PDA

View Full Version : Artwork Framing

Sovereign
11-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Anyone have any specific sites/stores/etc where they purchase their frames? I've found that finding large (26x36") frames is difficult, and when I do find them, they're extremely expensive.

dnemec
11-04-2015, 09:47 AM
If you go to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or A.C. Moore, they generally offer coupons for 40% any one item. If you just google the store, you'll find the coupon and you can show it on your phone.

As for more unusually sized frames, I use framesbymail.com. You can order custom frames and mats, and the price is way cheaper than a professional framer, provided you can put the picture in the mat and frame yourself.

Sovereign
11-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for. Local professional framers were charging more than the artwork itself.

dnemec
11-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Glad to help! I do have a local professional framer that I use, but the cost is very prohibitive!

webstar1000
11-04-2015, 11:01 AM
I FRAME A TON of artwork. As most know it is my passion in association with the related books. Micheal's is the best place. Download a coupon and go on it. Some odd stuff is really hard to frame and can cost you a lot. Most art is standard size however and with a nice matte you can make it look very professional. Good luck!

Sir_Boomme
11-06-2015, 07:05 AM
I have all my frames custom built...archival quality.... the larger ones cost several hundred $... but then, I'm really really picky about corners. :)

webstar1000
11-06-2015, 07:41 AM
I have all my frames custom built...archival quality.... the larger ones cost several hundred $... but then, I'm really really picky about corners. :)

Yeah I have had some built.. especially some art that command it....