PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Haven Fund Raiser

Merlin1958
05-20-2015, 11:06 AM
With the books almost closed on the 2015 campaign, comes the burden of next years' goals!!! It will be a monumental task to meet or exceed this years totals. So I thought it prudent to get right to work!!!

I thought we could use this thread to identify potential donors, HF themed campaigns and anything that may help raise funds for next year. If you're "In", let me know and the planning can begin!!!

We will need a copy of "The Talisman" the 1984 edition for starters!!!

SystemCrashOverRide
05-20-2015, 11:36 AM
I would like to help in any capacity I can, perhaps through artwork or perhaps not. You're quick to move on aren't you Bill? ;)

Merlin1958
05-20-2015, 12:00 PM
I would like to help in any capacity I can, perhaps through artwork or perhaps not. You're quick to move on aren't you Bill? ;)

Well, with an anticipated goal exceeding this years', I thought it would be prudent to get busy!!! If you can stockpile a few art pieces in books for next year that would be great!!!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Count me in, I'm ready to roll when you are Bill. You need a copy of "The Talisman" 1984 edition? I'm on it!!! :couple:

TCCBodhi
05-20-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm in with those items that I mentioned in my PMs a few days ago if you want them for the minor cleanup work. And taking a closer look at my hardcover Talisman reveals it is a 1st ed. DJ is pretty good for decades of shelf life. The boards and cloth spine are worn from many readings but is otherwise straight and cleaner than expected. Minute folds on the top corners of 2 pages.

Merlin1958
05-20-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm in with those items that I mentioned in my PMs a few days ago if you want them for the minor cleanup work.

:rock::rock::rock:

Merlin1958
06-05-2015, 02:12 PM
I realize that I have "officially" announced my retirement as the "Haven Fund Whore", but I thought it prudent to mention to you all that, Artists do not live forever. Glen Orbik, (R.I.P.) had agreed to do a piece for next year. Bernie Wrightson, is having health issues. I am not praying upon their troubles, but I am, as a final act, letting you all know that these HF originals have limitations. So, next year when considering a piece remember, you may have this only opportunity to get one. To their credit, most of the artists are firmly behind our efforts, but life does intercede. Bear that in mind.