PDA

View Full Version : New "The Stand" Portfolio

Randall Flagg
06-05-2015, 01:46 PM
$300 and $500.
Ouch!

Only 15 of the $500 versions, and 40 of the $300 versions.

http://store.nakatomiinc.com/berniewrightsonsfrankenstein.aspx

These ten beautiful black and white drawings were originally produced for Stephen King’s now-classic novel THE STAND back in the 1980’s, and they are being offered here for the first and ONLY time as a limited edition letterpress print set, inside a hand-made portfolio case.

http://d35iinom98scd3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/WEB-spread-700x392.jpg (http://www.nakatomiinc.com/2015/06/04/bernie-wrightsons-the-stand-letterpress-portfolio-on-sale-info/web-spread/)

The prints themselves are expertly printed by Red Press Printing here in Austin, TX on heavyweight Arches 88 paper. Each frame-ready print measures 11 x 14 inches. The letterpress printing process produces rich, textured prints that showcase the quality of Wrightson’s line work, while also making each print in the edition a hand-made art object.

http://d35iinom98scd3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/bernie-book-700x525.jpg (http://www.nakatomiinc.com/2015/06/04/bernie-wrightsons-the-stand-letterpress-portfolio-on-sale-info/bernie-book/)

The hard-cover portfolio case books were custom hand-made by Cloverleaf Studio, also in Austin. Cloverleaf specializes in producing cases for valuable and rare editions- in many cases, centuries-old. The portfolios are crafted to perfectly hold the 10 prints, plus the signature plate- to prevent damage in shipping and for long-term storage of the prints. The prints are protected with glassine interleaving for further protection. Portfolios are covered in red book cloth on the outside and archival paperboard inside- as well as a hand-printed label set into the cover. Books measure just over 11.25 x 14.25 inches each.

http://d35iinom98scd3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/WEBboth-books-on-black-700x454.jpg (http://www.nakatomiinc.com/2015/06/04/bernie-wrightsons-the-stand-letterpress-portfolio-on-sale-info/webboth-books-on-black/)

The Stand portfolio is offered in two matched-number editions- a regular edition of 40, and an artist edition of 15. Both editions features signature plates, signed by Wrightson.

http://d35iinom98scd3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/WEB-sig-plate1.jpg (http://www.nakatomiinc.com/2015/06/04/bernie-wrightsons-the-stand-letterpress-portfolio-on-sale-info/web-sig-plate-2/)

All 10 prints in the artist edition will be signed by Wrightson and hand-numbered out of 15. Prints in the regular edition will be numbered out of 40.

http://d35iinom98scd3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/WEB-stand10-spread-602x1024.jpg (http://www.nakatomiinc.com/2015/06/04/bernie-wrightsons-the-stand-letterpress-portfolio-on-sale-info/web-stand10-spread/)

These letterpress editions will not be available on Nakatomi again. While we cannot guarantee specific number requests (meaning if you wanted set #3/40, etc.) we will be distributing these on a first-come first-served basis- the first order will get set #1, and so on.

These portfolios are a beautiful and rare addition to any Stephen King / Bernie Wrightson collection- Nakatomi is extremely honored to bring these classic illustrations by a living legend to our audience.

Regular edition of 40 will sell for $300, artist edition of 15 will sell for $500.

carlosdetweiller
06-05-2015, 02:03 PM
I'm usually tempted to get most everything I can but I am not tempted in the least by this new portfolio.

zelig
06-05-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm usually tempted to get most everything I can but I am not tempted in the least by this new portfolio.

I agree. I'm perfectly happy with the original portfolio. It might sound strange coming from me, but I don't see the need to purchase the same thing over and over in different editions. I may feel differently for books but with this new portfolio, I'm not that excited about it. There may be others who feel differently.

Randall Flagg
06-05-2015, 02:13 PM
I think the only temptation would be Wrightson's signature on every piece in the 1/15.
Given Mr. Wirightson's health issues, these could be rare.

killjoy72
06-05-2015, 02:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken, these are the same guys who also did a similar ($$$) portfolio of his Frankenstein work a while back.

wizardsrainbow
06-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Call me a fool....I ordered 2 of each...one for me and one to sell at Betts

Randall Flagg
06-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Down the road you will not be sorry-particularity for the 1/15.
I'd order 2 of each also, but I'm looking for other ways to spend $1.6K in the King world.

racerx45
06-05-2015, 02:46 PM

You are a fool and so am I. I also bought both although I only went for one of each. It did cross my mind to buy two of each but I wasn’t sure I wanted to sit on $800 to try and sell later.

zelig
06-05-2015, 03:05 PM

That's something we'd never call you David. Congrats on acquiring them!

Patrick
06-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Congrats, you guys. I'll pass on this one.

AKC
06-05-2015, 05:51 PM
I passed as well....

I think.

ICry4Oy
06-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Totally passing......

TCCBodhi
06-05-2015, 09:04 PM
I think I WOULD if I had some extra funds at the moment, and if there was anything new in the set.

Patrick
06-05-2015, 10:19 PM
At such low quantities, I expect these will sell out. For those passing on this portfolio, what is the price at which you would consider buying one or the other? Just out of curiosity.

jonp
06-05-2015, 11:17 PM
I don't have the original portfolio but have been meaning to get it. So instead of that I have just ordered an Artist Edition Portfolio, Thank you Jerome for posting!

stroppygoblin
06-06-2015, 02:48 AM
Anyone think these prices will influence the price of the original portfolios? Make them more or less desirable?

burial
06-06-2015, 03:59 AM
Anyone think these prices will influence the price of the original portfolios? Make them more or less desirable?

I have no idea about that.
i bought previous portfolio from David for $150. There also was a portfolio on ebay that was posted few times for $110 at start and no one bid for that. Recently David sold another one for $150.
I don't think that $300 for regular edition with one signed art is a good price when first portfolio is easily availabe for half of that. (But... the folder is better in the new one)

As for the artist edition... it's a better option... all arts are signed that means 9 more signed arts for "only" $200 more.

So... standard edition is overpriced or artist edition is underpriced.

I wish it was a portfolio from Cycle of Werewolf... that one i would buy.

killjoy72
06-06-2015, 04:40 AM
^
I agree.
I'm also passing on this. But if it were around the same price as the original ($150ish) then I'd probably consider getting one.

webstar1000
06-06-2015, 04:56 AM
I passed. Can't see these going to much higher in value either...

Phalucha
06-06-2015, 05:20 AM
I picked upan artist edition this morning. It looks like a beautiful set and I have revered Bernie since I was a kid. Best thing is it will fit on my bookcase!

jhanic
06-06-2015, 07:28 AM
I have the original portfolio (black cover, #1098 of 1200 and signed by Wrightson) and a set of blue lines. I have no desire for this new one.

John

stroppygoblin
06-06-2015, 11:24 AM
I have the original portfolio (black cover, #1098 of 1200 and signed by Wrightson) and a set of blue lines.

John

what do you mean by this John?

jhanic
06-06-2015, 11:37 AM
I have the original portfolio (black cover, #1098 of 1200 and signed by Wrightson) and a set of blue lines.

John

The blue lines are a pre-publication item set up by the printers so they can set up the printing machinery. I'll post some pics if possible if I can dig them out.

John

Kingfan24
06-06-2015, 12:09 PM

John

See my collection thread - I have the blue lines for insomnia posted

stroppygoblin
06-06-2015, 12:24 PM

John

The blue lines are a pre-publication item set up by the printers so they can set up the printing machinery. I'll post some pics if possible if I can dig them out.

John

John

See my collection thread - I have the blue lines for insomnia posted

got it - thanks

herbertwest
06-07-2015, 01:15 AM
So, the pages states that there will be 10 prints from the book.
If I remember correctly, there were 12 illustrations in the book + 1 an unused illustration that was later printed in other books (ie : FREAK SHOW, by Berni Wrightson)

10 out of the 12 illustrations, that sounds like an incomplete portfolio to me ??

killjoy72
06-07-2015, 04:46 AM
Yeah, that's another thing that bothered me about this one.

carlosdetweiller
06-07-2015, 06:09 AM
That leaves the door open for them to publish another portfolio next year touting it as "The Complete Portfolio Edition!"

And the year after that they can publish "The Complete Portfolio - Anniversary Edition" and so on.

jonp
06-08-2015, 11:04 AM
These are beginning to ship. Just got a shipping notice.

webstar1000
06-08-2015, 11:22 AM
That leaves the door open for them to publish another portfolio next year touting it as "The Complete Portfolio Edition!"

And the year after that they can publish "The Complete Portfolio - Anniversary Edition" and so on.

I really feel for the older collectors like you Bob. I just made a comment on the PS thread and was treated with a kind of "smart-ass" response in return to my rhetorical question... "how many special editions of the same book do we need?" You and many other fellow members here have been at it for a lifetime... and it must be frustrating when for years and years... the excitement of one... maybe two King collectables would come up. They would be signed and priced well! Now, you must feel like it's a bit of a money grab... like this year we really have no new King signed things but a ton of "special editions". Did I buy some? Sure... all.. no. Do I want all these? No... it frustrates me as a newer collector. I can only imagine how you must feel at times and perhaps that maybe you would feel taken advantage of a bit being a "completest".

amd013
06-08-2015, 11:54 AM

I really feel for the older collectors like you Bob. I just made a comment on the PS thread and was treated with a kind of "smart-ass" response in return to my rhetorical question... "how many special editions of the same book do we need?" You and many other fellow members here have been at it for a lifetime... and it must be frustrating when for years and years... the excitement of one... maybe two King collectables would come up. They would be signed and priced well! Now, you must feel like it's a bit of a money grab... like this year we really have no new King signed things but a ton of "special editions". Did I buy some? Sure... all.. no. Do I want all these? No... it frustrates me as a newer collector. I can only imagine how you must feel at times and perhaps that maybe you would feel taken advantage of a bit being a "completest".

I agree webstar. When I saw that PS Pub was talking about a Salem's Lot edition, I was a little disappointed, as I feel this dilutes the specialness of the already existing limited editions. I used to be big into collecting comic books, almost exclusively Marvel. I quit in 1996 or so because there were just too many #1 issues, which were an obvious money grab. There were other reasons, but they are beyond the scope of this discussion. I really hope that the same isn't happening to SK books/item collecting. In the long run I think these multiple limited editions by different publishers well hurt the appreciation of the value of these books. But obviously the secondary market isn't their concern.

Mike

jonp
06-08-2015, 11:58 AM

I agreed with you totally here, Kris. All these duplicate anniversary editions are totally unnecessary. I am struggling with all these financially and my enthusiasm for these is waning. I have spent £5000 on two PS lettereds to far, but to keep up my letter I have to keep up with the series. But how many of these are there going to be? 10? I cannot imagine spending £25K on 10 books!

racerx45
06-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Anyone else notice that one of the illustrations in the new portfolio was not in the original portfolio?

Theli
06-08-2015, 01:21 PM

Wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just calling it like I see it. As a newer collector the only thing that annoys about PS's business model is the price of lettered editions, but dems the breaks. I'll pick up multiples of some books, and none of others, just the name of the game.

herbertwest
06-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Anyone else notice that one of the illustrations in the new portfolio was not in the original portfolio?

Which one?
So now it becomes a portfolio with 9 from the original illustrations + 1 new?
Compared to the original 12 illustrations + 1 that was only published in other books?

Sort of a mess if you ask me... should maybe ask the publisher about this concern?

Randall Flagg
06-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Yes.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1433801531-new%20stand%20portfolio.png

Randall Flagg
06-08-2015, 02:40 PM
That image shows me with my back to tribesmen. Of course my muscles are a bit more defined, but Wrightson didn't think readers would believe Flagg looked more muscle bound than "The Terminator" (@25 YRS. old).

Papaseraphim
06-08-2015, 03:19 PM
The resemblance is definitely there! :biggrin1:

That image shows me with my back to tribesmen. Of course my muscles are a bit more defined, but Wrightson didn't think readers would believe Flagg looked more muscle bound than "The Terminator" (@25 YRS. old).

carlosdetweiller
06-08-2015, 03:40 PM
Yes.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1433801531-new%20stand%20portfolio.png

I'm happy to see that illustration included. I bought the original artwork on eBay years ago and actually liked it much better than the one that was used. I'll have to look at my records but I don't remember paying much for it at all since it was an "unused, extra" illustration.

Scoogs
06-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Letterpress will be awesome. About time someone did this the right way.
Still not buying either edition though, I just don't collect any of the portfolios.

mattgreenbean
06-09-2015, 09:32 AM
Yes.

What part of the book is this in reference to??

webstar1000
06-09-2015, 09:59 AM
Yes.

I'm happy to see that illustration included. I bought the original artwork on eBay years ago and actually liked it much better than the one that was used. I'll have to look at my records but I don't remember paying much for it at all since it was an "unused, extra" illustration.

Bob, I would love to view all of the art you have acquired over the years. Perhaps you could do an art thread? Very impressed Canadian here eh:)

mikeC
06-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Yes.

The end in the Uncut Edition. The other version is with Flagg facing the tribe, arms outstretched.

amd013
06-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Yes.

The epilogue, can't remember if it was in the unabridged version or not

Randall Flagg
06-09-2015, 11:25 AM
It's the end of the Uncut The Stand:

He awoke at dawn.
He had his boots on.
He sat up and looked around himself. He was on a beach as white as bone. Above

him, a ceramic sky of cloudless blue stood tall and far. Beyond him, a turquoise sea broke far out upon a reef and then came in gently, surging up and between strange boats that were
(canoes outrigger canoes)
He knew that . . . but how?
He got to his feet and almost fell. He was shaky. Bad off. Felt hung over.
He turned around. Green jungle seemed to leap out at his eyes, a dark forested

tangle of vines and broad leaves and lush, blooming flowers that were
(as pink as a chorus girl's nipple)
He was bewildered again.
What was a chorus girl?
For that matter, what was a nipple?
A macaw screamed at the sight of him, flew away blindly, crashed into the

thick bole of an old banyan tree, and fell dead at the foot of it with its legs sticking up.
(sat him on the table with his legs stickin up)
A mongoose looked at his flushed, beard-scruffy face and died of a brain embolism.
(in come sis with a spoon and a glass)
A beetle that had been trundling busily up the trunk of a nipa palm turned black and shriveled to a husk with tiny blue bolts of electricity frizzing for a moment between its antennae.
(and starts dippin gravy from its yass-yass-yass.)
Who am I?

He didn't know.
Where am I?
What did it matter?
He began to walk--stagger--toward the verge of the jungle. He was light-headed with hunger. The sound of the surf boomed hollowly in his ears like the beat of crazy blood. His mind was as empty as the mind of a newborn child.
He was halfway to the edge of the deep green when it parted and three men came
out. Then four. Then there were half a dozen. They were brown, smooth-skinned folk. They stared at him. He stared back.
Things began to come.
The six men became eight. The eight became a dozen. They all held spears. They began to raise them threateningly. The man with the beardstubble on his face looked at them. He was wearing jeans and old sprung cowboy boots; nothing else. His upper body was as white as the belly of a carp and dreadfully wasted.
The spears came all the way up. Then one of the brown men--the leader--choked out one word over and over again, a word that sounded like Yun-nah!
Yep, things were coming.
Righty-O.
His name, for one thing.
He smiled. .
That smile was like a red sun breaking through a black cloud. It exposed bright white teeth and amazing blazing eyes. He turned his lineless palms out to face them in the universal gesture of peace.
Before the force of that grin they were lost. The spears fell to the sand; one of them struck point-down and hung there at an angle, quivering.
"Do you speak English?"
They only looked.
"Habla espanol?"
No they didn't. They definitely did not habla fucking espanol.
What did that mean?
Where was he?
Well, it would come in time. Rome wasn't built in a day, nor Akron, Ohio, for that matter. And the place didn't matter.
The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there . . . and still on your feet.
"Parlez-vows franqais?"
No answer. They stared at him, fascinated.
He tried them in German, and then bellowed laughter at their stupid, sheepy faces. One of them began to sob helplessly, like a child.
They are simple folk. Primitive; simple; unlettered. But I can use them. Yes, I can use them perfectly well.
He advanced toward them, lineless palms still turned outward, still smiling. His eyes sparkled with warm and lunatic joy.
"My name is Russell Faraday," he said in a slow, clear voice. "I have a mission."
They stared at him, all eyes, all dismay, all fascination.
"I have come to help you."
They began to drop on their knees and bow their heads before him, and as his
dark, dark shadow fell among them, his grin widened. "I've come to teach you how to be civilized!" "Yun-nah!" the chief sobbed in joy and terror. And as he kissed Russell
Faraday's feet, the dark man began to laugh. He laughed and laughed and laughed. Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.

carlosdetweiller
06-09-2015, 01:20 PM
I had a PM request to post a photo of this alternate artwork that was not used in the initial book but found its way into the new portfolio.

It is a nice sized piece with the actual image size 14 1/2" x 11". I can't remember when I bought it and have no record of buying it. I'm sure it was on eBay and I would guess it was in the $600 range. Not nearly the price of a piece that was used in the book. Those were going for $2K and up if they ever were offered for sale. Above the image (in pencil) is written "Before the force of that grin they were lost." I had it hanging in the basement for the longest time but because of space it ultimately was sent to the closet. I had almost forgotten about it until I saw the image posted earlier in this thread and I thought "Hey.....wait a minute..."

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/wrightsonstandalternate_zpsabqsg9ob.jpg

burial
06-09-2015, 01:25 PM
I had a PM request to post a photo of this alternate artwork that was not used in the initial book but found its way into the new portfolio.

It is a nice sized piece with the actual image size 14 1/2" x 11". I can't remember when I bought it and have no record of buying it. I'm sure it was on eBay and I would guess it was in the $600 range. Not nearly the price of a piece that was used in the book. Those were going for $2K and up if they ever were offered for sale. Above the image (in pencil) is written "Before the force of that grin they were lost." I had it hanging in the basement for the longest time but because of space it ultimately was sent to the closet. I had almost forgotten about it until I saw the image posted earlier in this thread and I thought "Hey.....wait a minute..."

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/wrightsonstandalternate_zpsabqsg9ob.jpg

You keep THAT in a closet?
Can i move in there?

Aronstg
06-09-2015, 01:30 PM
It's the end of the Uncut The Stand:

He awoke at dawn.
He had his boots on.
He sat up and looked around himself. He was on a beach as white as bone. Above

him, a ceramic sky of cloudless blue stood tall and far. Beyond him, a turquoise sea broke far out upon a reef and then came in gently, surging up and between strange boats that were
(canoes outrigger canoes)
He knew that . . . but how?
He got to his feet and almost fell. He was shaky. Bad off. Felt hung over.
He turned around. Green jungle seemed to leap out at his eyes, a dark forested

tangle of vines and broad leaves and lush, blooming flowers that were
(as pink as a chorus girl's nipple)
He was bewildered again.
What was a chorus girl?
For that matter, what was a nipple?
A macaw screamed at the sight of him, flew away blindly, crashed into the

thick bole of an old banyan tree, and fell dead at the foot of it with its legs sticking up.
(sat him on the table with his legs stickin up)
A mongoose looked at his flushed, beard-scruffy face and died of a brain embolism.
(in come sis with a spoon and a glass)
A beetle that had been trundling busily up the trunk of a nipa palm turned black and shriveled to a husk with tiny blue bolts of electricity frizzing for a moment between its antennae.
(and starts dippin gravy from its yass-yass-yass.)
Who am I?

He didn't know.
Where am I?
What did it matter?
He began to walk--stagger--toward the verge of the jungle. He was light-headed with hunger. The sound of the surf boomed hollowly in his ears like the beat of crazy blood. His mind was as empty as the mind of a newborn child.
He was halfway to the edge of the deep green when it parted and three men came
out. Then four. Then there were half a dozen. They were brown, smooth-skinned folk. They stared at him. He stared back.
Things began to come.
The six men became eight. The eight became a dozen. They all held spears. They began to raise them threateningly. The man with the beardstubble on his face looked at them. He was wearing jeans and old sprung cowboy boots; nothing else. His upper body was as white as the belly of a carp and dreadfully wasted.
The spears came all the way up. Then one of the brown men--the leader--choked out one word over and over again, a word that sounded like Yun-nah!
Yep, things were coming.
Righty-O.
His name, for one thing.
He smiled. .
That smile was like a red sun breaking through a black cloud. It exposed bright white teeth and amazing blazing eyes. He turned his lineless palms out to face them in the universal gesture of peace.
Before the force of that grin they were lost. The spears fell to the sand; one of them struck point-down and hung there at an angle, quivering.
"Do you speak English?"
They only looked.
"Habla espanol?"
What did that mean?
Where was he?
Well, it would come in time. Rome wasn't built in a day, nor Akron, Ohio, for that matter. And the place didn't matter.
The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there . . . and still on your feet.
"Parlez-vows franqais?"
No answer. They stared at him, fascinated.
He tried them in German, and then bellowed laughter at their stupid, sheepy faces. One of them began to sob helplessly, like a child.
They are simple folk. Primitive; simple; unlettered. But I can use them. Yes, I can use them perfectly well.
He advanced toward them, lineless palms still turned outward, still smiling. His eyes sparkled with warm and lunatic joy.
"My name is Russell Faraday," he said in a slow, clear voice. "I have a mission."
They stared at him, all eyes, all dismay, all fascination.
"I have come to help you."
They began to drop on their knees and bow their heads before him, and as his
dark, dark shadow fell among them, his grin widened. "I've come to teach you how to be civilized!" "Yun-nah!" the chief sobbed in joy and terror. And as he kissed Russell
Faraday's feet, the dark man began to laugh. He laughed and laughed and laughed. Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.

That feeling when you realize that what Bob has stashed away in his closet is probably 10 times than any collection I can HOPE to ever have. LOL

All joking aside.. I love Wrightson's work!

TCCBodhi
06-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Can I say that though I knew Flagg made it that, and that I prefer most of the additions in the uncut version that I prefer the originally published ending where it ends with Stu and Fran saying "I don't know".

***Of course, I can say it, just haven't seen a whole lot of love for the "original" ending over the Epilogue ending.

Randall Flagg
06-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Can I say that though I knew Flagg made it that, and that I prefer most of the additions in the uncut version that I prefer the originally published ending where it ends with Stu and Fran saying "I don't know".

***Of course, I can say it, just haven't seen a whole lot of love for the "original" ending over the Epilogue ending.
The Uncut version ends the same.
Then "The Circle Closes"
You can have it both ways with the Uncut (As King intended the ending). Just stop at "I don't know"

Randall Flagg
06-09-2015, 01:51 PM

Above the image (in pencil) is written "Before the force of that grin they were lost." I had it hanging in the basement for the longest time but because of space it ultimately was sent to the closet. I had almost forgotten about it until I saw the image posted earlier in this thread and I thought "Hey.....wait a minute..."

He smiled. .
"Do you speak English?"
They only looked.
"Habla espanol?"
What did that mean?
Where was he?
Well, it would come in time. Rome wasn't built in a day,

TCCBodhi
06-09-2015, 02:29 PM
That is a pretty amazing sentence in connection with RF: Before the force of that grin they were lost. Charisma personified.

Randall Flagg
06-24-2015, 11:14 AM
So for those that have received them, what are your thoughts?

racerx45
06-24-2015, 09:20 PM
So I finally had a chance to do a side by side comparison. The quality/production is noticeably better on the new one. The hard cover book-cloth portfolio is without question nicer than the heavy stock embossed portfolio.

On the plates the size difference is what it is. The weight of the paper is about the same but the old one is a smoother paper and has a glossy look to it, the new one has some texture and a matte finish. One thing I like on the old one is having the plate number and scene description on it.

On the printing/artwork the new one has a warmer richer feel to it and the old one is a crisper cooler feel. In the closes ups below the new one is on top. The new one shows more of the line work and the shadows have some depth to them. The old one the blacks are solid and some of the detail is lost.

Overall I am pleased with the news ones and happy to have the full set of both old and new.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2fIMVYj2smvnXtiG0r5Ct8ImP3Hj_rikch5-mDRMizs=w800-h869-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pdWmvHdggqo4lyTusPh7uqEjs4R-bjP0j_gU1ufx9A8=w1200-h889-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uQyd9HK1nzk4h76q_MwrpR2mKAaPK1uyad7oUVDtncQ=w1200-h733-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/gZjgESwn_z9jlwsyGLvyAjDW_iMqOLFtP0VXK7ung8c=w1200-h806-no

herbertwest
06-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Are there any differences in the illustrations available in the both portfoflios?

Priest
06-25-2015, 02:14 AM
Are there any differences in the illustrations available in the both portfoflios?

the new one is 11 (right ?) the old one 12 (signed 13)
so which is missing ?

and thanks a lot for the comparison!
so everybody can decide if he will go for the new one.

still 28 of the regular edition available

racerx45
06-25-2015, 07:44 AM

Yes, the new one is 10 plates; one of those was not in the original. So one new image, there was some talk about it earlier in this tread Post #36 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19196-New-quot-The-Stand-quot-Portfolio&p=927426&viewfull=1#post927426). Bob was nice enough to post showing his original print of that image here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19196-New-quot-The-Stand-quot-Portfolio&p=927680&viewfull=1#post927680)

the new one is 11 (right ?) the old one 12 (signed 13)
so which is missing ?

and thanks a lot for the comparison!
so everybody can decide if he will go for the new one.

still 28 of the regular edition available

The plates absent in this edition are #1, #2 and #4.

You are welcome on the comparison, I had fun doing it. It gave me a chance to really appreciate Berni’s artistry.

Phalucha
06-25-2015, 03:56 PM
I thought it was a pretty nice production and practically speaking at least it will fit on a bookcase. Nice to have each print signed as well.

killjoy72
06-26-2015, 05:30 AM
There's definitely a discernible difference, as far as line quality is concerned.
I just wish I could afford one!