PDA

View Full Version : The Runner

racerx45
03-17-2016, 01:03 PM
This looks interesting

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon’s New Reality Show Is Basically the Stephen King Novel The Running Man (http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/03/16/ben_affleck_and_matt_damon_have_a_new_reality_show _the_runner.html)

RUBE
03-18-2016, 05:26 AM
So if everyone can watch you all of the time, how is it fair to allow call-ins to report where you are? This sounds even more impossible than King's Running Man. (Yes I know that there are not degrees of impossibility.) At least they can't kill you. Of course, if someone starts a car chase...

Iwritecode
03-18-2016, 07:26 AM
So if everyone can watch you all of the time, how is it fair to allow call-ins to report where you are? This sounds even more impossible than King's Running Man. (Yes I know that there are not degrees of impossibility.) At least they can't kill you. Of course, if someone starts a car chase...

I had a similar thought as well. If the story in the book were set in today's world with the prevalence of cell phones, cameras and social media the runners would never have a chance. They'd barely make it out of the Games building much less across the country.

racerx45
03-18-2016, 08:27 AM
I had similar reactions at first but when you take into account the show is not on prime-time network TV it won’t be completely unfair to the Runner. I think if this works it might be the next “game changer” in entertainment.

Jon
03-24-2016, 08:27 PM
I suspect that a disguise is not against the rules...disguise anytime one must venture into public... remove disguise when reporting in VIA video phone.

...that's what I would do.

*puts on his sheep mask and heads to Wal-mart.*