Haven Foundation! (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2013%20donation%20wall)

2012 Donation Wall- $11,310 To the Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2012donationwall)

2011 Donation Wall-$7,700 To The Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2011donationwall)

The Library Policeman
05-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Just chipped in $100 :)

webstar1000
05-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Not sure why, but we didn't do a donation wall last year.

Here are previous year's walls:

2015 Donation Wall-$17,219.19 To The Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1441997088-2015%20wall%20v2.jpg)

2014 Donation Wall-$13,900.19 To The Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2014%20wall)

2013 Donation Wall- $12,066.19 To The Haven Foundation! (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2013%20donation%20wall)

2012 Donation Wall- $11,310 To the Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2012donationwall)

2011 Donation Wall-$7,700 To The Haven Foundation (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=2011donationwall)
What was 2016 again Rf?

Randall Flagg
05-18-2017, 12:01 PM
$16,319.19

jhanic
05-18-2017, 12:35 PM
!!!!!

John

stroppygoblin
05-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Just threw some more $$ in, high hopes this year! :evil:

Randall Flagg
05-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Just threw some more $$ in, high hopes this year! :evil:
Thanks.
As you probably know, my performance review is based upon comp sales (sales increase/decrease vs. one year ago). The last few years I haven't received a raise. Fortunately, I am paid $zero. Perhaps as important is that I haven't had a salary deduction, and perhaps even better (for myself and others who enjoy the forum) I am not the victim of a RIF.

Brian861
05-19-2017, 06:20 AM
I threw a 20 spot at it.

racerx45
05-19-2017, 05:29 PM
just added my $100. :)

ladysai
05-20-2017, 11:31 AM
Sent $31 from ebay auction!
The chapbook brought in more than I'd thought. :D

bdwyer19
05-21-2017, 01:13 PM
RF - When are the drawings going to be?

Randall Flagg
05-21-2017, 01:27 PM
Soon.
I've been a bit overwhelmed with the remodel at my house. Remodel should be done in ~ 7 days, but I go to NYC for the BookExpo in 9 days. Not a lot of time.
Best I can hope for is early June for the drawing of everything except for the Grand Prize (that is drawn by a 3rd party-usually Brian James Freeman from Cemetery Dance).
I'll keep everyone posted.

Not to mention that I might go crazy and upon return from NYC, hop over to Las Vegas for 24 hours of debauchery with stroppygoblin.

Merlin1958
05-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Soon.
I've been a bit overwhelmed with the remodel at my house. Remodel should be done in ~ 7 days, but I go to NYC for the BookExpo in 9 days. Not a lot of time.
Best I can hope for is early June for the drawing of everything except for the Grand Prize (that is drawn by a 3rd party-usually Brian James Freeman from Cemetery Dance).

Not to mention that I might go crazy and upon return from NYC, hop over to Las Vegas for 24 hours of debauchery with stroppygoblin.

I knew you were secretly into Goblins, you sick bastard!!!! lol lol

Brian, beside's I took a vote and I'm winning this year. Hadn't you heard? lol lol

stroppygoblin
05-21-2017, 02:05 PM

Yay! That would be tres cool- keep me posted!

Merlin1958
05-21-2017, 02:07 PM

Yay! That would be tres cool- keep me posted!

"Yay"? Oh, I can see this is a match made in heaven!!!!! Have at it gentlemen!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with that!!! lol lol lol

TCCBodhi
05-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Soon.

Let us know the date. We'll be roadtripping from June 11 starting in Phoenix, and Las Vegas is in the tentative plan, perhaps somewhere 6/15-21 somewhere.

Merlin1958
05-21-2017, 04:51 PM
All things considered and what not, I think we did a damn good job this year despite some fall off. Gotta thank, CD for their tremendous input and generosity. As always thanks to the contributing artists who manage to astound us year in and out. Many thanks to, El Jefe for all he does (you have no idea) and a very hearty and well meant "Thank you" to all the members here for another successful fundraiser!!!!! You folks are "GOLD"!!!!!!

Patrick
05-22-2017, 06:31 AM
All things considered and what not, I think we did a damn good job this year despite some fall off. Gotta thank, CD for their tremendous input and generosity. As always thanks to the contributing artists who manage to astound us year in and out. Many thanks to, El Jefe for all he does (you have no idea) and a very hearty and well meant "Thank you" to all the members here for another successful fundraiser!!!!! You folks are "GOLD"!!!!!!
Seconded!

stroppygoblin
05-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Soon.

Let us know the date. We'll be roadtripping from June 11 starting in Phoenix, and Las Vegas is in the tentative plan, perhaps somewhere 6/15-21 somewhere.

too late for me i'm afraid. I touch down in Las Vegas on Sat 3rd June and only have the afternoon/evening of the 3rd and most of the 4th.

tippy4
05-22-2017, 03:39 PM
How many "tickets" are in the pool?

Did we cross the $15,000 mark with the auctions that ended today?

Randall Flagg
05-22-2017, 06:15 PM

Not sure yet about tickets.
It is likely that after a few final expenses that we will exceed $15K true net to be forwarded to the HF.
There is the cost of the book the winner chooses, plus shipping to and from SK's office, as well as shipping to winner of the inscribed book that will have to be accounted for. It will be razor thin, but rest assured, I don't want to end up at $14.9K

jsweet
05-23-2017, 04:55 AM
That's pretty damn cool. I didn't win any auctions this year, but at least I helped drive up the price :)
Threw in my $50, too

Randall Flagg
05-23-2017, 02:15 PM

Still crunching the numbers, but there are less than 500 total tickets, and less than 100 unique entrants. Some math genius can correct me, but if I understand correctly, a person who donated enough for the max 10 entries has- ten 1/500 chances.
Best Grand Prize ratio of odds to benefit value on the 'net.

Randall Flagg
05-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Not to mention, that the winner can choose from six different titles the book they want personalized!

stroppygoblin
05-23-2017, 03:06 PM

Still crunching the numbers, but there are less than 500 total tickets, and less than 50 unique entrants. Some math genius can correct me, but if I understand correctly, a person who donated enough for the max 10 entries has- ten 1/500 chances.

so thats 1 in 50 chance of winning? I like those odds!

The Library Policeman
05-23-2017, 03:08 PM
Yep sounds good !! :)

TravelinJack
05-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Exciting!

Randall Flagg
05-23-2017, 03:25 PM

Still crunching the numbers, but there are less than 500 total tickets, and less than 50 unique entrants. Some math genius can correct me, but if I understand correctly, a person who donated enough for the max 10 entries has- ten 1/500 chances.

No. If a person donated $10, they have a 1/500 chance (still pretty good odds considering the prize), $20 means 2 tickets with a 1/500 chance, etc etc.. I'm not the math wiz, but that's what it works out to be

stroppygoblin
05-23-2017, 04:11 PM

No. If a person donated $10, they have a 1/500 chance (still pretty good odds considering the prize), $20 means 2 tickets with a 1/500 chance, etc etc.. I'm not the math wiz, but that's what it works out to be

Exactly, so 1 $10 ticket = 1 in 500 chance. 10 x 10$ tickets = 10 in 500 chance which is the same as 1 in 50. (i am a maths wiz...) :tongue:

Randall Flagg
05-24-2017, 04:47 AM
I corrected the wrong number I listed upthread. There are less than 100 unique entrants (not the 50 I mistakenly mentioned). Still less than 500 tickets.

webstar1000
05-24-2017, 05:02 AM
I corrected the wrong number I listed upthread. There are less than 100 unique entrants (not the 50 I mistakenly mentioned). Still less than 500 tickets.

Remind me when draw date is RF?

Randall Flagg
05-24-2017, 05:04 AM

Remind me when draw date is RF?
TBA

C1TIZEN_X
05-27-2017, 05:53 AM
I take it I'm too late to get in on this year's drawing... :(

Brian861
05-27-2017, 06:24 AM
I take it I'm too late to get in on this year's drawing... :(

Closed on the 19th I'm afraid.

Randall Flagg
05-27-2017, 09:53 AM
FYI, we do have one more item to auction. We are too close to going under $15K, so a kind person gave me permission to auction something they sent me as a media promotional item.
I think people are going to really want to win this item.
Details coming soon.

Shannon
05-28-2017, 06:34 AM
Media ... promotional ... item?

Could it be what I think it could be? Even though I already have one, I wouldn't mind owning all TMSG Dragonballs

Brian861
05-28-2017, 06:51 AM
The Mist promo would be pretty cool.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2017, 08:57 AM
I think the item is much more interesting than The Mist promo.

Br!an
05-28-2017, 09:10 AM
I'm thinking a proof copy provided by a member.

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-28-2017, 10:15 AM

Also what I was thinking :thumbsup:

Shannon
05-28-2017, 11:07 AM

Yeah, me too!

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-28-2017, 11:26 AM

Yeah, me too!

Great minds and all that...or we're all wrong :emot-roflolmao:

Ari_Racing
05-29-2017, 05:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I KNOW which item is if I recall correctly.

Brian861
05-29-2017, 07:19 AM
I think the item is much more interesting than The Mist promo.

Color me intrigued then.

Merlin1958
06-01-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I KNOW which item is if I recall correctly.

Do share!!!

Randall Flagg
06-03-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm a bit behind because of the New York trip.
I'll start the auction tomorrow.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1496520537-EOTD%20portfolio%20arcs.JPG

Br!an
06-06-2017, 10:59 AM

Yeah, me too!

Great minds and all that...or we're all wrong :emot-roflolmao:

It seems we are all right. :thumbsup:

Ari_Racing
06-06-2017, 03:43 PM
I was wrong. I thought it was SDCC Charlie the Choo-choo.

Randall Flagg
06-14-2017, 05:46 AM
Just mailed this check in:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1497447891-2017%20HF%20donation%20check.jpeg

stroppygoblin
06-14-2017, 05:50 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

becca69
06-14-2017, 06:20 AM
Sweet!

Br!an
06-14-2017, 06:20 AM
Clever!

6/13 - 19
2017 - 19
15,419.19 - 19 19 19

jhanic
06-14-2017, 06:46 AM
Just mailed this check in:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1497447891-2017%20HF%20donation%20check.jpeg

Awesome!!!

John

Randall Flagg
06-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Clever!

6/13 - 19
2017 - 19
15,419.19 - 19 19 19
I figured someone would notice. Good job.
I didn't have a check with a cool #.

stroppygoblin
06-14-2017, 07:08 AM
Clever!

6/13 - 19
2017 - 19
15,419.19 - 19 19 19

I don't know, check #1881 thats 1+8 and 8+1 = 99!

Br!an
06-14-2017, 09:01 AM
Clever!

6/13 - 19
2017 - 19
15,419.19 - 19 19 19

I don't know, check #1881 thats 1+8 and 8+1 = 99!

You could have used the next check #1882 = 19

jreitan47
06-14-2017, 09:19 AM
That is so freaking cool!! I LOVE seeing big checks go towards charity!

mattgreenbean
06-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Do you post a picture every year? I feel like this is the first time.

Merlin1958
06-14-2017, 02:45 PM

Every year.

Randall Flagg
06-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Usually.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1466386046-2016%20HF%20check%20908x424%20redacted.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1433274286-2015%20Haven%20Foundation%20Check-private.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1401991800-2014_Donation_check%20611x278.jpg

Patrick
06-15-2017, 06:28 PM
:clap: :rock:

Ari_Racing
06-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Nice!

Randall Flagg
06-29-2017, 08:55 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1498755315-2017%20HF%20receipt%20letter%20638x817.jpeg

Randall Flagg
07-14-2017, 06:02 PM
I want to publicly thank Bill Bender (merlin1958) for all that he has done to make our fundraisers successful.

Bill has for his own reasons decided to move on. Bill is still helping tie up a few projects, and then will step back and enjoy his retirement.

We all are thankful for everything Bill has done, and wish him the best in retirement (that sounds like a corporate PR, but it's tough to say it any other way).

Merlin1958
07-15-2017, 02:37 PM
I want to publicly thank Bill Bender (merlin1958) for all that he has done to make our fundraisers successful.

Bill has for his own reasons decided to move on. Bill is still helping tie up a few projects, and then will step back and enjoy his retirement.

We all are thankful for everything Bill has done, and wish him the best in retirement (that sounds like a corporate PR, but it's tough to say it any other way).

Am I exempt from contributing to site fee's as well? :confused:

Jon
07-16-2017, 02:57 PM
LOL

Bill's retirement.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/denny111/gol.jpg~original

Father Cody
02-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Donated with PayPal and selected “Personal” for payment type. There wasn’t an option named “Gift” so I wrote that in the notes section. Hope that works but if not I’ll send the difference.

Merlin1958
02-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Donated with PayPal and selected “Personal” for payment type. There wasn’t an option named “Gift” so I wrote that in the notes section. Hope that works but if not I’ll send the difference.