PDA

View Full Version : Silver Bullet (1985)

Brice
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Silver Bullet IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090021/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

http://www.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/silverbullet.jpg

A werewolf terrorizes a small city where lives Marty Coslaw, - a paralytic boy - his uncle and his sister. Based on the novella Cycle of the Werewolf from 1983.

Directed by: Daniel Attias
Screenplay by: Stephen King

Starring: Corey Haim, Gary Busey, Everett McGill, Megan Follows, Robin Groves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzsRLmOnXkM

Woofer
01-31-2008, 07:13 PM
I remember going to see this with my then-boyfriend, a fellow Stephen King fan. I had not read the story yet, and I turned to him and said "The preacher is the werewolf."

He just about fell out of his seat laughing. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be true.

Of course we were both quite intoxicated at the time and that makes everything funnier.

Malficeus
01-31-2008, 07:45 PM
i watched this when i was 8 or 7 and i must say this movie still haunts me on certain nights couldnt go to sleep for 2 days after watching it

Jimmy
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Gary Busey was terrifying.

Girlystevedave
02-21-2008, 04:22 PM
I just got this movie on dvd for Christmas. I remember watching it a lot as a kid. It still gives me the creeps when I watch it.
Every time I'm thinking: "Marty, don't go down to the bridge at night! What is wrong with you!?"

Storyslinger
02-22-2008, 07:54 AM
I just like that bike, that thing kicks ass.

mtdman
08-20-2010, 08:26 PM
My wife loves this movie. I dig it as well.

flaggwalkstheline
08-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I watched this movie when I was like 10 years old and it scared the hell outta me

honestly it is one of the better werewolf movies out there

there arent that many, really just this and the howling (the first one)

everything else is just teen-wolf:nope:

Girlystevedave
08-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Haha. Teen Wolf is still cool for different reasons. :P
I agree with you though. The only good one I can think of is American Werewolf in London. I must say, the graphics in Silver Bullet aren't too bad considering the time era.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
08-20-2010, 08:38 PM
I was about to say that about the American Werewolf in London, that movie really messed with my head when I was little.

I loved Silver Bullet, one of the rare times when I felt like the movie was at least as good as the book.

mystima
08-20-2010, 10:45 PM
didn't read the book but have the DVD now. watched it when i was a teenager during my Corey Haim infatuation. watched every movie he made at the time. I liked the way that the sister is the one telling the story and not the younger sibling. my daughter likes this movie. the first time she watched it she was wondering what it was about. only thing I told her was that it was a werewolf movie and that it was about as old as she is or even older. when we watched it she was asking me the whole time "who is it? who is it?" I told her that I was not going to tell and that she would be surprised. when she saw who the werewolf was she was like :scared: :excited: :onfire:

Girlystevedave
08-21-2010, 01:55 PM
I also had a huge Corey Haim infatuation. :thumbsup:

Heather19
06-13-2014, 06:05 AM
This has always been a personal favorite of mine. Love this movie.