PDA

View Full Version : Great Music - Playoffs Round 1: 1965-1969 (Bracket 2 of 8)

mae
08-11-2016, 01:54 PM
For this playoffs poll, please choose one track to move on to the next round.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWF2mBT4eE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj8W_vomHQg

Ben Staad
08-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Must be an issue on my end but none of these links are loading/working. Maybe I need to update something.

mae
08-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Might just need to restart your browser or PC?

mae
08-11-2016, 02:41 PM
This one's really tough. "Nights" is so beautiful, but by a hair I have to go with the more iconic song.

Tommy
08-11-2016, 08:20 PM
MB's but I think I prefer the shorter version.

Jon
08-11-2016, 09:49 PM
I went with Nights In White Satin. I am no particular Beatles fan but I give them props for the metal roots in Revolution and Helter Skelter...an Honorable Mention "Metal" for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

mae
08-13-2016, 10:18 AM
MB's but I think I prefer the shorter version.

The video is the full album version.

Ben Staad
08-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Still can't view any of the videos on these threads. Elsewhere I'm fine however these links aren't working for me. I updated a few things but it didn't work...Guess I'm to computer illiterate to correct this. :-(

mae
08-13-2016, 12:52 PM
They're just YouTube videos. If you click on the title or the YouTube logo, it should open a new page directly on YouTube, so maybe that'll work.

Ben Staad
08-14-2016, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. When I click on the videos it does take me to youtube but not to the video. I just end up on the main youtube page. I'm sure something will auto update soon and correct this whole issue.

They're just YouTube videos. If you click on the title or the YouTube logo, it should open a new page directly on YouTube, so maybe that'll work.

Iwritecode
08-15-2016, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. When I click on the videos it does take me to youtube but not to the video. I just end up on the main youtube page. I'm sure something will auto update soon and correct this whole issue.

I'm having the same issue. Not sure what happened.

mae
08-15-2016, 06:00 AM
Check if your Flash player is updated and is not blocked by the browser. You can try setting YouTube to use the new HTML5 player if it isn't already: https://www.youtube.com/html5

Ben Staad
08-15-2016, 06:01 AM
Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you figure it out. I hadn't changed browsers as I only have one downloaded so maybe I will do that. Good luck and fyi I'm using google chrome.

I'm having the same issue. Not sure what happened.

St. Troy
08-15-2016, 06:49 AM
Not to turn this into a tech thread, but I too have not been able to view YouTube videos on TDT threads for the last week or so (but strangely, the Dark Tower film one on the site's front page does work). I've tried a few Google Chrome settings tweaks, but nothing has worked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Iwritecode
08-15-2016, 11:47 AM
Not to turn this into a tech thread, but I too have not been able to view YouTube videos on TDT threads for the last week or so (but strangely, the Dark Tower film one on the site's front page does work). I've tried a few Google Chrome settings tweaks, but nothing has worked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem on on a completely separate message board. One other person there is also is reporting the same problem.

Yet there is a third board that I'm a part of where the embedded videos work just fine. Googling the problem only shows people that had this issue a few years ago. Nothing recent. No idea what's going on.

mae
08-18-2016, 02:22 PM
The poll has closed. "Yesterday" will face The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black (1966) in the second round.