PDA

View Full Version : USPS New Years resolution 2017: To suck a little more this year

firemonkey66
01-12-2017, 11:14 PM
What has been going on with USPS lately? It's like the holidays just scrambles their brains from coast to coast.

I had two packages delivered on Monday - according to the tracking - and there's no sign of them. Two days later, one of them shows up in the front office of my apartment complex somehow, but the other one is still MIA and nobody knows anything about it. So I'm guessing that one package was wrongly delivered to some people who were nice enough to bring it to the front office, but the other one was wrongly delivered to some other people who weren't so nice? How do you go two for two reading electronically generated mailing labels incorrectly? Or the mailman just said 'fuck it' and decided to play mailbox roulette that day, I suppose.

I'm expecting another package that originated in Georgia that's currently in California for some unknown reason, and has been there for a confusing amount of time. I live in the northeast. They routed the package to one of the places in the contiguous United States that is literally the furthest from where I live. USPS just decided that my package needed to take a 6000 mile detour and see the California coast before getting to me? Don't worry, USPS, I didn't want to receive that book this month.

I sent a package the other day to a state just one state over from me. According to the tracking it has visited 2 different states since I dropped it off at the post office 3 days ago, but it is now at a USPS facility in my state once again. And that facility is actually further from the package's destination than it was when I handed it to the mailman. It has taken 3 days to get 200 miles further away than it was originally. I could have stood on the front steps of the post office, closed my eyes, and thrown it in a random direction as hard as I could and it would still have been 200 miles closer to getting where it was going than it is after 3 days in the hands of the USPS.

Ahhhh, I needed that. Anybody else want to vent?

Pasiuk57
01-13-2017, 04:37 AM
Let's face it-the USPS is truly not run well at all. High prices, crazed prices to send anything from the USA to Europe or simply outside the USA, the slowness by the tellers. Sadly it is not run like a business, in my opinion.
I have so many horror stories with them in our city over the years, I could write a book.
I wish someone could overhaul the whole system. I doubt it would happen but.
I just love it when the line is out the door, three people are working(and that is rare) and then one leaves.
Anyway, not much of a vent-just reality sadly...

wizardsrainbow
01-13-2017, 05:14 AM
What can we expect? It is a US Government operation.

jsweet
01-13-2017, 06:15 AM
On the other hand, at least they did recognize Kris Kringle to be the one and only Santa Claus
(Sorry, couldn't resist) :)

https://youtu.be/jagJeaLXRRQ

Theli
01-13-2017, 06:27 AM
I have so many horror stories with them in our city over the years, I could write a book.

Just don't have that book shipped by USPS if you want it to arrive in one piece.

Cwalker
01-13-2017, 06:30 AM
Have had a book sitting in Denver since the 8th, destined for Maine, scheduled for today. Still in Denver accoring to the tracking...

Kingfan24
01-13-2017, 09:00 AM
Yeah some idiot on eBay shipped something via media mail in December and it never arrived. Probably sitting behind some machine or in the back of some truck somewhere.

Pasiuk57
01-13-2017, 05:34 PM
I've been shipping everything priority because it is at least insured for $50. Besides the fact I wrap everything great, I do not have to wait in line to mail boxes to the USA. Just go to the machine and not deal with people in line who are afraid to use the easy machine. I hate it when the people in front of me want stamps or want to mail something they could have used the machine for. Sadly mailing items to Europe does not work on the machines.

dnemec
01-13-2017, 05:36 PM

Just don't have that book shipped by USPS if you want it to arrive in one piece.

Lately, they have all been bad. So far this year, I have had boxes destroyed by UPS, Fedex, USPS. Not bad for only January 13!

Randall Flagg
01-13-2017, 05:41 PM
There is 3rd party software that allows easy USA shipping. Depending on how much you ship (outside of ebay PP as you can use their mailing software), it's ~$25 a year. A small scale (10lb. limit) is often included as an introductory offer. I handle it at home and then drop off the pre-labled package at the post office (no line) or many different local vendors that accept pre-labled UPS, USPS, Fedex packages free of charge.

Papaseraphim
01-14-2017, 03:04 PM
I ordered JK POTTER THE ART OF SKELETON CREW and seller shipped USPS on 12/27 seller shipped same day from Washington state. Tracking showed item left Federal Way, WA on the 29th and I am still waiting for it! :mad1:

Br!an
01-15-2017, 08:10 AM
You can purchase and print your shipping labels on PayPal for free. They even provide the discount. https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/

I like walking past the line to place my pre-paid package on the counter. It's even more fun walking back out! Smiling as I go. :evil:

dnemec
01-15-2017, 08:35 AM
You can purchase and print your shipping labels on PayPal for free. They even provide the discount. https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/

I like walking past the line to place my pre-paid package on the counter. It's even more fun walking back out! Smiling as I go. :evil:

It is great, isn't it?!

herbertwest
01-15-2017, 08:51 AM
Wondering : in France we have a couple of companies that allows cheap shipping within France or with Belgium. They dont deliver to your address but to a local business, would something similar exist between europe & usa?

Randall Flagg
04-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Bit of a pleasant surprise the other day. I wasn't home when a package came, and the Postal delivery person told my son that $4.40 postage was due for the box. My son had no change, so he gave her a $5 bill.
I was shocked they didn't send the book back immediately. I can't remember the last package I received "C.O.D."
Apparently the packaged was shipped at the 1 LB. rate, but actually weighed 1 LB. 4 ounces.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493588674-Postage%20due.jpeg

jsmcmullen92
05-01-2017, 05:30 AM
Bit of a pleasant surprise the other day. I wasn't home when a package came, and the Postal delivery person told my son that $4.40 postage was due for the box. My son had no change, so he gave her a $5 bill.
I was shocked they didn't send the book back immediately. I can't remember the last package I received "C.O.D."
Apparently the packaged was shipped at the 1 LB. rate, but actually weighed 1 LB. 4 ounces.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493588674-Postage%20due.jpeg

Did it come from CD? Mine was the same way but my mail guy didnt care and just left it for me. I figured it was just a fluke since I was not actually asked to pay.

Randall Flagg
05-01-2017, 05:56 AM
Did it come from CD? Mine was the same way but my mail guy didnt care and just left it for me. I figured it was just a fluke since I was not actually asked to pay.

Yes.

The next day, this was in the mail (my 60 cents change from $5):

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493646879-Change%20due.JPG

jsmcmullen92
05-01-2017, 06:32 AM
HAH at least they left you change.