PDA

View Full Version : DC Comics TV shows

fernandito
09-23-2014, 11:52 AM
So who saw it? What did you think of it? Etc.,

WeDealInLead
09-23-2014, 02:40 PM
I picked up a shift at work so I can watch the premiere.

I dug it. I felt they tried to cram maybe a little much into one episode (Penguin, Catwoman, Bruce and Gordon origins) but hey, it's a pilot, they had to introduce the players so people know what the show's about. Dialogue and acting was pretty good, if a little too safe. Again, I don't think they wanted to ruffle too many feathers with a pilot.

First impression was solid. Good cop drama and I hope the show stays focused on Gordon and how he cleaned house in GCPD.

Merlin1958
09-23-2014, 07:59 PM
I picked up a shift at work so I can watch the premiere.

I dug it. I felt they tried to cram maybe a little much into one episode (Penguin, Catwoman, Bruce and Gordon origins) but hey, it's a pilot, they had to introduce the players so people know what the show's about. Dialogue and acting was pretty good, if a little too safe. Again, I don't think they wanted to ruffle too many feathers with a pilot.

First impression was solid. Good cop drama and I hope the show stays focused on Gordon and how he cleaned house in GCPD.

I'm certainly no "Batman" expert, but does he really "clean up" GCPD? Doesn't he just establish a foothold with the "Major Crimes Unit" by the start of "Batman Begins"? I'm just wondering as to continuity. Are they gonna take the timeline to the Nolan movies and follow "movie" canon?. Just curious is all. I set my DVR for the show, looking forward to it.

Ricky
09-24-2014, 07:40 AM
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I agree that there was a little too much introduced in the first episode, but think that it'll start to get more focused as the show goes on.

Random thoughts:

- Really liked Oswald's character

- Did Thomas and Martha's murders seem really abrupt to anyone else?

fernandito
09-24-2014, 01:16 PM
I'm certainly no "Batman" expert, but does he really "clean up" GCPD? Doesn't he just establish a foothold with the "Major Crimes Unit" by the start of "Batman Begins"? I'm just wondering as to continuity. Are they gonna take the timeline to the Nolan movies and follow "movie" canon?. Just curious is all. I set my DVR for the show, looking forward to it.
No, they're not going to link up with Nolan's films in any way. It's its own thing.

To your question though, in the comics Gordon doesn't necessarily clean house.. more like he learns to be as efficient as he can despite the corruption that plagues the GCPD.

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I agree that there was a little too much introduced in the first episode, but think that it'll start to get more focused as the show goes on.

Random thoughts:

- Really liked Oswald's character

- Did Thomas and Martha's murders seem really abrupt to anyone else?

Oswald's character was great. Really like the kid they got to play Bruce. He played vulnerable remarkably well for a 12 year old actor.

Maybe it's just the symptom of it being a pilot, but it was as subtle as a sledge hammer. Some of those introductions were cringe worthy -- standing "Ivy" next to a plant? Groan. And pretty much all that Nigma needed to do was smile and wink at the camera and say "Hey kids, I'll be the Riddler in a few seasons."

One thing that really bothered me was Gotham's look. Idk if they were going for grimy / gritty, but the color palette they chose to shoot it in makes the city look really anti septic. It's too... neon-y.

Shannon
09-24-2014, 01:28 PM
No, in my opinion, this is too neon-y:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/64675/3435670-625262-batman_forever_batman_forever_23665731_640_384_sup er.png

fernandito
09-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Hahaha.

Touche, my good man. Touche.

But really though, it felt like the whole thign was shot in one of those obnoxious Instagram filters.

Ricky
09-24-2014, 02:33 PM
One thing that really bothered me was Gotham's look. Idk if they were going for grimy / gritty, but the color palette they chose to shoot it in makes the city look really anti septic. It's too... neon-y.

That was actually something I really liked. I mean, you can definitely tell that a lot of the cityscape is CGI, but I think it actually works well since it makes it look dark and gritty. But I definitely know what you're talking about (and agree to an extent) since some scenes had an almost yellow tint.

And LOL at your Edward comment. :lol:

fernandito
09-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Soooooooooo, last night's ep...

Did it restore your faith in the show? Exacerbate your doubts?

Shannon
09-30-2014, 02:24 PM
LOVED the last episode.

I REALLY like the Penguin character. He seems like such a respectful, genuinely friendly guy, until you piss him off.

webstar1000
10-01-2014, 03:53 AM
This show is pretty good... I am not sure how long it can endure though. People I think will begin to want Batman and they have made it clear that will not happen. I find myself already looking for a standout hero (not Jim Gordon either...)

Shannon
10-01-2014, 04:17 AM
The biggest question I have is that they stated they want the final scene to be Batman putting on the cowl. How the hell are they going to run a minimum of fifteen years? No show runs fifteen years anymore. Maybe they'll have flash forwards or time jumps.

webstar1000
10-01-2014, 04:24 AM
The biggest question I have is that they stated they want the final scene to be Batman putting on the cowl. How the hell are they going to run a minimum of fifteen years? No show runs fifteen years anymore. Maybe they'll have flash forwards or time jumps.

True... the kid is like what 12ish?

Merlin1958
10-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Not too shabby so far.... We shall see.

fernandito
10-02-2014, 08:21 AM
This Forbes review of Episode 2 perfectly encapsulates my feelings toward Gotham thus far:

Gotham is an interesting twist on the Batman universe. Rather than tell a long coming-of-age story about the boy-who-would-become-the-bat, FOX and Warner Bros. decided to tell the story of Jim Gordon, the once-and-future Commissioner of Gotham City.

Starring Ben McKenzie as Gordon and Donal Logue as his corrupt-but-affable partner Harvey Bullock, Gotham got off to a pretty great start last week. I wasn’t reviewing the show yet but decided to give it a whirl after watching the pilot.

In the opening episode we see a familiar city: the fictional New York City of the DC Universe, a metropolis as bleak and corrupt as it is elegant and gorgeous. There’s something so old-school and appropriate about the mahogany-laced police department, you can almost smell the wood polish. Gotham captures all of this beautifully.

McKenzie is a perfect casting choice for Gordon, reminiscent of a young Russell Crowe. It’s like he’s stepped off the set of L.A. Confidential. Logue, meanwhile—who I last saw playing a corrupt ex-US Marshal in Sons of Anarchy—is a crooked cop with a slightly withered, but still pretty big, heart. The two play off one another remarkably well, to the point that with a handful of exceptions I almost wish the show would try harder to be a buddy cop drama and little else.

Gotham 2

First, let’s talk about the exceptions to that—the characters that help emboss and enliven this story of Jim Gordon’s rise to power and his relentless effort to bring justice and honesty to a city laid low by corruption and malaise.

Robin Lord Taylor is wonderfully creepy as a young Penguin, a more-than-slightly maniacal lackey destined to much bigger things. The show is a tad heavy-handed reminding us just who he’s supposed to be—then again, the last time we saw a Penguin on-screen (outside of animated Batman episodes) was Danny DeVito’s Penguin in Batman Returns, way back in 1992.

While we haven’t seen much of him yet, I’m also rather fond of Sean Pertwee’s rendition of Alfred Pennyworth. Michael Cain is a lovely actor—in spite of the misspelling of his last name—but he was always too much Michael Cain and too little Alfred in the Dark Knight trilogy. Pertwee, on the other hand, is perfectly grumpy in Gotham. He’s the classic “Get off my lawn!” sort of curmudgeon, but obviously cares for the young Bruce Wayne enormously.

John Doman as mob-boss Carmine Falcone is great as well. He reminds me a bit of Gene Hackman (or Evil Gene Hackman, rather) but without quite the star power, which I think is a good thing. In fact, the relative lack of “star power” in Gotham works greatly in the show’s favor. Nothing hinges on one actor’s huge fan-base, and everyone has the opportunity to settle into their roles comfortably, so long as the direction and writing keep pace.

This is where Gotham is a bit more hit and miss so far. Along with less-than-stellar performances by some of the cast, including Jada Pinkett Smith’s performance as mob underling Fish Mooney, the writing is a bit off-kilter at times.

On the one hand, you have some great dialogue between Gordon and Bullock. On the other, you have vengeful monologues by Mooney vowing to kill Falcone with her bare hands! And her teeth!

I’m going to point out something about the show now that may ruffle some feathers or make some readers a little uncomfortable, but I’m going to say it regardless:

Gotham seems to go out of its way to make sure men and women get equal air time even when some roles in question make way more sense filled by men rather than women, given the set-up.

Mooney is one example of this. Maybe—maybe—played by the right actress or written the right way, Mooney’s character would make sense. But in the world of organized crime, in a city like Gotham, I just don’t see this particular character attempting to take on the city’s most influential and dangerous crime-lord. This isn’t to say we can’t have awesome female villains or criminals, it’s just that the character that is Fish Mooney makes more sense as one of Falcone’s inner circle. And in the world of organized crime, and presumably Italian organized crime, this is more than likely going to be a man. An Italian man. Jada Pinkett Smith seems wildly out of place in this world of film noire mobsters.

It could be that I’m basing this on my less-than-stellar reception of Smith’s acting here, but I feel like she’s simply been poorly cast. There’s a place for a strong female badguy in a show like this. This just isn’t the right role, and it feels off to me. And frankly, Smith’s acting gets over-the-top in a way that just doesn’t fit.

Zabryna Guevara, on the other hand, does a fine job as police Captain Sarah Essen. And she’d be a totally fine police Captain in Law & Order. But in corrupt “good ol’ boys” police-land that is Gotham City, it makes no sense at all to have a female police chief. It does two things: It enforces my belief that casting in Gotham was done purposefully with diversity in mind rather than believability and it makes the story less believable in the process. Why not focus on a strong female cop in the force? Essen is a throw-away character.

I’m all for diversity, but I think it makes more sense to make a character like Catwoman a person of color (see Halle Berry) rather than expect us to believe that a mafia-run police department chalk full of good ol’ boys is going to have a female in charge.

Gotham 1

Finally, moving carefully away from the gender and diversity subject, I’m not entirely fond of the time period Gotham takes place in. While it’s beautifully shot and evokes an older era, it’s still a TV series that’s decidedly modern. Gordon’s pad (which he shares with the pristine-but-troubled Barbara Kean played by Erin Richards) is too rich and too modern and too…2014.

I guess I was hoping for more than just a Gotham aesthetic; I wanted this to be more of a time period piece, taking place in a perhaps-undefinable past decade, some amalgam of the decades prior to cell phones and the internet, when comic books were only read on the offal of dead trees.

Maybe this all plays into the weird grasping for diversity in the casting as well. I want a Gotham that feels corrupt and icky in all the ways it should—a Gotham that wouldn’t allow women to be powerful without a fight. That’s deeply in the clutches of an old aristocracy of power and crime and twisted government. Instead we have a Gotham that has a generic sort of crime problem but is pretty much otherwise just as diverse and progressive and okay as the New York City of 2014. Maybe more so.

But the street-rat version of Catwoman is still a pretty white girl. Both the lead characters are still white dudes. It’s this empty effort at diversity-for-diversity’s sake that ignores realism and narrative in favor of inclusiveness and political correctness, all of which sends ripples through my ability to suspend my disbelief.

Meanwhile the cinematography, the costume and set design, and a great deal of the acting and dialogue is top-notch. When I feel most present in Gotham is when I’m drinking in the city itself.

I’m left wanting more; to dig deeper into this harrowing city. I’m excited that we have a Batman story that’s not about Batman. That we finally get to see the gritty underside of Gotham in a way that’s more L.A. Confidential or The Untouchables than The Dark Knight Rises.

I have high hopes for Gotham after its first two episodes. But I have my doubts as well. So much hinges on creating believable characters in believable situations, even in a comic book story. After all, this is a show that seems to want very much to be more about the normals, the non-supers, the people down in the dirt…it just needs to be brave enough to get its own hands dirty in the process. Right now Gotham is too clean and its politics are too modern.

Hopefully the show takes more risks and treats its characters with respect, even if that respect means placing them in far more difficult roles and situations than it has so far.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/09/30/gotham-season-one-episode-two-review-gotham-confidential/

mae
10-02-2014, 09:59 AM

That was actually something I really liked. I mean, you can definitely tell that a lot of the cityscape is CGI, but I think it actually works well since it makes it look dark and gritty. But I definitely know what you're talking about (and agree to an extent) since some scenes had an almost yellow tint.

I really like the cinematography as well. Probably the best-looking Gotham since Burton's. This has a lot of potential.

Jon
10-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I like the show so far.

But the city seems so sterile for a windy city with random papers blowing in the wind. Ya' just can't have it both ways.

WeDealInLead
10-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Very good episode last night. The scene with the vigilante guy holding Harvey and Gordon hesitating foreshadowed Gordon's future...ah..."elasticity" when dealing with Bats.

Shannon
10-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Another excellent episode. I'm loving this show.

Ricky
10-08-2014, 01:28 PM
I know that they have to include him, but I almost wish that they focused less on Bruce in favor of Gotham's other residents.

Also, I could really watch an entire show about Oswald's character.

DoctorDodge
10-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Just watched the first ep. So far, it's pretty hit and miss. The dialogue is cheesy as fuck as times, especially Bullock's. Every conversation he seemed to have with Gordon just seemed to be one cliche after another. Practically cheered when the best two came up: "rookie" and "hot shot". And yeah, agreed with others that at times, it was a little annoying how obvious it was with some of the characters, especially the Riddler and Ivy.

But it's not all bad. I really like the Penguin's characterisation - still sadistic as fuck but ultimately powerless at this point. They picked exactly the right guy to play him, imho. Also liked how Bruce Wayne was portrayed - he's a kid, but he's still intelligent and highly observant, something I think the writers got spot on. He might not be the DC world's greatest detective yet, but the groundwork's there, at least.

I'm eager to see how this show improves over time, once the writers have found their feet. Not the greatest start just yet, but the potential's definitely there.

Shannon
10-13-2014, 09:02 PM
A decent episode, but probably my least favorite so far. Still better than most TV out there.

webstar1000
10-14-2014, 05:29 AM
I am giving this show one or two more weeks... if it does not change for me I am out. No where near as good as Arrow or the Flash...

mattgreenbean
10-14-2014, 05:33 AM
I am giving this show one or two more weeks... if it does not change for me I am out. No where near as good as Arrow or the Flash...

Yeah, The Flash was pretty good.

webstar1000
10-14-2014, 05:34 AM

Yeah, The Flash was pretty good.

Better than I thought... Going to keep going with that. Love the crossover with Arrow aspect too.

fernandito
10-14-2014, 07:40 AM
A decent episode, but probably my least favorite so far. Still better than most TV out there.
You must not watch a lot of TV lol. There are much better shows out there. This show is mediocre at best.

I think I'm out already. If you know me and how much I love Batman you'll know how much it pains me to say this, but Gotham is terrible.

webstar1000
10-14-2014, 07:44 AM
You must not watch a lot of TV lol. There are much better shows out there. This show is mediocre at best.

I think I'm out already. If you know me and how much I love Batman you'll know how much it pains me to say this, but Gotham is terrible.

Really starting to think so too.... I will give it one more week. If something drastic doesnt happen... Im out.

Ricky
10-14-2014, 01:53 PM
If you know me and how much I love Batman you'll know how much it pains me to say this, but Gotham is terrible.

:o

I'm surprised. I don't think I'd go so far as to say it's terrible, but it's definitely not anything groundbreaking. I can see it falling more and more into a procedural. Gotham's a fun show, but I don't have a ton invested in it or its characters.

Shannon
10-14-2014, 04:19 PM
"You must not watch a lot of TV ..."

And now, to kill fifteen minutes, I shall rank all of the television shows I am currently watching:

Shows I Am Currently Watching:

Sons Of Anarchy: Season 7
American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow)
Grey's Anatomy: Season 11
Survivor: Season 29
The Flash: Season 1
Gotham: Season 1
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2
Doctor Who (2005): Season 8
The Voice: Season 7
New Girl: Season 4
From A To Z: Season 1
Agents Of SHIELD: Season 2
Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 13
Utopia: Season 1
The After: Season 1
Gracepoint: Season 1
Family Guy: Season 13
Anger Management: Season 2
Cristela: Season 1
Bad Judge: Season 1
Once Upon A Time: Season 4
American Dad!: Season 10
South Park: Season 18
Dating Naked: Season 1
Selfie: Season 1

Shows I Have Have Not Started Yet:

Boardwalk Empire: Season 5
Forever: Season 1
Hand Of God: Season 1
How To Get Away With Murder: Season 1
Kingdom: Season 1
Legends: Season 1
Masters Of Sex: Season 2
Nashville: Season 3
Ray Donovan: Season 2
Resurrection: Season 2
Scorpion: Season 1
Stalker: Season 1
The Affair: Season 1
The Bridge: Season 2
The Chair: Season 1
The Knick: Season 1
The Last Ship: Season 1
The Quest: Season 1
The Strain: Season 1

webstar1000
10-14-2014, 04:30 PM
"You must not watch a lot of TV ..."

And now, to kill fifteen minutes, I shall rank all of the television shows I am currently watching:

Shows I Am Currently Watching:

Sons Of Anarchy: Season 7
American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow)
Grey's Anatomy: Season 11
Survivor: Season 29
The Flash: Season 1
Gotham: Season 1
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 2
Doctor Who (2005): Season 8
The Voice: Season 7
New Girl: Season 4
From A To Z: Season 1
Agents Of SHIELD: Season 2
Hell's Kitchen (2005): Season 13
Utopia: Season 1
The After: Season 1
Gracepoint: Season 1
Family Guy: Season 13
Anger Management: Season 2
Cristela: Season 1
Bad Judge: Season 1
Once Upon A Time: Season 4
American Dad!: Season 10
South Park: Season 18
Dating Naked: Season 1
Selfie: Season 1

Shows I Have Have Not Started Yet:

Boardwalk Empire: Season 5
Forever: Season 1
Hand Of God: Season 1
How To Get Away With Murder: Season 1
Kingdom: Season 1
Legends: Season 1
Masters Of Sex: Season 2
Nashville: Season 3
Ray Donovan: Season 2
Resurrection: Season 2
Scorpion: Season 1
Stalker: Season 1
The Affair: Season 1
The Bridge: Season 2
The Chair: Season 1
The Knick: Season 1
The Last Ship: Season 1
The Quest: Season 1
The Strain: Season 1

Shannon I don't see Arrow on your list. It goes well with the Flash:) get on it!

Shannon
10-14-2014, 04:35 PM
I saw the first episode and liked it, but I --for one reason or another-- haven't continued. One day I'll jump on it. I've heard very good things.

Merlin1958
10-14-2014, 07:10 PM
You need to get right on:

Boardwalk Empire
The Strain
The Blacklist
The Bridge
Justified

I'm gonna assume you watched "Breaking Bad". White people LOVE "Breaking Bad" (Dave Chappelle?) "Crisis" is also pretty darn good!!

Ricky
10-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

Also, I watched episode 4 (Arkham) last night and really enjoyed it! Penguin is the best part of the show.

webstar1000
10-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

Also, I watched episode 4 (Arkham) last night and really enjoyed it! Penguin is the best part of the show.

He is.. but not enough to carry it. I found the last one silly and boring. I kept checking how much time was left.. NOT a good sign. With Walking Dead I am checking it to see how much more I will get to see... NOT when it ends. This show will eventually get cancelled... I will put money on it.

fernandito
10-15-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm surprised. I don't think I'd go so far as to say it's terrible, but it's definitely not anything groundbreaking. I can see it falling more and more into a procedural. Gotham's a fun show, but I don't have a ton invested in it or its characters.
I wish I could stick with it dude, I really do. But you hit the nail on the head in that last sentence -- I don't care about any of the characters on the show, and that's an essential component for me. Don't care if they live or die, fail or succeed. They're just.. there.

I kept checking how much time was left.. NOT a good sign. With Walking Dead I am checking it to see how much more I will get to see... NOT when it ends. This show will eventually get cancelled... I will put money on it.
Same here.

And I don't know if it will get cancelled or not -- regardless of how much the show stinks, Batman still has a lot of brand power -- but their viewership will plummet if they don't do something drastic.

Ricky
10-15-2014, 08:01 AM
It just got picked up for an additional six episodes (bringing it's Season 1 total to 22, I think) so they must be feeling pretty confident in their viewership and ratings. Now whether or not the audience will stick around for 18 more episodes is another story.

webstar1000
10-15-2014, 08:04 AM
It just got picked up for an additional six episodes (bringing it's Season 1 total to 22, I think) so they must be feeling pretty confident in their viewership and ratings. Now whether or not the audience will stick around for 18 more episodes is another story.

I think they need to move forward more on Batman... becoming Batman.. that would be MUCH better.....

Merlin1958
10-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

Was it? If it was that is a shame I thought it was a pretty good show. Intriguing premise.

Merlin1958
10-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Wasn't Crisis cancelled?

He is.. but not enough to carry it. I found the last one silly and boring. I kept checking how much time was left.. NOT a good sign. With Walking Dead I am checking it to see how much more I will get to see... NOT when it ends. This show will eventually get cancelled... I will put money on it.

Hmmmm $20 HF bet? You win I donate, I win you donate.... Got balls? LOL I say the show makes at least 2 seasons.

P.S. The money mat be donated at any time the decision is made. Not just during the Fundraiser

webstar1000
10-21-2014, 08:09 AM
I could not agree more with this... and I feel some here may as well

" During the cold open of last night’s Gotham I simply threw up my hands and quit. What even IS this show, where a crooked banker gets attached to a weather balloon and then fatally floated into the heavens? What kind of a tone is this mishmash of a show going for?

There are a lot of problems facing Gotham, but it’s this tonal one that seems to be the biggest. It’s what makes the show simply ridiculous, as opposed to fun or comic book-y. There’s a fine line between campy goodness and cartoonish badness, and Gotham clearly has no idea where that line is drawn. What’s doubly troubling about the show’s tone is that it’s only going to get cartoonier - this is the third episode and we have assassination by weather balloon, so where is the series going to go as it hits multiple seasons? By the time Batman shows up the show will be a full-on Schumacherian gigglefest.

On paper some of this stuff might work, but on screen it all comes across like an overly serious homage to the 60s Batman. This silliness is mixed with lots of gritty death and talk about police corruption, and everything clashes. It’s too serious to be this silly and it’s too silly to be this serious.

Gotham also suffers from the absolute worst case of prequelitis I have ever seen. Every character spends half their screen time reminded you who they will become when Batman comes to town; I can’t imagine the restraint the producers have exercised to keep Oswald Cobblepot out of t-shirts with cute penguins on them.

Cobblepot’s frequent reminders that he’s going to be the Penguin almost seem low key whenever the soon-to-be Riddler takes the screen, prefacing his every line with a cheeky question. Or when the young Selina Kyle talks about how she can see in the dark like a cat (which is new to me). I am dreading how the show will use the recently cast Harvey Dent - he’s almost two decades out from being Two-Face, but I imagine they’ll shove that shit right in our one-faces every chance they get.

And then there’s young Bruce Wayne, hanging out in his own weird TV show. In a show full of bad ideas having young Bruce Wayne in every episode could be the worst. Last week we saw Baby Batman self-harming, listening to death metal and drawing severed heads - these are the sort of things that work in cheeky web comics and don’t really work on the screen. Batman’s tortured psychology is the least interesting thing about him, but that’s all Gotham cares about when it comes to the character.

It’s all a bummer because Gotham is so well cast. Robin Lord Taylor single-handedly elevates the Cobblepot storyline, and I’d rather see him get his own show than have him wander in and out of scenes looking for people to kill for their shoes. He’s being wasted in this morass. Also wasted: Ben McKenzie as James Gordon, a cop trying to do the right thing. He’s a good actor with an interesting role that keeps getting overshadowed by the silliness around him.

Most of the rest of the cast is really good as well. Donal Logue is a perfect Harvey Bullock, Sean Pertwee is a fresh take on Alfred and while I can’t say I like Jada Pinkett-Smith’s Eartha Kitt impersonation, she’s keeping the club-bound Fish Mooney more interesting than the writers have. And even the guest stars are great: so far they’ve had Dan Bakkedahl, Lili Taylor and Frank Whaley.

Wasting those actors isn’t the show’s weirdest sin, though. The weirdest thing Gotham does wrong is that it has no long game; this is a series designed to go about ten to fifteen years, and yet by the end of the third episode you feel like it’s already set up half the pieces it needs. If there’s a Balloonman vigilante fifteen years before Batman - one who warns that more vigilantes are coming! - how many will fill the streets of Gotham before the Dark Knight himself shows up? With the ramped up weirdness and the pending vigilante streak, Gotham posits Batman as just yet another weird character to show up in Gotham City.

That lack of long game also makes you wonder how the producers plan to make the show last without spinning their wheels endlessly. The pilot saw Penguin left for dead and exiled from the city; in a show with a long game he might have spent a season or two elsewhere, establishing a power base for his return to his hometown. Gotham has him back two episodes later, the entire exile feeling like a distraction. So many of the major players have already been introduced and put into place that the promise of Gotham seems to be that we’re going to wait and wait and wait for these characters to get to the familiar points in their arcs.

A better version of Gotham would have come out the gate straighter. Have Gotham be on the brink of total corruption, caught between the warring Maroni and Falcone families. Bring in a Batman villain every few episodes, or only twice a season, and start with a character like Zsasz, the serial killer. Fill the rest of the show with police business and mafia intrigue. Go into the mafia families more. Have young Jim Gordon be an optimistic cop who maybe sides with a young, hopeful politician to clean up Gotham, and have the show be about the tragedy of that politician coming to power and betraying his friend and the city and becoming corrupt. Over the course of the seasons have the weirdness factor increase. Have the cops of GCPD react to the growing strangeness of their city. And most importantly, Bruce Wayne can’t be near any of it. He’s out of the story now.

Instead we have a show that begins one step below Dick Tracy and gives itself nowhere to go. At this point I’m not even sure that Gotham can really course correct; can its tone be fixed when it’s already this cartoony? I likely won’t be watching to find out. "

Ricky
10-28-2014, 10:39 AM
I actually agree with most of these:

'Gotham': 7 ways it could be better (http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/27/gotham-7-ways/)

Shannon
11-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Loved last night's episode.

Mattrick
11-04-2014, 02:42 PM
This show just sounds awful. I got Mad Men to finish, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad to start...Gotham, you don't make the cut. It sounds like Batman Forever stretched into an 18 hour borefest. Sounds like they're ruining batman like Zombie ruined Michael Myers :'(

fernandito
11-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Don't watch it, Matt. You especially will find it repulsive.

I stopped watching it, haven't seen the last two episodes.

WeDealInLead
11-04-2014, 06:04 PM
They can't ruin Batman because he's not in the show. I'm not sure what the long term plans are but I hope he doesn't even make an appearance. Ideally, the final scene will be Bruce putting on the cowl and stepping out.

I thought the last episode was great minus Barbara being Barbara. The twist at the end and the scene with Victor at the GPD was great. Not necessarily the shoot out but what his presence there means about the state of Gotham. Penguin stole the show, though I think he always does. The way he goes from clumsy to pure mean in a second is incredible.

Barbara is becoming more and more like Lori from TWD. So annoying. Alfred though...what a kick-ass character.

Shannon
11-04-2014, 07:56 PM
When Zsasz cleared the police department, I was impressed but also incredibly disappointed. What a bunch of vaginas.

Penguin is excellent.

Ricky
11-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Loved last night's episode.

Me too. Definitely one of the best of the season.

They can't ruin Batman because he's not in the show. I'm not sure what the long term plans are but I hope he doesn't even make an appearance.

Yeah, I'm not even missing Batman at this point. They could really just write off Bruce and I wouldn't mind (though the actor is very good).

WeDealInLead
11-11-2014, 05:37 AM
Alfred and Penguin stole the show again. I'm not sure about this but isn't Alfred ex-SAS? I know he slapped the shit out of Batman (not Bruce) in some comic but last night was pretty hard core.

WeDealInLead
11-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Great mid-season finale.

mae
07-20-2015, 05:34 AM
So is everyone else really excited with what DC is doing not just with their own cinematic universe, but also the TV universe. Gotham is great but I wasn't paying that much attention to Arrow, but now with The Flash and the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow it's really evolving into something really cool. Throw in Supergirl and this really has the chance of becoming a very interesting universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmviyWMsiiE

killjoy72
07-20-2015, 09:25 AM
I didn't watch the above video, but I read somewhere that they were going to keep Supergirl separate from the rest of the TV universe. But I agree that the crossovers so far have been great. The DC shows have been waaaaay better than Marvels.

mae
07-20-2015, 09:26 AM
Yes, Supergirl and Gotham are on different networks, so crossovers would be unlikely, sadly.

mae
07-24-2015, 05:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbnfSuAwK0

mae
11-26-2015, 05:15 AM
So since there is no thread dedicated to the so-called "Arrowverse", meaning the CW show Arrow and its spinoffs The Flash and the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow, I thought it was high time for one. Both current series are available on Netflix and I highly recommend fans of the superhero genre check them out if you haven't. I was very hesitant at first, but after a few episodes I was very much into it. It's not high art but it's very fun.

The Flash comes on after Season 2 of Arrow, and so Season 1 of The Flash and Season 3 of Arrow are a bit intertwined. The ongoing seasons of both shows I haven't caught up with yet, but I'm hoping to by January 21, when a third show will be thrown into the mix, and it looks all kinds of badass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNU6Hr5JLBA

Shannon
11-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Just caught up on the third season of arrow. Love both shows and very excited about legends of tomorrow.

webstar1000
11-26-2015, 08:54 AM
Arrow is slipping for me this season.... :(

mae
12-22-2015, 09:09 AM
http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_atom_v6.jpghttp://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_hawkgirl_v2-3.jpg
http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_canary_v1b.jpghttp://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_hawkman_v3-3.jpg
http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_heatwave_v1-3.jpghttp://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_cold_v5-2.jpg
http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_rip_v1-2.jpghttp://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_firestorm_v1-3.jpg
http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/lgn01_stein_v3-3.jpg

killjoy72
12-22-2015, 09:49 AM
Arrow is slipping for me this season.... :(

This is what I've been hearing. I'm always a season behind on Arrow, but Flash has been fantastic! I wonder who Zoom really is? Since he's from Earth 2 he's gotta be someone we already know.
Such great times we live in if you are a comic fan.

mattgreenbean
12-22-2015, 10:42 AM
Never cared about Arrow. Flash I really like though, except for when Barry acts like a baby... Looking forward to LOT on Jan 21st. Joe Dante will be directing an episode. Flash comes back Jan 19th

mae
12-22-2015, 09:27 PM
I really like Arrow. Haven't started Season 4 yet, still in Season 3, and it's really enjoyable. It's great seeing all these comic book characters on the small screen interacting. Very cool and a fun time. The Flash is definitely better, technically, but I think it's best when they're watched together. So I'm using this guide to watch the series in: http://geekritique.net/2015/05/19/arrow-and-the-flash-chronological-order/

mae
01-20-2016, 08:59 AM
As mind-blowing as the CW's special on the Justice League was, this Legends of Tomorrow special was pretty cool too: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/more-video/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-their-time-is-now/?play=d990553e-b3ea-4884-b112-81ec85ae28e4

mae
02-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Supergirl is now officially part of the Arrowverse:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/70539/the-flash-grant-gustin-to-guest-star-on-supergirl/

Sister networks CBS and The CW have announced that Grant Gustin will be bringing his red-suited Barry Allen from The Flash over to Supergirl for a guest spot on the March 28 episode of the CBS series.

Calling the crossover "something that we have dreamed of happening since we starting making Supergirl," executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg went on to thank the fans and media for their interest in these two meeting up, as well as the two networks, Gustin, Warner Bros. and DC Comics for super-teaming to make the scheduling possible. After all, The Flash films in Vancouver and Supergirl shoots in L.A., so this required a lot more logistical trickery than when the Scarlet Speedster pops up on Arrow, which is basically produced in the soundstages across the street in British Columbia.

At the start of the season, there was much talk about whether we'd ever see Melissa Benoist's Kara Danvers/Supergirl cross paths with any of the other DC Comics heroes on TV, and the party line was mostly, "If there's a way it can work, maybe." Now that they have found a way, this mashup could give Supergirl a supersized boost in the ratings, which would go a long way towards a Season 2 pick-up.

Hashtag nerdgardm.

Shannon
02-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I gave up after two episodes of Supergirl. I'm not sure how i feel about this news.

killjoy72
02-04-2016, 09:12 AM
I gave up after two episodes of Supergirl. I'm not sure how i feel about this news.

So did I, but I've heard that Supergirl has found it's footing. Now I've got to play catch up.

mae
02-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Somehow I missed this last year, but a fun little promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1P7ujKw9yQ

Shannon
02-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Love that promo.

mae
02-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Since it's tangentially related to the Arrowverse, I started watching Constantine. Not bad at all so far, I'm liking it. Not sure why it was canceled.

killjoy72
02-10-2016, 09:51 AM
I liked it too. I thought the Constantine character was well cast.

Shannon
02-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Loved Constantine. Very sad it was canceled.

Hey, has anyone noticed the easter eggs in all the shows recently? On Legends of Tomorrow, when they go to a new place and time, the caption sort of does a fast scroll through other places. My quick eagle eyes caught Gotham City, Metropolis, and Atlantis. And on Flash, on a certain cordless corded phone, someone has the names "Bruce", "Hal", and "Diana" on speed dial.

Pretty cool.

mae
03-17-2016, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObBVYoJY-dA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHoHBfiJUA

mae
03-21-2016, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdr8_IQqT-E

Candice Dionysus
03-23-2016, 03:48 AM
I am caught up on everything and completely in love with the Arrow-verse. <3

Candice Dionysus
03-23-2016, 03:50 AM
So did anyone watch the online mini-series for Vixen? Because that was awesome.

mae
03-23-2016, 04:17 AM
I'm not yet caught up so that's on my to-watch list, and this Supergirl/Flash crossover looks really fun too! Can't wait to get to it, eventually. Oh and also the network renewed all Arrowverse shows for next season!

mae
05-13-2016, 01:04 AM
http://mashable.com/2016/05/12/supergirl-season-2-cw/

Supergirl is flying out of CBS for Season 2.

Warner Bros. TV has confirmed the sophomore season of the DC Comics series starring Melissa Benoist will air on The CW.

This is an interesting choice on a few levels.

First, Supergirl was a show that marked a huge, much-noted risk for CBS, who had been hoping to capture the younger viewing audience.

While the series notched impressive ratings when compared to other superhero shows — about 10 million viewers after seven days of DVR playback — it came up short by CBS standards in the end.

The CW, meanwhile, is obviously welcoming this newest addition to its vast superhero lineup with open arms, as it is more than a natural fit. The network is already home to other Greg Berlanti-produced properties like Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

With the move, Supergirl will also transfer production from Los Angeles to Vancouver, joining the other superhero series.

Supergirl, of course, already has a noted on-screen relationship with The Flash, with which it staged a well-received and highly praised crossover earlier this year.

In other words, Supergirl might be going to a new school next year, but at least it already has a friend.

mae
05-19-2016, 09:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXldPtZ1sg

mae
07-12-2016, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr7D_6vyhzI

mae
08-11-2016, 02:44 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/380017-freedom-fighters-the-ray-to-feature-tvs-first-gay-superhero-lead

CW Seed has announced today that it will debut a new animated series with Freedom Fighters: The Ray, based on the DC Comics character. Inspired by the Grant Morrison version found in the pages of The Multiversity, The Ray will be the first gay superhero to lead a show when he debuts in 2017.

Based on the characters from DC, Freedom Fighters: The Ray is from Berlanti Productions in association with Blue Ribbon Content, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow) and Marc Guggenheim (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow).

Raymond “Ray” Terrill was a reporter who discovered a group of government scientists working on a secret project to turn light into a weapon of mass destruction. But before he could report on his findings, the project head exposed Ray to a “genetic light bomb.” The bomb failed to kill him and instead gifted Ray with light-based powers. With these abilities, Ray realized he could go beyond reporting on injustice – he could take action to help stop it. Calling himself The Ray, he was recruited by Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters to fight violence and oppression wherever it exists.

The Ray Terrill version of the character made his debut in “Justice League of America” #107 in October 1973, his powers include light manipulation, energy blasts, and flight.

mae
09-09-2016, 03:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhmWpHrhcU

mae
09-11-2016, 01:18 PM
http://arrowverse.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/315521-9ebd8-96011696-u633dd1.jpg

mae
09-25-2016, 02:23 PM
I posted about this before but just wanted to do a heads-up post, because the latest seasons of the Arrowverse shows are coming soon to Netflix: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/768995-netflix-october-2016-movie-and-tv-titles-announced#/slide/1

Specifically, The Flash: Season 2 on October 4, Arrow: Season 4 on October 5, and Legends of Tomorrow: Season 1 on October 13. This means I'll finally be able to do the chronological viewing of all three shows intertwined as per this guide, like I did with the preceding seasons of Arrow and The Flash: https://geekritique.net/2015/05/19/arrow-and-the-flash-chronological-order/

And of course, Supergirl: Season 1 is already on Netflix. The only related shows missing are Constantine and Vixen, but these are available on CW Seed. And starting with these upcoming seasons of the Arrowverse, they should be coming to Netflix much quicker.

mae
09-28-2016, 03:00 PM
Superman is back on the small screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzcUrc529Po

With the Gotham name-check, can Batman be far behind?

Shannon
09-28-2016, 04:14 PM
For those not in the know (and curious), Melissa Benoist/Supergirl has sex pictures online. You're welcome.

mae
09-29-2016, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs1wD1kudCs

Shannon
09-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Looking for the full thing, can't find it. :(

mae
09-30-2016, 02:51 AM
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7SnhM6H900

Apparently it's an exclusive video (at least for the time being) for The CW mobile app so third-party YT videos may get shut down.

Shannon
09-30-2016, 08:27 AM
Saw it last night. I think I liked the first one better.

mae
09-30-2016, 08:35 AM
Yeah but this has way more characters!

webstar1000
09-30-2016, 08:49 AM
Here is my problem with this... and I was a big fan... but last year got to tiresome for me. 4 Shows X 24 Episodes = 96 Shows X 41 minutes per = 3936 minutes / 60 = 65.6 HOURS STRAIGHT!! Sorry that is too much time to invest. I will not be able to commit that this year... will roll with the Netflix ones.. shorter, darker and better!

mae
09-30-2016, 09:02 AM
You don't have to binge it all in one sitting :unsure:

webstar1000
09-30-2016, 09:22 AM
You don't have to binge it all in one sitting :unsure:

LOL can you imagine?

mae
10-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Now officially online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7SnhM6H900

mae
11-09-2016, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgAf7Gq6YTU

mae
11-10-2016, 03:37 PM
Not Arrowverse, but still should be cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XJwXoNBKk

mae
11-14-2016, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJvOfYDR_g

mae
11-22-2016, 02:56 PM
http://supergirl.tv/images/0792-justiceleagueposer.jpg

The image is amazing and hi-res, so click here (http://supergirl.tv/images/0792-justiceleagueposer.jpg) to see it in full nerdous glory!

mae
01-06-2017, 08:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lfed2XM19o

mae
02-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Nice interview with Marc Guggenheim, not just about Trollhunters but also a lot about the Arrowverse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWAOQKbLFlY

Shannon
03-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Anyone still watching this show? I took a break but now I'm caught up. I think

Jerome/Maybe Joker

has been amazing to watch, lol.

mae
03-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Looking to start watching it soon, maybe once Season Three is up on Netflix. As a huge Batman and Batman universe fan in general I definitely know I'll like it, but I watched the first few episodes as they aired and it was a bit slow. I know it picks up later on.

Shannon
03-21-2017, 10:11 PM
Thoughts on the musical episode?

While I was familiar with a lot of the actors' singing talents in the past (Barry, Kara, Music Meister from Glee, Joe from Rent, the nerdy guy from Supergirl from Smash, Cisco from some online videos, and Merlyn from everything) it still impressed me to see so much talent in one place. And while I liked the majority of the songs and scenes, the episode felt a little flat to me. Forced. And I LOVE musicals. It was closer to the Buffy musical episode in terms of enjoyment, rather than the Grey's Anatomy musical episode, which was pure perfection.

DanHocker
03-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Thoughts on the musical episode?

While I was familiar with a lot of the actors' singing talents in the past (Barry, Kara, Music Meister from Glee, Joe from Rent, the nerdy guy from Supergirl from Smash, Cisco from some online videos, and Merlyn from everything) it still impressed me to see so much talent in one place. And while I liked the majority of the songs and scenes, the episode felt a little flat to me. Forced. And I LOVE musicals. It was closer to the Buffy musical episode in terms of enjoyment, rather than the Grey's Anatomy musical episode, which was pure perfection.

It felt like crossover for crossover's sake, not crossover for story's sake. It's actually my biggest gripe with the whole Arrowverse, they really under use these crossovers and the characters that exist in the Arrowverse. Just take Legends of Tomorrow for example, Thon should be unstoppable on that show because the Legends are completely ill equipped to handle a speedster. So while I love the Arrowverse as a whole I do feel like they use the crossovers incorrectly then along the same lines they are also just too full of filler episodes that do nothing to move the story along. Though that's really just a problem with most of American TV in general.

That said I enjoyed the episode enough, and this week's episode of Arrow was great.

wolfehr
03-23-2017, 12:50 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of the musical episode. I agree it felt forced... it seemed like they wanted a musical episode and figured out how to make it happen.

Really like the new Arrow episode though. I think it went into a bit of a lull last season with him trying to train a crew, but it's picked up recently.

Was never able to get into LoT. Was very excited for the premier, but after a couple episodes I kept finding other things to do besides watch the new episode and eventually gave up.

Shannon
03-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Legends of Tomorrow is a decent time filler, and for me, a lot of that has to do Caity Lotz. I'd watch her in anything, lol.

Oh, and Wentworth Miller ... He's awesome. But the new fake Colossus guy and the girl who always (ALWAYS) turns into a gorilla ... They just aren't up to par for me.

mae
03-23-2017, 01:58 PM
I'm gonna wait until all current seasons are up on Netflix to do my usual binge with the intertwined order, but I'm really looking forward to Legends especially, since I loved how the last season ended with that JSA moment. I was so excited!

DanHocker
03-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Legends of Tomorrow is a decent time filler, and for me, a lot of that has to do Caity Lotz. I'd watch her in anything, lol.

Oh, and Wentworth Miller ... He's awesome. But the new fake Colossus guy and the girl who always (ALWAYS) turns into a gorilla ... They just aren't up to par for me.

I agree about Legends. Catiy Lotz is good, but Wentworth Miller and Arthur Darvill made the show for me. Probably why I didn't enjoy the first half of this season as much as the first season.

mattgreenbean
03-29-2017, 05:54 AM
Thought I was going to really hate this episode, because anytime Barry gets around Supergirl, the writers turn him into a teenager, and because I like Flash, not Glee, and because the whole premise of the episode was lame, but there was a little bit of story in the episode and I was able to make fun of the song numbers. Barry singing to Iris at the end was one of the worst things I've ever seen on tv. Please don't crossover with these two ever again.

DanHocker
03-29-2017, 06:33 AM
Thought I was going to really hate this episode, because anytime Barry gets around Supergirl, the writers turn him into a teenager, and because I like Flash, not Glee, and because the whole premise of the episode was lame, but there was a little bit of story in the episode and I was able to make fun of the song numbers. Barry singing to Iris at the end was one of the worst things I've ever seen on tv. Please don't crossover with these two ever again.

I don't mind the Supergirl crossovers, I just don't want another musical episode. Honestly makes me glad I watch these things on VOD so I can skip through to relevant parts. I mostly just wish the crossovers had more "weight". They always seem like just filler and never really have anything to do with the main plot of the show.

DanHocker
04-05-2017, 11:06 AM
What did everyone think of the Legends of Tomorrow finale?

I liked it well enough, but it seemed kinda odd to me for them to kill off the Reverse Flash. Though I'm sure they'll contrive some way to bring him back for either Flash or Legends (just not as the main villain). Other than that I really hope the Rip Hunter character isn't leaving the show for good. He's probably one of the best parts of the show for me and you could really feel his absence for the first half of this season.

mae
05-19-2017, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY

Shannon
05-19-2017, 04:23 PM
That looks pretty good!

mae
05-19-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm digging it. Apparently it's not connected to the Arrowverse, but maybe that's only initially. Like Supergirl. I don't see them not crossing over in some way,

mae
05-20-2017, 11:04 AM
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/19/when-is-the-next-dc-cw-crossover

During a chat on the red carpet yesterday, Black Lightning star Cress Williams said he wouldn't rule out an eventual team-up, even though the network said that his show doesn't exist in the Arrowverse (actually, Pedowitz said it doesn't "at this point").

“I think it would be interesting down the line,” Williams said. “Eventually we’re going to have probably three superheroes on our show with me and the daughters. Once we become some kind of team, it would be great to go as a team onto another show. It’s going to be fun developing that, because with every good thing, there’s going to be a lot of wrinkles.”

Shannon
05-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Well, damn. Both finales had some very ... unique ... endings. What the hell are the premieres going to be like?

mae
06-01-2017, 04:30 AM
Season 5 of Arrow is now on Netflix, so all 2016-17 Arrowverse seasons are now available for binging (bingeing?).

:sharepopcorn:

mae
06-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Also, one would need to watch this first prior to delving into all of that live-action goodness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBONwV5toI

mae
07-13-2017, 03:47 PM
http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/arrow-6-01/000259171hr.jpg

mae
07-21-2017, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dM8dI_-P9o

mae
07-22-2017, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2olJ4xBdGc

mae
07-22-2017, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZEeDEwRE0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYDdu_mC6cI&t=25s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGNep39atY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaI6dcoRRQQ&t=13s

mae
07-24-2017, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0PDYGNKEsc

mae
07-28-2017, 01:23 PM
There will be another new member of the Arrowverse soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDHT-A5CGw

mae
09-22-2017, 01:46 PM
http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/cw-superhero-crossover-2017/21765410_1432740093461945_5866073564061904138_o.jp g

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/cw-superhero-crossover-2017/21765410_1432740093461945_5866073564061904138_o.jp g

mae
10-08-2017, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3X19gYJtCA

mae
11-20-2017, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-jPN-VCoA

Shannon
11-21-2017, 08:56 AM
I only watched like, half of that, due to spoilers. But DAMMMMMN!

mae
05-02-2018, 03:22 PM
So, it's not technically the Arrowverse, but what the heck. Who knows what crossovers await us:

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/942979-dc-universe-warner-bros-dc-digital-service-gets-a-name

Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment have announced that their upcoming DC digital service officially has a name now, and it’s simply DC Universe!

“The ultimate DC membership,” DC Universe is a first-of-its kind, immersive digital experience designed just for DC fans with a membership including unlimited access to the following exclusive original series: Titans, the live-action TV series based on the teenage heroes; Young Justice: Outsiders, the long-awaited continuation of the fan-favorite animated series; and Harley Quinn, an all-new animated series starring the villain turned anti-hero.

The site for DC Universe notes that the service will offer even more to fans as well. DC Universe is expected to launch later this year.

Titans comes from executive producers Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. In the action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. Fans can expect Titans to be a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.

In Young Justice: Outsiders, the teenage Super Heroes of the DC Universe come of age in an animated world of super-powers, Super-Villains and super secrets. In the highly-anticipated new season, the team faces its greatest challenge yet as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy. Equally praised by critics and viewers for its impressive visuals and rich storytelling, Young Justice reached more than 25 million unique viewers in each of its two seasons on Cartoon Network. This passionate fan support set the stage for the new third season.

The Harley Quinn animated series will feature Poison Ivy and a number of familiar DC villains and heroes. The series will be written and executive produced by Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey and will focus on Harley after she finally ends things with her love/partner in crime the Joker. She attempts to become the “criminal Queenpin of Gotham City.”

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dc-universe/titans2x_5ae93d7a6ce8b7-41360134.jpg http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dc-universe/swamp-thing2x_5aea189869ca60-96713908.jpg

http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dc-universe/young-justice2x_5ae93dae80b512-39594786.jpg http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/gallery/dc-universe/harley-quinn2x_5ae93dd6b98b57-92451974.jpg

A Harley & Ivy series? Yes, please :excited:

mae
05-14-2018, 02:30 PM
And now also:

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2018/05/doompatrol-768x432.jpg

Where do I sign up, DC?

mae
05-16-2018, 12:59 PM
Ah what the heck, let's put this here as well I guess:

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/946329-pennyworth-batman-prequel-series-set-at-epix

The DC Entertainment universe continues to grow as the MGM-owned premium cable network Epix has handed out a 10-episode, straight-to-series order for Pennyworth, a Batman prequel that will tell the origin story of the caped crusader’s best friend and butler, Alfred Pennyworth.

The drama helms from Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller and is based on DC characters created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. The series is not a Gotham spinoff but is reportedly an entirely new story exploring Alfred’s origins as a former British SAS soldier who forms a secret company and goes to work with Bruce’s billionaire father, Thomas Wayne, in 1960’s London. Sean Pertwee, who plays Alfred on FOX’s recently renewed Gotham, is not involved with the new project.

Heller will serve as writer and executive producer on Pennyworth, which marks a reunion with Gotham‘s Danny Cannon, who is also executive producing and will direct the pilot. Casting for the series has not yet begun and production will begin later this year. A series premiere is slated for 2019.

Epix president Michael Wright said: “As genuine fans of these classic DC characters, as well as the incredibly talented Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon, we couldn’t be more excited to make Epix the home of this series. We can’t wait to work with Bruno and Danny — along with Peter Roth, Susan Rovner, Brett Paul and the team at Warner Horizon — on this fantastic origin story.”

“Michael and his colleagues have created the perfect venue for original storytelling, and all of us working on Pennyworth are thrilled to be on the Epix slate.”

Pennyworth comes on the heels of Epix’s recent pick up of ABC Signature Studio’s drama series Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker, with Chris Brancato and Paul Eckstein (Narcos) serving as showrunners. Both series are part of a growing slate of Epix originals, which includes the upcoming season two premiere of the critically-acclaimed dark comedy Get Shorty from MGM Television this summer.

mae
05-17-2018, 09:26 AM
OH MY GAWD YES YES YES:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/batwoman-join-the-cw-dc-arrowverse-crossover-event-2018-19-season-1202393163/

As usual, the CW at its upfront presentation revealed details about the upcoming season’s Arrowverse crossover, a traditional highly-rated annual late-fall event that involves four of the network’s DC superhero series, The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow — conveniently airing on three consecutive nights next season, Sunday-Tuesday.

This year’s event will introduce a new character, Batwoman, Arrow star Stephen Amell and the CW president Mark Pedowitz announced on stage at the presentation. “This is the first time ever that Batwoman make a live-action appearance on any screen,” Pedowitz said, adding that, along with Batwoman, the City of Gotham also will be added to the ever-expanding Arrowverse.

The character Batwoman began appearing in DC Comics stories beginning with Detective Comics #233 in 1956, in which she was introduced as a love interest for Batman. On TV, Batwoman first appeared in animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold, which premiered on Cartoon Network in 2008. On film, Batwoman appeared in Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, voiced by Kyra Sedgwick, a 2002 direct-to-video animated film based on animated series The New Batman Adventures. Batwoman also made a cameo in direct-to-video superhero film Batman vs. Robin and appeared in 2016’s Batman: Bad Blood, voiced by Yvonne Strahovski.

mae
05-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Her costume is one of the most badass ones in comics. I cannot wait to see that crimson cape in live action! I wonder who'd they cast as Kate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqnhWyRT0I

mae
05-17-2018, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIoUzgYPeVw

mae
05-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Now that Gotham City is being introduced into the CW DC TV universe, I doubt they'd go right into Batman, so I really hope one of the characters they plan on introducing is one of the newest, Mother Panic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Panic

Violet Paige a really different and cool character, and it would be interesting to see that on the small screen. And I just have this thing for all-white costumes...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbyo65dX0AAcM1_.jpg:large

mae
06-08-2018, 02:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEhmUZ0_Y0E

mae
06-28-2018, 09:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtR2W1PB3iM

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-dc-universe-streaming-service-will-bundle-super-1827195767

As more and more people have begun reading comics digitally, DC’s fans have been wondering when (if ever) the publisher was going to get in on the all-you-can-read subscription service game much in the same way that Marvel has. As it turns out, that time is now.

Today, DC Comics and Warner Bros. announced the impending arrival of DC Universe, the new, fan-oriented platform where many of company’s upcoming shows like Young Justice: Outsiders, Titans, and Harley Quinn will live alongside a deep back catalog of curated DC comic books, TV shows, and films.

In a public statement about the platform, DC’s chief creative officer Jim Lee emphasized that it isn’t just a streaming service or a way to access comics on electronic devices, but rather an experience meant to make getting into DC’s fandom as easy as possible whether you’re new to comics or a die-hard fan:

“It’s a welcoming place for everyone to immerse themselves in their own level of DC fandom, with the epic characters, stories, and experiences they have come to expect from DC.

We are investing in and creating original, high-quality shows including the new Titans series, and curating the most beloved nostalgic content, while at the same time elevating the comic reading experience to new heights.”

While the newer DC shows might be what initially draws people into the service, DC is banking on fans’ nostalgia for classics like Batman: The Animated Series, a remastered cut of Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman, and all of the Christopher Reeve Superman films to keep people within DC Universe and make them want to explore it. Publisher Dan DiDio added that it’s that exploration component that truly sets DC Universe apart from similar services. After watching an episode of Titans or the new Doom Patrol series, for example, DC Universe can offer up issues of comics that directly inspired them, providing another way for people to experience the stories:

“We wanted the DC UNIVERSE comic reader to be a blend of art and technology that would further enhance fan’s experiences of the live-action and animated programming on DC UNIVERSE.

This hand-curated selection from our decades of comic creations gives fans a thematic digital longbox to carry with them on the device of their choosing or lets them watch exclusive video content on a big screen followed by the comic that inspired it.”

In addition to the news about DC Universe itself, the company also revealed new information about all of the new series it has in production that are rolling out over the course of the next year.

Titans will tell the story of how Robin, Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire become chosen family as the young heroes investigate a mysterious conspiracy that could literally result in “Hell on Earth.” It’s possible that the last bit of plot detail is pointing to the team’s ultimate foe this season being Raven’s father Trigon (or potentially Etrigan), and it’s notable, though not surprising, that Cyborg’s missing from the roster.

Interestingly, though, Cyborg isn’t totally missing from Titans’ orbit because of the Doom Patrol spinoff series. According to DC, this incarnation of the Doom Patrol—Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Woman, Crazy Jane, and Dr. Niles Caulder—will come together after being called upon by Cyborg himself to embark upon an adventure into the weirder, darker corners of this shared universe.

There’s no telling whether the Doom Patrol will ever cross with Abby Arcane, but Swamp Thing is set in one of DC Universe’s dark corners. The show will follow as the heroine travels to Louisiana to investigate a strange swamp-born virus only to discover that there’s more magic and danger in the bayou than she ever could have realized.

On the animated side of things, Young Justice: Outsiders revives the beloved series and brings a number of new faces into the fold as the world is plunged into an intergalactic arms race to locate and weaponize the growing population of young metahumans. While most of DC Universe’s programming is aimed at a more general audience, the new Harley Quinn series will be decidedly adult and find a newly single, Joker-free Harley teaming up with Poison Ivy as she schemes her way into the Legion of Doom.

We’re at a point in the Streaming Wars when all of the major studios are squaring up and making a go at trying to become the service you think of for entertainment. DC Universe is tossing its hat into the ring in a big way, but it’ll be interesting to see whether the combination of comics books, television shows, and movies will be enough to make people stick with it.

Currently, no pricing has been announced for DC Universe, but fans can sign up for access to the upcoming beta today. DC plans on launching the service later this fall.

mae
07-10-2018, 03:22 PM
I know this doesn't really fit but what the hey, I cannot wait for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSm8wq0YIuc

mae
07-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Yes!

https://geektyrant.com/news/a-batwoman-series-is-being-developed-by-the-cw

A couple months ago Arrow star Stephen Amell announced that DC's Batwoman would be making her big live-action debut in an upcoming Arrowverse crossover. A lot of fans speculated that this could lead to a solo series of her own, and now that has been confirmed to be the case.

According to Variety, The CW is developing a Batwoman series that will debut in 2019 if it gets picked up. I'm sure it will because everyone is looking to fill up their slates with female superheroes these days. Here's the synopsis that was released:

In the series, Kate Kane, armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.

The series is being written and produced by Caroline Dries who has worked on series such as The Vampire Diaries and the network’s new iteration of Melrose Place. If it makes you feel any better, she was also a writer on Smallville.

Of course, Greg Berlanti will also be an executive producer on the series alongside Geoff Johns. They are attached to all of the DC series. This would make Berlanti’s seventh show on The CW and 15th on the air overall, which cements his record for most live-action shows on the air at one time.

mae
07-17-2018, 03:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DB2MY_QtMc

mae
07-19-2018, 10:47 AM
I guess we should just turn this into a DC TV thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5dIwGAYcWk

Already signed up for DC Universe and it’s a great deal at five bucks a month for 15 months! Cannot wait :excited:

mae
07-20-2018, 12:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEU6WBpHMc

mae
07-20-2018, 01:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG16rRK3-xo

mae
07-21-2018, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw30raSbrhE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ65JKBLoq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSjI3N3_rA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlj4dXPGnAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZm9fdnc6s

mae
07-21-2018, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWeZuqkwmyo

mae
08-08-2018, 04:55 AM
This is amazing news, not who I pictured as Kate but Ruby Rose is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n10GIYIGuVg

mae
08-09-2018, 07:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ8_hRcVrBk

mae
08-22-2018, 07:48 AM
A few words about the upcoming final season from Batman-to-be himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-BQYGwQew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSMQ36g7m24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_HsqfDQVYQ

MikeDuke
08-22-2018, 07:54 AM
I watched it from the beginning. I am interested to see how they end it. I have enjoyed it through out.

mae
08-23-2018, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQG_MoIWNsc

mae
08-29-2018, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYblm-LuTB4

mae
09-15-2018, 01:09 PM
Titans looking pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA7fbeb-z6s

mae
10-01-2018, 11:54 AM
New Titans trailer by Netflix who's distributing this outside the US:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2nN_CC-Us8

mae
10-04-2018, 08:27 AM
Awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZi4zsBVGmo

mae
10-09-2018, 07:27 AM
Okay obviously nobody cares about these shows but me, seeing as how this is pretty much my own private thread, but how amazing is this:

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/2018/10/ruby_rose_as_batwoman_-_publicity_-_embed.jpg

Would've loved more comics-accurate crimson on the underside of the cape but this looks astonishingly good.

mae
10-09-2018, 07:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKWlgRmm8DM

webstar1000
10-09-2018, 08:46 AM
I cared when it started but it got campy and silly. I stopped a couple of years ago.

Earl of Popkin
10-09-2018, 09:09 AM
I cared when it started but it got campy and silly. I stopped a couple of years ago.

I also cared when it started. Repetition (I’m looking at you flash) is what chased me away. I still dvr legends of tmrw though as it’s been fun since S2.

mae
10-09-2018, 10:19 AM
I think introducing Gotham and Batwoman, even as an Elseworlds, is a game-changer.

mae
10-10-2018, 10:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FjLssg8pN0

Shannon
10-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Can someone explain to me how Gotham thinks they're going to have their FINAL season, do a No Man's Land storyline, do a Zero Year storyline, turn Bruce Wayne into Batman, discover the Batcave, finish up the SERIES-long story arcs of Gordon, Barbara, Bullock, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Butch, Jerome/Jeremiah/Joker, Hugo Strange, Freeze, Firefly, Scarecrow, Fish Mooney, Alfred, Zsasz, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, Leslie Thompkins, Ra's Al Ghul (is he still around?), Tabitha, and so on ...

… while also introducing, starting and finishing an origin story/storyline for Bane, Harley Quinn, Man-Bat, Mother and Orphan, Lady Shiva, Scarface and the Ventriloquist ...

… in only ten episodes?

mae
10-16-2018, 12:06 PM
https://static0.cbrimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/elseworlds-poster.jpg

Shannon
10-17-2018, 11:33 AM
It's so weird, I love it.

mae
11-13-2018, 08:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG5zZtqBqXM

mae
11-25-2018, 07:22 AM
And here she is! :excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ojXMRuSC_w

mae
11-27-2018, 10:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ebyWI3sljg

mae
11-27-2018, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0tVBhBg9Jo

mae
12-05-2018, 12:02 PM
https://screenrant.com/batman-arrowverse-gotham-batwoman/

Batman exists in the Arrowverse, but where is he? Gotham City and its watchful protector, Batwoman, will be introduced in the Elseworlds crossover, which is also planned to lead into a Batwoman TV series. But it's been confirmed that the Dark Knight definitely exists in the Arrowverse as well, although his whereabouts are a mystery.

The Arrowverse was built around Green Arrow, with Oliver Queen essentially serving as an alternative to Bruce Wayne. There was a reluctance to feature Batman at all to begin with (in part due to a ruling blocking using movie properties like Suicide Sqaud in DCTV), and what references there have been are rather slight. Nevertheless, there are plenty of clues that The CW's various superhero shows have dropped about Bruce Wayne and his crime-fighting alter ego.

Here's everything we know about every Batman in The CW's multiverse, and what we can expect from him and Batwoman in Elseworlds.

The Batman's existence in the Arrowverse has been alluded to multiple times in Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and even DC's Legends of Tomorrow. One early and significant name drop of Bruce Wayne occurred in the pilot episode of The Flash, when it showed the front page of The Central City Citizen newspaper from 2024, which had the headline "Wayne Tech/Queen Inc. Merger Complete." This was a strong indicator that the Gotham billionaire exists not just in the Arrowverse, but is on Earth-1. Then, in Legends of Tomorrow's pilot episode, Time Master Rip Hunter tried to inspire his original team of Legends by stating that he had seen “Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall.”

Last year, the Arrow season 6 episode "Tribute" shocked fans with a direct name drop of Bruce Wayne by then-Mayor Oliver Queen. Under pressure by the media and city officials to reveal his true identity as the Green Arrow, because of a leaked photograph that showed an unmasked Oliver in costume, the beleaguered mayor called the photo a fake and quipped, “They could have put Bruce Wayne’s head on that body!” Then, the Arrow season 7 episode "The Demon" saw Talia al Ghul reference Batman again when she told an imprisoned Oliver that she "ran afoul of an old foe in Gotham." It was taken as confirmation of Batman's existence in the Arrowverse.

Batman's existence on Supergirl's Earth-38 has also been referenced several times. The Girl of Steel and her friends, like James Olsen, have acknowledged that her cousin Superman has "a friend" in Gotham who wears "a scary mask." Kara Zor-El even took her disdain for "Clark's friend" further by saying, “My cousin worked with a vigilante once. Tons of gadgets. Lots of demons. I mean, vigilantes are nuts!” Besides there being a Batman on Earth-1 and Earth-38, The Flash's episode "Welcome to Earth-2" referenced "Bruce" as one of the names on Earth-2 Barry Allen's speed dial, along with "Hal" and "Diana," the latter two being the first names of Green Lantern and Wonder Woman's alter egos, respectively. But all the Batman references didn't stop there. In fact, they seem to have only increased as time goes on.

Elseworlds looks to answer questions about Batman in the Arrowverse, now that the network is finally including Gotham City. The Elseworlds crossover will not only feature Oliver Queen and Barry Allen switching bodies as the Flash and Green Arrow - necessitating Supergirl's involvement as the only one who can see the true Oliver and Barry - but it will also involve a threat to the Multiverse where reality is being rewritten thanks to Arkham Asylum doctor John Deegan and an alien known as the Monitor. Of course, the heroes will travel to Gotham City, where they will encounter Batwoman, and in turn get some solid info about the Batman. Elseworlds has also teased that one of the inmates of Arkham could be the Joker.

Through the Elseworlds crossover, fans will learn that Batman has been missing in action for 3 years. As a result, the unchecked criminal element in Gotham has taken a turn for the worse, as Gotham has turned into a wasteland, which is where Batwoman comes into play as the city's defender. It's unclear what event led to Batman's disappearance, but when Green Arrow, the Flash, and Supergirl arrive in Gotham, they will be debating whether Batman is even real or, as Oliver believes, is just "an urban legend" (which is an ironic position for Green Arrow to take). And although CW President Mark Pedowitz has confirmed Batman will not appear in the Arrowverse, there is still plenty for fans to learn about The CW's version of the Dark Knight.

mae
12-06-2018, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEEC2NcpDvU

Shannon
12-10-2018, 07:08 AM
I tell ya, when "that" song hit, I got goosebumps. Awesome, lol.

mae
12-11-2018, 06:36 PM
First of all, Batwoman is amazing. And second of all, I can't believe they're doing Crisis on Infinite Earths as next year's crossover. So many thoughts and feelings!

:panic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd2NtFTgAAU

mae
12-22-2018, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_QOD8Ec98

mae
12-22-2018, 07:52 AM
Now that Titans Season 1 is done, we have this insanity to look forward to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JG-TNPkV8k

mae
01-09-2019, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BJBBWrkDI

mae
02-13-2019, 08:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtGnnLfTqA

mae
03-29-2019, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThLUgsI9-E

mae
03-29-2019, 06:07 PM
And next year:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/29/stargirl-brec-bassinger-first-look-photo-dc-universe/

https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com %2F2019%2F03%2Fsolostar.jpg

mae
04-17-2019, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8TKZu5PbdA

mae
04-24-2019, 08:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhtqTUZKzfM

mae
04-24-2019, 09:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QUVALwlRs

mae
04-25-2019, 08:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRQb74Cr9N0

mae
05-08-2019, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzNYUWX2eYY

mae
05-08-2019, 09:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zymgtV99Rko

mae
05-16-2019, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIiPcv4_iY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0uWVAIuPRI

DoctorZaius
05-16-2019, 12:41 PM
Anyone watch that Arrow finale? My wife and daughters were left in tear! Serious tears!

mae
05-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Next season’s crossover will involve all five Arrowverse shows, five episodes. It will be so epic!

DoctorZaius
05-16-2019, 12:50 PM
Next season’s crossover will involve all five Arrowverse shows, five episodes. It will be so epic!

Can't wait! My family is very excited to see that Stephen Amell is coming to Boston Comic Con this summer - can't wait to meet him.

mae
05-18-2019, 12:40 PM
https://batman-news.com/2019/05/18/doom-patrol-episode-free/

Curious as to why everyone seems to be going nuts for Doom Patrol? For a limited time you can try it out for yourself and see what you think.

DC Universe has made the first episode of the series available for a limited time on various social media channels. (At least in the U.S., sorry for those of you elsewhere.) We’ve embedded the YouTube version from the DC channel below.

The episode will remain free through May 23, just in time for the season finale to be released on May 24. Seeing as how the season has 15 episodes, you would still need to do some catching up if you get hooked.

We’ve enjoyed the heck out of this show, and we’re hopefully a season 2 is announced in the not too distant future. For now, if you haven’t tried it yet, this is definitely your chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agosG3mokBQ

mae
05-28-2019, 08:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVnHZ5SF1Jg

mae
06-14-2019, 05:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxpfg0oeIX0

mae
07-19-2019, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXRLtVs_28

mae
07-20-2019, 10:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yKq1PRvPJQ

mae
07-20-2019, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reAuYvej_7M

mae
07-20-2019, 04:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj0pmyATG1A

mae
07-20-2019, 04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_FBPbfkcrk

mae
07-20-2019, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RCKWBaiUS0

mae
07-21-2019, 07:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhSj3PvDTfo

mae
08-06-2019, 01:08 AM
I can't believe how epic this crossover will be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWciP6ZalA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP__M4CEjJU

mae
08-06-2019, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlKaiktdK4

mae
08-15-2019, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4639RY84SHo

mae
08-27-2019, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lULgyPaGRLg

mae
10-05-2019, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPnlnfVeMA

mae
11-13-2019, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eGmCeidyH8

mae
11-25-2019, 05:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBLrm7xxxlM

mae
12-03-2019, 03:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLAd-G42w8

mae
12-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Cannot get enough of Crisis, this will be so epic! :panic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKLb4eP0lvg

mae
12-07-2019, 04:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLNrHSRZg0

Shannon
12-09-2019, 12:39 AM
So ... thoughts?

Shannon
12-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Was a little surprised to see Oliver go this early, and although (from a single line of dialogue) he "saved a billion people" I still felt it was a little anticlimactic. I think the parallel universe Oliver will make another appearance, maybe to finish up the current season of Arrow.

Loved the cameos, definitely didn't expect the Titans.

As someone who started -and promptly stopped- watching Supergirl in the first season, I felt a little out of place with the characters on her show, which is admittedly my own fault, but man oh man did the Brainiac guy throw me. Why does he talk like that? Jesus Christ, that was hard
to listen to.

Didn't like the "hey upgrade my batarang in the middle of the fight" scene, also (and I never had a problem with it up until now) had a problem with the "I'm shown to have 10/15/20 arrows in my quiver but fuck it" arrow quantity. Seriously, unless they're retrieving arrows like crazy, they'd run out in less than a minute.

All in all, good episode, and I'm excited to see where it goes from here.

mae
12-09-2019, 04:59 AM
So ... thoughts?

As excited as I am for this epic event, I'll have to wait until these seasons of the Arrowverse are over to binge them on Netflix (and I guess HBO Max for Batwoman), that's how I've been watching these shows, not live. So I'm always behind...

Hunchback Jack
12-09-2019, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSLAd-G42w8

Is this a crossover TV series of all the existing DC TV series? Kind of surprised they didn't do this as a movie series, CoIE being such an important DC thing.

HBJ

mae
12-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Yeah, it's a crossover of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, and Legends of Tomorrow, with appearances from other past and present DC TV show characters, like Black Lightning: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths_%28Arrowverse%29

Hunchback Jack
12-09-2019, 08:17 AM
Yeah, it's a crossover of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, and Legends of Tomorrow, with appearances from other past and present DC TV show characters, like Black Lightning: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths_%28Arrowverse%29

Oh, so the CoIE episodes will actually be part of the existing shows, not its own series? That's kind of cool, like having a story span individual issues of different books.

HBJ

mae
12-11-2019, 02:48 PM
And as if it couldn't get more epic, I believe Stargirl will be making her debut during Crisis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5Xv7QcgkM

mae
01-14-2020, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZs33IW7udQ

mae
04-21-2020, 05:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7WebA3RfE

mae
05-14-2020, 12:38 PM
https://d3dfsf9oc1ojzp.cloudfront.net/original/3X/b/8/b8365eaa7d6a65879be6ed9cfcfd81b3e7206861.jpeg

mae
09-02-2020, 06:59 AM
And now we have a quick look at Superman & Lois!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7c3UFv_Yk

mae
10-09-2020, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJVE6tr94w

fernandito
01-18-2021, 11:26 AM
I decided to check out Doom Patrol on HBO Max (was a huge fan of the Grant Morrison run) and I gotta say, 3 episodes in, not too bad! They took a page out of his run and made everything just weird and whacky af.

Happy to see there's 2 seasons up online and apparently S3 will be out sometime in 2021.

Shannon
01-18-2021, 06:48 PM
Love Doom Patrol. So fucking weird, lol

Br!an
01-20-2021, 01:41 PM
:thumbsup:

mae
01-21-2021, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97oUvUeyO0

mae
07-14-2021, 02:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttU1iKSpdA

mae
08-09-2021, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzOth7VrzLo

mae
09-01-2021, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuUFOmvyKo4

fernandito
09-02-2021, 09:03 AM
Yesssssss! So glad they're moving forward with S3! I caught the first 2 seasons and I loved them.

Grant Morrison's 90's run on DP is one of my favorite runs ever.

mae
09-02-2021, 09:08 AM
Doom Patrol is one of the weirdest comics of all time. People should definitely pick up the comics or read them on DC Universe Infinite, and the show is a pretty good representation of that.

mae
09-10-2021, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdjG44HX7Fc

mae
10-16-2021, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k5SxeCP4A0

mae
10-16-2021, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OODneEUWUQY

mae
05-31-2022, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUkN3h9yQw

mae
10-10-2022, 09:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh2hkv3wL1k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2s0lhBWnck

fernandito
10-10-2022, 10:27 AM
Damn, I need to get back on the Doom Patrol train. I finished S1 and then moved on to others shows.

I think that show captured the spirit of the comics perfectly.

mae
01-23-2023, 01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAFaDAA_-3M

mae
07-20-2023, 12:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQIznYOb2uI

mae
09-14-2023, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwWM7pX3bMo