PDA

View Full Version : Paging Dr. McDreamy--Grey's Anatomy -- watch out for **SPOILERS**

Bethany
05-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Who else watches the skanks of Seattle Grace? I know you're out there.

johnny
05-10-2007, 04:47 AM
yup.

what did you think of the way they are working in the spin off? I think its a brilliant marketing device. by the time the first episode of the spin off airs, all of the viewers of Grey's will already be hooked.

Odetta
05-10-2007, 06:31 AM
I don't think I'll watch the spin off. I found it dull last week, actually.

Matt
05-10-2007, 08:11 AM
We haven't gotten too far into this, I believe my wife would love it but man...I have a hard time with doctor shows no matter how good they are.

1st season DVD for Mothers Day maybe

Bethany
05-10-2007, 02:39 PM
yup.

what did you think of the way they are working in the spin off? I think its a brilliant marketing device. by the time the first episode of the spin off airs, all of the viewers of Grey's will already be hooked.

I forgot I can smack talk Meredith with Johnny. :huglove:

The spinoff has potential but I think they need to tone the characters down a bit. They were all almost cartoonish.

Erin
05-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I've never even seen an episode before. I'll have to check it out. Is this show one of those guilty pleasures like Nip/Tuck?

Patrick
05-10-2007, 04:23 PM
...I can smack talk Meredith ...

The spinoff has potential but I think they need to tone the characters down a bit. They were all almost cartoonish.

I agree on both points, Bethany.

I'm impressed that they actually made me believe that George and Izzy could work. I would've thought it totally unbelievable if you'd asked earlier.

...um, not that I watch that trash or anything. :nope: :blush:

johnny
05-11-2007, 02:56 AM
I forgot I can smack talk Meredith with Johnny. :huglove:

lol, and the characters in Grey's aren't?

:P

I guess it seemed to have potential IMO because Grey's seems to be losing steam and getting stagnant. last nights episode was decent though.

Odetta
05-11-2007, 06:32 AM
I've never even seen an episode before. I'll have to check it out. Is this show one of those guilty pleasures like Nip/Tuck?

no... it's nowhere near as "interesting" as Nip/Tuck.

It's your basic hospital drama... funnier than ER but more of a drama than Scrubs.

johnny
05-11-2007, 02:17 PM
yea its pretty much garbage. I watch it anyway.

Hannah
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
George and Izzy? The idea is laughable. Whatever happened to morning Denny? He was hot. George is not.

I used to like Meredith, but she annoys me now. :arg:

Bethany
05-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I've never liked Meredith. I think it was the crooked mouth that began my otherwise baseless dislike. Then I found out what a skank she is.

Hannah
05-12-2007, 11:03 AM
She is kind of a skank, but that doesn't annoy me as much as her tendency to push people away when they try to help her.

You're not my mother.
You're not my father.

whine, cry, bitch.

johnny
05-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm still hoping they kill her off.

they would only have to change a single letter of the title to have it still fit with the show.

Hannah
05-13-2007, 03:02 PM
They already did the whole "Meredith might die" thing in the episode where she almost drowns. She was supposed to be all changed and shit from her near-death experience, but I haven't noticed any change except that she got more annoying.

For me, this show has gone downhill ever since they killed off Denny. :angry:

ZoNeSeeK
05-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Sometimes, I just want to smack Meredith in the face with a large rock.

Odetta
05-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Sometimes????!!!!

Bethany
05-14-2007, 12:21 PM

This Aussie dude is really starting to grow on me. :cool:

ZoNeSeeK
05-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I should probably stop reading this thread though because even though im not a die hard fan, we are a season behind you guys and i will probably end up telling diem something I shouldnt and then I probably wont get laid :)

ZoNeSeeK
05-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Just on that thought, Ive changed the thread title to warn people that it may contain spoilers.

johnny
05-14-2007, 06:03 PM
don't they show all the new episodes on the networks website?

ZoNeSeeK
05-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Not over here, no :P

We could just download them I guess but its not high priority :P We're fully up to date on ER though

Bethany
05-15-2007, 02:34 AM
I saw yesterday that Addison's spin off has been picked up for the fall.

Odetta
05-15-2007, 06:27 AM

This Aussie dude is really starting to grow on me. :cool:

yeah, just watch it, his roots will bore into your soul. :borg:

(in a good way, of course)

ZoNeSeeK
05-15-2007, 03:53 PM
hehe .. root.

Bethany
05-18-2007, 02:37 AM
That was a most uninspired and punked out season finale I've seen in a while.

Hannah
05-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Yea, especially the whole cop out over

who would be chief

I guess the writers didn't want to make a decision about that this season.

I found the whole story line between Karev and Ava the most interesting thing that has happened to this show since ... Denny Duquette died. But then they have to go and screw that storyline up, too. Just once I'd like the writers to do the whole "happy ending" thing.

Sorry about the spoiler tags, but I know there are people who are a season behind and I'm hoping I didn't already spoil some things in my previous posts. :doh:

She-Oy
05-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Let me just throw in my opinion, while I am a huge fan of the show. I'm so OVER the Mere/Dere thing. McDreamy is a selfish ass. Mere's a dumbass for not going with McVet in Season two.

I hope the writers can give the back and forth thing a rest next season.

Hannah
05-22-2007, 08:16 AM
I totally agree there. They were so much more fun when they weren't together and were sending each other lustful glances from across the room. At least then we were guaranteed some sort of naughty activity in a spare hospital room somewhere.

sarah
09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
and here comes season four. It took three seasons for them to do a year of interning. :rolleyes:

so how much do i hate the fact that Derek said to Meredith in the season finale "you're the love of my life" Really? are you really saying that? you two have spent like two months in "tv time" and now she's the love of your life and she looks at you and walks away? arrrg. They better shape up this season and it better be good or I'm out. The writing has got to improve. They are heading into their fourth season and they better hit a good stride. AND, why can't a guy and a girl be friends? what was wrong with izzie and george being friends? i'm so mad they messed all that up. I hope they fix that.

/rant

OchrisO
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
The problem with guys and girls being friends is the penis and vagina....and the hormones that drive them. :P

She-Oy
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Let me just say I agree with Maer on that one. I HATE HATE HATE the Izzie/George thing. It continues to leave a residual poo taste in my mouth. I hate George and Callie too, that's just cause I don't believe the love there.

In fact, the only relationship I did like was Burke and Christina, but since he had to go and name call his co-worker on set, Burke's gone for good.

I wish I could say I'm excited to see the premier tomorrow, but I'm not. I'll watch it, because I'm a glutton, but will I enjoy it or continue to spit out poo...that remains to be seen.

Patrick
10-01-2007, 04:32 PM
So. How about that season premiere the other night?

She-Oy
10-01-2007, 06:39 PM
It didn't do anything for me.

But let me tell you how much I love Brothers & Sisters...it's quickly taking Grey's place in my heart.

William50
12-28-2007, 08:46 PM
My mom watches that show. I dont see what the big deal is. Though, I have never watched it.