PDA

View Full Version : Mention of Straub's Floating Dragon?

St. Troy
11-22-2016, 11:13 AM
I seem to recall that, somewhere in King's writing, one of his fictional characters mentioned Peter Straub's novel Floating Dragon, but I can't recall what book this was or what was said about it. I believe it was around 15 - 20 years ago, as I saw this (King's mention) before ever having read FD, which I first did over 10 years ago.

Of course it's no good googling this...

Does anyone recall this?

stroppygoblin
11-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Tommyknockers. Bobby thinks of the book when she uncovers the spaceship

But I’m not sure that’s what’s going on at all, you know. There’s a novel by a man named Peter Straub called Floating Dragon—have you read it?”
Gardener had shaken his head.
“Well, it postulates something similar to your Agent Orange from Space or Paraquat of the Gods or whatever you called it.”
Gardener smiled.

ladysai
11-22-2016, 05:32 PM
Good job finding the quote, stroppy!

St. Troy
11-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Thanks

Jon
12-16-2016, 08:55 PM

But I’m not sure that’s what’s going on at all, you know. There’s a novel by a man named Peter Straub called Floating Dragon—have you read it?”
“Well, it postulates something similar to your Agent Orange from Space or Paraquat of the Gods or whatever you called it.”
Gardener smiled.

Wow... that takes me back to my 4th favorite King book. Thanks Stroppy!!

Brian861
12-24-2016, 05:43 PM

Gardener smiled.

Wow... that takes me back to my 4th favorite King book. Thanks Stroppy!!

Ugh.