PDA

View Full Version : ATHF - Aquateen Hunger Force

Mike Beck
01-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Hello ladies and gents.

I've decided to make a thread all about Shake, Frylocke, Meatwad and loveable Carl.

This show has been hiding for awhile now. They took a break to make the movie. and i hadn't heard anything about the show returning, but it has!! sweet lord it has!

Did anyone catch it?

Do you love the show? I know you do, so come in here and talk about it, would ya? :thumbsup:

jayson
01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Mike Beck, I always figured I'd like hanging out with you, now I know for sure. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is one of the funniest fucking shows ever. I have not caught any new episodes [new as in post-movie]. i may have to put up my mooninite buddy as my av...

Mike Beck
01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
:lol:

heck yes. we like the same shit. :)

and here's a link to download the episode. there's only been one since the movie.

ATHF Season 5 Episode 1 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HS26M888)

jayson
01-24-2008, 12:16 PM
sweet, now i know what to watch with the bowl i pack when i get home. i have a friend on a guitar forum i frequent who uses billywitchdoctor.com as his avatar. "arise, chicken" [i sometimes think of walter saying that to nort].

the show is just genius. it's hard to get into at first, but you have to get past the "what the hell are they" question. they are what they are, a milkshake, a thing of fries, and a wad of meat and they get into adventures.

actually, my friend has a theory that the ATHF is a metaphor for the freudian psyche. in short, frylock is the superego, shake is the id, and poor little meatwad is the ego torn between their opposing forces.

Mattrick
01-24-2008, 01:31 PM
I think you're looking too deeply into Aqua Teen there withe Freud stuff.

I used to watch it often enough but they stopped showing it on Teletoon up here. Every since that scare in Boston Aqua Teen took a massive hit. The one night I made sure to watch it was Friday night when my friends were over drinking and smoking and for TEN, not lying either, TEN friday's straight they played the 'globo grill' episode with crazy nuclear barbeque and mucus monsters. It was a great episode and they pretty much killed it for us. That and the Hand Banana episode was always on.

Still though, the show can hit hit or miss. Some episodes just aren't good and some are great. I find many of those Cartoon Network shows are. As for Moviefilm for Theatres I give it a 6/10.

jayson
01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I think you're looking too deeply into Aqua Teen there withe Freud stuff.

as long as you're aware your metaphors are just that, metaphors, i don't think you can look too deeply into anything. i'm not suggesting that the freudian angle is in any way an intentional thing on the part of the creators, but it is nonetheless applicable.

Mattrick
01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
You missed my joke. Aqua Teen is the kind of show you can watch without really thinking about it while you do the complete opposite. joke

jayson
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
oh i get it. and i agree with you. what i like about it is that it works on multiple levels like that. sometimes i just enjoy sitting there laughing at it, sometimes i like to pick it apart and put it back together.

Mike Beck
01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
i give the colon movie about a 6 or 7 too. i enjoyed it, but i definitely left the theater saying to myself, "what the hell did i just watch?" :P

in my opinion, the season with t-shirt of the living dead and hypno-germs was its strongest. but this latest episode is pretty damn good, too.

jayson
01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
i agree, the movie was good, but not need to see it in a theatre good. i like the season that had all of the "spacecataz" cold opens instead of the usual dr weird and steve stuff. as far as episodes go, the afforementioned one with billywitchdoctor.com is right up there, but nothing tops the one with the mooninites and the foreigner belt, unless perhaps it's the one where frylock's super-toilet decapitates carl and they try several ways to replace his body. [the all eyeball carl is the funniest thing ever - Shake "do you think he can see us?"]... perhaps the one with "gee whiz"

Lance
01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
My favorite was the one where all their enemies unite on the moon.

Mike Beck
01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY!

AIMB
01-24-2008, 07:52 PM
you can watch the new ones on adult swim they are pretty goooood........ metalocalypse is my favorite show on AS now though :)

towerguard
01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Broodwhich is my fave episode, with Handbanana following closely..

B Rag
07-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Hehe, I like the "Gee whiz" one too, especially the end.

"Wow, I'm sure glad that wasn't blood. Or else I would've been pretty motherf*cking offended."