PDA

View Full Version : 1 Owner needed for DT.org Fantasy Football League

Lookwhoitis
08-30-2016, 04:40 PM
Due to one off boards owner quitting the league (and not even telling us about it), our draft is dead in the water and time is ticking down toward the kickoff of the NFL season.

Please come post in the fantasy football league thread if you are at all interested.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?8662-DT.com-Fantasy-Football-League&p=1018281&viewfull=1#post1018281

The League is a Dynasty all keeper format, so the rookie 3 round expansion draft is very important.

You would be taking over a previous owners team and get three more roster spots to expand the team.

Mods can you please leave this up so it gets some visibility? then we can merge or 86 it after our spot is filled.

we highly desire that a boards member takes over the team and prefer one that is at least semi-active in posting.

Post in this thread or the DT.org Fantasy football thread or get in touch with RUBE the commish.

fernandito
08-31-2016, 10:19 AM
I went ahead and Stickied the thread up on the sub forum.

Good luck on your search!

Lookwhoitis
08-31-2016, 07:14 PM
appreciate it man! We got our owner (Still Servant) so you can trash (or merge) this post at your convenience

Thankee sai!

RUBE
07-06-2017, 06:01 PM
We have another opening in the league this year. If anyone is interested please see Lookwhoitis' description of the league in the first post above. If you decide you would like to join, please send me a PM with your email. I will take the first person that contacts me but please only reach out if you are going to be active and manage your team.

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 03:36 PM
From past experience I am a little hesitant to re-enter. My other FF leagues fully embrace "Trash Talking" and good fun. To me, that is a big part of it all. If, you guys are willing to at least meet me halfway I'll go for it.

However, if I should say that I'm going "balls deep" on your team or, that you are a "Ball licking, Taint teasing, Titan fan" I hope you will know it is meant in good fun and respond in kind!!!! I can still respect you in the morning and remain friends!!! lol lol

Of course, if you are a "Pole licking, tea bagged, Patriot fan" all bets are off!!! lol lol lol

That is MY fucking trophy after all!!!! lol lol lol :clap:

RUBE
07-09-2017, 04:27 PM
I think I can deal with that. Welcome back Bill.

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 04:34 PM
I think I can deal with that. Welcome back Bill.

As long as the other members are okay with me and my, ahem crap and so forth. Let's get it on!!!

If the other members are not "Okay" with it and willing to participate on some level. I understand.

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Rube, your message folder is full. I'll post my reply here in full disclosure.

Jeremy,

Okay, but I'd hope you would get some kind of consensus from the others. I really don't want to just jump in as it was before. If they are cool, I'm cool. Given what you can expect from me. otherwise, good luck I hold no grudge or anything. Okay?

Wild Bill

Still Servant
07-09-2017, 05:45 PM
From past experience I am a little hesitant to re-enter. My other FF leagues fully embrace "Trash Talking" and good fun. To me, that is a big part of it all. If, you guys are willing to at least meet me halfway I'll go for it.

However, if I should say that I'm going "balls deep" on your team or, that you are a "Ball licking, Taint teasing, Titan fan" I hope you will know it is meant in good fun and respond in kind!!!! I can still respect you in the morning and remain friends!!! lol lol

Of course, if you are a "Pole licking, tea bagged, Patriot fan" all bets are off!!! lol lol lol

How is that any different than what you've been doing around here for the last 10 years?

:unsure:

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 05:47 PM

How is that any different than what you've been doing around here for the last 10 years?

Okay, forget it. You're right. best to leave it alone. Have a great season, guys!!!!

Still Servant
07-09-2017, 05:53 PM

Okay, forget it. You're right. best to leave it alone. Have a great season, guys!!!!

:lol:

I was just fucking with you. If you're one of those "I can dish it but can't take it guys" then maybe you should rethink it.

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 05:57 PM

I was just fucking with you. If you're one of those "I can dish it but can't take it guys" then maybe you should rethink it.

Oh, I am not, but I also do not need a target on my back. You guys have fun. I'm out. I really don't need this shit. Especially from you guys. Been there, done that.

Still Servant
07-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Whatever. I really was just kidding around. I was just trying to be funny, I wouldn't have said anything if I knew you'd react like that.

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Whatever. I really was just kidding around. I was just trying to be funny, I wouldn't have said anything if I knew you'd react like that.

Whatever, you know what? You can be a real "dick". :dick:

Still Servant
07-09-2017, 06:19 PM

Examples. Go.

I don't say shit to you half the time unless you're railing on Matt.

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 06:22 PM

Examples. Go.

Obviously, this is not a good idea. You guys go get 'em!!!

Still Servant
07-09-2017, 06:22 PM

Examples. Go.

Obviously, this is not a good idea. You guys go get 'em!!!

Hush mode. That's what I thought.

RUBE
07-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Well that went bad really fast...

So there is an open spot available....

Still Servant
07-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Well that went bad really fast...

So there is an open spot available....

Yeah, that was my bad. I'll take the hit on that one. I apologize to the league. That was not my intention.

SpaceMaN
07-11-2017, 05:51 AM
Well it was me the first time. Why I just don't say anything anymore.

Still Servant
07-11-2017, 05:02 PM
I wasn't around for his first time in the league, but my thinking is that if he left under controversial circumstances the first time, then it might be better off if he doesn't rejoin.

I like Bill, but when I've tried joking with him in the past, he gets bent out of shape really quick, yet he expects everybody to understand when he fucks with them. Exhibit A above.

People shouldn't have to walk on eggshells when he's around not knowing what's going to set him off.

Lookwhoitis
07-11-2017, 07:19 PM
who quit the league?

DoctorZaius
07-11-2017, 08:23 PM

Actually, it's my trophy right now. In the home of a Pats fan no less. A season ticket holder in fact.

Lookwhoitis
07-12-2017, 05:00 PM

Actually, it's my trophy right now. In the home of a Pats fan no less. A season ticket holder in fact.

grrrr :mad:

RUBE
07-13-2017, 04:20 AM
I came to bump this thread up but I see it is already active.

We still need an owner if anyone is interested.

If you want to ask questions about the league first, send me a message and I will gladly answer them.

If you want to join, please don't wait. Just send me an email address.

SpaceMaN
07-13-2017, 02:57 PM
I wasn't around for his first time in the league, but my thinking is that if he left under controversial circumstances the first time, then it might be better off if he doesn't rejoin.

I like Bill, but when I've tried joking with him in the past, he gets bent out of shape really quick, yet he expects everybody to understand when he fucks with them. Exhibit A above.

People shouldn't have to walk on eggshells when he's around not knowing what's going to set him off.

LOL LOL LLOL LO LLLLO OOL OLO LOLOOLOOLLL

SpaceMaN
07-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Seriously though, anyone who laughs that much should be suspect to begin with.

RUBE
07-13-2017, 07:06 PM
I came to bump this thread up but I see it is already active.

We still need an owner if anyone is interested.

If you want to ask questions about the league first, send me a message and I will gladly answer them.

If you want to join, please don't wait. Just send me an email address.

Bump. So this is on this page.

RUBE
07-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Bueller, Bueller...

Still Servant
07-16-2017, 02:34 PM
There has to be a lurker around here that wants to play FF.

RUBE
07-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Bump

RUBE
07-20-2017, 06:50 AM
Just a FYI about the team that is available:

The team has some good young WRs in Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, and Corey Coleman. It's strong point used to be RB but it is now a little old there with Peterson, Gore, and Blount. But any or all of those players could have good years this year. It has two decent QBs in Rivers and Manning.

Best of all, you will have the 3rd overall pick and have a shot at some of the best rookie talent this year. There are three really good rookie RBs I can think of off the top of my head.

What I am getting at is this team is not a bad one to join the league with and could get competitive really quick. The team finished 6-8 but the middle six teams in the league were all 6-8 or 7-7. One more win and the team could have jumped up the final standings.

The last two winners of the league picked in the first three of the draft the year they won. That means quick turn arounds are possible.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

(He made it official so I thought it would be OK to mention now.)

Still Servant
07-20-2017, 06:31 PM

The team has some good young WRs in Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, and Corey Coleman. It's strong point used to be RB but it is now a little old there with Peterson, Gore, and Blount. But any or all of those players could have good years this year. It has two decent QBs in Rivers and Manning.

Best of all, you will have the 3rd overall pick and have a shot at some of the best rookie talent this year. There are three really good rookie RBs I can think of off the top of my head.

What I am getting at is this team is not a bad one to join the league with and could get competitive really quick. The team finished 6-8 but the middle six teams in the league were all 6-8 or 7-7. One more win and the team could have jumped up the final standings.

The last two winners of the league picked in the first three of the draft the year they won. That means quick turn arounds are possible.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

(He made it official so I thought it would be OK to mention now.)

Whomever takes over this team, I will immediately offer a trade for the #3 overall pick. I'm trying to move into the top 3, but I haven't heard back from anybody yet.

RUBE
07-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Bump

DoctorZaius
07-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Come on and join in the fun! I took over a team about three years ago, and look where I wound up. Perhaps your name could be next!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_3269.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_32721.jpg

Jon
07-29-2017, 06:52 PM

Payton Manning has retired, Mel Blount is almost 70 years old and Doc Rivers is a basketball guy...WTF are you folks trying to pull?? LOL

RUBE
07-30-2017, 05:49 AM
Ha, ha... That would be Eli, LeGarrette, and Phillip; just in case anyone was unsure.

Jon, I know you expressed interest in joining but didn't like the idea of having to take over a team. But that team doesn't look so bad, does it? You would have a high draft pick as well.

The other thing is that eventually we will start over again. If you join now you will already be in the league for whenever that happens.

Lookwhoitis
07-30-2017, 06:01 AM
hell no to starting over

DoctorZaius
07-30-2017, 06:30 AM
No to starting over, but what about a smaller number for keepers? Say 20? If it will entice someone on the fence about joining.

Lookwhoitis
07-30-2017, 06:56 AM
still wondering who quit the league lol :D

Lookwhoitis
07-30-2017, 07:02 AM
No to starting over, but what about a smaller number for keepers? Say 20? If it will entice someone on the fence about joining.

I dont think it is about the format. I just think that it is still too early for some folks to even be thinking about football (unlike us full timers lol)

Training camps have started. Media coverage is picking up. Sooner or later someone will get the urge. I still say that with only a three pick draft we have plenty of time to get it done.

I'm contemplating rolling out the "Draft from scratch, Betts Books gift certificate, IDP Fantasy Football challenge" that I had the idea for last year, but haven't done so yet because i'm not trying to "poach" someone from filling the last seat.

Merlin1958
07-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Come on and join in the fun! I took over a team about three years ago, and look where I wound up. Perhaps your name could be next!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_3269.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_32721.jpg

Nothing inferred or anything, but that's the first time I believe I have seen the trophy. Gotta say, boys, looking real good!!! Good luck with the season and all. :clap::clap::clap:

RUBE
08-03-2017, 07:29 PM
I know that most of you probably had something else on your mind tonight but the NFL preseason started. Football is here!

We have an opening for a team manager. Now is the time to join!

Send me a message if you are interested.

RUBE
08-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Time's running out.

If you are interested in joining the fantasy football league, send me a message this week.

SpaceMaN
08-08-2017, 08:23 AM
If need be to make the league go, I'll drop out. I'm over sports and all the ego involved.