PDA

View Full Version : DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN, NO!!!!

Jimmy
01-28-2008, 03:09 PM
From Yahoo

New Kids: Back on the Block?

01/28/2008 8:24 AM, E! Online

They may no longer be new. They may no longer be kids. But NKOTB just might be out to prove they still have the right stuff.

New Kids on the Block, the prototypical boy band of the 1980s and early '90s that preceded the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync on the pop charts and in the pages of Tiger Beat, are reportedly on track to reunite.

The band's official Website, www.nkotb.com, is, after a long period of dormancy, once again up and running and imploring fans to keep hanging tough for a forthcoming announcement. That announcement, per People, is that Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood will be making like the Spice Girls and relaunching their once chart-dominating act.

There's no word yet, however, on whether the group's resurrection will include a tour, a greatest-hits album or the release of any new material. Or, apparently, whether all five members have signed off on a reunion.

While their Website teases that an undoubtedly earth-shattering development is in the works, with a fuzzy television set flickering on and off on different photos of the group in their heyday, at least one member hasn't quite been kept in the loop on the comeback development.

"I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour," Wood wrote on his MySpace blog Monday. "There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from the source directly...You can't believe everything you read."

Wood, who said that he was releasing a solo album in March, didn't completely close the door on the would-be reunion, however, writing on his blog, "Never say never!"

Clearly, he isn't on the mailing list for his former band's Website.

"They rose from the streets of Boston," the site touts. "To become the biggest band in the world. They influenced a generation. They sold over 70 million albums and grossed more than one billion dollars. Five multiplatinum albums, 10 top 10 singles, five number one singles. Then they walked away from it all. Millions of fans around the world await their return. Are you ready?"

The group eventually called it quits in 1994, after logging megasuccess with hits like "Hangin' Tough," "Step by Step," "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)" and the ever-lampooned "You Got It (The Right Stuff)."

Despite attempts by MTV to reunite the group in the past decade, the move has consistently been vetoed by one or more members of the quintet.

As it is, the "boy band" has almost certainly aged out of the High School Musical demographic and will likely rely on the support of their former, now grown, fanbase (and their kids) to power the second coming of NKOTB.

Since splitting more than a decade ago, each member of the fivesome has achieved some degree of solo success, both inside and outside the world of entertainment.

The youngest and possibly most recognizable member of NKOTB, the perpetually fresh-faced Joey McIntyre, is now 35 years old and best known these days for appearing on Dancing with the Stars and in a brief 2003 stint on Boston Public.

Donnie "brother of Mark" Wahlberg is 38 and has arguably been the most successful in Hollywood since the split, starring in HBO's Emmy-winning Band of Brothers and NBC's now defunct Boomtown and appearing in such films as The Sixth Sense and Saws II and IV.

Onetime frontman Jordan Knight, 37, continues to record solo, most notably the minor 1999 hit "Give It to You," which was briefly a staple in the MTV rotation. Brother Jonathan, the oldest New Kid at nearly 40, is a real-estate developer, while Donny Wood, 38, has bided his time as a music producer.

(Originally published Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:44 a.m. PT.)

I took all the Mayan calender stuff with a grain of salt, but now it appears the end is truly near. :sob:

jayson
01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
dude, my mom told me about that this past wknd. that is SOFA KING LAME!

Rjeso
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh oh woh-oh-oh, oh O-reo, what's in the middle? The White Stuff!

Not gonna lie, I had a New Kids On The Block tape when I was seven.

ATG
01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
O Discordia!

Shelbs
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I had every inch of my walls covered with NKOTB posters when I was a kid. *lame sigh*

Jimmy
01-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh oh woh-oh-oh, oh O-reo, what's in the middle? The White Stuff!

Not gonna lie, I had a New Kids On The Block tape when I was seven.

:scared:

I thought I knew you...

:P

TerribleT
01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I had every inch of my walls covered with NKOTB posters when I was a kid. *lame sigh*

:rofl: Were you a backdoor boys fan too
:snicker:

Shelbs
01-28-2008, 05:56 PM

:| I was going to marry Jordan and I loved him with every single inch of my 12 year old heart.

I never was a fan of anything backdoorsy. Ahem. -_-

TerribleT
01-28-2008, 06:00 PM

:| I was going to marry Jordan and I loved him with every single inch of my 12 year old heart.

I never was a fan of anything backdoorsy. Ahem. -_-

LMAO :huglove:

Daghain
01-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Isn't that like, the seventh sign of the apocalypse or something?

I'll be needing some popcorn and a front row seat for this trainwreck. :lol:

Jimmy
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM

I'll be needing some popcorn and a front row seat for this trainwreck. :lol:

Why have a front row seat when a laser scope is so much more accurate? :lol:

Daghain
01-28-2008, 07:37 PM
OMG LOL! Good thinking!

Wuducynn
01-28-2008, 08:56 PM

"Oh woe to you of the ancient tribes of the Semites, Luddites and Bootayites in trying times the demons known as New Kids On The Block shall plague thee and destroy thy taste and make war upon thy very minds. Know this the Lord hast said that they shall contrive to be cool and yet make thee want to throweth upeth in your mouths all those long days as they pretendeth to dance upon the stages" - Corinthians Chapter 9 verse 19.

Ruthful
01-28-2008, 10:31 PM
I had an earth science teacher back in junior high who was a New Kids fan.

Very disturbing from what I recall.

LadyHitchhiker
01-28-2008, 11:17 PM
I LOVE NKOTB!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

ZoNeSeeK
01-28-2008, 11:19 PM
KNOB?

LadyHitchhiker
01-28-2008, 11:27 PM
New Kids on the Block silly.... :P

OchrisO
01-28-2008, 11:41 PM
O O O chris O

LadyHitchhiker
01-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh oh oh oh the right stuff....

I had THE biggest crush on Jordan until I found he was a pervo and was into Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.. Blegho

Still Servant
01-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow, I feel really bad for Donnie Wahlberg. I thought he had a promising career as an actor and for him to go crawling back to this shit is really sad.

He was great in Band of Brothers. The short lived tv show Boomtown could have turned him into a star, but American idiots didn't watch it. He was also in a TV show last year that didn't make it called Runaway.

He was just unlucky I guess. It never broke right for him like it did for his bro.

Also, he was so good in the Sixth Sense when he kills Bruce Willis in the beginningthat I didn't even recognize him.

What is the statue of limitations on giving away the ending of a movie? I hate to use a spoiler space for a film that's been out for almost 10 years but you never know.

Honestly, is there anybody out there that hasn't seen that movie that still doesn't know the ending? If you haven't seen this film yet then something went terribly wrong.

Anyway, said to hear this news.

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Finally! Back when I was a young lad of 65, I loved NKotB. Now in my late eighties I'm hoping the new stuff will make me feel young again.

Jon
01-30-2008, 02:20 AM
There IS no God!!!!!!!!!

Lance
02-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Worst idea EVAH!

Wuducynn
02-01-2008, 09:14 PM
There IS no God!!!!!!!!!

No, I since The Holy Bible predicted the Coming of The NKOTB, (see below) EVERYTHING else in it must be true...hows that for killer logic hunh?

"Oh woe to you of the ancient tribes of the Semites, Luddites and Bootayites in trying times the demons known as New Kids On The Block shall plague thee and destroy thy taste and make war upon thy very minds. Know this the Lord hast said that they shall contrive to be cool and yet make thee want to throweth upeth in your mouths all those long days as they pretendeth to dance upon the stages" - Corinthians Chapter 9 verse 19.

LadyHitchhiker
02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
The NKOTB was the epitome of cool... back in the day, that is...

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 07:59 PM
No they weren't. Not back in the day. Not ever.

Sai Joshua
02-03-2008, 08:15 PM
KNOB?

God how I wished I lived in Australia!!!!! Apparently they have a good shit filter on their music if Zonie has never hear of the New Kids On The Block!!!!

Zonie, just imagine NSYNC, but 10 times as bad!!!!!

Jon
02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Easy folks...All Hail was a member of the band.

Wuducynn
02-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Easy folks...All Hail was a member of the band.

Shhhhh! Man, I can't keep any secrets with you around!

Brice
02-04-2008, 05:58 AM
No they weren't. Not back in the day. Not ever.

:lol: I was just about to ask which specific day she was referring to.

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Back in the day when I was like 9 years old... :P

LadyHitchhiker
02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Before I discovered Jimi Hendrix

LadyHitchhiker
04-23-2008, 04:05 PM
GUESS WHAT??? NKOTB is reuniting for a tour!!!!!!!!!!

Mark
04-27-2008, 01:42 PM
What are some of their "Classic hit's"? The name rings a bell but i can't put any songs to it...

She-Oy
04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm ready for El Debarge to make his comeback!

*puts on flourescent socks and hums In the Rythem of the Night*

Odetta
04-28-2008, 06:57 AM

:lol:

Thanks so much for putting that song in my head! :pullhair:

*grabs double-belt and hair spray*

She-Oy
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM

:lol:

Thanks so much for putting that song in my head! :pullhair:

*grabs double-belt and hair spray*

Oh, I can put much much worse songs in your head...trust me!

"I Think We're Alone Now" ~ Tiffany

"Running just as fast as we can....
Holding on to one another's hand...
Trying to get away, into the night
And you put your arm around me then
we tumble to ground and then you say...
I think we're alone now, the beating of ours hearts is the on-ly sou-ound!"

LOL....scary how that just flowed from my fingertips...huh? For a moment I was back in a mall, wearing a denim jacket...yep!

ladysai
04-28-2008, 08:36 AM
"I Think We're Alone Now" ~ Tiffany

Oh no you didnt!
:panic:

Odetta
04-28-2008, 11:57 AM
and not just any denim jacket... must've been acid wash!

Girlystevedave
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Why are you all hating on NKOTB? You know that they are reuniting because they've got "The Right Stuff"!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LadyHitchhiker
05-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I miss Debbie Gibson...

Girlystevedave
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I miss Debbie Gibson...

Whisper: Use your inside voice;)

MrsSmeej
05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Sadly, I had an even more depraved childhood then these poor, deluded NKotB fans... My walls had David Cassidy on them. :scared:

LadyHitchhiker
05-09-2008, 07:38 AM
David Cassidy's awesome!!!! :D

*whispers to GSD* ((I had the Electric Youth perfume with THE coolest container, but the most horrendous smell so I would spray my lamp in my bedroom with it so the cat would quit knocking over the lamp and almost burning down the house))