PDA

View Full Version : X-Men (20th Century Fox)

Pages : [1] 2

turtlex
12-15-2008, 02:21 PM
This looks soooo cool. No question where I will be on May 1, 2009.

http://www.myspace.com/x-menorigins

Gambit, baby!

Arthur Heath
12-15-2008, 02:34 PM
I was literally copying the link to post this. Great minds think alike!
And yes, Gambit is my whole reason for watching this. He looks friggin awesome. It look like they may do him right! High flying acrobatics, bad ass moves with his staff and of course extremely slick with his playing cards.

turtlex
12-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I am psyched for this movie! Great minds, indeed !

turtlex
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.x-menorigins.com/

Watch your sound volume!

flaggwalkstheline
12-15-2008, 02:56 PM
AAHHHHHH!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH AHHHHHH AAAAAHHH AAAAHHHAAAHYEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I think I saw deadpool and emma frost and scenes from the origin comic book in there!

turtlex
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Looks to be good ( trying not to get my hopes up too high )!

We should all do a Movie Day - all go on opening day and then come back and discuss!

flaggwalkstheline
12-15-2008, 03:10 PM
and was that mariko yushido I saw getting hot n heavy with wolvie?!
major nerdgasm

turtlex
12-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh, I'm comigasm'ing all over the place :D

NOT IMPRESSED with The Blob, however.

Primary Cast per IMDB :

Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine

Ryan Reynolds ... Wade Wilson / Deadpool

Liev Schreiber ... Victor Creed / Sabretooth

Dominic Monaghan ... Barnell Bohusk / Beak

Lynn Collins ... Silver Fox

Danny Huston ... William Stryker

Daniel Henney ... David North / Agent Zero

Taylor Kitsch ... Remy LeBeau / Gambit

Kevin Durand ... Frederick J. Dukes / The Blob

fernandito
12-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Movie looks awesome, but for God's sake - that whole "walking slowly/calmly towards the camera while something blows up behind me" routine is really getting on my nerves.

Arthur Heath
12-15-2008, 06:23 PM
The trailer appears to have a young storm (small dark female with all white hair) which would tie Gambit in. I dont think that was Mariko, but Silverfox, Wolvies first fling. Jackman has mentioned how he would LOVE to do the Japanese background of Wolverine in the next film. That would then include Mariko and Silver Samurai.
I wish they would use Deadpools (comic) costume. I always thought it was pretty cool. Emma Frosts transformation to diamond form looks pretty cheesy.

turtlex
12-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Movie looks awesome, but for God's sake - that whole "walking slowly/calmly towards the camera while something blows up behind me" routine is really getting on my nerves.

I think it's a Action Picture Law... that scene must be included. Insert any action star walking away ( usually Bruce Willis ).

The trailer appears to have a young storm (small dark female with all white hair) which would tie Gambit in. I dont think that was Mariko, but Silverfox, Wolvies first fling. Jackman has mentioned how he would LOVE to do the Japanese background of Wolverine in the next film. That would then include Mariko and Silver Samurai.
I wish they would use Deadpools (comic) costume. I always thought it was pretty cool. Emma Frosts transformation to diamond form looks pretty cheesy.

I thought the Blob looked cheesey as well, but then reminded myself that this is just the first trailer and no where near what we're going to see for final special effects.

I just hope they keep Gambit as cool as he is and don't mess with him. I am really liking Liev as Sabertooth. As least the fourteen seconds that we saw him. Wonder if we'll see any other cameos, like in the other X-Men movies. Of course, in the Marvelverse, doesn't Remy end up with Rogue? I know I have a comic mini-series called Gambit and Rogue from years and years ago.

turtlex
12-16-2008, 11:07 AM
High Def - MySpace Video X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE HD by X-Men Origins

Rjeso
12-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Schreiber is always badass in anything he does. I can't believe people are bitching just because he's not blonde.

I also lament the non-use of the full Deadpool body suit. Also, man, I'd love it if he breaks the fourth wall in the movie, too, and starts talking to the audience. :lol:

fernandito
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Liev Schriebner as Sabertooth was not the best of casting choices, IMAO.

turtlex
12-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Feev - who would you have liked?

From what I saw, he's looking pretty kicking cool.

Matt
12-16-2008, 01:48 PM
The freakish guy with the chin from the Scream movies?!?!?

Not real high on that

turtlex
12-16-2008, 01:54 PM
:wtf:

flaggwalkstheline
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
I think its gonna be difficult to present victor creed (saber tooth) in a serious manner after the semi-camp portrayal by a wrestler in the first x men film

turtlex
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
That's sort of why I was digging Liev... he's at least got some acting chops.

Rjeso
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Exactly. The dude is SO BADASS. He was even badass in Phantoms, as craptacular as that "movie" was....

(Also, off-topic, but turtlex, I love that Anne Hathaway quote in your sig. Rock on.)

turtlex
12-16-2008, 04:59 PM
You know, I hate to get my hopes up - but I'm liking what I see so far.

I'm a big Gambit fan, so that's my worry - please don't make Gambit a wimp or whatever. Just don't mess with him! He's freakin' awesome. What I saw, what little, I liked.

Not like in X-Men when it was cool shot of Ben Foster as Angel and then... what the? Where did he go in the movie?!?

Remy is a great character, and I just hope they let him be as cool as he is!

I'm keeping an open mind about Liev, I think he's gonna be a great Sabertooth. Yeah, those are my fingers crossed.

( off topic - Thanks, Rjeso. My favorite quote from this year, for sure )

Spencer
12-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm hoping the big twist from Wolverine:Origin is in there, otherwise, I just want a good movie. Scratching my head about what in the hell Gambit and Storm have to do with any of this. :lol:

turtlex
12-20-2008, 03:04 AM
Not sure about Storm, but I recall reading some comic years back where Gambit and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants ( such a subtle gang name ) were fighting against Wolverine, and they were these big enemies. However, I'm fairly sure that was with all the X-Men.

Honestly, I'm just happy to see Gambit. I doubt they're following any true timeline in the Marvelverse.

Spencer
12-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Yeah, I just saw the cast list up there, and I'm all confuzzled. :lol: They should have called it it "The Early Years" :lol:

SigTauGimp
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Gambit.
*sigh*
Remy can call me anytime. :cool:
I'm with the general group on that. That's the most exciting thing to come to comic book movies to me since the first Spiderman movie.

turtlex
02-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Posters :
http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/xmen_origins_wolverine_movie_poster.jpg

http://www.marvel.com/i/content/st/6758new_storyimage3359058.jpg

turtlex
04-20-2009, 03:47 AM
WOLVERINE : Advanced tickets for a Friday 00:01am ( ie - Midnight ) show are now on-sale !!!

Unfortunately, there isn't a theater local to me that's doing a midnight show, so I will be going on Friday morning around 11am ( first available show )....

.... um, yeah, I took the day off from work. :blush:

turtlex
04-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I've got my tickets for the 12:01am show ...

... interestingly, my local theater said they're not selling very well... at least not yet.

valtr0n
04-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Any of you watch the leaked movie?

turtlex
04-27-2009, 02:12 PM
I saw pieces, but honestly, I want to be surprised on opening night.

valtr0n
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, you're going to be surprised, all right.

turtlex
04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Surprisingly, this doesn't sound good....

valtr0n
04-27-2009, 04:57 PM
It may be different than the leaked version, they said it was incomplete. I'll still probably go see it in the theaters, that way if I don't like it I can genuinely say "I paid to see it and I hated it." I just don't hold out extremely high hopes for it. When I saw the first trailer I was blown away and wanted so desperately to see it, but I did a complete 180 once I saw the actual movie.

sleeplessdwarf
04-27-2009, 06:22 PM
The leaked copy was only incomplete in some of the cgi. It was kinda funny to see the few scenes like that. If there is indeed more of the movie I will be going to see it again. It was pretty good and much better than I thought. Anyone know if they plan to do this with more characters?

valtr0n
04-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Apparently there will be multiple secret endings, and the one you get will depend on which theater you view it at.

turtlex
04-28-2009, 02:23 AM
What?!?

valt, where did you hear that?

Sam
04-28-2009, 05:21 AM
I think that's some sort of bullshit propaganda to get people to see the film multiple times.

turtlex
04-28-2009, 05:29 AM
This is the first I heard of it, so I'm hoping valt pops back in to give us more info.

Not as if I wasn't going to see it multiple times, but shite... I don't want to have to drive all across the US to make sure I see every ending.

Sam
04-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Google "Wolverine multiple endings" and you'll see the articles. If it's true, I still won't go to see the movie more than I want to, and I went to see "Jingle All The Way" just to see the Star Wars preview that played before the film. I'll catch the other endings on the dvd that will be released in like three months. I just need to make sure I buy the special "adamantium" edition as opposed to the regular special edition or the regular edition. I bet the special ultimate edition will be the best one, but also out of my price range. None of the above editions mentioned have been solicited. I just thought it sounded funny.:wtf:

turtlex
04-28-2009, 07:17 AM
You laugh... but if it happens... I know I'll own all three... in Blu-Ray!

turtlex
04-29-2009, 05:14 AM
valt was on the money! Thanks man!

LOS ANGELES – Fans of "Wolverine" who watched the online leak of the film won't miss one thing by skipping the theater — they'll miss at least two.

Director Gavin Hood says the theatrical version of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," due out Friday, features two different "Easter egg" endings. The short bits of footage play after the credits and reveal important information about key characters. Hood says the two endings play on separate prints, so different theaters may show different footage.

The full-length work print leaked last month has a different ending than the one recently screened for reporters.

turtlex
05-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Okay, so I'm home from the midnight show.

We got to the theater at about 10pm, and were the first in line.

Around 11pm, everyone started showing up... by 5 of 12 or so, the theater was pretty full... I'd say about 75% or so. Really good for a THURSDAY night.

In general - I liked it, and my girlfriend loved it. They do give you a lot of information, that's for sure.

Hugh Jackman - I think he's a great Wolverine, and that's not changed.

Liev Schreiber - Very good here. No disappointments at all. He's got that uncanny ability to be .... intimidating.

Spoilers : Read At Your Own Risk If You Haven't Seen The Movie Yet :

No Stan Lee cameo!

Gambit is in precious little of this movie. I mean, he's got one real scene where you see his abilities and then... what the heck? It looked so cool - when he powered up the cards! And then.... I swear, I can't believe it. On the other hand, at least they didn't ruin the character, because he had no screen time to ruin it in! I liked Taylor Kitsch and really wish they'd featured him more. His own movie? I would not mind... I liked what I saw, just wish there were more of it.

World Class Texas Hold'em poker player Daniel Negreanu has about one second of screen time, he's playing poker with Gambit.

Lynn Collins as Silverfox was really good. I had no expectations and was pleasantly surprised by what she did.

Both Dominic Monaghan and Will.I.Am were horrible. I couldn't stand either one. Neither could act or hold the screen. A complete waste of characters. That said - DM isn't in that much, but unfortunately, Will.I.Am is.

Deadpool isn't exactly a great villian. Kind of boring actually, and Ryan Reynolds is bland.

The big winners here, to me, are both Schreiber and Jackman. They played very well off of one another and have a great chemistry. Every scene they were in crackled.

Oh, and I asked the theater and they said that they were given two different prints and refer to them as A and B, for the different endings... which are after the crawl... at the very end.

That's all for now. Heading off to bed.

Deadpool - Killed by Wolverine, decapitated.... reaches for his own head.... apparently alive afterall.

Seymour_Glass
05-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I disagree about Monaghan; his character was scripted blander than cardboard soup. He made it a character. Then died before anyone could really care.

Overall, it was an entertaining film. But, as a comic nerd, I have to give it the official Meh. Jackman was good.
They screwed up Emma Frost. She and Cyke are like my faves in the comics, and they had to go to the trouble of making her one of the freaking Twilight "vampires". Lookit me, I'm glitty! Cyke was okay in this movie. But why were they there at all?

And it wasn't very cohesive.

turtlex
05-01-2009, 10:28 PM
SG -

Okay, I will give you that about DM. The script for him sucked.... but, that touching his temple thing. Um. Stupid.

I thought it was sort of interesting, putting Cyclops there, since his interaction with Logan in the first X-Men movie was all about "hating" one another. Would he not have remembered that Logan saved his life....

I liked it. The more I've been thinking on it, I realize they ( the proverbial "they" meaning "Those who get to make my favorite comics into movies ) can't get everything right or it would take too many hours to tell each story.

Mordred Deschain
05-03-2009, 06:03 AM
going to see it about an hour, will report back after! *salutes*

Sorry, I've collected the Wolverine comic and x-men since the early 80's, I'm geeked for this!

turtlex
05-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Mord - No apologies necessary, I already saw it once and am still geeked for it !

Mordred Deschain
05-03-2009, 09:59 AM
I got

Deadpool coming back at the end as the end of the credits end

Can we openly talk about this yet?

turtlex
05-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Probably best to spoiler it still, at least for the rest of Opening weekend.

Just spoiler your whole post, if you like.... Whaddya think !??!

Looks like I got the same "surprise" ending at mine - the theater called it Print A.

Mordred Deschain
05-03-2009, 10:31 AM
okay I'm just gona do it this way for right now.

I really did like it. I actually thought it was done better than the X-men movies. BUT..I do think the first X-men movie is awesome, it was the pre-cursor to all the CGI stuff and gave me hope that there would be really good comic book movies. Hell, I got my wish. I understand changing the story line to try and make the movie flow, but why couldn't they just keep him Canadian to begin with. My only huge let down is Dead Pool! That is not Deadpool that is not deadpool that is not deadpool!!! And if any of you really know who Deadpool is, then you would possibly think the same. If there are other endings to it, I wish I would have gotten a different one. I'm still letting the old brain work things out, so I'm sure there's more I'll have to say later. OH, ya, Cyclops. Not a huge disappointment that they put him in there, I don't know why they did, except he was probably the 2nd popular character from the movies and if the make another origin movie, it might be about him, which would be cool because maybe they'll finally have his brother Havoc.

All for now :panic:

turtlex
05-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Mord -

Oh, I completely agree about that Canadian thing. What an odd thing to change! I guess cause they wanted to establish him fighting his way through so many American wars, but still... I just found it sort of an odd change to make.

I was disappointed in Deadpool as well. As presented, he was a very blah kind of villian.

I really, really wanted more Gambit. Especially given the very little we saw of him, and how what we saw looked great... I loved the effect on the cards!!!!

Cyclops as the next "Origin" would be very cool - but you're right, they should also include Havok, and who knows if they would.

I thought Liev/Saber was great. He was very menacing and threatening, without them making him look like the Cowardly Lion ( see previous X-Men movie ).

I loved the X-Men movies. I think it's the characters. The movies would have to be pretty horrid in order for me to hate them.

Actually, the only comic book movies I didn't like - The Ang Lee Hulk... and the theatrical release of Daredevil. I did enjoy the Director's Cut of Daredevil on DVD though.

Sam
05-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I have to say that I haven't seen the Daredevil Director's Cut yet, but I enjoyed Daredevil. I hated Electra, Ang Lee's Hulk, and the infamous Fantastic Four that was never released but is invariably shown after midnight at Science Fiction and Comic Cons all over the country.

Mordred Deschain
05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
You talking about the Fantastic Four they made 2 movies about already? with Jessica Alba playing Sue Richards (Storm)? I liked the first movie, but the rise of the silver surfer was kind of sucko.

I have actually liked almost every comic movie that has come out as of the first X-Men movie. They have only improved after it. There are some of the movies that I have a hard time with. I actually didn't mind Daredevil or the Hulk. What I didn't understand was Catwoman.

Sam
05-03-2009, 03:50 PM
No, I'm talking about a Fantastic Four movie that was made years ago, like back in the 90's. It was so bad that it was never released in theaters OR on video. The only copies that have surfaced have been bootlegs, and there is a reason for it. The film is HORRIBLE. The only good part of it was The Thing. He looked really good. The rest of it sucked swamp waste water.

Erin
05-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I just got back from seeing it. Overall, I liked it. But just in a "it was good fun" type way.

valtr0n
05-04-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that they pretty much took one of the best X-Men plots ever (Genosha) and turned it into Three Mile Island and a way to give Deadpool tons of powers. Every time someone mentioned "the island" and rounding up mutants I thought to myself, "Fuck yes they're setting up for Genosha in another movie." But no, it's just Three Mile Island where they're taking powers from mutants for Deadpool.

Such a waste.

It's almost as bad as what they did to the Dark Phoenix Saga in The Last Stand.

flaggwalkstheline
05-04-2009, 06:26 AM
X men 3 pissed me off because they wasted the plot opportunity of killing xavier as a way to kickstart a film version of The Age Of Apocalypse:angry:

Deschain
05-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Personally I think Origins was done fairly well, I enjoyed it for the most part though admittedly I think that certain parts could have been done better but finding a movie that is exactly what I as a viewer wants is rather hard. I did rather like the opening segment though, where Wolverine was running through the different wars I thought it was done quite well.

turtlex
05-04-2009, 07:41 AM
I have had to repeatedly tell friends that X-Men 3 is NOT the Dark Phoenix Saga story!

I did like Origins, a lot. It was fun.

I completely didn't make the jump to Genosha, though. I'll have to think on that one. I didn't connect Deadpool to the radioactivity since they pretty much said they'd done it to him.

Kidd Ikarus
05-04-2009, 07:50 AM
I liked the movie. It was fun. There were some really cool things in it, but I wish there was more Gambit and I really don't like what they did with Deadpool. Goodluck making a spin-off now Hollywood.

Oh and yeah, I thought Genosha as well. Then ended up in frikkin Pennsylvania.

valtr0n
05-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Well, the stories are both fairly similar. They both involve rounding up mutants and taking them to a secret island.

Except in the movie they're using the mutants to give Deadpool powers.

Even if they didn't draw the idea of the island from Genosha, it's way too similar for Genosha to ever be used in another X-Men or Wolverine movie.

I don't think the radioactivity on Three Mile had anything to do with Deadpool, I just wish they'd saved the whole island bit for Genosha and not turned it into what they did.

idk, my bff jill?
05-04-2009, 08:43 AM
So I watched Origins on Friday, and maybe it's because I was so psyched to watch it, but I thought it was very...okay.

Boo. :(

Kidd Ikarus
05-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I feel kind of like this . . . Spending most of my life having Wolverine's origin and backstory called a 'mystery' from some of the best names in comics . . . getting little pieces here and there in the comics, cartoons and movies, the Origin miniseries . . . just enough to get an idea and the urge to want to know more . . . and then a live action, Wolverine Origin movie comes out and everything felt so rushed and choppy. I mean the admantium bonding scene felt like it was 5 seconds long . . . I don't know. It was good. I guess I just expected better IMO.

Don't get me wrong though. It was still a fun trip to the movies. It could have been worse. I sat through the whole movie of The Village by M. Night Shamalama-ding-dong at the theatre. Whoo-fah! did that suck.

sarajean
05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I sat through the whole movie of The Village by M. Night Shamalama-ding-dong at the theatre. Whoo-fah! did that suck.

nice king of the hill reference. :thumbsup:

educatedlady
05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Deadpool - Killed by Wolverine, decapitated.... reaches for his own head.... apparently alive afterall.
I got the other one! I was a bit disappointed by it, but what can you do?

SG -

I thought it was sort of interesting, putting Cyclops there, since his interaction with Logan in the first X-Men movie was all about "hating" one another. Would he not have remembered that Logan saved his life....
I wondered the same thing!

I really enjoyed the movie. And although Ryan Reynolds' acting wasn't the best, he sure was nice to look at...and those swords? WOW.

turtlex
05-04-2009, 01:34 PM
I got the other one! I was a bit disappointed by it, but what can you do?

SG -

I wondered the same thing!

I really enjoyed the movie. And although Ryan Reynolds' acting wasn't the best, he sure was nice to look at...and those swords? WOW.

WHAT THE HELL IS THE OTHER ONE !!!

Post it, post it, post it!!

Mordred Deschain
05-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey educatedlady, you know that when they showed Deadpool (when they already did the experiment on him) that was not Ryan Reynolds. The credits listed someone else I think.

I will say this, the one thing about the movie that did it for me was Victor Creed aka Sabertooth. In all the comics I read dealing with him, that was him to a T! The X-Men movie had him as a stupid moron (looked cool) But Victor Creed's bloodlust is only equaled to his cunning.

almost the best line
oooh...shiney!

also in the comic Logan was not found by and older couple, I believe the process of the bonding the metal to him was so painful, that's what partly erased his memory. He was found by couple by the name of Hudson who later became the leaders of the Canadian "avengers" Alpha Flight. Then which brings up a problem with the X-Men movies. Wolverine can heal, the metal can not. Does anyone remember the x-ray from the first x-men movie? Did he have 2 holes in his skull? Which also brings up another thing, if the bullets only entered but did not exit, does that mean he has 2 Adamantite bullets in his brain?

educatedlady
05-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey educatedlady, you know that when they showed Deadpool (when they already did the experiment on him) that was not Ryan Reynolds. The credits listed someone else I think.

Yes, I knew. But when it was Ryan doing the sword stuff...hot. He did that on Ellen the other day so I was excited to see it in the movie.

Logan is at a bar in...Japan? And the bartender is asking where he's from, he says, "Canada, I think" he drinks and she asks if he is drinking to forget. He says, "No, to remember."
That was it.

Mordred Deschain
05-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Ya someone thought he was suppose to be the same character from Blade 2 (or 3). I think Reynolds is pretty cool, 2 men and a pizza place or something right, his big start?

And as far as your spoiler, that's what I remember.

flaggwalkstheline
05-04-2009, 02:07 PM
I have an issue with the x men film franchise regarding sabertooth

in the first film he was just your basic superpowered goon, his character was not taken seriously, hell he was played by a professional wrestler!
and in this one it sounds like theyre trying to make the audience take him much more seriously....
strange

turtlex
05-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Yes, I knew. But when it was Ryan doing the sword stuff...hot. He did that on Ellen the other day so I was excited to see it in the movie.

Logan is at a bar in...Japan? And the bartender is asking where he's from, he says, "Canada, I think" he drinks and she asks if he is drinking to forget. He says, "No, to remember."
That was it.

Whoowho!!

Thank you...

this explains the interview Hugh Jackman did with Wizard Magazine in which he stated that if a sequel is warrented, he would like to follow the Japan Wolverine storyline. I recall being impressed that he took the time and actually did the background work on Wolverine as a character with a history, etc.

I do not recall seing two holes during the x-ray scene in the early X-Men movies... but I could be wrong.

I think this film completely corrects all the wrongs done to Sabertooth's character. Liev rocks the part.

Mordred Deschain
05-04-2009, 05:59 PM
I have an issue with the x men film franchise regarding sabertooth

in the first film he was just your basic superpowered goon, his character was not taken seriously, hell he was played by a professional wrestler!
and in this one it sounds like theyre trying to make the audience take him much more seriously....
strange

Sabertooth in X-Men Origins: Wolverine is way closer to the actual comic book Sabertooth. He's intelligent and he simply likes to kill. And the relationship between him and Logan in this movie is way closer to the comic book too. Sabertooth in the first X-Men movie was not even close to what Sabertooth is suppose to be like. And in the X-Men movie Sabertooth and Wolverine do not know eacthother

which reminds me of another thing. The Special Military team they are in in the movie is in the comic to, except it takes place in WWII and they are apart of Canada's Department H Special Military Team. Deadpool was apart of the team but there are couple different guys missing. And the only problem I have with the movie team is they weren't suppose to be mutants. Creed and Logan are the only 2 that had mutant powers and Stryker figured out a way to give the healing factor to the other team members, which is also interesting because all the other team members in the comic start dying because they were injected with a unstable serum that created their healing factor. Anyway that's what I remember.

You know, I am picking this apart, but I really did like it. I will repeat myself, I DO understand why they have make things different and it's mainly for people who didn't follow the comic book. As much as it sucks, there would probably be no way to jam, what 40 or 60 years of comic books into a 2 hour movie and there would be just to many movies.

my 2 cents

Telynn
05-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok, in the comic books, are Logan and Sabertooth brothers? Or was that a movie invention?

Mordred Deschain
05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
That I am actaully not sure of. A couple of years ago I flipped thru a wolverine or x-men comic that said "Wolverine's past revealed" and I didn't read it but that whole beginning with him really young was in the comic. But like I said I just flipped thru it. And honestly, I've been out of the wolverine loop for the past few years. And, to absolutely honest, the Marvel Universe is like a big soap opera. They re-do old story lines on different characters and depending on the writer, things get changed. So, it's very possible that Logan and Creed are half (or full) brothers, because the last time I knew in the comic Sabertooth and Mystique are the parents of Nightcrawler. So, basically all the mutants seemed to be related for some reason to eachother. In Origins, they had Quicksilver as one of the kids on the Island, and that's Magneto's son. :orely:

RUBE
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I am pretty sure they are half brothers but I believe they hated each other from the start.

Seymour_Glass
05-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Why did X-Men 3 have to ruin this movie series for me? I might have been excited about Emma Frost and Cyclops if there was any mention of her before and if Cyclops was still alive. Killing him in the third one nearly ruined this movie for me. So I'm sorry, X-Men Origins:Wolverine, because you got screwed over.VICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam
05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
The thing with Cyclops is that you don't really know if he's dead. In comic book speak, that means he's most likely alive.

Mordred Deschain
05-05-2009, 03:40 AM
I am pretty sure they are half brothers but I believe they hated each other from the start.

I think its kind of like the movie, Sabertooth was always jealous of Wolverine (like when they were kids) and always thought he was weak.

turtlex
05-05-2009, 03:57 AM
I am fairly sure, in the comic books - they established that Sabertooth and Wolverine were half-brothers... and then in another storyline, they kind of played that they were not... so we were left wondering.

LadyHitchhiker
05-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Yes can we talk about Deadpool yet?

wolverine0712
05-05-2009, 07:23 AM
OK - I can clear a few things up.

They've never said what the relationship is between Wolverine and Sabretooth. In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that. There was an alternate timeline story Wolverine: The End where Dog and Sabretooth were separate characters.

Nightcrawler is the son of Mystique and a demon (don't ask). Mystique and Sabretooth are the parents of Graydon Creed, an anti-mutant politician that was assassinated by Mystique and recently brought back in X-Force.

Wolverine and Sabretooth were special agents for Team X, along with Maverick (who later became Agent Zero) and Wraith. All had mutant powers. Wolvie didn't use his claws and didn't have adamantium at the time. He later was kidnapped by the Weapon X program and given memory implants that blocked his memory. Striker had nothing to do with the team or Weapon X - he was a religious figure who preached mutants were the spawn of the devil.

Now for the movie - I was disappointed. I really enjoyed the first half - up until they killed Silverfox. After that, it was pretty much a mess. I thought Deadpool was spot on in the first half, and ruined in the second half. I hate Gambit, but he was ok in the movie. The Blob was a definite bright spot, and I didn't think Will.I.Am did that bad as Wraith. As for the island, I was thinking it was more like the Neverland Island from the last Weapon X series, where they kidnapped mutants to either recruit, kill, or experiment on.

turtlex
05-05-2009, 07:27 AM
FYI : http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)

The above hints via the note : "Dog, who bears an uncanny resembalance to..."

Wuducynn
05-05-2009, 09:23 AM
I really enjoyed the movie. Two minor complaints - 1. I wish they could have not used the tired, action movie cliche's and 2. I wish they had either used the actor who played William Stryker or someone who looked a lot more like him than the one they chose. Outside of that it was really, really good.

Wuducynn
05-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Oh and I can't wait for the one about Magneto coming up.

turtlex
05-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Matthew - I agree... I wish they'd have found a way to use Brian Cox as well ( as Stryker ).

Sam
05-05-2009, 10:40 AM
FYI : http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_(James_Howlett)

The above hints via the note : "Dog, who bears an uncanny resembalance to..."

Just an FYI here, but writer Paul Jenkins has said that Dog was not intended to be Sabertooth, though he has no problem if another writer comes along later and retcons it so they are the same person.

turtlex
05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
:thumbsup:

Regardless... that whole aspect really works in the movie, very well.

Sam
05-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I think it worked very well in the movie too. I just wish the writers had worked as hard on the rest of the film.

Mordred Deschain
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
OK - I can clear a few things up.

They've never said what the relationship is between Wolverine and Sabretooth. In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that. There was an alternate timeline story Wolverine: The End where Dog and Sabretooth were separate characters.

Nightcrawler is the son of Mystique and a demon (don't ask). Mystique and Sabretooth are the parents of Graydon Creed, an anti-mutant politician that was assassinated by Mystique and recently brought back in X-Force.

Wolverine and Sabretooth were special agents for Team X, along with Maverick (who later became Agent Zero) and Wraith. All had mutant powers. Wolvie didn't use his claws and didn't have adamantium at the time. He later was kidnapped by the Weapon X program and given memory implants that blocked his memory. Striker had nothing to do with the team or Weapon X - he was a religious figure who preached mutants were the spawn of the devil.

Now for the movie - I was disappointed. I really enjoyed the first half - up until they killed Silverfox. After that, it was pretty much a mess. I thought Deadpool was spot on in the first half, and ruined in the second half. I hate Gambit, but he was ok in the movie. The Blob was a definite bright spot, and I didn't think Will.I.Am did that bad as Wraith. As for the island, I was thinking it was more like the Neverland Island from the last Weapon X series, where they kidnapped mutants to either recruit, kill, or experiment on.

This just goes to show you I'm right about the Marvel Universe being a soap opera. Because when I left off, most of the above was not true, which means between writers, they changed everything again. It's like Sam said about Cyclops, if he's comic dead, then more than likely he's alive. Like the Nightcrawler part, I have the issue when they tell Nightcrawler (it could have been a lie) that his parents are Mystique and Victor Creed. At least that is what was said in the issue I have.

Team X consisted of Logan (Wolverine), Victor Creed (Sabretooth), Maverick, Kestrel, Mastodon,and Silver Fox. Most were given an Anti-aging serum, except Logan and Creed.

Deadpool is a product of Canada's Weapon X program, which his terminal cancer was cured by Wolverine's DNA, which the process disfigured him.

And as far as Stryker, he may have been involved with the Weapon X program, not his character from the movie, but he may have been involved. Not in the graphic novel God Loves, Man Kills.

turtlex
05-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh, for sure Marvel is like a soap opera... that's why I love it so much... more angst by the mile than any other universe!

turtlex
05-06-2009, 03:45 AM
Oh, here's a shocker.

They've announced a Wolverine sequel already.

It's to follow the Samaui/Japan storyline. Which was hinted at during the "alt ending" on Print B.

Mordred Deschain
05-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Oh, here's a shocker.

They've announced a Wolverine sequel already.

It's to follow the Samaui/Japan storyline. Which was hinted at during the "alt ending" on Print B.

What....but I got the other ending...will my sequel be different?!? :)

turtlex
05-06-2009, 04:33 AM
:lol:

I got the other ending too... I guess I'll see you at that movie!

Mordred Deschain
05-06-2009, 04:35 AM
:lol:

turtlex
05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
OMG :

Los Angeles (E! Online) – It's official: The mutants are taking over Hollywood. And we're not talking about the freaks running the studios.

Following the monster weekend for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and a day after announcing that a Hugh Jackman-powered sequel is in the works, 20th Century Fox has confirmed to E! News that Jackman's costar Ryan Reynolds will be given his own spinoff and potential franchise-launcher as the Marvel Comics antihero Deadpool.

The 32-year-old Canadian actor, otherwise known as Mr. Scarlett Johansson, will again star as Wade Wilson, a wisecracking, cancer-stricken mercenary who's cured of the disease after undergoing the same Weapon X genetic alteration as Wolverine.

But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

With the freaking awesome coolness of Gambit... they go with that?

valtr0n
05-06-2009, 02:17 PM
But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

Why? What's the point? What's so wrong with the comic version of Deadpool that they have to mess with it? It's a great story. He's got cancer, he volunteers for Weapon X (NOT XI), and it fucks him up. There's more to it, yeah, but the original story is good enough on it's own. He can keep the teleportation power, he has a device in the comics for that, but really... I don't understand the need to change things that work in their original state.

Deadpool is a great character. Why change every interesting thing about him?

turtlex
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Valt - you got me on that one. I have no idea. I was really surprised by the news, honestly.

I thought Deadpool, as portrayed in the Wolverine movie, was a stinky boring villian.

Give me more Gambit or Sabertooth.

Ryan Reynolds? Meh.

valtr0n
05-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I didn't even hate Ryan Reynolds. If they'd kept him like that, but given him cancer and set him up to be a participant in the Weapon X program, that would've been fine. It'd have been a lot cooler for Wade Wilson to be Wolverine's final opponent, but with Wolverine's own special healing power.

Deadpool is enough of a badass by himself. He doesn't need Cyclops eye beams and all that other shit. It's just a bad decision all around. :(

RUBE
05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Well maybe he lost some of those powers when he "died" so that he is more like the comic version. I am pretty sure that I have heard people ask for a Deadpool movie before and didn't the character carry his title for longer than Gambit did? I am not surprised by this at all.

Mordred Deschain
05-06-2009, 03:45 PM
The only problem with Deadpool is I don't think he's suppose to be a mutant to begin with. Just an awesome mercenary. And in the comic, like I stated above, he gets his cancered cured by a serum created from Wolverine's DNA, the process is suppose to leave him disfigured. Why other powers? They should just make a tv show about that stuff! OH wait they did, it's called Heroes.

They did Gambit alright, except all that card stuff flying stuff (not his power) I thought is just suppose to be really good card tricks. Not throw the deck in the air and each card comes down one by one so he rocket them away like a machine gun. With his power, it's only suppose to take one card to propel someone thru a wall. And in the comic he throws multiple cards at once.

Kidd Ikarus
05-07-2009, 05:42 AM
I didn't even hate Ryan Reynolds. If they'd kept him like that, but given him cancer and set him up to be a participant in the Weapon X program, that would've been fine. It'd have been a lot cooler for Wade Wilson to be Wolverine's final opponent, but with Wolverine's own special healing power.

Deadpool is enough of a badass by himself. He doesn't need Cyclops eye beams and all that other shit. It's just a bad decision all around. :(

Exactly. My first thought was, "How are they going to make this happen now after the Origins fiasco." I WAS pretty pumped, but if they're continuing down this road, it's just going to be really dumb.

Ka-mai
05-07-2009, 01:06 PM
also Then which brings up a problem with the X-Men movies. Wolverine can heal, the metal can not. Does anyone remember the x-ray from the first x-men movie? Did he have 2 holes in his skull? Which also brings up another thing, if the bullets only entered but did not exit, does that mean he has 2 Adamantite bullets in his brain?

I was wondering the same thing.

Okay, I never was into X-Men as a kid, so I just know the movies. So my opinion is not really based on anything. :P

I thought Ryan Reynolds was a poor casting choice, because he is Ryan Reynolds. He should not be cast as anyone for anything. Something my boyfriend and I laughed about later: Okay, Deadpool's lips were sewn shut to get him to shut up. But he's controlled by a computer. Why didn't they just put in a "stfu" command? I know, it looks cooler if he has no mouth. Still dumb. Also, supposedly they took all the DNA and combined it. Right, then he'd have diamond-hard skin and his head wouldn't have come off. Brilliant. Not only that, but he only displayed about four superpowers. Out of all those mutants they had chilling out in prison. In summary, Deadpool sucked. :P

As for Wolverine/Sabretooth: Matt thinks he read somewhere that Sabretooth was actually Wolverine's dad, but he's not sure. It sounds like there's a lot of answers for this question. Which brings me to the opening scene of the movie: This was awful. It was so confusing. All of a sudden it was like "omg, someone's freaking out downstairs, he pissed me off, STAB, "your mom's a ho, I'm really your father" holy shit, run away quick! Maybe it makes sense if you read the comics, but it was horrible to me.

Probably my last gripe with this movie. Diamond-hard skin does not mean your skin looks like it is coated in diamonds. Even if it looked like that in the comic, it could have been done better.

Basically, I thought this was a good, albeit pretty cliche, action movie. I love the X-Men characters no matter how cheesy the movies get, and Hugh Jackman is delicious. :wub:

I wish I had known about the endings later, we left the theater right away. :(

Mordred Deschain
05-07-2009, 01:17 PM
as for Wolverine/Sabretooth: Matt thinks he read somewhere that Sabretooth was actually Wolverine's dad, but he's not sure. It sounds like there's a lot of answers for this question. Which brings me to the opening scene of the movie: This was awful. It was so confusing. All of a sudden it was like "omg, someone's freaking out downstairs, he pissed me off, STAB, "your mom's a ho, I'm really your father" holy shit, run away quick! Maybe it makes sense if you read the comics, but it was horrible to me.

The problem is I think writers for the comics are given a certain amount of freedom. And since Wolverine's memories have been played with, they can almost say anything then change it again later on. I don't think he's Wolverine's father, but who knows. But your spoiler, ya, it was interesting to say the least. Like I said to, I do remember picking up a comic book that did have almost that story line where he's a kid. But I don't know where it went from there.

Probably my last gripe with this movie. Diamond-hard skin does not mean your skin looks like it is coated in diamonds. Even if it looked like that in the comic, it could have been done better.

I agree.

turtlex
05-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah, you know - way back when, in the very beginning, when they announced Hugh Jackman as Wolverine... I was not happy. I thought he was a horrible choice and honestly, I was completely wrong. He's a GREAT Wolverine and I don't think anyone would or could do a better job. He had the whole character right ( meaning, the tone, the sarcasm, the angst, the pain, the strength ).

Gotta give him the thumbs up. :thumbsup:

flaggwalkstheline
05-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Wait the Diamond Cream from Arrested Development was in the new xmen film!?

I gotta ses it now

Seymour_Glass
05-07-2009, 01:45 PM
That's what I thought too!

RUBE
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
also Then which brings up a problem with the X-Men movies. Wolverine can heal, the metal can not. Does anyone remember the x-ray from the first x-men movie? Did he have 2 holes in his skull? Which also brings up another thing, if the bullets only entered but did not exit, does that mean he has 2 Adamantite bullets in his brain?

I was wondering the same thing.

Okay, I never was into X-Men as a kid, so I just know the movies. So my opinion is not really based on anything. :P

I thought Ryan Reynolds was a poor casting choice, because he is Ryan Reynolds. He should not be cast as anyone for anything. Something my boyfriend and I laughed about later: Okay, Deadpool's lips were sewn shut to get him to shut up. But he's controlled by a computer. Why didn't they just put in a "stfu" command? I know, it looks cooler if he has no mouth. Still dumb. Also, supposedly they took all the DNA and combined it. Right, then he'd have diamond-hard skin and his head wouldn't have come off. Brilliant. Not only that, but he only displayed about four superpowers. Out of all those mutants they had chilling out in prison. In summary, Deadpool sucked. :P

As for Wolverine/Sabretooth: Matt thinks he read somewhere that Sabretooth was actually Wolverine's dad, but he's not sure. It sounds like there's a lot of answers for this question. Which brings me to the opening scene of the movie: This was awful. It was so confusing. All of a sudden it was like "omg, someone's freaking out downstairs, he pissed me off, STAB, "your mom's a ho, I'm really your father" holy shit, run away quick! Maybe it makes sense if you read the comics, but it was horrible to me.

Basically, I thought this was a good, albeit pretty cliche, action movie. I love the X-Men characters no matter how cheesy the movies get, and Hugh Jackman is delicious. :wub:

The reason that Deadpool did not have diamond-hard skin is because they did not give him that power. They only gave him powers from ten specially chosen mutants according to what Stryker said. The rest of the mutants were just ones they captured. Remember what John Wraith said?

valtr0n
05-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Stryker said they had to determine which mutant powers could coexist within a single host, if I recall correctly.

Ka-mai
05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh yeah. Nevermind then. :P

Mordred Deschain
05-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, you know - way back when, in the very beginning, when they announced Hugh Jackman as Wolverine... I was not happy. I thought he was a horrible choice and honestly, I was completely wrong. He's a GREAT Wolverine and I don't think anyone would or could do a better job. He had the whole character right ( meaning, the tone, the sarcasm, the angst, the pain, the strength ).

You should find the interview he did for the first X-Men movie. Something like he couldn't get it. The director kept telling him that he wasn't quite getting it. And Jackman said his normal daily steps are wake up early and work out, do yoga, meditate, and I guess he eats pretty healthy. And he said after reading more of the Wolverine comics (or something), he decided to stay up late, slept thru his workout and meditation time, and started drinking coffee. When he went in that day to shoot a scene for X-Men, the director said he finally got it.

Don't quote me, I can't remember what the article said, but it was something like that.

Rjeso
05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeeeeah... umm.... what the frickin' fuck was up with Deadpool? :arg: Wade was fun, but Deadpool? There was no Deadpool. I can't believe there's gonna be a sequel based on that character (whoever that was) in the movie.

I liked Schreibertooth, but only because I dig Liev Schreiber in all that he does.

Kidd Ikarus
05-08-2009, 05:22 AM
There was a story line, by Chris Claremont I think, but I'm not sure so don't hold me to it . . . Anyway, he was gearing up for some kind of plot where Sabretooth was revealed as Wolverine's father, but it never came to fruition and later lost and forgotten.

Ka-mai
05-08-2009, 10:16 AM

You should find the interview he did for the first X-Men movie. Something like he couldn't get it. The director kept telling him that he wasn't quite getting it. And Jackman said his normal daily steps are wake up early and work out, do yoga, meditate, and I guess he eats pretty healthy. And he said after reading more of the Wolverine comics (or something), he decided to stay up late, slept thru his workout and meditation time, and started drinking coffee. When he went in that day to shoot a scene for X-Men, the director said he finally got it.

Don't quote me, I can't remember what the article said, but it was something like that.

:rofl: That would definitely do it.

Mordred Deschain
05-09-2009, 06:23 AM
There was a story line, by Chris Claremont I think, but I'm not sure so don't hold me to it . . . Anyway, he was gearing up for some kind of plot where Sabretooth was revealed as Wolverine's father, but it never came to fruition and later lost and forgotten.

That is interesting, I really like Chris Claremont. I have a couple of graphic novels he was involved with. Wonder why they didn't go with it, unless for some reason it would cause to much of a disturbance in the Marvel Universe.

Seymour_Glass
05-10-2009, 05:56 AM
I read that Claremont decided not to make Sabretooth Wolvie's dad because too many of the fans called it. And the slight obviousness factor.

Mordred Deschain
05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Makes sense.

Spencer
05-12-2009, 04:46 AM

That opening scene was a scene from Wolverine:Origin, and it was a big plot twist that took 3 months to build up to, explaining the situation. To do it with no buildup here is very confusing to someone who's never read the story, and of course, presented as it is here, there's no plot twist. In the book, Victor's not the other kid, the caretaker's son's name is Logan, and of course, the plot twist is that for 3 issues you think he's gonna be Wolverine, and then you go Holy Shit when you find out it's the sickly kid. Very well done in the book, not so in the movie.

Also, in the comics, Sabertooth is Wolverine's cousin, not his brother, and they were never really close.
http://www.ugo.com/comics/wtf-moments-in-comics/images/entries/wolverine-origin.jpg

Spencer
05-12-2009, 04:57 AM
In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that.

This is the character called Logan, his nickname is Dog, and is most assuredly NOT Victor Creed.

Mordred Deschain
05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
In the Origin comic, there was a Wolvie's half brother called Dog, but they never said any more than that.

This is the character called Logan, his nickname is Dog, and is most assuredly NOT Victor Creed.

:thumbsup:

obscurejude
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I liked the movie for what it was. I liked Ryan Reynolds, too, and I don't know why so many people don't. I used to watch Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place all the time from way back when and have enjoyed him ever since.

It was a good night out, but nothing particularly special, though Liev did a great job. He was on NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me show last week and was talking about the shakespearean elements of comic books which I found interesting. He also had a great sense of humor.

Ka-mai
05-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I basically don't like Ryan Reynolds because he looks completely vapid all of the time. Also once someone does enough shitty movies, I lose respect for them unless they come back with something really, really cool (Like the guy from Harold and Kumar playing Sulu... totally redeemed himself). This wasn't good enough. :P

You guys are making me want to read the comics now. :P

Mordred Deschain
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM
I will take Ryan Reynolds over Dane Cook anytime, as far as crappy movies. I use to watch 2 guys and a pizza place all the time to. Ryan was also in Blade trinity I think.

obscurejude
05-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, he was the only good thing about Trinity in my opinion. Comic relief in the midst of one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Sorry to the Blade fans.

Ka-mai
05-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Dane Cook really isn't that good either. He was really funny, but then I guess he got popular and decided he didn't need to work so hard anymore or something. He wasn't awful in Dan In Real Life though.

Mordred Deschain
05-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Dane Cook really isn't that good either. He was really funny, but then I guess he got popular and decided he didn't need to work so hard anymore or something. He wasn't awful in Dan In Real Life though.

I agree, his roll in Dan In Real Life was alright.

Empath of the White
05-16-2009, 07:31 AM
I finally saw this last night with some friends. It was alright, but in the beginning Was Sabretooth the guy that told Logan he was his father, or that boy that chased Logan out of the house?

All in all, I give it a 7. It was entertaining, but not something I could see myself buying once it hits DVD.

Mordred Deschain
05-16-2009, 08:37 AM
the boy that ran away with him.

they are "brothers" and thats why you see them both in the civil war, ww1, ww2, vietnam.

candy
07-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Just watched this last night and i enjoyed it, it wasn't as good as Xmen in my humble opinion, but i wasn't expecting to like it so i was pleasantly surprised

SG -

I liked it. The more I've been thinking on it, I realize they ( the proverbial "they" meaning "Those who get to make my favorite comics into movies ) can't get everything right or it would take too many hours to tell each story.

putting cyclops in for me as a stroke of genius, if they are taking mutants for experiments then - as an audience - i would have expected to see a familiar face, esp if they had taken as many as they did. - in regards to remembering logan, probabley not, as he had just been experimented on and was blind, i may be wrong but i dont think logan speaks when he is down in the cells letting them all out, so cyclops would not know who had saved them?

i liked the start of the film it set up the whole relationship of victor and logan in 5 mins which could not have been easy to do.
you get the whole menacing bullying aspect of victor when he catches up wth logan and says they need to look after each other, straight away it gives you how the brotherly relationship is going to pan out

in regards to the diamond hard skin, understand your point that it doesn't have to look like diamonds, but remember that the majority of the audience would need to be led through this film, so without having loads of dialogue explaining hard skin and what it can do, you get a visual that you recognise and understand instantly.

i hope that this is not true, as the films begining would be completley wrong then and it would confuse an awful lot of people

I liked the movie for what it was. I liked Ryan Reynolds, too, and I don't know why so many people don't. I used to watch Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place all the time from way back when and have enjoyed him ever since.

i like ryan reynolds - he was perfect for the early role with the wisearse sword weilding.
in regards to deadpool though it all went a little bit flat, someone mentioned that there was only 4 powers in deadpool, but they did say that he was not finished, but stryker wanted to use him then to kill wolverine

bonus ending 3 (just in case no one got this one, i can't see anyone did)
stryker still walking along a road and then being arrested for murder

turtlex
09-15-2009, 06:24 AM
FYI :

Best Buy is selling an exclusive Blu-Ray version of Wolverine... with a collector's bust and a $50 gift card to SideShow. The cost is $42.99 plus shipping/tax.

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/musicmoviegame/pdpimages/9447869.jpg

Note: the gift card... it can't be applied to ALL things at SideShow... they have a specific pool of products you can use the card with.

Arthur Heath
09-16-2009, 01:14 PM
I bought my copy yesterday and watched it last night. Jackman nails wolvie everytime. And thats not my man crush talking.
I liked Ryans version of Deadpool, though he needs that sweet mask he wears in the comics. Why is the X adaptations so affraid of mask's?
Gambit has been my favorite X character for years. Tyler looks the part pretty well, though Im dissapointed he had no accent at all. How about a little creole?
Theres a lot of things that can be nitpicked regarding storylines and relationships between characters. People may feel that theres has to be a certain amount of 'Hollywoodizeation' for the comic medieum to adapt to the big screen should watch Frank Millers adaptations.

turtlex
09-17-2009, 02:59 AM
I actually ordered mine from Best Buy... can't wait to sit and watch the special features.

pathoftheturtle
05-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Don't know if this will need to be merged or not yet, but I can't seem to find anywhere a past X-movies thread for it, oddly enough.
I found interesting this take (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/See-Young-Cyclops-Jean-Grey-Jubilee-More-X-Men-Apocalypse-Set-Photos-71119.html) on recent rumors from the shooting for X-Men: Apocalypse:
cinemablend.com/news/See-Young-Cyclops-Jean-Grey-Jubilee-More-Set-Photos (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/See-Young-Cyclops-Jean-Grey-Jubilee-More-X-Men-Apocalypse-Set-Photos-71119.html)
(Many other sources also covered the same images, for the record.) This writer says
...the second shot has (Jubilee) clearly wearing a yellow leather jacket. It's without question the outfit she is best known for wearing, and it looks like X-Men: Apocalypse is paying tribute to that.It's so funny to me that by this point, no one seems aware that Jubilee's best known outfit was already a (joke) tribute to the Robin outfit of classic Batman comics. In a satire within self-satire within another satire at the time of her introduction, she became Wolverine's helper when the rest of the team was lost while he was too busy having adventures in his own title to be with the X-Men all at the same time. Putting her in green shorts and a yellow jacket was obviously representative of that function in a dynamic duo. Well, for nobody to get it or even really know about the original point anymore just makes it even funnier as it continues.

Anyhow, I am annoyed that the lineup for the past incarnation of the team in this new movie seems to ignore that the school in the earlier movies already had a character who was supposed to be young Jubilee, plus there was a young Angel in X-Men: The Last Stand, and Jean and Storm clearly had never met Nightcrawler before in X2. Are they going to explain these repeats? If a younger Nightcrawler now joins sooner because history changed in the Days of Future Past movie, that's okay -- but I want to see something about the differences in timelines. It drives me nuts when filmmakers (or book writers, for that matter) can't be simply self-consistent at all.

Merlin1958
05-07-2015, 04:26 PM
To me, this franchise sort of went off the rails a while ago. I read comics as a kid and returned to them somewhat when my son became interested (Death of Superman/Carnage/X-Men: Phoenix era). It also drives me nuts how they seem to borrow storylines willy nilly. I still enjoy an "X-Men" movie, but have kinda suspended any thought of continuity in my mind. Lately, I just view each as a stand alone entry which, I think is kind of sad. In the day, "X-Men" seemed to have great stories. Now they all seem bundled up to me. Then again, I suppose I am getting too old for this stuff!!! LOL LOL I'm too casual about it these days. Maybe I'll get the juices going again when my, grandson is into it!! LOL

Shannon
05-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Death of Superman and the Breaking of the Bat storylines were childhood comic cornerstones for me.

pathoftheturtle
05-07-2015, 04:46 PM
In the comics, "Days of Future Past" was also a kind of mocking self-commentary. Stan Lee established alternate worlds in early Fantastic Four issues to let him tell time travel stories. You could go back to the past and change things, and then return to your own time without anything having been made different for you. So, after the death of the first Phoenix, the X-Men writers flipped that script: people started coming back and changing the X-Men's time from futures that would never exist. They did that because they were annoyed that the editors made them kill her off, I think. That's when the continuity in those books went off the rails. The movies are not yet so sadly bundled up, the way I see things... if that is what you are trying to say. I'm just worried that they will get more so before long.

Merlin1958
05-07-2015, 04:51 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img820/9914/superman003.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img820/4049/superman001.jpg

Sorry, I realize this is a "Marvel" thread, but these are kinda cool and someone mentioned the "Death of Superman" era. Was that me? LOL :evil:

Theli
05-08-2015, 06:04 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img820/9914/superman003.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img820/4049/superman001.jpg

Sorry, I realize this is a "Marvel" thread, but these are kinda cool and someone mentioned the "Death of Superman" era. Was that me? LOL :evil:

Way to go Merlin Superman>X-men.

Grew up with them too, though. Sold off some of my key issues but still have some. Haven't liked an X-men movie yet. I guess I found Wolverine Origins entertaining (I'm in the minority here) but haven't seen the latest or The Wolverine. It just felt like other than Jackman as Wolverine, which I think is phenomenal, they just shit all over every character and story. Except killing Cyclops, that I approve of.

pathoftheturtle
05-08-2015, 02:00 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/16/Comic_Book_-_Man_of_Steel_1_%281986%29.png
I liked "Crisis on Infinite Earths." The first Crisis. Mother of all reboots. Superman is good sometimes.

killing Cyclops I approve of.The movie version, you mean, or any version? They have often gone out of their way to make his life more interesting, because he's a plain character with an iconic power: Most of the time, they want just to have him in the comic and yet they always have to find something to do with him. Cyclops is like Stan Lee's first idea for combining the escapist fantasy of superpowers with the very self-pity that motivates that escapism in the first place. Heat vision (obviously stolen from Superman) given a brilliant twist. What could better express what a mutant is in Marvel mythology?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_N_HC2vGm-MM/SzYlXZcgWkI/AAAAAAAAAMk/MRDWbXqzHO4/s640/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_201.jpg

I've always thought it's appropriate that the films revolve around Wolverine -- he should be the main character -- but I do agree that, ever since the first film, they've underplayed too many others. Maybe in Apocalypse we will finally get to see what makes Storm cool instead of having to just take Patrick Stewart's word for it. e.g. "I trust you to take over if anything ever happens to me."

And have you seen First Class? That's gotten a lot of credit for keeping the series afloat. When rumors about it first came out, I heard that they were going to do "X-Men Origins: Magneto" ...and that is basically what it was. Younger actors as younger versions of the older characters showing how the team and the conflicts began in the 1960s. So then the latest was a time travel story where the older ones change some things meant to happen to the younger ones so that the director of the first two movies could erase the third one now that he is back.

My rankings, best to worst:

X2: X-Men United
The Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
X-Men
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Days of Future Past: The Movie
X-Men: The Last Stand (aka X-Men 3 or X3)

That's just me, though: Few people who have seen DoFP would place it so low. It was a big hit. However, despite all the many flaws in X3, I probably would have gone ahead with Storm in charge. That would be a good movie. Leave Professor X dead, too, for a while. Some of the coolest comics were in the era where it was just her, Wolverine, Rogue, and maybe some Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Beast, etc.

I've pointed out before, in our comic book forum, that Origins: Wolverine seemed to fix how they had "shit all over the character and story" of Sabretooth, then turn right around and shit on Deadpool. One thing I liked about it, though, was the way it ended firmly continuous toward the set-up of the original film. (As long as you're willing to accept that the Sabretooth in that film is a different guy from the one in this story.) Do we really have to say "screw continuity" because too many things have gotten messed up and a good story is more important? If that's so important, then why can't you just pay attention the first time, ya dumbasses?

killjoy72
05-08-2015, 02:18 PM
My ranking:

X-Men 3: DOFP
X-Men 2 (almost a tie with the above, actually)
Wolverine (2)
X-Men
X-Men:First Class
Wolverine: Origin
X-Men 3: Last Stand

Props go to DOFP for retconing the awful X3. I really wish Singer hadn't gone off and done Superman Returns, especially after setting things up as well as he did in X2. The Wolverine had a few issues, but I still really enjoyed it. I pretend Wolverine: Origins never happened. I rated the first film as high as I did because that was, to me, the first truly well done Marvel film. I'm very "meh" on First Class. Loved the casting, but I wasn't so hot on all the liberties that they took with the back story.
I'm kinda curious how Deadpool will turn out...

Theli
05-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Here's my ranking (it's the opposite of convention):

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

X3
X2
X-Men
First Class

The only reason I liked X3 was because it basically accepted the first two sucked, then made fun of the series and killed off a bunch of characters, which I approve. I was an 80's baby so I grew up with Wolverine as an X-Men, and that means Cyclops often acted like the uptight prick while Wolvie was the rebel, which as a kid I could relate to. Still can to a certain degree. My dad loves Cyclops, ever since the beginning, and I get that. My favourite characters were Wolvie, Iceman and Gambit. To make Iceman and childish pretty boy in the films ruined him for me, and to exclude Gambit also annoyed me. So when Origins rolled around I was stoked to see him included, as well as focusing on my favourite character of this iteration of X-Men. The Deadpool change kind of sucked, but I did like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, and I never followed his comics as much as the X-Men, so it didn't bother me as much.

A good part of my taste in these is based on nostalgia from the late 80's and early-mid 90's comics and cartoons. Really I just don't think Singer is a good director either, the structure and characterization in his super hero flicks (Superman Returns was an even more atrocious abortion) is severely lacking. Is he even a comic fan? It doesn't seem like it.

pathoftheturtle
05-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Wolvie was the rebel, which as a kid I could relate to.That's normal. And so he's a popular character.

My ranking:

X-Men 3: DOFP
X-Men 2 (almost a tie with the above, actually)
Wolverine (2)
X-Men
X-Men:First Class
Wolverine: Origin
X-Men 3: Last Stand

Props go to DOFP for retconing the awful X3. I really wish Singer hadn't gone off and done Superman Returns, especially after setting things up as well as he did in X2. The Wolverine had a few issues, but I still really enjoyed it. I pretend Wolverine: Origins never happened. I rated the first film as high as I did because that was, to me, the first truly well done Marvel film. I'm very "meh" on First Class. Loved the casting, but I wasn't so hot on all the liberties that they took with the back story.
I'm kinda curious how Deadpool will turn out...All I can say is my estimate of DoFP will go up if the sequel is good.
And I don't want Deadpool to pretend Origins never happened. It can be fixed intelligently if there's any intelligence at the studio.
I think you expressed the majority opinion, which is healthy for a thread like this. Thank you.
Nevertheless, I stand by my initial questions. Will there be any logic to the changes they make in Apocalypse? Hope so; if it inexplicably remakes half of the elements, then they might as well just start the entire series all over again.

Theli
05-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Wolvie was the rebel, which as a kid I could relate to.That's normal. And so he's a popular character.

No way!

killjoy72
05-10-2015, 07:07 AM
And he's a Canadian!

Theli
05-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Mind = Blown

fernandito
05-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Personal ranking:

X2
X-Men: Days of Future Past
X
Wolverine 2
X3
Wolverine : Origins

pathoftheturtle
05-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Personal ranking:

X2
X-Men: Days of Future Past
X
Wolverine 2
X3
Wolverine : Origins
You didn't like The Wolverine? Biggest surprise to me here, your placing Wlv 2 at #5.

fernandito
07-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Our first look at Apocalypse for the upcoming film.

Idk about this...

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/16/first-official-look-at-psylocke-apocalypse-and-magneto-in-x-men-ap/

fernandito
07-16-2015, 09:11 AM
:/

http://www.ew.com/gallery/first-look-x-men-apocalypse

DanHocker
07-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Those photos look like they are really early in production. I'm surprised they released them to be honest. Definitely looks off because he's purple in some pictures and blue in others. I'm not put off by the style of the character design though, he was never going to look like he does in the comics.

killjoy72
07-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Apocalypse looks dumb. I'm sorry, but there's just no other way to say it. From such a simple, bad ass, and iconic character design from the comics to now look like something out of a Power Rangers movie... ugh.

DanHocker
07-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Maybe it's just me and that I don't have the same nostalgia for Marvel stuff as a whole as a lot of people do, but Apocalypse's original design never really seemed that badass to me (or simple for that matter).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/100990/2361644-784883_adventuresofthexmen0604pm7_super.jpg

killjoy72
07-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Haha! Well, 90's art style aside, that's still way better than what we got (although I'll agree that the "A" belt buckle was always silly).
I always thought he had a cool looking face. Either way I just wish they made him CG. He would've looked a lot better.
Come on Dan, you don't think this looks cool?

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/fantagor72/Miscellaneous/apocalypse_zps51ah3o6b.jpg

DanHocker
07-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Haha! Well, 90's art style aside, that's still way better than what we got (although I'll agree that the "A" belt buckle was always silly).
I always thought he had a cool looking face. Either way I just wish they made him CG. He would've looked a lot better.
Come on Dan, you don't think this looks cool?

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/fantagor72/Miscellaneous/apocalypse_zps51ah3o6b.jpg

I do mostly like his face design but the rest of the costume is kinda meh to me. We where never gonna get a giant Apocalypse who looks like he's been on steroids since he was born. I'm mostly reserving judgment until I actually see the new design in use in more than what the shaky cam comic con trailer showed. That said I can understand why a fan could be upset. I'd probably be upset if they drastically changed the look of Darkseid. That said I'll see your action figure:

http://acimg.auctivacommerce.com/imgdata/0/1/9/3/9/7/webimg/3056766.jpg

and raise you a cool piece of art:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11/117763/3357329-ultx04924.jpg

Mattrick
07-17-2015, 12:38 PM
My rankings:

Days of Future Past
X-2 (kind of a 1a, 1b thing here)
First Class
The Wolverine
X-Men
The Last Stand
Origins

Mattrick
07-17-2015, 12:39 PM
I want to watch The Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past:

http://www.denofgeek.com/dvd-bluray/x-men-days-of-future-past/36201/x-men-days-of-future-past-rogue-cut-review

fernandito
07-17-2015, 12:44 PM
They went full comic book with the Psylocke costume, they should have just done the same with Apocalypse.

Minus the stupid A belt buckle.

mae
07-18-2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vjliwcVeRU

DanHocker
07-20-2015, 06:09 AM
They went full comic book with the Psylocke costume, they should have just done the same with Apocalypse.

Minus the stupid A belt buckle.

They did, but it looks good. Had they gone full comic book with Apocalypse we'd be getting something akin to Thanos and then we'd all be complaining about the CGI. So mostly I don't think we / they can win either way.

mae
07-20-2015, 06:26 AM
Looks like they went with a pharaoh look for Apocalypse. I think I like it, but I need to see it in action. Where's that damn teaser, Fox?

DanHocker
07-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Looks like they went with a pharaoh look for Apocalypse. I think I like it, but I need to see it in action. Where's that damn teaser, Fox?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get it when Deadpool drops in a couple of weeks.

mae
08-03-2015, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZHBjyUGhQ

mae
08-04-2015, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

webstar1000
08-05-2015, 03:28 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! SEE THAT IS A COMIC BOOK MOVIE!!! How the studio every let this be R is beyond me... BUT... this movie will kill it at the box office AND show them movie exec douche bags that it can be done this way again. Member the action of the 80's and 90's?? Then they started going to PG-13... which sucks so much realism from the movie. This is GREAT... cannot wait.

fernandito
08-05-2015, 08:11 AM
This is part of a much larger conversation, but studios have adapted the PG-13 model out of necessity.

There is no way they are cutting out roughly 40% of their audience by tagging something Rated R with inflation and what it costs to produce a movie these days. Then there's online pirating and their share of the pie gets smaller and smaller. PG-13 guarantees that as many people that want to watch it, can.

DanHocker
08-06-2015, 11:14 AM
This is part of a much larger conversation, but studios have adapted the PG-13 model out of necessity.

There is no way they are cutting out roughly 40% of their audience by tagging something Rated R with inflation and what it costs to produce a movie these days. Then there's online pirating and their share of the pie gets smaller and smaller. PG-13 guarantees that as many people that want to watch it, can.

Pretty much this. Personally I think we should get rid of the distinction between PG - 13 and R. I don't personally think anything you'd see in a R movie would have any negative effect on a 13 to 17 year old. With the internet these days and how popular things like Netflix have become kids of that age range are seeing those movies anyways, just not in the theater.

Merlin1958
08-13-2015, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKWUTwSYAs

Jeeve's? Fetch me my bucket of popcorn we're going to the cinema!!!!!

DoctorZaius
08-14-2015, 07:31 AM

Pretty much this. Personally I think we should get rid of the distinction between PG - 13 and R. I don't personally think anything you'd see in a R movie would have any negative effect on a 13 to 17 year old. With the internet these days and how popular things like Netflix have become kids of that age range are seeing those movies anyways, just not in the theater.

Are you kidding me. Are you a parent? So you think that my 13 year old daughter should be able to go purchase a ticket to see 50 Shades of Grey? You have got to be bleeping kidding me! You are right that kids will always figure out a way to see what they want to see - I can remember sneaking into Animal House when I was a kid - but that does not mean that as adults we should condone, or even endorse, the behavior. Society needs to set parameters, as do parents, and while I admit that the ratings system itself is flawed, it's still the best thing we have. I would also argue that the distinction between PG-13 an R has already been blurred. There are many PG-13 movies that would have been rated R in years past. Just last year my then 12 year old had her English Teacher show Insidious 2 in class. Needless to say, I lost it on the principal!

To get back somewhat on topic here, the upcoming release of Deadpool will really have parents in a quandary. The release of a Red and Green trailer is their way of pulling the younger audience in. At the end of the Green trailer, Deadpool even encourages young ones to check out the more violent Red trailer on his website, with the caveat that they should check with their mothers first - as if! I too am anxious to see how this one goes. I would love to see both an R rated and a PG-13 rated version released at the same time.

DanHocker
08-14-2015, 12:20 PM

Are you kidding me. Are you a parent? So you think that my 13 year old daughter should be able to go purchase a ticket to see 50 Shades of Grey? You have got to be bleeping kidding me! You are right that kids will always figure out a way to see what they want to see - I can remember sneaking into Animal House when I was a kid - but that does not mean that as adults we should condone, or even endorse, the behavior. Society needs to set parameters, as do parents, and while I admit that the ratings system itself is flawed, it's still the best thing we have. I would also argue that the distinction between PG-13 an R has already been blurred. There are many PG-13 movies that would have been rated R in years past. Just last year my then 12 year old had her English Teacher show Insidious 2 in class. Needless to say, I lost it on the principal!

To get back somewhat on topic here, the upcoming release of Deadpool will really have parents in a quandary. The release of a Red and Green trailer is their way of pulling the younger audience in. At the end of the Green trailer, Deadpool even encourages young ones to check out the more violent Red trailer on his website, with the caveat that they should check with their mothers first - as if! I too am anxious to see how this one goes. I would love to see both an R rated and a PG-13 rated version released at the same time.

Well that was a little over the top. As to 50 Shades of Grey what's the difference between a 13 year old going to see that movie or walking into a book store and buying the book? Last I looked that book isn't age restricted in anyway, I don't even think there's really a system in place for that. As to the line already being blurred, that kinda goes into my point. The line is soo blurred why even have the line in the first place.

At the end of the day though the distinction between these ratings are to say that a 12 year old isn't mature enough yet to see a PG-13 movie or a 16 year old isn't mature enough to see a R rated movie. Age only tangentially determines someone's maturity level, so really it's all fairly arbitrary in the first place.

Merlin1958
08-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Maybe we should look to adjust the ages, rather than the designations?

DoctorZaius
08-14-2015, 04:50 PM

I would have equal disappointment if my daughter of 13 went and purchased 50 Shades (she could just take it off my wife's bookshelf), but the interesting thing is that the book would pose a whole new set of accessibility problems for her as she tried to figure out what all the bondage paraphernalia is all about. In film, however, things are much more visceral, and thing are presented much more clearly that one's adolescent imagination might create. Besides, let's face it, kids don't read - I know, I am an English teacher.

Merlin's point, and your's by extension are good ones. I submit the ratings system for England for debate/commentary.

U Universal, suitable for all.
PG All ages admitted, but Parental Guidance is recommended. It is the board's policy that movies rated "PG" should not disturb a child of about 8 years of age or older; however, "parents are advised to consider whether the content may upset young or more sensitive children."
12 No one under 12 years of age may see a "12" film or rent or buy a "12" video.
15 No one under 15 years of age may see a "15" film or rent or buy a "15" video.
18 Suitable only for adults. No one under 18 years of age may see an "18" film or rent or buy an "18" video.
R18 To be supplied only in licensed sex shops to adults of not less than 18 years of age.

Merlin1958
08-14-2015, 06:13 PM

I would have equal disappointment if my daughter of 13 went and purchased 50 Shades (she could just take it off my wife's bookshelf), but the interesting thing is that the book would pose a whole new set of accessibility problems for her as she tried to figure out what all the bondage paraphernalia is all about. In film, however, things are much more visceral, and thing are presented much more clearly that one's adolescent imagination might create. Besides, let's face it, kids don't read - I know, I am an English teacher.

Merlin's point, and your's by extension are good ones. I submit the ratings system for England for debate/commentary.

PG All ages admitted, but Parental Guidance is recommended. It is the board's policy that movies rated "PG" should not disturb a child of about 8 years of age or older; however, "parents are advised to consider whether the content may upset young or more sensitive children."
12 No one under 12 years of age may see a "12" film or rent or buy a "12" video.
15 No one under 15 years of age may see a "15" film or rent or buy a "15" video.
18 Suitable only for adults. No one under 18 years of age may see an "18" film or rent or buy an "18" video.
R18 To be supplied only in licensed sex shops to adults of not less than 18 years of age.

That seems like a valid change. Hey, I raised two kids as well so, I know what you mean. At the same time the current rating system seems out of touch. Something should be done IMHO.

DoctorZaius
08-14-2015, 06:32 PM

That seems like a valid change. Hey, I raised two kids as well so, I know what you mean. At the same time the current rating system seems out of touch. Something should be done IMHO.

I kind of like this English rating system. There is an interesting documentary called, "This Film is Not Yet Rated" that is a crazy eye opener to this crazy process. It's a fascinating piece for anyone who truly loves film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493459/

DanHocker
08-17-2015, 07:38 AM
I just don't think these things should be law or regulated. The age distinctions aren't really what matter here, it's maturity level. The only people that can determine the maturity level is the parent. Maybe it's different these days, but when I was 12 - 14 if I wanted to go see a movie my parents had to take me. Heck most of the time I had to get the money to go see that movie from my parents. I guess I just don't really believe in the whole "Nanny State" thing.

DoctorZaius
08-17-2015, 05:09 PM
I just don't think these things should be law or regulated. The age distinctions aren't really what matter here, it's maturity level. The only people that can determine the maturity level is the parent. Maybe it's different these days, but when I was 12 - 14 if I wanted to go see a movie my parents had to take me. Heck most of the time I had to get the money to go see that movie from my parents. I guess I just don't really believe in the whole "Nanny State" thing.

I get what you are saying Dan, I do. It was much the same way when I was a kid. There were only 2-4 movies playing at the theater, and the tickets were taken at the theater doors. These days, with the size of movie complexes reaching 16+ theaters, the policing is non existent. While I don't want to live in a totalitarian society, I also don't want young ones to see whatever they want unchecked. Luckily, I have two morally strong daughters who understand the values we have instilled in them as parents, and have thus far trusted us to help them decide when it OK to see these things.

mae
11-04-2015, 07:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nvg0LwWeTU

fernandito
11-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Hey has anyone seen the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past?

mae
12-11-2015, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQcilG-7as

webstar1000
12-11-2015, 08:23 AM
BOOM. Looks SICK!

fernandito
12-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Still not sold on Apocalypse's look btw.

Can't wait to see Magneto in action again ♥

DanHocker
12-11-2015, 10:15 AM
He looks better than he did in those magazine shots. I kinda wish they had held the bald Professor X for the movie though.

fernandito
12-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Also good god, Sophie Turner is a terrible actress.

mae
12-13-2015, 08:53 AM

I dunno, he looks like fucking Apocalypse to me:

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/12/13/xmen-poster.jpg

fernandito
12-15-2015, 03:13 PM

I dunno, he looks like fucking Apocalypse to me:

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/12/13/xmen-poster.jpg

Even in these Ivan Ooze-esque shots?

http://cdn1-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/1970/01/file_611375_x-men-apocalypse-picture-apocalypse-640x413.jpg

mae
12-15-2015, 09:36 PM
I don't think that's the final finished look in the film. That's just him on set, and they'll color-correct and CGI his face up.

mae
12-15-2015, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdzhHQbVMZs

DanHocker
12-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Most of the speculation seems to be that the reason there aren't many shots of Apocalypse in the trailer is because they are redoing all of the effects on Apocalypse to make him not look like those EW shots.

mae
12-25-2015, 05:47 AM
Merry Christmas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM1HydF9UA

Laughing my ass off! Brilliant.

mae
12-30-2015, 11:41 PM
More Deadpool shenanigans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOiq_A6r8ic

mae
01-05-2016, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP6aBdQzeCM

mae
01-16-2016, 06:55 AM
Genius:

http://static.filmbuzi.hu/wp-content/uploads//2016/01/12466014_952331271527546_144728287173782764_o.jpg

fernandito
01-18-2016, 10:34 AM
http://www.adweek.com/files/deadpool-billboard-ep.jpg

mae
01-21-2016, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVj8Pm9JRjI

mae
01-29-2016, 12:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CetoXkYUxk

RUBE
01-29-2016, 05:12 PM
I wish I could see any of those videos on this reader.

Anyway, I just watched X3: The Last Stand again and I don't think it is as terrible as people make it out to be. Cyclops gets a raw deal so they can feature Wolverine instead but the death of major characters in general isn't a problem in my eyes because it happens a lot in the comics. Out of the first trilogy it has the first time the team actual works together in a fight which I really liked. The biggest problem is that they combined two movies (Dark Phoenix and "the cure") into one movie so that they couldn't explore both fully.

I am going to give X-Men Origins: Wolverine a try again but I don't think a second viewing will make me like it more. It has way more problems than X-3 in my opinion.

mae
02-02-2016, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0T8dLAyT6I

fernandito
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I love that Xavier being bald is one of the trailer's selling points btw :lol:

mae
02-07-2016, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcRwtgXkJNQ

mae
02-08-2016, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnu06cIUpMs

DanHocker
02-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Deadpool was incredible. I'm going to see it again tomorrow. Fair warning though it's rated R for a reason, and if you know anything about the character, you'll know it really needed to be rated R. I knew from the second the opening credits rolled I was going to love this movie.

Shannon
02-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Seeing it today as soon as I get out of traffic court. :(

fernandito
02-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Seeing it this weekend. Can't wait!

mae
02-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Deadpool was incredible. I'm going to see it again tomorrow. Fair warning though it's rated R for a reason, and if you know anything about the character, you'll know it really needed to be rated R. I knew from the second the opening credits rolled I was going to love this movie.

Deadpool was insanely good. All the self-aware references were so funny. Colossus, always my favorite X-Men character, was great as well. Loved the end-credits scene too. Negasonic was sweet. Deadpool 2 is gonna rock.

mae
02-13-2016, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zhqZaE5yvU

becca69
02-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Deadpool need to win the Oscar! All thumbs up for this family!

RUBE
02-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Just finished watching Deadpool and it was pretty good. My wife even liked it although it took her awhile to warm up to it. Having just watched X-men Origins: Wolverine, this just highlights how terribly wrong they got the Deadpool character there. I hope the sequel talk is legit especially if you-know-who is in it.

Lookwhoitis
02-13-2016, 06:43 PM
Enjoyed the shit out of Deadpool! :excited:

Merlin1958
02-13-2016, 09:49 PM

Deadpool was insanely good. All the self-aware references were so funny. Colossus, always my favorite X-Men character, was great as well. Loved the end-credits scene too. Negasonic was sweet. Deadpool 2 is gonna rock.

Deadpool need to win the Oscar! All thumbs up for this family!

Just finished watching Deadpool and it was pretty good. My wife even liked it although it took her awhile to warm up to it. Having just watched X-men Origins: Wolverine, this just highlights how terribly wrong they got the Deadpool character there. I hope the sequel talk is legit especially if you-know-who is in it.

Enjoyed the shit out of Deadpool! :excited:

And.........

A certain well respected "Director" went to see, "Zoolander"????? LOL LOL He does make me laugh though....

RUBE
02-26-2016, 04:47 AM
I read that Wolverine 3 might be the Old Man Logan storyline but there would be a problem adapting that since so many of the characters are already claimed by the Marvel movies.

DanHocker
02-26-2016, 08:09 AM
I read that Wolverine 3 might be the Old Man Logan storyline but there would be a problem adapting that since so many of the characters are already claimed by the Marvel movies.

Well like everything they do it wouldn't be a direct adaptation. So what we'll get is a Old Man Logan type story, but with different characters.

Shannon
02-26-2016, 09:30 PM
I loved Old Man Logan.

fernandito
02-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Old Man Logan is incredible. I love that storyline.

picontin
03-02-2016, 03:28 AM
Looking forward to see this!

picontin
03-02-2016, 03:29 AM
Looking forward to see Apocalypse!

mae
03-12-2016, 04:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzCEe0svL7k

mae
03-17-2016, 06:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfBVIHgQbYk

Merlin1958
03-17-2016, 05:59 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

fernandito
03-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Idk about the CGI in this one...

Still not sold on Apocalypse :(

Merlin1958
03-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Idk about the CGI in this one...

Still not sold on Apocalypse :(

He looks pretty cool, but you're right there is something "off".

fernandito
03-18-2016, 02:46 PM
He's just not threatening enough. He needs to be physically imposing. The threat of his presence should be as powerful as his arrogance.

I'm just not getting that.

fernandito
03-18-2016, 02:46 PM
He's just not threatening enough. He needs to be physically imposing. The threat of his presence should be as powerful as his arrogance.

Merlin1958
03-18-2016, 03:09 PM

It is only a trailer. Perhaps he will appear more powerful/menacing in the actual film?

fernandito
03-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Hopefully!

RUBE
03-18-2016, 09:09 PM
He doesn't need to be big if he can melt cars with his mind. I honestly don't see how this X-Men team can beat this set of Apocalypse's horsemen much less him. I am excited about this movie even though there are so many things wrong when compared to the comics (Mystique leading the X-Men for one) partly because they are going to have to show some great teamwork to overcome those odds.

DanHocker
03-21-2016, 07:01 AM
I actually like they are being drastically different from the comics. I think it's better for them to change it entirely than to stick so close that people get super upset when they get something wrong. At least this way you're telling a different story, just with a similar set of characters.

mattgreenbean
03-21-2016, 07:13 AM
He doesn't need to be big if he can melt cars with his mind. I honestly don't see how this X-Men team can beat this set of Apocalypse's horsemen much less him. I am excited about this movie even though there are so many things wrong when compared to the comics (Mystique leading the X-Men for one) partly because they are going to have to show some great teamwork to overcome those odds.

I imagine Mystique is leading bc it's J-Law. Does anyone else not like her, or is it just me? She fine when blue, but when she turns "normal" I'm just thinking, "she needed that face time."

DanHocker
03-21-2016, 08:43 AM

I imagine Mystique is leading bc it's J-Law. Does anyone else not like her, or is it just me? She fine when blue, but when she turns "normal" I'm just thinking, "she needed that face time."

I like her. She suffers from over saturation though. Since The Hunger Games blew up she's been in 2 to 3 movies a year and she's just kinda everywhere. I think the trailers are probably a bit misleading though. I doubt she leads the X-Men until the end of the movie. I do kinda wish they kept using her in a "rouge agent" kind of role though. I though it worked really well for her in the last movie.

mae
04-25-2016, 05:45 AM
We all knew it was coming. Nice to get some confirmation though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jer8XjMrUB4

mae
05-05-2016, 07:23 AM
If the blu-ray doesn't collect all of these nuggets it will be a tragedy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isZYRbKP8uU

mae
05-19-2016, 09:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwWVTmrtW6M

mae
05-25-2016, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8BobmZglOk

pathoftheturtle
06-04-2016, 05:00 AM
Remember I was all like, "It's not that good" when DoFP was getting raves? Well, now Apocalypse is getting panned for being too convoluted. Uh, yeah, of course it is. Welcome to my vantage point.
It's kind of hard to take satisfaction in a scene that shows you how Professor X lost his hair when you are unavoidably aware that it could not have happened the same way in the original timeline, (which was never depicted all the way through these parts of back history) isn't it? Fans jumped on board the "erase the weaker films" idea with a kind of mob mentality that seems to be pretty typical around pop theory, but Nightcrawler showing up in this new continuity to join them at a younger age proves that it grants no solid affirmation to the stronger past installments, either. Anybody else wonder how they could have defeated Apocalypse in the universe in which they did not meet Kurt before X2? Oh, not in so many words, major media film critics, but suddenly many of you do notice how it has gotten "confusing" ...? Well, how about that? Who could have guessed?
And another thing that I have said for years which, lo and behold, is a common refrain finally here: It is fine for Wolverine to be the key protagonist, but you shouldn't obsess and underplay characters who are nearly as vital for defining the team as he is, such as -- I've specifically maintained all along -- the (now) notedly sidelined Storm. So maybe now my argument that "as bad as the treatment of the Cyclops / Xavier / Phoenix deaths in The Last Stand obviously were, it's still a bit disappointing that a Storm led follow up didn't happen" will get some respect as well. What's that, popular reviewers? You are in fact on the same page about the Professor's leadership dynamic getting a bit monotonous with so much made of Erik? Huh, shocking.
Eh, at least the world is catching up.
Yet I also feel at this point that I must emphasize there are still some true bright spots in this latest movie. After all, somebody has to stay tempered enough to be this time toward you folks like, "It's not all that bad."

Tommy
06-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Who Looks the Most Bored in X-Men: Apocalypse? (http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/who-looks-the-most-bored-in-x-men-apocalypse.html)

mae
10-17-2016, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ3GxJQOlaY

mae
10-20-2016, 07:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0HRx_0fimc

fernandito
10-20-2016, 09:44 AM
It looks like they're combining the Old Man Logan and Messiah storylines, but replacing Cable with Wolverine.

Looks amazing.

mae
01-19-2017, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkeHIiJTzIg

RUBE
01-22-2017, 11:56 AM
They give away too much in trailers now but damn I still want to see this.

fernandito
01-25-2017, 07:55 AM
My most anticipated movie of Q1 2017 ^

mae
01-25-2017, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSJoyESzxzU

DanHocker
01-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Interesting. I didn't know they where working on a TV show other than Legion, which I actually saw the trailer for earlier today. I don't really know much about the character Legion, but the trailer looked interesting.

pathoftheturtle
01-26-2017, 04:54 PM
Interesting. I didn't know they where working on a TV show other than Legion, which I actually saw the trailer for earlier today. I don't really know much about the character Legion, but the trailer looked interesting.

Ah. Well, basically, he was a mentally ill illegitimate son of Professor X... it's a pretty safe bet that the show will actually be practically all different from the character in the comics.

mattgreenbean
02-15-2017, 07:44 PM
Watched the first episode of Legion. I enjoyed it. Pretty visual show. Main character David is likable. Hope it does well.

Mattrick
02-15-2017, 09:54 PM
My most anticipated movie of Q1 2017 ^

There are other movies in Q1?

mae
02-17-2017, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ7sWJiHzaQ

fernandito
02-20-2017, 10:05 AM
A couple of reviewers are calling Logan the "Dark Knight of the X-Men franchise".

As if I needed to move my hype needle up even more. :excited:

DanHocker
03-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Is anyone watching Legion on FX? I've been watching and boy is that one weird, awesome, messed up show. Really nothing to do with the X-Men universe as we know it, but still really cool. It has a really interesting visual style that I don't think I've seen anything quite like it on TV before.

mae
03-01-2017, 08:56 AM
Is anyone watching Legion on FX? I've been watching and boy is that one weird, awesome, messed up show. Really nothing to do with the X-Men universe as we know it, but still really cool. It has a really interesting visual style that I don't think I've seen anything quite like it on TV before.

Looking forward to starting it, there's a thread in Fedic Station.

DanHocker
03-03-2017, 08:01 AM
I saw Logan last night. Definitely worth a watch. Honestly at times it barely even feels like a comic book movie.

Joe315
03-03-2017, 02:28 PM
I saw Logan last night. Definitely worth a watch. Honestly at times it barely even feels like a comic book movie.

Agree. Stands on its own really.

fernandito
03-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Gonna watch it tonight at midnight :D

mae
03-04-2017, 09:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ezsReZcxU