PDA

View Full Version : Is the DT saga really over?

Letti
08-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Would you like the series to be longer? More books or something?
I am sure we all love it a lot but I guess there are some who think it's good as it is.
We will see.

Jean
08-29-2007, 10:38 PM
can you make it a poll, love?

I wouldn't like it to be any longer - it's perfect as it is, structure, composition and all - but I would like to see some additional stories, not directly included in the series (like Sisters)

Letti
08-29-2007, 10:56 PM
There is a poll here, Jean. I have done it.
Can you not see it?

Jean
08-29-2007, 10:58 PM
I can now. I am not sure these two options are exhaustive. Maybe someone wouldn't like it to be longer because it's already awfully long and boring...

Letti
08-29-2007, 11:03 PM
You are right... I gave another option, too.

MonteGss
08-30-2007, 03:13 AM
I voted no. I would love more tie-in stories though. :)

Wuducynn
08-30-2007, 05:09 AM
I voted no. I would love more tie-in stories though. :)

Seconded. Like I'm hoping Black House 2 is going to be...

Matt
08-30-2007, 06:09 AM
I voted yes because I would eat up any further Roland stories with a spoon.

funky dredd
08-30-2007, 06:48 AM

Same here. I would like something earlier like Little Sisters though!

Daghain
08-30-2007, 07:41 AM
I third Monte and CK. :)

Matt
08-30-2007, 07:44 AM
So lets say that King decided to write Roland: The End.

You guys wouldn't be interested?

Wuducynn
08-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Who ever said I wouldn't be interested? The question for the poll is "Would you like the series to be longer?" right? ;)

Matt
08-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Not me, it was a question Matthew. :lol:

The idea is that the story is complete. If SK wrote a book called The Dark Tower VIII--Rolands final loop.

I would be cool with that.

Wuducynn
08-30-2007, 08:21 AM
I feel the series is perfect as is and doesn't need extra books. I would love more connected books that add little tantelizing bits and new knowledge of the Dark Tower books, like the end stories of the comic books are. But if King all of a sudden came up with new Dark Tower books? HELL YEAH.

Matt
08-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Well there you go.

sarah
08-30-2007, 08:32 AM

The idea is that the story is complete. If SK wrote a book called The Dark Tower VIII--Rolands final loop.

well i seriously doubt it would ever happen. when stephen kings basically says this is it, don't complain to me and fuck off then i think he means it.

:lol:

Matt
08-30-2007, 08:39 AM
:rofl:

I totally agree. The chances that we will have anymore on that particular story line are slim to none.

Hannah
08-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I hate endings. I'd rather books go on forever, so I voted longer.

fernandito
08-30-2007, 08:36 PM

You read my mind amigo. In fact, I will never stop hoping that someday King will actually get to writing this.

Frunobulax
08-31-2007, 07:58 AM
As it stands, to me, it's of a fine length and the comics keep adding extra parts right now. But the series proper in book format does not need to be longer, excluding further future revisions.

flair
10-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I would never fully leave The Dark Tower world if I didn't have to. That is, if he kept it interesting and wanted to keep going, I would keep buying them up and reading greedily. I never really cared to reach the tower personally, I had much more fun on the journey to it.

ZoNeSeeK
10-02-2007, 10:02 PM
even though i think the series is perfect as it is theres no way i wouldnt want more stories involving the ka-tet ;)

Storyslinger
10-03-2007, 07:16 AM
YES Zone, i'd want more ka-tet, do you mean the first or second or both?

Jean
10-03-2007, 07:40 AM
it's a good question, yes: what do you mean when you say the ka-tet? I always mean the second one.

Letti
10-04-2007, 12:28 AM
it's a good question, yes: what do you mean when you say the ka-tet? I always mean the second one.
I guess most of us do.

Jean
10-04-2007, 12:52 AM
I kinda took it for granted until I saw (at .net) that for many people the "real" ka-tet is the first one.

Matt
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
I always considered the second "the" katet.

But really, I believe in the end, they were basically the same.

Jean
10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I always considered the second "the" katet.

But really, I believe in the end, they were basically the same.
yes; it ultimately depends on whether or not someone believes in Ka, and it being a wheel. For me the two ka-tets are absolutely different, and Eddie is not Cuthbert re-incarnate or even Cuthbert's Twinner, etc.

Oops - that's for another thread. Sorry.

MonteGss
10-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Yes, I think we could have an entire thread arguing whether or not that is true Jean. :)

Matt
10-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Great idea for one, that's for sure.

I create about 20 a day in the catalog so I will leave that up to someone else.

Not which one you liked but weather or not they were essentially the same.

Ikilledthecrimsonking
10-10-2007, 12:09 PM
no way the dark tower is as good as it gets u dont want
it to be like the matrix sequils do you

Harrald
10-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I think I could go for another book. Not a continuation but a deeper look into Rolands world. Either him as a child or a closer look at one of the places he (and his Ka-Tet) passed through.

cozener
11-16-2007, 06:38 PM
I'd love to have more about Roland's adventures after Jericho Hill and before the Mohaine Desert. I suppose that would fall into the "prequel" catagory.

I also wouldn't mind if King wrote another Dark Tower about the next cycle but it would be more interesting to me if the ka-tet changed, having Roland draw some more characters from King's other books. I always thought that Dayna Jurgens from the Stand would have made a great member of the ka-tet...definately a gunslinger if there ever was one. Maybe draw Danny Torrance from The Shining to take on the "Jake" part of the ka-tet or even Halloran...the "shine" and the "touch" being similar if not the same things.

Ruthful
11-16-2007, 07:13 PM
well i seriously doubt it would ever happen. when stephen kings basically says this is it, don't complain to me and fuck off then i think he means it.

Yeah, it would be a bit of a climb-down for him at this point to publish The Dark Tower VIII: Roland's Revenge.

fernandito
11-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I also wouldn't mind if King wrote another Dark Tower about the next cycle but it would be more interesting to me if the ka-tet changed, having Roland draw some more characters from King's other books. I always thought that Dayna Jurgens from the Stand would have made a great member of the ka-tet...definately a gunslinger if there ever was one. Maybe draw Danny Torrance from The Shining to take on the "Jake" part of the ka-tet or even Halloran...the "shine" and the "touch" being similar if not the same things.

This is fucking brilliant. :)

Jean
11-16-2007, 11:54 PM
there's something both appealing and repelling for me about this idea... the former, because sure it would be great to see all those people again, and you're right, they would perfectly fit into the context... but on the other hand, it would somehow subtract from the existence they already have, would somehow diminish what they already are, as if their life (and, in case of some, death) was something that needed some other, external, completion.

Kyonn
11-17-2007, 11:00 PM
I would love that if, say, 10 or 15 years from now King told the story of Roland's last go 'round through the loop and how he finds salvation. Unfortunately I don't think Sai King will ever tell that tale

TerribleT
11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't know about longer, but I'd definitely love to see some of the tangents filled out. I'd love to know a lot more about Alain, Cuthbert, and a lot of other characters.

myishi
11-22-2007, 03:20 AM

+1.

LadyHitchhiker
11-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I want more to the story be that in story tie-ins, or be that him doing revised editions of the books. I just have too many questions left.

_Sphynx_
11-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Eh... I'm kinda torn on this. On the one hand, I can't get enough of this series, and like someone mentioned before me, I'd love to know more about Jericho Hill and the like. But on the other hand, I've seen far to many series' just keep going and getting worse. Sometimes they have to end before you want them to, so they stay good.

Matt
11-26-2007, 01:19 PM
That's very true, I guess I wouldn't mind another story but I think this Roland, this katet, should be pretty much over

Storyslinger
11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
I agree, I don't want to meet with the current ka-tet any more. I want some tie-ins and lots of back story

Letti
11-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Yesyes. Some time we must say goodbye to our loved characters. And in our minds they exist and live forever.

Storyslinger
11-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Yesyes. Some time we must say goodbye to our loved characters. And in our minds they exist and live forever.

You have given words to what I feel, Thank You

ATG
01-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Simple poll.

Jean
01-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I can't vote, because my answer is "both".

Nerak
01-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Technically, this isn't an addition, it's just a reprint...

jayson
01-29-2008, 07:17 AM
I don't know that King is "done" with DT in a permanent way. I think if he hears the song again, we may get something else like Little Sisters, that deals with Roland, or his world, or his backstory, or something.

Storyslinger
01-29-2008, 08:14 AM
I hope there are more, smaller story additions to come.

MonteGss
01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't know that King is "done" with DT in a permanent way. I think if he hears the song again, we may get something else like Little Sisters, that deals with Roland, or his world, or his backstory, or something.

I absolutely see this happening. In fact, I see King creating new connector stories more than additional stories. Does that make sense? Not so much another Little Sisters but maybe more novels with good DT connections like Desperation/Regulators or It, etc.

ATG
01-29-2008, 08:41 AM
He referred to the DT as a first draft, implying that he intended to revise them all same as The Gunslinger.

My contention is that there are other connections to the DT not listed here on this website.
Liseys Story, I believe is connected to the DT, or he wasn't over it when he wrote it and it slipped in. Booya Moon.

Wuducynn
01-29-2008, 08:48 AM
I absolutely see this happening. In fact, I see King creating new connector stories more than additional stories. Does that make sense? Not so much another Little Sisters but maybe more novels with good DT connections like Desperation/Regulators or It, etc.

Yes, definitely other connector stories but ones with close Dark Tower connections, the ones you listed weren't that close. I'm talking about like Black House and your favorite non-DT book, Insomnia.

MonteGss
01-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Oh, I can see that happening too CK...afterall, we are getting another Jack book someday, I hope. I'm not sure I could take another Insomnia type though. :lol:

sarah
01-29-2008, 08:59 AM
comics!

There will be more for a long time, I think.

MonteGss
01-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Jeez, please don't state the obvious answer maerlyn. :P :lol:

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Oh, I can see that happening too CK...afterall, we are getting another Jack book someday, I hope. I'm not sure I could take another Insomnia type though. :lol:

Insomnia type? Because it was such a joy that you're afraid that another paradigm shattering experience might stretch the fabric of your existence in an irrevocable way?

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I hope there might be some more DT stories but I get the feeling that he is done with it. To my knowledge, he hasn't done any revisions past the gunslinger. The rushed feeling to the final installments lead me to believe that he is glad they are done if for no other reason than they have ceased to loom over his head. I mean really, what comes after the final novel of your magnum opus? I'm sure King appreciates the comics because they give DT junkies a fix and he doesn't have to be considerably involved.

As for the Jack story. I sincerely hope so, but does anyone even know if him and Straub have even talked about it or began any of the writing process?

Darkthoughts
01-29-2008, 10:10 AM
My contention is that there are other connections to the DT not listed here on this website.

The books listed in the Tower Connections section were put up there by Matt, possibly because they're the deliberate or most obvious connectors.
Alot of books however allude to DT, I'm seeing some evidence of that in Duma Key - and I also had a feel of the Tower in Lisey's Story.

As I reread King's works I'll be sure to add any missing connectors. For the more tenuous links I'm thinking I could amalgamate the books that fall into that category into a "Touched by the Tower" section or something :)

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM

The books listed in the Tower Connections section were put up there by Matt, possibly because they're the deliberate or most obvious connectors.
Alot of books however allude to DT, I'm seeing some evidence of that in Duma Key - and I also had a feel of the Tower in Lisey's Story.

As I reread King's works I'll be sure to add any missing connectors. For the more tenuous links I'm thinking I could amalgamate the books that fall into that category into a "Touched by the Tower" section or something :)

*anxiously awaiting amalgamation*

Darkthoughts
01-29-2008, 10:25 AM
*hopes Jude is not too anxious as I have many books to go* :D

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 10:34 AM
*develops drinking problem*

Darkthoughts
01-29-2008, 10:35 AM
*is in good company, mine is flourishing* :lol:

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 10:37 AM

Matt
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM

That is correct, it was a basic thing established on time honored "known" connections. The fact that it is growing in to more than that gives me a huge fuzzy. :wub:

I love the "touched by the Tower" idea, I bet in one way or another, we could put all of Kings books under there.

funky dredd
01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
I voted No because I don't see him writing any more novels on it. I think we will see some short stories at some point though.

Darkthoughts
01-29-2008, 01:58 PM
That is correct, it was a basic thing established on time honored "known" connections. The fact that it is growing in to more than that gives me a huge fuzzy. :wub:
Yay! Fuzzy Matt :huglove:

I love the "touched by the Tower" idea, I bet in one way or another, we could put all of Kings books under there.
Cool, I'm in the slow but steady process of rereading everything and keeping notes as I go ;)

Malficeus
01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
as much as i want there to be more in my heart i fell like there will not be maybe more comics like gunslinger born but probably not stories......sad

Wuducynn
01-31-2008, 09:51 PM
as much as i want there to be more in my heart i fell like there will not be maybe more comics like gunslinger born but probably not stories......sad

Ummm, what?

timtempest6
02-03-2008, 05:20 PM
i would love to read the the story of the tet corporation

LadyHitchhiker
02-03-2008, 06:54 PM
That's very true, I guess I wouldn't mind another story but I think this Roland, this katet, should be pretty much over

There are other stories than these...
:fairy: :excited:

movieman19
02-04-2008, 01:56 AM

Ummm, what?

:rofl: if you read it very slowly you can understand it. There are not any punctuation which is impressive. I have a friend that does this and I have the same reaction as you when we IM each other. A 5 minute conversation can take up about 20 minutes:lol:

I've heard that this is a somewhat of a prequel to the series so I figured it would be pretty easy to find. I looked and looked and never found it. Is this hard to find?

Also, other than this story what are the main novels that deal alot with the series? I've read The Stand and most of It. I know most of his books have little things regarding TDT but what are the main books other than the two I just mentioned above. I'd love to find out so I can read them.

blackrose22
02-04-2008, 03:28 AM
I voted no as I think the seven books are as good as you can get. And I don't think I could stand the wait for another book in the series. Would love it if King wrote some short stories along the lines of the Sisters involving some of the characters like Jonas after he was sent west and travelled between worlds. That's a story I would love to read.

lophophoras
02-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Hard to say. Since so many of his books and stories are tied to it. In my own personal opinion, I hope he keeps it alive and well.

Brice
02-04-2008, 04:54 AM

Ummm, what?

:rofl: if you read it very slowly you can understand it. There are not any punctuation which is impressive. I have a friend that does this and I have the same reaction as you when we IM each other. A 5 minute conversation can take up about 20 minutes:lol:

I've heard that this is a somewhat of a prequel to the series so I figured it would be pretty easy to find. I looked and looked and never found it. Is this hard to find?

Also, other than this story what are the main novels that deal alot with the series? I've read The Stand and most of It. I know most of his books have little things regarding TDT but what are the main books other than the two I just mentioned above. I'd love to find out so I can read them.

Definitely read Black House and Insomnia. Read Eyes Of The Dragon if you'd like a bit more of Flagg and 'Salem's Lot for more of Callahan's backstory.

Little Sisters of Eluria is in The anthology Legends and will be in an upcoming Grant limited.

Malficeus
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM

Ummm, what?

lol sorry guys i jump thought is my problem so what i originally think changes fast and i change the wording :unsure:

John Blaze
02-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I voted no, but only because you said Novels on yes. I believe he'll do backstories on some of his characters, but no full fledged novels.

jayson
02-08-2008, 05:02 AM
...only because you said Novels on yes. I believe he'll do backstories on some of his characters, but no full fledged novels.

which makes it odd the way the question is phrased since The Silmarillion is not a novel, but a collection of stories about related characters and events.

mia/susannah
02-17-2008, 03:32 PM
I hope Stephen will write more on The Dark Tower series. I am reading the Dark Tower 7, just got to the part where eddie got shot in the head, I love this series.

mia/susannah
04-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I voted yes, only because I would like one more book of Roland's final loop and then the story be over when he reaches the tower for the last and final time. :thumbsup:

CyberGhostface
04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Given how long the books ended up being, I'd say that seven books is enough. I'm sure there are critics who'd say that the series could be shortened by a book.

Mark
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd like it to be longer, i'd like More Eddie, Sussanah, Jake and Oy stories, rather than Cuthbert, Alain and Jamie de Curry. I'd also like a DTVIII about Roland's final loop, but i'm sure a lot of people out there would hate it, if the ending shouwed what was at the top of the tower. I'd really love to find out, but i'm naturally curious and hate "Loose ends".

wizardsrainbow
06-17-2008, 03:25 AM
bump

I voted no, but only because I do not believe Stephen will write more novels pertaining to the DT. I DO THINK he will revise some or all of the other books and think it likely that he writes some of the backstory. Now we will learn (and are learning at present) some of the backstory in Wizard & Glass with the Long Road Home comic arc and we have been told the story of Jerricho Hill will be told thru the comics. I think this will inspire King to write a more complete story in his own words regarding these events/topics because Marvel won't get it "just right."

blackrose22
06-17-2008, 03:49 AM
More back stories would be great. Can't see him writing another DT novel.

Scar
06-19-2008, 08:55 AM
I didn't realize there were other works directly linked to DT. I have just started book five. Should I have already read Little Sisters of Eluria? I already read Everything Eventual but it was some time ago and many books ago and definitely way before I started DT or even knew of Roland. (OMG! was there really life before DT?)
What books should I have already read (Besides the obvious 1,2,3 and 4) prior to starting WC? I know some books are thought to be "related" to DT like Lisley and others but what books would you consider imperative reading at this point?

John

alinda
06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
All things ( and books) serve the beam! I say read all of SK's books and
you'll find connections big & small abound in them all.
Books imperative:

The Talisman & Black House
Insomnia
Little Sisters
Eyes of the Dragon
IT

Oh bother, just start again....read them all! :D

alinda
06-19-2008, 09:51 AM
PS...As long as Sai King is alive, I believe he will
continue to hear the song anew, he wont be able
or be inclined to not listen again, I vote there MUST be more!

Brainslinger
06-21-2008, 06:01 AM
I didn't realize there were other works directly linked to DT. I have just started book five. Should I have already read Little Sisters of Eluria?

Litte Sisters is a self contained story really, set before The Gunslinger. I'd recommend you grab it, but don't worry, it shouldn't spoil any of the main series for you.

What books should I have already read (Besides the obvious 1,2,3 and 4) prior to starting WC? I know some books are thought to be "related" to DT like Lisley and others but what books would you consider imperative reading at this point?
John

As others have said, Black house is a good idea, but again it won't spoil much since we learn some interesting stuff concerning a particular adversary, but that which we do learn isn't all that relevant to the last books in the end.

If you didn't read Salem's Lot before Wolves, you might want to do so though as there are certainly spoilers for that book in Wolves.

jayson
06-21-2008, 06:13 AM
As others have said, Black house is a good idea, but again it won't spoil much since we learn some interesting stuff concerning a particular adversary, but that which we do learn isn't all that relevant to the last books in the end.

I'd agree that it's not "necessary" to read Black House first, though it does shed a lot of light on the CK as he is in DT-7.

His weakened state in DT-7 is explained by the destruction of his Forge in Black House.

Silvermoth
12-17-2008, 12:48 AM
I'ld love to see more. I'm sort of interested in who Cuthbert lost his virginity to or more of the burning of Gilead

Darkthoughts
12-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Moving this thread to Gilead and changing the title as it's not really about LSoE (that was a misunderstanding on the original posters part that LSoE was a recent book and not a reprint of a short story) :thumbsup:

Ruthful
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I'ld love to see more. I'm sort of interested in who Cuthbert lost his virginity to or more of the burning of Gilead

Do we even know if Cuthbert lost his virginity-I don't remember that being mentioned in Wizard & Glass or The Gunslinger.

razz
12-29-2008, 07:49 PM
never over. not ever.

flaggwalkstheline
12-29-2008, 09:49 PM
yes when cuthbert lost his v-card, thats important
although I remember when I read DT4 and he had a rather adolescent response (Ie jealousy) to rolands physical relationships ( i believe he threw a tantrum and howled "Why is he first with everything!!!")
although when he died he was a gunslinger so I would assume he had gone down to the whorehouses the way roland did when he was younger, so yeah

Letti
12-30-2008, 01:27 AM
although when he died he was a gunslinger so I would assume he had gone down to the whorehouses the way roland did when he was younger, so yeah

No way. I can't imagine that! He was so different from Roland. I know that in that world it wasn't a thing to be shamed of but still. It wasn't Cuthbert's cup of tea.
I hope and I think he found some girl he could love more or less.
Anyway we are getting a little bit off topic maybe we should open a thread with the title "Cuthbert's V-card: guesses" or something like this. :)

Nightfall
02-21-2009, 08:31 AM
I've always been curious about Steven Deschain and his father, (Insert name here) The Tall, I cant remember his name off hand but I think a book or short story about them would be neat. but overall I think the actualy novels are done, but that doesnt mean I still wouldn't gobble an eigth novel about Roland's final loop down though :D

By the way, I like your new avatar Letti :P

GirlGoneNineteen
02-26-2009, 01:27 PM
The title of the thread and the OP are very different questions.

I voted yes, the series is done. I don't think King will write book VIII.

Would I like there to be more? Of course. When I finished TDT, I couldn't imagine reading about anything else. I had become so engrossed in the story of the Ka-tet and I was deeply saddened to know it was over. But the way it ended made sense to me. I understood WHY it was over.

ClicheGuevara
02-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I would definitely love more books, more about Rolands youth and what happened between WAG and Jericho hill. . I know there's the DT comics but it's not the same.

The King of Kings
03-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I voted yes, mostly for wishful thinking. Probably won't happen though. I wouldn't mind revisions of all the books though, it would be a good way to do little work and make a huge buck.

ImprisonedNtheDarkTower
03-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I think there will be no more books directly associated with Roland and the Tet. But I'm sure till King dies. he will be adding many more references in other books, like Hearts In Atlantis and From a Buick 8, etc.... which to me is good enough. cuz i think the 7 books make a nice, well wheel.

Wuducynn
09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Well, shockingly, from a fairly recent interview with King, apparently the Dark Tower Saga is NOT over! :harrier:

alinda
09-28-2009, 04:32 PM
:rock://////:wtf:

flaggwalkstheline
09-28-2009, 04:53 PM
well just voted, though I found out about it NOT being over prior to voting

although oddly enough 61 people haven ow voted

altogether now,

61 backwards is 19:panic:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-28-2009, 05:01 PM
The DT saga is complete, I dont think that it could be advanced, since it has started over.

That said, I think that more DT works could be published in a LotR fashion. Not advancing the story, but telling some of the side tails, and filling in some of the gaps.

But as far as a book that starts where 7 left off, well Id say thats pretty unlikely, for good reason.

fernandito
09-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Well, shockingly, from a fairly recent interview with King, apparently the Dark Tower Saga is NOT over! :harrier:

Link .... LINK!!!!!

Wuducynn
09-28-2009, 05:53 PM

Link .... LINK!!!!!

Oh well since you demanded so strongly http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_news/2009/03/stephen-king-no.html

Check out the "Ka is a Wheel November 2009"? thread in the News forum.

mae
09-29-2009, 06:10 AM
I wonder how that story went unnoticed from March till now.

Wuducynn
09-29-2009, 08:54 AM
I know...it's wicked bizah.

cozener
09-29-2009, 12:18 PM
“In essence, what I put out there for sale was a first draft. People wanted the story... I KNEW it!!!

LadyHitchhiker
09-29-2009, 01:06 PM
*passes out from excitement*

Wuducynn
09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
“In essence, what I put out there for sale was a first draft. People wanted the story... I KNEW it!!!

He's been saying that for awhile. But him actually doing it, as in re-writing the series, along with writing a whole new Dark Tower novel is the big news. BIG, BIG news! :onfire:

mae
09-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah I'm surprised a bigger hubbub hasn't been made of this news.

Myste
10-06-2009, 08:35 AM
:panic::excited:

lowdown
10-06-2009, 02:50 PM
SK blamed it on the pain killers...lol..i can understand his plight with those demons ......well it almost seems he kinda rushed the last 3 books ...........so ...we'll see

Letti
10-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah I'm surprised a bigger hubbub hasn't been made of this news.

Sometimes people just don't get the point.

Thanks for the link, Matthew. I feel like a little girl right before Christmas.

Wuducynn
10-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Something new from Ms. Mod on the SK Message Board - "Steve had told me over a year ago that he had an idea for a new Dark Tower story. He has been working on many different projects since then. I have not seen a finished Dark Tower manuscript among them but I also didn't see the poems that have recently become available."

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php?p=330768#post330768

This is the real deal folks. The Dark Tower Series is NOT over. :onfire: :harrier:

BillyxRansom
10-09-2009, 06:35 PM
i'm pretty late in the game (in terms of gettin into the dark tower series) BUT HOLF GHTYHU JGUFCFCIINGI ASDSJHI UHHDV
DSVJHVJH
Jj
vdshjb

hbvch

bngf

BillyxRansom
10-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Something new from Ms. Mod on the SK Message Board - "Steve had told me over a year ago that he had an idea for a new Dark Tower story. He has been working on many different projects since then. I have not seen a finished Dark Tower manuscript among them but I also didn't see the poems that have recently become available."

http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php?p=330768#post330768

This is the real deal folks. The Dark Tower Series is NOT over. :onfire: :harrier:

Also, sir, where are these poems she speaks of! If you would be so kind to direct us faithful followers (or just me if I really am the last to be in the loop about this) to where this stuff could be found! Thanks dude.

ola
10-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I think one of them is probably this, if you didn't see the thread:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=9381

Maybe more coming in other magazines?

BillyxRansom
10-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I think one of them is probably this, if you didn't see the thread:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=9381

Maybe more coming in other magazines?

Very good, thanks very much.

Now if only I could find a transcript of it. :p

ola
10-11-2009, 12:56 PM

Yeah the issue is out Friday so there will probably be some then. I can't find it anywhere yet online.

BillyxRansom
10-18-2009, 10:54 PM

Yeah the issue is out Friday so there will probably be some then. I can't find it anywhere yet online.

Any luck homeboy?

ola
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.playboy.com/articles/stephen-king-the-bone-church/index.html

Rambo, John J
10-27-2009, 03:34 AM
There's a trailer now on the Stephen King site (linked above). Looks like a... computer game/ interactive something or other...?

'Discordia'(?) 30th November 2009

Holy good god. I just jizzed in my pants.