PDA

View Full Version : Terry Goodkind or Terry Brooks books

mikeC
08-26-2015, 05:50 AM
Hi, I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend something for my wife to read from whomever of these 2 authors people like best if you have the time.
She read all the GoT books, the Magician books and Hyperion series.
Thanks for your help!

frik
08-26-2015, 06:28 AM
I liked a number of Terry Goodkind's first books:
*Wizard's First Rule
*Stone of Tears
*Blood of the Fold
All part of the Sword of Truth series. Enjoyable, but somehow I never finished it.

I read quite a few of Terry Brooks, books:
*The original Shannara trilogy
*The Heritage of Shannara tetralogy
*World & Void series
Must have read more, but don't really remember. I would pick Brooks over Goodkind, though.

Hope this helps,

sk

Fall of Gilead
08-26-2015, 08:15 AM
The original Shannara trilogy by Brooks. Sword of Shannara, Elfstones of Shannara and Wishsong of Shannara. The upcoming Shannara TV show will be an adaptation of Elfstones.

CRinVA
08-27-2015, 06:52 AM
The original Shannara trilogy by Brooks. Sword of Shannara, Elfstones of Shannara and Wishsong of Shannara. The upcoming Shannara TV show will be an adaptation of Elfstones.

Agreed! Isn't the upcoming tv show going to be on MTV?

Fall of Gilead
08-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Yes it will be on MTV in January.

mikeC
09-02-2015, 06:03 AM
Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.

Wicked
10-28-2015, 10:19 AM
I have read, and finished the whole 'Sword of Truth' series by Terry Goodkind, and read most of the Richard and Kahlan series (that continues the SoT adventures of the 2 main characters) he has carried on with.

Though I loved the SoT series, I think stopping at the end of that series would have done me fine. The continuation of it seemed unnecessary and IMO, didn't live up to what the original series was.