PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else think this was going to happen...

Valkyrie
01-26-2008, 10:15 AM
As I was reading Wolves, I was simply positive that Jake was going to get captured by the Wolves. I kept thinking it was set up very nicely for that. I figured the book would end with Jake being captured and the next book would start with Jake's rescue. Did anyone else's mind go there while reading this the first time?

ATG
01-26-2008, 11:03 AM
No, I knew it was time for a glorious battle.
The surprise was they let the fellow with the glasses get a pass.

Wuducynn
01-26-2008, 11:31 AM
As I was reading Wolves, I was simply positive that Jake was going to get captured by the Wolves. I kept thinking it was set up very nicely for that. I figured the book would end with Jake being captured and the next book would start with Jake's rescue. Did anyone else's mind go there while reading this the first time?

No. Although I got to wondering that when Jake was in the Dogan

MonteGss
01-26-2008, 03:07 PM
I agree with CK, that was the only point that I thought it might happen. I honestly didn't know where the book was headed, I was just reading so fast because I had a new DT book and couldn't wait to finish it and start over again!

jayson
01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
i didn't see it happening bc he'd already done the "jake in need of rescue" thing with gasher/tick-tock. i did suspect he may have had to shoot his way out of the dogan, which would affect roland's plans

Storyslinger
01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
To add to What CK said, no i didn't think Jake was going to be captured but
I did think his life was at an end in the Dogan

ZoNeSeeK
01-31-2008, 05:01 PM

Yep, I thought exactly the same thing. The focus on kids and the further characterisation of Jake regarding his psychic abilities, I thought the whole jake / breaker / capture thing was definitely a good possibility, like a direct link with Black House, almost.