PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Fundraiser Benefitting The Haven Foundation

Randall Flagg
01-01-2016, 06:56 AM
The 2016 Fundraiser benefiting The Haven Foundation kicks off January 1st and will run through May 19, 2016.
Last year we raised $17,000! Our goal this year is $18,000.

From Stephen King:
"In the summer of 1999, I was struck by a careless driver and nearly killed while taking my daily walk. It was ten months before I was able to work productively again. Some years later, a good friend of mine, audio reader Frank Muller, suffered terrible head injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident. He never worked again. My luck was infinitely better than Muller’s, but the two events set me thinking about the uniquely perilous situation of many freelance artists. The majority of mid-list writers, audio readers, and freelancers in the book and publishing industry have little or no financial cushion in the event of a sudden catastrophic accident such as that suffered by Muller and myself. Many aren’t affiliated with any professional associations or guilds that can help them in the event of such reversals. Even those who are affiliated with organizations such as The Authors’ Guild cannot look for much beyond token help over a short period of time.
My response to this has been the creation of The Haven Foundation. Its goals will be threefold:
First, to establish a compassionate and committed group of board members willing to sift through cases and identify those where the need seems to be the greatest. These “greatest need” cases would be freelance members of the fine arts community – who have found themselves unable to work due to disease or accident. We will also focus on freelancers who lost their homes and work spaces (with freelancers these are often the same) as a result of natural disasters or other catastrophic events.
Second, to help a number of these individuals each year, based on need.
Third, to establish cut-off points for such help. As I have discovered, the decision to cut off aid is an agonizing one, and best made by a group rather than by an individual. I have come to believe, however, that it must be made if help is to be rendered to the many rather than the few.
Stephen King"

At the top of every page is a donation widget. Keep in mind that $10 gets you an entry for the grand prize. $100 total gets the max 10 entries.
Last year there were less than 120 unique donors and less than 500 total entries.
Pretty good odds considering the prizes.

We are streamlining this year’s event to make it easier to manage and hopefully increase the donation total.
Several book dealers have already committed to donating things that will either be used as giveaways, or auctioned off-we are hoping for more once this official announcement is posted.

100% of the net proceeds from all cash, check, Paypal gift donations and Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/) auctions will be forwarded to The Haven Foundation. (Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/) ad insertion, commission, shipping fees and shipping materials are the expenses that will be paid from the Gross proceeds).

Every person who donates $10 or more, or donates an item used for auction or giveaway (donors need to contact me in advance before sending potential items) will receive one entry into our giveaway*-maximum 10 entries per donor. Items for the giveaway have yet to be finalized, but rest assured they will be really exciting and cool! Please use the donation "widget" that is atop each forum page.

Stephen King has kindly agreed to personalize one of his books to our Grand Prize Winner!**

Personal Paypal donations must be noted as a “Gift” so that Paypal does not take a commission.
The Paypal address is Crownandcola@aol.com (Name is Dolores, don't freak out)

Checks must be made out to Jerome Smith (Please don’t make them out to The Haven Foundation as I will have to forward them and they won’t count towards our fund-raising total) and mailed to:

The Haven Foundation Fundraiser
C/O Jerome Smith
PM me for address

Last years Grand Prize winner received an inscribed First Edition Trade Hardback of "Finders Keepers":

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1435624494-Finders%20Keepers%20Grand%20Prize%20inscription.jp g

* Small print here:
Drawing Clarification (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?12281-Drawing-Clarification)

** Actual title to be determined by TheDarkTower.org

Br!an
01-01-2016, 09:32 AM
The widget still say "Keep the site ad free."

Randall Flagg
01-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Where do you see that. I see (on my phone) just Thanks! And then a pp donation button?

T-Dogz_AK47
01-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Where do you see that. I see (on my phone) just Thanks! And then a pp donation button?

That's what I see too. Just the"Thanks!" and then the PP donation button underneath....

Br!an
01-01-2016, 12:38 PM

After clicking the Donate button the PayPal page says TheDarkTower.org Ad Free.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/crownandcola.jpg

Randall Flagg
01-01-2016, 01:00 PM
Ok. I'll work on the note section.
Rest assured that any donations from 1/1/2016 forward to 5/19/2016 will go to the Haven Foundation Fundraiser. It's the same PP address.

Randall Flagg
01-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I believe I fixed it.
Not to throw someone under the bus, but Bill jumped the gun with an announcement. I wasn't going to kick the Fundraiser off until Sunday 1/3/2016 :)

Br!an
01-02-2016, 08:36 AM
I believe I fixed it.
Not to throw someone under the bus, but Bill jumped the gun with an announcement. I wasn't going to kick the Fundraiser off until Sunday 1/3/2016 :)

Yes you did.

Bill has been under the bus so much I thought he was a bus mechanic! :wtf:

Randall Flagg
01-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Calvin's Corner inhabitants...

carlosdetweiller
01-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Did this thread start in Calvin's Corner or somewhere else and just recently get moved here? I don't recall seeing it before now.

Randall Flagg
01-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Did this thread start in Calvin's Corner or somewhere else and just recently get moved here? I don't recall seeing it before now.
I moved it here just for you.

carlosdetweiller
01-03-2016, 01:53 PM

It's a good thing you did too. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Randall Flagg
01-03-2016, 04:20 PM

Bob, you swing a big hammer...as you well know. It's all about you. Maybe now that you are retired you will accept that admin position that was offered to you a while back. Calvin's Corner only, wouldn't want you looking anywhere else.

<----------Resists urge to use emogie as Bob is pretty sharp and should "get it".

carlosdetweiller
01-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Has the salary increased any since the last time we discussed that admin position?

Randall Flagg
01-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Has the salary increased any since the last time we discussed that admin position?
Yes.

Patrick
01-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Thank you in advance to Jerome who, once again, is about to take on a lot of extra work.

Patrick
01-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Ok, donation made. Where's the fundraiser thermometer? :)

Randall Flagg
01-04-2016, 05:10 AM
Coming soon.

Patrick
01-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Coming soon.
No worries. Just giving you a hard time.

wolfehr
01-04-2016, 11:57 AM
Best of luck with the fundraiser! I've contributed, and am very my much looking forward to the auctions starting :)

Randall Flagg
01-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Best of luck with the fundraiser! I've contributed, and am very my much looking forward to the auctions starting :)
An auction starts today/tonight.

webstar1000
01-04-2016, 12:07 PM
RF, any rough idea of how many auctions you will be putting up?

wolfehr
01-04-2016, 12:07 PM
:rock:

Randall Flagg
01-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Last year we had over 60 auctions. Currently we are way behind procuring items, but we were fortunate that CD donated the 'Salem's Lot proofs. Although auctioned in late 2015 they count towards 2016.
As far as tonight, just one item will go up. Something cool, but modest.

Merlin1958
01-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Last year we had over 60 auctions. Currently we are way behind procuring items, but we were fortunate that CD donated the 'Salem's Lot proofs. Although auctioned in late 2015 they count towards 2016.
As far as tonight, just one item will go up. Something cool, but modest.

I'm still working on it, El Jefe!!!! I've got some things in the works!!!

wizardsrainbow
01-04-2016, 09:08 PM
I put up $100 and I will be donating various items.

becca69
01-05-2016, 07:09 AM

Just hit the "new post" link once in a while!

carlosdetweiller
01-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Just hit the "new post" link once in a while!

I've done that before, I think. It took me to a bunch of threads I had no interest in.

Randall Flagg
01-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Fundraising thermometer added. $2,400 raised so far. Thanks to Cemetery Dance for the early kickoff auction items and thanks to the donors!

Patrick
01-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Fundraising thermometer added. $2,400 raised so far. Thanks to Cemetery Dance for the early kickoff auction items and thanks to the donors!
$2400 and it's only January 5th. Off to a great start!

Randall Flagg
01-05-2016, 03:02 PM
$2400 and it's only January 5th. Off to a great start!
Very happy, but the last $15.6K is the toughest...

Br!an
01-05-2016, 03:45 PM
So if I want to donate a book for auction who do I contact? Is it still Bill?

Randall Flagg
01-05-2016, 03:51 PM
In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item them selves and then donates the proceeds.
In the past we have had good intention donors pay $10 to ship a $20 book, that fetched $20 gross at auction and the net was <$15.
Before sending a book, please contact ME (Bill is retired).

Merlin1958
01-05-2016, 04:05 PM
In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item them selves and then donates the proceeds.
In the past we have had good intention donors pay $10 to ship a $20 book, that fetched $20 gross at auction and the net was <$15.

Unless you have a book you think would be a good candidate for a remarque. Otherwise, El Jefe is your man!!!

Randall Flagg
01-05-2016, 05:45 PM
In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item and then donates the proceeds.

TCCBodhi
01-06-2016, 12:28 AM
$18,000 is certainly a lofty goal, but I know that we've got a couple of really cool projects coming down the pipes. I can't wait to see the finished design.

jsmcmullen92
01-06-2016, 07:09 AM
In most (but not all) instances, it's best if the donor sells/auctions the item and then donates the proceeds.

In the case of a personal sale rather than sending the book to you would the seller need to contact you before hand to allow the HF/TDT description in the auction? Just making sure everything is clear for all parties involved.

Randall Flagg
01-06-2016, 10:44 AM
If a member auctions something they can feel free to mention the proceeds are going to TheDarkTower.org 2016 Haven Foundation Fundraiser. The member should post the auction link in this thread for attention.

webstar1000
01-06-2016, 11:10 AM
RF, I have decided to do this as we discussed. I NEVER win anything so as my elation at the prize of the Jae Lee finally wore off... I decided to sell it (ONLY cause I have a Lee original already and its amazing....). Why? Because of my good fortune:) Also to save on shipping costs for all parties the VERY generous AKC has offered to list said artwork on Ebay. I cannot speak as to when it will be listed but it will be listed today or tomorrow and a link will be provided. I am donating 25% of whatever amount the auction brings in (after fees) and there will be NO RESERVE. We have this valued at $400+ so be interesting to see how it does. Link coming.. thanks

Randall Flagg
01-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Wonderful! Thanks.

Merlin1958
01-06-2016, 04:29 PM
I put up $100 and I will be donating various items.

You're a superhero in my book!!!! LOL Many thanks!!!

Sir_Boomme
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
does anyone know how much was raised during the 2010 fundraiser?

I see on the home page that the amounts are given for 2011,2012,1013,2014
but not for 2010.

2015 also does not have a total listed on the home page....
but I know it was 17,000

not counting 2010... looks like so far over the years the site has raised $48,076.19 (over 50 grand I'm sure with 2010's) - that's not chump change.

Sir_Boomme
01-07-2016, 04:36 PM
BTW... I plan on donating my organs to the highest bidder... ok, actually just my "Organ".... and only for a night or two.... but hey, depends on who wins and how much is paid.

Seriously, we got Bill to quit smoking last year (CONGRADS!!!!) ... maybe this year we can get Jerome to give up beer <=(a safe bet on my part, it'll never happen)
<= looking for a bonus supplemental cause to take on.

Randall Flagg
01-07-2016, 06:28 PM
does anyone know how much was raised during the 2010 fundraiser?

I see on the home page that the amounts are given for 2011,2012,1013,2014
but not for 2010.

2015 also does not have a total listed on the home page....
but I know it was 17,000

not counting 2010... looks like so far over the years the site has raised $48,076.19 (over 50 grand I'm sure with 2010's) - that's not chump change.

Year
Total

$ 3,307.00

$ 6,115.00

$ 5,246.00

$ 7,706.00

$ 11,310.00

$ 12,066.00

$ 13,900.19

$17,108

Looks like over $77K

Sir_Boomme
01-07-2016, 07:16 PM
gonna have to have a group party when we go over 100 grand

webstar1000
01-08-2016, 05:52 AM
RF, I have decided to do this as we discussed. I NEVER win anything so as my elation at the prize of the Jae Lee finally wore off... I decided to sell it (ONLY cause I have a Lee original already and its amazing....). Why? Because of my good fortune:) Also to save on shipping costs for all parties the VERY generous AKC has offered to list said artwork on Ebay. I cannot speak as to when it will be listed but it will be listed today or tomorrow and a link will be provided. I am donating 25% of whatever amount the auction brings in (after fees) and there will be NO RESERVE. We have this valued at $400+ so be interesting to see how it does. Link coming.. thanks

A member here wanted the artwork. We came to an agreement:) I will be sending a nice little donation soooooon:) kris

Br!an
01-08-2016, 11:19 AM

Unless you have a book you think would be a good candidate for a remarque. Otherwise, El Jefe is your man!!!

I have an extra slipcased copy of Faithful I'll donate for remarque! :evil:

Merlin1958
01-09-2016, 09:02 AM

I have an extra slipcased copy of Faithful I'll donate for remarque! :evil:

:emot-flame:

peripheral
01-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Donated $100. All the best for this worthy cause. :rock:

Randall Flagg
02-10-2016, 02:42 PM
At the top of every page should be a donation button.
I haven't "pimped" this as quite frankly I'm a bit burnt out on fundraising.
Probably a temporary funk, but nonetheless; as things stand now between the direct PP donations and a few auction items, we have less than 25 people eligible for the Grand Prize.
There are less than 125 total total entries.

If you guys/gals don't want to win, continue to stay away. The 25 people that have donated are looking at incredibly good odds for such a prize.

$10 gets one entry, $100 gets the max 10 entries.
Go back through the last few years and look at the Grand Prizes.
A personalized book from King to you.
Members here spend thousands (uh....uh.... Glenn can I get a hallelujah) to get a book signed from King, and they usually get 9 seconds in front of King for a flatsigned book.

This book will be personalized to YOU.

Please look under the sofa cushion for a $10 bill and send it in now.
Jesus will love you, and I might even like you.

cit74
02-10-2016, 02:46 PM
How long will this years fundraiser go? i.e. how much longer to make our donations?

somekindofstranger
02-10-2016, 02:48 PM

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Even though I'm skint, I just donated another $50.

Come on people, let's get this Haven Fund party started!!!! :rock:

Randall Flagg
02-10-2016, 02:57 PM
How long will this years fundraiser go? i.e. how much longer to make our donations?
Fundraiser ends May 19th.

Merlin1958
02-10-2016, 03:29 PM
$25

Patrick
02-10-2016, 03:37 PM
"$10 gets one entry, $100 gets the max 10 entries."

Excluding those in financial straits, I don't understand why any collector of signed King books would not buy ten raffle tickets given these odds at such a rare prize. Heck, the donation is even tax deductible if you don't win.

webstar1000
02-10-2016, 04:01 PM
50 coming in am

jreitan47
02-10-2016, 04:18 PM
I'm flat broke but was able to send a little over just now. Will try to send some each month.

How many prizes are usually up for grabs besides the amazing grand prize?

AstroDad
02-10-2016, 04:32 PM
I am glad you posted this RF. I threw a small amount in when things got going in January with the intention of adding more once I saw how much I was going to owe Uncle Sam this year and this was a great reminder to do that, just sent another $80 over.

You would think the headers on every page and various threads directly or indirectly related to the fundraiser would keep it in the front of my mind since I am here every day, but I guess you get a little numb to it after a while?

What you and Bill and everyone else that contributes do for the Haven fund every year is awesome and I know I respect all of the work you all put into it to make sure it is a success!

dnemec
02-10-2016, 05:16 PM
I have been meaning to donate, but I just keep putting it to another day. No more! $25 going now!

darkseer
02-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Donated 60 Great cause, great odds to win a great prize.

webstar1000
02-11-2016, 04:33 AM
50 coming in am

Completed:)

becca69
02-11-2016, 08:47 AM
Another small donation today.

zelig
02-11-2016, 09:23 AM
Like last year, I will be donating $100 at some point before the deadline.

Sovereign
02-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Donated 20$! I'm in a financial rut, so it's all I can spare at the moment.

Randall Flagg
02-17-2016, 06:28 PM
We currently are at $5k. With a goal of $18K total, I'm fretting quite a bit since there only 12 weeks left to have $13k more in auctions and straight donations.

Please donate, or bid/buy one of our great auctions.

Thanks,

RF

Brian861
02-18-2016, 08:03 AM
I picked up the WOTC auction and I'm very much looking forward to doing the same with The Talisman/Black House auction.

Ari_Racing
02-19-2016, 10:43 AM
U$S 30 donated.

becca69
02-24-2016, 06:33 PM
A bit more donated today.

Beverly Marsh
02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Done :thumbsup: I'll add more before the deadline is up.

jsweet
02-25-2016, 11:29 AM
Chipped in $20

cit74
02-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Just finished up on this years taxes :) - will add my donations soon

Randall Flagg
03-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Just in case you don't see the thermometer and note atop each page, we are over $6,300. Even with some of the cool things we have coming up for auction, the $18K goal seems out of reach. That doesn't mean we won't give it our best.
Thanks to everyone who has donated an auction item and also to everyone making donations through the widget.

Brian861
03-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Just finished up on this years taxes :) - will add my donations soon

Just got back from seeing the tax lady this morning myself. Max donation for contest entries coming soon.....

Cwalker
03-11-2016, 11:44 AM
It took a while but got my first $25 sent out.
More to come!

Merlin1958
03-11-2016, 03:10 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
03-17-2016, 01:27 PM
The two auctions posted today are cool items that aren't budget busters. Here is a chance to have an original art piece for a great price.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/pict/2015437652096464_1.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543765209?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648)

RARE Stephen King-The Regulators-Signed Original Art by A... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543765209?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/pict/2015437939886464_1.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543793988?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648)

RARE Stephen King-The Dead Zone-Signed Original Art by Ji... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543793988?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

Merlin1958
03-17-2016, 06:50 PM
The two auctions posted today are cool items that aren't budget busters. Here is a chance to have an original art piece for a great price.

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/pict/2015437652096464_1.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543765209?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648)

RARE Stephen King-The Regulators-Signed Original Art by A... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543765209?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/pict/2015437939886464_1.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543793988?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2648)

RARE Stephen King-The Dead Zone-Signed Original Art by Ji... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/201543793988?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

Oh, Mein Fuher!!! What wonderful auctions!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUQJvfDXrM

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Randall Flagg
03-31-2016, 01:54 PM
We have reached $9,000!

There are some great items yet to be auctioned, but $18K is going to be a stretch. No matter what, some of the things people/artists/King have donated are fantastic. Every year we have things that are phenomenal, and quite rare, if not a one-of-a-kind.

webstar1000
03-31-2016, 04:48 PM
Good work RF:) that's great news!

Merlin1958
03-31-2016, 08:33 PM
As usual, El Jefe is quite right. That is not to say that we couldn't use some "outside" bidding support from the folks that frequent, "Reddits". Please, if you can, post a comment here and help improve the overall awareness of the auctions to others outside of this forum. Better for the Haven Fund and the burden to bid is lifted, no?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/4bhz9m/charity_auction_underway_on_behalf_of_stephen/

Apparently, the more "posts" the higher the recognition. Please take a moment and comment if you can.

Brian861
04-01-2016, 02:05 AM
We have reached $9,000!

There are some great items yet to be auctioned, but $18K is going to be a stretch. No matter what, some of the things people/artists/King have donated are fantastic. Every year we have things that are phenomenal, and quite rare, if not a one-of-a-kind.

Halfway there and with more than a month to go, I think we can get there! Looking like the current auctions will bring in close to another grand by close.

stroppygoblin
04-01-2016, 03:17 AM
just dropped another few bucks in, hopefully more before the months out.

Randall Flagg
04-10-2016, 01:27 PM
We have reached $10K!
Thanks to everyone who has helped. There are 4 or 5 big items left to auction, but it's fairly clear we won't make $18K.
BTAIM, we have auctioned some true one-of-a-kind auctions this year (as we always seem to do).

We have less than 100 qualified donors and less than 500 entries.
If you haven't donated, you can not win.

HONKYTONKSMASH
04-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Chipped in

dnemec
04-14-2016, 09:09 AM
Finally got some money flowing, so I'm throwing in some more.

zelig
04-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Just chipped in my $100 donation to the HF.

becca69
04-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Another donation... getting closer to my $100.

ke7285
04-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Donated! Hope to win one of the prize's!!!!

Merlin1958
04-20-2016, 04:12 PM

jsobanski
04-24-2016, 05:40 PM
I've donated, it's for a great cause and the grand prize is very awesome as well.

Merlin1958
04-25-2016, 05:10 PM
:rock::rock:

Randall Flagg
04-27-2016, 02:30 PM
We have surpassed the $12k mark, but $18K is looking tough.

The donations for actual entries in the drawing are lacking. Great for the generous few that have donated.
Thanks to all who have donated, and good luck to all.

stroppygoblin
04-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Another $40 donated, hopefully I can make one more before the end.

Merlin1958
04-27-2016, 09:58 PM
Another $40 donated, hopefully I can make one more before the end.

Thank you. We all do what we can, when we can and if we can. Can't ask for more than that!!! Thanks again!!!

becca69
04-28-2016, 06:30 AM
Donated $30... I think that puts me at $100.

bdwyer19
04-28-2016, 06:50 AM
$50 donated. Another donation will be made next week, probably.

CRinVA
05-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Being unemployed for nearly 11 months, I have struggled with skipping the fundraiser this year. But I do have several good prospects and hope to be back at work soon. With that said, I pulled the trigger and made a donation through the widget just moments ago! I just need to be in the pool of potential prize winners!

:-)

Randall Flagg
05-05-2016, 10:59 AM
I updated the totals to reflect that we are at $13,250.
Thanks to everyone who has donated auction items, or direct PP donations.
Two weeks left.

sharki69
05-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Done. Thanks for everything

dnemec
05-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Dropped in one more donation before the end.

Merlin1958
05-10-2016, 09:05 AM

Randall Flagg
05-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Thanks to everyone!
We are on track to exceed $15,000 this year. That will be the second highest total we have ever raised.
Just a reminder that there are only 6 days left to make a donation via Paypal so as to be included in this year's Grand Prize Drawing for an inscribed King book (winner chooses from several different titles).

zelig
05-13-2016, 02:14 PM
That's great! Good to hear.

Merlin1958
05-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I never win. It's a conspiracy!!! LOL LOL LOL

Brian861
05-13-2016, 09:14 PM
My first year to participate and won some really cool items in the process. Really looking forward to what next year will bring. Congrats to you and your staff Jerome for a successive campaign. :clap:

becca69
05-16-2016, 08:37 AM
:rock:

Br!an
05-16-2016, 02:11 PM
Donation sent! PP F&F.

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-16-2016, 05:05 PM
A little more chipped in :smile:

Randall Flagg
05-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Due to the incredible generosity of Rachel Readman, I have posted a late art donation for auction.
The auction ends ~5/23/2016.

Direct donations to qualify for our Grand Prize stop 23:59 GMT May 19, 2016

Best of luck to all.

jsmcmullen92
05-17-2016, 04:49 AM
Is the 14.5K up to date? I hate that they do not have the one that tells you live time any more.

Randall Flagg
05-17-2016, 05:35 AM
I'll be updating it today, but we are at ~$15,500.

webstar1000
05-17-2016, 05:40 AM

Not to shabby RF... last year was $17 even?

bdwyer19
05-17-2016, 05:43 AM
That's awesome! There are still a few auctions running, so $18,000 is attainable.

Randall Flagg
05-17-2016, 05:44 AM

Not to shabby RF... last year was $17 even?
$17,219.19

Merlin1958
05-17-2016, 06:35 PM
I think I still have 1 or two $25 checks scheduled to you for the HF, RF.

The final PUSH is here folks!!!! Get your donations and entries in for the Grand Prize!!!

That I will never win!!! lol lol lol

SystemCrashOverRide
05-17-2016, 08:01 PM
Kicked in a donation, almost missed my window this year. I hope we can hit our goals!

Lurker
05-17-2016, 11:09 PM
Hmmm. I think I forgot to include my user name on the donation - but I'm sure you'll figure me out when I win the Grand Prize....HA!

thegunslinger41
05-18-2016, 05:46 AM
Hmmmm....wonder who will win this year. So exciting! !!!

Randall Flagg
05-18-2016, 12:34 PM
Just a reminder that the donation period to be eligible for the Grand Prize ends tomorrow (5/19/2016) at 23:59 GMT

The winner ever year has been a known member. It's cool to actually know the winner of a contest. Most King contests either go to someone you've never heard of, or to Ari...

bdwyer19
05-18-2016, 12:45 PM
How many entries will there be for the drawing?

AstroDad
05-18-2016, 02:02 PM
Do the drawing live on Periscope or something! With showgirls! and music! And Stephen King!

ladysai
05-18-2016, 02:12 PM
That I will never win!!! lol lol lol

Anything can happen, right?
(that's what I tell myself anyhow)
The Grand Prize is certainly worth hoping for!

Merlin1958
05-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Do the drawing live on Periscope or something! With showgirls! and music! And Stephen King!

I like it, Jerome!! Do something different this year. Have Dolores draw the winners and web cam it or something. Think out side the box!! lol

AstroDad
05-18-2016, 02:32 PM

I like it, Jerome!! Do something different this year. Have Dolores draw the winners and web cam it or something. Think out side the box!! lol

In a showgirl costume...

SystemCrashOverRide
05-18-2016, 03:45 PM
I'm out of the running for the big prize right? (If not, I should be, please don't include me in the draw for the grand prize) , but I could win one of the other prizes, correct? If not that's okay, happy to donate to a good cause.

Randall Flagg
05-18-2016, 04:18 PM
That depends on how many qualified donations there are.
I will have a better idea in a week or so.

Merlin1958
05-18-2016, 05:17 PM
That depends on how many qualified donations there are.
I will have a better idea in a week or so.

Outside the box, RF!!!! lol

Randall Flagg
05-19-2016, 08:54 AM
We are down to the last few hours to make a donation.

ICry4Oy
05-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Kicked in just under the wire!

The Library Policeman
05-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Also kicked in with a donation just before the deadline. :)

Randall Flagg
05-19-2016, 01:46 PM
We need a savior!

Last year we raised $17,219.19

Right now we are (counting the ~$350 from the Rachel Readman piece) $1K short of last year.
2 hours left.
We need someone(s) to help us (even by a penny) surpass last year.

$1K

Please.

SystemCrashOverRide
05-19-2016, 07:42 PM
So, how close did we get?

Merlin1958
05-19-2016, 07:55 PM
So, how close did we get?

You crack me up!!! lol

Randall Flagg
05-20-2016, 05:14 AM
Still waiting on the Rachel Readman auction, but we are over $16K already.

webstar1000
05-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Still waiting on the Rachel Readman auction, but we are over $16K already.

Should take 4-5 on that RF

Randall Flagg
05-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Updated totals now show $16,250. That total does not include the Rachel Readman auction that ends in just over 48 hours.
Maybe we'll get lucky and two people will want it enough to bid over $2K. Unlikely, but one never knows.

SystemCrashOverRide
05-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Do you have a final total RF?

Randall Flagg
05-27-2016, 05:00 AM
Do you have a final total RF?
No. We won't have a final total until the grand prize winner and alternate prize winners are chosen (shipping to the winners, cost of book chosen by GP winner etc.) and completed.
For now it's just over $16,625.

Merlin1958
05-27-2016, 12:58 PM
Not bad for government work!! LOL

Randall Flagg
06-01-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm finalizing the entry "tickets".
We have less than 700 total entries and less than 200 unique people who donated.

There are a few modest giveaway items. Details on the items and drawing date/time will be announced this week (drawing would be next week).

I'm trying to finalize the Grand Prize drawing details. As in the past, I have a neutral 3rd party draw the winner.

NOTE: Since the Grand Prize winner gets a choice from several different books (one of which isn't even being released until late June), and as Stephen King is on a book tour in June, the winner will not receive their book until well after the 4th of July.

Merlin1958
06-01-2016, 02:24 PM
I'm finalizing the entry "tickets".
We have less than 700 total entries and less than 200 unique people who donated.

There are a few modest giveaway items. Details on the items and drawing date/time will be announced this week (drawing would be next week).

I'm trying to finalize the Grand Prize drawing details. As in the past, I have a neutral 3rd party draw the winner.

NOTE: Since the Grand Prize winner gets a choice from several different books (one of which isn't even being released until late June), and as Stephen King is on a book tour in June, the winner will not receive their book until well after the 4th of July.

Delivered by crow or raven? lol

Randall Flagg
06-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Wrote the check today.
For those who might not be aware, June 19 is a special day in King's lore:

The Dark Tower-Stephen King wrote in his journal...(1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1038&c=1): 06-19-2016
Maximum Overdrive-Duncan Keller run down and killed by a truck (1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=964&c=1): 06-19-2016
Maximum Overdrive-Earth passes into tail of Rhea-M a rogue comet (1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=963&c=1): 06-19-2016
Owen King graduates from Bangor High School (1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1039&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Regulators-William Hobart confronted Audry about damage to his car (1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1040&c=1): 06-19-2016
DTVI-Stephen King wrote in his journal from his Lovell home... (1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1260&c=1): 06-19-2016
DTVII-Multiple entries-SPOILERS! (1999) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1055&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Dark Tower-King wrote in his journal. He received the author's...(1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=962&c=1): 06-19-2016
Maximim Overdrive-Curt and Connie Spaulding were married (1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=961&c=1): 06-19-2016
'We Will Close The Books' published at www.time.com (2000) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=881&c=1): 06-19-2016
DTVI-Stephen King wrote in his journal at his Lovell home SPOILERS! (1999) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1054&c=1): 06-19-2016
Creepshow-The Crate is shipped to Horlicks U. (1834) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=94&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Dark Tower:The Gunslinger-King wrote in his journal.....(1980) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=910&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Stand (Both)-Numerous events...(1980) (1990) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=911&c=1): 06-19-2016
Thinner-The gypsies left Bucksport, Maine (1983) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=934&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Regulators-Patricia Allen wrote to Katherine Goodlowe about the..(1986) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=959&c=1): 06-19-2016
King begins to write the Dark Tower Cycle (1970) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=255&c=1): 06-19-2016
June 19, 1999-King struck by van and almost killed (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1404&c=1): 06-19-2016

The check:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1466386046-2016%20HF%20check%20908x424%20redacted.jpg

ladysai
06-19-2016, 07:31 PM
Awesome, boss!
We
(at thedarktower.org)
ROCK!

Patrick
06-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Excellent!

Merlin1958
06-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Nice!!!!!

ICry4Oy
06-20-2016, 08:00 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1466386046-2016%20HF%20check%20908x424%20redacted.jpg

Lot of 19s on that check!

jsmcmullen92
06-21-2016, 04:19 AM
Just wait till the 2019 fundraiser :evil:

Beverly Marsh
06-21-2016, 08:56 AM
Wrote the check today.
For those who might not be aware, June 19 is a special day in King's lore:

The Dark Tower-Stephen King wrote in his journal...(1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1038&c=1): 06-19-2016
Maximum Overdrive-Duncan Keller run down and killed by a truck (1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=964&c=1): 06-19-2016
Maximum Overdrive-Earth passes into tail of Rhea-M a rogue comet (1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=963&c=1): 06-19-2016
Owen King graduates from Bangor High School (1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1039&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Regulators-William Hobart confronted Audry about damage to his car (1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1040&c=1): 06-19-2016
DTVI-Stephen King wrote in his journal from his Lovell home... (1995) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1260&c=1): 06-19-2016
DTVII-Multiple entries-SPOILERS! (1999) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1055&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Dark Tower-King wrote in his journal. He received the author's...(1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=962&c=1): 06-19-2016
Maximim Overdrive-Curt and Connie Spaulding were married (1987) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=961&c=1): 06-19-2016
'We Will Close The Books' published at www.time.com (2000) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=881&c=1): 06-19-2016
DTVI-Stephen King wrote in his journal at his Lovell home SPOILERS! (1999) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1054&c=1): 06-19-2016
Creepshow-The Crate is shipped to Horlicks U. (1834) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=94&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Dark Tower:The Gunslinger-King wrote in his journal.....(1980) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=910&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Stand (Both)-Numerous events...(1980) (1990) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=911&c=1): 06-19-2016
Thinner-The gypsies left Bucksport, Maine (1983) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=934&c=1): 06-19-2016
The Regulators-Patricia Allen wrote to Katherine Goodlowe about the..(1986) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=959&c=1): 06-19-2016
King begins to write the Dark Tower Cycle (1970) (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=255&c=1): 06-19-2016
June 19, 1999-King struck by van and almost killed (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2016-6-19&e=1404&c=1): 06-19-2016

The check:

That's a lovely sight and a nice write up. Thanks for sharing!