PDA

View Full Version : The Punisher has been cast for Daredevil Season 2

fernandito
06-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Netflix's "Daredevil" series will add another major Marvel vigilante to its ranks in its second season: The Punisher, as played by "The Walking Dead" alum Jon Bernthal.

Here's Marvel Television's official description of The Punisher: "a vigilante who aims to clean up New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results."

The Punisher -- and his iconic skull logo -- is one of Marvel's most recognizable characters, and has been depicted three times previously in live-action films; by Dolph Lundgren (1989) Thomas Jane (2004) and Ray Stevenson in [2008]. Yet this will be the first time the character has been a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe; the shared continuity between the massively successful Marvel Studios films and the Marvel Television shows. The live-action rights to the character were formerly with Lionsgate -- who released 2004's "The Punisher" and 2008's "Punisher: War Zone" -- before returning to Marvel in 2010.

Bernthal played Shane Walsh on the first two seasons of "The Walking Dead," and has appeared on the big screen in "The Wolf of Wall Street" and "Fury." Soon after the announcement, the actor took to Twitter to share his excitement:

"Jon Bernthal brings an unmatched intensity to every role he takes on, with a potent blend of power, motivation and vulnerability that will connect with audiences," Marvel Head of Television Jeph Loeb said in the announcement on Marvel.com. "Castle's appearance will bring dramatic changes to the world of Matt Murdock and nothing will be the same."

Frank Castle/The Punisher was first introduced in 1974's "Amazing Spider-Man" #129, created by Gerry Conway, Ross Andru and John Romita Sr.. A military veteran who lost his family due to mob violence, the character is distinguished from other Marvel crimefighters due to his readiness to use lethal force on criminals -- and the frequency in which he does it.

The second season of "Daredevil" is set to debut in 2016. Charlie Cox and Rosario Dawson will both return, as the title character and Claire Temple, respectively. Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, who both worked on the first season, will take over as showrunners from Steven DeKnight.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll29/heisenfern/punisher_zps19we7e2o.png

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/58950/20150609/mad-max-fury-road-surpasses-the-300-million-mark-worldwide.htm

killjoy72
06-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm glad they're bringing Frank Castle back into the MCU. Hopefully this one will stick.
Fourth times the charm!

webstar1000
06-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I hate everything about this... Can't stand him and celebrated his demise on the walking dead:(

killjoy72
06-09-2015, 02:36 PM
If only The Walking Dead would die. Then I could celebrate!

webstar1000
06-09-2015, 02:38 PM
If only The Walking Dead would die. Then I could celebrate!

??? You don't like it???? I have never heard someone say that before. I think it's one of the most entertaining shows on tv:)

Ben Staad
06-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Not a fan of the actor however I am excited about the develop of Daredevil.

Lookwhoitis
06-09-2015, 08:35 PM
I think it is a good casting.

I enjoyed him in The Pacific and though he also did a good job on the Walking Dead

webstar1000
06-10-2015, 03:34 AM
I think it is a good casting.

I enjoyed him in The Pacific and though he also did a good job on the Walking Dead

You know.. I did like him in the Pacific come to think of it....

mattgreenbean
06-10-2015, 05:34 AM
It's not like Frank is a likeable guy, so Jon should be able to play that character pretty well.

WeDealInLead
06-10-2015, 06:10 AM
I think he's perfect. DD season two is going to be nuts.

I'd love to see Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. Bats is lucky he's in the DC universe.

mattgreenbean
06-10-2015, 06:18 AM
I think he's perfect. DD season two is going to be nuts.

I'd love to see Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. Bats is lucky he's in the DC universe.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080201151511/marveldatabase/images/e/e9/Punisher_and_Batman_Deadly_KnightsVol_1_1.jpg

WeDealInLead
06-10-2015, 06:51 AM
Nice. I'll have to track it down.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-10-2015, 07:54 AM
I really enjoyed Thomas Jane Punisher, Does anyone else recall that short film he did as an attempt to get another chance to play Frank Castle? I loved that too!

killjoy72
06-10-2015, 08:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTaV8B8Oc0g