PDA

View Full Version : I HATE this song!

divemaster
07-31-2015, 10:42 AM
Hmmm, I don't think I realized there was a forum here for music. How about that.

Anyway, I listen to the Classic Rock station almost exclusively for music (sports talk radio gets the rest of my attention) and there are some songs that I hate so much that I can't turn the radio off fast enough. Not merely "songs I don't like" but songs that cause me to want to kill myself rather than listen to. These are some songs I'd rather drive ice picks into my eardrums than have to listen to all the way through:

1) ANYTHING by Peter Frampton. From everything I've heard, Frampton is sincerely a really nice, all-around good guy. I'd probably love to hang out with him and shoot the breeze. But the classic rock station around here tends to play whatever hits came off his Live album and god damn they are just ear-destroying horrible. And the other problem is, they seem to run 10 minutes long, so I'll switch over to the baseball game and come back 10 minutes later and Frampton is STILL singing about "Feel Like We Do." Argggh, just kill me.

2) I Shot the Sheriff. How did this song ever get airplay?

3) Benny and the Jets. I'm actually a pretty big Elton John fan and like (or really like) a whole bunch of his music. But Benny! Benny! Benny! drives me insane. Just horrible.

4) Band on the Run. Anything by Wings, actually, but this is the worst. No redeeming sonic value whatsoever. Anyone who paid good money to see a Wings concert should have their head examined.

I'm sure I can come up with more. But after hearing 3 of the 4 come on the radio in the last day or so, uh, I just had to vent.

fernandito
07-31-2015, 10:53 AM
Wondering how long it will take for someone to mention Hotel California lol.

becca69
07-31-2015, 10:59 AM
Take Me To Church by Hozier, Some Nights by FUN, and anything by AC/DC

divemaster
07-31-2015, 11:06 AM
Wondering how long it will take for someone to mention Hotel California lol.

Ah, I LIKE Hotel California! Sure, it's overplayed, but if you listen to a classic rock station long enough, all of the big hits of the 60s, 70s, and 80s are overplayed. But that doesn't mean the song is trash, just that one might get tired of it.

Oh, here's another one from my days of listening to country music exclusively: Islands in the Stream. It's not "country" (regardless of the fact that Rogers and Parton are singing it.), and it's not enjoyable no matter what genre you happen to peg it to. Yuck X 1 million.

Jon
07-31-2015, 11:26 AM
anything by AC/DC

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/denny111/smilefaint.gif

Girlystevedave
07-31-2015, 11:28 AM
Black Water by the Doobie Brothers. That song makes me cringe any time I hear it.
Also, pretty much anything by The Eagles.
Oh, and Black Betty by Ram Jam.

I hate most newer music, but these are the classic rock songs that come to mind first.

Tommy
07-31-2015, 11:34 AM
I hate Molly Hatchet

stroppygoblin
07-31-2015, 02:33 PM
Red, Red Wine - UB40. I WILL leave the room if i cant turn it off.

Dan
07-31-2015, 03:14 PM
Red, Red Wine - UB40. I WILL leave the room if i cant turn it off.

That's funny. I have a coworker, who is annoying, that will leave the room if I play Peanut Butter Jelly Time. I try to play it every time he comes into my office.

Tommy
07-31-2015, 03:32 PM
"Baby" (and everything else) by Justin Bieber deserves a place in Hell.

Tommy
07-31-2015, 03:47 PM
I also find anything by The Black Eye Peas (after Fergie joined) to be repellent. "You Don't Know Your Beautiful" by One Direction. Anything by Nicki Minaj. "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jempsen. Ke$ha makes me ill.
Iggy Azaelia = :pullhair:
Blurred Lines = :emot-butt:
Nickelback = :emot-flame: = Me

Joe315
07-31-2015, 04:44 PM
Drake - "Started from the bottom"

I not a fan of rap in general but can tolerate most of it. Drake makes me want to rip my ears off. He is a horrible rapper.

Mattrick
07-31-2015, 08:17 PM
Turn Down for What and I'm In Love With The Coco. Just...those artists should like get their hands chopped off and their tongues ripped out so they can't do anything music ever again.

sgc1999
08-02-2015, 11:20 AM
da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da! da! da! da!

someone kill the chicken!

ESW
08-02-2015, 04:00 PM
I could never stand Bread: particularly "Baby I'm a Want You." --You're a what? Shut up! Ha ha! :belial:

Br!an
08-02-2015, 04:06 PM
I could never stand Bread: particularly "Baby I'm a Want You." --You're a what? Shut up! Ha ha! :belial:

When I was 15 a slightly older friend bought a car with an 8-track player. He played The Best Of Bread constantly.

It was just something I had to deal with if I wanted a ride.

edit: In California you had to be 16 to get a driver's license so it was him or walk.

Mattrick
08-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Any song from Grease....and Time Warp. Oh, how I hate thee Time Warp!

Tommy
08-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Any song from Grease....and Time Warp. Oh, how I hate thee Time Warp!

. . . but it's just a jump to the left.

...and then a step to the right

Mattrick
08-03-2015, 03:45 PM
I'M CRANKING DYLAN

Br!an
08-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Not hating Dylan or The Time Warp... I like them both.

With your hands on your hips. (Mr. Tambourine Man)
You bring your knees in tight. (Knockin' on Heaven's Door)
But it's the pelvic thrust (Like a Rolling Stone)
They really drive you insane. (Masters of War)
Let's do the Time Warp again. (All Along The Watchtower)

Mattrick
08-04-2015, 12:08 AM
I think a lot of the more popular Led Zeppelin is overrated, Led Zeppelin 4 in particular (though Going To California is my favourite song). I prefer a lot of their softer stuff like Tangerine, That's The Way and Night Flight. I was supposed to see Robert Plant in July but the concert was delayed until September because he was sick. Early Zeppelin is okay, but mostly only listen to their middle albums, especially Physical Grafitti.

Pretty much all country music makes me want to pour cement into my ears.

fernandito
08-04-2015, 09:23 AM
^

All country music with the exception of Johnny Cash.*

killjoy72
08-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Anything by Hank Williams III drives me up the wall. And I've got TWO coworkers here who love him. Kill me.

Jon
08-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Anything Bon Jovi.

Hey! They mixed metal with pop!!! The bastards!!

"I have an idea, Jon...We'll mix metal with pop and you sing all the verses like you are extremely constipated, ok?"

Girlystevedave
08-07-2015, 04:30 AM
"I have an idea, Jon...We'll mix metal with pop and you sing all the verses like you are extremely constipated, ok?"

:lol:

Girlystevedave
08-07-2015, 04:34 AM
The Lion Sleeps Tonight has to be one of the worst songs ever created.

Mattrick
08-07-2015, 08:27 PM
^

All country music with the exception of Johnny Cash.*

I also don't mind Garth Brooks. I do consider Johnny Cash more of a folk singer, though. He was pretty all over the map. Kind of like Bob Dylan.

Mattrick
08-07-2015, 08:29 PM
I hated this song so much, and my brother knew I couldn't stand it, so he played it all the time to piss me off. Most notably when I was in the back seat of his car and couldn't do shit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAZIT2hLyAU

Mattrick
08-07-2015, 08:33 PM
I think if I had to pick one song that I hate far more than any other song ever created by humankind, it is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0chD8U8fA

Whenever I hear Believe by Cher, this is how I feel inside

http://youtu.be/LTnq268y2ms?t=1m26s

T-Dogz_AK47
08-08-2015, 11:55 AM
I also find anything by The Black Eye Peas (after Fergie joined) to be repellent. "You Don't Know Your Beautiful" by One Direction. Anything by Nicki Minaj. "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jempsen. Ke$ha makes me ill.
Iggy Azaelia = :pullhair:
Blurred Lines = :emot-butt:
Nickelback = :emot-flame: = Me

This made me LOL! :lol:

+1 Couldn't agree more, my friend! :thumbsup:

Br!an
08-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Anything with Yoko Ono in it.

ladysai
08-09-2015, 04:16 PM
I loathe Faith Hill's version of "Piece of My Heart.
I listened to it once, and when the chorus started and I realized it was a country-fied version of a beloved (by me) Janis Joplin song...I nearly drove off the road in shock and revulsion.

DoctorZaius
08-10-2015, 09:58 AM
"Welcome to New York" (sorry Bill) by Taylor Swift. My youngest is a Swiftie, and this song only inflames my hatred of the Yankees! Again, sorry Bill.

divemaster
08-10-2015, 11:02 AM
I loathe Faith Hill's version of "Piece of My Heart.
I listened to it once, and when the chorus started and I realized it was a country-fied version of a beloved (by me) Janis Joplin song...I nearly drove off the road in shock and revulsion.

Funny thing, I was about 24 or so when Faith Hill's version came out. Up to that point in my life I had only listened to country music and oldies. (Well, and classical). I had never listened to rock or classic rock or protest music or anything that came out after, say, 1965 or so***. Janis Joplin could have been Scott Joplin for all I knew. So Hill's version was the only one I was aware of, and I liked it. Years later when I discovered classic rock I heard Janet's version and of course I really dug it. But that didn't make me like Hill's any less.

(***As an extreme example, and I swear this is true, I thought Hank Williams, Jr. was the original singer of Norwegian Wood, as he had it as a deep album cut and tended to write like 90% of his own music. But in this instance I pretty much hate both versions. It's a stupid song.)

ESW
08-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Yes. Yoko Ono = her singing is slightly less enjoyable to me than the music of jackhammers or a fork dragged along a chalkboard.

Merlin1958
08-11-2015, 06:18 AM
"Welcome to New York" (sorry Bill) by Taylor Swift. My youngest is a Swiftie, and this song only inflames my hatred of the Yankees! Again, sorry Bill.

No worries. She couldn't hand, Frank his underwear on a good day!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNmQiSC6dY

DoctorZaius
08-11-2015, 07:39 AM

No worries. She couldn't hand, Frank his underwear on a good day!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNmQiSC6dY

See, we do have some common ground! Welcome Back!

Odetta
08-11-2015, 09:12 AM
I can't stand Bob Dylan

(I know I should like him... I hate him)

Odetta
08-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Also, Kings of Leon can rot as well

André Linoge
08-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Taylor Swift.

Jon
08-14-2015, 12:22 AM
Taylor Swift; all music started in 1989.

Tommy
08-14-2015, 12:39 AM
John Mayer :Ball Kick:

Girlystevedave
08-14-2015, 04:58 AM
John Mayer :Ball Kick:

Oh god, yes. His voice drives me crazy. It's like he doesn't know how to breathe through his nose or something. I also think a lot of female pop stars have the tendency to sound to nasally when they sing. It's very annoying.

Also, I'm gonna jump on board with the whole "I hate Taylor Swift" thing. I can't stand her. - her music, her face. It all just rubs me the wrong way. :lol:

Jon
08-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Taylor Swif, her face it just rubs me the wrong way. :lol:

I have had fantasies about this!!!

fernandito
08-14-2015, 09:44 AM

LMAO.

Br!an
08-16-2015, 07:57 AM
John Mayer is a very good guitarist but I could do without his singing.

Girlystevedave
08-16-2015, 06:04 PM

LMAO.

Oh shut up, you guys! :lol:

Bethany
08-18-2015, 07:38 AM
I don't care how old and grumpy this makes me sound but anything my youngest daughter listens to. Oh mah gawd. If it's an inappropriate, vulgar song, my little angel is going to find it and listen to it until my ears jump off my head and dive out the car window.

Merlin1958
08-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Anything by "Rush". I hate that band with a passion!!!

U2 as well except for.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jejpb0M0w_I

T-Dogz_AK47
08-23-2015, 02:54 PM
One Direction.... What a bunch of wankers!!!! :emot-butt:

divemaster
08-24-2015, 06:54 AM
Ah, I just heard another one on the classic rock station that falls into this category. I Shot the Sheriff (cover version by Eric Clapton). This is such a stupid song, with a very annoying melody. I mean, a whole song about "yeah, I shot this one guy but I didn't shoot this other guy." ?? Makes me want to shoot the radio whenever it comes on.

fernandito
08-24-2015, 08:37 AM
I don't care how old and grumpy this makes me sound but anything my youngest daughter listens to. Oh mah gawd. If it's an inappropriate, vulgar song, my little angel is going to find it and listen to it until my ears jump off my head and dive out the car window.

We listen to Slayer tho. :)

Bethany
08-24-2015, 09:30 AM

We listen to Slayer tho. :)

Of course we do :chest bump:
I think Fetty Wap and The Weekend are her current faves.

Jon
08-27-2015, 07:50 PM
I just have a difficult time putting the word "hate" on a song or band (Sorry, Jon B.!)

I ignore so much fucking shit. I despise ICP for they things they SEEM to do to vulnerable minds. But hate? No.

As to pop stuff. I have always despised it, even when I was young and my musical opinion mattered.

But hate...maybe...stay tuned!!

Merlin1958
08-29-2015, 09:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8

Lord, take me now!!! LOL LOL